Evertonblokes Round the World Challenge

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update - Sept 07

45 DAYS OF MELLERUDS IF

Appointed As Melleruds IF Manager

After resigning from Itumbiara i was offered a job in China, i delayed the offer to see if anything else would come up and was rewarded with a job in Europe. In the lowest teir of Swedish football with Melleruds IF.

I had a job on to save them from relegation with 5 games to go. two were against title contenders and 2 against relegation candidates.

League Standings on arrival

I won the first game but lost the next two and was in the same position i was in when i took over, one point inside the automatic relegation zone. I managed to pick up a win and the team i beat replaced me in the relegation zone. However, in this division the team third from bottom have to play in a play off to survive. I still had one game remaining tho, against third in the league. I lost and dropped back into the relegation zone and it was too late. For the second time in two months Apollo Farstriker had been relegated.

relegated

Again i jumped ship before the inevitable sacking that comes with relegation from the lowest managable league.

Resigned

Almagro August 2008 Update

After the collapse in the second part of the season I ended up in 5th place, thinking the top 2 would get promoted i didn´t really put in a figth in the final two games...

Little did I know, the 3rd and 4th placed team qualified for a playoff match aswell.. icon_mad.gif

Nah... nevermind

The summer went by, and I thourght there was a bug in the game, as I came to august and no new fixtures had been generated, so I forgot all aobut transfers and thourght it was wierd nothing happened icon13.gif... Then by August 6th the "new" season started : (NOTE: to all you playing in the argentine league).

So with that in mind I really don´t have a team this season, as the transfers window shuts in late july, and starting off, losing 4-0 to relegation favorites Ben Hur icon_cool.gif (name), and I might have to find a new club to manage, have tried declaring my interest in a couple other argentine clubs, but getting laughed at in the process, so I might seek elsewhere.

Final Table

Promising youth team star...Perhaps!

History:

Almagro - Argentine 2nd Div. July 2007 - Present

Achiements:

These are my leagues and i will post my profile in a couple of minutes.

Argentina(2)

Australia(1)

China(2)

England(1)

Ireland(2)

Italy(1)

Malasia(2)

South Africa(2)

Spain(1)

Sweden(2)

Turkey(1)

U.S.A(1)

Already got Kayserispor job icon_wink.gif

Dec. 2008 Update

I´ve decided to end my reign at Almagro, after 1 and a half year in charge, the team was really getting me nowhere. After coming close to promotion in my first season, i´m currently 15th and getting the odd win a home I simply can´t win away. I was leading 3-1 away agianst buttom team Gimnasia with 5 mins. to go....pulled everything back, playing counter, and long balls, they still managed to score twice.. equalized in the 94th, so that was it for me...

Now I'll have a look around, see if I can find a new club in the window transfer window, maybe I´ll take a little holiday and start from scratch in june... not sure!

Now I´m the manager of the migthy nation of Vanuatu (dont ask me why) icon_biggrin.gif... And my first job is to vote for World Footballer of the year icon_cool.gif... Think I´ll cast my votes on Aguero and Messi! (keeping up with my argentinian history) icon_wink.gif

Don´t think I can even win a throphy with Vanuatu that´s in the challenge (except for the world cup), but that will NEVER happen... Ha ha

Update May 2009

After being laughed at, at practicly every attemp to find a new club (northern ireland, malaysia, dutch second division), I thourght everything was getting hopeless, until I landed this job!

The dream job...... Almost

have 3 games remaining until we start to build for the new season, and I got a good feeling about this, I can see myself, challenging for the Uefa throphy or at least Inter-toto (euro vase) i 2-3 years time (or am I being to optimistic) icon_smile.gif...

Well let´s just say i´m quite pleased in my new surroundings, Far far away from Vanuatu icon_wink.gif

Ok ive started a new game with these leagues

South Africa

China

Singapore

USA

Denmark

England

Ireland

Australia

and Brazil

Hope i got them all this time.

I got aproached by Chinese top flight club Lanzhou Yongqi and agreed on a 2 season contract.

The first season is half over and we are in a good position to win the league (5th/13th)

ok, lost interest in my initial game... and with FM in perticular to be honest, but ive decided to give up waiting for the full patch and just give it a go now! if i lose i lose, if i win i win!

Game is just loading up now....

Argentina

Australia

Brazil

Chili (2)

China

Denmark

England (2)

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Mexico

N.Ireland

Portugal

Russia (2)

Singapore

Spain

South Africa

South Korea

USA

only top divisions enless stated, so getting a job may take a while

07/08 Update

Hired by Kayserispor in two days after starting the game. I was expected to come 5th, which I duly delivered. Sampdoria knocked me out in UEFA Cup 1st Rnd when we lost 2-0 at home after a 2-1 away win. Our league cup run ended in the quarter final. This time it was Fenerbahce, winning on 6-3 aggregate. Onto next season now. Everything seems okay - especially finance - and the board is content. Hope I'll get qualified to UEFA Cup through EURO Vase so this'll be my first honour in this challenge.

