All Australians wanting FM11 for a cheap price

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im in the outer west Pope, and thus far nothing has come. Im in the midst of exams aswell, Data Analytics for the Economy is quite boring indeed...

Be sure to keep me informed on when you get it.

LOL! Will do mate. I'm currently cramming for "The Economics of Financial Institutes" - tomorrow is the exam. Then I have ten days to cram for Adv. Macroeconomic Policy.

Ready to cut my wrists if I'm honest ;) The Ecos for FI's course had a lecture on Friday from 5-8pm... needless to say, I'm learning off the course notes exclusively!!!

On the home stretch though - last topic now... if FM11 were to come, it'd be perfect. :)

Unfortunately the Royal Mail- Australia little mishap is continuing. here is the excerpt from their site.

Due to unprecedented customer demand, airfreight capacity into Australia combined with restricted and finite airfreight capacity, delays of approximately 7-10 days are currently being experienced for mail posted to the Sydney and Melbourne areas, with slightly lesser delays to Perth and Brisbane.

I know the feeling Pope, Ive had 6-9pm lectures Friday both semesters this year (this current semester Thursday and Friday....). FM11 popping up tomorrow would be brilliant, although might distract me from my IT subject exams.

I paid full price at EB Games, that was before I came on this site. I sent my girlfriend to get it while I was at work so in reality it probably cost me closer $250 as I noticed she brought Black OPs & WoW: Catalyst on my credit card through Steam.

I prefer having the CD and playing it when I want rather than waiting a couple of weeks. With my gaming habits, I probably would have given up on FM11 before it arrived.

I only played FM10 for about a month, and gave up on that too. Only played a few time since.

Unfortunately the Royal Mail- Australia little mishap is continuing. here is the excerpt from their site.

I know the feeling Pope, Ive had 6-9pm lectures Friday both semesters this year (this current semester Thursday and Friday....). FM11 popping up tomorrow would be brilliant, although might distract me from my IT subject exams.

Oh, my first degree was bachelor of Information Systems! So glad to be done with I.T. ;)

If ozgameshop said 7-10 days, does that mean 7-10 + 7-10? :(

NOOOOOOooooo.

I thought the advantage of downloadable games was the ability to sell at a flat price. For steam users in the UK, I believe it costs 30GBP which is equivalent to 49AUD. For steam users in the US and the Australia, it costs 90USD which is equivalent to 92AUD. That's almost double the price for Australians which just seems a bit ridiculous. Anyone know why this is the case?

I thought the advantage of downloadable games was the ability to sell at a flat price. For steam users in the UK, I believe it costs 30GBP which is equivalent to 49AUD. For steam users in the US and the Australia, it costs 90USD which is equivalent to 92AUD. That's almost double the price for Australians which just seems a bit ridiculous. Anyone know why this is the case?

Regional pricing... monopoly, etc. There's no one undercutting them, so there's just no incentive to price any differently. Especially since the marginal cost is so low....

Oh, my first degree was bachelor of Information Systems! So glad to be done with I.T. ;)

If ozgameshop said 7-10 days, does that mean 7-10 + 7-10? :(

NOOOOOOooooo.

My 7+7 is today. So anytime between now and next Monday according to them. If it isn't here next Wednesday then it's the 21 days in which Royal Mail consider it lost so I'm going to look for a refund - I don't want to wait for another copy to be sent out. The demand is probably caused by the strong Aussie dollar - but I've never had a Royal Mail from the UK take so long before.

Just be aware guys two things about ozgameshop. Delivery timeframe is between 4-12 working days. And also that mail delay issue is still affecting UK,US and also HK mail.So expect delays.Ordered Nov 4th.Grin and bearing the wait lol

Don't get it from the hut either, they say it takes 3-5 working days, but when you contact them that's when they tell you international purchases take 15-20 working days. Don't mind the FM so much because I have a whole year to play it but everyone has almost finished black ops and I haven't even started. Ruining my holiday.

Speak of the devil it has arrived

Tumbleweeds in this part of Brissie, though if yours was sent out on the 3rd/4th, mine won't be too far away. (I bought mine from dvd.co.uk.)

Strange... fellow Brisbanite got mine on the 11th

riddled with errors though (transfers) so it's not too bad waiting

I don't care too much about the transfers - I want to play with the editor. :)

Not in todays mail.

My only annoyance is that the Royal Mail delays started after I ordered the game and before it was despatched. I probably would have cancelled if I'd known of the delays.

i feel for you guys

although it also makes me feel much better about just biting the bullet and getting the game from steam on release day

whats it been about 2 weeks? i make that about $3 - $4 per day for the pleasure of playing the game all this time

done and done!

Mail man just went past but didn't stop. And all of the package deliveries for our area are always first thing in the morning. :(

Feel ya pain, but at least I don't feel totally alone now....I'm getting delivered to work, and my fear was that the the mail sub-contractor who only speaks three words of English ("Hello", "Bye" & "Mail") has delivered to the wrong address.

Latest advice from Royal Mail:

Start date: 23rd November

End date: 24th November

With effect from 19:00 on 23/11/2010, the Transport Workers Union have called for a 24-hour strike by Australian air Express (AaE)

Postal services in Australia could be affected due to the inability to move mail by air via various ports.

Archived