Evertonblokes Round the World Challenge

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I´ll be starting out with Almagro aswell, really the only team i could choose!!

Værløse (denmark) gave 0 per week...come on give me a salary for god sake...

The asian teams either started in six months or started six months ago, the irish too...

So argentina it is!!!

COOL...I´m starting off with 3 points deducted... possibly some criminal activity going on, I like!

June 29th 2008

in charge of: Hohhot, Chinese First Division

Midseason table

Two half-seasons in charge of Hohhot, and it's going fine, if unspectacular. The objective this season is to "establish the team in the First Division" and we're pretty much on track for that.

The only problematic aspect of managing Hohhot is the financial part. We're already in the red, and with only 13 home matches in a season and a total of 5.5 months of no competitive football, there's just not enough money coming in to make the balance rise. I'm already using only 80% of the wage budget and relying on 7 loans from the parent club, and none of my players are worth anything of note.

So with that in mind, I probably won't be renewing my contract at the end of the season. (If the board even offers me a new contract at all, because despite overachieving, the red digits in the finance screen make them only satisfied with me.)

It's not an entirely hopeless situation just yet, but making the club financially stable and then competitive enough to promote and compete in the top division would be a 5 year or more task. So I'll be moving on to another challenge soon, most likely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evertonbloke:

The Evertonbloke Round the World Challenge.

Heres the situation: You are an unproven young manager with a burning desire to prove yourself as the best of the best. Starting out with no reputation, none of the big clubs would look twice at you. You must start in some village team out the back and beyond! Building your reputation steadily and jumping ship to more well known teams is the only way to succeed. Only time will tell if you really do have what it takes to win it all.

(Originally called Evertonblokes big long challenge, anyone still playing from FM07 is more than welcome to post in this thread)

It’s a very simple premise, you have to collect all the trophies on the list below:

World

World Cup

European Cup

African Nations Cup

Asian Cup

North America Gold Cup

Copa America

Confederations Cup

European

Euro Vase

Euro Cup

Euro Champions Cup

Euro Super Cup

Americas

North America Champions Cup

Copa Libertadores

Copa Sudamerica

Recopa

Africa

African Champions League

African Cup Winners Cup

African Super Cup

Asia

Asian Champions League

Confederations Cup

South East Asian Club Championship

East Asian Championship

Specials

Royal League - top 4 teams from Norway, Sweden, Denmark

All Ireland Cup - Top teams from Ireland and Northern Ireland

World Club Championship

You can run as many leagues as you want, remembering that the more leagues and divisions there are, the more opportunities there will be. However you WILL need a minimum of the following leagues:

1 from Sweden, Denmark, or Norway

1 from Ireland or Northern Ireland

1 from Brazil or Argentina

1 from Singapore or Malaysia

1 from USA or Mexico

1 from South Korea or China

South Africa

Australia

Plus it is recommended that you take a big European League and retain all players from New Zealand to help with some of the competitions.

I would advise to run some leagues to their lowest division to help with getting a job when you have little or no rep in that country.

Rules

Any DB size, any retained countries

No game editors or editing allowed

Attribute masking ON

You must win all the cups with one manager.

You must start off as an unemployed manager with automatic previous experience

The winner is the first to collect all these cups, and photo proof will be required!

Player naming is allowed, but only in the respect of putting in a team report. IE. No lists of players you recommend others buy.

Please post screenies of anything you wish and give updates on anything that you think would be interesting to the other challengers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about North American SuperLiga, not included in this challenge or what??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaz457:

im going to start the challenge tomorrow. can i ask what the benefit of retaining all players from new zealand is? im sure i just missed something! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might have something to do with the australian league, i´m not sure, but there is one new zealand team in the league!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What about North American SuperLiga, not included in this challenge or what?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think it is available, I ran a game with all league available on FM07 and it wasnt there and I didnt think that any new competitions were added for FM08.

Is it available in your game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">might have something to do with the australian league, i´m not sure, but there is one new zealand team in the league! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its to help with The Asian Cup as New Zealand and Australia get entered in it. New Zealand are a stong team for that competition and by keeping all the players you have a better squad to pick from.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evertonbloke:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What about North American SuperLiga, not included in this challenge or what?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think it is available, I ran a game with all league available on FM07 and it wasnt there and I didnt think that any new competitions were added for FM08.

Is it available in your game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep... I haven´t played the MLS or the mexican league but they were at the semi-final stage by the time I noticed it...

by the way... i´ve decided to start the game and run a little more leagues, I can see my computer can run a little more so I´ve added some european leagues, since it will be easier to win the Euro cups that way..

