Evertonblokes Round the World Challenge

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evertonbloke:

Good to have you back mate.

How many trophies did you get last year by the way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back again now... left this challenge for a while to get some experiance under my belt managing everton, but im back now!

decided though that i was probably running too many leagues the first time around, perticularly too many big european leagues, so im loading up with a new set up of...

Argentina

Australia

Brazil

China

England (2)

Indonesia

Ireland

Italy

Malaysia

Mexico

Norway

Russia (2)

Singapore

South Africa

South Korea

Spain

Am hoping to start in Asia, hence the thinking behind running 5 Asian leagues. but i shall see what comes up! who knows, maybe this is the attempt that i will finaly get started properly!

As for your question about last years challenge, i won the following...

Europe

Champions Cup - Inter (22.5.2013)

Euro Cup - Valencia (17.5.2017)

Euro Super Cup - Valencia (25.8.2017)

South America

Copa Libertadores - Boca Juniors (23.7.2014)

Africa

African Challange - Kaizer Chiefs (01.8.2010)

Asia

Champions League - Seoul (28.10.2009)

East Asian Championship - Seoul (26.7.2008)

World-Wide Club

Club World Championship - Boca Juniors (14.12.2014)

All that before i pulled out of the challenge and cheated my way in to the everton job!

I think the best achivement not on that list was taking over Gremio halfway through the season, when they were 18th (i think).... went on a massive run and missed out on the championship on the last day of the season!

I think i was lucky realy, because i was able to start at a big club like Seoul. dont know why they hired me! i dont think i'll be able to get such a big name straight off this time around!

How about you? what did you win in the end??

P.S. just though, i won no international competitions last time out! world cup final defeat on pens put me off international management i think! i'll have to change that this year!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BarcaBoy:

is this really slow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isnt that slow i dont think....

i decided to cut down the amount of leagues purely because ive decided that there is no point in running german, french, portugease, dutch etc... as i havnt got any intention of managing there!

the minimum requirements can be found on the first post... i think its 8-10 leagues or something, although IMO you should deffinatly run a top euro league, makes winning the CL and UEFA cup much easyer that trying it with an irish or scandinevian side

what happenned to Unal in 5ergio, did he leave for free at the end of the 1st season, he did on mine.

I was suprised erdan played so well for you, he was terrible for me..

I just finished my first season with Kayserispor anyway. I came 4th, I wanted to come 5th to qualify for the euro vase but Besiktas lost at home on the last day to keep me 4th. Money situation is great there, healthy profit every month.

Aab has come available so I have applied, still not sure weather to stay another season and build rep or move on and go for the Royal League..

Will update soon..

I had to start again due to my computer crashing in a storm so i started again on my dads Laptop.

Leagues

South Africa (2)

China (2)

Singapore (1)

USA (1)

Beljium (3)

Denmark (2)

England (4)

Ireland (2)

Australia (1)

Brazil (2)

This time round i went with Canada

My first tournament was the North America Gold cup in which we had the favour of the draw and got an easy run through to the final against Trinidad and Tobago where we had 4 key players out and still dominated the match and were 2-0 up 20 mins in. Unfortunatly we ended up loseing the match 3-2 but the FA was pleased all the same and better luck next time i guess.

goldcup2007dq2.th.jpg]Gold Cup Final[/url]

fm07profilecanadadu2.th.jpg]Profile[/url]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaz457:

what happenned to Unal in 5ergio, did he leave for free at the end of the 1st season, he did on mine.

I was suprised erdan played so well for you, he was terrible for me.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sold Unal in the Jan transfer window the first year. He started a disturbance amongst team, claiming he wants to move to bigger clubs so I just listed him and chariman sold him over the top of my head for £3,2M + %50 on next fee. He is now worth 4,8 icon_cool.gif

As you can see, I play Erdal as AMC, (AMLC in fact) with a run option to wing. The other two AMCs just help him out with his progress to be honest. I, now though, replaced him with a 24 yo Brazilian. icon_biggrin.gif

Decided that while I am waiting for the patch to restart Dafuges challenge I will have a go at this.

Never had a game where I have moved around clubs, but with a specific aim I may be ok.

