FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-season: 2012 Torpedo Moscow I'd set out my objectives for the coming season. Looking back over the previous Try's at this i decided it was time to try something different the way I set about the tactics and trying to get right formation decide on a 4-5-1 witch for some reason worked quite well. we went to our Second Team beat them 3-0 with goals from Alexandr Suchkov, Andrey Konovalov,Beslan Adjindjal. http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EuropeanAdventureChallene/?action=view&current=TorpedoMoscowvTorpedoMoscowReservesInformation_Overview.png

yes i know it is only my second team but a win is win right.. next game we went to Rusichi and got a bore draw 0-0 i i playd a 4-4-2 formation just to see how they were with that formation.. was ok could done better http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EuropeanAdventureChallene/RusichivTorpedoMoscowInformation_Overview.png

we then went to Shinnik and got HAMMERD 4-0 wich i told the team was shocking .. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EuropeanAdventureChallene/TorpedoMoscowvShinnikInformation_Overview.png

we then went to play Volga NN we got beat 3-1 with Andrey Konovalov the only scorer for us. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EuropeanAdventureChallene/TorpedoMoscowvVolgaNNInformation_Overview.png

So our final game before the league starts we went to Avangard Kursk got beat 2-0 :@( http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EuropeanAdventureChallene/AvangardKurskvTorpedoMoscowInformation_Overview.png

so to overall the team need to improvement in key areas witch i have to address. we just got out promotion odds 500-1 to win the league

Diyarbakir Buyuksehir Belediyespor Appoint New Manager

th_NewManager.png

Absolute unknown Turkish Australian manager, Grim Arioglu, has been appointed manager by the newly promoted side. He has advised the club of his expectations to Avoid Relegation and has been given a budget of £16.25k pw for wages and £16k for transfers.

hi thought was time to update I have only played seven games so far and this is how the league looks dose not look good so far i know its early but we are struggling just played kamAz got beat 9-0 my worst loss on this game @(KamAZvTorpedoMoscowInformation_Overview.png[/img] this is the current league table like i say i know its early but thought i would show you lot how im doing 7games in no wins 1 draw and 6 losses as you can see PervyydivizionInformation_LeagueTable.png[/img]

UD_P%C3%A1jara_Playas_de_Jand%C3%ADa_escudo.png

End of Season Update - U.D. Pajara Playas de Jandia - 24/25

"The continued adventure of the challenge's sunshine team."

Another short one, though, with a bit more detail (hopefully) - hopefully a more in-depth one will follow for next season, which I've almost finished!

Transfers

Finances

League | Graph

A much improved season, got back into the European places, which was nice, especially with the pay day that comes from that. Potential to strike upwards, interestingly Real Madrid have not been in the Champion's League for about 5 years.

Europe - Our in the Second Round, good experience, will hopefully bode well for next year.

Spanish Cup - Still, no nice draws to get through to the latter stages.

Squad

Stars

Erkan Akyuz - rapidly turning into one of the best midfielders in the world.

Badji Sacko - we are simply a much better team with this guy on the pitch.

Tarik El Amrani - superb attacking full-back.

Anthony Babin - rock in the heart of the defence.

Didier Song - played well enough to mean we did not miss Jesus Galan after he left.

Michel van den Berg - Creative force in midfield.

German Zubarev - Solved the problems I've had in goal. Properly world-class keeper

Prospects

Carlos Alberto - astonishingly good player for £60K

Casper Schaap - progressing well, definitely in a position to put pressure on the first team next season.

Redouane Yilmaz - same as above, he is progressing well, and he has a good eye for a goal - handy for a striker.

