Paul Wallace - the manager, a man possessed (the interactive small-to-big club story)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Regarding the set up, I've had another think on this. The main drawback I saw to the suggested approach is that player tipping between the two games would be possible...is it therefore best to have two seperate game worlds?

On that basis we are relying on Robert's willingness to edit a BSS side exactly the same way as I've done...that sound ok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good to me. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

- A pic of Roberts (if there's one)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is all I have. His face is surrounded in mystery. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Facegen wasn't around in FM06 icon_frown.gif

I do have a "D. Roberts" in my current save, with a facegen pic. We could use that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had this, but I'm pretty sure Sir Danny Roberts didn't look like that icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has occurred to me I really have no idea about this dude. Going to cause issues with making up a story. Linkage, 'bio' or a suggested story for him welcome.

No worries.

Does anyone else fancy being the inaugural manager of the softies? 2 minute editing job...

If not we can always go back to the one team icon_smile.gif A few of the supporters of the concept haven't volunteered...any of you guys interested? I'm thinking aaberdeenn, pjtopor, minisav...

I've done the initial set up and got thing rollingI will hold off an initial post til thisis filled up a bit more icon14.gif

I wouldn't mind having a season in charge of either team, not particularly bothered which one.

Although I wouldn't be able to be do any editing I'm afraid. The editor doesn't run very efficiently on my low-end machine and I've no previous editing experience.

No worries.

Does anyone else fancy being the inaugural manager of the softies? 2 minute editing job...

If not we can always go back to the one team icon_smile.gif A few of the supporters of the concept haven't volunteered...any of you guys interested? I'm thinking aaberdeenn, pjtopor, minisav...

I've done the initial set up and got thing rollingI will hold off an initial post til thisis filled up a bit more icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you not just edit them both then distribute them to the first two Users? That would also ensure a level playing field if you like, knowing that you have two exact teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

Yeah stick me in there anywhere. I'll need instructing on the whole downloading and uploading milark but count me in icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you a Northern Monkey or a Southern Softie? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

No worries.

I've done the initial set up and got thing rollingI will hold off an initial post til thisis filled up a bit more icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you not just edit them both then distribute them to the first two Users? That would also ensure a level playing field if you like, knowing that you have two exact teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can certainly do that but would urge someone to provide a team name and kit suggestions otherwise their official name is southern softies and they're wearing pink. I'm still thinking of a suitable nickname icon_biggrin.gif

The Northern team are already set up and officialy called One Ton, per a previous suggestion in honour of wallace.

aaberdeenn, put you in at 3, minisav 4. Cheers

Seeing as I'm before you I guess I'll be the one helping you out.

For downloading, select 'save' on the download window and choose to save it to:

my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2008/games

That should save the file in the games section ready to load up when football manager is loaded. We'll come to uploading when the time comes.

Updated list:

Northern Monkeys:

1. Bermybhoy

2. NepentheZ (TO BE CONFIRMED)

3. aaberdeenn

4. minisav

5. Gundo

Southern Softies:

1. Robert296

3. Dafuge

4. iacovone

7. elf_30

Never done the uploading malarky either but can stick the softies save up tonight for Robert to pick up when he's back from the countryside.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Plymouth ain't the countryside. We need a different name to the Southern Softies ffs. Someone think of one. I'm not back till Saturday btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe the southern name could be some sort of connection to Danny Roberts? Similar to where One Ton came from with Paul Wallsce. Maybe dafuge could help us out here, nobody knows him better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Maybe the southern name could be some sort of connection to Danny Roberts? Similar to where One Ton came from with Paul Wallsce. Maybe dafuge could help us out here, nobody knows him better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doh. I meant Ten Ton obviously (glad no-one did the math).

Good shout - Dafuge could suggest something. And let me know where I could read about Roberts' achievements while he's at it if poss

Maybe the southern name could be some sort of connection to Danny Roberts? Similar to where One Ton came from with Paul Wallsce. Maybe dafuge could help us out here, nobody knows him better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good shout - Dafuge could suggest something. And let me know where I could read about Roberts' achievements while he's at it if poss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FM06 thread, (In which 3 people achieved the 1000 goal mark) has unfortunately been deleted. (Something to do with the changes soon to be made on the forums.)

Good shout - Dafuge could suggest something. And let me know where I could read about Roberts' achievements while he's at it if poss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's difficult, as the thread I wrote the story in has been deleted. Unfortunately the records thread with all the facts and figures has also been deleted.

This will contain bits of the story, but the links are dead and most of it went in the other thread.

This screenshot shows his history in his prime, although he played for longer than that.

A very brief review of his career would be:

Born in Nottingham and came through the youth ranks at Forest.

Signed as a promising looking 17 year old for £15m by Braintree.

Scored over 1000 goals for the club, including 178 goals in 159 games for England.

Retired at the age of 38, scoring the winner in the CL final in his last game.

Became my assistant manager at Braintree.

Became caretaker manager, then manager at Braintree once I had retired in 2060.

Robert 296 - let me know when you have the file and I will start the new thread. I have made a start on the game but don't want to kick off too soon. The only slight issue is that I'll be tied up much of Saturday (there's a wee game on icon_wink.gif) and I need to move icon_frown.gif

But, it's written and just needs posted, so shouldn't take too long.

Small issue is the fact we don't have complete sign up yet, but hopefully that would be encouraged when the proper thread starts - hopefully keeping this one open until the spaces are full would be ok, Daf?

Ok, does anyone know - do we need the database to go with a saved game??

Robert - not goingg to be around today so if youo want I can give you the editing specs?

I have just experimented by moving the database I'm using on my side - as far as I can see, all if loses is the team name (could be wrong though). If anyone is more of an expert it would really help.

Edit went like this - hope this makes sense:

Name: Legends FC

Nickname: Southern Softies

Stadium: Dafuge Challenge Park

Details: Morale 13

Rep 900

Stadium: Attendance 300

Min 150

Max 6000

Training 2

Youth 3

Stadium sub menu: Capacity 3000

Seating 500

Expansion 0

Used 0

City: Attraction 8

Finances: Balance 5000

Transfer budget 1

Match ticket price 9

season price 162

Tactical atts, staff, relationships, affiliates, records - blank

Game setup

Nations: England only

Database: large

Real players: no

Small issue is the fact we don't have complete sign up yet, but hopefully that would be encouraged when the proper thread starts - hopefully keeping this one open until the spaces are full would be ok, Daf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a problem icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

I'll edit it all in a bit icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it going to be an issue each time you think?

Cheers dafuge

I'll edit it all in a bit icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it going to be an issue each time you think?

Cheers dafuge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, if somebody tells me how to do it I can upload the database aswell as the save.

Archived