[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

September 2023

League: Tord 2-2 Djurgarden

So close to doing the double over them. Joakim Lindqvist (YP26) gave us an early lead which was quickly cancelled out by Djurgarden. However Peter Jansson (YP33) restored our lead just before half time. We held onto this 2-1 advanatge as long as we could but it wasn't enough as Djurgarden equalised with 13 mins to go. A point is still very good though.

League: Helsingborg 0-0 Tord

Another decent point to take. We matched them in every department. We didn't have any major chances ourselves but we restricted their excellently.

League: Tord 2-1 Trelleborg

Probably our best performance of the season. We could have had 4 or 5 goals in this match but thankfully 2 was just enough. We hit the bar in an otherwise uneventful 1st half but we came to life in the 2nd half. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us the lead before we were awarded a penalty in the 82nd min. Jimmy Froberg (YP28) stepped up and hit the post but luckily his rebound found the net. Trelleborg set up a nervy finish by scoring in the 86th min but we hung on for a vital victory as teams around us were starting to pick up points.

League: GAIS 1-0 Tord

:( We played well up until the final mins where we gave away a stupid corner which GAIS scored from. We were 3 mins away from a point but now we have given one of our rivals 3 costly points.

Of our 5 remaining games we play both Orebro and Elfsborg at home. With the latter being the final match of the season, vital games.

LeagueTableSept-4.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still keeping it steady, although Sirius are pulling away a bit which isn't good news. You're being very economical with the points return from the few goals you've scored!

Most of our victories have been 1-0's and we have had a fair few 0-0's as well. We are set up very defensively as we kind of have to to get any points from matches against much better opposition.

Things have recently taken a turn for the worst though, Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) is out for 9-10 months with cruciate ligament damage and Anders Axelsson (YP20) out for 5-6 months with a broken foot. Both key players to the team, Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) more so. Axelsson (YP20) was injured in the GAIS match and Karlsson (YP8) was injured in the 1st match of October

Edit: Now Filip Linder (YP6), our 1st choice keeper, is out for 3 weeks with a twisted knee

Edit: On a brighter note Hakan Larsson (YP35) has become the 1st player to be called up for International duty. It's only th U19's and he probably won't even play but it is still a great achievement

Edit: On a brighter note Hakan Larsson (YP35) has become the 1st player to be called up for International duty. It's only th U19's and he probably won't even play but it is still a great achievement

Turns out he did play but not very well. Got a 6.1 rating and was subbed off in the 82nd min. The match finished 2-2 against France U19's.

October 2023

League: Tord 1-1 AIK

A very good result against arguably the biggest club in Sweden. Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) gave us the lead in the 24th min only for it to be cancelled out by AIK just before half time. We held on in the 2nd half to claim a vital point. Unfortunately it was marred by Fredrik Karlsson (YP8)'s terrible injury.

League: Assyriska 3-2 Tord

Gutted that we didn't get anything out of this match. Jonas Andersson (YP27) gave us the lead in the 1st half which we held on to till half time. In the 2nd half Assyriska came back and equalised shortly after the restart. We didn't give up fighting though and Johan Heinonen gave us the lead for the 2nd time this match. However we were cruelly cut down by 2 goals in the last 10 mins to see us go from 2-1 up to 3-2 down.

League: Tord 2-0 Orebro

This was the match that I am referring to in my quote which Flamers's posted. Peter Jansson (YP33), our only competent striker got a goal but then got injured soon after. After the match I found out that he too will be out for 4-5 months which leaves me with 2 errrm less than capable strikers upfront. In fairness one of them finished the game off in the 91st min, Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) made it 2-0. This embarrassingly enough was our biggest win of the season so far. Also after the match I found out that 1 of my 2 remaining defenders would be suspended for picking up 5 yellows.

LeagueTableOct.png

Damn drunk uni students :p

Flamers

shhh I'nm nnnoty drrunkj :D

I've gotta believe he played the games, rather than that he took off drinking without having finished the season off. Can't imagine any other possibility.

Yer I did play them but literally as soon as I finished I had to go. Only me and Flamers know the outcome :D

Yer I did play them but literally as soon as I finished I had to go. Only me and Flamers know the outcome :D

Hopefully the ":D" means it is a positive outcome! Very unlucky with the injuries, it couldn't have been a little bruise could it :(.

Just read the whole thread. What an amazing adventure! You must be the unofficial master of making a reasonable squad out of (let's be honest) crappy newgens. I've seen a few people do the "youth challenge" with clubs that already have more than decent facilities (Ajax, St. Etienne etc.), but to take a team from the bottom of the Swedish leagues to the Allsvenskan is really impressive.

Congratulations on getting the club's first Swedish national call-up as well, but let's not forget to give you credit for that Bosnian guy (Damjanovic?) a while ago. He got a few youth caps too. That's twice as good! ;)

Also, I may have an explanation to your "unlucky" away draws in the cup. I'm not certain that this is the case, but if it's anything like the Danish cup system then you're pretty much bound to play away games at first, being a team from the top tiers. If two teams from different tiers are drawn together, the team from the lowest tier will get the home advantage. Only if the teams drawn together play at the same level will the home advantage be random. This makes the Danish Cup radically different from, say, the English FA Cup where any team might play anywhere. I bet this is part of the reason to your seven consecutive away draws. Either that or you're just genuinely unlucky.

Here's hoping that you stay up and maybe get a good cup run next season. After all, it's the shortcut to Europe. :thup:

I will do the update when I get back from my 11am lecture. So around midday.

Just read the whole thread. What an amazing adventure! You must be the unofficial master of making a reasonable squad out of (let's be honest) crappy newgens. I've seen a few people do the "youth challenge" with clubs that already have more than decent facilities (Ajax, St. Etienne etc.), but to take a team from the bottom of the Swedish leagues to the Allsvenskan is really impressive.

Congratulations on getting the club's first Swedish national call-up as well, but let's not forget to give you credit for that Bosnian guy (Damjanovic?) a while ago. He got a few youth caps too. That's twice as good! ;)

Also, I may have an explanation to your "unlucky" away draws in the cup. I'm not certain that this is the case, but if it's anything like the Danish cup system then you're pretty much bound to play away games at first, being a team from the top tiers. If two teams from different tiers are drawn together, the team from the lowest tier will get the home advantage. Only if the teams drawn together play at the same level will the home advantage be random. This makes the Danish Cup radically different from, say, the English FA Cup where any team might play anywhere. I bet this is part of the reason to your seven consecutive away draws. Either that or you're just genuinely unlucky.

Here's hoping that you stay up and maybe get a good cup run next season. After all, it's the shortcut to Europe. :thup:

Thanks, I know it's a tough challenge but in a place like Sweden all the leagues are similar in quality and a very poor quality at that. To give you some idea it's between League 1 and Championship standard.

Yes the guy was Damjanovic well remembered. He chose Bosnia over Sweden and got 7 youth caps and 1 youth goal.

Your cup theory makes sense because even I can't be that unlucky in the cup draws. I will now stop compaining about it :D

Yer I do believe the cup is our best chance to get into Europe at the moment but even that seems a bit far away

November 2023

League: Mjallby 2-0 Tord

Things get even worse on the striker front as one of our 2 remaining strikers gets himself sent off after just 20 mins of the match. Not only does he miss the rest of this match and the last game of the season but also 2 games at the start of next season. We struggled with a man less throughout the match and eventually succumbed in the 2nd half. Despite this result we were safe from automatic relegation going into the final game. That means we go into the final day needing a win and for GAIS to lose or draw or Hammarby to lose or a draw and for GAIS to lose by more than 1 goal to escape the relegation playoff.

League: Tord 1-0 Elfsborg

After a pretty even start we were handed a lifeline when an Elfsborg player got a straight red after just 29 mins. We couldn't take advantage of this in the 1st half so went in 0-0 at the break. News of other results filtered in: GAIS were level away to Trelleborg and Hammarby were level at home to IK Sirius. So as things stand we would need to win to be safe.

The 2nd half was pretty uneventful in our match but after 75 mins we heard that Trelleborg and IK Sirius were beating GAIS and Hammarby respectively. A real chance for us which we took in the tensest of circumstances. Three mins of added time were put on the board but at the rate things were going it looked like it was going to be a bore draw. Then in the 91st min Stefan Nilsson (YP13) picked up the ball from a half hearted clearance and crossed it into Joakim Lindqvist (YP26) who was just outside the area. He took one touch before slamming it into the top corner to send me and most of the sellout crowd crazy. We had stayed up with just a few mins to spare. If we hadn't scored we would be in the relegation playoff place on goals scored. :D

[video=youtube;-RShmVdiXFc]

yay haha :D

one of those "gerrard" moments, or more recently iniesta, scoring goals like that when they matter ^^. Love it and well done on survival. How long untill the start of competetive fixtures next season?

Just asking because of those injuries your players recieved.

End of Season Report: IK Tord Swedish Premier Division 2023

League Table, League Graph

Squad

We survived \o/. It was always going to be difficult, that was confirmed when we lost the 1st 2 matches quite heavily. However we improved greatly after that and didn't have too many more big losses even if our performances were less than satisfactory. We got our 1st points at home to Hammarby and since that match we picked up the points reasonably regularly. As we came into the closing stages of the season it seemed like there were a group of 6 soon to be 5 fighting to avoid the drop. Everytime we won a match or got a draw it seemed like everyone else had done the same so we were never more than 3 points away from the releagtion zone during the last 10 or so matches. That was until with 2 games left, due to other results, we were from automatic relegation. However the playoff was still an option, we needed to win and hope results elsewhere went our way. The results elsewhere did go our way and we took advantage of it very late on with a 91st min goal to seal our survival.

We had a few great results along the way, I always thought the 1-0 away win to Djurgarden was the best however the 1-1 home draw against AIK and 4 points we took from our 2 games against Kalmar FF were certainly up there.

Swedish Cup

Close to actually winning a match this year. Lost out in extra time to Vasteras SK, we were so close to winning it though.

Youth Players (At the Club)

Anton Alvefelt (YP1) - Did alright, I know the rating is bad but thats the same for all the players this season, they are a bit decieving.

Tony Thoren (YP5) - Solid, didn't do anything special . . . except score something which my strikers seemed unable to do.

Filip Linder (YP6) - Still 1st choice but it probably won't be for long, did well considering, 9 clean sheets in 26 games isn't bad.

Niklas Andersson (YP7) - Will be on his way out now. Never really overtook Filip Linder (YP6) as 1st choice but now with Daniel Ung (YP36) he has no chance. Made roughly 3 appearances a season in his 14 year stay.

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) - He was our best striker but thats not really saying much and to cap it all off he has damaged cruciate ligaments which will see him out for half of next season.

Stefan Nilsson (YP13) - Our best player again this season. Needs to work on his tackling and aggression, far too many yellow and red cards for my liking.

Anders Svensson (YP16) - Is in a close 2nd behind Stefan Nilsson (YP13) as our player of the season.

Anders Axelsson (YP20) - Was called upon a lot due to red cards and injuries and did very well. In the end his season was ended by a bad injury which saw him out for 4-5 months.

Fredrik Berg (YP21) - Played quite a bit this season but I still don't think he has a future at this club.

Marcus Johansson (YP22) - Despite our striker shortages he is going to leave at the end of the season, his contract runs out and he wants a stupidly high wage if I choose to renew it.

Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) - I guess he did alright except in the penultimate match of this season where he stupidly got sent off, could have been costly.

Jonas Widmark (YP25) - Another player he will be leaving shortly, only 4 sub appearances and was terrible in all of them..