South Africa (1)

Australia

USA

Malaysia (1)

South Korea (1)

Denmark (2)

England (2)

Romania (1)

Argentina (2)

N. Ireland (2)

Spain (2)

Holland (2)

Nov. 2nd, 2008

League table

And so I complete my first full season, and a rather unspectacular one at that. More draws than wins, and that pretty much sums it up. Still, we performed a little bit above expectations, so the board is pleased.

Not pleased enough to offer me a new contract though, or at least that's how it looks, with talk of appointing a new manager appearing in the press twice already. But that's fine with me, I'm pretty much decided on moving on anyway.

In my 1.5 seasons at Hohhot I got 9 wins, 16 draws and 13 losses. Hardly spectacular, but considering we were relegation battlers, not too terrible either.

I'll be on the lookout for a new job now, and I intend to be a bit picky for a few months, hopefully landing a job at a club with which I have a shot at one of the challenges in the near future. Failing that - which may very well be the case - I should have plenty of options at getting any ol' job in June.

History:

Hohhot - Chinese First Division: July 2007-present

Achievements:

none

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brek:

hey, hve been looking for a challenge, this looks like a corker, am gonna start. am new to the challenge thing so if i mess up i dont want Tyler beating the crap out of me icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

cheers evertonbloke </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, am gonna try post images.... first time ever, wisk me good luck....

profile:

http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img530/6024/challengeprofiletu1.th.png

Leagues:

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img530/8930/challengeleaguesmw4.th.png

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brek:

hey, hve been looking for a challenge, this looks like a corker, am gonna start. am new to the challenge thing so if i mess up i dont want Tyler beating the crap out of me icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

ok, am gonna try post images.... first time ever, wisk me good luck....

profile:

http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img530/6024/challengeprofiletu1.th.png

Leagues:

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img530/8930/challengeleaguesmw4.th.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bugger........ will try again

Welcome Brek it´s nice to see some new faces in the challenge! Good Luck!

Oh and by the way, I won´hurt you, Unless you do better than me icon_wink.gif

First season with FC Paulista in The Brazilian Second Division is over and the league looks like this..

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2773/1stseasoncw2.th.png]League Table

I think I will stay for another season to try and boost my repuatation in Brazil. I probably applied for around 12 jobs through the season and all unsuccessful. Next season with Paulista could be tricky as most of my players were on loan and now I have a debt of 1 million pounds. Promotion is a must next season or I will be on my way.

More updates soon..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaz457:

First season with FC Paulista in The Brazilian Second Division is over and the league looks like this..

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2773/1stseasoncw2.th.png]League Table

I think I will stay for another season to try and boost my repuatation in Brazil. I probably applied for around 12 jobs through the season and all unsuccessful. Next season with Paulista could be tricky as most of my players were on loan and now I have a debt of 1 million pounds. Promotion is a must next season or I will be on my way.

More updates soon.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is the boards reaction to all your job applications??, they can´t be happy!

March 5th 2009

A small update to announce that I have a new job. After just over two months of unemployment, being ignored by about a dozen manager-less teams, I landed a job I'm quite pleased with, and am now the new manager of Real Sociedad.

After 40 years in the Spanish top division, Real Socieded relegated to the LIGA BBVA just before the start of the game. They're in their second season in the second division now, and are 14th with 12 matches to go - not exactly living up to their promotion expectations.

So that's where I'll come in. I have a 2 year and a few months contract with a "become a major player in the LIGA BBVA at the end of the two year plan" goal. With the club's history and finances - which seem to be in decent shape - that should be quite possible.

I'm looking forward to this one. A nice step up from the Chinese second tier, in any case. This could be a long term job, with qualifying for Europe at the horizon. But that's getting ahead of myself. Promotion by the end of next season, first.

