• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"YOU'LL NEVER WIN ANYTHING WITH KIDS."

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2026/27

Media Prediction - 7th

Board expectations - Europa league qualification.

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

We were off to a solid start in the league this season. 8 wins and 4 losses from the first 12 games was just the sort of form we require if we are to meet the boards higher expectations and qualify for Europe this season. I know we have managed it the previous 2 seasons but there is more pressure this year as the board are expecting nothing less this time. We were in 5th place with a third of the season gone. Sunderland and Aston Villa were the 2 runaway leaders at this point. Man City and Arsenal were just below us but both had games in hand.

As we progressed through the mid season we became harder to beat, but as a result we also lost some of our ability to finish teams off. We were held to 6 draws during this time but we did pick up 6 wins. Our only loss was to Man City and with a 3-0 win they showed we still had some way to go.

We also had a few injury issues especially in the midfield. Farrell and Bennett were both struggling with knee injuries and McClair had a hip injury he just couldn't seem to shake off. This meant we had to bring
and
into the first team squad sooner than first planned. They did a good job though and didn't let us down.

With just 13 games to go we were in 4th place and looking strong. I still hadn't caught Sunderland or Villa but was closing the gap. City and Arsenal were still just behind and still had the games in hand and the potential to leap frog us.

Central Defender
proved he is the man to fill Legendary defender Hogarth's boots when he beat the club record for Man of the match awards, previously held by Hogarth. Then to Add to an already impressive season for the young defender he managed to break into Gareth Southgates

Over the next 12 games Sunderland and Villa faded. we won 8, drew 3 and lost just 1 as we continued our charge. City and Arsenal played their games in hand and with one game remaining the top of the table looked like

We were in with a real chance of winning the league. It went down to our final game of the season against Chelsea and we had to win it.

After a nervous start we gained control of the game. Our young striking sensation Sealy gave us the lead in the first half. Chelsea came back at us in the second half and we had to weather the storm. Sealy pounced from a half chance and scored on the counter attack to put the game beyond doubt. We had done it, a final day of the season win. But City and Arsenal had also won and there was no change in league positions. We were the premier league runners up and now have another crack at the champions league.

We had 2 Huge financial boosts at the end of the season, £19m for our finishing position and £18m for champions League TV money. This meant we ended the season with £120m in the bank

• Cups

In the
FA Cup
wins against Everton, Huddlesfield, Bristol City, Sheff Utd and Notts County saw us reach the F.A. Cup final for the second time. This time we were up against Arsenal. Their Manager
had won 6 premier league titles, 7 league cups and 4 F.A. Cups in his career, he wanted to make it 5 as he was retiring the next day. We battled through a closely contested 90 minutes at wembley but neither team could find a break through. The game went into extra time and we scored almost immediately through Irish midfielder Farrell. Arsenal came at us and we had to withstand huge pressure for the rest of extra time.
But we held on to win our second F.A. Cup

In the
League Cup
we beat Leeds 6-2 and Crystal Palace 8-0 before Notts county put us out in the Quarter Finals. County went on to Beat Arsenal in the Final to add to David Moyes Disappointment this season.

We qualified for the
Champions league
group stage after beating Porto in the qualifying rounds. Unfortunately our
included Lyon who have been in the final for the last 6 seasons and strong German side Stuttgart. Despite a good effort we were not good enough to qualify from the group and dropped out of the competition after
Lyon made it into their 7th consecutive Champions League final but were beaten by Juventus.

We were then placed in the
Europa league
where we beat Zaragoza before Espanyol beat us in the second knockout stage after 2 uninspiring performances. Genoa went on to win this one, beating Man Utd in the final.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

left this season for a total fee of £9.75m. The only player with notable first team experience was striker
He left for 2.1m and joined Sheffield Utd. I decided to sell him as he only managed to score a grand total of 28 goals in 5 seasons of first team action. Thats just not good enough to warrant a place in the team.

• Incoming

Two players were signed on free transfers this year. 18 year old striker
was surplus to requirements at arsenal and 20 year old
was no longer needed by Man City.

We also spent 400k on Man City's 18 year old reserve keeper
as we only had 2 goalkeepers at the club. Finally we added 18 year old Irish defender
to the squad. He was a £50k bargain from Sligo Rovers.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Match

• Highest Average Rating

McGowan 7.73 from 47 apps.

