[FM10] When The Saints Go Marching In - Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save!

crouchaldinho

Ah, you can in FM 2011. Sweden is a good idea. Norway's got 3 levels as has Germany.

Is France playable at CFA level on FM11 then?

I quite like the idea of Sweden after reading the adventures of Hrbfcrules. :thup: I wouldn't attempt anything as ambitious as him though with his academy players only restriction.

I don't know, I think I need something new to get my passion back for the game. I thought I'd really enjoy it when I made it to the top with St Albans City and I could dominate but it turns out that it isn't as much fun as I thought it would be! I think I definitely need a lower league challenge and something away from the major European leagues.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is France playable at CFA level on FM11 then?

I quite like the idea of Sweden after reading the adventures of Hrbfcrules. :thup: I wouldn't attempt anything as ambitious as him though with his academy players only restriction.

I don't know, I think I need something new to get my passion back for the game. I thought I'd really enjoy it when I made it to the top with St Albans City and I could dominate but it turns out that it isn't as much fun as I thought it would be! I think I definitely need a lower league challenge and something away from the major European leagues.

I've loaded it for my journeyman game so I'm assuming so.

Yeah Hrbfcrule's adventure is enough to get anyone loving Sweden (aside from lovers of cup runs of course). It's worth looking at all the lower levels. You've done Italy before haven't you? What about Spain/Portugal?

Yer to play CFA you take a normal lowest league team, get them relegated while you're the manager and manager away!

Yes, that's what I've heard. Sounds very strange indeed. :D

I've loaded it for my journeyman game so I'm assuming so.

Yeah Hrbfcrule's adventure is enough to get anyone loving Sweden (aside from lovers of cup runs of course). It's worth looking at all the lower levels. You've done Italy before haven't you? What about Spain/Portugal?

I've done Italy and enjoyed it. Never been to Spain or Portugal though.

I was actually thinking that maybe it would be best to get away from the major leagues and go to a league outside the 'elite'.

I feel that you could get any idiot from GD - even the ones that think the AI 'cheats' - and put them in charge of my team, then watch the trophies roll in. They'd be able to win the league with ease.

You won't be short of options.

I know how you're feeling. I'm giving my Berwick save a rest for a bit. 16 seasons in and starting to dominate domestically but hitting the brick wall every season in Europe, it's getting a bit monotonous and not as enjoyable as it was in it's infancy.

I've started a new journeyman career, starting unemployed and got offered the Thurrock job in the BSS. The lower leagues can be more enjoyable as success comes less often, so when it happens it tends to be more rewarding.

Crouchaldinho, I don't know how many leagues your Computer can run, but I had a save on FM2010 where I loaded up the 'next 10' leagues in Europe (i.e. those below the big 4), and tried to break England, Italy, Spain & Germany's dominatation of Europe. I am planning on doing it again for FM11 now that the patch is out, as I'm keen to see how it differs with DLR...

I enjoyed it as it was fun playing in new leagues and with new players (especially early on in the lower divisions), but also familiar in terms of the major teams, rather than (for example) the Asian leagues, where I barely know any teams.

In short, I'd certainly recommend that sort of setup!

I did a lower league career in Brazil with FM 2010 and it was fun.. although a bit confusing. State championships and all.

Brazil would just confuse me too much, I think. :D

I know how you're feeling. I'm giving my Berwick save a rest for a bit. 16 seasons in and starting to dominate domestically but hitting the brick wall every season in Europe, it's getting a bit monotonous and not as enjoyable as it was in it's infancy.

Yes, it's how I'm feeling at the moment.

I'm enjoying the challenge in Europe though as I could win it each season but I seem to struggle inexplicably in the knock-out stages against lesser opposition! But the league has become so straight-forward now. This, I guess, is the weakness of a one club career save.

I think after this season it could well be time to put the save to one side for a rest. I'm sure I will come back in the future but I definitely need to have a rest as it's getting to be a chore rather than a pleasure right now!

I've started a new journeyman career, starting unemployed and got offered the Thurrock job in the BSS. The lower leagues can be more enjoyable as success comes less often, so when it happens it tends to be more rewarding.

Yes, my feeling exactly. Nowhere am I more at home than in the lower leagues, especially Non-League in England. :)

Crouchaldinho, I don't know how many leagues your Computer can run, but I had a save on FM2010 where I loaded up the 'next 10' leagues in Europe (i.e. those below the big 4), and tried to break England, Italy, Spain & Germany's dominatation of Europe. I am planning on doing it again for FM11 now that the patch is out, as I'm keen to see how it differs with DLR...