Season		League				Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12		Second Division B4		13th				Avoided Relegation
2012/13		Second Division B4		4th				Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14		LIGA adelante			17th				Survival
2014/15		LIGA adelante			13th				Consolidated
2015/16		LIGA adelante			8th				Narrowly missed playoffs
2016/17		LIGA adelante			10th				Backwards step
2017/18		LIGA adelante			6th				Promoted via Playoffs!
2018/19		LIGA BBVA			16th				Survival
2019/20		LIGA BBVA			7th				Qualified for EC!
2020/21		LIGA BBVA			6th				Slight improvement
2021/22		LIGA BBVA			4th				Qualifed for ECC!!
2022/23		LIGA BBVA			8th				
2023/24		LIGA BBVA			6th				Qualified for EC
2024/25		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Qualified for ECC

hi thought was time to update I have only played seven games so far and this is how the league looks dose not look good so far i know its early but we are struggling just played kamAz got beat 9-0 my worst loss on this game @(http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EuropeanAdventureChallene/KamAZvTorpedoMoscowInformation_Overview.png this is the current league table like i say i know its early but thought i would show you lot how im doing 7games in no wins 1 draw and 6 losses as you can see http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/EuropeanAdventureChallene/PervyydivizionInformation_LeagueTable.png

Hey DJ, not looking so good after 7 games, hopefully you can work on that, can I ask please that you use links rather than Pictures as if you continue using them it makes the page take ages to load, which is a concern for anyone with a slower internet connection. Thanks.

End of Season Update - 2016/2017 - Racing Club de Ferrol

racing-ferrol.gif

League:

Media Prediction - 5th

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

We retained the league, but my word, was it close! To end on the same points as the 2nd placed club but win in via the Head to Head rule was really fabulous, fantastic end to the season, as Real Madrid and us matched results week after week. Comiserations to Sevilla who were actually 1st after 32 games, but had to play against us and Madrid and ended up losing both. Very pleased with my defensive record in the league too.

Oh, and Barcelona :D

Spanish Cup - 2nd time we've won the Spanish cup.

Spanish Super Cup

First Leg

Second Leg

Roasted Athletic in the first leg, and fielded the youngsters in the return leg.

Champions Cup

Group Stages - Inter were a bit too strong, but happy with 2nd

Knockout Stages

We beat Juventus 7-4 on aggregate (1-3 in Italy and 4-3 in Spain) in a tie which was easier than I thought it would be. We were drawn against Atletico Madrid, one of our rivals in the league. We started terribly letting Atletico score 3 in the first half. Fought back in the second half but still wasn't enough to win, as it ended 3-2. In the home leg, Mohsen gave us the lead, but Aguero scored in the 66th minute to draw level on the day, and put Atletico ahead on aggregate. And that's how it stayed till the end.

Transfers - Net spend positive!

The Players

The Defense :

Cristian Alvarez - the only goalkeeper of worth in the squad, a position I'll be looking to invest in over the summer

Sayed Mohsen

Gonzalo Galeano

Pepe

Juan

Marc Bouchard

Julio

Brayan Angulo *

The Midfield :

David Jerez <3

Hossam Ghader

Marcelo

Lorik Cana

Pedro Leon - not bad for 2nd choice right winger eh? ;)

Ignacio Camacho

Stephan Jonker

Steven Defour

Moises

Kaka

Victor Vazquez

The Attack :

Arinze Odita <3

Kai Burmeister - probably the best 2nd choice striker in the world

Xisco *

The Future :

Denis

Walter Nobili

(Players marked with a * will be leaving/sold at the end of this season)

Awards:

Manager of the Year

Cristian Alvarez - Goalkeeper of the Year

3 players in Team of the Year and 1 among the substitutes

Previous Season Aims:

• Qualify for Champions League again - Check
  • Qualify out of the Group stages in the CL - Check
  • Make a profit on transfers - Check

Next Season Aims:

• Maintain a top 2 place in the league
  • Last 8 of the Champions League
  • Improve the club's value

Season  |  Club        |   League  		      |  Position  |  Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 | Ferrol S.A.D | Spanish Second Division B1 |    2nd     | Promoted via Playoffs!
2012/2013 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga Adelante	      |	   2nd     | Promoted!
2013/2014 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA                  |    11th    | Survived!
2014/2015 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    10th    | Spanish Cup Winners! Qualified for Europe!
2015/2016 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    1st     | League Champions!
2016/2017 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    1st     | League Champions! Spanish Cup winners!

congratulations on retaining the title el sid. that's an imressive team you have. it's a quality midfield and Odita is developing into a real star. he could end up being one of the best strikers in the world. you deserve to reach latter stages of Cl and i reckon you will next season.

