Wingers or no wingers ?

wwhich you prefer in your formation  

150 members have voted

1. 1. wwhich you prefer in your formation

• With Wingers
    • Without Wingers
    • Other ..

really depends on the team i have, I do however find it tricky to find good wingers on fm10 (and the good once are bloody expenssive), so im leaning towards winger free tactics, if my squad dont start with good wingers

with winger :)

more complex

without winger the AI will counter the tactics in 2nd or 3rd season like hough tactics

but hough tactics is still good tactics :)

if you just play the same tactic over and over for 2-3 years the ai will slowly figure out how to beat you (even if you use wingers), so its often good to have a cuple of tactics to alternate betwin

really depends on the team i have, I do however find it tricky to find good wingers on fm10 (and the good once are bloody expenssive), so im leaning towards winger free tactics, if my squad dont start with good wingers

if you just play the same tactic over and over for 2-3 years the ai will slowly figure out how to beat you (even if you use wingers), so its often good to have a cuple of tactics to alternate betwin

not with winggers mate :) so much creativity and space

plus if u can use "roam" properly like samba tactic by zero sea

no team can stop you ;) except referee:p

after 3-4 years opponent just put more meat shield at defence

and rely on diving in our pinalty box, hoping the ref will give it call

we just simply improve our player skills and mentality during those year

so much space to cross, thruupass, and run :cool:

unless u use same wingger in 2-4 year in a row

I like to use wingers but I like to give them different roles.

My right hand side has Gianni Zuiverloon and Freddie Ljungberg/Seol K-Hyeon; my left side has Javier Garrido and Chris Brunt.

I set RB Zuiverloon to wing back role and RW Ljungberg/Seol to a wide midfield role with support. More attacking defender, less attacking winger.

I balance this by playing LB Garrido as a full back (more defensive) and LW Brunt as an out and out attacking winger. I also have the more defensive of my central midfielders on the left of the centre to cover Brunt whereas my more attacking central midfielder is to the right.

At home, I am creating goals galore. Away from home, I have other issues but am getting there. Wingers work for me.

I like real wingers but there is big BUT, they don't work well for me so I need to use inside forwards but since that also isn't working very well I've switched to wingless formations and wingbacks give width.

i see many people saying that wingers is not working, and i so far enjoy them in my game very much, today i will try put one tactic that working for me and maybe it will help, worth a try ;)

I'm partial to wide tactics, and have recently begun to appreciate a combination of an Inside Forward on one flank and a "traditional" Winger on the other.

But also like the idea of asymmetric formations with one winger. So... other?

In the lower leagues, I'm using narrower formations without wingers, whereas with big clubs, I'm using wingers, simply because the quality of attributes available is that much higher for the roles.

With the narrower tactics though, it doesn't reduce wide play to be non-existent. Depending which wing the play is heading down during a game, I find that one of my strikers will peel out wide, whilst the other remains central, with midfield backup. I think that this can prove very effective, making strikers difficult to man-mark.

Overall though, although I prefer wider tactics and wingers, it depends on the team I'm playing as, the level they are, but most importantly, the suitability of the players I can get.

Wingers...as inside forwards of course :D Easily the team with the most goals, eclipsing the next best by about 30

i like playing with wingers, i think using them this way works best on the game. altough i think to have them you need two 'tacklers' in the middle of the park.

although i do love mr.hough's tactics as they are amazing.....but i'm trying to work on a tactic with wingers and i'm not good at making tactics.

On my Athletico Madrid save I have Gourcuff, Toulalan, Raul Garcia and Camacho and it benefits me to have most of them playing which reduces my use of wingers. But I guess it depends where you have quality on the pitch although its good to have variation to not get predictable.

Archived