FM11: Real Madrid Thread - The post Raúl era

batty1

i have started a real madrid save which is where i always begin with any new game:

Selling players was very hard failed to get rid off Diarra, Gago and Garay. But managed to get Lukaku (on loan) Coentrao (7m) and Muniain (10m) and Kevin (2m).

Results have been great only conceding goals in the champions league, got a 100 percent record in la liga.

realmadridcfrmadridfixt.th.png

Ronaldo has 15 goals in 11 games and Higuain 12 in 11.

Just started the month of November and the board have upped my transfer fund (without asking) from 10m to 47m!!!

will update when i can possible after january transfer window....

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't *have* to do that much apart from sign a left back but I like improving my team - players like Di Maria and Xabi Alonso (both of whom I really like IRL) couldn't get above a 7 average rating. The starting Madrid squad is quite thin in some respects too e.g. only two strikers, so definitely worth buying one as otherwise if you get an injury then you have no striker on the bench/to drop if he loses form.

Another point is that several of the starting players are on excessive wages e.g. Benzema is good but not £185k/week good (Babacar has come in for £36k/week), and Kaka isn't £195k/week good but actually slightly worse than Pastore who joined for £63k/week. My wage bill is actually smaller than at the start despite signing quite a few players. Gago was on £88k/week and not even good enough for the first team! You can then pump wage budget into transfer budget.

In fact I just voluntarily offered Higuain a pay increase from £77k to £105k/week even though he wasn't unhappy and had four years left on his contract: he was easily the worst-paid of my key players (others being Casillas, Chiellini, Pepe, De Rossi, Fabregas, Ronaldo) and it gives me pleasure to give him his due!

The wages seem ridiculous for Madrid and for Barca, i mean 185k pw for Benzema :O

How much is ronaldo on lol?

i have started a real madrid save which is where i always begin with any new game:

Selling players was very hard failed to get rid off Diarra, Gago and Garay. But managed to get Lukaku (on loan) Coentrao (7m) and Muniain (10m) and Kevin (2m).

Results have been great only conceding goals in the champions league, got a 100 percent record in la liga.

realmadridcfrmadridfixt.th.png

Ronaldo has 15 goals in 11 games and Higuain 12 in 11.

Just started the month of November and the board have upped my transfer fund (without asking) from 10m to 47m!!!

will update when i can possible after january transfer window....

Looks like your doing well so far mate keep it up

Ronaldo is totally worth it though, I have just offered him a new contract on £225k/week after he fell out with Karanka (assistant manager). He is just ridiculously good! It's my third season now and he's been slightly disappointing by his standards - average rating 7.6 with 20 goals and 18 assists from 40 matches! Season 1 and 2 he got 37 and 38 goals from 45 matches.

How actively is the AI using Özil and Khedira? They've been key members of my Bayern side in FM10, and I'd like to sign them again. Just afraid that it won't be possible..unless they get the same treatment as Robben, Sneijder, van der Vaart and the rest in real life :D

Ive signed khedira with liverpool in 3rd season for 5.5 mill

Yes buddy definetly offload those two, but it could be difficult tbh. I'd definetly look to get a left back (coentrao) and if you want to play a two striker formation, I'd buy one of them too :) Abel Hernandez off Palremo maybe.

Started my new Real Madrid save and only bought in two people so far. Paulo Henrique and Fabio Coentrao. Couldn't sell anyone, but shipped out a few on loan with the option to buy. Will try to offload them in the summer hopefully. Selling M. Diarra, Gago, Arbeloa and one or two others who's name escapes me.

Ronaldo and oddly enough, Di Maria are banging them in for fun. Higuain and Benzema are on rotation and Benzema looks to me as my main striker. He scored 4 in a 6-0 win against Rangers away in the CL.

Brought in a lot of new staff to improve my training, and it seems to be working. Really taken me a long time to settle on a save, and my 7 game unbeaten run so far is definately making me enjoy this one.

Main areas of the team that I want to improve is the defence, and a new DM to replace Alonso. For some reason, he just isn't as good in this game as I thought he'd be. Majority of my signings in the near future will be to add strength in depth.

Started my new Real Madrid save and only bought in two people so far. Paulo Henrique and Fabio Coentrao. Couldn't sell anyone, but shipped out a few on loan with the option to buy. Will try to offload them in the summer hopefully. Selling M. Diarra, Gago, Arbeloa and one or two others who's name escapes me.

Ronaldo and oddly enough, Di Maria are banging them in for fun. Higuain and Benzema are on rotation and Benzema looks to me as my main striker. He scored 4 in a 6-0 win against Rangers away in the CL.

Brought in a lot of new staff to improve my training, and it seems to be working. Really taken me a long time to settle on a save, and my 7 game unbeaten run so far is definately making me enjoy this one.

Main areas of the team that I want to improve is the defence, and a new DM to replace Alonso. For some reason, he just isn't as good in this game as I thought he'd be. Majority of my signings in the near future will be to add strength in depth.

Some good signings there, I really want to get rid of Alonso too hes not doing it for me.

Can anybody post their opinions on Khedira?

Im actually at AC Milan at the minute and have signed Khedira for a snip £3.6m and just wondering what position and role gets the best out of him?

I was thinking box to box maybe with support?

Thanks in advance.

Wish I could help mate, hes been appauling for me so I'm trying to offload him.

Khedira is just too slow for FM despite having awesome stats and being a great player IRL :-/ and his technical stats aren't good enough to play at the top level either (passing 11?!).

I have Busquets (signed on a free!) in that role instead and he's doing much better. Khedira is on a 6.9 at Bayern, same as he got at Madrid for me. My other CMs get about 7.3...

What new staff did you bring in mate? I have tried to get Ventrone and Di Salvo but they dont want to come to me.

Just started a new game with Real Madrid, got rid of Mamadou Diarra to Werder Bremen. Brought in Oliver Bierhoff as my assistant and purchased 3 youngsters: Kevin, Thorgan Hazard & Carlos a regen centre back from Malaga with 4 star potential. Unfortunately days before the season opener Casillas, Dudek and Adan all got injured for about a month each so I am having to use keepers from the under 19s.

I actually let him go for free to Werder Bremen as noone would bid anything more, just wanted rid of him. We got through the keeper crisis with it only costing points in 2 games so it wasn't too bad. Just got given £35mil extra transfer funds so I will be looking for a left back, Coentrao would of been first choice but he has just moved to Bayern so I will have to look for other options.

What do people find the best settings are for the wingers as I am playing a 4-2-3-1 at the momet I have Ronaldo and Di Maria on the left and right wings respectively, and I have both of them set as Inside Forwards, is this going to get the best out of them do you think?

Yes I would think that would work very well indeed

No one playing as Real Madrid? Well wanted a bit of fun and wanted my team to bang in goals and see the opposite team suffer so started with Madrid :D

SEASON 1

INs:

Fabio Coentrao : £5.5M

Vaclav Kadlec : £1M

No major outs, only fringe players out on frees. Did try to sell M Diarra but he got himself injured and scuppered my intentions. Also no one wanted to buy Dudek so kept him but will let him go on a free this season. Brought in Kadlec as I wanted to play with two strikers and found him to be a cheap, good and young option.

All in all it was a successful season for me.

La Liga

Barcelona were not themselves at the beginning of the season losing a few. The gap that I built during that time remained and won comfortably in the end. In fact Atletico finished second on the back of Forlan's goals (The guy has 54 goals in 53 :eek:). Here's the screenshot of the league table:

http://yfrog.com/n2ligabbvainformationleagp

Spanish Cup

Proceeded comfortably through the preliminary stages. Also Barcelona were defeated by Murcia so that made it easier. Met Atletico in the finals and defeated them 3-2.

Champions League

I won this too and comfortably as well. Tbh is was the easiest run that I have faced in all my games up till now.

Group Phase : Chelsea, Madrid, Sampdoria, Twente

First Qualifying Round : Benfica 3-0 away, 3-0 home

Quarter Finals : Tottenham 2-3 away loss, 3-0 home

Semis Finals : Man United 2-2 away, 1-1 home

Finals : Panathinaikos :p Benzema hattrick won 4-1

Player Performances:

Goals:

Higuain - 43 in 51(3)

Ronaldo - 35 in 51(1)

Benzema - 18 in 28(13)

Khedira - 15 in 40(1)

Di Maria - 15 in 38(11)

Kadlec - 8 in 6(18)

Carvalho - 8 in 46(2)

Assists:

Higuain - 21

Ronaldo - 18

Ozil - 14

Di Maria - 14

Benzema -14

Coentrao - 11

Motm's

Ronaldo - 11

Higuain - 8

Di Maria - 6

Future Plans:

1. Reduce wage plan.

2. Get two good players for each position

3. Already bringing in Criscito and Kevin.

Thank You for reading :)

Fantastic season mate, yeah I'm sure you hold most of the records :p Just installed windows 7 so I'll be starting with them again tomorrow probably.

Started yet? Bit lonely out here.... it's a good thing I have 2 other saves running but nothing like steam rolling teams with RM. Too easy for people out here it seems...

• 2 weeks later...

