FM11: Real Madrid Thread - The post Raúl era

batty1

In my pre-season. Cancelled all my friendlies and arranged two tours - one of Japan and one of Hong Kong. This was to generate some extra revenue and boost morale. My signings:

In:

Alphonse Areola

Fabio Coentrao

Danny da Costa

Kevin

Lucas Digne

Tobias Figereido

Lucas

Crisiteg

Out:

Gago 7.5 million to Man City

I'm also taking control of my U-19 team to further develop my prospects. Once they're ready for Castilla, I'll likely take control of them too :) Looking forward to getting my season underway

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far I have signed Enyeama, and I have signed Dentinho on loan also a AML/AMR from Corinthians. Also I wondered if Adebayor is worth buying at some stage during the loan for £13m? I have never played with him, but in other games he has got quite a few goals, although he will be on the bench as Higuain and Benzema will be my first choice strikers. Anywhere else in the team need to be strengthed do you think? Thanks for your help batty1 :)

No worries mate :) Tbh I terminated Adebayor's loan as I wanted to free up his wages and if you wanted too you could offload Pepe (who always seems to get sent off for me) and Garay (just plain crap imo) and bring in a couple of younger Centre Havles, (Sakho if you can afford and maybe Phil Jones)

In my pre-season. Cancelled all my friendlies and arranged two tours - one of Japan and one of Hong Kong. This was to generate some extra revenue and boost morale. My signings:

In:

Alphonse Areola

Fabio Coentrao

Danny da Costa

Kevin

Lucas Digne

Tobias Figereido

Lucas

Crisiteg

Out:

Gago 7.5 million to Man City

I'm also taking control of my U-19 team to further develop my prospects. Once they're ready for Castilla, I'll likely take control of them too :) Looking forward to getting my season underway

Nice transfers there Prowl, good luck buddy!

Started my first Real Madrid save on Fm11 last night, having a solid start winning the first 5 league games and first champions league game.

Bought:

Moussa Sissoko 13million over 36 months

Lucas - Sao Paulo (not sure if hes known or not but got 4.5 star potential so i couldnt say no)

Sold:

Lass Diarra - 11million to Zenit

Minimal transfer dealings but i think the squad is really strong as it is. Will look to off load Gago in Jan or next summer, hopefully city will come with a nice offer.

Starting 11 at the moment-

--------------------------------------------Iker

Sergio -------------- Carvalho -------------Pepe ------------------ Marcelo

------------------------ Xabi Alonso ------- Sissoko

Ronaldo ---------------------- Ozil ------------------------ Di Maria

------------------------------- Higuain

What do people do with Kaka when he comes back? Is he a top player in the game?

And Benzema, do you guys use him? He is still injured for me, but i prefer him to Higuain and Adebayor is the most over paid bench warmer, need to get a replacement for him and get him back to city.

I terminated Adebayor's loan I just don't like him tbh and I always use Higuain as my main ST, he would be wasted on the bench if there too often. Maybe send Adebayor back to city and blood in a youngster like Jese from the youth squad. Nice price for Lass btw.

I wanted to terminate it too, but i couldnt get a suitable replacement in for the money i have just now and i want 3 first team strikers to rotate a little bit. Im looking at lukaku for January or the summer and then i can give Adebayor the boot, but for now he's with me on that ridiculous wage until Jan at least.

I kept Adebayor, but will likely terminate the loan when Benzema recovers from his injury. I'm playing my U-19 matches right now which is taking up more time than I thought. However, I hope that will help the development of my prospects as I mainly focused on signing prospects instead of established stars

My current team:

GK: Casillas, Dudek, Adan

DR: Ramos, Arbeloa

DC: Pepe, Garay

DC: Carvalho, Albiol, Varane

DL: Marcelo, Coentrao

MCR: Khedira, Diarra

MCL: Alonso, Granero

AMR: Ronaldo, Leon

AMC: Ozil, Canales

AML: Di Maria, Sarabia

FC: Higuain, Benzema, Adebayor

A strong team and as I said, I'm working on my U19 team to turn my prospects into football's next great superstars (and homegrown too)

Does that actually work?

does anyone find that you completely dominate games, loads of shots at goal, on and off target but you only score 2, maybe 3 goals?

my last game last night i drew 1-1 with bilbao, had about 30 shots on goal, maybe 20 on target, they had 2, 1 on target, goal. So frustrating.

does anyone find that you completely dominate games, loads of shots at goal, on and off target but you only score 2, maybe 3 goals?

my last game last night i drew 1-1 with bilbao, had about 30 shots on goal, maybe 20 on target, they had 2, 1 on target, goal. So frustrating.

