FM 2008 : Tottenham Hotspur - Home of The Spurs

Azeryk-

Glad to see everyone having success with the tactic icon_smile.gif

Just a couple of points I wanted to mention, in comparison to the demo.

Berbs (the lone forward) has tight marking unchecked, as suggested previously - and its working a treat with the extra freedom he has.

10 goals in 13 Prem games.

Still can't work out why van deer Vaart hasnt achieved the form from the demo. Seems Boateng has taken it to another level, with 6 goals in 10 Prem games.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by paul 1300:

Cheers Paulinho but do I have to pay a subscription or a donation and which one do I download and is it easy bearing in mind I'm an old man and this computer lark is still quite new to me <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul 1300:

Does anybody Know where to get the prem logos face packs kits and graphics etc

Sort it out si

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=gfx&game=fm2008 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no subscription or even sign up required for downloading stuff from sortitoutsi (at least there wasn't last time I tried).

As for which ones to use I cant really say at the mo' as I haven't tried any.

I made some myself for FM2007 but I've got little time now.

In fact I haven't even taken the sellophane wrapper off my FM2008 copy yet! TBH.

Thanks for your trouble paulinho I used the pack you put together for 2007 and it improved the the experience I,ve looked on sortitoutsi site looks complicated I need to download a winrar to open the files

Originally posted by paulinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul 1300:

Cheers Paulinho but do I have to pay a subscription or a donation and which one do I download and is it easy bearing in mind I'm an old man and this computer lark is still quite new to me <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paulinho:

Does anybody Know where to get the prem logos face packs kits and graphics etc

Sort it out si

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=downloads&area=gfx&game=fm2008 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no subscription or even sign up required for downloading stuff from sortitoutsi (at least there wasn't last time I tried).

As for which ones to use I cant really say at the mo' as I haven't tried any.

I made some myself for FM2007 but I've got little time now.

In fact I haven't even taken the sellophane wrapper off my FM2008 copy yet! TBH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Betis_DK:

AARGGHH Arsenal offered 11,5 millions for Lennon and Levy accepted over my head! That would never happen! I man, surely Spurs would never sell him to their bitter rivals! Major game flaw!

that is definately a major flaw, Levy coulda sold Defoe irl already too but he didn't also Berba coulda been sold for big money irl that has to be sorted out in the first patch

Doing great with a rotation system with Berby, Bent, Defoe and keane. Top of the league, fa cup final and semis of the uefa cup.

In -

Mendieta - 400k

Van der Vaart - £11.5 M

Matias Fernandez - £8 M

Georginho Wijnaldum - 600kIbrahim Kargbo - £2.7M

Mika Vayrynen - 650k

Playing a 4 1 3 1 2

As follows -

GK - Robinson

DR - Kargbo

DL - Bale

DC - Kaboul

DC- King (Dawson in rotation)

DM - Zokora & Huddlestone

CM (L) Jenas & Malbranque Rotated

CM © Van Der Vaart

CM ® Fernandez & Boateng rotated

ST - Berbatov & Bent on rotation

ST - Defoe & Keane on rotation

Gave Van der vaart a free role in the centre, curently on 48 (5) 24 gls, 24 assists, 11 mom.

keane - 25 gls

defoe - 21 gls

bent - 15 gls

Plan to get that David from Palmeiras and replace kargbo with Gianni Zuverloon.

Any queries get in touch!

You've given me an idea there Crucifix.

vdV is not playing all that well (compared to the demo). Relating to my tactic, I'm gonna make the DM a fixed position (rather than free) and make vdV the free role. Allows for more expression IMO and might kick start him.

I'm 20 games into the season, and second (having been first for most of the season) on goal difference with Arsenal top.

Liverpool and Man utd are not doing so well (Fergie sacked).

I'm finding one or two minor flaws, so will fix and complete the season first before uploading anything. TBH - I would suggest the following for anyone using my formation etc (as described earlier). Just use the instructions stated and then fine tune them depending on the players you have in your team (i.e. the players you have bought may not be the same players I have splashed out on).

Once I am at least 95% sure of my tactic, I can email it/upload it etc.

Seems the first half the season up to Xmas is fine (as seen in the demo and in my first saved game) however, there are some niggling problems away from home. I have lost against some weak teams, and was also thrashed 5-0 by a relatively poor Utd side (only lost 5 prem games this season, but thats 4 more than the demo save game).