Hey DJ, not looking so good after 7 games, hopefully you can work on that, can I ask please that you use links rather than Pictures as if you continue using them it makes the page take ages to load, which is a concern for anyone with a slower internet connection. Thanks.

sorry i did not know wich was the best link to use to post the screenshots

No Problem, just thought I should point it out :)

NO Problem how do i use the tags because i normal just use the direct link i.e like when you just want say the league table to show on your screen instead of the link like the above with the players names and league graph e.tc. instead of the direct link any one help ?

congratulations on retaining the title el sid. that's an imressive team you have. it's a quality midfield and Odita is developing into a real star. he could end up being one of the best strikers in the world. you deserve to reach latter stages of Cl and i reckon you will next season.

Thanks! :thup: I reckon my goalkeeper, and DM spots are the weakest in the squad, so will be looking to improve in those areas, so hopefully we do better in the Champions League. And Odita :cool: Bought for just £3.1 million too \o/

Great season el sid, definitely making good progress and you have some fantastic quality among your players there.

Thanks mate :thup:

The way to tag a URL so that it comes up with different text as the link is:

[*URL=http://www.YourURLhere.com]Your Text Here[*/URL]

Obviously, you need to remove the asterisks from it, but otherwise it's as simple as that.

whats

the asterisks

Looks like you're doubling up on your http's DJ. Easy enough to fix (just delete the second "http//" in your links), but at the moment your links aren't pointing to your actual pics.

I've just finished my latest season at Oliveira Bairro, so I'll try and get the update written up tonight.

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portuguese Liga Orangina

Season 2016/17 - Season Summary

Start of 2016/17 situation:

Club Value: £400k - £4.5m loan debt

Media Prediction: 15th

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £5.40/£30

Squad Average Age: 25

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £8,039/£8,583

Bank Balance: -£99,470

Transfer Budget: £0

The Players

After a few seasons of struggling I was really starting to feel frustrated. It's not that we didn't have good players, it was just not translating on the pitch. I didn't feel like we needed to bring too many people in, so I mainly looked to get some loans going to caver as back-ups.

[[Transfers]]

I already knew Fernandes was going to fit right in, having had 2 successful loan spells with us in the past, but Aguerre was a slight gamble. The Porto born player had been capped for France at U21 level, but was also eligible for Portugal. When I came across his stats and saw that Porto were letting his contract expire I felt I had to take a gamble on him. The influx of options up front made me reconsider my tactical approach, so I switched from my one-man-up-top strategy to a much narrower but far more front loaded tactic, playing 3 up front and forgoing the wings altogether. I still feel very vulnerable with only one GK worth anything in the squad, especially as he's reached 35 now, but decent back-ups have seemed tough to come by.

Squad stats

Key Players

• Dani - Didn't actually play as many games as I would have liked this season, and spent a little bit of time playing fill-in up front, but whenever he was on the pitch I always felt confident that we could create chances.
  • António Fernandes - Finally got this lad full-time, and he really cemented himself as a quality player for the club. 18 goals and 16 assists would make him a god compared to previous seasons of strikers, but ultimately his role was that of a support striker, creating the space for Aguerre
  • Lionel Aguerre - As I said above, taking this guy on was a bit of a gamble, but no reward ever comes without a risk. In this case, the return I got was phenomenal, with a stunning 36 goals in 45 appearances, notching up 14 assists in the process. His good physical stats along with his superb finishing and young age make me think there is no reason this lad couldn't potentially go on to earn full caps for France.

