FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

After some pre-season talks with Barca it was pretty clear that VDV would not be joining me, so I have opted for Aimar instead... Now I'll be playing him and Prince in the middle. He did set me back 20Million so I can only HOPE he repays me.

Oddly enough Julio Baptista has just been offered to me by Madrid for 3.5Million, any reason why or for what purpose? Think I'll sign him and see what happens. Also had six million and Arthu Lupoli for Tianio, took the money and now looking to offload Art!

Dave.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DaveyF:

Oddly enough Julio Baptista has just been offered to me by Madrid for 3.5Million, any reason why or for what purpose?

Dave.

Im coming towards the end of my 2nd season and theres always news about Baptista being unhappy at Madrid.If you have shown an interest in him then sometimes the player will be offered to you just so they can get rid of him for some money.Maybe hes nearing the end of his contract to.

Anyone else always getting the board complaining you should be doing better?

Plus they are saying one of my new signings is not looking good and the fans are not happy.Yet hes only 21 and has only played 6 games for me and scored 3 goals.

Reece, maybe I did look at him at the start, good shout...

I've picked him up anyway, and the fans seem happy plus shirt sales went up. He'll be in the rotation list. Just about to start my second season, and am hoping to break the top three up!

The midfield is pretty bulky now, so I have enough depth there I think.

Guest hoverdonkey07

Just finished my first season. Finished a comfortable third - could afford to play my reserves for the last four games in preparation for the UEFA Cup final, which I lost to Liverpool. Went on a 26 game unbeaten streak in the middle of the season which set me up lovely.

Played a 442 diamond formation, with this team (back-ups in brackets).

GK: James

RB: Chimbonda (Lee)

CB: King (Vermaelen)

CB: Samba (Dawson

LB: Bale (Lee)

RM: Lennon (Malbranque)

LM: Ricardo Gardner (Malbranque/Bale)

DM: Kaboul (Huddlestone)

AM: Alex (Boateng, with the odd game for Taarabt)

ST: Berbatov/Keane

ST: Bent

Bent was sensational and scored 40 goals for me, with Keane getting 19 and Berba 16. Sold Defoe to Pompey for cash plus James. Kaboul superb in that defensive midfielder role, but we did struggle to keep clean sheets so I'm going to upgrade the RB position. Also, I only got James on a one-year deal so am pondering on which keeper to go for. Samba was superb for a 2m buy from Blackburn.

Boateng, Bale, Taarabt, Lennon, Huddlestone all expected to step up a level next season so not expecting to buy too many players. Dixon may get the odd cup game too.

Got 31.5m to spend in the summer, a right back and keeper the priority.

In theory I'm trying to us original team, finished 3rd 1st season and currently 2nd after 25games 2nd season. Unfortunately sold Jenas for 10M to Newcastle. Added Samba 1st season and sold for 5m.Added Guardado 2nd season £20.5m

Robinson

Bale

Dawson

King

Chimbonda

Boateng/Huddlestone

Zokora

Lennon

Guardado

Berbatov

Defoe

The AI Tactical change on Patch is to use an barrow on DM nullifying the diamond. I therefore generally use variations of std 442 during game with good results 4-2 win away to Real madrid and 2-1 win at home.

The tactic set up is mostly std but matching mentality with closing down. The only twist is using tight marking for the midfield

Variations are provided by tempo/passing/width (slow temp and short passing will give possesion) and high closing down during part of match. Also use a wide diamond and narrow diamond with short passing and 424 as shock tactics.

In away games it can be useful to use TM and run onto ball especially with Bent.

IMO the tactics side is more style of play or playing to team strengths, or varying to suit opposition. However start defensive to get results and then build on the results.

There is not a magical tactic and the std 442 with ManU on demo produced 10 straight wins with 30 goals, so the best players playing at their best will make any tactic look good.

I also downloaded a few tactics on Demo played as Man City used tactic for all friendlies and they just did not work

Just finished my 2nd season and finished 8th and the board have refused to offer me a new contract.

My seasons been up and down like a yoyo.

Pretty much lept the same formation and tactics except a few ingame tweaks and its soooo inconsistent.

I go unbeaten for 7 games beating Liverpool and Man Utd in the process and then cant win for the next 5 games.

Its getting so frustrating and on the verge of binning the game.

ok, my last game was a 3-0/1 win over liverpool. the tactic ive been using is an inconsistent 4-2-1-3 so im thinking of changing.

GK:Robinson

LB:Bale

RB:lee(for now)

CB:King

CBicon_biggrin.gifawson

CM:Jenas

CM:Zokora

ACM:Van Der Vaart(literal class)

FC:keane

FC:bent

FCicon_biggrin.gifefoe/Berbatov(both fairly inconsistent, hoping rotation will change that)

my string of results have been:

west ham:lost 3/2-1

middlesbourough:won 5-1

chelsea:lost 4-1

manchester united:lost 5-2

reading:lost 2-1(should have been 2-2)

some euro cup team:2-2

liverpool:won 3-0/1

interesting to see if i start winning more games because liverpool were top of the table before i played them.

anyone know of a better tactic?

Originally posted by mista T:

ok, my last game was a 3-0/1 win over liverpool. the tactic ive been using is an inconsistent 4-2-1-3 so im thinking of changing.

GK:Robinson

LB:Bale

RB:lee(for now)

CB:King

CBicon_biggrin.gifawson

CM:Jenas

CM:Zokora

ACM:Van Der Vaart(literal class)

FC:keane

FC:bent

FCicon_biggrin.gifefoe/Berbatov(both fairly inconsistent, hoping rotation will change that)

my string of results have been:

west ham:lost 3/2-1

middlesbourough:won 5-1

chelsea:lost 4-1

manchester united:lost 5-2

reading:lost 2-1(should have been 2-2)

some euro cup team:2-2

liverpool:won 3-0/1

interesting to see if i start winning more games because liverpool were top of the table before i played them.

anyone know of a better tactic?

won PL and Euro cup with Fiora2 tactic first season.... Prepatch

Quick update.

Season 1 finished.

The Premiership - 3rd place - W 23 D 4 L 11 F 65 A 41 Pts 73

Won the FA Cup, UEFA Cup and League Cup.

Berbs - 29 goals

Defoe - 24 goals

Boateng - 18 goals

van der Vaart - 16 goals

Aaritalo - 12 goals

Played the best part of the season using my UJ tactic, tweaked here and there. However, loss of form towards the end of the season (injuries etc, AI getting wise) forced me to experiment (which was always going to be a risk).

Basically, I had an idea for a tactic based on UJ but with some drastic differences. So from game to game I would try something different with tempo and passing (for example). Did this over the course of the final 12 games or so. Got there in the final week icon_smile.gif

Having beaten Nurnberg 4-1 in the UEFA Cup final, I then moved onto the FA Cup final against Arsenal (who had already won the title). Beat them 3-1 with the 'final version' of the tactic.

Obviously, its best I hold my horses until I begin the next season and see how I do in the opening 10 league games. I'm happy with it, but it needs to be tested properly.

Will keep you updated with (hopefully) its success.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> | Pkd | Inf | Name | Position | Morale | Form | Con | Apps | Gls | Av Rat |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| GK | | Paul Robinson | GK | Poor | 6-8-7-8-6 | 100% | 6 | - | 6.83 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| DR | Wnt | Sergey Ignashevich | D RC | Superb | 7-7-7-7-7 | 94% | 6 | - | 7.00 |

| DL | | Gareth Bale | D/WB/M L | Okay | 7-6-7-7-8 | 93% | 6 | 1 | 7.00 |

| DC | | Ricardo Rocha | D C | Very Good | 7-8-7-7-7 | 96% | 5 | 1 | 7.00 |

| DC | Wnt | Michael Dawson | D C | Good | 7-7 | 84% | 2 | - | 7.00 |

| MC | | Younes Kaboul | D C, DM | Good | 5-6-6-7-7 | 93% | 2 (2) | - | 6.50 |

| MC | Wnt | Kevin-Prince Boateng | AM C | Poor | 7-6-7-7-7 | 94% | 4 (2) | - | 6.83 |

| MC | | Tom Huddlestone | DM | Very Good | 6-7-7-7-7 | 93% | 4 | - | 7.00 |

| AMR | Wnt | Rodrigo Palacio | F C | Good | 7-8-6-6 | 95% | 2 | - | 6.00 |

| AML | | Matías Fernández | AM LC | Superb | 7-7-6-7-6 | 99% | 4 | - | 6.50 |

| FC | | El-Hadji Diouf | AM RL, F C | Okay | 7-6-7-7-7 | 94% | 6 | - | 6.67 |

| S1 | | Radek Cerny | GK | Okay | 6-6-6-7 | 95% | - | - | - |

| S2 | | Jonathan Evans | D C | Okay | 7-7-7-6-6 | 100% | 4 | - | 6.50 |

| S3 | | Dimitar Berbatov | ST | Poor | 8-7-7-6-7 | 95% | 5 (1) | 2 | 7.00 |

| S4 | Wnt | Gabriel Torje | AM R, ST | Good | 6-7-6-7-6 | 92% | 0 (5) | - | 6.40 |

