"YOU'LL NEVER WIN ANYTHING WITH KIDS."

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH COCA-COLA CHAMPIONSHIP

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2019/20

Media Prediction - 24th

Board expectations - Fight bravely against relegation

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

We lost 2 players before a ball had been kicked.
, our most experienced Keeper and
a very experienced midfielder. Both had decided they wanted to move to bigger clubs. They were sold for £1m each. I couldn't really hold out for any more as they were in the last year of their contracts and likely to go for free at the end of the season. Burge went to Derby and Kinsella went to Sheff Wednesday. They will be lining up against us in the Championship this season.

The season started poorly with the Bulldogs struggling to pick up wins. We lost 9 of the first 15 games and were in 20th position just a couple of points off the bottom. We needed a big improvement to avoid a relegation battle this year.

We managed to sign Scottish striker
after he was released by Hearts. My assistant tells me he is now the best striker at the club. Unfortunately after 4 games for us he suffered a
while away with the Scottish U20 squad. He will be out for up to 3 months. More bad news as
broke his leg in a training ground collision and is set to miss 5 to 6 months.

Just before Xmas I was approached by Bristol City to become their new manager. They offered £2100 per week in wages. Bulldogs only pay me £850 per week but I turned them down to continue with the Bulldogs.

With the transfer window drawing close I was preparing myself for a battle to keep my squad together. 12 of my 22 man first team squad were attracting interest from across the U.K.

Thankfully we tightened things up tactically and had a big improvement in form. We only lost 5 of the next 15 games and 7 wins in that period helped us to 16th in the table. I was also awarded manager of the month for our fine December form.

January saw us fighting 3 battles. The first was on the pitch as we fought to keep our good form and stay clear of our relegation rivals, We were doing well and had a 10 point cushion.

The second was a fight against a horrendous
which saw us with 9 first team players missing and we had to draft youth team players in to fill the bench. We had 16 of the whole squad out injured during the worst part of it.

The third was a battle to keep my squad together as a host of teams tried to poach my players. I did quite well to scare most of them off when quoting the prices it would take to sign my best players. My chairman took it upon himself to accept a 1.7m offer from Palermo for
. 1.7m profit for 6 months is very good but I can't improve my team if my brightest prospects are sold before they have a chance to develop into good quality players.

Our form in the final third of the season was even better. We pulled away from the relegation zone with the help of 7 wins and 6 draws from the final 16 games of the season. We were much more solid in defence which was the major reason for us only losing 3 games during that period. We finished the season in 8th position which was an amazing improvement from last season and didn't look like a possible outcome with our poor start to this season.

• Cups

In the
F.A Cup
we lost 1-0 to Plymouth in the 3rd round. Plymouth are managed by former Chelsea's player Joe Cole. Liverpool won the competition, its the first trophy they have won in 14 years.

In the
League Cup
we beat Dagenham & Redbridge to reach the second round but were beaten by Premier League side Sunderland. Man City Won the Competition.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

Mansaray was a former Man Utd striker who was sold for £1.7m 6 months after we picked him up for free.

Kinsella left for Sheff Wed for £1m after deciding he wanted to move to a bigger club.

Burge, same as above but to Derby for £1m.

Plus 10 other players left as I thinned out my reserve and youth squads, most went for free as only £25k was made from these transfers.

• Incoming

Apart from Mansaray (above) and Creaney, (mentioned in the season report) I brought in former Man City fullback
and former Chelsea youngster
who also plays fullback. Both were signed as players with the potential to make it into the first team.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Man

• Highest Average Rating

7.52 from 19 apps.

Squad Statistics

FORMER PLAYERS

was surplus to requirements at Dundee Utd This season. He played 7 times for them mainly as a sub before he was sold to Huddersfield for £180k. He played 13 times for Huddersfield and played against the Bulldogs for the first time toward the end of the season.

secured an incredible £6.75m move to Spanish top division side Zaragoza. He now earns £17,5k per week. He played 27 times in the Spanish first division scoring 1 goal.

Played 33 times for Malaga as they improved to finish 6th in the Spanish second division. Despite this Peirce was unhappy and wanted to be transfer listed as he feels he should be a first team regular.

played 35 times for Sheff Wednesday this season. They finished third in the league and were unlucky to miss out on a chance to play in the premier league after losing in the playoffs.

only played twice for Derby this season and as a result he wants to leave the club. Burge definitely made the wrong decision to move as Derby were relegated from the Championship this season after finishing 22nd.

Injuries restricted him to just 1 start for Palermo. Despite this he was called up to the Sierra Leone squad and he has scored 2 goals from 4 internationals so far.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

Would be great to repeat the top half finish but a lot depends on the chairman and whether he will sell our best players from under me. I don't mind too much if he is putting the money toward a new stadium but I can't see that happening just yet.

British Bulldogs Summary

Season    Team                   League                   Position            Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-10     BULLDOGS      Isthmian Premier Division           3RD           Promoted > playoffs
10-11     BULLDOGS      Blue Square South                   1ST           Promoted > Champions
11-12     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        9TH                
12-13     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        5TH          Lost in playoff semi final
13-14     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        1ST           Promoted > Champions
14-15     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  9TH
15-16     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH          Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST          Promoted > Champions
17-18     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 1                  5TH          Promoted > Playoffs
18-19     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              17TH         
19-20     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              8TH

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP

BulldogsFINAL.png

2020/21 PRE SEASON

NEWS

During the course of last season and the close season I decided to replace my feeder clubs as I wanted my loaned out youngsters to play at a higher level. Burton Albion were the first club confirmed who play in the Blue Square Premier and Exeter who have just been relegated to league 2 were also affiliated.

I decided to bring another
in to help out in case we have another injury crisis like last season. I also brought in the Bulldogs first

We received a total of £800k as a result of Fulham and Leeds not needing their parachute payments.

I signed a new 4 year deal at the Bulldogs for £1800 per week, thats a £950 per week pay rise, I assume my chairman was getting worried by the offers I was receiving from fellow Championship clubs.

More than 6000 season tickets were sold for this season and that brought in almost £3.2m to boost our bank balance to £7.7m as the season began. We are currently spending just under £90k per week on wages

SQUAD

Another set of youngsters has been promoted from the youth team. Once again they were average at best looking at my coach reports. Although keeper
might become a decent player as he developes.

PRE SEASON

Pre season went very well, We won 5 and lost just 1. There were a few minor injuries and unfortunately we lost Club Captain Harry Hogarth for up to 2 months when he tore his knee ligaments.

EXPECTATIONS

The media have predicted that we will finish 14th this season and The board are expecting a safe mid table position this season, I hope to achieve this but it will be easier if the chairman lets me keep some of my better prospects for a bit longer, instead of selling them for a couple of million pounds. If we sell our top players now we need to be looking for more money in my opinion.

Thanks mate, glad your enjoying it.

As for the regen faces, I used a facegen program to generate them. Then edited and added hair in a paint program.

Facegen Download link in this thread.

There is also an old thread here where I first spotted them.

I downloaded the hair pack from Here

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

On the subjest of regen faces, i added one for my striker Ian Foster.

Here is the origional and his new one to compare.

fozzie12.jpg

I tried to make the features on his new one as simular to the origional as possible, but more realistic.

I have finished my latest season and am now writing it up and uploading screenshots. It should be posted up tomorrow evening if all goes to plan.

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH COCA-COLA CHAMPIONSHIP

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2020/21

Media Prediction - 14th

Board expectations - Safe mid table position

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

Our early season form was much improved when compared to recent seasons. We were riding high among the play off positions until 3 losses on the bounce saw us drop rapidly. With the first third of the season completed we were in 12th position and already a long way toward achieving our goals for this season.

There was lots of interest in my top striker
. Marseilles and west ham were the main teams interested in his services but i slapped a £10m price tag on his head in the hope of scaring them off. My main concern was that any cash offer was likely to be accepted by my chairman and he was a player I didn't want to lose on the cheap.

We continued to play well and actually improved during the mid season period. Over the next 15 games we only lost 3 games and won an incredible 9 games. We were free scoring now and comfortably the top scorers in the championship at this point. With just 16 games to go we were in an impressive 4th place in the league with a very good chance of making a play off position.

As the transfer window opened The interest in Striker Creaney has intensified due to his incredible goal scoring form. He has scored 18 in 28 games and is now attracting interest from Lyon, Dortmund, Bayern, Juventus and athletico Madrid. I put a price tag of £20m on his head in the hope of reducing the chance of a low offer being accepted by my chairman. I think its inevitable that i will lose him soon but i want to get as much for him as possible. Its strange that he is attracting these teams as he was deemed not good enough for Hearts in the Scottish premier league not so long ago.

Our recent form also helped me to win the Manager of the month award for December.

We managed to keep Creaney through the transfer window and were rewarded with some more fine form from him and our other star striker
. During the final third of the season we won 9, drew 3 and lost only 4. This helped us to cement our place in the playoffs as we finished the season in an impressive 3rd position. We were also the top scorers in the Championship this season with 89 goals. Both Creaney and Welch scored over 25 goals this season.

Play-offs

In the semi finals we were up against Steven Gerrard's Wolves side. We went at them in the away leg and caught them by surprise. We beat them 4-0 and set ourselves up perfectly for the second leg at the Kennel. We held them to a 1-1 draw and also managed to rest some players as we comfortably made our way to the playoff finals and another trip to wembley, our 5th in 12 years.

A crowd of 59000 turned up to watch as the Bulldogs ran riot against Sol Campbell's Middlesborough' side. Our free scoring side were 4-1 up by half time and the Bulldogs fans were partying in the stands as a place in the premier league was all but guaranteed. 'Boro pulled one back but 2 more from Creaney wrapped it up as he completed his hat-trick and the Bulldogs won promotion with a brilliant 6-2 win.

So after 12 season we have battled our way to the top division. We face an even tougher battle to stay there.

• Cups

In the
F.A Cup
we lost 2-1 to premier league side Sunderland in the 3rd round. Newcastle won the competition.

In the
League Cup
we beat Exeter and Southend to reach the third round but were thrashed 4-0 by Aston Villa. Arsenal Won the Competition after losing in last years final.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

16 Players left as we tried to keep our wage budget as low as possible. £800K was raised through the sale of these reserve players who looked unlikely to make the grade.

• Incoming

18 year old former West Ham youth team striker
was signed and loaned out to feeder club Burton.

Former Man Utd Defensive Midfielder
Was snapped up and also loaned out, this time to Exeter.

Adaptable defender / midfielder
a Former Blackburn player was snapped up when he was dumped by the premier league club.

All 3 were signed with the hope they might one day develop into players good enough to represent the first team. They are not at that standard yet but my staff say they have some potential for improvement.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Match

Creaney 7

• Highest Average Rating

Creaney 7.58

Squad Stats

FORMER PLAYERS

made 20 appearances for Huddersfield this season as they finished 11th in the Championship. He is attracting interest from Premier league sides Leeds and West Ham.

made 37 apps for Zaragoza this year as they finished 7th in the Spanish top division.

made 34 apps for Malaga this year but still feels that he is not a first team regular. He will probably leave at the end of this season as his contract is up. Mallorca from the Spanish top division are monitoring the situation.

played 19 times for the Championship winners this season but unfortunately has fallen out of favour and been moved to the reserve team and transfer listed. Looks like he could miss out on the chance to play in the premier league

Played 36 times for Derby as they made the playoffs in league 1. They missed out on promotion. I bet he wishes he didn't move to a bigger club now.

Only played twice for Palermo this season. He is one for the future and has been made available for loan.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

Try to make enough money for a new stadium. 10000 won't be big enough to support a premier league squad.Try to stay up!

British Bulldogs Summary

Season    Team                   League                   Position            Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-10     BULLDOGS      Isthmian Premier Division           3RD           Promoted > playoffs
10-11     BULLDOGS      Blue Square South                   1ST           Promoted > Champions
12-13     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        5TH          Lost in playoff semi final
13-14     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        1ST           Promoted > Champions
15-16     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH          Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST          Promoted > Champions
17-18     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 1                  5TH          Promoted > Playoffs
20-21     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              3RD           Promoted> Playoffs

The promised land! Well done mate, been quite a journey but you made it and lets hope you can stay there :thup:

Quite funny to come up against both Sol Campbell's and Steven Gerrard's teams in the play-offs.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm very pleased to get to the premier league, it was through the back door as I have not won a league since League 2. I really don't expect to be good enough to stay there, but i've felt the same after the last 2 promotions so you never know.

I think my players are performing way above their ability as my coach reports still say things like "Would be a decent player for most League 1 sides". My star player Creaney's coach report is the best, it says "would be a leading star for most Championship sides."

As for former players who are now managers. As well as Gerrard and Campbell I also came up against Nicky Butt when he Replaced Joe Cole at Plymouth. Richard Dunne at Swansea, Phill Jagielka at Swindon and Rio Ferdinand was Notts County manager (With Gerrard as his no2) until he got the sack when they were relegated from the premier division.

Forgot to mention I upgraded to the third patch at the start of the 2019/20 season. (More injuries but a better match engine, in my opinion it's an improvement)

My pre season update should be done for this evening. But DVD'S, beer and a curry are beckoning tonight as well as an "early night" ;) suggested by the wife. So forgive me if it does not appear.

edit: I just found out the early night is because the grand prix is on at 6am and the clocks go forward tonight. lol.

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

BulldogsFINAL.png

2021/22 PRE SEASON

NEWS

We brought a premier league legend in to mark our introduction to the premier league.
was signed as coach.

The board announced plans to add 6000 seats to make the Kennel a 10000 all seater stadium to comply with premier league rules. They must have negotiated a good deal as it is due to cost only £775k and will take 10 months to complete the work.

We will be ground sharing with West Ham until the work has been completed.

I found it quite amusing that if the Hammers fans want to see premier league football at Upton Park this season, they will have to come and watch the Bulldogs, as West Ham were relegated last season.

We were leaking money last season and made a loss of more than £3.5m.

This season saw a jump in player wages as their contract clauses kicked in to raise their wages by 25%. The weekly wage bill for our squad is now £138k. Thats not that bad when you consider several premier league players earn more than that alone.
and
for example.

The premier league t.v. money of £29.4m will be a big bonus to us for this season.

We also negotiated a new 5 year kit sponsorship deal worth £1.1m per season. These financial boosts saw us with a healthy £7m in the bank as the season started.

Our link with Lecce has now been terminated as it was "not utilised enough to make it viable" I don't mind as I never asked for a Parent club and It goes against my transfer policy to use the loan arrangements. The only real benefit is the £30k that they paid us each season.

SQUAD

The new intake of youth players arrived,
looks a good prospect.

Unfortunately
has fallen down the pecking order, he wants to be a first team regular but my staff inform me that he is not good enough for the team. He is rated as a good League 2 striker by my assistant. I decided to Transfer list him.

21 year old Reserve striker
will be given a chance in the first team. He came through the youth team 6 years ago and has scored 38 league goals from 69 starts whilst on loan at lower league clubs. It's a big ask of him to play in the premier league but if he does not make the grade I may use
as a striker instead of in midfield as I have more options in Midfield.

PRE SEASON

The friendly matches went well as we won 6 drew 1 and lost 1. The loss was against Man Utd and only 1-0, I'd be happy enough with that in the league.

EXPECTATIONS

The board expect us to fight bravely against relegation and the media have us as hot favorites to finish bottom. I think relegation is quite probable this time. I just hope there are 3 teams worse than us.

