Evertonblokes Round the World Challenge

Well, half way through the first season and nothing spectacular. Tiro Federal were predicted to finish 13th and we currently sit.... 13th icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks like times ahead may be tough as the number 1 & 2 keepers are both out long-term and there's no transer budget to speak of icon_frown.gif Just hoping I can do enough to impress a bigger club for next season

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DodgeeD:

P.S. Regarding the Royal League in the patch, I read on the forums (though I don't remember exactly where so you'll have to take my word for it icon_wink.gif ) that the Royal League was removed for this season only as it's been cancelled this year irl due to scheduling issues but it should appear in later seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can someone confirm this please by starting after patch and seeing Royal League in the next season? If this is the case I'll restart since my game with Ankaragücü is going nowhere what I expect. I hate tams with over 40 players O_o Really, if someone do see Royal League in their 2nd season in a "post-patch" save game, please inform me. Thanks in advance.

Update May 2012

Well 13th March saw me decide to move to Real Madrid it was a hard decision but went for it. Madrid were 13th but finished 5th also winning the Euro Champions cup and the Spanish cup gonna have to move away from Europe to win other cups but will have to wait a while and will have to get a national job.I have had 2 but they were for poor teams and only last short terms.

History ~~

Sparta Rotterdam - July 07 - July 08 finished 13th left for new job

Aab - Aug 08 - June 2010

Fiorentina - July 2010 - March 2012

R.Madrid - March 2012 -

Honours ~~

Royal League twice(2009, 2010), Danish cup and League Champions all with Aab.

Euro Cup (2011), Euro Super Cup (2011), Italian Super Cup (2011) and League Champions (2011)- All with Fiorentina

Euro Champions Cup(2012), Spanish Cup(2012) both with R.Madrid

In my 4th season with Kayserispor I decided it would be my last whatever happenend..

Hoped to boost my reputation with a run in the chapions league but that was ended after drawing Manchester United in the 3rd qualifying round (lost 5-2). Then the final straw losing the uefa cup 1st round to AEK Athens 1-0 after having 37 shots to their 6 over the 2 legs.

So I resigned and am now looking for a decent job. I have already turned down Wellington Pheonix.

Im also Poland manager but as we our hosts of the next euros we are only playing friendlies..

Will let you know my next job soon!

Things weren't going good with Ankaragücü and then my good ol' PC decided to land a hand and crash while saving, thank god icon_biggrin.gif Gotta start over, this time I'll try and get Kayserispor again, I feel like I have a task to complete icon_cool.gif . Here are the leagues (added Denmark just in case I might see Royal League maybe) & the profile will follow:

Leagues

Argentina(2)

Australia

China(2)

Denmark

England

Ireland(2)

Italy

Malaysia(2)

South Africa(2)

Spain

Turkey

U.S.A

Profiles

Profile || 04.01.07

Royal League Update

Dear Everyone,

The Royal League HAS been removed from FM in the patch. This means everyone who starts the game post patch will not be able to collect the Royal League.

As I am a believer in playing with the most up to date data possible I am afraid I will have to remove it from the list of things to win.

I am sorry for any annoyances this causes anyone, but I have to make a decision one way or the other and to keep it in would restrict people joining the challege from here on.

firstgroupwl6.th.jpg]FLeague Trophy Finalirst Group Table[/url]

In my first season with Huaibei Shandian I was expected to fight for relegation and with 200-1 odds to gain promotion what hope did i have.

However i quickly rose up the table and stayed there the entire season and finished in 1st place aswell as making it to the cup final.

In the final it went to shootout after 0-0 F-T which i lost. Its the second cup final loss in a row for me.

Next season is the last of my contract and i have no means of staying here once its expired despite the great results.

5ergio 07-08 Update

Well it's that time of the year again. Time to leave everything beside and look back to see what I've done. First to clarify, my application for Kayserispor job was accepted so it was time to take the title. Throughout the league I was always thereabouts, leading the league for some weeks, than sitting 2nd and jumping back again and so on. Time rolled on and we experienced a stubborn Fenerbahçe side who are not even dropping a cent of their playing performance. Losing both games against them, and than a downfall in the morale of the squad lead to this table in the end.

I failed, to my expectations of course not for the board's. But a cup win in the final against Manisaspor made me stay for a year. At least these gals are playing for me, I guess. The confidence levels also effected my idea of leaving Kayserispor post in the first season.

And to present you some interesting screen shots of my first season, here they go:

Finance - I guess I'm kinda obsessed with this aspect of the game. It's all down to finance in a sense, isn't it icon_biggrin.gif

Scouting Knowledge - Asking for a feeder team whenever it is possible does expand your area a lot, keep in mind icon_wink.gif

Profiles~~

Profile || 04.01.07

History ~~

Kayserispor || 07.01.07 - Present

Honors~~

None

So after 2.5 seasons at Kayserispor I resigned after going out of the champions league group. I had won 1 turkish leage and 1 super cup.

I went straight to Drogheda United after this who had finished 2nd in the league. They had a good squad and I won the all ireland cup without any real problems. It was great to win my 1st trophy from the list icon_smile.gif I then won the African nations cup with Nigeria beating Ivory Coast in the final. After this I was being linked to all kinds of jobs. I finally took the arsenal job. they just came 4th and have a great squad. I also lost in the quarters of the world cup to Czech Republic so resigned. Now on the lookout for another international job. Failed in my attempt to get the England or France jobs..

More updates soon!

Started this challenge again (for the 6 hundredth millionth time) in the hope that i would finally be able to get in to it.

Started in March 08, with managers getting sacked right left and centre, applyed for numerous jobs around the world, didnt get offered any i wanted. until, only a week after getting turned down for the ZTE job (average hungarian side) i applyed and was offered the job at Atletico Madrid (???)

In pervious saves ive been offered jobs at Racing Santandar and Sampdoria, but Atletico are realy a cut above.

i didnt realy want to start a carrear with a major european team, so i think i will turn it down (but save a copy encase i change my mind/dont get any other offers).

Argentina

Australia

Belarus

Brazil

China

Croatia

England

France

Germany

Hungary

Italy

Malaysia

Mexico

N.Ireland

Poland

Russia

Singapore

South Africa

South Korea

Spain

USA

Just after the World Cup Graham Arnols steped down from the Australian job and i was suprisingly chosen as his successor.My contract at Huaibei ends at the end of the year and i am still hopeing to find a bigger club.My first job as Australian coach is the simple task of qualifying for the asian cup which i have done many times in previous games.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brambleten:

my leagues are

Australia

Brazil

China

England

Ireland

Italy

Mexico

Singapore

South Africa

Sweden

i will start and post a profile in the morning. at the moment,i am tired, and i am going to watch Spooks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spooks is the best program on the box icon_biggrin.gif

I finished my season with Huaibei Shandian in eighth position, as well as easing Australia through the 2011 Asian Nations Cup quailifying stage.

Huaibei were heavily expected to go down with 200-1 odds to win the title as well as having to use my 3rd choice GK for half the season I thaught we did pretty good.

I resigned as manager from Huaibei after the seaon ended and i am currently looking for a new club.

Asian Cup Final

After what seemed a very quick cup campaigne I have finaly secured my first trophy in my third Cup Final (Chinese Cup and Gold Cup runner-ups). On the way i managed to thrash Japan 3-0 in the semi final and Bahrain 3-0 also in the quarter final aswell as 3-0 and 6-0 wins in the group stage.At the end of the day it was an easy trophy to win and i am looking forward to collecting some more. I am now also in the Australian Hall of Fame which kicks ass aswell.

So with the Arsenal squad I had inherited for the 2010 season the champions league was my next target.

The league started well with 14 straight wins (havent done that for a while). After a blip in form united were back ahead of us by xmas though. Somehow there run after xmas was far worse than mine though. They ended up finishing 6th. I won the league by 17 points from Liverpool, Spurs then the Hammers.

League cup ended in the semi final stage with a 90th minute goal form John Terry in both legs..

I won the FA cup with a 4-2 win over liverpool.

None of those trophies matter though.. IN the champions league we pretty much cruised past Real Madrid and Man Utd to set up a final with Chelsea. I was pretty confident and seen as it was all I was playing for the whole season I was gonna be extremely annoyed if we lost it!

SO 13 minutes in, a wreckless challenge form nothing by Toure puts us down to 10 men.. Then they take the lead shortly after. We were still dominating though and found an equaliser. It then went 2-1 to them, 2-2, then 3-2 to them.. After 70 mins i had man injured a minute after i had made my final sub. So down to 9.. SOmehow we were still having more play and eqaulised in the 85th. An uneventful extar time of time wasting lead to pens. We won it 4-3. I was off my seat celebrating for the first time in this game icon_smile.gif

Early on in the next season I beat milan in the super cup 1-0. I also got the protugal job and i have almost certainly qualified for euro 2012.