History~~

Kayserispor || Turkish Super League || July '07 - Present

Honours~~

None

My game had crashed so I've started again with the Singapore Leagues instead of Malaysian.

Started off with Melaka Teelkom but got bored becuase i started in Feb 07 and realised the league started March 08. (This is on the game that crashed)

New Game

Started unemployed only the Singapore u18 job available which doesnt really ' float my boat' so currently waiting for the correct offer to come along.

Took the Qingdao job.

They were bottom the league 2 games in front of second bottom with a 3 point deffacit. 5 games remaining. Got relegated the penultimate game of the season. Not much else really to say.

Not been sacked yet, which I assume will happen as I only ran the Chinese first division.

Will update when a new job comes along.

Update - Sept 2008

After leaving Melleruds IF i remained in sweden and took up the manager role at MABI (Malmo Anadolu Boll IF). They had finished third in the Swedish Second Division South Gotaland the previous season equal on points with first and second place but due to the worse goal difference they had failed to be promoted.

Application Succesfull

After signing a number of players in the winter i was ready for the new season. I had not had a good record so far and i was determined to change this. The MABI board expected a respectable league position but i had bigger plans, i told them i could get us promotion.

This started well in the cup with us beating fierce rivals Malmo IF. However things in the league started badly with a 4-0 away defeat to Helsingborg Sodra who as it turned out would remain unbeaten until the return game. However even though we beat them nobody else could capitalise on this and they were running away with the league.

The promotion was doomed from the start. We sat in the top for the whole season never taking the top place. The season seemed full of controversy with things teatering on the brink after i applied for the Wisla Krakow job.

Application

The fans got upset and i fanned the flames

The fire

This riled the board into offering me an ultimatum. Resign with my dignity or get sacked. I decided to call their bluff and hope they didnt sack me or i got the Wisla job so i never resigned.

Ultimatum

There were some players on my side, and some players against me. Most though didnt care either way.

Anyway, i never got the Wisla job but the board bottled it and didnt sack me. I eventually finished third in the league. 12 points off the top.

Final League Standings

There was one shining star of the season though who had come to the fore with some great performances for the club. I signed Tomaz Kozar for free in the winter after his contract had run out. I had also been able to set up AIK as my parent club and vastly improved the financial situation at the club. All in all MABI were in a much healthier state than when i took over.

History -

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Itumbiara (Brazil) 26.12.2006 - 12.08.2007 Relegated - Resigned

Melleruds (Sweden) 14.08.2007 - 28.09.2007 Relegated - Resigned

MABI (Sweden) 29.09.2008 - 3rd (Swedish Second Division South Gotaland)

</pre>

Achievements -

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

NONE

</pre>

Hi my Kayserispor game was deleted by Son icon_mad.gif so had to start again. Using same profile and same leagues i was offered a job at Sparta Rotterdam (Dutch Premier League) on 31 July 07 finished the league in 13th place and applied for a job at Aab( Aalborg Boldspilklub) in the Danish Premier league and was appointed manager in Aug 08

History ~~

Sparta Rotterdam - July 07 - July 08 finished 13th left for new job

Aab - Aug 08 - current played 9 games and top of league and in Euro Cup

Honours ~~

None as yet but hopeful

i think i know why it is local. I started with only the top divisions in each league, hoping to make it harder. If this is not acceptable then please let meknow and i will start again with some lower leagues. i did see that someone else had done it earlier in the posts so i copied icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They were bottom the league 2 games in front of second bottom with a 3 point deffacit. 5 games remaining. Got relegated the penultimate game of the season. Not much else really to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I eventually did get sacked, and was floating around at the job center when I saw Southampton languishing near the bottom of the championship. With Burley's status as Precarious, I declared my interest in the job and lo and behold Burley got sacked whilst I got offered the job. (NB i also got offered a team in South Africa which i forget the name of)

Southampton

So I see Soton at 21st in the table on Jan 1st, I immediately put an offer in for a well known Finish talent and looked for a few freebies as he took up all of my budget. Luckily I had Liverpool as my parent club so got a few of their kids on loan.

However after getting decent rusults I was still floating around relegation spots. Meanwhile my tea was ready so I went on holiday thinking the ass man couldnt do any worse, he did. Losing 6-2 to Watford was the final straw and I got sacked.

So searching for a new team and Alan Pardew got sacked at Charlton, they offered me the job and with 5 games left they were in 22nd place.

The last game of the season was against Norwich. A 2-1 with everyone around me dropping points helped me reach 20th in the league.

Currently in the Second season im 11th after 18 games. Also accepted the Moroccan job where I lost my first game 2-0 against Switzerland.

