FM11: Real Madrid Thread - The post Raúl era

batty1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got offered the Madrid job in June 2012 after leading Sheffield Wednesday to two promotions in two years. Jose had moved to Man Utd after SAF retired, and I was offered the job under £40k wages. Originally the transfer budget was £133m and wage budget was £2.2m p/w.

The side is generally the same as it is at the start of the game, apart from the majority of the unneeded youth being released on frees or sold. Real Madrid haven't challenged Barcelona at all, finishing 6 points behind them in the first season then 14 points behind last season. This calls for a rearrangement of the squad.

My main aim, though, is to start producing youth that can be sold on for millions if they are surplus to requirements. This year's youth intake was abysmal, with only one player having a three star potential or above. So far, i've brought in £18.25m worth of youth and I hope to expand that too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure where to ask this, but either way, I managed to sign Higuain for £3.5m from Madrid, joining 1st July 2011. Anyone else signed him for this little? He was injured for 3-5 months, and got moved to the reserves, so yeah, this would have impacted, but just wondering if anyone else has been this lucky..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived