Another poll: Competition in general vs your team

Rafalution

Which would you rather?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather?

• Guaranteed place in the final but only being able to watch your country's games
    • Watch all games

After the disappointment of the 2006 WC, where I thought we had a genuine good chance, and the joy of the 2008 Euros which we weren't in, I've definitley come to enjoy the competition itself more than following England in it. This isn't to say I wouldn't of course be delighted if England won it, but given the chance of say, a guarenteed place in the final but only being able to watch the England games, or being able to watch all games, I'd take watching all games. What about you?

For me this contrasts quite clearly with the Prem or CL, where I'd happily only watch Liverpool games if it meant getting to the final/it going to the last day (no jokes please).

Guest roberto922

Well this is easy, my bastard team would never reach the World Cup, so the competition in general

But if Wales manage to reach the WC, what would you choose?

I voted for the second option, I already watch almost all Brazil's games anyway, so having the chance to watch other teams more often as in the WC is a good thing.

Oh if we actually made it it'd be the first option no doubt.

I imagined so. The WC would naturally be much more special for you with Wales in it than it is for me with Brazil in it, since Brazil always play it.

Archived