FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

SnakeXe - Very consistent in the league now. Hope you can take the step up and get that domestic title next season. Amazing run in the ECC! Really well done. One better next season?

The positions are consistent, but we've picked up fewer points in each of the last 2 seasons - needs turning around!

As for the ECC, I feel like we can get a result against most teams now, which is a nice position to be in :) just need to put together enough results in a row now.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SSV Reutlingen 05 - Season 2011/2012 - German Third Division

Decent season overall, was hoping to maybe secure a top half finish, but it wasn't to be.

League Table

Position Graph

We had a really bad start to the season and turned it round well. We could hardly string a win together but we recovered well.

Squad

Here are the Standout Performers:

Top Scorer: Sami El-Nounou, 16

Most Assists: Mauro Macchia, 12

Best AVR: Mauro Macchia, 7.03

Other Players of Note:

Stratos Tzakis

Abdou Sall

Emre Yesil - The 15 year-old I showed you before. I give him quite a few runouts and he actually looked pretty decent.

Around The World

Champions League - Atletico Madrid

Europa League - Inter Milan

World Player of The Year - 1) Steven Gerrard 2) Wayne Rooney 3) Gonzalo Higuain

World Golden Ball - 1) Cristiano Ronaldo 2) Wayne Rooney 3) Sergio Aguero

World Team of The Year

Probably won't be another update now until after Christmas, so I'll wish you all a Very Merry Christmas, and good luck with all your saves.

I swore that I'd got everything I could out of FM and I should have given it up. Then FM11 was on sale, and there's nothing else to do during the winter holidays...

This thread looks ideal for the next type of challenge to do. My first ever league win was SVW Mannheim way back in 06, 07 was Merthyr Tydfil, San Marino in 08 and... Badajoz, that's it! It was really annoying me that I couldn't remember the team I went bottom-to-top with in Spain. Or maybe it was 07?

I've been around the San Marino challenge thread the last few years anyway, so I'm debating what country I should start in. I kind of liked the idea of Germany... but Venezia might be good too. Reading through this whole thread while the game holidays to May/June and I can decide. I'm just disappointed TeBe Berlin are out of the equasion, I had them a couple of versions ago but never really went anywhere with them, they were fun with their bright purple kit.

Ha, my calibre! :p I like that. I'm internet-famous ;) Just wait until my second update proclaiming my relegation to bring my ego back to regular size :p

It had always been a low ceiling that had kept me restricted to the bigger leagues in Europe, so I might as well embrace this year's new feature and use it to pick a Russian team. I'm only at page 10 so far so someone else might have in the last few pages, but I quite like being only the second one to pick them. Plus, to get the most out of the experience with local derbies and big-city life, I've decided to pick Torpedo Moscow. (Torpedo-ZiL were very tempting with their Oktyabr stadium :p )

End of Season Update - 2013/2014 - Racing Club de Ferrol

racing-ferrol.gif

League:

Media Prediction - 20th

Actual Position - 11th - Graph

We survived! The basic aim of this season was to keep ourselves out of any relegation danger, and we did that admirably. We were never in the relegation dogfight and kept ourselves midtable throughout the season. The board gave me around 3 million to spend at the start of the season. In december, a consortium led by none other than Ryan Giggs took over the club.

In the January window, I was given 12.25 million to spend, although I couldn't find too many players that would improve my team drastically, so I didn't spend too much money. The team's defense is pretty good, only 5 teams conceded less than us. The attack however, left a lot to be desired. We scored the least among the teams that didn't get relegated, and even one of the teams that got relegated scored more than us :thdn: I could get Victor Vazquez to score only 3 goals all season, which means he is now 1 goal away from being the club's leading league goalscorer.

Highlights of the season would definitely be beating Barcelona and Real Madrid at home, holding Barcelona and beating Sevilla away.

The board also improved our training facilities this season, and our youth facilities is undergoing improvement :thup:

Transfers

A special mention here must go to Pepe who I've managed to lure to Ferrol for 5.75 million. Might seem expensive for our club, but I've no doubts he will be a fantastic player. Already rated at 5* and said to be a leading left back in Liga BBVA. He will join next season.

Key Players: - For a change, most of my key players will be defenders.

Jakub Holy - Signed on a free amindst a lot of interest, Holy was one of the key performers this season. Has fb physical stats and if he could improve his technicals, he could be a fine player in the years to come. Rated at 4.5 * by my assman.

Jan Durica - The other part of my central defence. The 32 year old Slovakian proved to be a rock, and even with declining stats, helped us with our defensive record.

Xisco - Signed on a free, I expected a lot of the former Newcastle player. He started off brightly, but faded quickly. Not the best of seasons, but he was still my best attacker, which says a lot about my attack.

Ignacio Camacho - First name on the teamsheet again, proved he is not out of depth even in the highest division.

Awards:

Manager of the Year

Most improved club

Previous Season Aims:

• Fight against relegation - Check
  • Improve the overall quality of the team - Undecided on this
  • Keep important members of the team - Check

Next Season Aims:

• Score more goals!
  • Sell/Release deadwood
  • Keep Pepe
  • Get Victor Vazquez to score one more goal!

Season  |  Club        |   League  		      |  Position  |  Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 | Ferrol S.A.D | Spanish Second Division B1 |    2nd     | Promoted via Playoffs!
2012/2013 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga Adelante	      |	   2nd     | Promoted!
2013/2014 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA                  |    11th    | Survived!

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 16 - 2026/27

Story of the Season:

Serie A - 4th, Qualified for Champions League

Starting the season for the first time in 3 years with a win was nice for a change, and we continued the good form (an embarassing 1-0 loss to bottom club Lazio in my 700th game in management aside) well into the winter months. By mid-February we were slap bang in a title race, just 3 points off Juventus at the top.

However, a serious set-back in the Champions League (see below) allied to a ridiculous injury crisis in defence sent our season into a bit of a tail-spin, and we won just 3 in 9 to not only fall out of the title race, but put our requalification for the Champions League in doubt. We dug deep though, and a few tactical tweaks as well as a massive personnel change (precipitated by a 4-0 home loss to Roma) saw us return to our early season form, taking 14 points from the last 18 available to secure 4th with plenty to spare.

We actually got some recognition in the individual awards this year, with Rene Kooiman and Joaquin Arguelles earning a place in the team of the season, and the Spaniard taking the golden boot award.

Coppa Italia - Quarter Final

Serie B AlbinoLeffe were no match for our reserves in the 1st Round, before a dominating performance over eventual double-winners Juventus was undone by a ridiculous last minute defensive error. I don't actually know what happened, because I looked away as our keeper came to collect a routine over-hit through ball, and when I looked back they were knocking it into an empty net from 30 yards, cancelling out our opener.