Teams Managed

Qingdao - China - 15th/15th - Relegated - 09/07 to 12/07

Southampton - England Championship - 22nd - Sacked - 12/07 to 04/08

Charlton - English Championship - 20th (currently 11th) - 04/08 to present(11/08)

Morocco - 11/08 to present

Update March 09

Still at Aab in Denmark 3rd in the league after 20 games and just won the first trophy of the list. Royal League which is a special. Things looking ok here at the minute.

History ~~

Royal League

Sparta Rotterdam - July 07 - July 08 finished 13th left for new job

Aab - Aug 08 - current played 20 games and 3rd in league

Honours ~~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seniorfan:

i think i know why it is local. I started with only the top divisions in each league, hoping to make it harder. If this is not acceptable then please let meknow and i will start again with some lower leagues. i did see that someone else had done it earlier in the posts so i copied icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don´t take it too hard I was only kidding (hence the big smily face), you´re league selection is most likely the reason, and this challenge is hard and long as it is...

Hey.. I am at recreativo in the second best spanish division, couldn´t get jobs in malaysia, denmark, n. ireland or second best dutch league.. Why a relegated Primera side itching to get right back would pick me as their manager?? I have no idea!

So just keep playing.

The more that post in this thread the happier I am, as it´s more interesting to read what happens here in this challenge than say Dafuge´s... where everyone practicly does the same at one point or another..

A Sneak Peak to 08-09 Update

Still at Kayserispor. Got my first trophy by qualifying to UEFA Cup through EURO Vase. League is going good atm. Had a contract till 2010 but I'm not sure to use it till the end. Season end report will be up tomorrow night I guess if I finish my last few matches and get my issues done. Btw congrats on Royal League seniorfan. icon14.gif

Thanks. I have now finished the season finishing 3rd and having some mixed results towards end. Had a striker that beat the most goals for club record and he scored 43 goals in 50 games 13 assists and 10 MoM. I am now starting July 09 and just been offered a new contract with Aab but gonna delay to see if i get any other offers.

btw congrats 5ergio on the Euro Vase

Charlton

Finished the Season with Charlton, unfortuantely losing points against Scunthorpe put my play off challenge out of the window and indeed I finished outside of the playoffs albeit in 7th place.

So looking ahead to the new season I asked my board for some extra money than the £0 they gave me for saying my expectation was promotion, which was rejected. My leading scorer of last season went back to Valencia and this time he didnt want to return to Charlton.

Therefore the board not giving me any money or my star player not coming back I thought that this was the opportunity to leave, resulting me to resign from Charlton.

Morocco

After losing 2-0 to Switzerland, I drew with Bulgaria 2-2. Next was a World Cup Qualifying game where I lost 4-1 to a DR Congo team where a Blackburn defender got a hat-trick of headers. However my luck turned in the next game where i beat Senagal 3-2 who were top of the league. Next up was Malawi who were 50-1 to win, what happened next resulted in me resigning from Morocco, a 3-1 loss.

So currently unemployed looking for a job. Non -available atm.

Teams Managed

Qingdao - China - 15th/15th - Relegated - 09/07 to 12/07

Southampton - England Championship - 22nd - Sacked - 12/07 to 04/08

Charlton - English Championship - 20th + 7th - 04/08 to 07/09

Morocco - 11/08 to 05/09

Honours

None as yet.

08/09 Update

Well well, what a season for Kayserispor. League was progressing just fine, sitting a top by 2 points of previous holders Galatasaray with 5 games to go. Made it to the League Cup Final and will face Fenerbahce there. Let me tell the cup final first. When 90 minutes ended, it was all fari and square for the game played, 1-1. ET begins and I got shocked by this goal. Near the end this one got me jumping around, thinking about the penalty shoot-out but hey, the ref decides to extend the game 4 minutes and then this happened. Such a lousy thing to lose a cup final in extra time when it is played 36 minutes instead of 30. Anyway let's turn back to league. Just before the final game, I drew to Denizlispor away, thus equalizing points with Galatasaray. Lost the final and then lost to Gaziantepspor at home to fall behind Galatasaray 3 points this time with 3 games to go. Basically I lost my whole season in just 3 games. But on the other hand, I was expected to come 5th, thus again a EURO Vase spot but hey, I'm going to CL next year due this table. Again my finance look excellent as this screenie shows. And a little over-performance from my offense team where they earned a total of 33 MoMs in a season I played 52 games. All in all it was brilliant but to lose that close to winning does hurt. And I added a EURO Vase Cup to this brilliant season. My contract is up to 2010. I'll be using it till the end to get some reputation at CL, I hope. Then off to new challenges in other countries.

History~~

Kayserispor || Turkish Super League || 19.06.2007 - Present

Honours~~

26.07.2008 - EURO Vase - Kayserispor

Archived