Evertonblokes Round the World Challenge

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, this looks like great fun, and will be starting a game on the 8.0.2 patch immediately, so no need to have a Scandinavian team right? However, my only question is why is it that loading all players from New Zealand is recommended? Is there some Oceania Cup amongst there I haven't seen that Australia aren't allowed in?

Also, will the following list get me through this fine?

Australia

Brazil

China

England

Ireland

Singapore

South Africa

U.S.A

Running on the bare minimum. icon_smile.gif

I bought a new team and backroom staff, my new ass man with decent stats said that it would be good enough to avoid relegation, and most of the players "would be a leading star for most Premier League sides", so surely I should have ripped it up?

Well, no. I discovered that still I'm at 50-1 for every single game (the lowest amount possible in the game), and after crashing out the cup 4-2 and losing the first home game 3-0 to someone else predicted to struggle, I resigned. I'm now holidaying indefinitely and applying for every job until I get one that's perhaps a little less impossible.

OK, so I am back to my own challenge, starting for the third time now there is a new patch out!

I am using the official patch after I have done the workaround for Defoes contract myself.

Here are my leagues

I'm starting in March '08 in the hope the late start will throw up a few interesting casualties.

Here I go..... (again)

And here is my Profile

OK, to add to the disapointment of missing out on the play-offs on goal difference. I have realised, that:

a) there was no play off, it was just straight promotion.

b) that I am in the third tier of the Northern Irish League, when I thought I was only in the 2nd tier. This will mean it will take longer to win the All Ireland Cup.

And now I will have to wait until Thursday before I get my next FM sesh in!!!

I was wondering if anyone else is playing with the new patch?

If so have they had problems with getting a job.

After seeing people start with Brazilian Third Div sides I wanted the same, I gave myself Brazilian nationality.

BUT....

I didnt get a job in over a year! Until newly promoted South African side Blackburn Rovers offered me the job.

Anyone else have similar problems with getting a new job on the new patch?

Should I go to the old patch?

Hi, ive just started again with the new patch,

getting a job does seem a bit harder, but it might just be bad luck, hard to say

problem for me is that im very fussy with the clubs i want to manage, im not asking to go in as the best club in a division,... but when i end up as a team which is totaly un-competitive - i get no enjoyment from it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

I was wondering if anyone else is playing with the new patch?

If so have they had problems with getting a job.

After seeing people start with Brazilian Third Div sides I wanted the same, I gave myself Brazilian nationality.

BUT....

I didnt get a job in over a year! Until newly promoted South African side Blackburn Rovers offered me the job.

Anyone else have similar problems with getting a new job on the new patch?

Should I go to the old patch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on another note, im not sure how much nationality influences anything...

i always play as a Kyrgyzstani-Uzbek (thats half from kyrgyzstan and half from uzbekistan - im english in real life, but thats just dull)

in the 07 version of this challenge, i managed all over the world, but funnyly enough, got turned down twice when applying for the Uzbekistan job!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seanefc:

Hi, ive just started again with the new patch,

getting a job does seem a bit harder, but it might just be bad luck, hard to say

problem for me is that im very fussy with the clubs i want to manage, im not asking to go in as the best club in a division,... but when i end up as a team which is totaly un-competitive - i get no enjoyment from it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive changed my mind since this post... it is now ALOT harder to get a job, or atleast thats the way it seems.

ive been un-employed for a year now, so im cutting my losses and restarting. this time i will run a few lower leagues.

intending to start in asia, but we'll see what (if anything) comes along...

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still going?

IS Evertonbloke or anyone going to post like a league table of how everyones done so far?

I think if its still on ill run this one whilst i am frustrated at Gundos challenge icon_smile.gif

Stupid referees playing 8 minutess added time instead of 4 icon_mad.gif

LOL icon_smile.gif

Well promptly started, will post leagues and profile soon. I started in March accidently, which is annoying cos it means i just continuing through loads of months.

HOWEVER, i have just been given a job.....as manager of vanateau...LOL....all of the players are amatuers and wouldn't even get in a conference south side...hmmm....should be interesting.

Started again...waiting months and months to start the season was awful, i had took over the african warriors from the south african second division. But decided this time to apply for the irish leagues, and got in Queens University Belfast, who are in the 2nd division of the northern irish league.

Oh and i decided not to apply to vanuatau

This challenge is still going ahead, however, we do seem to have a long gap between posts. suspect this is because it is such a long challenge.

Dont be put off by the lack of posting mate icon_smile.gif

No plans for a league table I'm afraid but if poeple want to let me know how far they have come I could put one together.

Well i quickly left QUB, as i couldn't sign any players as the board wouldn't allow me, so i have joined the african warriors. In the south african first division, mostly part timers, and amatuers.

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to make this my next fm project. It'll probably take a long time and it's doubtful that I'll actually complete it, but it should be fun. Here's my profile: Profile

The leagues that I've chosen are:

Argentina

Australia

Denmark

Ireland

Italy

Malaysia

South Africa

South Korea

USA

• 1 month later...

I have sort of tried this challenge before, but gave up really quickly. Going to give it another go, in the off chance I can get into it this time.

Leagues Picked

Picked Feb 2008 as my start date and from a quick glance there an assortment of higher profile jobs, international jobs and some other jobs available. Think I will apply for everything, though I doubt I will get the higher profile jobs.

I have taken over Sengkang Punggol FC in the Singapore League.

I join them as they have just lost in the prelim round of the League cup, but have the whole League season ahead of me, starting in under a month.

The squad contains 7 foreign players, and the league rules state I can only play 4 of them at a time. May need to try and find some more locals.

I only use to intend to use the club as a stepping stone to bigger things, and a few years down the line work on the Asian continental part of this challenge.

Will post some screenshots when anything remotely interesting happens.

• 3 months later...

Well this thread seems to have died a total death...

I think the real problem is that it seems to have got more difficult to find a job since after the patch. So a massive challenge is made even more massive by the fact that you have to start with a totally uncompetitive team. Of course, thats realistic, but it does add a good few years on before you can win trophys.

for example, in my original game, with the 1st patch, i was able to get job offers at reasonable teams, i.e. kyserispor in turkey, sparta in holland, racing santander in spain....

so im going to *cheat* a bit (atleast go against the rules of this challange), and start with an Automatic reputation BUT pick the team i am going to start with!

This will most likely be one of the top 2 or 3 from either Malaysia, or Singapore

It would be good to hear from anyone else who is up for doing the same? I will be playing with the exact same rules as stated on page one, but just picking my own team to begin with instead.

I thought i would wait a few months before posting this, to see if anyone was still playing/posting

Archived