Sounds very interesting and quite up my street. The trouble is, my laptop is rubbish. It's a dual core 1.66GHz and 3GB RAM.

Unfortunately, the old girl struggles to run many leagues on FM10 or 11. Indeed, it's starting to slow up and get unresponsive with just all England loaded, although I think a lot of the problem is the fact that I loaded a large database and customised it with top players from all over the world.

I might actually consider going backwards to an older FM in order to be able to run more leagues and thus have a journeyman game. I'm not sure if people in here would be interested in reading a career on an old version of FM though?

I might actually consider going backwards to an older FM in order to be able to run more leagues and thus have a journeyman game. I'm not sure if people in here would be interested in reading a career on an old version of FM though?

Well personally, it's the presentation and narrative of a career that I find compelling, rather than the version number under the hood :p

I enjoyed it as it was fun playing in new leagues and with new players (especially early on in the lower divisions), but also familiar in terms of the major teams, rather than (for example) the Asian leagues, where I barely know any teams.

In short, I'd certainly recommend that sort of setup!

Out of interest, what would people consider to be the 'next 10' leagues?

France, Holland, Turkey, Belgium, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, Switzerland, Croatia??

Out of interest, what would people consider to be the 'next 10' leagues?

France, Holland, Turkey, Belgium, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, Switzerland, Croatia??

I used the current (2009-10) FIFA rankings (or at least those on Wikipedia - lazy (and most likely incorrect) I know!).

In my game it was (if I remember correctly);

France, Holland, Turkey, Belgium, Russia, Denmark, Portugal, Ukraine, Romania, Greece (not in order).

Not sure I'd entirely agree, as I reckon Croatia, Czech Rep, Scotland and maybe Switzerland could be argued for inclusion (although looking back even Israel was higher ranked than Scotland!)...

I know my next save is going to be a journeyman one now but, first of all, I'm not sure on what version. I think it's either going to be FM08 or FM10.

FM08 because my laptop is so poor and I know that I can at least run a good number of leagues on this old version. Or FM10 because it's my favourite of the recent versions and I wonder if I went with running a small database, I could load a decent amount of leagues. I don't have the patience or time for FM11 just now. I want something I can pick up straight away and get into quickly.

I know I'd quite like to run some of the top European leagues, perhaps with a couple of wildcards chucked in there too. England, Italy, France, Germany would be definites, maybe Spain, Scotland and Sweden too. It's a case of which version and how far I can push my laptop really. I'd load some more like maybe Norway, Portugal, Greece and/or Holland, if I knew my laptop could handle it. Maybe even Switzerland and Austria.

I'd like to run a save as an English manager trying to make his way from the bottom to the top in Europe, and I would almost certainly start with a British context at the bottom of either England or Scotland, before going on a tour of Europe. I enjoyed Germany on a previous save and definitely want to go there and also I'd like to have some time in France and Italy too. I would see my start in Britain but the majority of my career away from my homeland. I want to be a European journeyman if you will.

My laptop is a dual core 1.66GHz and 3GB RAM running Vista. Anyone here got a similar laptop? What do you guys think it is capable of?

By the way, I do have some updates for this Saints career coming up soon.

I've got the European Championships 2028 to report on with England. Then the 2028/29 campaign with St. Albans City - will it be the same old domestic dominance and European failure?

Finally, I've got more updates from my time with the England national team. So stayed tuned. :p

My laptop is a dual core 1.66GHz and 3GB RAM running Vista. Anyone here got a similar laptop? What do you guys think it is capable of?

Them computer specs are pretty old, 1.66Ghz processor won't do much but the 3GB ram is alright. A good processor is what you need because a journeyman career with them specs would be extremely hard and slow.

Them computer specs are pretty old, 1.66Ghz processor won't do much but the 3GB ram is alright. A good processor is what you need because a journeyman career with them specs would be extremely hard and slow.

:(

What do you think I could get away with? Maybe four or five countries on a small database? That's what I was thinking of trying?

england-football101_1.jpg

The Three Lions!

ENGLAND UPDATE - END OF 2027:

England2.png

Manager Comments:

We continued our Euro 2028 qualifying campaign in really good form, ending up undefeated and topping the group. Grace Ngome, my record signing for St. Albans City, was doing the business for England this year and he hit 11 goals in 2027. All of them came in qualifiers and he hit 4 in games against Malta and Greece.