History:

Hohhot - Chinese First Division: July 2007- Dec. 2008

Real Sociedad - Spanish LIGA BBVA: March 2009 - present

Achievements:

none

ok after long consideration of all the challenges in this forum i have decided on this one as it has me quite excited for some reason so anyway i dont have fm 08 yet so ill start it now on 07 if thats ok with everton bloke the i will post some screenshots tonight hopefully if i work out how to do them

cheers everton bloke for a great challenge

(even if you do support everton)

ok just loaded it up it took a while icon_frown.gif

but im there icon_cool.gif

theese are the nations ive selected

argentina

australia

brazil

denmark

england

france

germany

holland

ireland

italy

malaysia

n.ireland

portugal

romania

south africa

south korea

spain

usa

ukraine

wales

it took me about ten minutes to apply for all the jobs there were so many available

still working on the screenshots

does it matter if i cant do the screenshots or do you have to have them obviously apart from the one at the end with all competitions you have one but i doubt ill get that far

so im off gd luck to every one else doing the challenge

the board didnt seem too bothered about all my job applications as i was over achieving in the league.

the first job i went for they offerd me a chance to resign beofre i was sacked though but nothing happened. i just made no comment in the media after i applied for the other jobs and nothing was said..

ok, so finished the first season with woodlands.

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=endseasonwoodlandsfs9.png

finsished 4th which is not too bad considering they were 6th after 16 games when i took over. bloody board have given me 0 transfer budget for the second season though. am applying for every job going and the board dont seem to mind at all, which is just as well considering i hate the food in singapore (it gives me the trots icon_wink.gif) Wouldnt mind having a go in Australia, the birds are bloody hot there!!

ok, so finished the first season with woodlands.

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=endseasonwoodlandsfs9.png

finsished 4th which is not too bad considering they were 6th after 16 games when i took over. bloody board have given me 0 transfer budget for the second season though. am applying for every job going and the board dont seem to mind at all, which is just as well considering i hate the food in singapore (it gives me the trots icon_wink.gif) Wouldnt mind having a go in Australia, the birds are bloody hot there!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, so the board does care!!

http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=woodlandssackiq7.png

My Update

Well i didnt have to wait long before being offered three jobs in the Third Tier of Brazil.

One which stood out looking at the squads was Itumbiara. I decided to go for it and they hav a decent stadium for the future and a half decent squad.

Itumbiara - Brazil

I made one signing before the start of the campaign. A 36 year old AMR to replace a player who had left for nothing. I released all but one of the players who were on loan to cut the wage bill and highered a few staff. Three Coaches and two Scouts.

My first game was on the 17th of Janauary 2007 in the Goais State Championship. It was an encouraging start to my career. I played a 4-4-2 which i usually play in the lower leagues of England and im unsure how this approach will work in Brazil in the long run.

First Match

I will update again at the end of the season or if i get a bigger job. The future looks bright tho at the moment.

May 24th 2009

League table.

I took charge of Real Sociedad with 12 matches to go, and took them from 14th to 15th. Not exactly spectacular, but it doesn't matter much. Now starts the two-season challenge of making them "a major player in the LIGA BBVA." Or in other words, promote.

That may not be as easy as I first anticipated. The club still has some decent players, and even a few of First Division quality, but no squad depth at all. The first eleven are decent enough, and there's some not-too-terrible cover at the back, but none at all for up front or in midfield. All the midfield and forward subs are either 17 year olds who "may become a decent player in the future" or guys I should "look to offload as soon as possible." Especially in midfield this is problematic, with one of them suspended every three matches or so, heh.

I'll probably need about ten new players to build a squad I'll be satisfied with, and transfer funds aren't gonna be quite that high. There's some room in the wage budget, at least, so I'll just have to look for some freebies.

History:

Hohhot - Chinese First Division: July 2007- Dec. 2008

Real Sociedad - Spanish LIGA BBVA: March 2009 - present

Achievements:

none

And with that, I'll be putting this challenge (and the game) on hold for a bit.

My game was already suffering from the "everybody has very low morale" bug, the "midfielders get a yellow card when they sneeze" bug, not to mention the game running as if I'm on a Pentium I with 32 megs of RAM. Though annoying, I could deal with those things, knowing it'd be fixed eventually.

But now the Real Sociedad board has decided to blame me for the team's poor performance this season, while I only took charge near the end of the season, which made my job Very Insecure.

Since that obviously messes things up, I'll take a break for now and wait for the 8.0.1 patch. Busy week ahead of me anyway.

May 2008 Update

Took over Hesterfield with 15 games left in the season. lying in 16th place on 12-2-07, my first day. The squad was basic enough but we had some decent Loan players in. Went unbeaten until the end of the season, winning 10 and drawing 5 to finish in 5th lmace, in the playoffs. was drawn against MK Dons in the two legged tie, we managed to draw away form home but lost the second leg, the omly loss of the season under me!

