[FM10] Continental Dominance - First New Zealand Then The World

AcidBurn

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link AB, I have been reading this thread and DodgeeD's career thread and have been inspired by both of ur great careers. It'll take me forever to decide what leagues to use but I'll deffo be trying a career like this

Kutgw

Ismaily.jpg

Ismaily 2026-27 The Wrong Continental Trophy

tablev.jpg

An improvement on last season seeing us move up one place in the league. We had some great performances but also came up short against the big two something will need to be done about that if I am to improve and try to win the league.

cupw.jpg

Despite poor showing in the league against Zamalek we managed to beat them in the cup final with a convincing 2-0 victory if we can carry this into the league next season then there is a good chance we can replace them as second best next to Al-Ahly. Pretty straight forward victory in the cup and I was delighted to avoid Al-Ahly and bag my first trophy as Ismaily manager.

confed.jpg

This was a great victory and another trophy just not the continental one that I wanted. It starts with a few preliminary knockout rounds after the two legged match against Hearts of Oak we are divided unto two groups of four teams. This was one of the easiest cup wins in my FM career for Ismaily or any other team for that matter. This was a great season that I hope to build on next year and take the team further.

Despite finishing 3rd we got a message saying we were in next seasons champions league for finishing 3rd. I am guessing this is because Al-Ahly won the competition.

Player Performances

best11s.jpg

The team was pretty good although there are some obvious improvements that need to be made mostly upfront, the goalscoring for one of my teams was not good enough so next year I will be looking to bring in some strikers and maybe a defensive midfielder to bolster the whole team. Player for player we are not far off Al-Ahly and are very very close to Zamalek.

El Sayed was the star man in my opinion scored some cracking goals and was a real menace to all opponents at AMC he controlled lots of games and was just generally great. Metwali needs a decent partner upfront and then the goals will surely fly in.

2027-28 Summer Signings

Ahmed Samir Somehow I got this guy on a free transfer when his contract was left to run out at his previous club. This guy will rip defences apart in the Egyptian Premier League, his dribbling skill will be hard for people to cope with at this level.

Ahemd Youssef Signed for more than I would have liked at £4 million but he can play a few positions and will be a great addition to the squad.

Ibrahim Selim Got this player through the youth academy and he looks to be brilliant already and will add some great playmaking skills to the midfield, I doubt he will be an Ismaily player all his career.

The screenshots are a couple of season old as I forgot to take some at the time of these players arriving.

Ismaily.jpg

Ismaily 2028-29 My best Season Ever?

fixturesi.jpg

eggpl.jpg

This is an example of how hard this league is at times, I won the first 18 games of the season with a few lucky wins thrown in I think it was mainly new striker Samir and keeping the morale and momentum going for as long as possible. Still amazed that it was easy compared to last season, thing is all the wins I got and it was only beating Al-Ahly at their place near the end of the season that really put us in control of the league even then I really should be thanking Zamalek for beating them in the second to last game as that was when I was crowned champions.

Egyptian Cups

Not worth posting a screenshot really, first round was an easy 2-0 win over Olympic Alexandria. 2nd round saw a tough draw against Zamalek away which we somehow fluked a 1-0 win over. Quarter finals against Al-Ahly and our luck run out with a 2-1 defeat we scored in the 86th minute but it was way too late for a comeback.

We went up against Al-Ahly in the Egyptian Super Cup where they dispatched of us 5-4 in extra time in a cracking match. So although we beat them to the league they beat us in the two cup competitions which I didn't really mind.

Ismaily.jpg

African Champions League - The Real Aim

acl.jpg

A similar competition to the Confederations Cup with a few preliminary rounds first followed by a group stage with two groups of 4. An easy first round saw us win 11-0 on agg, this was followed by two Algerian teams who for some reason like to put Alger after their teams name. A 4-4 draw in the second leg was a great match but they were far behind us overall. We went into the two group and I am not sure if it would have been possible but we avoided drawing fellow country men Al-Ahly.

afgroup.jpg

We won our group easily only conceding one goal, Al-Ahly were lucky needing a last day win over Enyimba to qualify. With them in second and us winning we drew them in the semi-finals we won the first leg 3-2 at their place with an 85th minute winner we had gone 1-0 up after just 25 seconds but dropped to 2-1 and fought back for the victory. The second leg was 1-1 with them playing better but us holding on to book a final against ES Tunis.

We only managed a 2-1 win at home and were losing 3-2 away until we scored to draw level in the 85th minute once against. We then cruised to victory to take home the African Champions League.

Player Performance

best11.jpg

Brilliant by the whole team the strikers grabbed nearly 100 goals between the three of them, not bad considering they were rotated a lot although I did play a flat front three about a dozen times over the season. El Sayed was pure brilliant the best AMC I have managed through out my career apart from Cristiano Ronaldo and James Brown who were slightly better.

Challenge Completed

I have now achieved my goals of conquering every continent on FM10 but there are still a few things I would like to achieve. A World Cup win is the main thing I want along with a Premier League title. So the day after winning the African Champions League I resigned and declared an interest in the Stoke City job who are funded by a Kuwaiti tycoon. The next day despite being 4th they sacked their under pressure manager and offered me the job.

2029-2030 - Stoke City - The New Chapter

stoke_city.jpg

Current Standings

champstoke.jpg

eplstoke.jpg

Yoma

This guy is going to be fun to manage, pity he is not a few years younger. Stoke despite all their cash have not won the EPL yet and only qualified for Europe last season.

That took a while to write I should really consider updating more often rather than 2 and a bit season worth in one go. Hope people are still out there enjoying this thread.

Congratulations of the achievement Acid, certainly inspired a few people with this thread and I for one will be playing the rest of 2010 and probably the next game in line with this challenge, really enjoying it.

We're still here AcidBurn. (well I am :p)

Congratz on completing your own challenge. :thup:

Thanks, thought there would still be the usual people out there lol.

Well done on your 6th continental title! Amazing achievement :eek:

Good choice of Stoke for your next challenge too (my hometown club). :thup:

Thanks, I like the idea of Stoke City as they are the closest EPL side to where I live. There is also the fact that they are stinking rich as well.

Congratulations of the achievement Acid, certainly inspired a few people with this thread and I for one will be playing the rest of 2010 and probably the next game in line with this challenge, really enjoying it.

Cheers, glad to hear it, I hope you can complete it at some point it takes a lot of persistence but it is well worth it in the end.

Cheers lads.

Hopefully I can settle in at Stoke and stay there for the longest I have been at any club. I am 38 days in and my record is 1262 days at Velez, only thing that might stop that is if the Sunderland job becomes available.

Loving this story AB. I've been on holiday so had to catch up :p

Thanks, unfortunately now that I have completed the challenge updates will only be made every couple of weeks. Really want to go back to Australia or New Zealand at some point.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived