[FM10] Continental Dominance - First New Zealand Then The World

AcidBurn

brazilfootballbadge.jpg

I have now been appointed the manager of Brazil after they lost in the 2022 World Cup in a second round penalty shoot out against Algeria.

The 2022 World Cup

worldcupx.jpg

I am glad that England did poorly without me as I admit I am bitter, I just hope I can keep the Brazil job long enough to thrash England at the 2026 World Cup. Some surprise results in the World Cup Croatia seem to be there or there abouts in all major competitions in the last 10 years.

Damn You Sir Alex

hofs.jpg

Now I am only just behind Sir Alex in the best ever manager worldwide in the Hall of Fame, hopefully I can surpass him over the next year or two and go on to win much more. Guess I will have to wait and see not sure how many points African competitions can give me, I suppose I could stay at Velez until I get past him although I doubt I will.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, I think the Brazil bug does still exist. I will probably get sacked for playing Wisner up front.

Get that lad a Brazilian cap. He deserves it. Reminds me of the time where one of my favourite Chinese (well he was a newgen) strikers who kept getting overlooked by the Chinese manager. I then took over and gave him a few caps. :D

Nice to see you get the Brazil job. I'm not sure if the Brazil (and Mexico) bug still exists but as long as you don't lose it's okay.

Correction, if you don't lose or draw then it is okay. :D

lol, I think the Brazil bug does still exist. I will probably get sacked for playing Wisner up front.

Definitely still exists. In my International save, I lasted for three matches. Got sacked after a draw against Columbia. :D

Just keep winning and you'll be fine AB! :thup:

Good luck! ;)

I just put my game on holiday and by accident holidayed through a friendly ended in a 0-0 draw with Austria but they never sacked me. I will however be reloading now as I don't want to miss my first Brazil game and Wisners first Brazil cap.

No jobs available in South Africa or Egypt so I am thinking about taking the job as Seattle manager until something becomes available. Trouble is I have no clue about the MLS and it's crazy rules.

Like a slightly cold swimming pool, the MLS is lovely once you're in. ;) I found the registration and transfer system easy enough to deal with - just another way of limiting foreign players and encouraging homegrown players really. Besides, if you really get stuck, rancer is always around to help! :)

Seattle offered me a job and they have room for one designated player, I tried to trade for more but couldn't get another. There are quite a few rich MLS teams, Seattle have a balance of £36 million.

I guess DodgeeD is right, Rancer is always about to help, I hope.

I did a few games in the MLS and didn't like it at all, but thats personal opinion.

Your doing well Acid, wish I could pick free scoring strikers as well as you :)

I have always found strikers are easy to pick, the fact that I play 3 upfront alot also helps them score lots of goals. Just hope I can get one in Egypt or South Africa. Might have a year on holiday just managing Brazil and see what happens.

Like a slightly cold swimming pool, the MLS is lovely once you're in. ;) I found the registration and transfer system easy enough to deal with - just another way of limiting foreign players and encouraging homegrown players really. Besides, if you really get stuck, rancer is always around to help! :)

The MLS is an easy league to understand the rules. Tbh, it's quite straightforward with the roster restrictions. :p

seattlesoundersfc20mls.jpg

2022 - A Year Off In America

I have been named as the new manager of Seattle Sounders FC in the MLS. I needed a job as something to do until a job in South Africa or Egypt becomes available that I fancy doing. I haven't got a clue about the rules but I am sure I will understand it as I go along.

The one thing that is annoying me at the moment is on the squad screen it says a maximum of 1 designated player in the squad, it says that there is 0 in the squad at the moment. Yet when I try to offer a contract to a free player I cannot offer a designated player contract, this has not stopped me from making my first signing in Brazilian international Wisner. Although he will be 33 when he joins the MLS club in 3 months time.

sounds like your designated player spot had been traded?

Good Luck in the MLS!

I thought it might have been traded but I think when it is traded it says you have a maximum of zero designated players. That's what it says on Kansas City's squad listing, it's all guess work though.

