[FM10] Continental Dominance - First New Zealand Then The World

AcidBurn

Congratulations with England and the recent success with Velez. Moving on soon? The pull of Africa getting any stronger?

Cheers ToMexico. I have got to get my hands on that Copa Libertadores before moving to Africa. I was confident I could do it this season but lots of players have become too old and left my squad is only 20 players, going to be tough as the games comes fast in Argentina, especially if we are in both the continental competitions.

I hope I can do it this year as I really want to move to Egypt or go to manage the Kaizer Chiefs or Orlando Pirates in South Africa.

3 pages, wicked.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh I was really quite lucky winning the Copa Libertadores in 3 seasons I think without looking. Your team is scoring far far more goals than what mine did which is a big thing of course, keep that up and you should have a very good chance this coming season.

maurozrate.png

carlostevez.png

6javiermascherano.png

Well this should bump up the average age of my squad by quite a bit lol. Mascherano will be great for tutoring, I think that Tevez will still score a few goals and Zarate is a good back up AMC and will also make a decent tutor. I might need to go out and buy a young striker to learn from Tevez now lol.

Mascherano’s technical attributes are shocking now why did you buy him surly cant just be for tutoring?

(and yea i know i probably spelt every word in the above sentence wrong but ill live with it :D )

That is some shocking spelling lol.

I expect Mascherano to play 15 games this season I also have 2 or 3 DMC's that could benefit greatly from him in the team. Tevez is slow but if I give him the instructions to stand in the opposition box he should be okay, if I get 15 games from him I will be very happy. I might just make the Copa Sudamericana a tournament for the oldies.

great signings there i was looking to bring in some oldies at cardiff but there age put me off.

I noticed all your young signings lol. I like getting older players for tutoring and when they are free there is not much lost really.

Mascherano's technical attributes are not very good at all but at the start of the game he only has tackling, marking and first touch over 15 with passing and technique at 14. I just want him to tutor and play the unimportant games although if he plays well who knows, his instructions are stand there and kick the opposition lol.

just finished reading this whole thread. Awesome career so far well done! Looking forward to you carrying it on!! I am going to start this challenge tonight as I have finially got the necessary leagues sorted. I could not get them to appear in the game for ages then realised that I was putting the XML files in the wrong folder. DOH!

2021 The Opening Stage, Couldn't Stay Away For Long

velez%20sarsfield.jpg

argentinepremierdivisio.png

vlezsarsfield2.png

We have put ourselves in a great position by winning the opening stage of the league. Some great results and some great performances, the greatest moment of the season was when we were one point ahead of Arsenal and we faced them at our ground and went on to hammer them 6-1. Hopefully we can keep it going and win the closing stage aswell.

vlezsarsfield.png

Some great performances but a change in tactic has seen Wisner not score as many goals and the youngster Aragon not grab as many assists as last season. Aragon is my favourite player at the club at the moment he has been in the first team since he was 16 and as you can see he is playing brilliantly and is still only 18 years old. This guy will have a big future if he stays here or if he leaves, Real Madrid have expressed an interest but that has now gone away.

We now play a front three so all the strikers are performing very well at the moment scoring and assisting each other for some good team goals.

Transfers

I do not like selling players mid-season but Pablo Lopez has been wanting a move for 6 months now. He was one of my signings and cost a huge £12 million. A few top teams were interested in him from Europe like Werder Bremen and Valencia but none bid more than £8 million. In the end I sold him for £15 million to Dinamo along with 50 percent of the next transfer, I think this guy can go on to play for a much bigger side so hopefully he will go for £10 million plus in the future giving us a great windfall.

Villalba was signed to replace Lopez and will arrive in a few weeks. He is not as good but cost £11 million as most decent Argentinian youngsters seem to.

Copa Sudamericana

sudas.jpg

Although not the continental competition that I really want to win it's great to grab another trophy for the cabinet. I was disappointed that we only beat one team away from home in the competition but that would be being picky. Next up I am hoping to add the Copa Libertadores to the trophies.

Nice double in the Opening half of the season. :thup: Hopefully, you can carry that momentum into the Copa Libertadores in the New Year. A word fo warning - watch out for clashes with international dates. I think the game schedules Copa Libertadores games for the same date as March and June internationals. If you're lucky, they'll be friendlies and you can pull players out. ;)

Nice double in the Opening half of the season. :thup: Hopefully, you can carry that momentum into the Copa Libertadores in the New Year. A word fo warning - watch out for clashes with international dates. I think the game schedules Copa Libertadores games for the same date as March and June internationals. If you're lucky, they'll be friendlies and you can pull players out. ;)

It's going to be a pain because it's the confederations Cup which is scheduled to be in the same week as the final. Argentina are in it so I could lose about 4 first team players, if that happens I will be very annoyed.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Cheers for the comments guys. It could be the game just trying to annoy me as there has been a message about a consortium trying to takeover. To be honest I have my eye on a few Argentinians playing in the league, it's virtually impossible to get someone in their prime to come to the Argentinian league.

Question is if the takeover happens and I win the Libertadores, would I leave straight away like I have done at my other jobs once the continental competition is won?

2021 The Closing Stage - Domestic Dominance

velez%20sarsfield.jpg

fixp.jpg

closing.jpg

leaguetj.jpg

Some great results for the Closing Stage saw us bag the overall league title. With over 100 league goals scored and a pretty solid defence the performance was pretty damn good. Despite losing against the closest rival Arsenal despite beating them 6-1 in the last fixture we were too good over the course of the season and easily ran out as winner.

Continental Disappointment

cleague.jpg

This is a strange one as I managed to get to the semi-finals and due to a freaking powercut lost about 3 months worth of play. I was also unbeaten in the Closing Stage but I had to start again which was just slightly annoying. Anyway on the reply we got through the group stages very easily and drew Puebla a team we had crushed 8-1 over both group matches, I didn't think it would be possible to draw a team from the same group. I guess the players were over confident as I was and we somehow went crashing out in my most disappointing moment as Velez manager.

playerstats.png

Ali Kanu upfront was just unbelievable as he outshone the legend Wisner by a long way. Aragon despite being only 19 was the third best player of the season. Gaston Rodriguez was justifying the huge £12 million fee we paid for him with some classy performances from CM. Next season I will have to replace the three oldies Mascherano, Tevez and Zarate who are all retiring.

Silver Lining

I am now in love with a Mr Joaquim Almeida and his Portuguese money. The takeover has been completed and his first act was to announce a £7.25 million improvement of the youth and training facilities followed by clearing the £8 million debt and raising the clubs balance to £28 million. A few months later he put another £13 million into the club and gave me a £27.5 million transfer bounty for the new season. So I will be off spending but will probably spend the money on 3 or 4 quality payers and look for some good Argentine youngsters for the future to go with the ones already here.

The Annoyance of Corey Rowe

coreyrowe.jpg

Thought this would make for an interesting little side piece of news. I first noticed this lad when I was managing Auckland City in my last season there he was a youngster playing for YoungHeart in the New Zealand league, I tried to sign him then but he kept signing a new contract with his current club I suspect it was due to him being 15 that I couldn't bring him to Auckland. As a result of this everytime I agreed a few he would sign a new contract to I gave up. When I took over at Wellington Phoenix I thought that I could sign him once I got some decent finances but he was signed by Monterrey in Mexico for twice the wages I could offer.

When I moved to America(MEX) I wanted to get him again but was priced out of a move with his club wanting £6 million. I needed other positions and wanted to return for him in the future but I moved one. This season with the finances of the new chairman I thought I could finally get him 12 years after first attempting to sign the lad. I had a bid accepted of £2.5 million and he wanted 24k in wages, I offered 32k and a few weeks later he rejected me and moved to Osasuna.

Looks like I will not get to sign this player ever, unless I go back to the save game that I will play at a later date which I saved just before I left Real Madrid. Not really much to do with my career just thought it was a decent side story to the my career.

England 2021 -My First FM10 Sacking

England-No.1-Fan.jpg

Everything was going well and we were firing on all cylinders during the European Championships. After it we won against Argentina 3-2, drew 3-3 with Egypt and only beat New Zealand 1-0. With the World Cup 2022 being in England the Confederations Cup was scheduled to be there in 2021. Drawn in a group with Mexico, Saudi Arabia and France we were expected to qualify quite easily.

The first match was a complete shock as we went crashing to a 2-1 defeat against Mexico, next up was an decent 3-0 win over Saudi Arabia, the last match was a thrilling 3-3 draw with France which meant we didn't make it out of the group stage. Mexico lost in the final to Croatia and I was then sacked as England manager.

I am quite proud of my record though as between the 3rd July 2016 and 7th June 2021 I we only lost 3 games in normal time and once on penalties. Meaning 4 losses in 40 games, at one point there was 16 clean sheets in a row.

All this however means nothing really and my dreams of leading England into the World Cup on our own soil will not become a reality. I will now search for any international job I can get especially if the team is in the World Cup although I am guessing no nation would sack their manager before such a big competition.

Nice to see you get a sugar daddy AcidBurn. Spend that money mate. :D

Are you planning to move on to greener pastures anytime soon? :p

lol, I am hoping the new super rich chairman will give me a higher wage instead of the few thousand I earn now.