Nevertheless, we continued to press throughout injury time, but it inevitably went to penalties. If it's even possible, the penalties went against the run of play, as we had so many chances to win, but missed them all, whilst Juve took their only chance to go through. A horrendously frustrating way to go out.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

Lille were out opposition in the Best Placed Playoff, and we made short work of them with a 4-1 aggregate demolition. The group stage afforded us a great chance for revenge for last season's elimination at the hands of Real Madrid, with them as the first seeds, us second for the first time ever, and Fenerbahce and Basel rounding out the group.

3 fantastic wins put us in command of the group, the final 1-0 over Real Madrid a very sweet result, before a draw in the Bernebeu secured qualification. A win over Basel in the next game won us the group, before a dead-rubber away in Turkey finished 1-1.

Familiar foes awaited in the knockout rounds in Lyon, and I was pretty confident of doing the job against them again. A horrifically bad performance (the one I mentioned in the league section) in the away leg saw us lucky to get away with a 2-0 loss. A mammoth job awaited at home - but not an impossible one. We made it look easy to begin with, surging into a 2-0 lead after just 7 minutes, but Lyon came back into the game and got a killer away goal after 29 minutes. Gonzalez equalised just after half-time to end the tie.

Or was it over? Top-scorer Joaquin Arguelles got one back on 72 minutes to give us a bit of hope, but couldn't find another until 92 minutes. The 30 seconds of play left wasn't time enough to grab an unbelievable 5th, and we crashed out on away goals.

Yet again, though, we lost to the eventual winners. How irritating.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Squad

Transfers - £17.5m Loss

Jose and Jorgensen were the two components of my left-back revolution, whilst O'Donnell and Gonzalez are both for the future. A load of squad players left again for not much.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Jose Alberto Loureiro - DR - The Portuguese right back became a regular for Italy this year. Weird.

4. Filippo Vitone - AMRC - Contributed important goals and the odd assist. Italian Player of the Year.

3. Walter Aguero - AM/ST - Formed a great partnership with Arguelles.

2. Rene Kooiman - DC - Outstanding in defence.

1. Joaquin Arguelles - AM/ST - Top scorer in Serie A, came up with the goods consistently.

History:

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2012/13   Serie C2/C              1st       Serie C2/C Champions, Promoted
2013/14   Serie C1/B              5th       Playoff Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Serie C1/B              2nd       Playoff Winners, Promoted
2015/15   Serie B                 12th      
2016/17   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Serie A                 20th      Relegated
2018/19   Serie B                 2nd       Promoted
2019/20   Serie A                 7th       Qualified for Europa League
2020/21   Serie A                 6th       Qualified for Europa League
2021/22   Serie A                 9th
2022/23   Serie A                 5th       Qualified for Europa League
2023/24   Serie A                 3rd       Qualified for Champions League, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2024/25   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2025/26   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Victor Amoruso      MC         2018-Present            338      31    6.98
Abel Petrillo       ST         2016-Present            330     142    7.13
Rene Kooiman        DC         2019-Present            326      26    7.08
Filippo Vitone      AMRC       2018-Present            295      58    7.08
Mauro Quiroga       DM/MC      2019-Present            287      14    6.96
Jon Pagola          AMLC       2019-Present            280      53    7.20
Stefano Tulino      D/DM/MRC   2019-Present            254      15    7.12
Walter Aguero       ST         2021-Present            230      75    6.99
Jose A. Loureiro    DR         2020-Present            229       1    7.11
Mauro Vigorito      GK         2011-2023               217       0    6.82
Juan Jose Godoy     GK         2023-Present            207       0    6.96
Patxi Rodriguez     DM/MC      2017-2026               203      14    6.87
Nenad Lukic         MLC        2021-2026               188      23    6.98
Mauricio Martin     D/DM/MC    2020-Present            187       9    6.96
Nicolas Amodio      DM/MC      2012-2018               183      12    6.93
Remi Thouvenin      DL         2021-2026               181       0    7.06
Antonio Marino      DLC        2013-2021               180       5    6.88
Adem Ljajic         AMRLC      2019-Present            170      26    6.91
Mario Ortiz         DM/MC      2013-2021               169       5    6.83
Nicola Ravaglia     GK         2018-2025               164       0    6.90
Enzo Scorza         ST         2012-2018               159      82    7.24
Nicolas             D/DM/MC    2015-2022               159       5    6.85
Rosario Licata      D/WB/ML    2011-2016               146       3    6.92
Francesc Alcalde    AMLC/ST    2014-2020               145      45    6.98
Luca Tedeschi       DC         2012-2018               139       8    7.09
Mogi                DRC        2017-2022               134       0    6.76
Diego Farias        AMRLC      2015-2019               126      19    6.90
Gonzalo Valdez      ST         2022-2026               126      34    6.87
Davide Testa        AM/ST      2011-2015               121      40    7.04
Yohann Sallaberry   AMLC       2021-Present            117      10    7.01
Ruben               AML        2015-2019               103       7    6.86
Fausto Rossi        AML        2016-2021               102      18    6.97

Next Season:

We certainly improved this year, even if our final position in each competition was actually equal at best to last season. If we continue this improvement then I think we can produce the title challenge I crave next year.

Forza Messina!

SSV Reutlingen - Season 2012/2013 - German Third Division

First of all I'd like to say...CHAMPIONS!

Was totally unexpected, but we came through and had an excellent season!

Here's the final League Table

Position Graph

We brought in some very strong players in the summer and I think that was key to our title win.

Transfers

Squad

As you can probably see from the squad list, 2 players in particular stood out. Here they are:

Andy Schmidt - It's hard to think this kid's only 15 - what a debut season!

Eddy Vorm - Didn't have a great season at all last season, dramatically improved this season and formed an amazing partnership with Schmidt!

Other Players of Note:

Fabian Herchenhan - Was rock solid at the back.

Mauro Macchia - Had a great season once again, terrorises defenders.

Abdou Sall - He's aging, but performed brilliantly in both CB and CM.

Sascha Bigalke - Was constantly plagued by injuries, but performed very well - will be sad to see him go at the end of the season.

Honours

Manager of The Year

Team of The Year - Andy Schmidt

Next Season Expectations

-Strengthen Squad to cope in a higher league.

-Secure finances

-STAY UP!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas guys.

Ah, Christmas. A time for family... and the avoidance thereof in favour for a mammoth FM session.

Torpedo Moscow - Russian First Division - Final Position: 13th

Of all the things we could say about this season, we certainly didn't do anything the easy way.

I think the scale of the job on my hands was hammered home with our very first friendly match, where we were hammered 6-0 by the Nizhiny Novgorod team... that had just been RELEGATED the previous year. If they weren't even good enough to stay up but were capable of inflicting that much damage, it was clear that some major rebuilding needed to be done. The funny thing is, that there was plenty of talent around and interested, but this far more than any other league I've played is seriously constrained by finances. If I had a sugar daddy allowing me to throw money around I could have easily assembled a top quality squad, but value for money was the name of the game.

