FM11: Southampton F.C. Thread (still sponsored by cheese, clocks and toblerone)

Matthew Le God

Second season down, and what a season it was. I spent most of the season fighting for the last play-off spot, but then a run of 13 wins in my last 16 games propelled me up the table to 2nd place and automatic promotion. Catalyst for my promotion push was January signing Lerato Chabangu who got 16 goals and 7 assists in 16 games.

Plenty of free/loan signings again:

transfersSoton.jpg

Signings were pretty successful, although my strikers kept getting injured which is why I bought a total of 6 of them. Kravets tore his calf muscle and broke his ankle, so only played 9 games, Budan managed 22 games due to torn knee ligaments and a couple of groin strains and Lovenkrands tore his hamstring one match in to a short-term loan.

Oh well. All worked out in the end, as I finished with 97 goals.

tablesoton.jpg

Team:

GK: Hoyle - Regen. Got him thorugh my youth system at the start of the season. 16 years of age and he was picked in the Championship team of the year. Awesome

DR: Zuiverloon/Coleman

DC: Jiranek

DC: Fonte/Oleguer

DL: Dickson/Boetleho

MR (winger attack): Gonzalez - regen

MC (ball winning support): Mhlongo - Only got 5 for passing, but otherwise perfect stats for a ball-winning mid. Also made team of the year.

MC (adv playmaker attack): Schneiderlin - Thought I'd be using Jordi Gomez here, but Schneiderlin's form convinced me otherwise. 9 goals and 17 assists in 40 apps and got the highest average rating in the league

ML (winger support): Pahor - regen. Technically Carlos Marinelii's position, but as he's perpetually injured young Pahor got his chance and took it well.

ST (deep-lying support): Budan/Lambert/Niflore/Sidibe

ST (poacher attack): Chabangu/Niflore/Kravets/Sidibe

33.5 mln to spend over the summer. Bring on the Premier League!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely gutted to inform you all that we failed to even reach the playoffs, it was an epic fail of the highest proportions. The lack of depth in my squad was hugely apparent. Going into penultimate game of the season we are 4th, we play 18th placed Leicester at home and only draw 1-1, after that we find ourselves 7th by 1 less goal difference to 6th place Sheff Utd. Last game we play relegated Ipswich away, Sheff Utd play 12th placed Cardiff away. Sheff Utd manage a 3-2 win so we only needed a 2-0 win or better as our Goals scored was far superior. Can you guess what our result was against 23rd placed and already relegated Ipswich? Yes thats right we get absolutely hammered 6-1! But on the whole the season was encouraging, found a superstar striker in Chamberlain 23 goals in the league after only playing upfront since December and a great partner for him in Cani. 2 class young regens, 1 a left Winger who I am fending off Interest in Arsenal and a young centre back who is attracting all the big teams. I can forgive my team the failures on not getting an auto promotion spot or a playoff spot at the least aslong as we get it done this season. Which really we should, got £5mil to spend in the summer so just need to get more permanent players in and get good backup for my defence. But the biggest must is an outstanding Central Midfielder as my centre midfield only chipped in with 5 goals all season! Oh well another season in the Championship beckons but at least finally I have money to spend after having to rely on £700k being my biggest budget in the previous 2 seasons.

league1table.png

Well, that was easy, I didn't think we would do so well.

Jose Fonte, Jordan Spence and Demerit were all awesome at the back, only problem was they got caught out by pacey strikers occasionally, but Alex Smithies made up for a few errors.

Puncheon, Schneiderlin and Lallana all scored over 12 goals each and had tonnes of assists.

Lambert scored 24, but had 20 assists, Barnard scored 30 goals and Tristan scored 28 goals.

Looking forward to the next season, I will need to bring in another few defenders and a striker I think, also cover for Lallana on the left.

I just finished my first season at Saints, Won the n power league 1

TRANSFERS IN

-----------------

Leigh Griffiths 250 k (Must Buy 30 Goals Now worth 2.2 Mil!)