Squad Stats

FORMER PLAYERS

I forgot to take the screen shots of players for this section before the season updated..Doh!

Rains
Only played 12 games for Derby this season. Although they will be delighted with their 8th place finish in the Premier League, Raines must have been disappointed with the lack of action.

Faivre
was on the losing side in 2 cup finals this year with arsenal. He will have been pleased with his personal performance over 33 games this season however. He scored 5 goals and 7 assists this term.

Mansaray
Made a £40k switch to Barnsley this season and scored 5 goals from 13 games. Barnsley finished 15th in league 1 this season. I will not report on him next season unless something different happens. Unfortunately this once promising youngsters career seems to be going nowhere and now aged 26 he looks set to remain an average lower league striker.

Georgiou
and Sevilla had an average season. The club finished 7th in the league and the player was no more than average in his 47 games.

Creaney
had a good season for Newcastle who picked up 7th place this season. he scored 21 goals and 8 assists from 45 appearances. He needs to score 1 more league goal to reach 30 and activate the £5m clause in his contract. I'm sure we will be seeing that money sooner than later. Despite scoring 111 league goals from 231 games he has not managed to attract the interest of the Scottish national side. He also has 15 youth international goals from 13 games.

Micah Richards
Our former coach is finding his feet as a manager. After sitting in the relegation places for a long time this season he managed to improve his teams fortunes and comfortably avoid relegation, finishing 17th in the championship.

Harry Hogarth
is still unemployed and still refusing to accept a coaching job with us. I guess he has his heart set on being a manager.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

Would be great to progress a bit further in Europe. Hope for another top 4 finish in the league to qualify for the Champions League again. Wouldn't mind another cup win either.

British Bulldogs Summary

Season    Team                   League                   Position            Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-10     BULLDOGS      Isthmian Premier Division           3RD           Promoted > playoffs
10-11     BULLDOGS      Blue Square South                   1ST           Promoted > Champions
11-12     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        9TH                
12-13     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        5TH           Lost in playoff semi final
13-14     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        1ST           Promoted > Champions
14-15     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  9TH
15-16     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH           Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST           Promoted > Champions
17-18     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 1                  5TH           Promoted > Playoffs
18-19     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              17TH         
19-20     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              8TH
20-21     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              3RD           Promoted> Playoffs
21-22     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    13TH    
22-23     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    11TH
23-24     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    13TH
24-25     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    7TH           FA Cup winners> Qualified for Euro Cup.
25-26     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    4TH           Qualified for Champions League
26-27     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    2ND           FA Cup Winners> Qualified for champions league

What a nail biting end to the season! Really unlucky there WH but still, you've gotta be pleased with the progress you've made...and the 2nd FA Cup win.

Let's hope you win the title next year.

Thanks for all the comments :thup:

@Mattyboy89. I watch the "key Highlights" but have Match stats and player ratings widgets up so I can keep an eye on the finer details. I also have the opposition formation widget on so I can react quickly if they change formation. Some times I get a good stint in during a weekend and can get through it quickly. But recently have been working 12 hour shifts and not had many days off so that has slowed progress down a lot. Thanks for looking in.

BulldogsFINAL.png

2027/28PRE SEASON

NEWS

The shareholders received a payout of 15.25m this season.

Plans were announced for another big stadium development. The board have decided to spend £18.5m to add an extra 13874seats to the Bulldogs stadium bringing the capacity up to 55496. It will be up there with the best stadia in the country when completed. But still shy of old traffords 70k capacity. Thankfully we are wealthy enough to complete the work without adding to our loan. We start the new season with £80m in the bank and have the TV money to look forward to.

After David Moyes retired, Arsenal decided to promote from within instead of appointing a famous or established manager. Youth Coach
was their choice which was strange as they also had Glen Whelan as a Youth coach. Thats the same Glen Whelan who won the world cup as Ireland manager.

I will be advertising for another scout as We are finding it difficult to find players that can improve the squad within the boundaries of our transfer policy.

SQUAD

The new intake of youth players arrived
stood out as the best of the bunch.

PRE SEASON

Pre season couldn't have gone any better. We won all 6 friendlies and there were no major injuries to worry about.

EXPECTATIONS

The board again expect us to qualify for the Europa league this season so thats a top 7 finish. The media are predicting 4th and another champions league qualification.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, This game is still alive. But real life has taken over and I can't find the time to play it at the moment.

It will continue, I'm just not sure when. Sorry if anyone was following.

I'm toying with the idea of missing FM2011 and carrying on with this version while I wait for FM2012 so any luck it could go a long way.

Some of the best prospects have been thrown straight in at the deep end in their first season for a few games. If they did well then they are in the squad for the second season.

With some players it's not obvious straight away if they are going to be good enough. I give these ones about 4 seasons of reserve football or time on loan at the highest level I can. I will decide by the time they are 20-21 if they are good enough. If they have not made it by 22 its time for them to leave.

I think it's as weird as it sounds, but threads like this sometimes make unemployment seem a desirable thing :)

I just don't get enough playing time to start challenges like this one.

(no offense intended at all to the obviously busy OP or anyone else!)

Thanks for the comments everyone :thup:

Have to say I dont mind the changes to the forum apart from the incredibly narrow area for posting and the horrible grey margins. It also ruins the pictures and tables in this forum. lets hope they sort that out soon.

I might get an hour to play tomorrow. yay!

I'm sure WH won't mind me replying on his behalf.

He downloaded the free version of faceGen from here. Then you need a paint program to edit them with.

You can either randomly generate a face, Make your own from scratch by tweeking various sliders or use a photo as a base in the photo fit section, then edit it to until you have what you need.

If you unpack the fm10 graphics folder with the resource archiver tool there are lots of player pics you can use as a base. Or any facepacks you may have already downloaded. (they just need to be JPG instead of PNG for the facegen program.)

He downloaded a hair pack from Here, The guy has done a good job with them but they may need some resizing to fit with the facegen image.

By the way, still enjoying the read WH :thup:

Thanks again for all the comments, I'm pleased others are enjoying reading :thup:

Sorry about the ongoing delays, I'm currently working 12 hour shifts with a 1 hour commute each way. By the time I have a shower and eat, its bed time again. My wife is going mad as she hardly sees me at the moment. I think it should all settle down soon if things work out as planned.

Thanks for that Raware, I couldn't have explained it better if I had typed it myself ;)

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2027/28

Media Prediction - 4th

Board expectations - Europa league qualification.

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

We started the season in the best possible way by defeating the defending champions Man City in the community shield. The task now was to back this up with some of the more important trophies.

I added former Liverpool legend
to our coaching team. He had been at struggling Championship side Hull so we had to pay a £60k compensation fee to get him.

Early season form was hit and miss, Maybe we were a bit overconfident after last seasons 2nd place finish. Or was it because my scouts had a fairly fruitless search for players over the summer and we had failed to add any real quality to the squad? We won 6, Drew 3 and Lost 3 in this period so it was not a disaster. We were in 6th in the league and our Title rivals Man City and Arsenal were both off to flying starts. I knew we couldn't afford too many slip ups if we were going to keep in the Race.

Our form picked up as we approached mid season. Over the next 13 games we picked up 8 wins and 3 draws. We had only climbed one place to 5th but had clawed some points back against the teams around us. Only 6 points separated the top 6. Man Utd had started well and looked on their way to becoming a top club again. Notts county and Derby were also up there in the top 6 that had started to pull away from the rest of the chasing pack.

Our stadium upgrade was completed and our average attendance soon started climbing. On several occasions we attracted near capacity crowds in the region of 55,000.

Former Bulldogs striker Michael Creaney scored his 30th league goal for Newcastle and activated the clause for a
into the Bulldogs bank account.

I finally managed to persuade Club legend
to join as a coach. After almost 2 seasons out of work he must have realised a coaching job could lead to the manager role he had his heart set on. Or he decided it was the only way he was going to pay the bills.

The usual suspects ,Man city and Arsenal were trading blows at the top and our chances of overhauling them seemed to be getting slimmer as injuries were now starting to bite. 8 players were now in the treatment room with recovery times ranging from 3 months to 6 days.