| S5 | | Mamadou Sakho | D LC | Good | 6-6-7-7-7 | 97% | 0 (1) | - | 7.00 |

| S6 | | Steed Malbranque | AM RLC | Okay | 6-6-7-7-7 | 88% | 0 (1) | - | 7.00 |

| S7 | | Paul Stalteri | D R | Good | 7-7-5-7 | 95% | - | - | - |

| - | Wnt | Rafael van der Vaart | AM C | Good | 7-6 | 100% | 2 | 1 | 6.50 |

| - | Inj | Klaas-Jan Huntelaar | ST | Good | 6-6-7-6-7 | 70% | 2 (2) | 1 | 6.25 |

| - | Wnt | Ledley King | D C | Poor | - | 77% | - | - | - |

| - | Lst | Wayne Routledge | AM RL | Poor | 7-7-7-7-7 | 95% | - | - | - |

| - | Unh | Hossam Ghaly | M RC | Very Good | 8-6-7-7-8 | 100% | 0 (1) | - | 6.00 |

| - | Wnt | Ever Banega | DM | Good | 7-7 | 92% | 1 | - | 7.00 |

| - | | Matthieu Saunier | D RC | Good | - | 95% | - | - | - |

| - | | Eros Corradini | GK | Okay | - | 94% | - | - | - |

| - | | Samuel | AM C | Okay | - | 98% | - | - | - |

| | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

This is my squad and i'm 16th place 6 games in, anyone got a tactic i could use?

Season 3 Akinfeev in (14m) Robbo broke an arm and VDV (11m) as still unhappy. 5 wins 15-0 goals already 4pts clear and Zokora still in 1st 11.

Tactics - 1st game of season Tom was sent off 1-0 up (Reading) so changed to 4DMs with farrows and Berbs with a barrow won 4-0.

UJs tactics work but not 442, Fiora's work but I do not use counter attack, so I tweak various ideas until they start to work.

Fiora is a good place to start but levae out arrows apart from LM &RM, tight mark only for MCs add Cf for AM and Strs

my best finish with the mighty spurs was 2nd in my 1st season.

im just way to start the 2nd season.

signings in 1st season coloccini,naldo,van der vaart,boateng(some israeli team)

2nd season i have just bought Makoun from lille to replace Zokora who i sold.

very hard 1st season won the league cup,got beat in uefa cup final by bayern and got knocked out of fa cup buy the gooner *****.

any1 got any good tactics as i keep changing mine.

Levy decided to accept Portsmouth's €17.75m bid for Chimbonda, which i probably would've done too had it been the end of season, not mid-season. with the money i bought Lassana Diarra from Arsenal, he was just sitting in the reserves so i grabbed him, paid more than i wanted too, but that happens when buying from rivals, he cost me €15m + 20% next of sale.

changed tactics abit, or to be more precise the formation, haven't lost yet with the new formation and currently sitting 3rd icon_smile.gif

Nearing the end of my 1st season in charge and half the team is 'unhappy' with Routledge.....who annoyingly has been pretty good cover for Lennon..so I'm going to sell him in the summer but need a replacement right winger to act as cover...would use Malbranque but he's going in the summer as well...

Have about £7million to spend any suggestions

Originally posted by reece1973:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveyF:

Oddly enough Julio Baptista has just been offered to me by Madrid for 3.5Million, any reason why or for what purpose?

Dave.

i had this happen in a lfc game when i accepted they got back saying lots of clubs were interested and they didnt want to sell. 2 weeks later he went on loan to lazio!

Im coming towards the end of my 2nd season and theres always news about Baptista being unhappy at Madrid.If you have shown an interest in him then sometimes the player will be offered to you just so they can get rid of him for some money.Maybe hes nearing the end of his contract to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just starting my second season.

First season came 7th, won UEFA cup, lost FA cup final to Chelski, went out of the Carling Cup early on to the gooners(ouch).

Squad - playing 4-4-1-1

GK - Ustari, Jourdren

RB - Chimbo, Sorin, Ifil

CB - King, Ignashevich, David Luiz, Gardener, Kaboul

LB - Bale, Ekotto

RM - Lennon, Arshavin

CM - Hamsik, Huddlestone, Arshavin, Kaboul, Banega

LM - Dzsudzsak, Taarabt, Lulinha

AM - Lulinha, Arshavin, Berba, Marin

ST - Bent, Zarate, Berba

Best of the reserves:

Torje

Rose

Stancu

Rigioni

Lehtovaata

Best 11

-------------------Ustari---------------------

----------------------------------------------

Chimbo-----Ignashevich-------King-------Bale--

----------------------------------------------

Lennon-----Arshavin------Hamsik------Dzsudzsak

------------------Berbatov--------------------

-------------------Bent-----------------------

I have arrows on the wingers going all the way up, an arrow on Berba going forward and to the left and one on Bent going right.

Berbatov is awsome in that position by the way, top scorer last season with 22 goals, whenever I play an attacking mid there we dont play as well.

Hamsik is a legend! Still waiting to get the best out of Banega but eventually he will replace Arshavin.