Next tournament is world club championships with arsenal. I will almost certainly resign if i win it. Some good south american jobs like Boca and River have just passed by sadly..

Trophies so far(from the list):

African Nations Cup

Euro Champions Cup

Euro Super Cup

All Ireland Cup

Ive finally found a good team to take over...

Ansan Hallelujah in the Korean N-League (effectivly division 2)

however the N-league does confuse me slightly in regards to promotion and relagation.

reading wikipedia, it seems that N-league winners are given the choice of being promoted or not... all seems very odd, and makes me wonder how the game will deal with it.

i seem to remember on fm2007, that there was no promotion in the first season, but from season 2 onwards, teams were promoted and relagated as normal

would be great if anyone can give me a deffinate answer one way or the other.

i suppose its irrelevent realy, as my plan is to move to a k-league side as soon as the chance comes up.

anyway, with Ansan ive signed loads of players. korea seems to have an awful lot of half decent players avaliable for nothing, or next to nothing.

season starts next game, and only lasts 22 matches, so im hoping to get through it fairly quickly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cletus:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4298/profilejf9.jpg - profile

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7917/leaguesir9.jpg - leagues

starting in Woodlands, Singapore </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sigh* Memories. I have too many good times to start with them again. I could have stayed there and won about 20 consecutive league titles.

Incidentally, I won the ACL with Suwon and then gave up once I realised that studying Japanese was really, really hard. I am going to set my own challenge up soon, just localising on Asia instead of everything. Still, good luck to people attempting this; I probably had my most enjoyable experiences with FM playing this challange. Short-lived as it was.

Slowed down a bit over xmas, but trying to pick it up again today and finish my first season

Still with Ansan Hallelujah

currently at the midway point of the season, finishing the opening stage as league winners, which means im already in the end of season championship playoff (enless im also able to win stage two, which would mean we would become champions by default without the need for a play off)

Hallelujah have proved a good side to manage, but it does seem pretty easy to build a league winning squad. ive spend approx 30k on players (many for £1k, or even £0k in some cases). ive only made one 'big' purchase on top of this, a brazillien striker for 80k

If we do go on to gain promotion, i think i will look to move to a different k-league side should the chance come up. I just dont think Ansan have the finances or support to do well in the K-league any time soon - and in a challenge like this, there is little point in waiting around for years at one club, if better options become avaliable.

infact, Hallelujahs average attendence this year is an awful 572! the 4th lowest in the N-league! making the step up to a league where the top clubs command gates of 20,000 (and as such, 40 times the gate receipts i get) seems financialy impossible! but we'll see

Ansan Hallelujah - Korean N-League Champions 2008

the season finished fairly closly in the end, but on the final day of the season, our two rivals for promotion both lost, gifting us a place in next seasons K-League without the need for a play off

ive been quite supprised how much ive enjoyed managing a semi-professional team in korea's second division! icon_razz.gif

I would recomend the N-league to anyone, the teams are diverse and unusual. the season is only 22 games too, so it goes through fairly quickly.

the question now is do i stay on? part of me would like to see how far Hallelujah can go, but part of me wants to be sensible and move clubs (should a bigger club want to hire me).

the last thing i want to do is apply for jobs, get turned down, and have to stay at Ansan with a board and fans that hate me for being dis-loyal icon_wink.gif

at the time of writing this, the only avaliable jobs are in Malaysia and Indonesia, neither seem very attractive places to go just yet, so i guess i'll sit tight for now atleast!

Guest jasonmast

I have started this challenge and I am looking forward to it.

Theses are the leagues I have chose

Australia

Brazil

China

England

Ireland

Italy

Mexico

Singapore

South Africa

Sweden

I have started off with Ituano in the Brazillian Second division and the media prediction was 18th but we are currently in 3rd place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasonmast:

I have started this challenge and I am looking forward to it.

Theses are the leagues I have chose

Australia

Brazil

China

England

Ireland

Italy

Mexico

Singapore

South Africa

Sweden

I have started off with Ituano in the Brazillian Second division and the media prediction was 18th but we are currently in 3rd place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good to have another player! took me a long while to realy get in to it, but im well un and running more! hopefully if this thread stays un to date, it might encourage a few more people to take up the challenge!

good luck!

Thought I was going to add the worldc lub championship to my trophies but lost on pens to Chivas in the semi's. I rested my whole arsenal team for the final, obviously underestimated Chivas!

Bernd Schuster left Madrid for Liverpool so I decided it was the right time for a move. They needed 4 points from last 4 games to secure the tiltle and had a cup final against Mallorca. It was an easy 2 trophies really. I lst in the champions league final so didny qualify for world club championship and quickly moved to Boca Juniors.. Plenty of trophies from the list to play for now.