Joakim Lindqvist (YP26) - Last season I said he was terible and on his way out but he ended up saving us. Even so he'll still be going, that last minute goal was not reflective of his season.

Jonas Andersson (YP27) - Was a regular in the team but he needs to up his game to stay there especially with all the youths coming through as midfielders.

Jimmy Froberg (YP28) - Managed to score in 1 of his 5 sub appearances but will also be going

Bojan Ohlsson (YP29) - Still not at the same level as the rest of the defence but he's getting there. He is getting plenty of chances thanks to us only having 6 defenders

Anton Dahlberg (YP30) - Had a very good season, highest rated non defender.

Simon Berisha (YP31) - Potential of 4.5* and is worth 90k but he still isn't performing. If only someone would actually pay that much for him.

Par Eklund (YP32) - Didn't get any chance this season due to new youths coming in. Will probably be leaving in a few seasons time.

Peter Jansson (YP33) - Wasn't too far off Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) this season, I'm hoping that means he is getting better and not that Karlsson (YP8) is getting worse.

Matthias Gustafsson (YP34) - The potential is there, I was hoping a decent cup run would give him a few chances but it didn't work out.

Hakan Larsson (YP35) - Was 2nd to Matthias Gustafsson (YP34) at 1st but he went on to improve tremendously and with 5* potential he really could be a legend. Made 27 appearances already this season.

Daniel Ung (YP36) - Made 3 appearances but conceded 6. Still is nowhere near his potential though.

Jorgen Melki (YP37) - Made a few appearances and did ok, is being retrained as a central defender as per a few people's advice.

Finances - Made a small amunt of profit every month depending on how many home games. Only 11.5k prize money though which is bs

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League----
2010         Second Division EG           10th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A 
2011         Second Division EG            4th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A
2012         Second Division EG            3rd               Prelim Rnd                  N/A                       N/A
2013         Second Division EG            1st                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2014         First Division South          9th                 3rd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2015         First Division South          9th                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2016         First Division South          2nd                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2017         First Division Elite         14th                    QF                     N/A                       N/A
2018         First Division Elite          6th                 4th Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2019         First Division Elite         11th                 2nd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2020         First Division Elite         13th                 2nd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2021         First Division Elite          4th                 2nd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2022         First Division Elite          1st                 2nd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2023         Premier Division             12th                 3rd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A

Great work, I'm glad that you won't just be a yo-yo club (touch wood ). Here's hoping it's more comfortable next year!
Wahey :D congratulations on staying up!

Thanks, I am hoping it will be easier next season as my better youth players improve and hopefully we can get another good youth intake.

yay haha :D

one of those "gerrard" moments, or more recently iniesta, scoring goals like that when they matter ^^. Love it and well done on survival. How long untill the start of competetive fixtures next season?

Just asking because of those injuries your players recieved.

funny you should say that because that goal reminded me of Iniesta's goal against Chelsea in the Champions League semi final 2nd leg a few years back. It was Barcelona's equaliser which meant they went through to the final against Man Utd on away goals. Except of course mine was much more important:rolleyes:

Competetive fixture begin at the start of April so roughly 4 months time

[video=youtube;lO-ZnHpLT6s]

Roll of Honour - Leagues

[center][b][u][size=3]Premier League[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]---------Champions---------Champions League--------------------------------Euro Cup----------------------------------------Relegated------------[/b]
2010/11 | Man Utd | Chelsea   Arsenal    Aston Villa | Liverpool  Tottenham     Sheff Wed (FA)  Man City (EC)  | Fulham     Blackpool  Newcastle
2011/12 | Man Utd | Man City  Arsenal    Liverpool   | Chelsea    Watford (LC)  Birmingham (FA)                | Sunderland West Ham   Wolves
2012/13 | Man Utd | Liverpool Arsenal     Chelsea    | Man City   Aston Villa   Tottenham (FA)                 | Sheff Wed  West Brom  Forest
2013/14 | Chelsea | Man Utd   Tottenham   Arsenal    | Liverpool  Man City      Aston Villa                    | Portsmouth Hull       Barnsley
2014/15 | Chelsea | Man Utd   Tottenham   Liverpool  | Man City   Arsenal       Aston Villa (LC)               | Stoke      Charlton   Plymouth
2015/16 | Man Utd | Chelsea   Tottenham   Arsenal    | Man City   Liverpool     Aston Villa                    | Burnley    Watford    Preston
2016/17 | Man Utd | Chelsea   Arsenal     Aston Villa| Tottenham  Man City      Wigan (FA)      Liverpool (EC) | West Ham   Bristol R  P'boro
2017/18 | Aston V | Chelsea   Arsenal     Man Utd    | Liverpool  Tottenham     Wigan           Man City (EC)  | Barnsley   Leicester  WBA
2018/19 | Arsenal | Chelsea   Aston Villa Tottenham  | Man Utd    Man City      Bolton (FA)                    | Charlton   Sheff Utd  Burnley
2019/20 | Chelsea | Man Utd   Aston Villa Arsenal    | Tottenham  Man City      Leeds (FA)      Birmingham (LC)| Forest     Portsmouth Leicester
2020/21 | Aston V | Chelsea   Man Utd     Liverpool  | Tottenham  Arsenal       Bolton (FA)                    | Leeds      Preston    Watford
2021/22 | Man Utd | Aston V   Liverpool   M'boro     | Tottenham  Man City      Everton (FA)                   | Portsmouth Sheff Wed  Yeovil
2022/23 | Aston V | Chelsea   Man utd     Arsenal    | Tottenham  Liverpool     Man City                       | West Ham   Leicester  Sheff Utd