I picked Seattle because I used to like their basketball team not as much as Orlando Magic though. After not watching any basketball for years I finally got back into it during the play-off's and Seattle had disappeared lol. 30k+ is a hell of a lot, I got offered Chicago, San Jose, New York and Toronto but settled on Seattle. Hope I can get some success before leaving for Egypt.

Wow an average attendance of 43495 for the season not bad at all no wonder the bank balance is so high. I figured out where the designated player slot went, there is already a transfer arranged for a player who at his current club earns 9.5k a week so I am guessing that he is going to be a designated player.

seattlesoundersfc20mls.jpg

2022/23 - A Short Journey In America

seattley.jpg

This is the total of my journey as manager of Seattle. I managed to bring in a couple of decent players most notably Wisner who was sensational in my short time as manager. I managed to win the MLS with the team who were 3rd when I took over we finished second in our conference putting us into the play-off's. We won 5-0 against Chicago in the play-off final.

I stayed on to see out the whole of the North American Champions League. Somehow we managed to beat Chicago 5-0 but when placed into the final of continental competition against them we drew 0-0 and then got hammered 5-3 in the return leg at their place. We also lost in the final of the Pan-Pacific Championships against S-Pulse who are managed by former Porto and Brazil striker Hulk.

This led to me resigning as manager as I had won the MLS so I decided to move on to a more simple league. I am hoping for a job in Africa but that looks extremely unlikely at the moment, looks like their managers last awhile for some reason. I am thinking of maybe heading home to England I have been offered the job at Tigres in Mexico who for some reason are super rich and have offered a budget of £32.5 million but I do not fancy going back to Mexico yet. I was also tempting to declare my interest in the Auckland City job but thought it might be best not to go back.

Copa America 2023 - Final Disappointment

copaj.jpg

Headed into the Copa America as favourites and breezed through the league stage with 3 easy wins. Then came Costa Rica who we also beat easily to book a place in the semi-finals against Peru after dispatching of them it was onto the old enemy Argentina who just edged us out in a tight game. After the tournament I somehow managed to keep my job this is also after a very embarrassing defeat at home 2-1 against 16th ranked Australia. Maybe the Brazilian FA like me for some reason.

Hating Finals

My managerial record in recent years is impressive combining my time at Brazil, Velez and Seattle I have lost 4 times in 71 games. Out of those 4 loses 3 have been in finals the NACL final, Pan-pacific final and the Copa America final. Wonder if my manager is starting to bottle it lol.

Job well done then in the US Acid :), although it would be nice to see you win an international trophy :p.

I'm sure Auckland would have you back, think I will go back to NZ on my save at some point as it has been my favouite country so far.

If you going back to England, you should manage my beloved Spurs, I'm sure they could do with some of yours and Wisner's expert help. :D

Cheers, shame about the bloody Argentinians beating us to be fair I am surprised to have kept my job. I wish I could go to a decent English club until Africa opens up. The jobs in trouble are all Championship sides Leeds, Wigan and West Ham are the main ones.

Hull_City_AFC.png

2025 - 2 Years Off and 16 Years In And It's Finally Back Home

After holidaying for 2 years there was no sign of the African job I needed to complete my career. I decided to take the Hull City job, they are currently 17th in the EPL with 12 games left being a single point above the relegation zone. I will post up the end of the first season and the transfers for the second season tomorrow once I have played it through tonight. Hopefully this part of my career will last longer than the Seattle part that is of course if a decent job in Africa does not come round quick.

Unlucky with Seattle and Brazil AcidBurn. Best of luck with Hull and I hope a job in Africa becomes available soon.

Just a thought but seeing as real world managers often get asked about dream jobs and future ambitions in press conferences/interviews, perhaps SI should introduce a feature where you can say 'I would love to work in (country/continent)' or for a particular club/nation.

I like that idea Dodge, bit like Mourinho saying he wanted to win 3 champ leagues with 3 teams and he wanted the 3rd to be Madrid and Big Sam alladyce and Redknapp saying they fancied the England job at one time, kind of proof that it happens so I think it should be in. :)

This is a great story mate :) Had a quick search and couldn't find the answer so sorry if I missed it but what skin are you using?

Cheers, the skin is called Seven I think I got it from sortitoutsi website but not 100 percent sure.

Unlucky with Seattle and Brazil AcidBurn. Best of luck with Hull and I hope a job in Africa becomes available soon.

Just a thought but seeing as real world managers often get asked about dream jobs and future ambitions in press conferences/interviews, perhaps SI should introduce a feature where you can say 'I would love to work in (country/continent)' or for a particular club/nation.

I agree it would be wicked to say my dream job would be Zamalek or Al-Ahly that way maybe it could influence the board if things are not going to well for their current manager. I am hoping that Egypt do really poor as I think one of the blokes in charge of those two clubs would be a leading candidate for the job.

Hull_City_AFC.png

2025 - A Team Ran By Me Not Scoring, What The Hell?

fixturese.jpg

eplw.jpg

Not too bad in the end after being one point above relegation I managed to guide the team to finish 10 points off. It could of been more as there were goals in the last 5 minutes in the three drawn games against Derby, Forest and Stoke City. I like my teams to score as many goals as possible we were the lowest scorers but also we were tied in 3rd for least goals conceded. So I am guessing that the side needs some more attackers and more midfielders willing to get forward.

Transfers In

5gabrielaragn.th.png

21gastnrodrguez.th.png

First call was to my old club Velez and their new manager who replaced me Roberto Carlos after a few rejected offers I tied up a £7.5 million deal for Aragon who does not have the best stats but was brilliant for me when I managed in Argentina. I think he can slot into the formation and tactic I am using as it was the same that I played with him on the right hand side of 3 attackers. £10 million spread out in monthly instalments is a bit expensive for Gaston Rodriguez but I paid £12 million for him at Velez so I thought what the hell, he can pass, run around all day and likes a tackle.

graemewright.th.png

mortenaas.th.png

These two were signed mainly for the future they lack in a few areas but are packed with potential. I doubt I will be here long enough to see them develop but I have given youth a chance in my other jobs and figure there is no point in changing the way that I play.

12markomartic.th.png

Easily the best signing so far at a price of £2.5 million this guy looks like a great rightback and is still only 20 I can see him moving on in a season or two for quite a big price.

13imaddevries.th.png

This guy is the star player of my Hull team. I am surprised that they managed to even get someone as good as this but thankfully for my benefit he was already here. There has been some interest from the big clubs who have bid £21 million which I do not want to take as I think if he has another good season I can get £30 million for him.

The Best Player I Have Ever Discovered

lusguilherme.th.png

lusguilherme2.th.png

One of my signings from Velez Luis Guilherme has just secured himself a £27 million transfer to Inter Milan. I spent 400k on him and he developed into a brilliant player equally comfortable playing at CB, DMC or as an attacking CM where he had his best season for me at Velez. Hard to believe he is still only 22 but has been on the game for 7 seasons. I predict that he could get another big move at some point and if I could get a big job I would try to sign him no matter what the cost was.

The Future

I plan to stay at Hull City unless an African job comes up but I will take my time and do not want any old job I want to manage one of the bigger clubs over there and am willing to wait 5 or so seasons. I would however leave Hull City for a job at the tycoon funded Stoke City or Man City.

It might be better to post up thumbnail pics instead of normal screenshots as they seem a little bit too wide for the forum.

I've decided to take up this challenge and then win the major international tournament on each continent and finally the world cup to round off. Should be a long and exciting career. Currently at Daegu in the Group Stage of the ACL after completing the Oceanian club part with ease with Ba Electrical. Don't wish to threadjack but you have a great idea for a challenge here mate. :thup:

Hull_City_AFC.png

Itching For Africa

hullcityn.jpg

After all the signings I made I prepared myself for the upcoming season half heartedly as I wanted a move to Africa to achieve my goal of continental dominance all over the world. So my time at Hull City was cut short I put the team on a good footing for the future the bank balance was healthy and with some good players they managed to get to 7th place in the EPL and are a much stronger team now.

However I got itchy feet and left for South Africa to take over as manager of a fallen Kaizer Chiefs team who had not finished in the top half for several years. Upon my arrival I felt I have made a mistake the team was appalling even for the low standards of the league. My reign lasted 33 days when I left for a team in Egypt to hopefully get settled in Africa.

Ismaily.jpg

Ismaily 2025-26 The Last Unconquered Continent

isres.jpg

eprem.jpg

I took over with the team sitting in 14th place although we were way behind the top 3 I felt that with some of the players at my disposal that I could clinch a top 6 place and I was right. We are way way behind Zamalek and Ah-Ahly but still got some great results, most impressively my first game in charge saw an 8-0 victory breaking the clubs biggest win record so hopefully the fans love me already.

statszy.jpg

Alaa Awad as you can see is the main man of the team but I desperately need more signings which are hard to come by with Egypt having a 3 foreign player restriction rule in place. Still there are plenty of talented Egyptians out there and with a healthy £7 million budget to go looking for them I was set. I think I can do well this season although it takes a top two finish to qualify for the African Champions League meaning results against Ah-Ahly and Zamalek are needed and must be improved from last season.

Wisner Calls It a Day

20wisner2.png

biozy.jpg

My favourite FM player of this save or any other for that matter is finally calling it a day at the age of 36 he is now retiring. As you can see he has been a great player who I have managed at Wellington Phoenix, America(MEX), Real Madrid, Velez and Seattle. The screenshots show he has won lots and lots of trophies probably as many as any other player on the game.

What the screenshots show is only league games and not the full story I am sad enough to go through his career and find out that he has played 440 games scoring 392 most of which were under my management. Not only does he score but he also has 160 assists to his name, I was lucky enough to find that every time I left a club I had signed him for he was deemed surplus to requirements and transfer listed within a couple of days of me leaving. Not a bad career for someone with a pretty low CA and PA, surely a lesson that current and potential ability are not the be all and end all of every player on the game.

Return of Wisner

wisman.jpg

My new assistant manager will arrive the day after he retires in December, so I will have no ass man until then. He has some great stats although not the best coaching ability he does have an eye for a decent player and some tactical knowledge. Trouble is he plans to be a manager more than an assistant it will be interesting to see who he eventually leaves to go manage, if I continue this save for years and years I will keep a close eye on his progress.

Not sure how interested everyone was in that but it does make some interesting reading and helps me keep a record of the player.

Ive been reading this thread and it has been very interesting, well done :)

What a career that is from Wisner, thats what i like most about the game, seeing players develop and make a name for themselves before eventually becoming a manager. Who knows Wisner might catch you up as a great manager one day too

I agree. The best thing about the game is that its never the same for people.

I got Wisner on a free as a backup for Helder and he has been ok. I've got a couple of youth products that I'm hoping will follow me as Wisner has AcidBurn.

It's all the ifs and buts that amaze me about FM, if I had not of won the OFC champions league I would not have moved to Wellington and managed Wisner, if I had decided to take a different job in Australia I would not have managed him either. Chance are if I signed him again on another save he would not be anywhere near as good. not bad for a player who at his peak had a CA of

I hope I can build something at Ismaily but if a job at one of the top two becomes available I will move there straight away. I have build a few different teams now and just want to complete my continental wins the quickest way I can

That is not the one that I used to be honest I cannot remember which one I used, I just googled it as I could not find any to download in the editors forum.

Glad you enjoy my thread, the main reason I did it was to try and inspire people to try this sort of journeyman game, I was having trouble with FM until I started this save. Great to leave the normal stuff of England and Spain behind and venture into the unknown leagues I have never tried before. Would be great to see you taking up the challenge.

Archived