Had 33 million to spend at end of first season and Pompey offered 9 million for Robbo so I sold and brought Ustari for 20 million, although I could have brought Cavalieri for 10. Did I make the right choice?

Let me know what you think of the squad and where it can be improved.

Ustari was right choice based on FM07.

Guardado for LM has a release clause.

No Dawson! but good to see you kept Chimbo always kept Borre and Ratinho out of FM07 teams.

I shall have a try with Berb as AMC, variation on Fiora.

Just finished my first season

Came 2nd and won the Uefa.

Berbatov top goalscorer with 26 in league and 36 overall in only 45 games with 17 assists.

Van der Vaart got me 15 goals and 19 assists in 38 games as well but missed loads through injury

Bent got 19 with Keane with 12.

All of Europes biggest clubs are after Taarabt but hes staying.

Playing a diamond at the moment with 2 wingers Aissati & Lennon are first choice though Bale plays on the left sometimes and Taarabt plays there too. Aaritalo sometimes on the right too.

Got Lulinha & Aaron coming in the summer.

Got 1.5m for Tainio whos of in the summer.

Need to get rid of Gardner, Ghaly, Assou-Ekotto, Jenas and a few other reserve players who wont make it.

Just need to get a new right back and maybe some up and comers and let the rest grow.

Maybe a new goalie as well, Robbo did well but still let in a lot of goals and doesnt have good mental stats.

Anyone recommend a rb and goalie. Im thinking Rafinha who could then cover the rw or maybe Behrami

Trying to get Pander from Schalke on a free but hes not listening to offers yet

VDV, Berbs & Robbo all in team of the season.

Screens below of stats for VDV & Berbs & squad

vandervaartlm7.jpg

berbatovqs6.jpg

squadfh5.jpg

Ending my 3rd season with the mighty spurs, and things going pretty well. Won the FA cup in the 1st season and came third, then won the league cup and came 8th in the next. The board weren't happy but gave me another chance, and in the 3rd season I'm on course to finish 2nd, have already won the league cup again, and am in the fa cup final. Playing the semi of the UEFA cup as we speak, and winning 2 1.

First team:

Saivet

Aguero Lennon

Alex/Boateng Van der Vaart Banega

Bale Dawson King Richards

Robinson

Looking to bring in a world class cm in the summer, and try again to get Alves so I can play Richards in the middle with King.

Lulinha coming through, along with Aissati.

Aguero, Van Der Vaart, Lennon and Saivet = gods.

Alex, Banega and other youngsters all wonderkids.

COYS!

I always sign Andrea Barzagli from palermo.

marking, tackling, heading, jumping, determination, influence, composure, concentration, work rate and strength all 20.

Becomes Italy captain. You can get him at the start for about 6.75 million. If not he goes to Real Madrid and is worth 25 million inside 2 years. lol, sod ignashevic!

Second Season down, and another 5th place. And yet another EUFA Cup victory icon_biggrin.gif

Got 35Million in the transfer kitty, Berbs is really really not on form. Bent is out doing him with ease. Gopt a 18Million pound bid in for Owen, worth it?

And other strikers you'd asvise? Using the UJ formation, so single ST. Replays welcomed icon_smile.gif

Dave.

Just finished first season, finished 5th. icon_smile.gif

Did quite well I thought, went a bit downhill towards the end of the season though, was 3rd in March icon_frown.gif

VDV was a fantastic buy. 52 apps in all competitions (40 starts, 12 sub), 19 goals, 13 assists, 5 MoMs and an average rating of 7.06. Also got the Players' Player of the Year award icon_smile.gif

Berbatov was top scorer, 32 goals in 60 apps (57 starts, 3 subs).

Aaron Lennon and KPB were 2nd and 3rd in young players player of the year too.

Won the carling cup, got to the semis of the EURO Cup and came runners up in the FA Cup. Not a bad season icon_smile.gif

My contract was not re-newed after 2nd season with best finish of 7th and carling cup final. Anyone who can help me challenge for 4th in league would be much appeciated. I play 4-4-2 with some tinkering but it's not quite doing the business. Any training hints would also help. I have respect for anyone playing FM with Spurs so I cant wait to hear from you.

Thanks Urban junkie downloaded the patch will try that tonight what differences does it make ,also what is the best pack to download for logos etc

Originally posted by urbanjunkie:

Sortitoutsi - is the place to go for facepacks and logos - check out their forum.

The threads there have everything you need.

The patch is downloadable from here:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/2622077453

Originally posted by paul 1300:

just been to sort it out si and downloaded the Tottenham facepack but I need Winrar to open it and they want to charge 30 euros for the software is there another way of doing this I'm sure when I did this it was easier than this and was free

Go to download.com. I think its like WINZIP. Its a trial version which you can always use, it just has certain features locked. Shouldn't be a problem to get hold of. Download is free.

Archived