Among the first wave of new recruits to join were Ivan Nagibin for only £7k from Sibir Novosibiirsk, and Eric Korchagin for £35k from Volga Tver. Sadly, time and financial constraints weighed too heavily on us to really improve on the team as much as I'd like, and so the objective of the season was very firmly set at survival and consolidating while taking any possible chances that we could find.

Things actually started very positively, as we attempted to 'Blackpool' the league with an aggressive approach, with early highlights including a steal of a win away at rivals Rotor Volgograd. Before long though we'd been figured out, and crashed down into the relegation zone, where we spent most of the season. A decent run after a more conservative tactical rethink put a little distance behind us, before Krasnoyarsk gave us a serious scare with a stunning run of form right at the death to save themselves, almost at our expense. It always feels slightly like we didn't quite earn our survival when you're near the bottom - I had set a points target for our final run of games, but we survived despite falling short of it in part due to a very kind fixture computer that left us two places clear on the final day with them playing each other, guaranteeing survival no matter what the outcome. Positives are that we were never really hammered at any stage - even in the Cup, we ran Amkar Perm extremely close, but all too often a single mistake due to generally being outclassed would result in points dropped. The undisputed low of the season was a horiffic 1-0 loss at home to Torpedo-ZiL - a lucky goal for them in a midweek game when we were tired and unable to answer anything back, the three points from which would have given us a comfortable cushion for the entire second half of the season instead of running things until the last week.

There's still very little to get really excited about around the club, as we hopefully head towards the winter break and the new season. With several high earners leaving I'm confident that I'll be able to fill their shoes at existing quality for far cheaper - its real quality that we need to be on the lookout for. Korchagin is only liable to go backwards as he ages, so there's really very little solid base that we're looking to build on. We won't turn down deals that spring up for any position on the pitch, the key is just to make do with what we have while keeping an eye out for anyone good enough to let us kick on.

High-priority targets for the winter include a more clinical striker who can more reliably finish the few oppertunities we carve out, and some steel in midfield to help shut down the (many) teams that are capable of just plain overpowering us.

Season   League                      Position  Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------
2011     Russian First Division        13th    [i]Survival[/i]

End of Season Update - 2011/2012 - Mantova

League:

Media Prediction - 6th

Actual Position - 4th

Some good and bad points for my 1st season at Mantova, The club were looking at establishing them selfs in the league but deep down i know they wanted me to get them out of Italy's lowest league, with £1.1m transfer funds and £28k wages to spend this would make my job easier or so i thought, i spent most if my 1st few months signing my back room staff i missed out on most of the talent, but i managed to sign afew players with potential.

Bad points were we missed out on promotion via playoffs due to not enough quality and depth within the squad.

Players

Transfers

Key Players:

Emanuel Spinale - Signed on a free, became my Vice Captain and played really well all season.

Giampietro Perrulli - My RW played most of the season and was a key player, missed him the games he did not play.

Mirko Bellodi - The only key GK at the squad and has been with the club 16 years and is one of the club Icons, played well but is aging now so will look for a replacement soon.

Next Season Aims:

• Gain Promotion
  • Invest in Potential

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 |  Mantova     |   Italian Seria C2/A       |    4th     | 

Pre-season: 2012 Torpedo Moscow

I'd set out my objectives for the coming season at the end of my last post, and overall I think I'd have to call this winter a success.

Looking back over the previous season, I'd been very aware of how little my wide players had contributed, and despite exhaustive searching, I still couldn't find any real quality in that area of the pitch. The decision was made then that for the coming year we'd move to a highly aggressive 4-1-3-2, hopefully creating more through the centre while focusing on really taking the game to superior teams. Introducing some steel to the middle then included Roman Voidel' on a free transfer after his Shinnik Yaroslavl contract expired, and new anchorman Maxim Zyuzin from Nhizniy Novgorod, who'll captain us for the coming year. I was pleasantly surprised to get Zyuzin after there was a lot of interest from teams with much more resources, but out of multiple contract offers he seemed to identify more with the ambition we showed and the role we had for him at the heart of it. Both have already proved very popular with the fans, and endeared themselves further to the faithful after putting in excellent displays in very close losses to rivals Dinamo and Lokomotiv Moscow in the off-season.

Up front, I'm very hopeful that my prayers have finally been answered with the arrival of former Aussie A-League star Cristiano for a measly £9000 from Maltese side Tarxien Rainbows. He's by some distance the top earner at the club, but it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that I'm expecting him to involve himself in most of the points we pick up over the next year. The funny thing is, he's been offered to us multiple times since I started the challenge by his agent, but until this winter I wasn't able to scout him - who would have thought that with our scouting range expanded to the whole of Europe, it'd be Malta that provided the biggest gem?

Another interesting development was the aquisition (actually from last season) of a very promising youngster, Michael Okoronkwo after Heartland (unlike Tarxien) allowed him to leave on a trial. For once, his agent wasn't overstating his promise - supposedly he'll be a leading Premier Division star in time, and was willing to sign on an initial £55/week. It's trebled now after his agent suggested he needed a reward for fending off some bigger clubs sniffing around, but with how long he's tied down for, his ongoing development and the miniscule expense of keeping him as backup to Nagibin, he's definately a major asset for the club to have.

On the tactical front, we're investing a lot of training time in our set peice routines, in the hope that with our focus on stifling the midfield, a 5-goal return over the course of the season might well manifest itself in a 10 point swing. Aiding us in a very interesting capacity was our new left back Anton Zhukov - a very capable player in his own right, but whose major contribution to our season may well prove to be his deadly long flat bullet throw-ins.

Elsewhere, we're under budget for the season at just under £13.5k/week (surely one of the lowest in the league), and successfully offloaded our goalkeeper to Dinamo Minsk after something of a bust-up over his wages. With only a year left on his contract and at the age of 32 I'm happy that this will be a good deal, but his replacement - an Armenian coming in for half of the pay - is not due until July, so we're being force to rely on a pair of youngsters brought in on short-term loan from Zenit until then. I'm happy that they're up to the job and the savings will do the club's balance good, but it's still not ideal if either of them fails to cope with the pressure to know that the replacement won't be available until halfway through the season. We've made good use of loans - we're at our maximum 5, hopefully they won't be needed for much more (outfield anyway) than some free cover.

I'm relatively confident that this season will go well - we put up great fights against some really top quality opposition in pre-season, the squad is actually to my liking in all areas, Cristiano was devestating in the few run outs he's had so far, and with a below-strength, casual team we managed to utterly destroy one of our divisional rivals in our final warm-up game. The clubs that have come up seem to be of very poor quality again, and the teams that barely stayed up like Rotor and Krasnoyarsk don't seem to have had the funds to strengthen much for their campaign. Officially, the goal is just to stay up again, but privately I'm hoping to put some considerable distance between us and the drop with some foundations laid to trouble the big boys at the next attempt.