Thanks for the comments im glad your enjoying it.

You must be a club Icon now.

Supprisingly I don't even feature on the Favoured Personnel list. This could be because I started it with the 10.1 patch. There were reported issues with it being impossible to get on the legends and icons list.

Its amazing how these players have continued to perform each time we go up. Foster has been in the team since the Isthmian Premier and scored goals at every level. (More than 130 league goals in 12 seasons)

Although we have not been good enough to win a league since League 2, I can't complain about going up through the play offs with this transfer policy.

I just read through the whole thread. Truly great work and a great read on top of that!! :):thup:

This thread really makes me wish I could spend more time on the game. Then I could try and create a similar challenge for myself as well :(

But as that is not to be, I'm left reading this. Now I'm really looking forward to see how your fortune will be in the Prem. Fingers crossed. :)

Thanks for taking the time to read through (it must have taken ages) and thanks for the comments.

If you find more time to play, be sure to post your progress in here, there are some great threads to read through.

My season should be finished and updated some time over the weekend. (as long as real life doesn't take over ;))

Thanks for taking the time to read through (it must have taken ages) and thanks for the comments.

I'm at work, so no worries ;)

If you find more time to play, be sure to post your progress in here, there are some great threads to read through.

I actually thought of giving that a go as I'm playing a nice special game started just in 2012 with a few mods, but I wonder who on here would wait for around 6 weeks to finally get a new season's update from me... :(

My season should be finished and updated some time over the weekend. (as long as real life doesn't take over ;))

Real life is vastly overrated ;)

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2021/22

Media Prediction - 20th

Board expectations - Fight Bravely against relegation

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

We surprised ourselves during the first third of the season as we managed 4 wins and 2 draws from the first 12 games, including a fantastic 4-3 win over Man Utd and a 1-1 draw against Liverpool. We were also on the wrong end of a few thrashings from our 6 losses, including a 4-0 stuffing from Everton. Things were going much better than expected though and we were in 16th place at this point of the season just ahead of Liverpool and the 3 teams in the relegation spots, Sheff Wed, Peterborough and Notts County. If I can just stay ahead of these 3 I'll be happy.

Stoke offered me their managers job after Gary Megaon left to take the recently vacant Liverpool job. It was worth 20,500 per week. Much more than my £1800 but you know the story by now so i turned it down.

Our mid season was even stronger than our starting form. 5 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses during this period saw us gain a few positions in the table and move up to 13th. we increased the points gap between us and the relegation zone. We were 14 points ahead of Sheffield Wednesday who occupied 18th (the final relegation spot)

It wasn't all good news as Man Utd got revenge for our win early in the season when they thrashed us 4-0 and we were starting to suffer some injuries.
was out for a month with a groin strain and
(see transfers) tore his calf muscle and was ruled out for 4 months.

In January
went to Walsall in the championship for a fee of £50k. It was a real shame to let him go because he was a long serving player who had been very successful. He had scored 118 league goals in 286 league games for the bulldogs and was still the only bulldogs player to have represented his country during his time at the club, playing 3 times for DR Congo. In the end he just wasn't good enough to get back into the team.

With just a third of the season left to go, it looked like it would take a major collapse for us to get drawn into the relegation fight.

Final third of the season we managed 4 wins and 2 draws. This helped us to comfortably avoid relegation with a fine 13th position in the table. The 7 losses from these final 13 games showed we are still some way from being comfortable in the league. My challenge was to stay up and we were 20 points above Sheffield Wednesday who finished in 18th, the final relegation spot.

With just 3 games to go Blackburn offered me their managers position, it was worth £26k per week but i wasn't interested and they were below me in the league as well.

we received 8.25m for final league position. Add that to the t.v. money and the higher gate receipts we ended the season with £29m in the bank, £27.5m profit for this season.

I received some more good news after the season had finished.

The Bulldogs board have today announced that the club have been granted planning permission to build a new stadium. Construction of Bulldogs stadium will cost around £72m, although this figure will be offset by the £11m the club will receive by selling the Kennel. The board have secured a loan of £61.02m to help finance the stadium project. Additional funding has been secured with a stadium sponsorship deal worth £30.36m. The new stadium is scheduled to be finished on Monday 24th June 2024 and will boast under soil heating and a capacity of around 27750.

• Cups

In the
F.A Cup
We beat Sheffield Utd and Notts County before a loss to championship side Millwall in the 5th round. We will get our chance to avenge the defeat next season as they won promotion to the premier league. Arsenal went on to win the cup and complete the double. This is their 13th F.A. Cup victory and they are now the team who have won it the most.

In the
League Cup
we won against Walsall before Spurs beat us 3-1 in the 3rd round. Man city went on to win the competition.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

7 players left for a combined fee of £350k. Apart from
they were all reserve and youth players.

• Incoming

Man Utd let 19 year old keeper
leave, we signed him as he has the potential to be as good as our first choice keeper.

When Arsenal let Midfielder
leave we took him in as he has the potential to be a decent premier league player. He was on the fringe of the first team from the start. The future looks good for this 18 year old.

18 Year old former Newcastle striker,
was signed in the hope he could one day make the first team. After signing him my assistant said we should transfer list him as he is not good enough. I'll give him a bit of time. He was sent to Burton for the season.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Match

Welch 5

• Highest Average Rating

Danby 7.28 from 15 apps

Squad Stats

FORMER PLAYERS

played 28 times for Huddersfield this season. They seem to have converted him to a left winger, he scored twice as Huddersfield narrowly miss out on a play off position. They finished 8th in the championship this season.

Played 45 times for Zaragoza who finished a respectable 5th in the Spanish top division. He scored 4 goals and assisted 8 times this season.

was without a club for much of the season after his contract at Malaga expired. He eventually signed for Inverness CT who finished 5th in the Scottish premier division. He played 11 times this season.

spent the whole season in the Sheffield Wednesday reserve side this season. He is not wanted by the club and on the transfer list. His contract runs out at in June. I'll see where he ends up before I decide if I will continue to follow his progress.

Spent the season as Blackburn's 3rd choice keeper. He is currently being watched by Scottish premier league side Partick Thistle.

Played 6 times and scored once for Palermo who finished 5th in Serie A this season.

Went to Walsall in the championship played twice for them and was then put in the reserves. He is now transfer listed and his contract runs out in June. Walsall were relegated to league 1. He is another one who might not get an update if he drops too low.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

More of the same. I just want to stay away from a relegetion battle. I need to renew a few contracts for some key players so I may need to start to pay my players some decent wages. My current top earner is on £12.75k per week, thats not a premier league playes wage. My budget should be a bit higher now we have some money in the bank. fingers crossed.

British Bulldogs Summary

12-13     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        5TH           Lost in playoff semi final
15-16     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH           Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST           Promoted > Champions
17-18     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 1                  5TH           Promoted > Playoffs
20-21     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              3RD           Promoted> Playoffs
21-22     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    13th    

It was unusual, they didn't touch any of the £29m we had in the bank. They could have reduced the loan by £15/20m if they used some of that cash.

Saying that, I still think it will be affordable.

BulldogsFINAL.png

2022/23 PRE SEASON

NEWS

The board are now starting to take money out of the club, they paid out £11.2m dividends to its shareholders. I can't complain too much as they have backed me fairly well so far and spent money when needed to improve the stadium.

Our loan payments have started and will cost £416k per month for the next 15 years. This should be affordable with the T.V. money, Stadium Sponsorship and extra gate money when we move into the new stadium. The key will be staying in the premier league.

Stuart Pearce left his post as England Manager after leading them to victory in the 2022 world cup. Well done Psycho
:thup:

SQUAD

The new intake of youth players arrived.
and
both look promising prospects.

Left back
left us as he refused to sign a new contract and wanted to move to a bigger club. He went to Ipswich in the league below for £700k. I was not too worried as Georgiou had made that position his own by now anyway.

My plans had to change when Dinamo Kiev signed previously mentioned young wingback
Their £11.5m offer was just too good to turn down.

20 year old
was promoted to the first team to cover the left back spot, he came through the youth academy 5 years ago and will have to be thrown in at the deep end until we can find some more cover.

PRE SEASON

The friendly matches went well with 4 wins a draw and a loss. There were no major problems with injuries to worry about.

EXPECTATIONS

The board expect us to fight bravely against relegation and the media have us as favorites to finish bottom. I'll be trying to keep out of any relegation battles if I can.

£72m for 27,750 seats. You had better hope ticket prices are high in the new stadium or debts will cripple you.

Any idea of the term on the stadium sponsorship? Kind of cool though the board can go out and secure loans for ground development so as not to touch your transfer budget for the season. Looking forward to my Italian Legacy game now and hope i get a mega stadium when/if i get to serie A. Bring on the debt :)

Thanks for commenting guys.

£72m for 27,750 seats. You had better hope ticket prices are high in the new stadium or debts will cripple you.

Any idea of the term on the stadium sponsorship? Kind of cool though the board can go out and secure loans for ground development so as not to touch your transfer budget for the season. Looking forward to my Italian Legacy game now and hope I get a mega stadium when/if I get to serie A. Bring on the debt :)

Its a big loan but I think we can live with it. We don't spend money on transfers so don't need too much spare cash kicking around.

Our current season tickets are £734 and match day tickets are £41.90. At those prices if we manage to fill the new stadium we should be OK.

The stadium sponsorship deal is £3.03 million per year, spread over 10 years. We might lose money for 2 years while we wait to move into the new stadium but with almost £30m in the bank it gives us a good cushion

This is a fantastic thread, best of luck in your second season in the Premiership.

Christy Farrell looks like he'll be a star for you. The next Harry Hogarth, we can only hope!

Thanks Toasty, I'm enjoying playing and writing it up so I'm glad others are enjoying it too.

Farrell looks like he will turn into a real quality player, I hope we can keep him long enough for him to become a legend like Hogarth. (I still can't believe he has done so well for so many seasons.)

how are the mighty whites of Leeds doing ( for some strange reason I think they probably still in league 1 )

Here is last seasons Premier League Table, so better than you expected. I'll add a more detailed update of their progress shortly.

Hello again Rich.

Thankfully my board currently have very low expectations in the cup. For the FA Cup we are expected to make the 4th round. As we enter in the 3rd, thats just 1 win. The league cup is also 4th round by we need 2 wins as we enter the second round for this.