Jay De Merit Free (Must Buy 11 Goals For a defender and captain)

Gai Assulin Free ( Good Backup for adam lallana can play in aml amr amc)

Alex Smithies 600 k ( Great potential Better than davies and only 21 ! Bourght him in january as davies getting old and rush for new keeper)

------------------

Alex Chamberlain played regualry and is now getting intrest from such clubs as everton now worth 1.7 mil scoring 5 goals and 11 assists

Screen shot up soon

Hey guys, update. I won the Championship first time of asking, Leigh Griffiths was immense.

championshiptable.png

My signings.

transferschampionship.png

So onto the prem, I have been struggling thus far, my best result was beating Birmingham 1-5 away, but since I have struggled

Here is the table, doesn't look good.

saintsprem12.png

Any my signings, I really had to sort out defence and bulk up midfield, I don't know whether they are still settling down or we just suck.

saintsinout1213.png

Started a game with the Saints a few days ago and just finished my 1st season. Overall it was a succesful one winning League 1 comfortably with 21 points clear. Leigh Griffiths was the man of the season scoring 49 goals and 12 assists in 45 appearances. The cup competitions were another story as we crashed out in the early rounds of the fa cup, league cup and the jpt.

Here are my transfers of the 2010/2011 season:

25hzfyv.jpg

Here is the final table:

wi3m05.jpg

And Leigh Griffiths:

1eqdch.jpg

Currently in preparation of the new season and looking to strengthen the squad with a transfer kitty of €2.8M.

So far I have signed:

Rivaldo (got inspired by Chuffa on this one ;) )

Charlie Adam (on a free from Blackpool, my best signing so far)

Koen van de Laak (on a free from Groningen; very good mental stats and otherwise decent attributes)

Looking to loan out Bebe from ManU, getting another striker, a ball winning mid and new full backs. Any ideas especially on the full backs? Tried to loan Coleman, Rafael, van Aanholt etc. but either they have no intention of joining me (Rafael, v Aanholt etc) or they already have agreed other deals (Coleman to Sheff Wed). A right back is the priority because on the left I have Jose Goncalves and Dan Harding.

EDIT: Okay, i am settled for a RB. Signed Stephen Kelly on a season long loan from Fulham.

On my third season with Southampton, amazingly finished 1st in League One and 1st in the Championship.

Was given 22m in the transfer window to avoid relegation in the premiership and gratefully spent it all!

My Team at the moment:

Smithies

Garrido A. Ferdinand C. Clarke A. Matthews

O. Hargreaves B. Bannan

G. Kakuta C. Adam T. Rosicky

L. Griffiths

I am weak in depth... and its an unlikely 3rd season team, but I reckon I'll be pushing for the UEFA cup spots this season!

Currently playing my 3rd season and started in the Premier League.

My team:

GK: Smithies - DL: Lecjac(Reznik) - DCL: Jordan Spence(Rosario) - DCR: Afeirat(Fonté) - DR: Vandenborre (Yakubu)

DMC: Pontus Werbloom(Vandenborre) - MCL: Schneiderlin - MCR: Rosicky(Julio Batista)

AML: Graham Carey(Lallana) - AMR: Legear(Puncheon - Alex Chamberlain)

Striker: Griffiths(Batista - Lambert - Rob Chamberlein)

Played 7 games ... currently midtable position.

3rd season (first in the premier league) done, finished in a very respectable 8th.

Got plenty of money to spend in the summer and this is what I did with it:

Djemal Mesbah - 9.5mln - Caen

Jonathan - 8.75mln - Celtic

Gianni Zuiverloon - 1.2mln - West Brom

Charlie Adam - 6.25mln - Blackpool

Isaac Ijeh (regen) - 650k - Ittihad

Humberto Suazo - 575k - Liverpool (January)

Pantelis Fillipidis (regen) - 375k - Panthrakikos (January)

Victor Caceres - Free

Mario Holek - Free

Avraam Papadopoulos - Free

Kieran Richardson - Sunderland - Loan

Changed my line-up to something a bit more counter-attacking:

GK: Hoyle (regen)

DC: Jiranek

DC: Papadopoulos

DC: Mhlongo

WBR: Jonathan/Zuiverloon

WBL: Mesbah

MC (Ball-Winning S): Caceres/Holek

MC (Deep playmaker S): Schneiderlin/Adam

AMC (Attacking Mid A): Pahor/Adam

ST (Complete S): Suazo

ST (Adv Fwd A): Ijeh

Very solid at the back - only conceded 47 goals - but I struggled a bit up front, only scoring 46. Top scorer and star performer was young Drago Pahor, who got 11 in 20(12) appearances. Ijeh finished on 10 and chipped in a fair few assists, but my other strikers were pretty useless. Suazo was particularly disappointing - should be a great striker but just doesn't have the strength to cut it in the premier league. Most of them are out of contract in the summer, so I know where my 33mln transfer budget is going.