2012 - Torpedo Moscow - Russian First Division - Final Position 8th

Squad - Transfers - Finances - Wage bill

An absolutely spellbinding season has come to a close, and one that will have to go down for us personally as a fantastic success. Both relegation and promotion went to the final day, with Khimki, Shinnik (and myself!) all stealing a position in the very last round of matches, and next season we'll be joined from the Premier League by single-season wonders KamAZ, and surprisingly Krylja Sovetov Samara.

The big story of the league was the implosion of Tom Tomsk - recently relegated and favourites to go straight back up, they instead went into absolute meltdown, flirting with relegation and ending nearer the bottom half of the table as the players and even chairman bailed out. A decent run of form in July gave them enough of a cushion to avoid having to worry too much about the drop, but with most of the squad gone, a 35 year old captain and having ended the season with only a single win in their final 11 games it doesn't look like the ship is close to stabilised yet. Considering their match preparation for their trip to mine seemed to consist entirely of their manager telling the media that he randomly hated me, I'm not surprised!

This year was the first that the team had really felt like I had my first choices available all over the pitch, and we were infinately stronger for it. Our midfield was absolutely dominant, and while Cristiano took a while to get going (one of the perils of moving from a July-May to a March-November league, lack of syncronicity) he really found his shooting boots towards the end, with multiple hat tricks and ending as second top scorer for the division. The finances were stabilised with the enormous transfer of Okoronkwo to Levski Sofia, and we should move into the black with our sponsorship money once we reach the start of the new year. Overall, we finished the year 19 points up on or total from last season - the same again would comfortably hand us the title and promotion, so that will be the target! Over the winter break, some additional backup, a centre back to replace the aging Horak, and if we're lucky perhaps another pacy striker for Cristiano to drop deeper and play off of would be ideal, but other than filling the holes from expired contracts I'm very happy with the players I have available to me.

End of Season Update - 2012/2013 - Mantova

League:

Media Prediction - 2nd

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

A great 2nd season in Seria C2/A, with only just missing out on promotion last season and with a very good squad we only needed to improve in afew positions, a very strong season throughout out going on a 16 game unbeaten run and going better in the cup than last season.

We were given £3m to spend on players which i found impossible to spend in the 4th tier of Italian football, but was able to attract some very good players to get the job done this season.

C2 Super Cup:

Didn't even know about this cup until i was in it but wanted to win it as i didn't want to ever be playing in it again, and the lads didn't let us down.

C2 Super Cup

Players:

Players 1 - Players 2

Transfers

Key Players:

Raffaele Alcibiade - Signed from Juventus for £120k last season and played most games this season and played this very well, a rock at the back.

Giampietro Perrulli - Second season as a Key Player for us, stats dont live up to how good this guy players, unless alot better can be found next season he'll be my number 1 RW again.

Lorenzo Insigne - Second season on loan for Lorenzo from Napoli, very skillful LW who can cut in and score afew too :), signed for a free ready for my new season.

Cristian Altinier - This guy was co-owned by the club but played for the other co-owner, the time came for one club to buy him and i though he could do us a good job, and a good job he did scoring 20.

Cristian Tiboni - My scouts recommended this guy and boy they were right, beating off some stiff competion were made him our biggest earner at the club, and he become our biggest goal scorer with 33.

Awards:

Tiboni Leagues Top Goal Scorer

Tiboni Fans Player Of The Year

Insigne Player Of The Year

Manager Of The Year

5 Players in Team Of The Year

Next Season Aims:

• Mid table finish.
  • Invest in Potential

2011/2012 |  Mantova     |   Italian Seria C2/A       |    4th     | 
2012/2013 |  Mantova     |   Italian Seria C2/A       |    1st     | C2/A Super Cup Winner

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 17 - 2027/28

Story of the Season:

Serie A - 3rd, Qualified for Champions League

We started well, with an unbeaten streak lasting til the end of October, a disappointing 2-0 loss to bottom-half side Napoli ending it. We lost just twice more before Xmas to end the year just one point off the top of the table.

We mostly kept up the pace in the second half, one slightly ropey piece of form "inspired" by having to use reserve keeper Pedersoli for 3 games (during which he conceded 6) as Martin was injured. The run-in was incredibly close, with us just 1 point from the top with 4 games to go.

We won our next game against Mantova comfortably, but so did Juve and Palermo. We then missed an opportunity, drawing with Udinese at home after Juve had drawn their early kickoff. Luckily Palermo also failed to win against Roma.

Then it was the big one. Away against Juve. It started gingerly, as you'd expect in such an important game, as both sides felt each other out. We got to half time at 0-0, the nearest miss being Arguelles' shot against the post for us. Just after half time, the game swung towards us, as Juve had a man sent off. We couldn't capitalise though, the game ending goalless. Palermo won their game comfortably to take 2nd from us.

All this meant we needed to win on the final day, and rely on Palermo and Juve both dropping points to win the title. We were at home against 15th placed Portosummaga, whilst Juve were away to Bari and Palermo were in the San Siro against AC Milan. Slightly favourable fixtures for us, but still a tall order.

We started well, club legend Abel Petrillo opening the scoring to make light of the suspensions of top-scorers Aguero and Arguelles. Portosummaga equalised soon after, comedy defending from us the culprit as both Egger and Da Silva decided to leave the opposition's dangerman Pace the freedom of the penalty area to fire home.

Cavalli got himself sent off for Portosummaga to make things even easier for us, but we couldn't find another goal before half time. A quick check of the other matches gave us hope, both were still 0-0.

The second half wore on, us labouring in trying to score again. I don't know what's wrong with Sergio Real because his stats look great, but on the pitch he's utterly shambolic. So many moves ended with the ball bouncing off his arse or his first touch landing 10 yards away from him. With 10 minutes to go, Juve were still drawing, and Palermo were even a goal down. Surely we could find a winner?

No. We couldn't. Palermo equalised, but neither they or Juve found a winner either. A pretty damp squib to end a fascinating season.

I doubt we'll get another chance as good as that to win our first title. Gutting.

Coppa Italia - 1st Round

It was AlbinoLeffe again in the 1st Round. We played awfully and lost.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

Typical piece-of-**** qualifier against lowly opposition was negotiated easily, this year's victims being Fenerbahce. Don't know why I was so worried about them before.

A return to familiar territory in the group stage saw us picked with English giants Arsenal. Montpellier and Spartak Moscow rounded out the group. We ended the group unbeaten for the second year running, but far too many draws (including 2 ridiculous last-minute equalisers for Arsenal in our games against them) meant we finished second to Montpellier, despite taking 4 points off them.