Prospects

One player through the youth ranks this year that looks like he could be worth putting some time into.

[*]Pedro Neves - Coach report - His stats certainly suggest to me a big target man to aim for the head of. Seems to have somewhat decent starting stats, and I could see him establishing himself as a capable Liga Orangina player in a few years time

The Staff

Out went a scout, a fitness coach and a (crap) physio on expired contracts, and in came 3 more scouts and another fitness coach. By the end of the season I managed to convince the board to allow me to scout the whole world, so I'll be looking to max out on scouts in the near future.

The Club

The start of the season saw us move into the 8,165 capacity Oliveira Bairro Stadium (inventive naming there!). The most significant thing about this is that the capacity of the new ground is more than double the population of the town of Oliveira do Bairro. Not only that, but we managed to sell it out twice during the year. Not bad :thup:. We also had another board transition towards the end of the year, and in typical fashion it meant that nothing really changed as a result.

Preseason

Apart from earning some money and gaining match-fitness, I am not sure what reporting my preseason actually achieves any more. Expect this section to get dropped from future updates unless people really desperately want to see it.

Taça de Portugal (The Cup)

[[Fixtures]]

After going out early last year, I was hoping to do slightly better this time out. In truth we got a pretty easy run, with only the 5th round pairing us against higher league opposition. You might notice I've deliberately cut off the end of the fixtures, and that's because I feel that semi-finals and finals are important enough that I want to break them out into their own section. See below for that :p

Bwin Cup

[[Fixtures]] [[Round 1 Table]] [[Round 3 Table]]

We again dominated the round one group, coming through on top with 3 wins from 3. Then we thoroughly outplayed our Liga ZON Sagres opponents in the 2nd round to win 6-2 on aggregate. Unfortunately, the other teams were just far to strong for us in the third round, and we finished bottom of what we always knew was going to be a tough group.

The League

The first half of the season had me really pleased with our progress, as we spent it hovering fairly comfortably around the mid-table positions. The table was really close, and in fact in mid-February I realised that pretty much every team in the league was still in with a good shout at promotion if they got some good results. It was about this time that we really started firing on all cylinders, seeing us go on an 10-game winning streak that put us atop the table with only 4 games to play. We then had a little wobble, dropping 5 points in our next 2 games, but luckily for us nobody else was able to take advantage, and we actually secured the league title with one game to go.

[[Fixtures 1]] [[Fixtures 2]]

[[Table]] [[Graph]]

For winning the league, we were handed a very welcome £500k prize packet.

Taça de Portugal Semi-Final

If you're still reading, here's the payoff. We were drawn against Sporting CP, with the first leg being away from home. This was probably the biggest match in the club's history (at least so far), and so naturally I expected the players to be a little nervy. We gave a great account of ourselves, but ulitimately Sporting's class shone through and they took the leg 2-0.

The return leg saw us sell out our new stadium for the first time in the season, and it was a fantastic feeling to know I had the local populace so enthused about football. Honestly, I didn't care what the result was at the end of it, I was just really pleased to be part of it. Clichéd nonsense, I know.

Sporting had much more of the game, but that can probably be put down to the fact we played more than half the match with only 10 men. While we still lost on aggregate, I am delighted to say we managed to beat them at our place 2-1

Awards

The Portugese like awards, so bear with me on this:

António Fernandes won Young Player of the Year

Luis Solignac came 3rd for Bwin Cup Goal of the Season

Lionel Aguerre won Liga Orangina Top Scorer

Lionel Aguerre won Liga Orangina Most Man of the Match

António Fernandes came 3rd for Liga Orangina Goal of the Season

Lionel Aguerre came 3rd for Liga Orangina Quickest Goal of the Season

Lionel Aguerre got Taça de Portugal Top Goalscorer

Lionel Aguerre and Rocha named in the Liga Orangina Team of the Year

I won Manager of the Year

The club won Most Improved Team of the Year

(I think that's all of them)