[center][b][u][size=3]Ligue 1[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]---------Champions--------Champions League---------------------------Euro Cup-------------------------------------Relegated---------------[/b]
2010/11 | Monaco | Lyon      Marseille            | Lille          AS Nancy      Strasbourg (FC)   | Stade Brestois Lens         A-Avignon
2011/12 | Lyon   | PSG       Marseille            | Monaco         Stade Rennais Guingamp (FC)     | Toulouse       Le Mans      Nantes
2012/13 | Lyon   | Monaco    Lille                | Stade Rennais  Bordeaux      Marseille         | Grenoble       Auxerre      Caen
2013/14 | Lyon   | Bordeaux  Monaco               | PSG            Marseille     Stade Rennais     | Ajaccio        Nice         Amiens
2014/15 | Lyon   | Lille     Monaco               | Marseille      Bordeaux      Boulogne          | Montpellier    Valenciennes Le Mans
2015/16 | Lyon   | Monaco    PSG        Bourdeaux | Tours          Marseille     Lille             | Lens           Vannes       Paris
2016/17 | Lyon   | Monaco    Marseille            | PSG            Lille         Valenciennes (FC) | AS Cannes      Tours FC     Strasbourg
2017/18 | Lyon   | PSG       Lille      Monaco    | Bordeaux       Marseille     Guingamp (FC)     | Le Mans        Montpellier  SC Bastia
2018/19 | Lyon   | Lille     Bordeaux             | PSG            Marseille     Monaco            | Angers         Boulogne     Valenciennes 
2019/20 | Lyon   | Monaco    Lille                | PSG            Marseille     AS Canet (FC)     | Stade de Reims Chateauroux  AS Cannes
2020/21 | Lyon   | Lille     PSG                  | Bordeaux       Marseille     Schiltigheim (FC) | Troyes         Strasbourg   Paris FC
2021/22 | Lyon   | PSG       Lille                | Monaco         Bourdeaux     FC Sete 34 (FC)   | RC Lens        FC Gueugnon  Sannis SG
2022/23 | Lyon   | Lille     PSG                  | Monaco         Marseille     ES Paulham (FC)   | Tours          Troyes       Grenoble

[center][b][u][size=3]German 1st Division[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]----------Champions-----------Champions League---------------------------Euro Cup----------------------------------------Relegated-----------------[/b]
2010/11 | Schalke   | Dortmund   Wolfsburg          | FC Bayern  W. Bremen  Leverkusen                  | Kaiserslauten St Pauli     Mainz
2011/12 | FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Stuttgart          | Aachen     Leverkusen Bochum (GC)   1860 Munchen  | Hannover      Freiburg
2012/13 | FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Schalke            | W. Bremen  Dortmund   Karlsruhe     Ahlen (GC)    | Nurnberg      Gladbach     Dusseldorf
2013/14 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen HSV                | Schalke    Wolfsburg  Aachen        Koln (GC)     | Offenbach     1860 Munchen          
2014/15 | Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Dortmund           | W.Bremen   Stuttgart  Schalke                     | Frankfurt     Mainz  
2015/16 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen Schalke            | W.Bremen   Dortmund   Duisburg (GC)               | Bochum        Duisburg
2016/17 | Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Wolfsburg          | Schalke    Hoffenheim HSV           Aachen (GC)   | Dusseldorf    Ahlen
2017/18 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen Wolfsburg          | Schalke    HSV        Dortmund (GC)               | Burghausen    Dresden      Hertha BSC
2018/19 | Leverkusen| Hoffenheim FC Bayern          | Wolfsburg  Dortmund   Aachen        Offenbach (GC)| Karlsruhe     Gladbach
2019/20 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen Dortmund           | Hoffenheim HSV        Wolfsburg     Aachen        | Kaiserslauten St Pauli
2020/21 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen Stuttgart Wolfsburg| HSV        Dortmund   Aachen                      | Offenbach     Cottbus      Jena
2021/22 | Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Hoffenheim         | Wolfsburg  Dortmund   Aachen        Jena (GC)     | Bielefeld     Dresden
2022/23 | Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Schalke            | Hoffenheim Wolfsburg  HSV                         | Koblenz       Duisburg     Wehen

[center][b][u][size=3]Serie A[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]---------Champions----------Champions League----------------------------Euro Cup-------------------------------------Relegated---------------[/b]
2010/11 | Juventus | Sampdoria   Roma       Inter (CL)| AC Milan   Palermo     Napoli      Udinese (IC) | Chievo          Lecce      Brescia
2011/12 | Juventus | AC Milan    Inter      Sampdoria | Palermo    Napoli      Genoa                    | Atalanta        Torino     Novara
2012/13 | Napoli   | AC Milan    Fiorentina Roma      | Juventus   Genoa       Roma (IC)                | Bologna         Bari       Cesena
2013/14 | Juventus | Roma        Palermo    Genoa     | Napoli     Fiorentina  Cagliari (IC)            | Sassuolo        Triestina  Modena
2014/15 | Inter    | Napoli      Roma       AC Milan  | Juventus   Udinese     Genoa (IC)               | Lecce           Brescia    Empoli 
2015/16 | AC Milan | Napoli      Sampdoria  Juventus  | Genoa      Inter       Udinese (IC)             | Cesena          Vicenza    Chievo 
2016/17 | Inter    | AC Milan    Napoli     Udinese   | Roma       Palermo     Genoa (IC)               | Ascoli          Atalanta   Siena
2017/18 | Palermo  | Juventus    AC Milan   Napoli    | Udinese    Inter       Genoa                    | Cremonese       Livorno    Cittadella
2018/19 | Inter    | Fiorentina  Napoli     AC Milan  | Catania    Roma        Juventus                 | Sassuolo        Bologna    Atalanta
2019/20 | AC Milan | Fiorentina  Juventus   Roma      | Napoli     Palermo     Inter                    | Novara          Ascoli     Bari
2020/21 | Inter    | AC Milan    Juventus   Palermo   | Genoa      Sampdoria   Napoli                   | Salernitana     Bologna    Pescara
2021/22 | Juventus | AC Milan    Roma       Parma     | Napoli     Palermo     Sampdoria                | Chievo          Cremonese  Reggina
2022/23 | Juventus | Napoli      AC Milan   Inter     | Palermo    Roma        Fiorentina               | Torino          Grosseto   Verona