The Greece game was a bit of a strange one and worth a screenshot:

GreecevEngland-4.png

An appalling first-half saw us go 2-0 down inside 24 minutes. We pulled one back before the half was out but Greece scored another which meant that we went in 3-1 down at half-time. Next up came an astonishing comeback as Grace Ngome scored a second-half hat-trick to win us the game and avoid the blushes that defeat would, no doubt, have brought upon us! It also did Ireland a massive favour, giving them the opportunity to play at Euro 2028!

Anyway, this is how the final group looked:

EuropeanChampionshipQualifying-1.png

Very, very comfortable for us, in the end.

The two friendly defeats at the end of the year, to Italy and Spain with both coming at Wembley, were somewhat more sobering though.

Next up, how the Three Lions performed at Euro 2028!

england-football101_1.jpg

The Three Lions!

ENGLAND UPDATE - END OF 2028:

England-4.png

Manager Comments:

Back in Euro 2024, which was held in Russia, Steve Bruce's England got all the way to the final, only to be beaten by Spain.

Euro 2028, to be held in Sweden, would see the first outing of Crouchaldinho's England at a major tournament. The result? Well, we achieved exactly the same as Steve Bruce's England back in 2024; all the way to the final but then cruelly undone, this time by my old team, Italy.

This was the squad for the tournament:

Crouchaldinho-3-15.png

St. Albans City were well represented by Dean Smith, Samuel Ottley, Michael Ball, Jack Cole, Alan Thomas, Ross Hutchinson and Grace Ngome.

It nearly ended before it had even begun for the England boys. Our group contained France, Holland and Turkey. I think the 'group of death' would be a suitable label. In the end, we got a creditable draw against France but lost against Holland, putting us in a tough spot for our final group game. We got a solid victory over the Turks and results went our way, meaning that we just about managed to get through to the knock-out stages.

The final group standings:

EuropeanFootballChampionship2032.png

The quarter-finals brought us up against Spain and we managed to get a solid win to send us onwards in the competition.

EuropeanFootballChampionship2032-2.png

In the semi-finals, we pulled off a miracle against the Germans. An incredible game, it was 1-1 at full-time and 3-3 after extra-time. It was the St. Albans boys, Grace Ngome and Alan Thomas, who managed to score for England in this game. In the end, it went to penalties, and England held their nerves and revenged all of those disappointments of the past, with a fine penalty shootout win!

GermanyvEngland-1.png

EuropeanFootballChampionship2032-3.png

Here was the England Best XI for 2028:

England-2-1.png

St. Albans City represented by Dean Smith, Samuel Ottley, Michael Ball, Jake Cole and Grace Ngome.

And, the overall Best XI, is as follows:

England-3.png

St. Albans City represented by Michael Ball.

And, finally, a 'Where are they?' for the overall Best XI:

Crouchaldinho-2-16.png

Crikey, you sure endured a lot of extra time with England! It's good to know it's never going to be enjoyable being an England fan! Bad luck with the final too.

It's never going to be enjoyable with me as manager. My record as England manager on FM always disappoints, I'm afraid. Did you not see the chronicles of Fabio Crouchello? :p

A win over Germany on penalty's didn't expect to see that.

I didn't either! :D

Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save - St. Albans City in the Premier League (Season Twenty at Clarence Park [now the St. Albans Stadium!] - 2028/29)

Season Title: The Invincibles - well, almost!

20091026011547!St_albans.png

End of Season 2028/29 Screenshots:

Premier League - WINNERS! We finished top of the pile by a long way. We went the whole season unbeaten. In fact, we won it incredibly and ridiculously early and this title was barely a challenge for us. Quite dull and boring, in fact. :o

League Positions Graph - Total dominance.

Premier League Results 1

Premier League Results 2

Champions League - Runners-up. I honestly thought that we were destined to win it this time. We strolled through the group stages. Beating Inter home and away was a nice bonus. We beat FC Bayern with ease in the first knock-out round, then beat Manchester United with the win at Old Trafford a real highlight of the campaign. In the semi-final, we made easy work of Juventus. Unfortunately, we came undone against Barcelona in the final. An early goal went their way and we just couldn't manage to recover, despite matching them and, in fact, outplaying them for much of the second-half. We were so close to a double. The final was the only game we lost all season long. We picked the worst time to lose for the first time this season. I now hate, hate, hate Barcelona. :mad:

FA Cup - WINNERS! We had a pretty straight-forward route through to the final, with the main challenge of the cup run coming in the semi-final against Liverpool. We made life hard for ourselves in the final but eventually overcame Newcastle to get the victory and record our fifth FA Cup trophy.

League Cup - Quarter-finals. I wanted the full set of domestic trophies again but we couldn't manage it this time as we lost a penalty shootout against Liverpool after drawing with them in the quarter-final tie. This means that we didn't actually lose a domestic game all season long.

Transfers - There was so little activity in the transfer market that I actually forgot to take a screenshot! In the new post-David Turner era (for those who don't know/remember, David Turner was my really generous chairman, who got me through the early years in the PL by throwing cash in my direction) things are quite different. I spent a small amount on a few youngsters but that was all really. The transfer budget was something like £3m.

The players:

This is the best team that I've ever had. It's the double winning team of 2028/29, and so nearly a treble winning team, so I'm going to put up screenshots of pretty much all of the main players in my first-team squad. They are organised by position but after that there is no particular organisation.

Let me know your thoughts on these guys!

Goalkeeper:

Schlomi Soffer

Defenders:

Victor Guerrero

Juan Ignacio

Samuel Ottley

Fullbacks:

Carlos Henriques

Cristobal Alonso

Gennaro Costantini

Dean Smith

Central Midfielders:

Michael Ball

Rodrigo

Carlos Henrique

Armando Ferrara

Robbie Spencer

Wide midfielders:

Guillermo Decima

Jack Cole

Diego Blanco

Alan Thomas

Forwards:

Michel Vermeer

Grace Ngome

Godwin Monday

Ross Hutchinson

John Graham

That's 22 players. I missed out some of the fringe players but these are the main guys who set my FM world alight right now and I love them all to an extent that I am embarrassed to admit even though I know that you guys at FMCU are very much kindred spirits. :p

Team of the Season - Not bad actually. Grace Ngome would be my choice up front alongside Vermeer. Rest of the team looks good though.

Overall Best XI - Dominated by the modern day St. Albans City now and rightly so.

END OF SEASON 2028/29 LEAGUE TABLE & PLAYER STATS:

20091026011547!St_albans.png

Final Premier League Standings:

BarclaysPremierLeague-7-1.png

First Team Squad Statistics (all competitions)- sorted by average rating:

| Pkd   | Inf   | Name                 | Position     | Apps    | Gls   | Ast   | MoM   | Av Rat| Age   | Nat   | Value   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK    | Int   | Nílton               | GK           | 4       | -     | -     | -     | 7.28  | 29    | BRA   | £22M    | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR    | Int   | Dean Smith YP11      | D RL         | 37 (2)  | 1     | 5     | 3     | 7.23  | 25    | ENG   | £9.25M  | 
| DL    | Int   | Cristobal Alonso     | D LC, M L    | 40      | -     | 6     | 1     | 7.22  | 27    | ESP   | £27M    | 
| DC    | Int   | Juan Ignacio         | D C          | 58      | 3     | 2     | 2     | 7.02  | 26    | ESP   | £10.75M | 
| DC    | Int   | Samuel Ottley        | D C          | 47      | 1     | 3     | 1     | 6.92  | 30    | ENG   | £6.5M   | 
| MR    | Int   | Guillermo Décima     | WB/AM R      | 48 (7)  | 9     | 11    | 8     | 7.28  | 27    | ARG   | £34M    | 
| ML    | Int   | Diego Blanco         | M L          | 21      | 4     | 5     | 5     | 7.42  | 29    | ESP   | £14.5M  | 
| MC    | Int   | Rodrigo              | D C, DM, M C | 34 (4)  | 7     | 5     | 1     | 7.14  | 30    | BRA   | £5.5M   | 
| MC    | Int   | Michael Ball         | M RLC        | 48 (4)  | 6     | 16    | 2     | 7.05  | 27    | ENG   | £25M    | 
| ST    | Int   | Grace Ngome          | ST           | 37 (5)  | 16    | 7     | 4     | 7.23  | 27    | ENG   | £28.5M  | 
| ST    | Int   | Michel Vermeer       | ST           | 59 (1)  | 57    | 19    | 16    | 7.74  | 28    | NED   | £21.5M  | 
| S1    | Int   | Jacques Kanté        | GK           | -       | -     | -     | -     | -     | 31    | CIV   | £1.5M   | 
| S2    | Int   | Carlos Henrique      | D RL, WB R   | 17 (7)  | -     | 5     | 1     | 7.19  | 23    | BRA   | £20.5M  | 
| S3    | Int   | Nino Amestoy         | D C, DM, M C | 0 (11)  | -     | 1     | -     | 6.79  | 23    | FRA   | £5M     | 
| S4    | Int   | Carlos Henrique      | DM, M C      | 27 (15) | 1     | 11    | -     | 6.90  | 25    | BRA   | £11.5M  | 
| S5    | Int   | Jack Cole            | AM RL        | 22 (28) | 4     | 7     | 2     | 6.96  | 25    | ENG   | £18.25M | 
| S6    | Int   | Alan Thomas          | AM RL        | 26 (13) | 6     | 9     | -     | 7.17  | 22    | ENG   | £15M    | 
| S7    | Int   | Godwin Monday        | ST           | 16 (19) | 15    | 6     | 5     | 7.30  | 27    | NGA   | £16.75M | 
| -     | Inj   | Shlomi Soffer        | GK           | 58      | -     | 2     | 4     | 7.17  | 35    | ISR   | £9.25M  | 
| -     | Int   | Gennaro Costantini   | D RL, WB L   | 32 (5)  | -     | 5     | -     | 7.21  | 31    | ITA   | £2.5M   | 
| -     | Int   | José Manuel          | DM, AM RC    | 2 (1)   | -     | 1     | -     | 7.37  | 27    | ESP   | £5.5M   | 
| -     | Hol   | Víctor Hugo Guerrero | D C          | 16 (6)  | -     | -     | -     | 6.97  | 25    | PAR   | £7.75M  | 
| -     | Wnt   | Armando Ferrara      | DM, M C      | 10 (13) | 2     | 5     | -     | 6.91  | 24    | ITA   | £8.25M  | 
| -     | Int   | Emrah Kuyumcu        | D RC         | 5 (4)   | -     | 1     | -     | 7.19  | 23    | ENG   | £5M     | 
| -     | Int   | Ross Hutchinson      | ST           | 7 (8)   | 2     | 2     | -     | 7.06  | 22    | ENG   | £8.25M  | 
| -     | Int   | John Graham          | AM R, ST     | 3 (21)  | 5     | 1     | 1     | 6.94  | 20    | SCO   | £11M    | 
| -     | Int   | Robbie Spencer YP15  | M C          | 4 (2)   | 1     | -     | -     | 6.65  | 20    | ENG   | £5.5M   | 
| -     | Int   | Noah Barre           | ST           | 3 (2)   | -     | 2     | -     | 6.92  | 17    | FRA   | £3.5M   | 

smilies-9274.png

Other Club Info:

Fans’ Player of the season: Michel Vermeer (for the sixth season running!)

Signing of the season: There wasn't one as I didn't sign anyone for the first-team this year.

Top goalscorer(s): Michel Vermeer with 57 overall (37 in the league).

Most Assists: Michel Vermeer with 19.

Most MoM awards: Michel Vermeer with 16.

Best Average Rating: Michel Vermeer with 7.74 (60 apps).

Average Attendance: 44,590 (around a 300 decrease).

Season Tickets: 12,431 (around 300 more than last year).

Club finances: We have a lot of debt at the moment. The post-David Turner era is not good!

City Legends: Wilfred Minter, Steve Clark, Phil Wood, CROUCHALDINHO, Michel Vermeer

City Icons: Colin Lippiatt, Lee Clarke, Peter Risley, Kevin Mudd, Richard Evans, Paul Bastock, Andres Abdesalam.

City Favourites:

Most League Apps for Club - Steve Clark 488 (all time), Shlomi Soffer 290 (current).

Most League Goals for Club - Steve Clark 322 (all time), Michel Vermeer 194 (current).

Youth academy products season reports (the youngsters that my assistant recommended):

These days, I'm just reporting on youth products who manage to make it and play in my first-team.

Luke Hoyte YP1 finally decide to retire. He was my first ever newgen on this save. He'll always been a legend for me as he played at every level from the BSS to the Premier League on our rise up the leagues. I'm glad that I managed to get him to join our backroom staff, where he will be working as a coach from now on. Here is his career biography. :cool:

Dean Smith (YP11) is now becoming almost as legendary as Luke Hoyte. A very good season this season from him. Nothing outstanding but just solid and reliable.