Our punishment was Real Madrid in the next round. Would we face the Real of last season's group, or the Real of the season before's Semi Final? The answer was somewhere inbetween - they were like the Real of the group phase, but ridiculously lucky.

At home, they took the lead through a ridiculous 40 yard strike, before we equalised. We were pushing for a winner and they scored again. From similar distance.

Away they scored twice in the opening 10 minutes to put the tie to bed. We fought back to equalise in the dying seconds to salvage some pride.

Guess who won this season's Champions League?

Actually it was Lyon, Madrid lost to them in the final.

Is it that beating us inspires a team to go on to the final, or is it just that we keep getting drawn against the best teams in the competition no matter whether we win the group or come second? Either way, I've had enough of it.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Squad

Transfers - £35.5m Profit

Daniel Martin and Da Silva were both bargain free transfers coming in, and we sold a lot of the fluff from around the edges of the squad to make a healthy profit.

5. Philipp Egger - DC - The Austrian makes his debut on this list thanks to his amazing eye for goal this season. Pity he was injured so often.

4. Filippo Vitone - AMRC - Goals and assists from out wide made him an integral part of the team.

3. Jon Pagola - AMLC - Ditto Vitone but on the other side.

2. Walter Aguero - AM/ST - Assisted even more than he scored, one of his best seasons for us.

1. Joaquin Arguelles - AM/ST - Top scorer for us again, although he fell short of winning the Capocannoniere this year.

History:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Serie C2/C              2nd       Serie C Cup Runners Up, Playoff Finalists
2023/24   Serie A                 3rd       Qualified for Champions League, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2024/25   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League, Coppa Italia Runners Up
2026/27   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League
2027/28   Serie A                 3rd       Qualified for Champions League

Messina 100 Club:

A list of those Messina players who make 100 or more appearances for the club under my management.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Victor Amoruso      MC         2018-Present            360      33    6.98
Abel Petrillo       ST         2016-Present            339     145    7.13
Rene Kooiman        DC         2019-Present            358      31    7.08
Filippo Vitone      AMRC       2018-Present            343      66    7.09
Jon Pagola          AMLC       2019-Present            322      61    7.20
Mauro Quiroga       DM/MC      2019-Present            311      14    6.96
Stefano Tulino      D/DM/MRC   2019-Present            269      16    7.12
Jose A. Loureiro    DR         2020-Present            269       2    7.11
Walter Aguero       ST         2021-Present            266      86    7.01
Juan Jose Godoy     GK         2023-2027               207       0    6.96
Mauricio Martin     D/DM/MC    2020-2027               187       9    6.96
Adem Ljajic         AMRLC      2019-2027               170      26    6.91
Sergio Real         ST         2024-Present            129      22    6.83
Yohann Sallaberry   AMLC       2021-2028               117      10    7.01

Next Season:

Well I wanted a title challenge, and I got one, admittedly an ultimately more-than-disappointing one. The main problem (I think) was our backup strikers. They were all awful (Petrillo perhaps excepted), especially Sergio Real, and I think I need to either motivate them better or replace them if we're to score enough goals over the entire season. So next season I need to sort out some alternatives to Aguero and Arguelles, and make another crack at the title. It'd be nice to actually get past the 1st Round in the Champions League as well.

Forza Messina!

End of Season Update - 2014/2015 - Racing Club de Ferrol

racing-ferrol.gif

League:

Media Prediction - 17th

Actual Position - 10th - Graph

Although we improved our league position only by one, this was a much better season in terms of goal scoring and entertainment at A Malata stadium. We started off poorly, with only 2 wins in the first 9, which saw us drop all the way to 18th in the table at one point. We recovered well with a strong push in December and in the later parts of the season.

Our best form in the league saw results such as this one against Real Madrid. In the end, we finished a respectable 10th, only 1 position higher than last season but scored 23 more goals.

Spanish Cup - We made history this season, it was the club's and my first ever trophy, chuffed about this. Pays to take the cup competition seriously, as I became a favoured personnel with the board after the win.

The Final - Arinze Odita is quite the first half hat trick guy isn't he <3333333333

Victor Vazquez scored 2 goals this season, both winners in matches against Valladolid and fierce rivals Deportivo, meaning he becomes the club's leading goalscorer.

Transfers

Key Players:

- Star striker of the club and is now classified as a wonderkid. Signed for 3.1m in January, he scored 21 goals in his 6 months here, including hat tricks against Real Madrid and Villarreal in the Spanish club final. Fantastic player.

[url=]David Jerez - Another january signing. Was initially planning to retrain him as a striker, but it looks like I'll play him in central midfield/attacking midfield. Settled well into the team and could become an important part of the team next season

Marcelo - One of my two flying wingers. Marcelo is my first choice right winger. Serious pace and dribbling ability means every full back has nightmares about him. If he could improve his finishing, he will be immense.

Hossam Ghader - The other half, the left wing dynamo. The Libyan is by far the best player from his country and is an exciting player. Likes to beat men and put in crosses, and also has a mean free kick.

Jakub Holy - Solid season at the back for Holy, he is future captain material imo

Xisco - Much more productive season for the striker, and also scored some outrageous goals, the most prominent being 2 lobs he scored in one game.

Pepe - Not his best season, but with his attributes, I'm sure he'll become an immense full back if I give him more license to do his thing in the opposition half, something I've planned to do next season.

Awards:

Manager of the Year

Most improved club

Previous Season Aims:

• Score more goals! - Check
  • Sell/Release deadwood - Check
  • Keep Pepe - Check
  • Get Victor Vazquez to score one more goal! - Check

Next Season Aims:

• Improve league position
  • Keep the likes of Odita and Pepe
  • Don't get humiliated in Europe

2011/2012 | Ferrol S.A.D | Spanish Second Division B1 |    2nd     | Promoted via Playoffs!
2012/2013 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga Adelante	      |	   2nd     | Promoted!
2013/2014 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA                  |    11th    | Survived!
2014/2015 | Ferrol S.A.D | Liga BBVA		      |    10th    | Spanish Cup Winners! Qualified for Europe!

2013 - Torpedo Moscow - Russian First Division - Position: 5th

(squad)

While progress has undoubtedly been made, I'm still a touch disappointed that in terms of what we have to show for it, we're only up four points on last season's total. The focus has most definately shifted - we're undoubtedly one of the division's strongest teams now, and the onus has to be on us ensuring that we take maximum points from the games that we should be winning, as opposed to seeing points gained from difficult away trips as a bonus.

Early in the year we were ravaged by injuries, and while the team performed admirably in the absence of key players, the lack of match sharpness for Cristiano on his return was a major factor. We spent most of the season hovering just that one elusive win short of the promotion places - had we converted more oppertunities into points early on, we would surely have sailed to promotion instead of falling agonisingly short.

The cup provided some of our best moments - firstly beating Rubin Kazan at home on penalties, but the one everyone will be talking about was our trip to the Gazprom-Arena to take on Zenit St Petersburg in the 7th round. Having been rearranged 3 times to fit around their Champions League schedule, they were clearly keen to get it out of the way and move onto other things, but we stunned then into action by taking a 3-1 lead with less than 10 minutes to go. Reluctantly, they brought on some of their first team stars that they'd hoped to rest, and we fell agonisingly close as they clawed back an equaliser in injury time, before taking the tie in relative comfort once their superior fitness levels showed through in extra time. To make matters worse, our exhausted, jaded team then lost on the road 3 days later to rivals Rotor - considering they then got relegated, it surely has to go down as our worst result of the season.

For next season, a change of approach is planned - our very tight, aggressive midfield approach works wonders on superior teams, but the lack of width is noticable when smaller ones shut up shop, and those are the games we need to focus on in future. A move to a wider 4-5-1/4-3-3 shoudl help with that, with the added boost of making our previously small squad much more flexible with increased competition for less places. Arriving on one wing will be wonderkid Hafez Antar, rated at leading Premier League potential on his trial earlier in the season who will finally join up once he turns 18. Transfer targets will therefore be a left winger at priority 1, plus added wide competition for places on the wings and possibly a further centre back to rotate with our current aging pair.

Season |  League                    | Position | Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------
2011   |  Russian First Division    |   13th   |  Survival
2012   |  Russian First Division    |    8th   | 
2013   |  Russian First Division    |    5th   | 

Brettneys Russian Adventure Season 12 - 2022!

ChitaLogo.png

Well we did it again, we failed to defend our Russian Premier Title succesfully. We had one of those draw season at the start of the season drawing 7 out of 11. We won the Russian cup beating Tom 3-1 in the Final. In Europe we managed to get the better of a Spanish team beating Valencia 2-1 on Agg in the Euro cu 2nd KO rd, before desposing of Roman in the Quaters 2-0 on Agg.Fiorentina and the Swemis proved a step too far though and after drawing 0-0 at Home we slipped up and lost 3-2 AWay after going 3-0 we pulled out 2 goals back in the 84' and 87' minutes but just couldn't get the 3rd! Then came the second half of the season and Champions League football, we did alot better in the Group this year managing a win over Sevilla and a few draws which almost put us 2nd missing out after losing 1-0 to Bayern at Home (final game) and Sevilla won (we needed a draw) and we finish 3rd again. Oh well Europa League again. The board can't afford a new stadium still but we are getting new Training and Youth Facilities upgrades again to be completed in May.

Transfers: We were pretty much forced into 4 outgoing transfers this year that i didn't want to complete, top youngster Dejan Dujkovic to Man Utd £2.4m (the board agreed), Lucas Piazon £1.2m to Bari he's been out top scorer 2 of the last 3 years but he's been wanting out the last year+ Leandro, top scorer the others year a AMC or CF top performer wanted out and i'd given him a Minimum fee release and Sao Paulo met it (2.4M in July) and finally top CB and Captain Tapiwa Chazika left for FC Utrecht £7m August 1st thanks to the board accepting a too good to pass up offer.

Finances - Confidence

Table - Graph.

Squad Stats;

Typical Chita Lineup;

GK, Nigmatullin. - Leaving January, another big loss!!

RB, Linhart. - Fans player of Season!

CB, Belov.

CB, Leo.

LB, Troyan.

DMC, Kambolov.

CM, Panin.

CM, Chianello.

AMC, Alan Patrick.

CF, Maninho.

CF, Pereira.

Season      Division            Position   Trophys      Acheivements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011        First Division      14th       None
2012        First Division      11th       None
2013        First Division      3rd        None      Manager of Year 3rd.
2014        First Division   Champions, 1st Div Title  Manager of Year!.
2015         Premier Div.       5th        None       Qualified 4 Euro Cup.
2016         Premier Div.       4th        None       Won vs CSKA Moscow
2017         Premier Div.       4th        None       Euro Cup 4th Qual. RD
2018         Premier Div.       1st!     Premier Div. Russian Champions!.
2019         Premier Div.       2nd     Russian Cup   28 Game unbeaten run.
2020         Premier Div.       2nd     Super Cup + Reserves
2021         Premier Div.    Champions   League       Draws home and Away vs Real.
2022         Premier Div.       2nd     Russian Cup   Semi Final of Europa League

SnakeXe's Messina - Season 18 - 2028/29

Story of the Season:

Serie A - 1st, Champions

For the third season running we started with a win, this one against Fiorentina at home. We first lost in Round 3, a disappointing 3-1 beating away to Bologna (although they did end up sustaining a title challenge into the New Year before falling away, so perhaps not so terrible). Our form picked back up again, only losing away to Juve before hitting a terrible run in December where we forgot how to score. A home draw with relegation-threatened Sampdoria was compounded by successive losses to AC Milan and Roma. Thankfully we were able to dig deep, and Jon Pagola inspired us to a gritty away win in Naples to avoid going into the winter break adrift.

2 points was the gap, and we set about closing it with an 8 game winning streak in all competitions, not dropping a single point in the month of January. February was worse though, as we suffered successive losses for the second time this season, at home to Lazio and away to Inter. Things picked up again, though, and we were sustaining the title challenge, matching Juve point for point, until finally they slipped up with 3 games to go. We were top for the first time all season, albeit by just a solitary point, before Grosseto did us a huge favour by beating Juve at home.

That meant just one win in the last two games would secure us the first Serie A title of the club's history, in this incarnation or any other. We faced Napoli at home, followed by Grosseto away. Napoli were challenging for a Europa League place, and were a tough team, but we were confident of picking up the result we needed.

How wrong we were. It started well enough, with Arguelles smashing in an opener, but Napoli absolutely passed us to death, running out 3-1 winners. Inexplicably though, Parma lost, putting themselves out of the title race, and Juve drew, meaning we needed just a point from Grosseto to take the title.

The small Tuscan club had worked miracles that season, the newly promoted side sustaining a Champions League qualification charge until the very last few games, and taking a spot in the Italian Cup Final as well.

We lined up in a cautious 4-5-1 formation, knowing their propensity for hitting sides with rapid counter attacks. Juve were away at 12th placed Fiorentina, not an easy game, but one they'd expect to win. The early exchanges were nervy, but we fashioned some great chances for lone striker Arguelles. Unfortunately, the previously unflappable marksman missed them all.

Half time came, and we got word that Juve were a goal up against Fiorentina. We were still on top, but could not afford a single slip-up.

The match continued in a similar vein for the next 25 minutes, us creating the odd clear cut chance but fluffing it, and Grosseto threatening occasionally from long range. As a dipping 30-yarder arrowed narrowly over our crossbar, I decided we had to go for it. Off went midfielder Vega, on came Sergio Real to partner Arguelles up front.