How many long shots did the players attempt and how many CCCs did you create?

i changed all the midfielders to rarely take long shots, has helps loads, i highly recommend it if you have the same problem i had. Starting scoring 5, 6, 7, goals a game now, beat valencia 7-0, was great!

Got to the Jan window also, few changes:

In:

Young DR from dinamo, dont remember his name

Arturo Vidal

Lukaku

Out:

Gago

Adebayor (off the wage bill finally)

Canales(on loan to chelsea for some games, now that Kaka is fit he would be 3rd choice)

And ive signed Santon on a free, coming in the summer along with M'Vila - when he comes ill try to offload Khedira and then my central midfield will be set for years with:

Xabi, Sissoko, Vidal, M'Vila - im liking the look of that, never played with Vidal or M'Vila before.

Any tips or advice on what to do with Garay and Albiol? they are great back up players, but im not sure they will make it to become first choice when Carvalho starts to decline. I usually play them in cup games and they are good enough squad players.

Happy to say that I started off my season with a 5-0 thrashing of Mallorca. Raphael Varane, starting in place of Carvallho, bagged a brace along with Higuain. I've managed 3 games with my U-19 squad and they are mowing down teams like a hot knife through butter.

My best youth players appear to be Digne, Sarabia, Mota, and da Costa. It's taking longer to get through the season, but I'm really enjoying managing the youth players - especially when I raided other teams for the best prospects.

managed to collect the treble over the weekend, beating barca in the cup final and inter in the CL final, great first season.

Ive signed M'Vila and Santon for the 1st team and Eden Hazard and Paulo Henrique are coming next season, im also trying to get a deal with Neymar done to come next season too. Then ill be looking to offload Pedro Leon and Kaka, plus maybe Granero.

Has anybody signed Chiellini for Real yet? he looks amazing but my scout says they would want around 44 million

That is a solid season bud :) I thought about Chiellini, but Varane's relatively strong play and development has thrust him ahead of Garay and Albiol. Pepe is very solid though.

I actually don't mind Pedo Leon. He's good at set pieces and can score the odd cracker. Not a bad squad player.

Hey guys, I'm in the closing months of my 3rd season at the helm of Real Madrid and I got an interesting draw for the CL semi final. Looks like Manchester and Madrid ought to start preparing for the mayhem now!

Derby.jpg

I suppose whoever advances is representing their league and city.

That is a solid season bud :) I thought about Chiellini, but Varane's relatively strong play and development has thrust him ahead of Garay and Albiol. Pepe is very solid though.

I actually don't mind Pedo Leon. He's good at set pieces and can score the odd cracker. Not a bad squad player.

Do you have a screenshot of Varane a couple of seasons in then?

Great first season JStein I've had Chiellini with Real on a previous patch, he was a rock and well worth the money I paid for him. Alternatively you might want to look at Thiago Silva.

Thank batty1! Thiago Silva ive been looking at too, along with Vidic. Only thing against Vidic is his age, Chiellini and Silva are just that bit younger which makes a difference to me.

Thanks - Garay will be sold, he looks decent, just will never make it as a starter. Pepe is an absolute beast for me, never played with him before, but he is fantastic!

And Pedro Leon, i dont mind him at all either, great squad player, i just think getting Hazard, Paulo Henrique and Neymar might really limit his first team chances.

Hey guys, I'm in the closing months of my 3rd season at the helm of Real Madrid and I got an interesting draw for the CL semi final. Looks like Manchester and Madrid ought to start preparing for the mayhem now!

Derby.jpg

I suppose whoever advances is representing their league and city.

Looks like your doing well mate, KIU and make sure you beat Atletico. It almost looks like a fixed draw to me.

I bet Atletico while Man Utd. beat Man City. I ended up winning the league by 20 something points and beat Man Utd. in the CL final 4-1 to do the double! I was quite satisfied as it was my first time winning the competition after being so close the first season where I lost to Chelsea in the final 1-3. Also, I was able to send Sir Alex packing with a defeat in his final game as Man Utd. manager :D

DECISIONS DECISIONS - I'm just starting my 3rd season (vers 11.3) with Real Madrid having won the Spanish League on both occasions, however struggling to get past the Champions League quarter-final stages.

