Dynamic League Reputation - Where does it stop?

IIRC this licensing issue was resolved. All the leagues have dynamic TV revenue.

If that's true it's great news for the game! I just remember Miles posting something about it a while back, or it might have even been on a podcast.

For you guys wanting to manage in Africa, I'm sure I spotted someone from SI or a mod saying that some nationalities or leagues had it programmed so that players from certain countries wouldn't consider moving there.

The example I remember being used was English players not considering offers from clubs in South America.

iirc they said it was done to stop the AI from buying players from nations that realistically never move there. It had been questioned by some people due to the some serb's playing in Brazil (Petkovic from Flamengo?) but i can't remember if they said it had been sorted for FM11 or not?

Sorry I couldnt be of more help to elaborate, but it's definitely out there in a thread - just thought you non-european save guys ought to know.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what about two more situations:

1) You play a club in... ehm... Belarus, and Belarus wins the World Cup. Does the Belarus First League/second league/third league/etc reputation go up in this case ?

2) You play in Belarus, and clubs in your league manage to sign big name players... even if they are about to end their football career (let's say Henry, or Cannavaro.. or Beckham). Do the Belorussian leagues get a reputation increase ?

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what about two more situations:

1) You play a club in... ehm... Belarus, and Belarus wins the World Cup. Does the Belarus First League/second league/third league/etc reputation go up in this case ?

2) You play in Belarus, and clubs in your league manage to sign big name players... even if they are about to end their football career (let's say Henry, or Cannavaro.. or Beckham). Do the Belorussian leagues get a reputation increase ?

1) doubtfull, as the Belarus team will probably all play in another country.

2) Big signings don't raise league rep, league rep increase allows for big signings.

I always thought DLR should be driven by national team success as well as continental cup success...that would allow a league from Africa to eventually overtake a league from Europe, if their country won the World Cup 10 times running...but I haven't heard that to be the case.

One of the countries Miles said was hard-coded to prevent transfers was USA -=> Brazil...I presume that was because in testing, Brazil bought out what talent the MLS had...

The world cup shouldn't change the league in that nation in terms of reputation. Brazil has won the world cup many times but no one ever goes off to play in Brazil its all towards Europe mostly for financial reasons combined with that once a lot of players have moved the European competitions are bigger.

National team success though could improve the quality of young players coming through as more are willing to play the game and facilities improve which could in turn lead to the league becoming stronger assuming these players stayed in the league.

National team success though could improve the quality of young players coming through as more are willing to play the game and facilities improve which could in turn lead to the league becoming stronger assuming these players stayed in the league.

That's a very good idea, but I doubt it will be present in FM2011. It makes perfect sense to have better regens in countries with successful national team squads

One of the countries Miles said was hard-coded to prevent transfers was USA -=> Brazil...I presume that was because in testing, Brazil bought out what talent the MLS had...

There was a prob with brazil that teams used to buy too much foreign talent. SI then hard coded the league to not buy players from some countries.

Personally, I feel hardcoding isn't the way

Would be better to say a player needs to have more incentives (ie. favoured personal, higher wages, the fact that the league may now be a top league after DLR takes effect down the line)

Archived