We refused to let the injuries disrupt our flow as we put an incredible 16 game unbeaten run together in the league. We managed to win 10, draw 1 and only lose 1 from the next 12 games of our season run it. Notts County, Derby, Man Utd and Arsenal had all fallen by the wayside and the league was now a 2 horse race.

The premier league came down to the final day of the season, the Bulldogs were top with Man City just behind by 1 point. Amazingly Our final game of the season was a championship decider against Man City at the Bulldogs Stadium. The game was very even and came down to 2 good chances each. City hit the woodwork with both of their chances and the Bulldogs scored both, which meant we were crowned
Premier Division Champions

The prize money for winning the league was £20.6m.

• Cups

In the
FA Cup
My hopes of retaining the trophy were dashed. We got through to the third round OK but in our next game we were very poor and lost 3-1 to league 1 side Watford in the 4th round. Despite Liverpool only narrowly avoiding relegation they managed to win the competition. It is their first top flight trophy for 10 years.

In the
League Cup
We beat Huddersfield, Hull, West Ham and Ipswich on route to the league cup final. Notts County were our opponents but they had no answer for our firepower up front and succumbed to a 3-0 loss.
We won the League Cup
for the first time in our history.

After our second place finish last season we went straight into the
Champions league
group stage .
was a very difficult looking group and despite a surprise win over Barcelona it was no surprise that we didn't qualify. Unfortunately our group games fell at the same time as our patchy early season form and the final table looked like
. Juventus retained the cup for the 3rd time in a row by beating Arsenal in the Final.

As a result of our early champions league exit we were placed in the first knock out round of the
Europa League.
We made good progress despite difficult opposition in the form of Hoffenheim, Aston Villa, Rangers and Roma. Positive results over 2 legs in each of these games put us in the final against French side Lille. A surprisingly one sided final finished 3-0 to the Bulldogs and we won our first European honour as
Europa League winners.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

A total of ten players left for a combined fee of £12.75m. The 3 most notable were as follows.

was sold to Shakthar for £2.7m after requesting to leave due to lack of first team opportunities. It was a shame to see him leave but I couldn't guarantee him a starting place. he scored over 130 league goals for the Bulldogs in a 12 year spell in the first team.

was another player unhappy to be second choice and was sold to Sporting for £2.8m. He made 214 apps for the Bulldogs in a 10 year period.

was deemed surplus to requirements as several younger defenders were rated higher by my staff. He went to Ipswich for £2.6m. He had been with the Bulldogs for 10 years.

• Incoming

My scouts had a lot of trouble finding players with the potential to make an impact for the team. Of the 4 players brought in only 1 was good enough to go into the first team squad.

cost £500k from Besiktas and was an ideal mid season replacement for the disgruntled Xavier. At 19 he had already played 79 times for his club and was a full international for Turkey with 4 caps. He went straight into the first team squad.

is a 17 year old striker and was recommended as a player with good potential. He cost £240k from Derby and with some luck he might make the first team in a few years time.

a £100k signing from Glentoran is 17 years old and my scouts think he could be a good premier division defender in the future. Time will tell if they were correct.

cost just £20k from Falkirk. My scouts think the 15 year old keeper could one day be as good as my current first choice keeper.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Match

• Highest Average Rating

McGowan 7.67 from 53 apps.

Squad Stats

FORMER PLAYERS

At the age of 32 is playing less often than in previous seasons. Played 17 times for Derby who had an impressive season finishing 4th in the league to pick up a Champions league spot and reaching the F.A Cup final where they lost out to Liverpool.

was sold to Derby for £2.7m just 2 years after his £23m move to Arsenal. Arsenals new manager obviously decided he was surplus to requirements. This didn't seem to faze Faivre as he scored 3 goals and 11 assists form 40 apps in Derby's impressive season.

played 44 times this season and was pretty average for Sevilla who finished 6th in the league.

spent almost 4 months out as 2 fairly serious knee injuries disrupted his season. He did manage 28 games for Newcastle scoring 9 goals this season and activating a contract clause that awarded us £5m after his 30th league goal for Newcastle.

Helped Ipswich gain promotion to the premier league with a second place finish. He played 39 times this season.

Impressed at his new club Shakthar scoring 15 goals from 19 games in the league.

played 26 times for Sporting and could have a long career ahead of himself. Their other top keeper is still playing aged 40.

improved his West Brom sides performance again. This time they finished a respectable 9th only 2 points outside the playoff places. He might just be finding his feet as a manager. He has also managed these improvements having made a £2.5m profit with his dealings in the transfer market.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

After winning the Community shield and going on to complete a Treble this season. It would be nice to defend some of these titles.

British Bulldogs Summary

Season    Team              League                   Position            Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-10    BULLDOGS     Isthmian Premier Division        3RD          Promoted > playoffs
10-11    BULLDOGS     Blue Square South                1ST          Promoted > Champions
11-12    BULLDOGS     Blue Square Premier Division     9TH                
12-13    BULLDOGS     Blue Square Premier Division     5TH          Lost in playoff semi final
13-14    BULLDOGS     Blue Square Premier Division     1ST          Promoted > Champions
14-15    BULLDOGS     Coca-Cola League 2               9TH
15-16    BULLDOGS     Coca-Cola League 2               6TH          Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17    BULLDOGS     Coca-Cola League 2               1ST          Promoted > Champions
17-18    BULLDOGS     Coca-Cola League 1               5TH          Promoted > Playoffs
18-19    BULLDOGS     Coca-Cola Championship           17TH         
19-20    BULLDOGS     Coca-Cola Championship           8TH
20-21    BULLDOGS     Coca-Cola Championship           3RD          Promoted> Playoffs
21-22    BULLDOGS     Premier Division                 13TH    
22-23    BULLDOGS     Premier Division                 11TH
23-24    BULLDOGS     Premier Division                 13TH
24-25    BULLDOGS     Premier Division                 7TH          FA Cup winners> Qualified for Euro Cup.
25-26    BULLDOGS     Premier Division                 4TH          Qualified for Champions League
26-27    BULLDOGS     Premier Division                 2ND          FA Cup Winners> Qualified for champions league
27-28    BULLDOGS     Premier Division                 1ST          CS / EPL /LC / EL  winners (Treble)

Well done WH, to become champions of England from the lower echelons in 19 seasons is some achievement! Great to see you finally winning it after narrowly missing out last year. Congrats on the League Cup and Europa League trophies too :thup:

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm glad your still looking in.

It really was a great season and it couldn't have been decided in a better way. Man City and Arsenal are spending £20- 40m per season so we are doing really well to compete with them. Looking forward to see if it was a one-off or if we can cement our place at the top.

Also hope more of our academy players can make it through to the first team. At the start of the coming season, only 5 of my 23 man first team squad have came from our own academy. 8 others were free transfers that were unwanted by their club. The remaining 10 were brought for a combined total of just over £5.8m

I forgot to mention that Man City Manager Mark Hughes retired at the end of the season.

Hughes spent the 19 seasons of game time at Man City and was in charge for 1089 games. He had a win ratio of 58% which is incredible, but was helped out by the £945 million he spent in the transfer market.

Hughes won a great haul of trophies in this time including:

3 Premier League Trophies

3 F.a. Cups

5 League Cups

1 Champions League Trophy

1 European Super Cup

1 World Club Championship Trophy.

BulldogsFINAL.png

2028/29 PRE SEASON

NEWS

With all the prize money we won last season our bank balance increased to

The shareholders received a payout of 23.5m this season.

We sold just short of 23000 season tickets for this season.

With last seasons success I entered the
for most successful English managers

SQUAD

The new intake of youth players arrived but I agree with my staffs opinion that none of them stand out.

I am fighting of interest for nearly all of my players this summer. The big clubs seem to think they are going to get them on the cheap. But thats not going to happen unless they are surplus to requirements. Thankfully None of them seem to be unsettled yet.

PRE SEASON

Pre season went well with 6 wins and only 1 goal conceded. We did have some injury problems with 9 players needing treatment before the season started.

EXPECTATIONS

The board expect us to qualify for the champions league by finishing in the top 4 . The media are predicting a 3rd place finish .

Thanks johnels001, Glad you enjoyed reading through. I hope you managed to read it at work as it took a week of your time. :thup:

In the game I have celebrated my 50th birthday (the team didn't even throw me a party) so I decided to update my manager picture to reflect the aging effects of such a stressful job.