I also won euro 2012 with portugal beating Romania 4-2 in the final. Have applied for spain, france, italy and holland now and hope to take one of them to the world cup in 2014. S0 I have 5 trophies form the list now and im listed as a legendary manager. Things are going well icon_smile.gif

Guest jasonmast

Lol after being third after 13 games i get relegated in the last game of the season with the other team scoring in the last minute in their game to send me down. Also in the end i went down by one goal on goal difference.

league table

leaguetablejk6.png

couldnt find a new jon in pre-season, so carrying on with Hallelujah for now...

the K-league is certainly a step up from the N-league. i was given no money to spend, and only allowed 20% of whatever players i sold! it has been very frustrating to see excelent players transfer between other clubs for TINY amounts, and me not be able to get involved in the bidding. does the Ansan Hallelujah board not realize that too survive in the KL, i may actualy need to spend some money? or maybe they are just happy to see us go down fighting.

atleast the board did give me another 2.5k towards wages, but most of this was used up giving some players & staff professional contracts instead of the part time ones there were on!

the club also officialy turned professional.

7 games in to the season, we lie 8th out of 14...

if the early running is anything to go by, we should not go down, but we dont have enough to push for a playoff spot (top 6). if i had to guess, i think we'll finish about 10th... boring midtable games are certainly not my thing, its worse when it comes down to the board not providing the correct backing to improve.

all seems a bit illogical realy....

they sold an tallented youngster for 250k behind my back (i would have actualy accepted anyway)

but i only got 50k of it to spend????

the board are also about to sell my captain, again behind my back, for 350k.... i am due to get only 5% of the sale!

Mad!

add that to the fact that we already have 586k in the bank, we are under our wage budget, AND the club even turns a small profit each month... it seems insane that i cannot have some to spend. i would try an unltimatum, but you know it wont work!

so after that rant, im looking for a new club

idealy i want to stay in Asia somewhere, but Asian managers dont seem to get sacked very often (atleast not in my game), so i might be in for a bit of a wait

decided to resign from Hallelujah in the end...

enjoyed the previous season in the N-League... but it isnt the same in the K-League when other teams have such greater transfer budgets & fan bases

after all, got to remember the aim of the challenge - and while it would clearly be possible to turn Hallelujah in to a champions league level team, it wouldnt be happening over night!

applyed for the Atlas job & Velez Sarsfield... Atlas gave me an offer which ive delayed until the end of the season...

still on the lookout for an Asian job if possible

Well i decided to leave R. Madrid to try my luck in Ireland with Galway Utd but things didnt turn out too good and so i joinrd Sao Paulo after only 4 months in Ireland. The Holland job came along so i took that too they were in the World Cup Qualifiers and we qualified top of the group. So far with Sao Paulo i have won the Brazilian Sao Paulo Championship and i am currently 2nd in the league with 8 games to go.

History ~~

Aab - Aug 08 - June 2010

R.Madrid - March 2012 - Feb 2013

Galway Utd - Feb 2013 - June 2013

Sau Paulo - July 2013 -

Holland - July 2013 -

Honours ~~

Euro Cup (2011), Euro Super Cup (2011), Italian Super Cup (2011) and League Champions (2011)- All with Fiorentina

Euro Champions Cup(2012), Spanish Cup(2012) both with R.Madrid

after leaving Hallelujah, it took me approx. 5 months of searching to find a new job...

the aim was to try and stay in asia, but very few jobs came up. i was turned down for several Inodnesian jobs as well as Jeonbuk in the K-League

in the end i signed a contract with Gyeongnam, now playing in the N-league after being relegated from the K-League last season (and replaced by my old club Ansan Hallelujah)

so now on paper it looks like ive taken a step backwards... but i dont think thats entirely accurate, Gyeongnam are a much wealthier club than Hallelujah, and already have a very good squad.

Due to winning the opening stage of the season, a playoff space is already guarenteed, my task is to now win the 2nd stage and so gain automatic promotion

the best thing about Gyeongnam is the transfer budget of 800K, more than enough to turn them in to a K-league contender in a couple of seasons time. a much easier task than working with 0k to spend at Ansan!

