FM10: Official MLS Thread

Harryseaess

i love running the MLS - the talent pools for each team are fairly equal, so it comes down to the tactics and motivation.

i am near the end of season 1 with Chicago Fire, hoping i can survive the playoffs & win the cup!

the fun thing about the MLS is even 2-star rated players can contribute quite well. i even had a 1-star backup goalkeeper have a tremendous game once

• 1 month later...

Just started my first ever MLS save with Seattle (Ljungberg :cool: ). Found the whole thing quite confusing to start with, but have managed to get to grips with it. Bought in Ryan Smith (English AML), Justin Mapp (American AML), Steven Morris (Honduran DR) and Eduardo McTaggart (Panamanian ST) for a combined £150k.

Sitting top after 3 games and quite enjoying it, waiting for it to spring into life at the end now!

I think I'll be starting a career game with TFC sometime. :cool:

A lot of issues I had with the league for a couple years seem to have been fixed.

Oh, and I would recommend ST Amr Zaki as a DP. Very good striker for around US$1 million salary per year. :thup:

what kind of issues are you talking bout?

i'm think bout starting a new save with fc dallas

• 1 month later...

Right, just started a save as Seattle. Only allowed five coaches and no scouts? awesome.

I was wondering why can't I make loan bids for players at US clubs?

and why can't I just offer a player to clubs without it referring to DP? I have international interest in a player I want to offload, let me state my terms!

I got my man anyway in the waiver draft. Just about to hit the season proper.

Got Vieri and Helguera on frees, as well as the lesser known Miladin and Hdiouad. US frees were Choco, Wileman and Martinez. I paid 20k for Marsch from Chivas because I wanted some technicality in the middle and I grabbed Anthony Wallace and Justin Mapp through the Waiver draft.

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in playing as an mls team. Who would be a challenge? And what are the rules? Mainly:

What is a designated player?

How does the draft work, worst team gets first pick? How many players do you pick a season?

Is winning the CONCACAF cup realistic or is it mainly won by teams from other countries?

What happens with transfer sales?

What nations/leagues are best to run alongside for competition/player creation reasons?

Thanks for anyone in the know.

I started a save with Seattle and here is what my squad looks like so far:

GK: Kasey Keller

D: Tony Beltran

D: Jhon Hurtado

D: Patrick Ianni

D: James Riley

M: Freddie Ljungberg

M: Eddie Gaven

M: Edgar Davids

M: Jose Francisco Torres (on loan)

F: Brad Evans

F: Fredy Montero

Bench

Braganca M (25 year old Portugese outside mid)

Nate Jaqua M/F

Chris Pontius M/F

Zach Scott D

Daniel Woolard D

Nik Besagno D/M

Mike Seamon M/F

Right now the team is 4-0-0 and in first place.

What do you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...

I havent checked all the teams in the MLS, but most are set to not scout any countries (too small fry I guess). Here's what you can do though:

- You can (obviously) scout individuals manually with a staff member (a pain, I know).

- Hire foreigners for your staff. Brazil and Argentina see to work best. They will recommend people to scout and generally turn up good people. (Though, I overpaid for a physio from England and he was a recommendation machine).

- Ask for a new feeder club which will increase your visibility into other countries. (I reject any recommendations from Canada and the US, get South American teams).

Archived