This had the desired effect, penning Grosseto back, but we still couldn't find a goal to steady our nerves. As the game entered injury time, we dropped nervously deeper and deeper, the opposition swarming outside our penalty area.

The seconds ticked by.

The referee blew the final whistle. We had done it!

Coppa Italia - Runners Up

AC Milan were overcome easily enough in the first round by our reserves, who did the same job to Bari in the Quarter Final. Palermo were slightly trickier opposition, and as one of our rivals I couldn't allow us to be blown away by them. A great defensive job in the away leg brought a 0-0 back to San Filippo. Disastrously, they took the lead, and we laboured to respond. Suddenly, everything clicked, and Aguero fed Arguelles twice in quick succession to put us in charge. Incredibly, we conceded again to make it 2-2 at half time, Palermo with the advantage on away goals.

We were the better side in the second half, dominating possession and chances. We just couldn't grab the crucial third, until Palermo's two-goal hero Daniel fouled Aguero in the box to concede a penalty! The adopted Italian international dusted himself off and calmly dispatched the penalty to regain the lead. Palermo came at us like a train, and we nearly buckled under the pressure, before a wonderful breakaway culminated in substitute Sergio Real stroking home a decisive fourth!

Grosseto awaited in the final, who as you know had had a fine season, but were a club we really should beat. We went 4-4-2 this time, hoping to take the game to our opponents, and it worked quite well, apart from the whole scoring goals thing. Without the suspended Arguelles we just didn't have the nous to break them down, and when they scored with their only shot on target, we knew it wasn't our day. Gutting.

Champions League - Quarter Final

Our 3rd placed finish last year meant no qualifier this time round, and we went straight into the hardest group we've ever faced, even when we were 3rd seeds. Standard Liege weren't up to much, but Manchester City and Atletico Madrid were both seasoned European campaigners, with excellent teams. A 5-0 destruction of Standard in Belgium was the best way to start, and we followed that up with a superb 1-0 win over Atletico at home. A late equaliser earned a point in Manchester, before a come-from-behind 2-1 victory put us in charge of the group in the return match.

An utterly inexplicably bad performance saw us lose 2-1 to Standard at home - not only their only points of the round, but their only goals as well. This meant we absolutely needed a result in Madrid to go through, let alone win the group. Luckily we held them at bay, before an injury time winner was snatched by O'Donnell to win our group for the second time ever.

Finally we faced some slightly easier opposition in the form of Celtic, and we made it look easy, a measured 2-0 win in Scotland followed up by a 3-0 home victory. Man Utd awaited us in the Quarter Final, a very tricky proposition indeed.

An absolutely abject first half performance at home left us lucky to be only 1-0 down, but a half-time shift to 4-5-1 bore much better results, and we equalised to give us some hope going to Old Trafford. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough, as we missed a couple of early chances before being absolutely steamrollered, with the 2-0 loss flattering us.

Results 1 - Results 2 - Results 3 - Results 4 - Squad

Transfers - £17.6m Loss

Jorgensen and Pedersoli left as squad players no longer required, and I sent some of our promising young'uns out on loan. Coming in were some prospects in Vega, Incontri and Jose Maria, veteran cover in Oueslati, and first team material in Antonio Gola. Juan Carlos was finally a back-up keeper who wasn't rubbish, at my favourite price - £0.

5. Rene Kooiman - DC - Has been such a great player for us over the years.

4. Walter Aguero - AM/ST - Not his best season, but had to cope with the pressure of leading the line mostly singlehandedly due to Arguelles' injury troubles.

3. Jose Alberto Loureiro - DR - Another great campaign from the adopted Italian.

2. Javier - AMR - 14 assists tells its own story. Reminds me of Arshavin - not much use except for the final ball, which is fine by me.

1. Joaquin Arguelles - AM/ST - That he was our top scorer despite missing around 5 months of the season tells you all about our other strikers.

History:

2026/27   Serie A                 4th       Qualified for Champions League
2027/28   Serie A                 3rd       Qualified for Champions League
2028/29   Serie A                 1st       Champions, Coppa Italia Runners Up

Messina 100 Club:

Rene Kooiman        DC         2019-Present            406      36    7.10
Victor Amoruso      MC         2018-Present            380      33    6.98
Filippo Vitone      AMRC       2018-Present            375      73    7.09
Abel Petrillo       AML/ST     2016-Present            358     151    7.13
Jon Pagola          AMLC       2019-Present            356      70    7.20
Mauro Quiroga       DM/MC      2019-Present            323      14    6.96
Jose A. Loureiro    DR         2020-Present            308       2    7.13
Walter Aguero       AM/ST      2021-Present            300      96    7.01
Stefano Tulino      D/DM/MRC   2019-Present            274      17    7.12
Juan Jose Godoy     GK         2023-2027               207       0    6.96
Mauricio Martin     D/DM/MC    2020-2027               187       9    6.96
Adem Ljajic         AMRLC      2019-2027               170      26    6.91
Nenad Arnautovic    MC         2025-Present            137      18    6.96
Sergio Real         ST         2024-Present            167      30    6.87
Celso               DM/MC      2025-Present            129       9    6.94
Philipp Egger       DC         2023-Present            125      16    7.15
Javier              AMR        2025-Present            124      10    6.93
Jose                D/WB/M/AML 2026-Present            118       1    6.95
Yohann Sallaberry   AMLC       2021-2028               117      10    7.01
Joaquin Arguelles   AM/ST      2025-Present            111      73    7.33

Next Season:

We'll probably have to be significantly better if we want to take the title again, as it's surely just a matter of time before one of Juve or Palermo get their behind in gear and punch out an 80+ point season. With this in mind, I'll set ourselves a points target of 80 for next season, along with finally winning the Italian Cup, and making the Semi Final of the Champions League again.

Forza Messina!

Hi everyone. I've been fairly absent recently, been away from home for Christmas/New Year so I've not read much what's been happening - I'm in the process of catching up.

Anyway, I'm suffering from a bit of lack of motivation when it comes to Pajara Playas, so I've decided to have a go at running a sign-up (my first) - it'd be great, if some of you wanted to sign-up.

The link is - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248665-The-failure-of-the-fit-and-proper-person-test-A-Sign-Up

Sorry for the shamless plug. Hope to see some of you over there. I'm hoping it'll be fun/interesting.