My team consists of Casillas Ramos Albiol Pepe Lahm Alonso Schweinsteiger Khadira DiMaria Ronaldo Higuain.......subs Adan Arbeloa Carvalho Ozil Leon Benzema Cardozo

other squad players Kevin Marcelo. I have just signed Paulo Henrique as (AMC) decided I needed to offload Kaka age30 to Chelsea on £1.5M loan with £14.25M fee to make the deal permanent, Kaka was only a bit part player for the last 2 seasons also Canales has just been sold for £10.25M with add ons.

I have 4 different tactics which I regularly change to keep the squad on their toes & happy. I need a better centre-half instead of either Albiol or Pepe, Carvalho is now on a 1yr contract as backup due to his age (he is happy). Would be happy to carry on this season with same squad if 2 centre-halfs get injured Ramos can provide cover aswell. But I have £90M to spend. Here is my dilemma do I buy Chiellini for £70M with add ons, or Sakho £22.5M & Thiago Silva £40M ??? Get 2 for the price of one ? Problems I will get by having 2 is how do I keep 4 centre-halfs happy + Carvalho ?

I have also brought in Raphael Varane on loan just incase one of the deals falls through before the transfer window shuts. In the last 2 seasons loaned in Raphael & Insua to cover both full-backs, this time loaned in Jerome Boateng who can cover various defending roles.

What would you do ?

personally i would get the 2 DC's (Silva and Sakho) instead of paying that much for chiellini, however awesome he looks. In my game Pepe is my best defender, the guy is everywhere, I would keep him starting always when he's fit.

Do you not use Ozil much? He was one of my best players in my first season when i won the treble, he's fantastic.

He seems to miss quite a few due to his "shoots with power" PPM. He'll end up blasting it off target. I tried to get him to unlearn it in my first season, but he was unsuccessful and was unwilling to try again.

I've never been able to sign anyone from a rival club, including Messi or Aguero. I haven't been able to lure them away with massive transfer fees or praising them.

I'm going into my 4th season with R. Madrid playing a 4-3-2-1 and my squad is as follows:

GK: Casillas, Gaston Perez (Wonderkid regen)

RB: Sergio Ramos, Azpilicueta

DC: Raul Albiol, Galeano

DC: David Luiz, Garay

LB: Coentrao, Marcelo

MCR: Cambiasso, Sando

MCL: Xabi Alonso, Zimmerman (Wonderkid regen)

AMR: C. Ronaldo, Leon

AMC: Kroos, Pjanic

AML: Neymar, Di Maria

ST: Higauin, Dzeko, Lucas (Wonderkid regen)

I haven't really hit the transfer market too hard until recently where I had to purchase Azpilicueta for £29m since I didn't have a RB for a backup nor did I have a prospect for the future.

I have been incredibly lucky in getting most of my young stars for extremely cheap: Luiz and Pjanic for £6m, Kroos for £7m and Dzeko on a free. This has allowed me to become a financial juggernaut with £291m in the bank and the club being valued at £1.15bn

All-in-all I would say I'm incredibly happy and surprised with how this save has gone/been going.

No, I'm on 11.2. I had started the save some time ago and picked it up recently after becoming bored with my Chelsea save. I'd imagine that some of those signings would be a bit of a stretch on 11.3 due to some of the players transferring to more "prolific" clubs (Luiz, Dzeko). Who knows though, crazier things have happened on this game!

has anybody signed Tevez for Real? I got offered him for 25 million last night, went through the contract negotiations just to see what he was after, 205k a week and some serious add-ons, huge money, although a very good player. I ended up delaying the deal and then cancelling it as I have Higuain, Benzema and Lukaku fighting for 1 spot, but I was wondering if anybody has signed him, because he looks like he could do some serious damage... I might go back in for him in the summer.

Oscar Cardozo (Benfica) does a very good job as cover for both Higuain & Benzema, I tend to play one lone striker with Di Maria & Ronaldo as AML & AMR respectively also get them to swap sides during the match it confuses the opposition. If i'm playing weak opposition at home or Copa Del Rey I play 2 strikers one as target man and other set to poacher. Try and utilise your squad it keeps everone happy. The only unhappy players I have is from Castillo and reserve squads asking for new contracts when they have rubbish stats.

jstein1967

I never really liked playing Tevez alone up front. He's always been wonderful for me with 2 up front playing as a Complete Forward - Support. Also, I've never spent that much on a player's wages, with the exception of C. Ronaldo. I just can't bring myself to do it. If you do end up getting him I would sell off Benzema to recoup some of that cash and loan out Lukaku, unless you have an alternate formation with two strikers in it. Then you could hang on to all of them.

