Too many penalty saves in 10.3?

My last 5 penalties have all been saved since the release of 10.3 so I've started this thread to see of anyone else suffers the same before I shift it onto the bugs forum.

Since the patch I've only had one against me and it was scored.

What is your taker like?

Into 10.2 every penalty was a goal, it seems you say now that's the opposite......oouch

I never said that about 10.2, I thought it was about right, see below.

Me neither. I generally had some saved on both sides before the patch.

That was a my statement, I think you can agree that with 10.2 every penalty was a goal.

I think to read through your comments that now the situation has deeply changed and cause I have been obliged by Steam to upgrade to 10.3 despiting I had set the opposite, I am now concerned about having 50% of penalties blocked by the keeper, and I also wonder why SI touched so much the game balance in terms of penalties, injuries, transfers etc ....

It would have been better to apport slight mods only instead of changing massively the game behaviour IMO.

That was a my statement, I think you can agree that with 10.2 every penalty was a goal.

I think to read through your comments that now the situation has deeply changed and cause I have been obliged by Steam to upgrade to 10.3 despiting I had set the opposite, I am now concerned about having 50% of penalties blocked by the keeper, and I also wonder why SI touched so much the game balance in terms of penalties, injuries, transfers etc ....

It would have been better to apport slight mods only instead of changing massively the game behaviour IMO.

Reading the posts in this thread seems to indicate that five straight penalty saves is an anomaly. At any rate it's hardly a proven fact either way at this point so I don't really see the basis for your pessimism. I do realize that you are referring to other changes as well but this thread was about penalties, yes?

Yep, it is anyway at least unexpected an increase of let's say ca. 40% of such aspect of the game, considering that's the latest patch so there will be no more room for corrections I think the saved penalty ratio increase of roughly 40% it is quite a risk that seems to be overstimated now, or not ?

Yep, it is anyway at least unexpected an increase of let's say ca. 40% of such aspect of the game, considering that's the latest patch so there will be no more room for corrections I think the saved penalty ratio increase of roughly 40% it is quite a risk that seems to be overstimated now, or not ?

Recently you seem to be jumping to conclusions about the game grep before any can be reasonably reached which I don't remember you doing previously.

Using 10.2 its wrong to say all penalties are scored because I've seem several saved/missed during my current save - I haven't looked at the data but I would estimate around one in ten of my penalties got saved although I could be well out with that estimate.

Must just be me then. He has 15 for penalty taking, 16 composure, 15 for technique.

I think you need to look at other attributes as well Simon.

I had a DL on FM08 who didn't have the greatest attributes for freekicks/technique but he scored 10+ season.

I'm also getting backroom advice in FM10 that certain players shouldn't be taking penalties/FKs/Corners despite them having high attributes in those areas. The coaches are recommending players that wouldn't be amongst my first choices.

Does your taker blast them or place them?

Other things I would possibly consider would be finishing, pressure, experience, PPMs (places shots?), decisions, determination.

See the matter from my point of view, I have been obliged to have 10.3 by Steam despiting my wish and settings, told that, I am afraid of 10.3 because even if I still have to try it out I still remember FM09 latest patch that ruined my game and only thanks to a miracle I was able to revert it back to the previous patch, speaking within Steam environment it is impossible doing that you know.

So, I have to concentrate on what forumers say, and here people speak about a strong increase of saved penalties. Now considering that within 10.2 they were definitely unbalanced on the opposite side ( 98% were goals ) I am scared about how SI decided to increase of 40% the saved penalties into their very last patch, what let them be so self confident ?

-

But only Simon has raised the issue so far after having five saved/missed and he is trying to establish if this is what other are experiencing or if his experience was a freak one.

So far not many have responded but from those that have the initial conclusion you would draw is that Simon's experience is probably more of a freak occurrence.

Also I don't know what the real life % are for penalty saves but I would have expected around 80%-90% to have been scored overall.

But only Simon has raised the issue so far after having five saved/missed and he is trying to establish if this is what other are experiencing or if his experience was a freak one.

So far not many have responded but from those that have the initial conclusion you would draw is that Simon's experience is probably more of a freak occurrence.

Also I don't know what the real life % are for penalty saves but I would have expected around 80%-90% to have been scored overall.

Your thought is right, I also hope your statements are right.

I also hope that someonelse ( is that an english word ?? ) will chime in to report his experience and to witness that Simon is a freak ( no offense of course )

grep what Cougar says here is right. I only posted this thread to see if I was one of the only people suffering from it which would indicate it's something I'm doing or if it's a broader problem that others are suffering from. It appears it's the former and in no way was i saying that the game is broken, it's obviously something I'm doing.

Cougar - Finishing - 17, Decisions - 14, Determination - 15. PPM - Shoots with power.

He used to score loads of penalties on 10.2.

Your thought is right, I also hope your statements are right.

I also hope that someonelse ( is that an english word ?? ) will chime in to report his experience and to witness that Simon is a freak ( no offense of course )

:thdn: Freak? I take offense to that regardless of English perhaps not being you first language. The fact you said no offence clearly means you had an agenda.

:thdn: Freak? I take offense to that regardless of English perhaps not being you first language. The fact you said no offence clearly means you had an agenda.

Freak to myself means something like " eccentric " .... I think to remember also BATMAN into the Dark Knight told the same refferring also to himself comparing to another one .....

Sorry if it is not like that

Must just be me then. He has 15 for penalty taking, 16 composure, 15 for technique.

Does he place shots or blast them in? I have seen several complaints that players with the "places shot" personal move are not good at penalties (though I have never really noticed this myself).

Does he place shots or blast them in? I have seen several complaints that players with the "places shot" personal move are not good at penalties (though I have never really noticed this myself).

No, he "likes to strike ball with power". Im eagerly awaiting the next penalty now :D

I take that as him saying that it's a freak of nature happening to you and that you are just unlucky.

I had to look back but before reading your post I had scored 3 from 3.. since reading it I missed 2 in 2 games.............

I blame you ;)

I got a stinker of a draw in the first round of the Czech cup.

Under their rules, it's penalties after 90 minutes

The game finished 2 - 2

Here's how the penalties went

My team: OOOXX

Their team: OOOXO

The first of my misses was put wide of goal and the other tamely straight at the keeper

Their miss was straight at my keeper

I would say it looks about right.

Especially as both of my missers had sub-10 penalty taking stats. I forgot to substitute some decent penalty takers onto the pitch before the end of the game and paid dearly.

It's a computer game so you just hit an unlucky streak which might not seem probable in real life but it is the nature of the beast. Maybe your team/player missing 5 in a row suggests something needs a tweak, maybe not. What I do know is this

EPL full season (FM): 84 given, 71 converted => 84.5%

EPL real 2008/2009: 85 given, 67 converted => 78.8%

EPL real 2009/2010 as of Feb 25: 69 awarde, 54 converted =>78.3%

So based on that statistical measure there are actually too many being saved. No more than your opening description that one off season in FM may also be a statistical anomaly but it is less likely to be so than yours due to the sample size.

Patch 10.2 my team scored 20/20 penalties in 2 seasons and won the Charity Shield in first game of first season 14-13 on penalties

Patch 10.3 my team has scored 3/5 and opposition 3/3 in about 14 games, much better IMHO, small sample size notwithstanding.

Archived