Just started this game before Christmas but due to the festive period, haven't even really started it yet. Got a job with Leicester but of course I didn't realise i'd loaded the game in January 07, and so had 8 months till the season started! Rather than pay 8 months worth of wages just for the hell of it, i'm starting a new game now with the same leagues loaded. Screenshots etc to follow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

who has got furthest in this challenge so far? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

looking at the posts above, i think 'rhinosrule' seems the farthest in... could have missed some players though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evertonbloke:

Royal League Update

Dear Everyone,

The Royal League HAS been removed from FM in the patch. This means everyone who starts the game post patch will not be able to collect the Royal League.

As I am a believer in playing with the most up to date data possible I am afraid I will have to remove it from the list of things to win.

I am sorry for any annoyances this causes anyone, but I have to make a decision one way or the other and to keep it in would restrict people joining the challege from here on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just thought id bump this post, as i notice a few people have started with Scandinevian leagues running

Hey Guys, Just started this challenge now. Looks like a good one! Cant wait to really get into it!

Been offered the job of the sleeping giant of Argentine football - Tiro Federal

Leagues

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/CaptainStarbuster/LeagueList.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/CaptainStarbuster/Profile.jpg

finished the 2009 season with Gyeongnam.

had to go to a play off in the end, after some inconsistant results near the seasons end.

but all turned out well, the play off was just a formality.

a 3-0 home win, followed by a 2-0 away win over Suwon City

lots of good players interested in signing, and im hopefull the board will not cut my 750k transfer budget (fingers crossed).

if we can sign the right players in pre-season then we should be able to give the K-League a good go next season and push for a play-off place. especily after my old club, Ansan Hallelujah, managed to finish an excelent 6th in their first season after promotion, with very limited funds.

i'll aim to poach one or two Ansan players i think icon_cool.gif

Summary:

Ansan Hallelujah - 2008 N-League Champions (2nd division)

Gyeongnam - 2009 N-Leage Champions (2nd division)

Bah, a crappy virus, an infected system & folders leads to a format with no backup files icon_frown.gif I'll start a new career just before new year, could well be playing while people are counting down from 10 icon_biggrin.gif Nice displays for other challengers tbh. KUTGW pals. I think one of us will complete this challenge this year icon_wink.gif

I have a son!!!

haha, ive heard of this feature before, but ive never seen it in practice!

a player with the exact same surname has come through my youth team, same nationality, and im his fave staff. how amazing

its just a shame that he is a very poor footballer icon_biggrin.gif

My Son - Profile

My Son - Personal

of course, despite his crap-ness, i will be keeping him on on a 5 year contract icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CaptainStarbuster:

Wow!! And it only took two seasons as well! It happened to me before, but only in like 2020. What age are you as a manager in the game? Does it fit that you had the child when you were like 12? haha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well my game age is 34, i set it as 10 years older than in real life so it seemed more realistic

so had the kid at 18, bit young, but not out of the way...

im just gutted that he's not world class though icon_biggrin.gif

July 2014 update

Well what a year, won the league by 3 points (2013 Champions) then went on to win the World Cup with Holland beating Argentina in the final (World cup win) then went on to win the Copa Libertadores beating River in the final 4-1 on agg (Copa Libertadores)

History ~~

Aab - Aug 08 - June 2010

Sau Paulo - July 2013 -

Holland - July 2013 -

Trophies off the list are below in bold

Honours ~~

Euro Champions Cup(2012), Spanish Cup(2012) World Club Championship (2012)all with R.Madrid

World Cup with Holland

League Champions (2013) Copa Libertadores (2014)

Nice to see new people taking up the challenge

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rhinosrule:

July 2014 update

Well what a year, won the league by 3 points (2013 Champions) then went on to win the World Cup with Holland beating Argentina in the final (World cup win) then went on to win the Copa Libertadores beating River in the final 4-1 on agg (Copa Libertadores)

History ~~

Aab - Aug 08 - June 2010

Sau Paulo - July 2013 -

Holland - July 2013 -

Trophies off the list are below in bold

Honours ~~

Euro Champions Cup(2012), Spanish Cup(2012) World Club Championship (2012)all with R.Madrid

World Cup with Holland

League Champions (2013) Copa Libertadores (2014) with Sao Paulo

Nice to see new people taking up the challenge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry forgot to bold one trophy and add team name

Left Gyeongnam after a bad start to the K-League, and was offered the Independiente job in Argentina - far too good to turn down

Independiente have just had a season of under achieving, but do have a very tallented first XI, maybe lacking a bit of squad depth. been given 9.25mil top work with.

feels a bit of a cop-out leaving Gyeongnam so early, but i can always go back to South Korea someday (with any luck it'll be to a side like Seoul, Ulsan or Suwon)

Archived