Decided to run the following leagues (all top flights only)

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Chile

China

Croatia

Denmark

Ireland

Malaysia

Mexico

Norway

Serbia

Singapore

South Africa

Spain

USA

Running on a medium database and am praying my laptop can cope with this.

Since I only have top flights it may take a while for me to get a job. Havent played before in a lot of the leagues I have loaded so this could be fun.

I applied for every job going and had a few offers that I asked to delay and then I had an offer from African Warrios in South Africa.

Squad List - Could I start with less players?

Information

Well with 200 days til the start of the season, I just need to hire the rest of my staff, and a squad of players!

I have a 2 year contract with the aim of surival in the First division.

Wish me luck because I have probably just picked the hardest team out of those that have offered me jobs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

Squad List - Could I start with less players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! That is some depth in the squad icon_biggrin.gif Considering you have 200 days for the season to kick in, I'm guessing that you'll have some regens when it all began 'officially'. Although you still have to sign nearly 20 peeps to get you going in that league. Good luck mate, you got a tough task in front of you.

OK... After strugleing to find a job that i wanted with my initial set up, i decided to start again with a few changes to the leagues i was running.

This time i set the start date to March 2008 (Belarus), so most european leagues are almost at the end of the season, and managers are getting sacked right, left and centre... giving me a wider choice of jobs to apply for! icon_cool.gif

Despite being a Kyrgyzstani-Uzbek with only an Automatic reputation, and being turned down my Carlisle, Udinese, Shelborne, Arema Melang, Busan

I was offered a bloody big job for a first timer... at Racing Santander icon_biggrin.gif

which was gladly accepted

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

I applied for every job going and had a few offers that I asked to delay and then I had an offer from African Warrios in South Africa.

Squad List - Could I start with less players?

Information

Well with 200 days til the start of the season, I just need to hire the rest of my staff, and a squad of players!

I have a 2 year contract with the aim of surival in the First division.

Wish me luck because I have probably just picked the hardest team out of those that have offered me jobs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I didnt notice was the full squad of U19 players that had taken up the entire wage bill. I also didnt notice that this was the second division in South Africa, which I have only just noticed.

My board a few months into the season arent happy with me, due to finances and things so I think I will re-set up this game altogether complete with as I wanted, only top divisions, and perhaps as seanefc has just said with a start date of peak sackings!

Racing currently sit 17th in La liga, and the board are asking me to improve that to a 'safe midtable' position.

Several of the players seem a little concerned, apparently they 'Hope their managers lack of experience won't hinder the clubs progress'!

My first act was to appoint our most talented winger, also our highest influence player, Oscar Serrano, as captain

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seanefc:

Racing currently sit 17th in La liga, and the board are asking me to improve that to a 'safe midtable' position.

Several of the players seem a little concerned, apparently they 'Hope their managers lack of experience won't hinder the clubs progress'!

My first act was to appoint our most talented winger, also our highest influence player, Oscar Serrano, as captain </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck with Santander.

Just relooked at my initial set up for this challenge and it turns out that I hadnt changed the amount of leagues for any countries.

Am now in the process of starting up again, and have gone for 24 leagues in 24 countries, partially as a test to see how good my laptop is!

Ok, setup this time is the following leagues and definitely only top divisions (I think!)

South Africa

China

India

Malaysia

Singapore

Mexico

USA

Austria

Croatia

Denmark

Finland

Israel

N Ireland

Norway

Portugal

Ireland

Spain

Wales

Serbia

Australia

Argentina

Chile

Peru

Uruguay

I set it up to start in February 2008, and decided against applying for any Asian jobs to start with, since I prefer managing in the other continents more.

I have been appointed manager of KooTeePee in the Finish premier division. The season is just starting there, but hopefully I will be able to pull in some signings for myself before the window shuts.

KTP Profile

Ok, setup this time is the following leagues and definitely only top divisions (I think!)

South Africa

China

India

Malaysia

Singapore

Mexico

USA

Austria

Croatia

Denmark

Finland

Israel

N Ireland

Norway

Portugal

Ireland

Spain

Wales

Serbia

Australia

Argentina

Chile

Peru

Uruguay

I set it up to start in February 2008, and decided against applying for any Asian jobs to start with, since I prefer managing in the other continents more.

I have been appointed manager of KooTeePee in the Finish premier division. The season is just starting there, but hopefully I will be able to pull in some signings for myself before the window shuts.

KTP Profile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i understand what you mean about Asian jobs... i find Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore (to a lesser extent) all very confusing, the teams are totaly new to me, and at first glance all seem very similar (some even have very similar names)

however, in last years challenge i think i enjoyed my time in asia the most... but that was managing Seoul who are one of the best teams around, and just seemed to rake in the money. i had an 11 million budget at one point, but it was impossible to spend it... i had my 3 forigners, and any korean who was good enough wasnt interested due to being at a rival club, or being in europe

i cant wait for a korean job in fm2008 - i have to buy Dzenan Radoncic again icon_cool.gif

he was a god for my seoul team

3 games in and things have been going well enough!

was a bit annoyed to have to start with 3 away games, but i cant complain now after coming through them with 6 points.

started with an excelent 2-0 win in Majorca, then followed a 3-0 defeat in Zaragosa (we played ok, but milito took us apart with a hat-trick), the third game was an easy win realy 3-1 away at Valladolid.

we now sit 16th, but have an important 7 point cushion above the relegation zone

(note: im only running the top division, so relegation = sacking icon_biggrin.gif)

well im calling it a night now...

so far so good with racing i think...

6 games in and we have 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. annoyingly though, both draws were our only 2 home games which we should have won!

the final 4 games will be tough...

H - Athletico Madrid

A - Espanyol

H - Sevilla

A - Almeria

im quietly confident though, as Murcia in 18th spot have the first 3 of those aswell + Valencia.

and both valladolid and getafe (19th and 20th) are 8 points behind us with a much worse goal difference... i cannot see either of them winning 3 from 4.

that said though, murcia may spring a supprise or two, so we'll have to take some points off the big boys (and certainly off Almeria) to make sure we stay up.

infact, the league is so close this year, we could finish as high as 7th! obviously that wont realisticly happen

in other news, we've secured two signings for the summer... both well known players...

Thiago Motta & Alberto Medina (chivas)

Motta will go in to Centre mid competing with Colsa, Duscher and Szetetla. and Medina is certainly an improvement on our current right winger...

Update June 2010

After finishing the season top with Aab Final Table 2010and winning the Royal league again Royal league win 2010and the Danish cup Danish Cup wini was offered a new contract as mine was due to expire in June. I delayed it and am waiting tosee if anything else comes up. Hopefully a big job somewhere.

History ~~

Sparta Rotterdam - July 07 - July 08 finished 13th left for new job

Aab - Aug 08 - to present

Honours ~~

Royal League 2009 Royal League 2010 League Champions 2010 and Danish Cup winners 2010 all with Aab

So the 2nd season is over with Kayserispor and we are Turkish champions, a good 8 points clear of Mandiaspor in second. Runners up in the turkish cup after a 2-1 defeat to Fenerbache. The euro cup ended in the first round after a 3-1 agg loss to AC Milan, not the best of draws!

I signed a 1 year contract extension as I think it will be best to improve my rep by playing in champions league (if I qualify)..

Also got the Poland job, am lying 3rd in world cup qualifying after 2 heavy defeats to Germany, still hopeful of 2nd place though.

ok so now i have moved on, i thought i had done all i could at Aab so i am now at Fiorentina in the Serie A. Board want a 6th place finish so here goes for my next test.

History ~~

Aab - Aug 08 - June 2010

Fiorentina - July 2010 -

Honours ~~

Royal League twice(2009, 2010), Danish cup and League Champions all with Aab.

2008 Update - KooTeePee

Well the aim was to bravely fight against relegation and it came down to the last match of the season which we won 2-0 against the team that finished bottom.

KooTeePee survived in 11th (out of 14).

If any higher profile jobs get offered to me I will probably take them, if not I will continue at least 1 more season with this club, as I have some hopefully good strikers coming in on bosmans.

The problems in my previous save didn't seem to be fixed by the patch, so I decided to start over.

That gives me a chance to select a few less leagues as well, so it won't run quite as slow as it did.