I decided against getting Tevez, like you I dont want to pay those wages, would rather get younger prospects in and build them up. Ive kept Lukaku as 2nd/3rd choice with Benzema. I like having 3 ST for my squad in case of injuries.

This 25 man squad is giving me a bit of bother now though, have had to start loaning and selling squad players to get down to the 25.

I bought Bruno Alves as Carvalho's replacement, 15 million over 3 years. Chiellini and Thiago Silva were just way too expensive, talking 70million plus! crazy. Im trying to get a deal with Liverpool for Danny Wilson for next season, he looks like a good long term signing, perfect age but they are wanting some serious cash for him. Also looking at Neymar but im not sure where he would fit in with the 25 size restrictions, so i might have to leave that one for now.

im playing as real in a network game but im struggling to find a suitable role for khedira. can anyone help? im playing a 4-2-3-1 formation. the two central midfielders are central and NOT in the DMC position. diarra and alonso seem to be fine playing there but khedira is struggling for form.

ive also just signed marouane fellaini from everton and i was wondering what role people would suggest for him with my formation. thanks.

my tactic

RealMadridCFRMadrid_Tactics.png

khedira

SamiKhediraProfile_Attributes.png

fellaini

MarouaneFellainiProfile_Attributes.png

he looks a good ball winner or box-to-box player I think. What are his PPM's?

I would also suggest the same for Fellaini but depends on his as well.

Otherwise try CM auto.

fellainis prefered moves are- gets into opposition area

argues with officials (!)

tackling could be better for a ball winner. as for box to box his acceleration lets him down.

khediras are- gets forward whenever possible

plays short simple passes

shoots with power

arrives late in opponents area

his dribbling, acceleration, passing and first touch are a bit low for box to box. ball winner maybe best for him but still not sure.

as for both as central midfielders auto, they both have excellent stamina and the description for CM role reads "tends to lack the stamina, vision and drive to perform more than one simultaneously". that puts me off giving them that role.

Neither of them are playmakers at all. If it was me using them then Khedira as a CM auto or defend. Either that or you will have to drop him back to DM and use him there. The arrives late into opponest area is pretty much set for any B2B midfielder.

Although Fellaini doesnt have the tackling, his aggression, off the ball, determination, bravery, positioning and concentration are all good for a ball winner so he will definately do a solid job.

masticator - khedira is a back up for me, but i use him in the same formation as you, in the MC position as a ball winner, set to defend. He does a solid job in that position whenever i play him. I find in that formation (for me anyway) that the 2 MC's rarely excel in a game, but they do the 'dirty' work for the attacking 4 players and thats exactly what i want from them, so its not always about average ratings sometimes.

Ive also started to try and get khedira trained into a DC, i think he might have potential there instead of Garay, but the training doesnt seem to be doing much yet.

I lost iker for 6 weeks last night and lost the first game with Adan in goal, first loss in 48 league games, so annoying! Really need a better back up, they had 2 shots on target, 2 goals. Should haven beaten them anyway with the chances i had but oh well. Gonna be a long 6 weeks...

Who do you guys have as your back up keepers? I just signed a young brazilian regen with 4.5 potential after i saw Adan wasnt up to it. I currently have Adan and Boruc, was really hoping not to have to use them much though..

Vincent Enyeama, Alex Smithies, Luis Guilherme, Renan, Jack Butland, Guilhermo Ochoa, Sergio Romero, Aerola, Asmir Begovic.

Any of them would do a good job for a lot of years!!! :thup:

Begovic, Romero & Ochoa are class. Romero especially. Guilherme turns out brilliant & so does Smithies. Thats your best options for a back-up. Especially when you need to consider that better players wont be happy with sitting on the bench constantly.

The only players you can look at signing who are at the same level as Iker is Adler, Reina, Neuer ect & that will cost you atleast £20m+.

Begovic, Romero & Ochoa are class. Romero especially. Guilherme turns out brilliant & so does Smithies. Thats your best options for a back-up. Especially when you need to consider that better players wont be happy with sitting on the bench constantly.

The only players you can look at signing who are at the same level as Iker is Adler, Reina, Neuer ect & that will cost you atleast £20m+.

after a couple seasons of that TV money what's 20m+ for real?? :)

Seems a bit silly to spend £20m on a keeper to just challenge Iker to no.1 I think. Might as well get a strong back-up to develop under him & then when he is nearing the end sign someone class. Just my opinion though.

That would never happen IRL ... Zenit are the most racist team in the world, but still well done on getting rid of him :)

They should be banned for the racist abuse they give, although it aint the players thought. Surprisingly enough I think they were linked with Sissoko irl

Archived