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2014/15

6th in Italian Serie B (pred: 17th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

It didn't start to good, but we had a great run of form in the middle of the season. We were 2nd and 3rd in the table for a good 10 games before we started dropping points again. The last part of the season was a bit nerve wrecking. We won one and was in 5th (playoff), and I though "we really have a shot at this. Then we lost one and was 8th all of a sudden and I thought "oh well, maybe next season". And that's how it went for a 11 games or so. Up and down, up and down. With 1 game left to play we were 7th, on equal points with several teams, but all of them had us on the "results between teams" rule. I figured at least one of them might drop points though, so a win should push us into playoff. We only managed a draw, but it was enough as one of the teams on equal points lost their game.

The playoffs saw us against Torino in the Semi Finals. We still hadn't beaten them yet in the league, but we'd never been outplayed by them either. At half time in the home game we were 2-0 up and looking really good. 11 minutes into the second half it was already 2-2. We managed to put one more away deep into injury time to make it 3-2, but I wasn't to optimistic about the return leg. We scored the first goal in the away leg as well, and it took Torino 81' minutes to get their equalizer. There was some nailbiting in the dying minutes, but we held on. And looking at the amount of big chances we created I think it was well deserved in the end.

The playoff Finals had us play Cesena who finished just above us in 5th place. Previous results against them was a narrow 2-1 loss and a 1-1 draw, so I was hoping for close games and a bit of luck. The home leg was a bit of an anticlimax as it just ran it's course with no goals from either side. It was probably a fair result. In the second leg Cesena dominated the possession and shots statistics, but both teams created big chances. They scored first, early in he second half, and I immediatly made some changes. Pecorini the substitute payed me back with a equalizer after 82' minutes and Andrea Romano made it 2-1 after 86'. We held on and we're promoted to the Serie A!!

Italian Cup (fixtures) - Barely made it to the 3rd Qual. Rnd, but never had a chance against Udinese.

The Players (squad ratings)

[b][u][color="#e67a07"]Preferred 1st eleven[/color][/u][/b]

[b]GK[/b] 	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p1.jpg"]Luca Nunziata[/url]
[b]DR[/b] 	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p2.jpg"]Giorgio Lauener[/url]
[b]DC[/b] 	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p3.jpg"]Lubos Sehnal[/url]
[b]DC[/b] 	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p4.jpg"]Mohammed Lamine Traore[/url]
[b]DL[/b] 	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p5.jpg"]Piotr Topolski[/url]
[b]DMC[/b]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p6.jpg"]Brian Christensen[/url]
[b]MC[/b]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p7.jpg"]Andrea Romano[/url]
[b]MC[/b]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p8.jpg"]Mael Vallet[/url]
[b]MC[/b]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p9.jpg"]Amato Ciciretti[/url]
[b]SC[/b]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p10.jpg"]Robin Smits[/url]
[b]SC[/b]	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4p11.jpg"]Didier Ntsama[/url]

Two central defenders were once again of our best performers, which shows in the league table as we had the best defensive record together with Brescia. Ntsama had a great first season to. If only his finishing ability could increase. A few players co-owned now. I'm not to worried though as I don't see to many of these players becoming top-half Serie A players anyways. Average age of our squad is now 21.

The Finances

We had a change of owners in the middle of the season. Nothing fancy. Gianluca Pegolo said he would invest £2.9M in new training facilities and consider my position. Then came back and said he wanted me to stay, but there'd be no training facilities. Same old, this is what happens every time I have a take-over. The money stayed though, so that's £2.9M pure profit. We're looking healthy.

The Top Level

Not sure what to think of this tbh. Teams are up and down the table from season to season. Inter hired their 6th manager so far. Palermo had a season out of this world, no one even remotely close to them. Milan hired Guardiola late in the season, will be interesting to see how he does.

AC Milan lost the Champions Cup final to Real Madrid. No other team did well. Inter lost to Man City in the EURO Cup Semi finals. The final was won by Man Utd on penalties.

The Future

We'll be getting a new stadium, although it'll take 2 years to build. It's well financed I think, not to worried about the loan. I assume the TV-money in the Serie A is quite good even if you end up bottom of the table. Hopefully we can attract some good talents and stay up.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	I-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]11/12[/b]	C2/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s1tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]12/13[/b]	C1/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s3tab.jpg"]11th[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4satab.jpg"]6th[/url]	3rd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted through playoffs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Italian Serie C1/A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]12/13[/url]

[b]Italian C1 Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2cupC1SC.jpg"]12/13[/url]

I don't think I've ever properly had a go at a CSE challenge before, and so I decided I would. After flipping a coin between this one and Gundo's I intend to have a go at playing this out in Portugal.

Just a quick note: Portugese reset date appears to be July 1st - not June 23rd as stated in the first post.

I'll be in and out of this one in between my career save, so probably wont even start properly for a few days yet

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portugese 2nd Division - North

Season 2011/12 - Initial analysis

Club Value: £140k

Media Prediction: 6th

Board Expectation: Respectable league position

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £2.80/£15

Squad Average Age: 30

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £2,538/£4,708

Bank Balance: £35,900

Transfer Budget: £0

The Players

The squad I've inherited is old. Extremely old. With an average age of 30, I could see that becoming a problem very quickly. That being said, quite a few of the players I have got are of pretty decent looking quality.

My 1st choice (and only) 'Keeper is 42 years old and also the goalkeeping coach. Definitely going to need to bring in someone to cover/replace him.

In defence I've got a centre back and a DRC that are both top-notch (4*+) and a left-back who seems capable enough, but again I've got absolutely no cover at all.

In midfield I'm looking at all my quality being piled up on the right-hand side. Got one holding player, then 2 AMC and 2 AMR that highly rated, but then nothing on the left at all.

In terms of the strikers, looks like I have 2 pretty good all-round forwards, but both are the wrong side of 30.

Sérgio Rebordão has been highlighted as my key man, and with those stats I could see him playing a great role as the holding man whilst also being perfectly capable of dropping into defence as well when needed

With absolutely 0 youth prospects on the team I will definitely have to look elsewhere for the first few seasons.

Everyone else in the squad looks like complete deadwood who I'll be looking to offload ASAP.

The Staff

I've been graced with and AssMan, 1 Player/GK Coach, 2 Physios and 2 Scouts. I'm allowed 1 AssMan, 2 Coaches, 1 Physio, 2 Scouts.

Could do with another coach, but otherwise I'm satisfied to keep the staff I have. Both scouts are half-decent and there's no point having less Physios than I already have :p

The Club

With only a 2.5k capacity ground I can't expect all that much to come in from gate reciepts. Having a youth academy - even with only basic facilities - gives me a lot of hope for the future and so maybe my ageing squad wont prove to be quite such a disaster. The chairman is already looking to step aside, which could certainly go either way. Ideally I'd love to get a foreign tycoon to come in, but realistically I'll be satisfied as long as it doesn't interfere with the building of my squad and I keep my job at the end of it.

Goals

• Obtain a mid-table finish
  • Bring in some youngsters for all positions - get average age to 27
  • Avoid going over £3.5k p/w salary total

Archived