100 club (players that have made 100 league apps for the club under my management):

Name                	Position  	Era             Apps	Goals	Honours	
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Soffer		GK		2021-Present	290	0	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								Premier League (2024, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029)
								FA Cup (2023, 2024, 2028)
								League Cup (2024, 2025, 2027, 2028)
								FIFA World Club Cup (2025)
								UEFA European Super Cup (2025)
								Community Shield (2021, 2022, 2024, 2026, 2027, 2028)

Luke Hoyte (YP1)	DL		2010-2021	284	3	FA Cup (2021)
								Coca-Cola League Two (2015)
								Blue Square Premier (2014)
								Blue Square South (2012)

Michael Ball		MRLC		2021-Present	258	30	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2023, 2024, 2028)
								Carling Cup (2024, 2025, 2027, 2028, 2029)

Dean Smith YP11		DR		2020-Present	230	1	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2021, 2023, 2024, 2028, 2029)		
								Community Shield (2024, 2026, 2027, 2028)

Aleksandar Dimitrov	AM/FC		2017-2026	216	89	Premier League (2024)
								FA Cup (2023 & 2024)
								Carling Cup (2025)
								Community Shield (2021, 2022, 2024)

Christobal Alonso	DL		2021-Present	211	4	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2023, 2024, 2028, 2029)

Andres Abdesalam	MC		2016-2023	206	25	FA Cup (2021)
								Community Shield (2021)

Michel Vermeer		ST		2023-Present	205	194	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2028, 2029)
								Community Shield (2026, 2027, 2028)

Borja Rodriguez Sanchez	DC		2016-2021	182	4	FA Cup (2021)

William Carvalho	DM/MC		2015-2022	176	9	FA Cup (2021)

Steffen Norgaard	AM/FC		2020-2027	171	37	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								Premier League (2024, 2026)
								FA Cup (2021, 2023, 2024)
								League Cup (2024, 2025)

Victor Yegorov		ST		2018-2023	157	77	FA Cup (2021)
								Community Shield (2021, 2022)

Laurence Gaughan	DRC		2009-2015	152	3	Coca-Cola League Two (2015)
								Blue Square South (2012)

Sol Shields		MC		2009-2014	152	10	Blue Square South (2012)

Guillermo Decima	AMR		2024-Present	148	31	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								Premier League (2026, 2027, 2028, 2029)
								FA Cup (2029)
								League Cup (2025, 2027, 2028)
								Community Shield (2024, 2026, 2028)

Tom Stansfield		MRC		2020-2026	146	8	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								Premier League (2024)
								FA Cup (2021, 2023)
								League Cup (2025)

Steven Hetherington	AMLC		2013-2017	146	21	Coca-Cola League Two (2015)																	Blue Square Premier (2014)

Samuel Ottley		DC		2024-Present	143	7	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2028, 2029)
								League Cup (2027, 2028)
								Community Shield (2024, 2026, 2027, 2028)

Jack Cole		AMRL		2022-Present	141	7	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2024, 2029)
								League Cup (2024, 2027, 2028)

Ryan Carolan		DLC       	2009-2013	137	3    	Blue Square South (2012)

Diego Blanco 		ML		2024-Present	134	19	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2029)
								League Cup (2025, 2027, 2028)
								Community Shield (2024, 2026, 2028)

Mick Hodgson 		DC		2014-2019	131	7	Coca-Cola League Two (2015)

Massimo Maffei		DC		2022-2027	129	4	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2023, 2024)
								League Cup (2024, 2025)			
								Community Shield (2022)

Horacio Palomino	ST		2015-2018	127	63	

Craig Calver 		ST 		2009-2015	122	45	Coca-Cola League Two (2015)
								Blue Square South (2012)								

Christian Lorenz	DM/MC		2020-2027	113	5	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								Premier League (2024)
								FA Cup (2021, 2023, 2024)
								League Cup (2025)
								Community Shield (2022)

Rodrigo			MC		2025-Present	113	9	Premier League (2026, 2027, 2028, 2029)
								FA Cup (2028, 2029)
								League Cup (2027)		
								Fifa World Club Cup (2025)
								Uefa Super Cup (2025)

Harry Kane		AM/FC		2022-2026	112	44	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								FA Cup (2024)
								League Cup (2024)
								Community Shield (2022, 2024)

James Rhodes		DR		2016-2021	112	1	

JJ O'Donnell		AMRLC		2009-2014	111	10	Blue Square South (2012)

Ben Martin 		DC		2010-2014	109	4	Blue Square South (2012)

Jose Manuel		DM/AMRC		2021-Present	106	5	UEFA Champions League (2025)
								Premier League (2024)
								FA Cup (2023, 2028)
								League Cup (2024, 2025, 2028)
								FIFA World Club Cup (2026)
								Community Shield (2021, 2022)

Peter Smith		DL		2009-2013	105 	4	Blue Square South (2012)

Paul Hakim 		FC		2009-2013	102	27	Blue Square South (2012)

James Quilter		DRC/DM/MC	2009-2013	102	1	Blue Square South (2012)

James Fisher		DR/MC		2009-2013	100	2	Blue Square South (2012)

Alfie Potter		AMR		2012-2015	100	17	Coca-Cola League Two (2015)

I actually get a bit misty eyed when looking through some of these names. :o

Other News:

o St. Albans City win the title with Arsenal finishing as runners-up. The rest of the top four is made up by Liverpool and Man Utd. Blackpool, Walsall and West Brom were relegated.

o St. Albans City won the FA Cup by beating Newcastle United in the final.

o Arsenal won the League Cup defeating Liverpool in the final.

o Barcelona defeat St. Albans Ciy in the final of the European Champions League.

o The Europa was won by Man City. They defeated Werder Bremen in the final.

o Watford finished in 14th place in the Championship.

o Luton Town finished in 7th in League One, just outside the play-offs. In fact, they missed out on the play-offs by just one point!

o Stevenage finished 12th in League Two.

If you want to know how your team are getting on then ask me and I will let you know!

My Manager Awards:

(I only missed the March award this time around! :o)

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Year.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for May.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for April.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for February.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for January.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for December.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for November.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for September.

- 2028/29 Premier League Manager of the Month for August.

- 2027/28 Premier League Manager of the Year.

- 2027/28 Premier League Manager of the Month for April.

- 2027/28 Premier League Manager of the Month for March.

- 2027/28 Premier League Manager of the Month for February.

- 2027/28 Premier League Manager of the Month for January.

- 2027/28 Premier League Manager of the Month for December.

- 2027/28 Premier League Manager of the Month for August.

- 2026/27 Premier League Manager of the Year.

- 2026/27 Premier League Manager of the Month for February.

- 2026/27 Premier League Manager of the Month for December

- 2026/27 Premier League Manager of the Month for September.

- 2025/26 Premier League Manager of the Year.

- 2025/26 Premier League Manager of the Month for January.

- 2025/26 Premier League Manager of the Month for November.

- 2025/26 Premier League Manager of the Month for September.

- 2025/26 Premier League Manager of the Month for August.

- 2024/25 Premier League Manager of the Year Runner-up.

- 2024/25 Premier League Manager of the Month for March.

- 2024/25 Premier League Manager of the Month for January.

- 2024/25 Premier League Manager of the Month for December.

- 2023/24 Premier League Manager of the Year.

- 2023/24 Premier League Manager of the Month for April.

- 2023/24 Premier League Manager of the Month for December.

- 2023/24 Premier League Manager of the Month for September.

- 2022/23 Premier League Manager of the Year third-placed.

- 2022/23 Premier League Manager of the Month for October.

- 2022/23 Premier League Manager of the Month for September.

- 2021/22 Premier League Manager of the Year Runner-up.

- 2021/22 Premier League Manager of the month for January.

- 2021/22 Premier League Manager of the month for December.

- 2020/21 Premier League Manager of the Month for May.

- 2019/20 Coca-Cola Championship Manager of the Year Third Place.

- 2016/17 Coca-Cola League One Manager of the Year Third Place.

- 2016/17 Coca-Cola League One Manager of the Month for April.

- 2016/17 Coca-Cola League One Manager of the Month for February.

- 2014/15 Coca-Cola League Two Manager of the Year.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Year.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for April.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for March.

- 2013/14 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for December.

- 2012/13 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Year Third Place.

- 2012/13 Blue Square Premier Manager of the Month for December.

- 2011/12 Blue Square South Manager of the Season.

- 2010/11 Blue Square Manager of the Month for September.

- 2010/11 Blue Square South Manager of the Season Third Place.