Good result in the EPL, Fulax.

I just started my 1st premier league campaign with a 1-0 win over Peterborogh (that followed me right from league 1 with back to back promotions). I won the Championship pretty easily and even reached the FA cup final. Though we lost to Chelsea I am still pretty happy and excited because this means: EURO LEAGUE this year. For the league I said we would avoid relegation and got ~€40M to spend.

And this is how I spend some of the cash (didn't burn the whole budget though)

6rk6rk.jpg

Hoskins is a promising regen. I also agreed on a 4.8M future fee for T Cairney.

The team:

2ep4xld.jpg

I'm really satisfied with the squad right now.

Just finished my first season. I started great, but then I felt down. Finally we came back, but we finished at the 3th place. After all, we won the playoff final so I'm very happy with our performance this season. Here some screenshots: (Sorry for the dutch language, but I ain't got English)

4d5ed5b7daea0-0.png

4d5ed5f81af8a-0.png

Griffiths was absolutely outstanding! I <3 Griffiths! :D

Just starting my second season in the Premier League, finished 14th last time. Current side is roughly speaking:

GK: Rubinho/Smithies

RB: Richards/Coleman

LB: Wallace/Dickenson

CB: Spence/Beevers

CB: Pichu Atienza/Gonzales

MCR: Parker/Carrick

MCL: Schniederlin/Cork

AMR: Brown/Stanislas

AML: Fleck (loan)/Lallana

AMC: Adam/Drinkwater

ST: Drogba/Griffiths

Also got the likes of Andy Carroll, Joshua King, Ropotan, Chamberlain in the squad.

Hi,

Thought i'd add to this with my Southampton career save.

I haven't got all the facts as i'm at work at the moment so dont have access to FM.

Promoted in the first season finishing second behind Peterborough (seems to be a theme with that one!). Signed the likes of Demerit, Assulin, Kezman and a shed loads of loans signings, along with Griffiths and Smithes in the Jan window.

Second season and i've just won promotion to the Prem with 5 games to go to secure the championship. Signed Stauni, Vonlanthen, Spence, Chimbonda, Wendel and a few loanees.

I play a 4-2-2-2 attacking formation, that focus's on keeping the ball.

So i'll be slugging it out with the big boys of the Prem next season and hope I get some decent cash to spend! Though having said that it seems fairly easy to pick up decent players on a free in FM2011!

Wattup guys, started a game with saints and have done pretty well so i'm going to share my secrets.

Here is the table at this moment in time

tableks.jpg

My squad and tactics, i use a slightly edited version of Knap's 442 tactic with a quicker tempo. This can be found here

saintsj.jpg

Finally my transfers

transfersz.jpg

Also i pretty much culled all the staff and brought in my own after saying i wouldn't

staffk.jpg

I'm using Stevie G's Cruxius training schedules for my first team and my youth. Highly recommended. This can be found here

Just finished my 7th season with Southampton not using the update.

A brief history: First season: 2nd. Played a lot of youngsters trying to build a future Prem side. Jeremie Aliadiere the pick of my players. 9 MoMs 29 goals in 31.

Second season: 4th. Promoted via play offs. Too many draws early in the season. Had the same amount of losses as champions Middlesborough but didn't finish enough games off. Pick of the players CB Daniel Ayala. 10 goals in 42 matches seemed like every goal he scored was crucial.

Third Season: THE PREMIERSHIP! 14th in the first season. My big signing Gignac only managed 13 goals and I relied too heavily on a 18 year old wonderkid newgen from Brazil called Luiz due to signing an absolute flop of a striker in Matthias Lepiller which will become a theme regarding strikers for me.

Fourth Season: Young players starting to develop, things falling in place. Could've pushed for a european place had it not been for a poor January/February. Finished a respectable and promising 9th. Newgen Luiz scores 16 goals. Signed John Guidetti for Man City from £9.5m. Why the hell did I do that!! Especially, as I got a 17 year old from Lyon on loan who is absolutely lethal. Could've signed him but I had no money left after the Guidetti deal.

Fifth Season: My 'lost' season. Everything went wrong/didn't work etc. Finished 11th. Luiz played terribly, only scored 5 goals, although I acknowledged this was due to my woeful tactics rather than him being rubbish. Gignac gave us respectability with 13 goals. Continued my trend of signing flop strikers with Sergio Araugo. Although, to be fair I bought him for £875k and sold him on for £4.2m despite him only scoring 1 goal in the whole season. Oh, and I signed Xavi on free. He then became a coach at the end of the season.

Sixth Season: Recovery. Nearly everything went right. Lost to Man U in FA Cup final to a last minute extra time goal. Finished 6th. Only downpoint was my newgen Luiz getting two serious injuries in one season. Ended the season having only played 12 games but still scored 8 league goals. But at least it meant rival clubs could forget about him and I could keep a hold of him for longer. Signed another complete flop of a striker: Amine for £2.5m. Sold him for £2.2m at the end of the season after only scoring 1 goal.

Seventh Season: My 4-1-2-2-1 formation was getting badly found out for the early part of the season culminating in a 4-1 defeat to a mediocre Nottingham Forest team. This was partially due to my wingers declining in quality and playing far too open. So a change to 4-3-1-2 was exactly what the doctor ordered, was nearly unbeaten for the 2nd half of the season. finished agonizingly close to Europe in 7th place(3rd europe spot went to FA Cup runners up). Got to the Europa Cup semi finals after Luiz and my new formation confounded teams across Europe. Beat Palermo, HSV and Feyenoord all convincingly to set up a semi final with Lyon. 0-0 in the first leg set up a nerve wracking 2nd leg at Lyon. We eventually lost 1-2 but the twist of fate was who scored Lyon's goals: Fittum Keli, the player I couldn't afford because I had bought John ****ing Guidetti! Also, a win would've set up a tie against Chelsea who I had taken 4 points off and would've had a great opportunity at winning my first title. Let Guidetti leave on a free, he's now at Boccum..... Signed Kaka on a free. 36 years old but hopefully he'll help bring another young Brazilian AMC I have at the club.

Best Eleven overall ( John Guidett's stats incl. when I had him on loan in the championship. He's absolutely rubbish in the Prem) Fav cult player Daniel Ayala. 248 apps so far. Absolute legend.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ynsbc4.jpg

2ynsbc4.jpg

Best Eleven last season

http://i53.tinypic.com/kegpsm.jpg

kegpsm.jpg

Evening Lads.

I'm just popping in to ask about your experiences with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Personally, I absolutley Love the kid, Got him on my Arsenal save & by the beginning of the Second Season, he's already became a Good Player. :thup:

I have let him play for a few seasons. He didn't develope great and even the loan periods were not good enough. I finally sold him in season 4 for 3 million Euros. ;)

Evening Lads.

I'm just popping in to ask about your experiences with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Personally, I absolutley Love the kid, Got him on my Arsenal save & by the beginning of the Second Season, he's already became a Good Player. :thup:

I have let him play for a few seasons. He didn't develope great and even the loan periods were not good enough. I finally sold him in season 4 for 3 million Euros. ;)

Evening Lads.

How has he come on? Is he best suited to an out and out winger role rather than something more central?

Evening Lads.

Never developed for me. Finally sold him for £2.8M

Finished first season with 106 points but came second, 1 point behind Peterborough...Injuries cost me the title but Im in the Championship so no bother.

Man City came in with a £5m bid for Smithies, which the board accepted and only gave me 1.5m for the new season.

For my Championship season I have brought in Ruddy (900k) to replace Smithies, De Sutter (350k), Eikrem, Brian Stock, Lars Jacobson, Andrew Taylor, Randall, Ben Mee, James Chester, Sczcheney (arsenal keeper) (all free).

My loans for the season included Zavon Hines, Coleman, Barazite and Delph.

My line up is as follows:

GK - Ruddy

DR - Coleman

DL - Taylor

DC - Shittu

DC - Mee

MR - Chamberlain (suprised he managed to keep his place)

MC - Delph

MC - Scherderlin

AML - Assulin

ST - Hines

ST - De Sutter

So a good second eleven of

GK - Szcheney

DR - Jacobson

DL - Signorio

DC - Mee

DC - Chester

MR - Puncheon

MC - Stock

MC - Eikrem/Randall

AML - Llanana

ST - Lambert

ST - Jonathan Viera/Bernard

Strong squad, hopefully good enough for a play off push?

I started off with a defeat to Norwich (away 2-1) where I played my second string which I thought would be my first eleven, then a 6-2 home win against Leeds (Zavon with 3) followed by 3-1 away win at Middlesbrough (Zavon with 2). Also beat Norhampton 2-1 (aet) and Cardiff 2-1 in the cup. Im lying 7th, hopefully I can continue to play well.

I also had loan bids for Ramsey, Macheda, Anderson and Kakuta accepted but they all rejected me...bastards!

played first season kept the wage budget really low but why on earth do i ship money out each month? why is matchday expenses so much? does this change as i go up the divisions? I got to champisonship now and im hoping it stops :p

I'm really enjoying my game with Southampton. I'm in the 7th season right now and this is my 5th in the Premier League. For two seasons ago I finished 1st, but last season I was a little bit dissapointed about a 4th place. I hope I can finish 1th this season again. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just started my first save ever with Southampton using the latest patch. I will post like this because it won't let me take screenshots :l

Players In:

Season 10/11:

Febian Brady (Free)

Fabio Borini (Chelsea, Loan)

Daniel Zlatkov (Minyor, 250k)

Jordan Spence (West Ham, Loan)

Kees van Buuren (Den Bosch, 80k)

Mahamadou Sidibe (Free)

Jordi Gomez (Wigan, Loan)

Jose Semedo (Charlton, 275k)

Adam Dudas (Gyor, 35k)

Macbeth Sibaya (Free)

Players Out:

Season 10/11:

The Current Starting Lineup:

GK: Sidibe

RB: van Buuren

CB: Fonte

CB: Zlatkov

LB: Harding

CM: Semendo

CM: Jordi Gomez

LAM: Lallana

CAM: Prado

RAM: Chamberlain

ST: Lambert

Final League Position(s):

Season 10/11 -

League Cup Position(s):

Season 10/11 - Second Round (Loss 0-2 Leicester City)

FA Cup Position(s):

Season 10/11 -

John Painters Trophy:

Season 10/11 -

Will update at the end of the season!

Just started a Southampton save, got rid of all the staff and going to bring in my own, but not really planning on making any signings for the squad, we look good enough I think. Might make a few additions for a promotion push in January but that'll be about it.

Anyone got any advice?

Playing as the Saints, so my game so far...

Season 10/11:

Turned off transfer budgets to start so had the original team until January, but got a hefty 6M budget to spend. The season was a success, won the league with ease finishing on 122pts, W39, D5, L1. Also won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy beating league runners up Peterborough 3-2 in the final. The FA cup and league cup runs were nothing spectacular.

Players In:

Jordan Spence (loan)

Haris Vuckic (loan)

Jordan Mutch (loan)

Alex Smithies 750K

Danny Guthrie 1.9M

Jack Butland 1.5 M

Elliot Bennet 1M

Ryan Bennet 1M

Fortune (Free)

Andras Simon (Free)

Players Out:

Ciaran Harper (free)

And a few loans

Usual Lineup:

GK: Bialkowski/Smithies (from jan)

RB: Spence

CB: Seabourne/ Bennet (from jan)

CM: Schneiderlin

CM: Mutch / Guthrie (from jan)

LAM: Lallana

RAM: Chamberlain

ST: Lambert

ST: Du Prado

Played with a fluid, short passing, high pressing, controlling tac-tic. The aim was to keep the ball and retrieve it quickly after losing it and worked well.

Season 11/12:

So onto the Championship, was hoping for a playoff spot but exceeded that expectation and finished top on 110pts. W34, D8, L4. Remained unbeaten at home in the league for the 2nd season running. But again the cup runs aren't even worth mentioning.

Players In:

Jordan Spence (loan)

Jordan Mutch (loan)

Ishmail Miller 700K

Greg Halford 800K

Surman 2.8M

Martin Angha 100K

Jan:

Lucas Digne 2.9M

Thorgan Hazard 2.5M

Players Out:

Smithies 1M (board accepted)

And some deadwood such as Hammond, Chaplow, Forte.

Usual Lineup:

GK: Butland

CB: Bennet

LB: Surman / Digne

CM: Schneiderlin

CM: Mutch / Guthrie

LAM: Lallana/Bennet

RAM: Chamberlain/Bennet

AMC: Du Prado

ST: Miller/Lambert

Ismail Miller was incredible, scored 41 in 44 in the league. Chamberlain topped the assist chart with 21, he also got into double figures for goals.

Played with a similar style to season 1, fluid, quick tempo passing game. Often switched to counter attack once going a goal up and that seemed to work effectively.

How did you get all that money in the first season sniell?

& Febian Brady is currently played 19 scored 23, picked him up on a free just for the fact he was at United last season in real life so thought he must be okay, started slow then hit off, think hes scored 2/3 hatricks already and I'm just coming into January on first season!

I was surprised with it myself tbh, just got given something like 3/4M, cant remember exactly what. Not sure if switching budgets off to start had any effect. But then asked for more and got it, then just did the transfers over 48 months allowing me to spend more.

What did you get at the start?

I would like to know if there's any good assistants I can recruit too!

About 25 games in and 3rd in the league, my away form really is terrible :l Got beat 2-0 off Man United in FA Cup 3rd round replay, we drew 1-1 at old trafford which was really good, just couldn't handle Valencias pace! Starting to play 4-4-2 now, really need to sign a lethal ST in the summer, maybe a target man with Brandy playing off him.

2010/2011 Season As It Happened:

Start of Season Expectations: Winner

Start of Season Transfer Budget: £650k

Players In:

Febian Brady - Free

Fabio Borini - Chelsea, Loan

Daniel Zlatkov - Minyor, 250k

Jordan Spence - West Ham, Loan

Kees van Buuren - Den Bosch, 80k

Mahamadou Sidibe - Free

Jordi Gomez - Wigan, Loan

Jose Semedo - Charlton, 275k

Adam Dudas - Gyor, 35k

Macbeth Sibaya - Free

Total: £650k

Players Out:

GK: Sidibe

RB: van Buuren

CB: Zlatkov

CM: Semendo

CM: Schneiderlin ©

CAM: Lallana

CAM: Gomez

ST: Brandy

Final League Position: (League one)

1st - P:46, W:31, D:10, L:5, F:117, A:51, GD+66, PTS: 103

League Cup Position:

Second Round - Lost 0-2 to Leicester City

FA Cup Position:

Third Round - Lost 0-2 to Man United in a replay after a 1-1 result first game

John Painters Trophy:

Second Round - Lost 2-2 to Brighton, 10-11 on Penalties

Highlights of Season:

Drawing with Man United in the FA Cup 1-1

Winning League 1

Statistics Of Season:

Most Goals: Brandy - 44 in 45 Games

Most Assists: Prado - 25 in 35 Games

Best Average Rating: Brandy - 7.72

Goals Scored This Season: 117

Goals Conceded This Season: 51

Games Won In A Row: 13

I've had a great start to the season.

I didn't go mad with signings, I changed all the staff but didn't really make any big signings, apart from Alex Smithies.

I brought in Alex Smithies in goal, Sean Thornton as cover in midfield, Mark Elenge who looks a good prospect, Josh McEachran on loan, Ravel Morrison on loan, Nathan Baker on loan, and Febian Brandy.

Out went Lee Holmes, Bartosz Bialowski, Tony Garrod, Jordan Keegan, Anthony Pulis, Ryan Doble, Harlee Dean, Oscar Gobern and Callum McNish went out on loan.

I've played 5 games so far, and the results were:

H BRISTOL ROVERS 4-2 Lambert 3, Lee Barnard

A GILLINGHAM 2-3 (league cup 1st Round) Alex Chamberlain, Guly Do Prado, Lee Barnard

A YEOVIL 1-3 Lee Barnard 3

H PLYMOUTH 5-1 Lee Barnard 2, Alex Chamberlain 2, Guly Do Prado

H MIDDLESBOROUGH 3-0 Radhi Jaidi, Febian Brandy 2

So Barnard has started well, Lambert got sent off for a reckless challenge against Plymouth and got a straight red but strangely only got a one game ban, but Brandy is going to keep the shirt up front for now.

I've got some selection headaches at the moment with Chamberlain and Barnard doing well on the wings, but the last few games because of injury Jonathen Forte has been playing right wing and has been playing excellently so I can't drop him, it's a good problem to have though!

Make sure you have done your training and set an asking price of 100m for Lallana and Chamberlain as the chairman auto accepted a 2.8m bid for Lallana on mine :@ Man United bid for Chamberlain like 2.5m for I had the option to reject or accept for him and of course turned it down!

I just started a new game with Southampton on the new patch (11.3) I'm just wondering why my reserves team aren't registered for a reserves league?

Is this because in real life Southampton have no reserves team? Therefore, I can't have a reserves team in the 1st season....

Will I be able to register for a reserves league the following year?

Well done to the rest of you on your progress. As for the reserve leagues yiiman as far as i know ive always had one, but you should get the option at the start of the next season.

Season 12/13:

So on to my first season in the top division after consecutive promotions...

Players In:

Jordan Spence 4.4M

Jordan Mutch 4M

Tim Howard (free)

Fabrice Muamba 5.5M

Manuel Da Costa 1.4M

Zeli Ismail 1.8M (2nd in signing of the season in premier league)

Wilfred Zaha 1M

Nathan Delfouneso 5.5M

Marco Veratti 1M

John Guidetti 1.6M (sigining of the season in premier league)

Hasan Pepic 2.4M

Koke 300K

Total spend 29M

players Out:

Released: Fortune & Butterfield

Loaned out: Seabourne, Martin, Dickson

Sold: Harding, Richardson, Bialkowski, Bernard, Puncheon

Total Income: 3M

Usual Lineup:

GK: Howard

CB: da Costa

CB: Bennet

LB: Digne

CM: Muamba

CM: Mutch

LM: Lallana

RM: Chamberlain

ST: Guidetti

ST: Zaha

Mainly played counter attacking football with a fluid philosophy which worked well. Quite often changed to a 4-5-1 formation against the big boys, playing with 2dmcs.

Struggled to find a decent strike partnership but settled with Guidetti(TMS) and Zaha (P) towards the end of the season Zaha finished with 12 goals from 23 games and Guidetti with 16 in 33 (overall). Their good form towards the end of the season earnt them both a spot in the divisions signings of the year. Championship sensation Ishmael Miller was poor in the Premier League, think he only got 5 goals from 20 something games and missed chance after chance.

So as for how the season went, surprisingly finished 5th in the league securing a Uefa Cup spot for next year. Got off to a brilliant start in the league, beating arsenal 1-0 away from home with the winner coming from young alex Chamberlain, and the season continued well. Won 20, drew 8 and lost 10 giving us 68 points. Only expected a mid table finish at best so was incredibly happy with that. Chamberlain had a decent season finishing 3rd in players young player of the year. He got 6 goals and 12 assists from 35 games.

Also had two very good cup runs, some luck in the draws and some top performances saw us reach the final of both the league and FA cup yet couldnt overcome tough opposition in the finals. Lost 2-0 to arsenal in the fa cup and 2-1 to Liverpool in the league cup.

Bring on next year.

Started as Saints on the new patch, completed the first season by finishing 2nd behind Peter'bra who ran away with it.