Again, this may have something to do with the average form of vdV. In the save game he was a GOD. In my current game, is Boateng thats setting The Lane on fire.

I have found Gardner to do well at the start with all the injuries. Has scored 4 in 9 games, all from corners lol very bizzare i know.

Robinson for me, is either motm or a 5. Not what u want really.

Allin all I think Spurs are quite poor on the game

Where would you suggest uploading it to Robbo?

Footballs a funny old game. Got a cracking away result against Arsenal where i dominated, winnin 2 - 1. Played away in an important away fixture to Derby and lost 1 - 0! Bewildered at the loss of form!

I would also comment on some success with the tutoring technique. Ive had Jamie o'Hara being tutored by Van Der Vaart and only now have i relaised that they have a similar player comparison note on the personal section. Think O'Hara is a player who will def grow into the game. So if anyone has VdV, try implementing that!

Originally posted by Crucifix_v1:

I would also comment on some success with the tutoring technique. Ive had Jamie o'Hara being tutored by Van Der Vaart and only now have i relaised that they have a similar player comparison note on the personal section. Think O'Hara is a player who will def grow into the game. So if anyone has VdV, try implementing that!

Damn it. I think i offloaded him. I'll have to double check now once I get home.

icon_mad.gif

One other thing. I have no backup LB/WB. I have managed to rid myself of the deadwood (IMO) and now looking to find a decent (very decent) backup/rotation option to help out the teenage Bale.

I've bid a couple of times for Marcelo at Madrid, but he looks unlikely to join.

Anyone got any recommendations?

To be quite honest Crucifix, I am not quite sure, as I haven't actually uploaded a tactic before. Maybe you could give savefile.com a try. Thanks once again. And also thanks Urbanjunkie for uploading your tactic in advance. Can't wait for you both to upload your tactics so that I can get started on it.

Originally posted by urbanjunkie:

One other thing. I have no backup LB/WB. I have managed to rid myself of the deadwood (IMO) and now looking to find a decent (very decent) backup/rotation option to help out the teenage Bale.

I've bid a couple of times for Marcelo at Madrid, but he looks unlikely to join.

Anyone got any recommendations?

3 that were good on 07 and might be worth a look are Esparza, Nathan Sturgis and Insúa, though there might be work permit problems and Insúa will be expensive since he's at Liverpool.

alright lads after going my team liverpool for a few seasons ive decided to go spurs i told board i would qualify for europe through league position instead of league winner as i want to see how i get on in my 1st season ive read through all 3 pages so far am gonna use 442 diamond am looking on getting vdv and m.fernandez for am slot any suggestions on who to get rid off

9 Games into my first season with Spurs

7th in the league, Winning 4, Drawing 1 and Losing 4.

Ins:

Aartialo

Mata (loan)

Samba

Van Der Vaart (Didn't do much on my demo game but i heard good things so give him another go)

Zeefuik

Lita

Outs:

O'hara

Zokora

Jenas

Ifill

Keane

Tainio

Play a 4,1,3,2

GK: Robbo

DR: Chimbonda (fwd arrows)

DL: Bale (fwd arrows)

DC: Samba/Dawson

DC: King

DM: Hudds/Kaboul

AMR: Lennon (back arrows)

AML: Aartialo/Mata (back arrows)

AMC: Van Der Vaart/Boateng (back arrows)

ST: Defoe/Bent/Lita

ST: Berbatov

Cannot get any of my strikers in form really, Bent is still to score!!!

Got Mota joining me in January and have just short of 9million to spend.

Any ideas on how to get my strikers scoring and any ideas of anymore good young talent?

few games in to the prem heres my team ins outs etc

ins:

sergey ignashevich-free

matias fernandez-10m

luka modric-4m

ismael aissati-10m

outs:

jenas-5m

chimbonda-6m

zokora-3.5m

ifill-1m

and a load of yth players totaling 500k

playing 4-4-2 diamond

GK:robinson/cerny

DR:lee young-pyo/ignashevich

DL:bale/ekotto

DC:king/dawson/breno(coming in jan)

DC:ignashevich/dervite

DMC:kaboul/huddlestone

MR:lennon/malbranque/routledge

ML:aissati/modric/o'hara

AMC:fernandez/modric

ST:berbatov/bent

ST:keane/defoe

villa offered me 6m for chimbonda accepted sold him and kp boateng was unhappy and i replied i wasnt signing anyone to replace him so he put in a transfer request so hes now on the transfer list am i losing a good player or not?

Originally posted by urbanjunkie:

People who are using my tactics - are you retaining the DM as a free role? Have you attempted to give one of the midfielders a free role?

Ok, I've made some experimental changes to the original instructions mentioned in my original post.

DM - Not free role

MC - Free Role (vdV)

AMR and AML - swap positions selected

Playmaker is also selected

Both MC positions have 'Much' selected for creative freedom.

The rest of the team are either on normal or little, allowing for some stable team structure.

Obviously, don't look to use the 'much' option and free role/playmaker if you don't think your players are capable.

I'll see how the next 10 games play out as I enter the run-in for my first season. Risky stuff, allowing for so much freedom of expression as it can quite possibly backfire when players don't have defined responsibilities.

Justfiished my firstseason finishing 3rd, mostly thaks my stength in depth and a lucky few results tthe end of the season beating newcastle, man utd and chelsea.

Myteam:

LB: Bale

RB: Ignashevich

CB: Dawson

CB:King

DMC: Kaboul

LM: Downing

RM: Lennon

AMC: VDV

ST: Bent

ST Keane

Keane gets highest scorer in the prem and have preformed amazingly for me.

I sold Tanio, Rocha, Routledge, defoe, jenas

I bought Downing, VDV and Aaritalo

Worked out really well, really looking for a right back though as have had a few problems when hit by injuries in def.

Originally posted by Shaey:

Just finished my first season finishing 3rd, mostly thanks my stength in depth and a lucky few results tthe end of the season beating newcastle, man utd and chelsea.

My team:

LB: Bale

RB: Ignashevich

CB: Dawson

CB:King

DMC: Kaboul

LM: Downing

RM: Lennon

AMC: VDV

ST: Bent

ST Keane

Keane gets highest scorer in the prem and have preformed amazingly for me.

I sold Tanio, Rocha, Routledge, defoe, jenas, chimbonda

I bought Downing, VDV and Aaritalo

Worked out really well, really looking for a right back though as have had a few problems when hit by injuries in def.

fmnew.jpg

This is in my second year.

Sold jenas for 10 million to west ham and inter offered me 26million for lennon which the board accepted.

But seriously whats with this

aremancity.jpg

Bad news. I'm now away from home until the 3rd Nov. Don't have a laptop and my gf's home is without a pc and DSL. I know, its the damn dark ages!!!

No FM for me for a week and a bit. I'll have to make do with standing the Park Lane End and suffer from watching the real Spurs team ****-up every week.

Someone ought to email Martin Jol my tactic.

Originally posted by Crucifix_v1:

Doing great with a rotation system with Berby, Bent, Defoe and keane. Top of the league, fa cup final and semis of the uefa cup.

Playing a 4 1 3 1 2

Clever trick, using 11 outfield players, must try that! icon_biggrin.gif

Currently on my first game with spurs so not entirely being as thorough as I should be but I'm enjoying it.

Had a poor start to pre-season (losing 3-0 at home to Bordeux and then drawing 3-3 at Hamilton). Started to improve but before my last game I started using Urban's tatic - very good mate. Impressed with it, players getting used to it now.

9 league games in and 7th, highlight was a 3-1 victory at Anfield.

Robinson has been ok for me but will be looking to replace him soon like others have. I've been playing Kaboul centre back as king is only just returning and Dawson has been out.. Gardner has done a reasonable job on the left hand side of cenral defence.

He hasn't been exceptional but I've been playing Huddlestone and he's done a reasonable job, indfact he's picked up young player of the month. In midfield, Boateng hasn't really shone yet for me but Jenas is playing very well. Malbranque also impresses in midfield and on the right but seems to pick up a yellow card every game.

Keane has been quiet and on the left I bought Downing who has been average to say the least.

Originally posted by Azeryk-:

Is it just me or are Reading over-rated, they are currently top of the league in my game... are they doing well in everyones game or are they just lucky in mine?

Readiing just won the FA Cup and finished 4th in the League so now qualify for the Champs League in my game.

What a joke.

Originally posted by paulinho:

Anybody using the beta patch with Spurs?

I ask as I haven't had time yet & I wondered if my Spurs bank balance changes have been implemented.

I have no intentions of using it, I've only really started my first main game due to being on vacation and don't want to go through the process of signing people from day 1 etc. I'll only patch when I plan on starting a new game icon_smile.gif

Azeryk

Who did you sign?

After testing various tactics on Demo, 442 is most solid, diamond is useful especially with VDV. DCs work well with manmarking and I tend to use a few notches down on passing up for tempo and defensive line. I also use playmakers and target men running onto ball, and at corners use a good long shot expert to stand outside box.

Just finished my 1st season and finished a pathetic 14th.Started really badly and then had an awesome patch after i found a good tactic to use but then for some reason without changing anything it all went tits up.

Now the annoying thing is every team in the world wants 80% of my 1st team.Its constant how much do you want and is he for sale its doing my head in and upsetting all my players.

King was sold for 20 mill and now Dawsons unhappy.

Huddlestone has a strop on because i wont sell him to Villa.

Lennon wants to leave and is sulking.

Bent got the arse so i got rid of him.

Zokora demanded to leave.

And all i want to do is get rid of the **** that nobody wants.

And now when i see a half decent player i like they quote me 25 million for a 3 million player

Originally posted by knap:

Azeryk

Who did you sign?

After testing various tactics on Demo, 442 is most solid, diamond is useful especially with VDV. DCs work well with manmarking and I tend to use a few notches down on passing up for tempo and defensive line. I also use playmakers and target men running onto ball, and at corners use a good long shot expert to stand outside box.

I'll post that tonight, I've spent AGES searching for the best youths that i've not seen mentioned on the forums as well, so when the Jan transfer window goes through I'll post all my transfer dealings. icon_smile.gif

Hopefully like most people on here when i started a game as spurs i got rid of the dead wood in reserves, some were sold for £100k-£250k or i released.

Last night i foun and installed the 8.0.1 beta update,started a new game but.... some of the reserves are worth around £1million + and its ridiculous.. surely thats not right. before i managed to sell forecast (the young GK) for about £150k as loads of teams wanted him, no he's worth £1.4million and i cant get rid of him and i dont really want him, its the same for Kenna, and 2-3 other 18yr reserve players with no contracts. Whats going on here???

Played one game with the patch aswell. 3 disalowed goals and lost 2-0, had 17 shots 11 on target and they had 2 shots on target n scored with both !!!! no idea wat team it was against, some team ive never heard of. Ummm kinda wish i never purchased this version n stuck with FM 07

I play with spurs, with ner patch, now with a classic 4-4-2 but, the problem there are.

First, the spaces betwen my defense and my attack, second the occasion, while at IA with 3 shots he scores a goal, my stricker in 11 shots nothing icon_frown.gif.

I will not never succeed to arrive fifth, at the first season.

(sorry for my english )

Hi all,

24 month transfers are fantastic!!!!

I've started just started a Tottenham game, things were going well as could be expected with spurs (seem to be a tricky team on FM this year!).

Anyway, Pompey came in for Malbranque...and I told them £1m upfront and £20m over 24 months which is ludicrous but I didnt really want to sell him! Next thing I knew, Pompey said yes and off Malbranque went to the South coast...

A week later Arsenal came in for lennon - this time £1m upfront and £30m over 24 - Lennon now plays for the Gooners...

Is anyone else finding this? I'm not complaining as i've now got Akinfeev at the start of my first season - things are looking up!

Pearsy

Originally posted by xpearsy:

Hi all,

24 month transfers are fantastic!!!!

I've started just started a Tottenham game, things were going well as could be expected with spurs (seem to be a tricky team on FM this year!).

Anyway, Pompey came in for Malbranque...and I told them £1m upfront and £20m over 24 months which is ludicrous but I didnt really want to sell him! Next thing I knew, Pompey said yes and off Malbranque went to the South coast...

A week later Arsenal came in for lennon - this time £1m upfront and £30m over 24 - Lennon now plays for the Gooners...

Is anyone else finding this? I'm not complaining as i've now got Akinfeev at the start of my first season - things are looking up!

Pearsy

Thats insane.

Archived