- 2009/10 Blue Square South Manager of the Season Runner-up.

Career Overview:

My managerial record at the Saints (2009 - Present [7304 days]):

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1108	655	260	193	1855	975	59.12%		Champions League (2025)
							FA Cup (2021, 2023, 2024, 2028, 2029)
							Coca-Cola League Two (2015)
							Blue Square South (2012)									
							FIFA Club World Cup (2025)

Cups:

| Season 	| Champions Lge	| Europa League	| FA Cup	| League Cup	|  FL Trophy	| FA Trophy		
|-----------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------
| 09/10 (BSS) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 		|  		| 3rd Qual Rnd 
| 10/11 (BSS) 	| 		|		| 1st Rnd    	|    		|  		| 1st Rnd
| 11/12 (BSS) 	| 		|		| 2nd Rnd    	|  		|  		| 1st Rnd
| 12/13 (BSP) 	| 		|		| 2nd Rnd    	|  		|  		| 3rd Rnd
| 13/14 (BSP)	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 		|  		| 1st Rnd
| 14/15 (L2) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 1st Rnd 	|  1st Rnd	| 
| 15/16 (L1) 	|		| 		| 1st Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|  S Semi	| 
| 16/17 (L1) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|  1st Rnd	| 
| 17/18 (Ch) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 2nd Rnd 	|    		| 
| 18/19 (Ch) 	| 		|		| 5th Rnd    	| 3rd Rnd 	|    		| 
| 19/20 (Ch) 	| 		|		| 3rd Rnd    	| 3rd Rnd 	|  	  	| 
| 20/21 (Pr) 	| 		|		| WINNERS!  	| 3rd Rnd 	|  	  	| 
| 21/22 (Pr) 	|		| Semi-finals	| 5th Round  	| Runners-up 	|  	  	| 
| 22/23 (Pr) 	| Runners-up	| 		| WINNERS!	| Semi-finals 	|  	  	| 
| 23/24 (Pr) 	| Semi-finals	| 		| WINNERS!	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 24/25 (Pr) 	| WINNERS!	| 		| 5th Rnd	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 25/26 (Pr) 	| 1st KO Rnd	| 		| 5th Rnd	| 3rd Rnd 	|  	  	| 
| 26/27 (Pr) 	| 1st KO Rnd	| 		| 6th Rnd	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 27/28 (Pr) 	| Semi-finals	| 		| WINNERS!	| WINNERS! 	|  	  	| 
| 28/29 (Pr) 	| Runners-up	| 		| WINNERS!	| QFs		|  	  	| 

League:

Season      	Team      		League      	Position   	Achievements & Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10      	St. Albans City   	BSS	    	4th      	FA Cup 3rd Rnd
2010/11		St. Albans City   	BSS	    	2nd      	Play-off finalists
2011/12		St. Albans City   	BSS	    	[b]1st		[/b][b]BSS Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2012/13		St. Albans City   	BSP	    	5th      	
2013/14		St. Albans City		BSP		[b]1st		[/b][b]BSP Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2014/15		St. Albans City		CCL2		[b]1st		[/b][b]League Two Champions[/b], Manager of the Season
2015/16		St. Albans City		CCL1		3rd		Play-off finalists
2016/17		St. Albans City		CCL1		2nd		Automatic Promotion
2017/18		St. Albans City		CCCh		7th		
2018/19		St. Albans City		CCCh		4th		Play-off finalists
2019/20		St. Albans City		CCCh		2nd		Automatic Promotion
2020/21		St. Albans City		Prem		10th		[b]FA Cup Winners[/b]
2021/22		St. Albans City		Prem		2nd		CShield winners. League Cup runners-up
2022/23		St. Albans City		Prem		2nd		CShield winners. [b]FA Cup Winners![/b] CL runners-up
2023/24		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		[b]Domestic treble: PL title, FA Cup & League Cup![/b] 
2024/25		St. Albans City		Prem		2nd		CShield winners. [b]Champions League & League Cup winners![/b] 
2025/26		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		[b]Premier League winners![/b] Club World Cup & Euro Super Cup winners
2026/27		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]Premier League and League Cup winners![/b] 
2027/28		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]Domestic treble: PL title, FA Cup & League Cup![/b] 
2028/29		St. Albans City		Prem		[b]1st[/b]		CShield Winners. [b]Domestic double: PL title & FA Cup![/b] 

Archived