Official The Netherlands Thread ; Best team never to have won the WC.

Micado

The key to win against Japan is scoring one goal as soon as possible.

Throughout their matches in the World Cups, Japan are a resilient team. They fight until they can't breath again. But when you score one, it will be easier in the rest of the game to score. It's not that their confidence is shattered after conceding, but somehow, their organization becomes messy.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would go with what Micado posted, but with Robben on the right and Elia on the left

That is actually what I wanted to post as Robben played fab on the right side for Bayern, but somehow I screwed that..

Elija sure was dangerous today. Sorry vdV, but I think Elija pips it at the moment. Yet, I don't think Bert will veer from the plan so quickly.

Elija sure was dangerous today. Sorry vdV, but I think Elija pips it at the moment. Yet, I don't think Bert will veer from the plan so quickly.

He might do it in the game against Cameroon (especially if we by that game have qualified for the KO stages), but can't see him change the team for the game against Nippon..

Michel Vorm flew back to Holland directly after the game against Denmark to visit his wife and first born son, who was born Monday morning.

He will be back on Thursday, in time for the Dutch 2nd game against Japan.

The key to win against Japan is scoring one goal as soon as possible.

Throughout their matches in the World Cups, Japan are a resilient team. They fight until they can't breath again. But when you score one, it will be easier in the rest of the game to score. It's not that their confidence is shattered after conceding, but somehow, their organization becomes messy.

As with most teams. However the Japanese are more tactically naive than other sides, so when they go a goal down they abandon their initial starting plan to try and get back on level terms. This is when teams exploit them.

He is liked, in fact, the whole team is really a team, as said/showed yesterday in the evening WC show. But it seems he is missing "it". He was great in the friendlies but somehow he has lost it so far, no clue why though.

I think he's still struggling with a lack of match fitness, and perhaps with the lack of space provided by the defenses of Denmark and Japan.

Also, I have a feeling that Holland is at its best when playing stronger teams that don't park the bus as much.

Yeah, that is what Ron Jan/Verbeek yesterday said as well, he is fit, but not 100% match fit, as those friendly games really doesn't resemble the intensitiy used in games at the WC.

Appelvlaai was so infuriating yesterday. Gets a couple of golden opportunities and just wastes them by punting the ball into the keeper. If I were HSV, I'd invest my money elsewhere...

Reminds me of Wenger :D

What's with van Bommel hogging of the ball? :D

Since on the ball the game, date and location are printed, it is a kind of collector item, and Van Bommel has two children, so he wants to have at least two balls :D

Since on the ball the game, date and location are printed, it is a kind of collector item, and Van Bommel has two children, so he wants to have at least two ball :D

Doesn't he already have those? :D

Must be a directive from van Marwijk. "Get those balls for my grandchildren or sit out the next match" :D

If it's not needed (and it isn't, we're through already), I'd leave him nicely on the bench. Maybe give him a couple of minutes by the end of the game. No risks, puh-lease!

10 ~15 minutes max, to get some kind of rythm, not more, certainly not starting with him. Leave him on the bench, also for the round of 16 match, then we have two good weapons who can come on as a sub in Elia and Robben. From there we can see.

The bavaria babes (the dress incident) can go free, the charges have been cancelled as the FIFA and Bavaria have agreed a to settlement for this case, the contents of the settlement wasn't revealed.

Well done lads :thup:

Such a good opening goal, great work from Kuyt too. RvP could've, and probably should've, scored another too. Was a stupid penalty to

give away, VdV was unlucky tbh, he was also looking good today, couple of good free kicks (except those where he took a direct shot). Nice to see KJH get a goal too.

Oh, and Sneijder's pass :cool: :cool:

Robben's back \o/

I'm glad meneer Bert followed our advise. Robben is still in hot form after his injury. Guess he's used to using the little time he gets to the max :D

Good, arrogant goal by RvP. Peno was rather ridiculous, what's vdV supposed to do, take it straight in the face? Yellow for that even more ridiculously harsh.

Anyway, another win.

So Slovakia is next. At least we know plenty about them, because they have Stoch. And er.. er.. er.. no idea really :D How good are they? Or was Italy so arrogant, giving up the goals softly?

Archived