@ Dragonheat.

Here is the Leeds Update.

Leeds finished 3rd in League 1 in 2009/10 and suffered the agony of a play off defeat. They repeated the feat the next season but were on the winning team at wembley to gain a place in the Championship.

In 3 solid seasons, Leeds proved themselves to be a strong Championship side. Then in 2014/15 they once again finished 3rd and once again felt the agony of a playoff loss. It took 2 more years for Leeds to challenge again and in the 2016/17 season they went one better finishing runners up to Fulham to secure a long awaited return to the premier league.

The glory was short lived as Leeds finished bottom and came crashing back down. Grayson parted company with Leeds after this and soon took over at Reading. (Reading were relegated to League 1 in Graysons first season in charge, but they stuck with him and he guided them to the Championship as champions in the 2020/21 season)

Leeds appointed Steve Staunton as manager and in 2 seasons he led them back to the top flight, finishing as runners up to Millwall.

A solid season saw them finish mid table and reach the FA Cup final, but Newcastle were too strong for them. After another mid table finish the following year Leeds seem to have established themselves as a decent premier league side.

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2022/23

Media Prediction - 20th

Board expectations - Fight Bravely against relegation

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

A surprisingly good start with 2 wins and 2 draws from the first 4 games was quickly followed by a very worrying run with 7 losses from the next 9 games. We did face some good sides in that spell including Man Utd and City, Leaders Sunderland, second placed spurs, third placed Villa, Newcastle and Defending Champions Arsenal. Another worrying fact is that Creaney is the only striker who seems to be capable of scoring at the moment. Despite this big dip in form we were still doing enough to achieve our goals. We were sitting in 14th position with the first third of the season completed and we were 7 points ahead of the final relegation spot.

It took until the 16th premier league game of the season for Welch and Watts to finally score their first goals of the season. Foster has also only scored once this season. It means we are relying completely on Creaney at the moment and thats Simply not good enough from my other strikers. I don't have too many options to change it at the moment as none of my younger strikers are quite ready to play in the first team. All I can do is hope they can chip in with a few goals each until a striker of suitable quality becomes available. Teenage Premier league quality strikers don't come along very often, especially on free transfers.

During the second part of the season we continued in good form. During the next 13 games we won 4, drew 5 and lost just 4. This run of results saw big positives with wins against Everton and Big spending Millwall, draws against Man Utd, Liverpool and High Flying Sunderland. But on a negative note we were thrashed 5-1 away to Burnley just to make sure we still had our feet on the ground. Some of our other strikers were starting to help out in the goal scoring department. With a third of the season remaining we occupied 11th position in the league and were 11 points clear of the relegation zone.

In the final third of the season we proved we were now deserving of our place in the Premier League. Our form continued to be good enough to stay clear of the relegation scrap. we had 5 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses in the final 13 games. We even managed to beat Villa and destroy Chelsea 4-1. Chelsea did have a poor season though and finished in 16th position. We finished the league in 11th position and 15 points clear of relegation.

Creaney finished the season as the second highest scorer in the league with 26 league goals and he scored 30 goals this season in all competitions. He has turned into a top quality player for us.

We received Prize money of £10.3m for final position in the league this season.

Just before the squad left on holiday I was offered the Everton job. It was worth £29.5k per week but I turned it down.

• Cups

In the
F.A Cup
We met Liverpool in the third round. They had a player sent off within the first 5 minutes so I decided to go for the jugular and played a very attacking style. We took full advantage of the extra man and managed an incredible 6-0 annihilation of our high profile visitors. To make sure we didn't have an easy time in the cup we drew man Utd in the next round. After a 1-1 draw at the Kennel we went to old Trafford and took them into extra time before we eventually succumbed 3-1. United went on to win the competition this season.

In the
League Cup
we won against Walsall before Spurs beat us 3-1 in the 3rd round. Arsenal won this one as the completed the double..

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

went to Dinamo Kiev in an incredible 11.5m deal.

Newcastle signed second choice keeper
for 1.8m

left for Ipswich for £700k

6 other players left for a combined total of £330k

• Incoming

We signed 19 year old ,former Hearts keeper
and loaned him out to Exeter for the season.

Arsenal released
who was out for 5 months after breaking his leg. Once he could pass the medical we brought him in and he looks a very promising player.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Match

Creaney 8

• Highest Average Rating

Creaney 7.60 FROM 35 Apps

Squad Stats

FORMER PLAYERS

Switched back to his more familiar central midfield role. He played 26 times for Huddersfield scoring and assisting 5 times. Huddersfield finished 6th and made it to the playoffs. But Rains wont be playing in the Premier League as Sheff Utd were too strong for them.

had a good season with Zaragoza, He played 47 times for the Spaniards, scoring 3 and assisting 5. Zaragoza finished 5th in the league.

played 31 times for Inverness CT who finished 6th in the SPL this season. His contract has expired and he is currently on a month by month rolling contract. he could be on his way soon as he keeps refusing improved contracts with Inverness.

Kinsella
spent the season without a club after his Sheffield Wednesday contract expired and has decided to call it a day, he has retired at the age of 31.

was once again 3rd choice keeper at Blackburn. He didn't play a game this season. His contract expires in a month and there is interest from Championship side Middlesborough.

Didn't play for Palermo this season but he was loaned out to Brighton where he scored 1 goal in 5 games. He did however, manage to win another 4 international caps this season and scored once.

was unemployed all season. He might not have too long left in the game as he will turn 33 before the end of next season.

Played 44 times for Kiev this season. He played in the Champions league qualifying rounds and the Europa league.

only played twice for Newcastle this season. However he did become the first choice keeper for N.Ireland this season and won 5 caps.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

Remain stable in the premier league. Properly establish ourselves as a mid table team by repeating our success from this season. Our new stadium should be ready by the end of the season, I might try to lure a big club there for a high profile friendly game to open it with a bang. If I can fit one in.

I'm also planning to do some major scouting in an attempt to strengthen the depth of the squad. So if all goes well there could be 7-8 new faces.

British Bulldogs Summary

12-13     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        5TH           Lost in playoff semi final
15-16     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH           Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST           Promoted > Champions
17-18     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 1                  5TH           Promoted > Playoffs
22-23     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    11th

Thanks for looking in chalky.

His natural position is in midfield but he is an accomplished central defender, according to the positional overview. I mainly use him in midfield as unless I'm short of cover at the back. He certainly does look like a potential star player for us. I think Bennett and Farrell in midfield could make a great partnership if we can keep hold of them. I am in the position now that I don't have to sell if I'm not 100% happy with the offer. My chairman seems happy enough to let me make the decision at the moment.

Chelsea really did have a poor season. They have had 4 managers in the last 18 months.

They Sacked Owen Coyle and replaced him with American Bob Bradley who only lasted 9 months. Then Hugo Sanchez joined for 8 months before he retired. Their current manager is Russell Slade, he got Brighton promoted from League 1 then Wolves promoted to the Premier League and an FA Cup final before Chelsea appointed him.

Villa have done well in my game, qualifying for the champions league 8 times in 14 seasons and winning 2 Premier League titles.

Pre season update coming soon.

Thanks for the comments.

We have state of the art youth and training facilities. There are some decent players coming through but its taking a few seasons on loan before we find out if they are going to make it to the first team. Its about 4 years before they make it into the first team. Saying that there are 2 very good prospects in this seasons graduates.

BulldogsFINAL.png

2023/24 PRE SEASON

NEWS

Valencia tried to sign our star player Creaney. They were not prepared to increase their £6m offer so they got told where to go.

We once again payed out £11m to our share holders. I bet they like our no spending transfer policy now.

We brought former Man City defender
in as coach when he decided to hang up his boots.

We cancelled our link with Burton when they were relegated. Our New affiliates Watford and Crystal Palace both in League 1 and Both in London are a good standard to send my youngsters to improve their games.

My management skills were finally recognised as my chairman offered me a new 4 year contract worth £23k per year.

Then England Manager Gareth Southgate offered me the England U21 Job. It just seemed to fit with what this thread was all about so I accepted it.

SQUAD

The new intake of youth players arrived.
and
look to be extremely good prospects and my staff agree.

We have intensified our scouting over the summer and have narrowed it down to a list of 10 potential new signing to improve the strength of the squad. I don't expect to get them all but hope we can bring most of them in.

PRE SEASON

The friendly matches were hit and miss with 2 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses. No major injuries to worry about either.

EXPECTATIONS

The board expect us to avoid relegation this season and the media expect a 16th place finish. I'm looking for another mid table finish.

I jacked in the England U21 job before we played a game. I had some selection issues.

Firstly it seems the U19's and U20's get priority when picking squads so the options were limited to start with.

Then it was listing 20 year olds as not eligible because they were over 21. :rolleyes: I spent 30 mins trying to pick a team then decided it was not worth the effort

I jacked in the England U21 job before we played a game. I had some selection issues.

Firstly it seems the U19's and U20's get priority when picking squads so the options were limited to start with.

Then it was listing 20 year olds as not eligible because they were over 21. :rolleyes: I spent 30 mins trying to pick a team then decided it was not worth the effort

Same thing happened to me in my current game, when I tried out the Cameroon U-20's job (could be U-21's). The age problem is mainly due to the cut off date being 01/01, so you can have 20y.o.s being ineligible. The other squads getting priority could be due to them having cmpeditive matches and the U-21's having challenge ones.

How is your young Irish man Foley doing, and Ireland in general? Keep up the good work.

Thanks for reading Brian.

Foley has done a good job since making the huge step up to the premier League. He is now a regular and despite a few poor performances has not let us down.

Ireland have not had much to cheer about. David O'leary spent 10 years in charge after Trapattoni Retired in 2011. Ireland have failed to qualify for either the European Championships or the World cup in that time. They did finish runners up in the 4 assosiations Tournament twice in this time. O'Leary retired in 2021 and was replaced by former Stoke player Glen Whelan. It was Whelan's first management role so he did well to get the National job. But He did win 50 Ireland caps in his playing days.

I decided to do a search on the net for My Legendry club captain Harry Hogarth and found a picture of him.

This is him in real life age 19/20

harrys.jpg

This is the picture I created to represent him in my game when he was 28/29 years old.

harryhogarth.png

I just thought the likeness was uncanny, considering the facegen one was just a creation from my imagination as I had no idea what the real man looked like at the time. The only hint I had was the Blond hair on the 3d pitch.