2016/17 Goals

• Avoid relegation (!) - You could say I breezed this one
  • Make a profit - Hard not to make a profit with £500k prize money

New Records

Club:

Highest League Postition: 1st in Liga Orangina

Highest Attendance: 8,165 v Sporting CP in TdP Semi-Final

Highest Gate reciepts: £50k v Sporting CP in TdP Semi-Final

Average Attendance: 4419 (also more than the population of the town!)

Most games won in a Row: 11

Most Games without Losing: 11

Player:

Top Goalscorer: Lionel Aguerre - 36

Top League Goalscorer: Lionel Aguerre - 26

Highest Average rating: Lionel Aguerre - 7.53

Most Man of the Match: Lionel Aguerre - 11

Elsewhere

Confederations Cup: Brazil

African Nations: Ghana

Club World Championship: Man City

European Champions Cup: Man City

EURO Cup: Man Utd

Portugese Liga ZON Sgres: Benfica

Taça de Portugal: Porto

BWin Cup: Sporting CP

Other

This Year's Best XI

Newly inducted into the all-time XI - Lionel Aguerre, Rui Lopes, João Rodrigues

Fans player of the season: Lionel Aguerre

As I'm now in the top flight, I'll be tracking the European coefficient and league reputration from here on out:

League Rep: 8th (English FA Cup above us, Turkish Premier below)

Nation Coefficient: 9th (Holland above us, Ukraine below)

Start of 2017/18 situation:

Club Value: £1.5m - £4.9m loan debt (+£1.1m)

Media Prediction: 16th (No previous)

Board Expectation: Fight Against Relegation

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £10.10/£56 (+£4.70)/(+£26)

Squad Average Age: 25 (No change)

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £10,561/£19,572 (+£2,522)/(+£10,989)

Bank Balance: £462,711 (+£562,181)

Transfer Budget: £28,898 (+£28,898)

2016/17 Goals

• Avoid relegation
  • Get the board to improve facilities
  • Bring in a back-up GK who is at least capable

Keyser Söze - Oliveira do Bairro Sporte Clube - History

League			Position	Europe		Taça de Portugal	Bwin Cup	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Division - North	2nd		N/A		2nd Round		N/A
2nd Division - North	1st		N/A		4th Round		N/A		Promoted!!
Liga Orangina		9th		N/A		4th Round		2nd Round	
Liga Orangina		11th		N/A		6th Round		1st Round
Liga Orangina		13th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round
Liga Orangina		1st		N/A		Semi-Final		3rd Round	Promoted!!

David Clark becomes new manager of Wuppertaler SV Borussia current team Club information

So i went to my assistant to pin point my best players and these are the guys he picked out for me

Albert Baning

Michael Holt

Jerome Assauer

transfers players in

Boy Deul

Dino Toppmller

Ante Jazic

so done pre season this how it looks

So Onto Season Will Post When My Save Is in December

Diyarbakir Buyuksehir Belediyespor Appoint New Manager

th_NewManager.png

Absolute unknown Turkish Australian manager, Grim Arioglu, has been appointed manager by the newly promoted side. He has advised the club of his expectations to Avoid Relegation and has been given a budget of £16.25k pw for wages and £16k for transfers.

Any objections to posting thumbnails or are only links preferred?

This is just a general observation... but my oh my, it is really easy to sign 40 players without realising it. I have strengthened my first team squad immensely and piled up a bundle of 4-5* recommended youth prospects. My biggest challenge has been offloading some of the absolutely dire players already in the squad and having acceptable staff signings.