Like Fabio Crouchello, the Confederations Cup screwed you over Acidburn. :(

Nice to see you get the 'sugar daddy' though! :D

I hate that tournament now, I just hope someone else gets sacked as I would love to go to a World Cup held in England. Sugar daddy is great but all that cash and I am having trouble trying to find some class players.

'The Confederations Cup Curse', I'm calling it.

All the cool people on FM Career Updates have been through it. :cool:

The Confederations Cup Curse is running wild, 3 down how many more will it take out?

goldyi.jpg

Guatemala just won the 2021 Gold Cup, not the greatest shock but pretty strange I thought.

Wouldn't want to be the manager of Mexico after that one...

Any chance of an update on the likes of James Brown or Wisner or perhaps just previous teams you've managed? Perhaps a shot of their biographies or career history :)

Anyway, enjoyed reading the thread :)

wisnerbio.th.jpg

wisnerhistory.th.jpg

Thanks for the comments glad you enjoy the career. These are some screenshots of Wisners career history and his biography. Will post up James Browns tomorrow, my management career is the same as Wisners playing career minus Murcia and I managed Auckland City before Wellington. If you add all Wisners cup goals he has scored 340 goals over his career.

wisnerbio.th.jpg

wisnerhistory.th.jpg

Thanks for the comments glad you enjoy the career. These are some screenshots of Wisners career history and his biography. Will post up James Browns tomorrow, my management career is the same as Wisners playing career minus Murcia and I managed Auckland City before Wellington. If you add all Wisners cup goals he has scored 340 goals over his career.

Nice, thanks. Shame he hasn't had a chance internationally (assuming I'm reading the bio right), seems to have cut it wherever you've taken him so far, would be interesting to see but guess its a bit late in his career now.

I have been hoping for the Brazilian job to come up so I could call him up but no luck yet. The strange thing about him is due to his low ability he is transfer listed as soon as I leave the club he is at.

Pre-Season Transfers - Let The Money Flow

velez%20sarsfield.jpg

Fazio cost 425k from Real Madrid at 34 he is an experienced player who will be tutoring the younger CB's and playing a few games here and there.

Luis Gustavo signed for £8.75 million from Real Betis has some great defensive stat which is what my tactic requires from the fullbacks, this was a weak area last season.

Riberio Also cost £8.75 million from Gremio, doesn't have that good finishing stats but when I played against him he was great and he has scored lots of goals for Gremio over the past few seasons. Bit of a risk but I feel he will be a decent signing.

Carlos AlbertoBrought in for a huge £25 million(I love my new chairman, unless he sacks me of course) I am hoping for big things from him. In an occurrence that doesn't happen often with players in their peak he has moved from Europe back to Argentina in particular Feyenoord.

Overall all some decent signings the chairman has also upgraded youth and training. I was hoping to bring a 33 year old Sergio Aguero to Argentina but At. Madrid wanted £48 million for him, I think I could have got them down to around £25 million maybe but thought I was better off signing someone a bit younger.

2021-22 Money Equals Success

leagueres.jpg

fullleague.jpg

Opening Stage

Closing Stage

The money spent seems to have bought us domestic success by a bigger margin than the last couple of seasons. The Closing Stage was very impressive with one draw and 18 wins 7 goals conceded and 67 scored. Once the team clicked it was a case of how many we would beat people by and not if we would win, 25 league games without a loss and no one could touch us. We were playing my sort of football infront of goal and actually defending pretty well to.

The Players

best11f.jpg

As you can see the attack was phenomenal goals flying in from everywhere and lucky for me Carlos Alberto the £25 million man didn't disappoint with 37 goals and an 8.08 overall rating there is not much better you can get. The attackers were so good even Wisner was on the bench with 20 goals, Aragon is still only 20 years old. I do think once I leave that other managers will be more willing to sell these players.

Continental Dominance? Not Quite

Copa Sudamericana

suda.jpg

Not a great showing in the secondary continental competition, things were going well but the team had not quite clicked and we went out against Sport Recife from Brazil. This result and performance upset the new rich powerful chairman and he was not happy with me as my job status dropped from very secure to secure.

libertadoresy.jpg

I hate two legged finals but that may chance after this. We ripped through the group stage and finished top with ease qualifying early with wins over every side. We beat Boca easily and booked a finals place against Cruzeiro who beat Gremio in the other semi's. We won the first leg after a bit of a struggle with a slight 1-0 advantage. As you can see the Final was a breeze we destroyed them at home in every way totally limiting their attack and we maybe could ahve had a few more goals as well.

Now the question is do I leave right now to go to Africa or do I stay with the cash until a decent job comes up?

Archived