Wow, that was almost female intuition :thup::D

LOL, Thanks.

WH have you got a link to the thread for facegen? I need to make one for me in my save :)

EnEguE answered that one and the hair pack I used is Here

It's at www.facegen.com

I made some for my game too. When is the next update WH, can't wait already. :)

I'm up to jan 10th at the moment so it will be a little while yet. I'm on a good shift this week so I should get some time to play. 12 hour shifts coming soon, including weekends. That might slow it down a bit.

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2023/24

Media Prediction - 16th

Board expectations - Stay clear of relegation

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

After a 4-0 opening day thrashing by Birmingham we improved to pick up 5 wins and 3 draws from our first 12 games. There were some worrying signs as we conceded 25 goals in this period and were looking very shaky at the back. Thankfully we were not goal shy at the other end in the opening part of the season, scoring 25 goals ourselves. We were in a very impressive 8th position at this point of the season.

won his first International cap for Ireland and
won his first cap for Eritrea. These are only the 2nd and 3rd players to win full International caps while at the Bulldogs. Unfortunately Farrell tore his knee ligaments in the next training session and missed the next 2 months.

I brought in
as coach. He had previously been a youth coach at Arsenal.

I realised My reputation in the football world had reached an all time high when I was offered the Man Utd Job. It was worth £52k per week but I turned them down to stick with the Bulldogs.

Despite improving defensively and only conceding 17 in 13 games our form didn't improve to match. Lost 6 of the next 13 games and only won 4. We went 5 games without a win, losing 4 on the trot. The fact that we only managed to score 14 goals in this period showed where things were going wrong as we struggled to break teams down. We had dropped to 12th with two thirds of the season completed.

In January Newcastle made a bid for Creaney. In an attempt to put shearer off, I negotiated a very lucrative deal. But to my surprise shearer agreed to meet my demands instantly with a fresh bid. It was a wrench to let my
leave but I decided it was an offer we couldn't refuse. The deal was worth £19m cash. £7m upfront and 12 million over 30 months. Plus £1m after 10 league games and £5m after 30 league goals. Also 20% of the next transfer fee. Thats potentially £25m plus 20% of future fees in total.

In the next game After selling Creaney our second best striker Welch broke his foot and will be out for up to 4 months, thats the rest of the season. It looks like 16 year old academy recruit Sealey will be given a spot in the first team squad for the rest of the season. We have been hit by injuries lately Farrell, Foley, Walsh, Piper and Shields are all several weeks away from Full fitness with various breaks, tears and pulls.

As the injuries began to deplete our squad our season frizzled out. In March we lost Watts with strained knee ligaments which means will be ending the season with only 1 of our original 4 first team striker available. Stephen Johnson will be pushed forward from midfield to help out the young reserves who are filling in.

Bennett was added to the injury list which currently stands at 9 first team squad members missing from action. Our makeshift strike force did their best but our squad only managed 11 goals from the final 13 games of the season. We did improve in defence once again and only conceded 15 goals during the season run in. We only managed 3 wins 5 draws and 5 losses from these games. This saw us finish the season in 13th place.

Man City won the Champions League to stop Lyon making it 4 in succession.

• Cups

In the
F.A Cup
. We beat Notts County in the third round Before their fellow championship side Leeds knocked us out in the 5th round. Man Utd retained the FA Cup.

In the
League Cup
We comfortably beat Accrington before Notts County knocked us out in the 3rd round. Man City won the competition this season. Thats the 3rd time in 5 years for city.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

16 players were sold this season. Only
and
moving for Notable transfer fees.

• Incoming

A busy summer of scouting resulted in no fewer than 8 promising teenagers arriving. They come to us after being released from big Premier League clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Sunderland. They are
and
. I'm Positive that several of them will have what it takes to make the first team very soon.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Match

• Highest Average Rating

7.37 from 37 apps.

Squad Stats

FORMER PLAYERS

played 38 times in Huddersfield's disappointing season. They finished 14th in the Championship.

Scored 6 goals and assisted 9 times from 43 appearances for Zaragoza as they finished 2nd in the Spanish top division. They missed out on the championship through goal difference.

Helped Falkirk to a mid table finish in the SPL. despite having a year left on his contract he has decided to retire when the season finishes.

Played 14 times for Norwich and was a play off loser after their 4th place finish in league 1 this season. He is currently subject to a bid from Inverness CT in the SPL.

Was once again rarely used by Palermo this season and is now not needed by the club. Despite being on the transfer list he is not attracting any interest.

Failed to find a club this season and now plans to retire at the end of the season.

Secured a move to PSV in a £14m deal and helped them to a 4th place finish in the Dutch top flight. He played 33 times and scored 5 goals and 4 assists.

After only 1 first team start for Newcastle,Taylor was sold to Fulham for £400k but was an unused sub all season.

Made 8 appearances for Newcastle, Mainly as sub but has not scored yet. Newcastle finished 4th. So Creaney ane could be playing in the Champions league next season.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

I need to make some changes to my transfer policy to allow us to push on in the premier league. Once I decide how I'm going to do it I'll update.

British Bulldogs Summary

22-23     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    11th
23-24     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    13th

Archived