Will do a proper update when I am home from work tonight.

back to square one, gutted. just started getting into this game, and its happened again. not one of my save files is loading, not sure where to do now...

rlips may have inspired me to try a scottish game, part of me wants to start again with Angri, and something else inside me wants me to try turkey again after the taster i got in FM10 :confused:

still torn, anyone got any recommendations...gutted about Angri, seemed to be turning a corner, kind of put me off starting another save. might try russia, never played there before

still torn, anyone got any recommendations...gutted about Angri, seemed to be turning a corner, kind of put me off starting another save. might try russia, never played there before

Should only be a few weeks until the new patch, so it might be worth holding out until then.

G-Wiz - Russia seems to be a bit of a challenge. been mixed results there. enjoying Scotland for me. an option? Germany is good too. Turkey and Portugal need a few more players.....

Grimario - as boring as it is, links only please. as LLR said, can slow the loading of a thread.

As for me, season complete. will try and get update up tomorrow... competitive season it was!

G-Wiz - I am really enjoying Russia, though only allowed 3 foreign players on the pitch at a time makes for some issues, though I am still sitting 7th or so in the 20 team league, have avoided relegation and now looking to improve my team ready for the new season. Another issue I have found is that there is no Bosman ruling in Russia, so even if a contract is expiring in 6 months you can sign the players, but you have to play compensation for everyone (Decided on reputation + age etc). Makes a lot of fun trying to find the right people though. I have tried to make sure my entire sub bench is Russians cause otherwise I will end up short when trying to sub players on :)

Cheers, when I do my update I will stick to links only, apart from the club crest :D

Sounds good, I think the addition of kits/crests to the top of posts has added a bit to these threads, in the past I have also included pictures of a map of places where I play and my table of the top scorers etc for my team, but those pictures are a lot smaller in load time than the thumbnails or screenshots.

G-Wiz - Russia seems to be a bit of a challenge. been mixed results there. enjoying Scotland for me. an option? Germany is good too. Turkey and Portugal need a few more players.....

With regards to Portugal, I'm enjoying the football there a lot, as it seems extremely finely balanced until you get up to the big 3, with most teams capable of getting results on their day. The bottom tier is a b*tch to get out of though.

With regards to Portugal, I'm enjoying the football there a lot, as it seems extremely finely balanced until you get up to the big 3, with most teams capable of getting results on their day. The bottom tier is a b*tch to get out of though.

Portugal is just awesome, I enjoyed my time there with AD Fafe and then with Evora last year, I agree the bottom division can be a pain to get out of, but sometimes it can be a fluke, and also the next division up is of a similar level to the top end of the 2nd Division I found. And once you get through there it is a challenge to catch the top 3, great fun...

not going to get the season review up before Sunday / Monday now but as a teaser....

East Stirlingshire will be playing in the Second Division next season.... :)

Congrats on the promotion Rlips, I am hoping to finish my season as Torpedo over the weekend and post my season update as well, so should be a good one.

@ Ohanzee and el sid: Please explain me how do you get so great results in the finances!!

First of all, I really don't see how £3M in the bank when I'm 5th in the Serie A (one of the worlds biggest leagues) is "great", but what ever rocks your boat I guess.

Second, I have a section in all my season reports called "The Finances". If you actually read this, you'd see why I'm still in green and not red atm. For instance (which I already said in my report) I earned £9M more in TV-money last season compared to the one before. (I honestly wonder if it's worth making reports this detailed. Get the feeling most people just click screen shots and ignore the rest. )

And third, what el sid said, once you're in Europe it's easier. But I also think simply reaching the top division is huge when playing in these "Big Euro Nations".

As for my save, I haven't had time to touch it since my last season report. :( Hoping to get started on the summer transfer window tomorrow maybe.

And, keep up the good work everyone. Some good progress. :thup:

I honestly wonder if it's worth making reports this detailed. Get the feeling most people just click screen shots and ignore the rest.

Pretty sure the only people that read long reports are also the same people who write long reports. I know I read all the way through the reports.

Archived