[center][b][u][size=3]La Liga[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]----------Champions--------Champions League------------------------------Euro Cup----------------------------------Relegated----------------[/b]
2010/11 | R. Madrid | Barcelona   At. Madrid  Athletic  |   Villareal     Sevilla     Sporting       | Racing        Almeria       Osasuna
2011/12 | Barcelona | R.Madrid    Villareal   At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Valencia    Getafe (SC)    | Tenerife      Numancia      Xerez
2012/13 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   Valencia    At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Mallorca    Osasuna (SC)   | Almeria       Hercules      Levante
2013/14 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   At. Madrid  Malaga    |   Sevilla       Villareal   Valencia       | Girona        Osasuna       Recreativo  
2014/15 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   At. Madrid  Sevilla   |   Malaga        Villareal   Valencia (SC)  | Racing        R. Sociedad   Betis 
2015/16 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   Sevilla     Villareal |   At. Madrid    Valencia    Deportivo      | Recreativo    Murcia        Elche 
2016/17 | Barcelona | Sevilla     At. Madrid  Villareal |   R.Madrid      Athletic    Vallodolid (SC)| Numancia      Cadiz         Oviedo
2017/18 | Barcelona | Sevilla     Getafe      At. Madrid|   Zaragoza      R.Madrid    Valencia       | Hercules      Sant Andreu   Racing
2018/19 | Barcelona | Sevilla     Malaga      Valencia  |   Zaragoza      R.Madrid    Villareal      | Salamanca     Alaves        Albacete
2019/20 | Barcelona | Villareal   R.Madrid    Sevilla   |   At. Madrid    Athletic    Valencia       | Almeria       Elche         Cadiz
2020/21 | Barcelona | R.Madrid    Sevilla     Villareal |   At. Madrid    Athletic    Valencia (SC)  | Mallorca      Celta         Gimnastic
2021/22 | Barcelona | Sevilla     R.Madrid    Athletic  |   Malaga        At. Madrid  Getafe (SC)    | Hercules      Cordoba       Las Palmas
2022/23 | Barcelona | Sevilla     R.Madrid    Villareal |   Athletic      Valencia    At. Madrid     | Valladolid    Oveido        Racing

Some teams got into Europe via winning or getting to the final of a cup, here is a key:

CL - Champions League

EC - Euro Cup

FA - FA Cup

LC - League Cup

FC - French Cup

GC - German Cup

IC - Italian Cup

SC - Spanish Cup

If there is nothing next to a team's name then they got into Europe via their league position

Roll of Honour - Cups

Champions League

2010/11: Inter e4-1 R.Madrid

2011/12: Man Utd 3-1 Barcelona

2012/13: Real Madrid 4-0 AC Milan

2013/14: Man Utd 1-0 Lyon

2014/15: R.Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

2015/16: Lyon p1-1 Chelsea

2016/17: Barcelona 2-1 PSG

2017/18: Leverkusen 0-2 Lyon

2018/19: Aston Villa 0-4 Sevilla

2019/20: Arsenal 3-0 Leverkusen

2020/21: Arsenal 0-2 Leverkusen

2021/22: Man Utd 4-2 Barcelona

2022/23: Porto 2-0 Liverpool

Euro Cup

2010/11: Man City 3-1 Napoli

2011/12: FC Bayern e2-1 Leverkusen

2012/13: Genoa 1-3 Palermo

2013/14: Porto 2-1 Juventus

2014/15: Liverpool p1-1 Marseille

2015/16: Man City 0-2 Arsenal

2016/17: Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd

2017/18: Real Madrid 2-3e Man City

2018/19: Liverpool 1-3 Inter

2019/20: Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham

2020/21: Porto 3-1 Athletic

2021/22: Porto 4-0 Bolton

2022/23: Lyon 3-2 Tottenham

FA Cup

2010/11: Sheff Wed 1-3 Chelsea

2011/12: Man Utd e2-1 Birmingham

2012/13: Tottenham p2-2 Blackburn

2013/14: Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

2014/15: Tottenham 3-2 Man Utd

2015/16: Liverpool 1-3 Man Utd

2016/17: Man Utd 3-1 Wigan

2017/18: Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea

2018/19: Bolton 2-3e Chelsea

2019/20: Arsenal 2-1 Leeds

2020/21: Chelsea 1-1p Bolton

2021/22: Everton 1-4 Man Utd

2022/23: Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea

French Cup

2010/11: Strasbourg 1-0 Lorient

2011/12: Guingamp 2-1 Lyon

2012/13: Marseille 3-1 AS Monaco

2013/14: Marseille 1-3 Lyon

2014/15: Lyon 4-0 Caen

2015/16: Bourdeaux 3-0 Vannes

2016/17: Valenciennes 2-1 Nancy

2017/18: Guingamp 2-1 FC Sochaux

2018/19: Stade Rennais 1-2 AS Monaco

2019/20: AS Canet 2-1 US Saint-Omer

2020/21: Schiltigheim 1-0 AS Plouhinec

2021/22: FC Sete 34 1-0 Entente Perrier Vergeze

2022/23: ES Paulhan 2-1 Nancy

German Cup

2010/11: HSV 1-3 FC Bayern

2011/12: FC Bayern 2-1 Bochum

2012/13: Ahlen 1-3 Schalke

2013/14: HSV 1-1p Koln

2014/15: Schalke 4-1 Leverkusen

2015/16: FC Bayern 4-0 Duisburg

2016/17: Stuttgart 1-1p Schalke

2017/18: Wolfsburg p0-0 Dortmund

2018/19: Leverkusen 1-0 Offenbach

2019/20: FC Bayern 0-3 Hoffenheim

2020/21: Leverkusen 2-0 HSV

2021/22: Jena 1-0 Aachen

2022/23: Leverkusen 1-2 FC Bayern

Italian Cup

2010/11: Napoli 1-2 Udinese

2011/12: Palermo 2-1 Lazio

2012/13: Roma 3-0 Juventus

2013/14: Cagliari 1-2 Juventus

2014/15: Napoli 2-4 Genoa

2015/16: AC Milan 1-2 Udinese

2016/17: Genoa 3-2 Napoli

2017/18: Inter p2-2 Udinese

2018/19: Fiorentina 2-0 Inter

2019/20: Roma 1-2 AC Milan

2020/21: AC Milan 5-2 Juventus

2021/22: Napoli 1-1p Palermo

2022/23: Palermo 2-1 AC Milan

Spanish Cup

2010/11: At.Madrid 1-0 R.Madrid

2011/12: R.Madrid 3-2 Getafe

2012/13: Valencia 1-2 Osasuna

2013/14: R.Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

2014/15: Valencia 0-3 R.Madrid

2015/16: R.Madrid 2-0 Barcelona

2016/17: Valladolid 2-3e Villareal

2017/18: Barcelona 2-1 At Madrid

2018/19: Barcelona 5-0 R.Madrid

2019/20: R.Madrid e4-2 Barcelona

2020/21: Valencia p1-1 Sevilla

2021/22: Deportivo 0-1 Getafe

2022/23: Barcelona 4-1 R.Madrid

European Championship

2012: Portugal 2-0 Holland *England failed to qualify, finishing behind Wales and Switzerland in their group.

2016: Poland 1-0 Serbia wtf??? *England do their standard early knockout stage exit by losing 2-0 to France in the 2nd Round.

2020: France 2-1 Portugal *England reached the Quarter Finals where they were knocked out by Portugal 3-1

World Cup

2014: Germany 0-0p Brazil *England reached the 2nd round before being knocked by Belgium 2-0

2018: Brazil 0-2 Belgium *England came 3rd by beating Serbia 2-0 in the 3rd place playoff. They lost to Brazil 2-0 in the semis.

2022: France 1-0 Spain *England reached the semi finals where they lost to Spain. They then lost to Brazil in the 3rd place playoff

If you want any updates on specific teams don't hesitate to ask

[center][b][u]IK Tord: All Matches[/u][/b][/center]

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
        2010              24               6          8          10         24 (1.00)   27 (1.13)      -3         25%
        2011              22               9          7           6         38 (1.73)   29 (1.32)      +9         41%
        2012              23              10          5           8         32 (1.39)   29 (1.26)      +3         43%
        2013              24              14          7           3         41 (1.71)   24 (1.00)      +17        58%
        2014              30              11          8          11         41 (1.37)   38 (1.27)      +3         37%
        2015              28              10          6          12         43 (1.54)   35 (1.28)      +8         36%
        2016              30              16          8           6         50 (1.67)   27 (0.90)      +23        53%
        2017              37              10         16          11         44 (1.19)   44 (1.19)      +0         27%
        2018              34              17          3          14         37 (1.09)   34 (1.00)      +3         50%
        2019              31              11          6          14         37 (1.19)   48 (1.55)      -11        35%
        2020              34              13          5          16         39 (1.15)   46 (1.35)      -7         38%
        2021              32              14          9           9         45 (1.41)   34 (1.06)      +11        44%
        2022              31              13         10           8         29 (0.94)   21 (0.68)      +8         42%
        2023              31              7           9          15         22 (0.71)   43 (1.39)      -21        23%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Total            411             161        107         143        522 (1.27)  479 (1.17)      +43        39%

[center][b][u]IK Tord: Home Matches[/u][/b][/center]

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
      2010               12               5          5             2       15 (1.25)    10 (0.83)      +5         42%
      2011               11               5          4             2       21 (1.91)    13 (1.18)      +8         45%
      2012               12               7          3             2       22 (1.83)    12 (1.00)      +10        58%
      2013               12               8          3             1       21 (1.75)     8 (0.67)      +13        67%
      2014               15               6          3             6       16 (1.07)    13 (0.87)      +3         40%
      2015               14               7          4             3       24 (1.71)    13 (0.93)      +11        50%
      2016               14              10          4             0       24 (1.71)     5 (0.36)      +19        71%
      2017               19               6          9             4       25 (1.32)    17 (0.89)      +8         32%
      2018               16              10          2             4       20 (1.25)    14 (0.88)      +6         63% 
      2019               15               6          3             6       16 (1.07)    17 (1.13)      -1         40%
      2020               16              10          1             5       23 (1.44)    20 (1.25)      +3         63%
      2021               15              10          4             1       29 (1.93)    10 (0.67)      +19        67%
      2022               15               7          5             3       18 (1.20)    12 (0.80)      +6         47%
      2023               15               5          5             5       13 (0.87)    19 (1.27)      -6         33%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Total             201             102         55            44      287 (1.43)   183 (0.91)      +105       51%

[center][b][u]IK Tord: Away Matches[/u][/b][/center]

2010               12               1          3             8        9 (0.75)    17 (1.42)      -8          8%
      2011               11               4          3             4       17 (1.55)    16 (1.45)      +1         36%
      2012               11               3          2             6       10 (0.91)    17 (1.55)      -7         27%
      2013               12               6          4             2       20 (1.67)    16 (1.33)      +4         50%
      2014               15               5          5             5       25 (1.67)    25 (1.67)      +0         33%
      2015               14               3          2             9       19 (1.36)    22 (1.57)      -3         21%
      2016               16               6          4             6       26 (1.63)    22 (1.38)      +4         38%
      2017               18               4          7             7       19 (1.40)    27 (1.32)      -8         22%
      2018               18               7          1            10       17 (0.94)    20 (1.11)      -3         39%
      2019               16               5          3             8       21 (1.31)    31 (1.94)      -10        31%
      2020               18               3          4            11       16 (0.89)    26 (1.44)      -10        17%
      2021               17               4          5             8       16 (0.94)    24 (1.41)      -11        24%
      2022               16               6          5             5       11 (0.69)     9 (0.56)      +2         38%
      2023               16               2          4            10        9 (0.56)    24 (1.67)      -15        13%
      Total             210              59         52            99      235 (1.12)   296 (1.41)      -64        28%