League Table:

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0708chesterfieldvy5.png

i was very happy with how things went. the only major problem i encountered was the boards inability to find a parent club, badly needed for bothe players and income. am concerned long term for the finances of the club as we seem to be leaking a little too much money each week for my liking.

the board have a 4 year plan to estalish the team in league 1 this is achievable but the finances will need to be controlled tightly, a good cup run will be crucial next season to help bolster the coffers, an average gate of just over 3000 people just won't cut it. am not actively looking for a new job at the moment, i intend to promote Chesterfield and bump my reputation this way so roll on next season

Oh, the birds in Chesterfield arent a patch on those aussies!! icon_wink.gif

Will the winner of the challenge be the person who does it first or the person who does it in the fewest seasons. I think the latter might be fairer but its obviously up to you..

Doesnt seem like there have been many trophies won yet anyway I had my fisrt chance after taking over Morocco for the african nations cup but crashed out of the first round! Think i will start again now with the new patch as in brazilian 2nd division the low morale and the fact that claudiney was sent off 9 times and booked in virtually every other game was becoming to fustrating. Even after being changed to soft tackling icon_smile.gif

New profile and league screenshots to follow soon...

Update - May 2007

Apollo Farstriker has come to the end of his first competition in Brazil. The Goias State Championship. Itumbiara narrowly missed out on the finals and this pleased the board no end.

The Goias State Championship Final Standings

There were a few ups and downs through the campaign including a 6-0 home defeat to eventual champions Goias and run of 7 wins which followed this defeat.

HIGHLIGHTS

Only Team to Beat Vila Nova in the League stage

Vila Nova did eventually suffer a second defeat in the final being beaten by Goias 3-0

We beat last years champions Athletico Goianiense 3-2.

Robsons Goal against Atletico (Robson is my Keeper)

7 Wins on the Trot

The National Competition starts on the 24.6.07 and just over a month. we need to strenthen our defence prior to the start of this competition.

We are also losing money hand over fist every month and must do something to counter this. i hope attendences will be higher during the national competition.

MY PROGRESS

Im not looking to move on quite yet as i think i can win the league this year after our strong performance in the state championships. However if a job too big to turn down should come along i may be left with no choice but to move on in order to advance my own career.

Update November 2007

My first job was at Woodlands in Singapore. When I took them over they were in 4th in the league, our final position was 3rd - mainly down to the total collapse of SAFFC, who after leading for the first half of the season finished 4th.

League

Aims for next season: Finish first and qualify for an Asian cup.

Likelihood: Low icon_wink.gif

Update - August 2007

Its come to the end of my first season with Itumbiara in the Brazilian Third National Division.

Final League Standings

Now bearing in mind that on the last day of the season all we had to do to save our skins was beat Londrina who lay 2 points clear of us in 6th place at our place.

Itumbiara - Londrina

Confirmation

We went down without a fight. Fuming at this i slated the team in the dressing room and then in the media after the game. When asked what i thought of our chances of bouncing straight back up, i replied. Not a chance, not with this team.

Subsequently this happened

I jumped before i was pushed.

After such high hopes at the start of the season and such high standards set in the state championship we failed on every front. I was embarrased to be called manager of this club and i have now applied for a number of other jobs outside of Brazil. Most notably Manager of Singapore u18s.

TO BE CONTINUED...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 5ergio:

So here goes my profile for this challenge. Leagues are:

Argentina(2)

Australia(1)

China(2)

England(1)

Ireland(2)

Italy(1)

Malasia(2)

South Africa(2)

Spain(1)

Sweden(2)

Turkey(1)

U.S.A(1)

I won't be updating much but I'll be playing this at least. Again, good challenge Evertonbloke. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! Two weeks before I loaded up my game but haven't got the chance to play it. Now I'm progressing icon_biggrin.gif Hired by Kayserispor in Turkey topflight. Media expectations are 5th place, which is the EURO Vase in case I get there. I hope I won't move elsewhere before winning one trophy here. Will try to keep you updated in near future.

ok... as i type this my game is loading...

Leagues are:

Australia

England

Scotland

Wales

Ireland

Northern Ireland

Italy

Spain

South Africa

South Korea

Singapore

Malaysia

USA

Mexico

Brazil

Argentina

Sweden

Denmark

i'll post again when i get a job so that u can see my profile and who i'm managing icon_smile.gif

Update April 2008

I´m still at Almagro though things have changed, I spend new year´s lying in first place, but as always icon_mad.gif Things went bad in the second half of the season, I´m 6th and promotion is not looking good, I´m still gonna fight for it though....

If I don´t win promotion I might seek elsewhere, if the right offer comes, but we´ll see... icon_smile.gif

Archived