FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

YES! Champs League group (of which mine is by far the toughest - consisting of Lyon and AC Mlian) has just opened up! 3 games gone, and me and Lyon are both 6 points and the other 2 are 3 points - I just beat AC Milan 2-0 at home and Locomotiv just beat Lyon 1-0!! GET IN! I just need to win against AC Milan and Locomotiv again - that is, if I lose against Lyon but that would be the last game of the group for me since I played them first.

And on top of that, I got £2m from gate receipts just coz of that match :D

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just won the Fa cup beating Chelsea 2-0 in the final now the champions league final :D

sitting in work now and waiting to see how you did in the CL final before going for lunch!

sitting in work now and waiting to see how you did in the CL final before going for lunch!

Awwwwww friendships :)

Come on glenn. Bring the trophy back to Anfield!!!

Just lost 2-1 to the gunners in the champions league final :( but happy winning both the Carling & Fa cups goals for next season is to win both the league & Champions league :D

Good season overall glenn :thup::)

Better luck for next season. A few big signings & focus all on the 2 major trophies & hopefully they will be back in the Anfield trophy cabinet!!!

Just lost 2-1 to the gunners in the champions league final :( but happy winning both the Carling & Fa cups goals for next season is to win both the league & Champions league :D

Unlucky about the CL Final but congrats for domestic cups :)

Good season overall glenn :thup::)

Better luck for next season. A few big signings & focus all on the 2 major trophies & hopefully they will be back in the Anfield trophy cabinet!!!

Thank you im gonna try to get 2 or 3 big signings for next season as my main goals are the league & champions league. :)

unlucky mate. still a great season, cup double, CL runners up and runners up in the pl

unlucky mate. still a great season, cup double, CL runners up and runners up in the pl
Thanks mate gonna sign players just for the league & CL in season 6 hope i can end Man citys 2 year run at the top on that note im off to bed cya lads good luck in your games :thup:

Thanks mate gonna sign players just for the league & CL in season 6 hope i can end Man citys 2 year run at the top on that note im off to bed cya lads good luck in your games :thup:

Any idea's on where you need to strengthen? Do you listen to you Ass Man team Report?

Night

Season 2 Review 2011/12:

Last season I finished second in the league 3 points behind eventual winners Chelsea. I also won the FA Cup. This season my aim was to win the league and progress well within the Champions League and possibly win a domestic cup. 2 of those aims got completed.

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-4.png

LiverpoolTransfers_History.png

LiverpoolLiverpool_Players.png

Last season I realised I was dropping too many silly points so decided to spend big on Hulk and Hamsik. They both gave me what I needed and had really good seasons. Suárez didn't play as much as I would have liked as he was out for 3 months after tearing a calf muscle. Carroll and Hulk stepped up though with the goals and the midfielders helped out a lot. I posted yesterday how the title race was going. I managed to win my game in hand against Everton just and never looked back from there. We won the league title with a game to spare after Arsenal lost to Brum. This left me to put in a few kids for the last match which I relegated Cardiff who were one of only 3 teams who beat me this season. Aim one complete and a 19th record title.

In the League Cup last year I lost out to Chelsea in the quarter finals. The run this year was fairly hard really. The third round we had to work hard to beat West Ham away 2-0 who finished 6th season. The fourth round in came Man City and they took us to penalties. Smithies though made some great saves and we got through. The quarter finals the draw saw us pitted at home against Scumchester United. agger stupidly got sent off in the 64th minute and we was a bit fortunate to get to extra time. Hulk rescued us though and we were in the semi finals. Birmingham were our opponents but we won 2-1 both home and away. League One Middlesborough faced us in the final and were no match for us and we ran out 3-0 comfortable winners. Aim 2 complete.

We were the holders of the FA Cup and were looking to retain it. Oxford and Southampton were comfortable opponents in Round 3 and 4. Sunderland were very tricky opponents in the Fifth Round and took us to a replay back to Anfield and it took a last minute header from Carragher to put us through. The Sixth Round saw us face Man City for the fourth time this season this time though with Rafa Benitez in charge. It was close but Suarez won it 1-0 for us in Manchester to take us to Wembley on his return from injury. Once again we had to face Man U but it was easier than I thought it would be and we went through to the final with a 3-0 win. Only Burnley could stop us retaining the trophy but they couldn't and a 2-0 win saw us once again with the FA Cup. Aim 2 complete again.

Liverpool return to the Champions League and were handed a group of Athletico Madrid, Sampdoria and Sparta Prague. I've never enjoyed playing Madrid and expected a tough battle for top spot. We qualified with 2 games left and allowed me to put a few youngsters out for the last two games. They did me proud and gave us a 100% record in Group E. The First Knockout Round saw us drawn against tricky opponents Fenerbache. A 1-1 draw away from home gave us a platform for the second leg. A poor performance though and silly defending saw us lose 2-1 and we were out. Aim 3 failed.

Overall i'm happy with how the season has gone. I'd like to cut out the draws though. I'm really disappointed with the Champions League though. Next season I don't think I will change much. Maybe sell Skrtel and get a new centre back in. Aurelio is retiring so Robinson is no 2 left back now and will get quite a few games next season. Kuyt and Cole maybe in their last season so I may look for a young right winger.

Aims for next season:

Retain Premier League

Get further in Champions League

Develop Youngsters more

Alright lads finally getting an hr on me save anyway it's my last night shift tonight then I have the weekend off :D

Thanks mate got to the final on my 1st attempt

That's what happened with me my first season I got back in to the champions league I got to the final where i beat Lyon 2-0

At. Madrid had a major investment - bought Suarez from me for £25m and have spent £83m in summer 2012 window AND £83m in the 2013 summer window!!!!!!

They did that on mine but signed Tevez, Mertesacker etc

Unlucky mate

Season 2 Review 2011/12:

Last season I finished second in the league 3 points behind eventual winners Chelsea. I also won the FA Cup. This season my aim was to win the league and progress well within the Champions League and possibly win a domestic cup. 2 of those aims got completed.

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable-4.png

LiverpoolTransfers_History.png

LiverpoolLiverpool_Players.png

Last season I realised I was dropping too many silly points so decided to spend big on Hulk and Hamsik. They both gave me what I needed and had really good seasons. Suárez didn't play as much as I would have liked as he was out for 3 months after tearing a calf muscle. Carroll and Hulk stepped up though with the goals and the midfielders helped out a lot. I posted yesterday how the title race was going. I managed to win my game in hand against Everton just and never looked back from there. We won the league title with a game to spare after Arsenal lost to Brum. This left me to put in a few kids for the last match which I relegated Cardiff who were one of only 3 teams who beat me this season. Aim one complete and a 19th record title.

In the League Cup last year I lost out to Chelsea in the quarter finals. The run this year was fairly hard really. The third round we had to work hard to beat West Ham away 2-0 who finished 6th season. The fourth round in came Man City and they took us to penalties. Smithies though made some great saves and we got through. The quarter finals the draw saw us pitted at home against Scumchester United. agger stupidly got sent off in the 64th minute and we was a bit fortunate to get to extra time. Hulk rescued us though and we were in the semi finals. Birmingham were our opponents but we won 2-1 both home and away. League One Middlesborough faced us in the final and were no match for us and we ran out 3-0 comfortable winners. Aim 2 complete.

We were the holders of the FA Cup and were looking to retain it. Oxford and Southampton were comfortable opponents in Round 3 and 4. Sunderland were very tricky opponents in the Fifth Round and took us to a replay back to Anfield and it took a last minute header from Carragher to put us through. The Sixth Round saw us face Man City for the fourth time this season this time though with Rafa Benitez in charge. It was close but Suarez won it 1-0 for us in Manchester to take us to Wembley on his return from injury. Once again we had to face Man U but it was easier than I thought it would be and we went through to the final with a 3-0 win. Only Burnley could stop us retaining the trophy but they couldn't and a 2-0 win saw us once again with the FA Cup. Aim 2 complete again.

Liverpool return to the Champions League and were handed a group of Athletico Madrid, Sampdoria and Sparta Prague. I've never enjoyed playing Madrid and expected a tough battle for top spot. We qualified with 2 games left and allowed me to put a few youngsters out for the last two games. They did me proud and gave us a 100% record in Group E. The First Knockout Round saw us drawn against tricky opponents Fenerbache. A 1-1 draw away from home gave us a platform for the second leg. A poor performance though and silly defending saw us lose 2-1 and we were out. Aim 3 failed.

Overall i'm happy with how the season has gone. I'd like to cut out the draws though. I'm really disappointed with the Champions League though. Next season I don't think I will change much. Maybe sell Skrtel and get a new centre back in. Aurelio is retiring so Robinson is no 2 left back now and will get quite a few games next season. Kuyt and Cole maybe in their last season so I may look for a young right winger.

Aims for next season:

Retain Premier League

Get further in Champions League

Develop Youngsters more

Well done :thup:

Inter just bid £33M for Sanchez (he is up for sale by transfer request and as you know on this save am not keeping unhappy players) i would of accepted but £8M was upfront and £25M was over 24 months am offering him out for £40M

Bettin their wages would be high too :p

Most probably

Think I may have made a mistake in buying Abel Hernandez for £20m...but that being said, he hasnt been given a proper chance.

Stick with him a few players I've bought have been average the first season but he been great after that and am glad I kept them

Here we ****ing go am near the end of March so here is when the games come thick and fast

I just played Fulham away and Cavani who has been amazing got injured and Johnson also got injured and both are out for 3 months what a ****in joke I bet more injures come it always happens

That's just ridiculous mate, unlucky. Hate it when that happens. Most of the time I've realised that injuries that occur in matches are due to players "injuring themselves" and rarely being injured from tackles by the other team.

That's just ridiculous mate, unlucky. Hate it when that happens. Most of the time I've realised that injuries that occur in matches are due to players "injuring themselves" and rarely being injured from tackles by the other team.

I guess the only postive is that due to Johnson getting Injured Kelly won his 1st England Capat the age of 24 :eek:

See what did I say now Gotze is out for 2 months and I drew 0-0 at home against Charlton despite having 22 shots at goal anyway am off to work lads will catch everyone sometime tomorrow cya later lads

Here we ****ing go am near the end of March so here is when the games come thick and fast

I just played Fulham away and Cavani who has been amazing got injured and Johnson also got injured and both are out for 3 months what a ****in joke I bet more injures come it always happens

What star rratings do you have on your training for strength and aerobic? I find that the higher these are the less injuries I get.

Could some one please offer some advice on how to play against Arsenal (1st season). I player a 442 but with my left winger in AML position. Wilshere killed me last time with two goals - cutting in from the left and running of Glen Johnsons shoulder!!

I find it really annoying that the departure of Milan Jovanic and Joe Cole upset the board. I mean really?

Anyway loading up for start of 4th season now, I made only 1 signing pre-season who is a back up goal keeper (I always loan a keeper instead of signing one who gets fed up of being on the bench and wants out)

Players out were Dani Pacheco 2.3m to Bochum and Andy Carroll 5.5m to Sunderland!

Just remembered I made a few signings, all hot prospect regens totaling 6.5m

Current projects underway are improvement of the youth intake structure and additional 10,000 seat expansion of Anfield.

Hoping to defend my Champions League title as well as Premier League, though the latter I'm skeptical about as teams have made big signings...

Hmm M'Vila out for 3 - 4 months with a torn calf muscle, Suarez out for 2 - 3 months with a torn hamstring, Hulk and Robinson at the Olympics all at the start of the season. Me = not a happy person :mad:

Archived