Before.

manager2.png

After.

manager2old.png

That tracksuit is lasting well isn't it? They don't make them like they used to back in 2010. ;)

I'm currently 12 games into the new season. ( about a third of the way through the league matches)

I have a dilemma.

When I set this up, I used an edited database to add the English regional premier leagues to my game and now I seem to have a glitch. My team has been entered in the Isthmian league cup against all those lower league teams. I then checked it out and Premier league teams have been in the competition from the start.

I now need to decide if I just put my youth team in for this game, holiday past it and pretend it never happened or call it a day with this save at the end of the season (the 20th year) and start a new career.

Opinions would be appreciated.

I have a dilemma.

When I set this up, I used an edited database to add the English regional premier leagues to my game and now I seem to have a glitch. My team has been entered in the Isthmian league cup against all those lower league teams. I then checked it out and Premier league teams have been in the competition from the start.

I now need to decide if I just put my youth team in for this game, holiday past it and pretend it never happened or call it a day with this save at the end of the season (the 20th year) and start a new career.

Opinions would be appreciated.

It would be a shame to end this career after all the time and effort you have put into it, I would just use the youth team for those matches if I were you

I would be very sad not to have your thread as one of my regularly visited places on here anymore. :(

So all EPL teams are in that cup or just a random few or just the Champions?

Anyway, I think I would use it as an opportunity for the U19 to get some practice in official matches and not stop playing a save of 20 years just due to a glitch of that sort. I'm sure they should do well against that opposition, though I guess your board won't judge you on that cup performance anyway, will they?

KUTGW :thup:

It looks like 7 random premier teams are in the first round. Arsenal are the current holders.

I think for now I will use the u18 squad and holiday past those games pretending they never happened. I hope it won't get worse and start putting me in other regional cups as that might be the point where I have to call it a day.

Thanks for the replys and continuing to read :thup:

It looks like 7 random premier teams are in the first round. Arsenal are the current holders.

I think for now I will use the u18 squad and holiday past those games pretending they never happened. I hope it won't get worse and start putting me in other regional cups as that might be the point where I have to call it a day.

Thanks for the replys and continuing to read :thup:

If I recall correctly you've used Superbladesman's edited DB. There is a problem with the Ismathian cup if you don't run all leagues and PL clubs get entered into it. Personally I'd do the u-18 thing and not worry about it myself. It's just a minor glitch, which will not mess up your game (i.e. no Europe qualification, pennies reward).

Thanks for the replys. I am carying on and ignoring the problem for now.

Just read all of this over the course of a week. Great career thread and I look forward to further updates.

How are my beloved Spurs doing? Any big developments in recent seasons?

KUTGW! :D

I seem to have missed this request, sorry about that. Here is the info on Spurs.

Harry redknapp took spurs to a 6th place finish in the league and an FA cup final in the first season. He improved on this the next year finishing 5th and adding 2 cups to the trophy cabinet at white heart lane. These were the League cup and the Europa league trophy. Redknapp then quickly added the European super cup to that list in the 2011/12 season and repeating the 5th place finish in the league. That was all from Redknapp as he announced his retirement at the end of the season.

The new manager was Spurs hero Jurgen Klinsmann. His side managed to match redknapps league performances finishing 5th then 6th in the next 2 seasons, Unfortunately he couldn't match the Europa league success as spurs finished runners up to Palermo in 2014. League finishes of 7th , 6th and 5th over the next 3 seasons saw spurs holding their ground in the league but unable to make the improvement to reach the Champions league places. But Klinsmann's side did add the 2017 FA cup to their list of honors . A poor showing in the 2017/18 season saw spurs finish 10th in the league and soon after Chairman Daniel Levi decided to leave allowing Grant Hodges to move up from the board to the chairman position. Klinsman soon had spurs back on track and his side finished 4th to qualify for the champions league the very next season. 2 average seasons followed with 8th and 5th placed finishes in the league before klinsmann's side struggled to a lowly 15th place finish in the 2021/22 season and he was promptly sacked.

Ronald koeman was the next big name manager to take over in 2022 and instantly performances improved with a 7th place finish. This didn't last long and spurs were once again struggling, this time to a 14th place finish and as a result Koeman's reign was over after 2 seasons.

Tottenham decided to go for an English manager again this time and brought in Former Bolton and Atalanta manager Paul Ince. Ince was also in charge of the England U20 side. The new manager effect once again helped spurs as they finished 6th and 9th in the next 2 seasons. In the 2026/27 season things once again turned sour. Ince's side were struggling and the manager was sacked early in the season,

Spurs then looked to U.S.A manager John Bell (Regen) to save their season. Bell had taken the U.S.A. to the Olympic title and the Gold Cup. Bell only lasted 9 months before he was sacked and worse still Spurs were now doomed to relegation from the premier league.

Spurs called upon the skills of veteran manager Ian Holloway for their 2027/28 Coca Cola championship Campaign. Despite having to rebuild the squad after shipping out £110m worth of players Holloway was able to build a side worthy of winning the league at the first attempt. After the championship was secured Holloway decided to call an end to his career on a high and retired.

After 16 years in charge of Birmingham, the final one resulting in their relegation from the Premier league and ultimately in his sacking. 63 year old Paul Jewell was the man given the task of keeping spurs in the top flight and they currently sit 12th in the league.

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2028/29

Media Prediction - 3rd

Board expectations - Champions league qualification.

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

The Community Shield match against Liverpool was the ideal way to kick off the new campaign. We were well on top throughout the game and ended up comfortable 3-0 winners.

Some very positive play during the early part of the resulted in 9 wins from the first 12 games. This form was just the kind of start we needed and we were 2nd position in the table, sandwiched between the 2 Manchester clubs. United were top as they continued to show improved form and the threat of a possible revival.

There was a flurry of activity as teams came in for some of my staff. Youth coach
left for Chelsea and was replaced by
from Celtic. Bolton were in need of a new manager and when
informed me of his ambition to become their new manager I wished him luck and allowed him to go.

We then added hugely experienced Goalkeeper
to our staff as a goalkeeping coach. The Russian had played an incredible 787 league games in his career and all at the top level. He also had 150 international caps to his name. My young keepers should be able to learn a lot from him.

Arsenal decided their plan to promote from within was not working as they sacked Jake Inglis after a miss firing start to the season. Newcastle legend Alan Shearer was the man they brought in. Shearer who spent 19 years in charge of the Magpies had been sacked by Newcastle a week before.

A slight loss of form in the mid season didn't dent our chances as much as it could have. We were still picking up good points even if we were not firing on all cylinders. 6 wins, 5 draws and just 2 losses was good enough form to see off the challenge of most other teams. Man Utd had fallen away and realistically it was now between us and leaders Man City. The others could still catch us but it would take a major collapse from us for them to do so.

An end of season injury crisis looked set to ruin all the good work we had done so far. 10 first team players were in the treatment room, 5 of those were fairly long term injuries ranging from 4 weeks to 3 months.

To my surprise Our season run in was almost perfect. We won 9 drew 3 and lost just 1 in the final third of the season. Aston Villa had an incredible 13 game unbeaten run in the same period and Climbed up the table with this late charge. Man City on the other hand completely crumbled losing 5 and only winning 4 of their games in the season run in. This season there was no last minute drama and we secured our second premier league title with 3 games to spare. Villa beat Man City to the runners up spot. The prize money for winning the league was £20.6m.

Man City manager Macdonald decided to retire as the season finished and I was quickly offered £110k per week (Double my current wage) to take over. I declined the opportunity.

Our defence was a major factor in our success. We only conceded 17 league goals in 38 games. Our keepers keeping 24 clean sheets between them in the league.

• Cups

In the
FA Cup
we fell at the first hurdle with a third round loss away to Villa. My board were not pleased with our performance in this competition. Championship sides Colchester and Coventry both pulled off shock wins in the semi finals, beating Manchester Utd and Arsenal. Colchester were the eventual winners.

In the
League Cup
We beat Burnley, Villa, Nottingham Forrest and Arsenal to reach the league cup final. A good display saw us win 2-1 against Man Utd in the final and
We won the League Cup
for the second year in a row.

After winning the Premier League last season we went straight into the
Champions league
group stage.
was a very difficult looking group which included defending champions Juventus. We didn't let it faze us this season and comfortably won the group without losing a game. That was as far as we went because A.C.Milan were too strong for us in the first knockout stage, beating us 3-1 over 2 legs. Milan went on to win the competition and end Juventus recent strangle hold.

Early in the season we managed to beat Champions league winners Juventus 1-0 to become this seasons
European Super cup winners.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

A total of
left for a combined fee of £4.7m. The 3 most notable of these was
who spent 16 years in the Bulldogs first team.

• Incoming

We brought 4 players in this season. None are ready for the first team but my scouts tell me they all have a chance of making it in the future

and
had both been released from arsenals youth team so we signed them both on free transfers. Both are 18 years old. Matt is a midfielder and Rob is a tall player who can play upfront or in central defence.

is a 16 year old striker and was recommended as a player with huge potential. He cost £1m from Falkirk. I hope he is good enough to play in the first team in a couple of years time.

is a 16 year old wing back. He cost £900k from Ross County and is almost as good as my current wing backs. He could make the first team very soon.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Match

• Highest Average Rating

McGowan 7.68 from 43 apps.

Squad Stats

FORMER PLAYERS

Was placed on the transfer list as he is no longer wanted by Derby. He went to Reading on loan for the season and played 40 times for the championship club. He helped them to a 6th place finish but they lost out in the Play offs. His contract is up in a few weeks time and at the age of 33 if anyone takes him on it will no doubt be his last contract.

Had a good season for an impressive looking Derby side. He played 38 times for the Rams and scored 2 goals and 11 assists. Derby finished 5th in the Premier League this season just missing out on a Champions league spot.

Played 35 times for Sevilla and had a relatively good season. Sevilla finished 5th in the Spanish top division.

Put last years injury hit season behind him and played 38 times, scoring 15 goals for Newcastle.

played 37 times for Ipswich and helped them remain in the Premier League after their recent promotion.

Had another incredible season for Shakthar, scoring 30 goals in 37 games.

played 55 times for Sporting where he kept 26 clean sheets. His Sporting side were Europa League Runners Up this season.

West Brom side dropped back down to 13th position this year. He is described as an under pressure manager and is disappointed with how things are going.

Bolton side finished 12th in his first season in charge. He is much more satisfied with how things are going.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

We once again won 4 trophies. A treble with the League, League cup and Euro super cup. Also the community shield but I class that as a glorified friendly. Would be nice to keep adding this sort of silverware to our trophy cabinet.

British Bulldogs Summary

Season    Team                   League                   Position            Achievements

09-10     BULLDOGS      Isthmian Premier Division           3RD           Promoted > playoffs
10-11     BULLDOGS      Blue Square South                   1ST           Promoted > Champions
11-12     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        9TH                
12-13     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        5TH           Lost in playoff semi final
13-14     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        1ST           Promoted > Champions
14-15     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  9TH
15-16     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH           Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST           Promoted > Champions
17-18     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 1                  5TH           Promoted > Playoffs
18-19     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              17TH         
19-20     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              8TH
20-21     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola Championship              3RD           Promoted> Playoffs
21-22     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    13TH    
22-23     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    11TH
23-24     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    13TH
24-25     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    7TH          FA Cup winners> Qualified for Euro Cup.
25-26     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    4TH           Qualified for Champions League
26-27     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    2ND         FA Cup Winners> Qualified for champions league
27-28     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    1ST          CS / EPL /LC / EL  winners (Treble)
28-29     BULLDOGS      Premier Division                    1ST          CS / EPL /LC / ESC winners (Treble)

Well done on retaining the title WH (and claiming another treble) :thup:. Retaining the title is probably one of the hardest challenges but you've made it look easy! :D Just the Champions League to win now then?!

Well done on retaining the title WH (and claiming another treble) :thup:. Retaining the title is probably one of the hardest challenges but you've made it look easy! :D Just the Champions League to win now then?!

Thanks Raware, Thats the one i'm after now. I've not really got close so far.

This is almost starting to become boring ;)

KUTGW :thup:

Lol, Cheers Jayahr. I really hope the my rivals come back strong or it really will start to get boring. I want to be battling for every trophy and until now we have been.

Archived