200+ appearances

------------Name-----------------------Appearances-----------Goals---------------Assists-----------Average Rating--------
---------------------------------------------------------GK: Goals Conc-----GK: Clean Sheets-----------------------------

Tony Thoren      (YP5)  (DC)      303 (337)          11 (11)                2 (4)                6.94
       (2010-Present)

Filip Linder     (YP6)  (GK)      298 (317)         352 (374)              89 (94)               6.75
       (2011-Present)

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8)  (ST)      289 (311)         110 (117)              46 (50)               6.86
       (2011-Present)

Johan Bystrom    (YP2)  (ST)      261 (280)          91 (101)              36 (38)               6.87
       (2010-2021)

Stefan Nilsson   (YP13) (DR, DC)  260 (277)           3 (4)                14 (14)               6.88
       (2012-Present)

Anton Alvefelt   (YP1)  (DL, DR)  244 (260)           1 (1)                 9 (11)               6.75
       (2010-Present)

Anders Svensson  (YP16) (DC)      205 (220)          21 (23)                9 (9)                7.01
       (2013-Present)

Key: league (all competitions)

That last game really reminded me of the relegation playoffs in 2009 where Djurgården where 2 down to Assyriska after the first game, equalized just before full time and then went on to win in overtime. My best football memory at least, great job staying up!

funny you should say that because that goal reminded me of Iniesta's goal against Chelsea in the Champions League semi final 2nd leg a few years back. It was Barcelona's equaliser which meant they went through to the final against Man Utd on away goals. Except of course mine was much more important:rolleyes:

Competetive fixture begin at the start of April so roughly 4 months time

I bet you went as mental as these commentaters!!! lmfao crazy

Been a while since my last reading of this thread. But I am delighted to see that you got promoted to allsvenskan and now managed to stay up. Great effort!

Hope the next season will consolidate you in the top tier, and hopefully a lot of talented youth will be poured out of the academy and into your team.

I find the way you write about the games and the seasons very entertaining as well. Looking forward to the next update, and maybe there is european football lurking in a not so distant future.

KUTGW!!

That last game really reminded me of the relegation playoffs in 2009 where Djurgården where 2 down to Assyriska after the first game, equalized just before full time and then went on to win in overtime. My best football memory at least, great job staying up!

That sounds like it was a great match to watch

I bet you went as mental as these commentaters!!! lmfao crazy

Yep you bet I did :D

Been a while since my last reading of this thread. But I am delighted to see that you got promoted to allsvenskan and now managed to stay up. Great effort!

Hope the next season will consolidate you in the top tier, and hopefully a lot of talented youth will be poured out of the academy and into your team.

I find the way you write about the games and the seasons very entertaining as well. Looking forward to the next update, and maybe there is european football lurking in a not so distant future.

KUTGW!!

What a brilliant read this has been and big congrats on surviving your first season in top flight :thup:

Cheers guys

Awesome. Now the beauty is that you can begin to consolidate staying up, with the better and better youth players. :)
I can't wait to see your new youth players, hope that they'll have the potential to be a stars :)

Just doing the youth intake update now

Preseason

Media Prediction: 16th

Title Odds: 2000-1

Expectations: Attempt to Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget: £12,706 (£16,176)

Wage Bill: £4,399 (£3,980)

Ticket price: £23.10 (£22.60)

Season Ticket Holders: 878 (868)

Season Ticket Price: £258.00 (£250.00)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

Another great intake but 1st i'll talk about the outgoing players:

A total of 7 players left the club at the end of the season:

Niklas Andersson (YP7) - Made 41 lague appearances for us over 14 seasons. He left on a free due to Daniel Ung (YP36) coming in last year and another new one this year.

Marcus Johansson (YP22) - The other player to go on a free. Made 20 league appearances scoring twice over 6 years. Not a great record for a striker, a few replacements came in this years intake.

Fredrik Berg (YP21) - Made 63 league appearances with a solitary goal for us. Has joined 4th tier side, Jonsered.

Joakim Lindqvist (YP26) - The 2nd player to be bought by Jonsered. He showed signs he was improving but with much better players coming through the youth system it was time to let him go. 49 league appearances with 2 goals.

Jonas Widmark (YP25) - Completes the reunion of Tord players at Jonsered. Had one great season for us but kind of tailed off afterwards. 54 appearances, 6 goals and 12 assists.

Jimmy Froberg (YP28) - Moved to 4th tier side, Ahlafors. 36 appearances and 2 goals for Tord.

Par Eklund (YP32) - Never really had a look in at the 1st team during his 3 year stay at Tord, only making 2 appearances. Will join Jimmy Froberg (YP28) at Ahlafors for a fee of £5k.

Youth intake:

Niklas Svensson (YP38) (GK) - Report

Niclas Carlsson (YP39) (DM, MC) - Report

Viktor Johansson (YP40) (ST) - Report

Erik Karlsson (YP41) (ST) - Report

Jon Tornros (YP42) (DC) - Report

Friendlies

Nchanga Rangers 1-0 Tord

Tord 0-2 Honefoss

Tord 0-6 Randers FC

Tord 0-4 OB

Melgar 2-0 Tord

Tord 0-4 Stabaek

Santa Fe 3-0 Tord

Wow, so Fredrik Karlsson, a youth product from the bottom league has turned out to be a good First Division Elite player?! Just going off the screenshots saying 3.5* potential isn't quite as good as him - amazing! Did you realize at the time he was such a good player?