Signed

Jordan Spence - loan

Jens Berthal Askou - loan

Ryan Mendes Da Graca - loan (league 1 top goalscorer cannot recommend enough)

Kevin Mensah - 150k

Championship 2nd season signed

Alex Smithies - 800k

Ryan Mendes Da Graca - 800k

Ian Evatt - 600k

Lars Jacobson - free

Henri Lansbury - loan

Andrea Orlandi - 100k (assisted 7 times in first 5 games!)

My champ season has started very well im 3rd after 10 games with 1 defeat, prem here i come lol.

2011/2012 Season As It Happened:

Start of Season Expectations: Promotion

Start of Season Transfer Budget: £6.5m

Players In:

Fabio Borini - Chelsea, Loan

Jordan Spence - West Ham, Loan

Jordi Gomez - Wigan, Loan

Sylvestre - Blackpool, £1.3m

John Fleck - Man City, Loan

Badou Kere - Konyaspor, £1.3m

Luis Jimenez - Free

Danny Grainger - St.Johnstone, £190k

Steffen Iversen - Crystal Palace, £450k

Scott Barron - Millwall, £1.5m

Bradley Orr - QPR, £1.6m P/E

Fitz Hall - Free

Darren Ambrose - Crystal Palace, £775k

Andrew Lonergan - Preston, £2m

Stephen Dobbie - Swansea, 750k

Total: £10.75m

Players Out: (Ones worth any interest)

Adam Lallana - Birmingham City, £2.8m (Chairman auto accepted)

Jonathan Forte - Crystal Palace, £95k

Macbeth Sibaya - Ingolstadt, £150k

Morgan Schneiderlin - Sheriff, £2.7m (Chairman auto accepted)

Total: £6m

GK: Lonergan

RB: Bradley Orr

CB: Fitz Hall

LB: Scott Barron

CM: Jose Semedo

CM: Sylvestre

CAM: Jordi Gomez

CAM: John Fleck

ST: Febian Brandy

Final League Position: (Championship)

15th - P:46, W:17, D:13, L:16, F:70, A:70, GD+0, PTS: 64 (7points from playoffs)

League Cup Position:

Semi Final - Lost 2-0 on AGR to Man City

FA Cup Position:

Fourth Round - Lost 1-2 to Blackburn

Highlights of Season:

Getting to the League Cup Semi Final after beating: Wigan, Everton, Chelsea along the way.

Statistics Of Season:

Most Goals: Brandy - 18

Most Assists: Fleck - 19

Best Average Rating: Fonte - 7.13

Goals Scored This Season: 70

Goals Conceded This Season: 70

Games Won In A Row: 3

This is the first save i have actually enjoyed on FM for a long time!

Absoloutely walked league 1, Won 41 Drew 3 Lost 2. Lambert scored 29 and Kezman (Free) scored 18. Amazingly got to the final of the league cup, mainly down to my luck in penalty shoot outs. Got beat in the final.

1st Season Signings

Alex Smithies (£575k)

Jordan Spence (Loan)

Samuel Schleimann ( £425k / LB)

Bernard Mendy (Free)

Nikola Tolimir (£375K / DM)

Sharbel Touma (free)

Mateja Kezman (free)

Leigh Griffiths ( £250k)

All deals done over 48 months.

Up to the Championship, Finsihed 1st :) W 38 D 2 L 6 - Rickie Lambert again hitting the 20 mark. Reached the League Cup final again and got beat (Its now my aim to win this bloody trophy)

Signings

Jordan Spence (Permanent)

Chris Eagles

Currently 9th in Prem after 23 games, managed a few high profile results. We have managed the step up really well. Schneiderlin, Lallana, Chamberlain are playing well at this level.

I got 22m to spend 550k wage budget, and i was very happy with my purchases:

Micah Richards (£7.5m from Birmingham)

Gary Cahill (£11m)

Fabio Aurelio (free)

Wilson Palacios (£3m - transfer listed)

Charlie Adam (£4m)

Demba Ba (£3.7m - transfer listed)

Strongest line up at present

GK: Smithies

DR: Richards

DC: Spence

DC: Cahill

DL: Schleimann

DM: Palacios

MC: Adam

MC: Schneiderlin

AMR: Eagles

AML: Lallana

ST: Ba

Just beat Spurs 3-1 in first leg of league cup semi, so heres hoping it may be my year.

Archived