SEASON 2

Transfers

Major Ins:

Kevin - £2.1M

Domenico Criscito - £8.75M

Marek Hamsik - £10.75M

Sergio Asenjo - £2.9M

Total - £32.5M (Rest spent on regens)

Major Outs:

Jerzy Dudek - Free

Mahamadou Diarra - Free

Fernando Gago - £9.75M

Esteban Granero - £12.75M

Royston Drenthe - £4.1M

Antonio Adan - £1.3M

Lassana Diarra - £14.5M

Total - £42.5M

La Liga -

Had an awesome season this time around. Won comfortably with 35 wins and 3 draws. Won against Barcelona both home and away although the away leg was closely contested and we were very fortunate to have won that 3-2 after trailing 2-0 at half time. Scored 132 and shipped only 19 goals. Here's the league table

p><p>So an awesome season came to an end

<a  href=http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4069/realmadridcfrmadridplay.png' alt='realmadridcfrmadridplay.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Future:

Have already offloaded some players. Marcelo has gone for £16.75M to Man City while Garay was sold to Atletico £12M. Xabi Alonso was also sold to Man City for £13.75M. Will play some other save for a while though. Also swept most of the awards so no point mentioning them. Some screenshots of the players follow in the next post.

EDIT: Have also brought in Andrea Poli in for £12M

As I had mentioned I used 3 tactics overall depending upon the opposition. One was the traditional 4-4-2 where I generally played Ronaldo as advanced forward and Higuain as poacher. The second was a 4-2-3-1 where Ronaldo was used aa AMR cutting inside and Higuain again as advanced forward/poacher. The third and the most often used tactic was an attacking 4-4-2 with 2 strikers and 2 inside forwards. Ronaldo played at AMR position cutting inside and Higuain again as the poacher.

pls help me I'm in bit problem here .. cant decide how to release .. higuian or benzema .. ?

i'm playing 4-2-3-1 ... higuian is my main guy with amazing 44 game and 42 goals last season .. and benz as sub for him ..

during this season higuian get seriously injured so i but benz as my lone striker and he did very very will almost a goal per game ..

i know when higuin return and totly fit and back to team .. benz will get angry for returning back to sub .. if hiuguin in the sub.. he will get angry

i want to train morata ,, i like this guy .. but i don't he will have the chance to play in first time with these two ,, both still young (23y) and have years to play .. both almost the same in every aspect

what I've planed to ..

1- release one of them ..

2- signed old lone striker maybe 28-29 y to help me for 2-3 years

3- train morata + some amazing striker in my castiila ..

so .. any idea ?

thx and sorry for my poor English :)

Well if I was you, then I would play both of them and change the tactic to accommodate both because both of them are extremely good, are different from each other and at least in my game complement each other well.

If you are hell bent on releasing one player then Benz would be the guy because however good he may be, the guy is on insane wages. So just see an opportune time and offer him to clubs. If you are lucky then you should get a sizeable bid for him. Although it's more likely that you may have to pay a part of his wages even after he is transferred. If you are willing to release him get on a free then there's a trick that I read off somewhere. If you can get a player to be really unhappy at you then he is more likely to accept mutual termination.

• 2 weeks later...

Why can't I get young British players at the start of the game? I made offer for Rodwell, Phil Jones and Bale but can get neither of them as they are not interested in negotiating a contract with me even though my offer for them got accepted. However I can get very young British like Connor Wickham and Butland. Can I get Rodwell, Phil Jones and Bale during the January transfer window?

A 4-2-3-1 could work well. From experience I would say if you play Xabi Alonso as a deep lying playmaker and Khedira as a ball winning midfielder it would give good results. I play Ronaldo as a winger with attack duty only with cuts inside instead of hugs touchline. It seems to work well enough. Also Ronaldo will score 1 goal from freekicks every 2-3 matches so let him take them. I play with two strikers and he does very well as an advanced forward too. Personally though I believe that in this version of FM 2 strikers work better than a single one. I have never been very good at tactics but that's a bit of input from my side.

A fervent plea from my side would be to post regularly in here as it would make it fun for me.. playing the game that is. :)

Why can't I get young British players at the start of the game? I made offer for Rodwell, Phil Jones and Bale but can get neither of them as they are not interested in negotiating a contract with me even though my offer for them got accepted. However I can get very young British like Connor Wickham and Butland. Can I get Rodwell, Phil Jones and Bale during the January transfer window?

I have never felt the need to get in English players but I have found that English players are a bit reluctant to move to Spain. When you posted this I went and scouted Phil Jones on my game and sure enough he is unwilling to join Madrid which is a big surprise as I am already in my third season and let's face it who would refuse a move to Madrid in real life. Anyhow the only way forward I think is to praise the players enough so that they become willing to play for you and that way you can then buy them for cheaper and they will become unsettled as well.

Archived