Are they.. strikers?!?

Looks like good intakes :p

Yeah, Keeper looks like a keeper.
Superb batch of youth graduates through, looks like the Academy has made a difference!

Yer I was really happy with the intake this year. I think it was a combination of staying in the top flight and the Youth Academy. I think I may have to improve the training facilities soon as the last few intakes seem to be slow in reaching their potential.

Wow, so Fredrik Karlsson, a youth product from the bottom league has turned out to be a good First Division Elite player?! Just going off the screenshots saying 3.5* potential isn't quite as good as him - amazing! Did you realize at the time he was such a good player?

I think this is partly down to there not being a huge difference in quality in the leagues but also he is probably playing above himself as are most of the team. For example every time I sell a player only 4th tier clubs put in bids.

Here is Fredrik Karlsson (YP8)'s league history. It seems like he has performed decent but not spectacular at every level so when I 1st got him I didn't realise he was good enough for the top flight. I knew he was a very good player as he was always the highest rated in the team at 5*. Now with the new youths coming in he has slipped to 4.5* which makes me very hopeful about these youth players in a few years.

I would say he is a good First Division Elite player, I am not sure he can cut it at Premier League level but we shall see.

March 2024

League: GAIS 3-2 Tord

2 important matches to start the season off. The 1st one did not go to plan, we took the lead twice in this match but were pegged back both times. Jonas Andersson (YP27) and Peter Jansson (YP33) getting the 2 goals. But the pain didn't end there we got a man sent off in the 89th min and GAIS capitalised on this by grabbing the winner in the 91st min.

League: Tord 1-0 Hammarby Fotboll

A better performance but we had to rely on an 82nd min penalty from Anton Dahlberg (YP30) to grab the points. We should have had the match done and dusted by that time.

League: AIK 2-0 Tord

Didn't really think we would get anything from this match. To even have a chance we needed to be at least level by half time. This was not the case as AIK had got off to a flyer and scored 2 early goals. I was pleased we didn't completely collapse in the 2nd half but that's little consolation

LeagueTableMarch.png

Who from Sweden are in the European leagues and how are they doing?

I'm pegging you for 9th this season. I think it's doable for your lads. :)

[left][b]             [u]Champions league[/u][/b][/left]

Year        Team                    Round
--------------------------------------------------------

2010/11      AIK              Champions 2nd Qual

2011/12      IFK Goteborg     Champions 3rd Qual

2012/13      Helsingborg      Champions Playoff

2013/14      IFK Goteborg     Champions 3rd Qual

2014/15      Gefle            Champions 3rd Qual

2015/16      Hammarby Fotboll Champions 3rd Qual

2016/17      AIK              Champions Playoff

2017/18      AIK              Champions 2nd Qual

2018/19      IFK Goteborg     Champions 3rd Qual

2019/20      Helsingborg      Champions 3rd Qual

2020/21      AIK              Champions 3rd Qual

2021/22      IFK Goteborg     Champions 3rd Qual

2022/23      Gefle            Champions 2nd Qual

2023/24      IFK Goteborg     Champions 2nd Qual

[b]                [u]Euro Cup[/u][/b]
     Year        Team                    Round
--------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11      IFK Goteborg          3rd Qual
                 Elfsborg              3rd Qual
                 Gefle                 2nd Qual

2011/12      Gefle                 3rd Qual
                 Malmo FF              3rd Qual
                 Mjallby               3rd Qual

2012/13      Gefle                 3rd Qual
                 Malmo FF              3rd Qual
                 AIK                   3rd Qual

2013/14      Mjallby               Group Stage - 4th
                 Helsingborg           3rd Qual
                 Djurgarden            3rd Qual
                 Orebro                3rd Qual

2014/15      Kalmar FF             3rd Qual
                 Elfsborg              3rd Qual

2015/16      Malmo FF              4th Qual
                 GIF Sundsvall         2nd Qual

2016/17      GIF Sundsvall         3rd Qual
                 Orebro                2nd Qual
                 Kalmar FF             2nd Qual

2017/18      Vasby                 3rd Qual
                 Elfsborg              2nd Qual
                 Kalmar FF             4th Qual

2018/19      Orebro                3rd Qual
                 Halmstad              3rd Qual

2019/20      Halmstad              3rd Qual
                 AIK                   4th Qual
                 Hammarby Fotboll      2nd Qual

2020/21      Umea FC               3rd Qual
                 Helsingborg           2nd Qual
                 Hammarby Fotboll      3rd Qual

2021/22      Kalmar FF             3rd Qual
                 Mjallby               2nd Qual

2022/23      IK Sirius             3rd Qual
                 IFK Goteborg          2nd Qual
                 AIK                   1st KO Rnd

2023/24      IK Sirius             3rd Qual
                 AIK                   4th Qual

Most notable are Mjallby's venture into the group stage. They beat the likes of First Vienna FC 1894 and Hapoel Tel Aviv to get there. They were then thrashed losing all 6 of their matches in a group containing Panathinaikos, FC RB Salzburg and Genoa.

This was topped by AIK's run from 1st qualifying round to the 1st knockout round in 2022/23. They beat Ballymena Utd, Buducnost, Rijeka and Belenenses in the qualifying rounds. They were handed Dortmund, Rostov and Bourdeaux in the groups. Things started as expected with a 4-0 loss to Dortmund but they turned it around with a 2-1 win against Rostov then a shock 1-0 win against Bourdeaux. They drew their remaining 3 matches to earn themselves 2nd place in the group. Their reward for qualifying? Trabzonspor (as well as a severley shortened holiday :(). They didn't go down without a fight but Trabzonspor were too good for them a 1-1 home draw was followed by a 2-0 away defeat.

Archived