Countries (leagues) selected:

Australia (1)

Belgium (2)

Brazil (2)

England (4)

Ireland (2)

Italy (3)

Malaysia (2)

South Africa (2)

South Korea (2)

Sweden (3)

USA (1)

+ New Zealand players retained.

I started June 2nd 2007. 15 teams without a manager, I applied for all of the jobs. If any, a job in Sweden or South Africa looks most likely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MachinegunHead:

I was reading through the changelog for the new patch, and it says something about the Royal League being removed. I sure hope I misread, but if so, that removes the need for Scandinavian leagues to complete the challenge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am using the new patch and have won the Royal League twice so it is still in the game.

I thought i would try from scratch using the new patch BUT saving my original game as i am doing quite well. I started with these leagues top leagues unless stated

South Africa

Singapore

South Korea

Mexico

Belarus

Denmark

England (2)

Ireland

Spain

Australia

Brazil

I set it to start in March 08 and only applied for English jobs and to my surprise got adecent one fairly quickly Job offer. So now i am left with the decision of do i carry on with old game or start this one?or can i do both icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seanefc:

just started a new game too see if the royal league is there... and NO, its gone.

i guess it will still be there with saves started before the patch, but on new games it no longer seems to be playable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, thats what I thought would happen. Guess it can just be bonus points for those who started pre-patch :p

Okay, so my first job will be at Woodlands in the Singaporean S-league.

Overview

As you can see, they aren't doing too badly in the league... I'm wondering why the last guy got sacked? Regardless, the Nigerian scouting knowledge of the Assistant manager has payed dividends already, as I managed to find a 17 year old right wing back who has extreme talent for his age. Although the transfer can't go through for another couple of months, so I will await his arrival patiently. He cost me 80k, and hopefully this gamble on a potential star will pay off.

Ok i got it wrong, i thought i had updated to the new patch but it was the beta one , thats why the Royal League was there. Now i have a problem, i updated to new patch and now my saved game wont load so i will have to go with my latest game at Leicester from my last post unless someone knows how i can play my original saved game

After loseing to jamaica in a world cup qualifier i decided to end my reign as coach as i dont think im the right manager for a national role just yet. After a long search i finaly found a club that wants me, Chinese First Groug team Huaibei Shandian they were 1 point off relegation last season so i dont expect too much too soon.

I did alot of thinking, and decided to start over, following the release of the new patch.

I left out the scandinavian league this time, and added a couple more european + uruguay and china.

Leagues:

Spain (3)

Germany (3)

England (2)

Argentina (2)

Holland (2)

N. Ireland

Malaysia

South Korea

China

Australia

USA

Uruguay

&

South Africa

Landed a job with Tiro Federal in the Argentine Second Division.. Will do a bigger update later on..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

I did alot of thinking, and decided to start over, following the release of the new patch.

I left out the scandinavian league this time, and added a couple more european + uruguay and china.

Leagues:

Spain (3)

Germany (3)

England (2)

Argentina (2)

Holland (2)

N. Ireland

Malaysia

South Korea

China

Australia

USA

Uruguay

&

South Africa

Landed a job with Tiro Federal in the Argentine Second Division.. Will do a bigger update later on.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had to start over... (my computer shut down mid-save icon_frown.gif

Same Profile, same leagues only this time I got a job at Tucuarembo in the Best uruguayan league icon14.gif (seemed like a better job than Tiro to be honest)

Im playing this challenge. Havent got time to put up my profile and league. Will come at some point :p Well i installed the patch (Cause of some crashes) and Royal League has been removed from FM. There is no Royal League this year. So i can never complete :p

A little about my game. I went to South Africa, in the 2nd division with Bay United. I ended up in 2nd place an went to the playoffs where i got my ass kicked på a premier division team. My media Prediction was 5th, but the bookies set me to 200-1 :p

Well, for myself, I'm thinking about restarting the game due patch is out. Also university & work kinda kept me busy. Don't think that the thread has died because it didn't. I think we all got some jobs to be taken care of irl.

I'll probably get a new game going on tomorrow or so, without the Scandinavian leagues ofc. And this time I won't start with a top flight club, it just doesn't seem so challenging at all.

GL to all who is playing atm. We are eager to hear your progress.

Update June 2011

Well i decided to stay with the original game and with Fiorentina and i have just finished season 2010-11. What a season i won the Euro cup after beating Chelsea in the final on pens Euro cup win, and then finished top of the league making it the double. All in all a good season.

History ~~

Aab - Aug 08 - June 2010

Fiorentina - July 2010 -

Honours ~~

Euro Cup (2011) and League Champions (2011)- Fiorentina

Okay now, giving this a one more go after the patch. Leagues are listed below, only top flight unless stated.

Argentina(2)

Australia

China(2)

England

Ireland(2)

Italy

Malaysia(2)

South Africa(2)

Spain

Turkey

U.S.A

I'll try to update often this time and here is my starting profile on day 07.07.07 icon_biggrin.gif

I applied basically to all clubs except Wigan, Kayserispor & Ankaraspor which are in their top flight leagues. Hired @ 07.07.07 || 12:00pm by Nanchang Bayi in China First Divison (2nd tier in the structure). Team is expected to establish itself in the First Division in the two years plan, sitting 1 point ahead of relegation with 12 games to go. The league consists of 24 games only. Let the games begin icon_smile.gif

I jumped ship after 4 months of Chinese action in 02.11.2007. Couldn't manage to push the team forward in 12 games. Only managed 4 wins and 3 draws in the mean time while scoring 14 and conceding 15. Went on holiday by applying all and stopping when I'm approached. Again a top flight club approached, MKE Ankaragücü, again in Turkey. 16 games have gone from the start of the season and they have only 11 points, sitting just above the bottom. Expected a safe mid-table, which seems a bit hard for now but who knows.

Profiles~~

Profile || 07.07.07

Profile || 02.12.07

History~~

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Nanchang || 07.07.07 - 02.11.2007

Ankaragücü || 02.12.2007 - Present</pre>

Honors~~

None

This one sounds like a good long term challenge! icon_cool.gif I usually end up playing the standard big European leagues but I've had fun on previous editions playing in Brazil, Mexico and Denmark. Plus, I've just got a new laptop which, I hope, will be up to the challenge, even if I'm not icon_razz.gif

Just to be on the safe side, I'll be running a medium database with the following leagues:

Argentina - 2nd Division

Australia

Denmark - 2nd Division

England - Championship

Ireland - 1st Division

Mexico - 1st Diviison A

Singapore

South Africa - Premier League

South Korea - K-League

Plus all players from New Zealand loaded as recommended.

I'm setting up the game now; will get back soon with screenshots, etc.

Wish me luck icon_smile.gif

Attempting to post roundtheworldprofilesq9.jpg]roundtheworldprofilesq9.jpg[/url]. Hope this works icon_razz.gif

By the way, I'm running 8.0.1 (full patch) and I've selected Mexican as a second nationality - if I start there I could possibly enter North and South American continential competitions icon_wink.gif

P.S. Regarding the Royal League in the patch, I read on the forums (though I don't remember exactly where so you'll have to take my word for it icon_wink.gif ) that the Royal League was removed for this season only as it's been cancelled this year irl due to scheduling issues but it should appear in later seasons.

15 jobs available at the start of the game. I was very surprised to be offered a job at Leicester straight off the bat icon_confused.gif Tempting but where would be the fun in that?

Having decided Woodlands would be too difficult to get my head around and not liking the look of the South African and Mexican teams on offer, I opted for Tiro Federal in the Argentine 2nd Division. Media prediction of 13th and two-year plan to be established in the current division. Here goes!

Update Sept 2011

Decided to stay at Fiorentina after been offered the job at Bayern because there was a chance of winning the Euro Super Cup which after a tough game i managed ( Euro Super Cup Win)that was after i had beaten Inter in the Italian Super cup ( Italian Super cup ). Season is 4 games in and i am in second place 1 point behind leaders. Will keep updating. Will probably move clubs if or when i get knocked out of Euro Champions cup. There are still lots of cups to win so lets get it on. Anyone else doing well? not many people posting about winning things.

Come on post updates.

History ~~

Aab - Aug 08 - June 2010

Fiorentina - July 2010 -

Honours ~~

Euro Cup (2011), Euro Super Cup (2011), Italian Super Cup (2011) and League Champions (2011)- All with Fiorentina

Archived