[FM10] "You'll never win anything with kids"

WH

Still following this WH and am enjoying reading your progress. Heartbreak in last seasons play-offs...I know the feeling :(. Convert some of last years draws into wins and you'll be on your way to League One. Shame the chairman accepted the bid for Rains but as you said, probably a good deal to get twice his value.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed that every season when the Bulldogs appear in a play off final they go up as Champions the following season (Ooooops may have tempted fate! :eek:), sorry WH......good luck for the coming season, this is still an outstanding thread, well done

Thanks for the Kind comments guys.

I was not too upset about the play off loss. I would have loved to go up but Poor old Charlton deserved it more as it was only money problems that robbed them of the league title. (I feel their pain with my real club King's Lynn recently going bust)

CFCIan75 I hope your right about the play off/ Promotion pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

"YOU'LL NEVER WIN ANYTHING WITH KIDS."

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH COCA-COLA LEAGUE 2

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2016/17

Media Prediction - 13th

Board expectations - Top half finish

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

Our season started with a shocking injury as midfielder Danby fractured his skull as a result of a "robust challenge" and was out for 3 months. Shortly after that Kerr broke his wrist after landing heavily and was unavailable for 6 weeks.

Despite these negatives we performed very well in the early part of the season and were sitting 2nd in the league having gone 12 games unbeaten. Our defence was as mean as ever as we had only conceded 5 goals by this point.

Seven straight wins in October saw me awarded Manager of the month as our unbeaten run continued. It finally came to an end with a 1-0 loss to Rushden in the 19th game of the season.

We were sitting on the top of the table five points clear of Carlisle in second. Also we had only conceded 8 goals in 19 league games. Not surprisingly my Goalkeeper Lee Burge was attracting attention, Championship side Plymouth were the team who were most interested as they had sent scouts to our last home game to watch him. 11 clean sheets from 17 starts was an impressive statistic for the 23 year old shot stopper.

Only a few games later we showed we are not yet the finished article as we were stuffed 5-0 away to Dagenham and Redbridge. To say i was not happy would be an understatement. Apart from those 5 goals we had only conceded 8 goals in 23 games. As a result we were sitting 6 points clear at the top of the league at the half way point of the season, having only lost twice in the league.

6 victories in 7 games in Jan, saw me once again awarded the manager of the month. With 3 quarters of the season gone, we were still top and 9 points clear of 2nd place Aldershot. With the top 3 gaining automatic promotion, It would take a monumental cock up for us to miss out .

Nearing the end of February we saw several offers from Irish clubs for Kerr and McDonald. I managed to scare them off by quoting prices of 5x their value. I was not going to let my star players leave on the cheap when in such a good position to potentially win the league.

We guaranteed promotion with 6 games remaining, Then the very next game we cemented our place at the top of the league. No one could catch us now and come the final game of the season we were crowned champions. It was all thanks to another long run without defeat, this time it was 17 games undefeated and we were 14 points clear of our nearest rivals.

• Cups

In the F.A Cup we beat L1 sides Exeter and Charlton to reach the 3rd round and were awarded with a sellout home game against Chelsea. As expected the reigning champions of Europe were too strong for us and beat us 5-0. Tottenham were the eventual winners.

The League Cup Campaign ended abruptly again as Championship side Fulham beat us in the first game of the season. But they needed extra time and penalties to do it. The eventual winners were Arsenal for the 4th time in 8 seasons.

In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we beat L1 Gillingham in the first round. Our parent club has only beaten us once in 8 attempts. Dagenham and Redbridge bet us in the next round as the game went to penalties. Southend won the competition this year.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

Several of my youngsters were loaned out this season. 9 players were allowed to leave on free transfers including
who went to Brentford. Rivers was sold to Bangor at the end of the season, he had spent 7 seasons at the club making 67 appearances but was only a bit part player in the last few seasons He was sold for £26k.

• Incoming

19 Year old French midfielder
was signed as a replacement for Rains. My scouts tell me he has the potential to be a star in league 1.

18 Year Old defender
was brought in as one for the future. As was Striker
he is 6'6" tall which I thought would add something different to our forward line if he turns out to be good enough to get into the first team.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

and foster 15

• Most Man OF Man

• Highest Average Rating

FORMER PLAYERS

played 12 times and scored 2 goals for Scunthorpe this season..
personally had a fairly good season, but Kilmarnock finished bottom of the Scottish 1st Division and were relegated. He has requested a transfer after Kilmarnock's relegation and has interest from England and Scotland..

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

Look to improve the squad. Stay up.

British Bulldogs Summary

Season      Team                 League                 Position                 Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-10    BULLDOGS    Isthmian Premier Division           3RD            Promoted > playoffs
10-11    BULLDOGS    Blue Square South                   1ST            Promoted > Champions
11-12    BULLDOGS    Blue Square Premier Division        9TH                
12-13    BULLDOGS    Blue Square Premier Division        5TH            Lost in playoff semi final
13-14    BULLDOGS    Blue Square Premier Division        1ST            Promoted > Champions
14-15    BULLDOGS    Coca-Cola League 2                  9TH
15-16    BULLDOGS    Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH           Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17    BULLDOGS    Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST               Promoted > Champions

I just noticed that every season when the Bulldogs appear in a play off final they go up as Champions the following season (Ooooops may have tempted fate! ), sorry WH......good luck for the coming season, this is still an outstanding thread, well done

Looks like my prediction came true WH! :D Great season congratulations on promotion good luck next season :thup:

Good season WH. Hogarth looks like a club legend in the making. I'm amazed at the impact he has

Although his stats are not that good, Hogarth just keeps producing the goods season after season. I don't think he is the highest ability Central defender in the team but he is definatly the best performing player in the squad. Its now 8 seasons on the trot that he has been the highest ranked player in the squad.

Looks like my prediction came true WH! Great season congratulations on promotion good luck next season

You are my lucky charm now, please predict something good for L1 next season. I notice a pattern in the finishing positions, Lets hope I can finish 9th next season and keep it going.

Thanks for the comments guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated, sorry about that to anyone who was following.

Busy at home, busy at work. You know how it is.

I'm going to load it up and get back into it soon.

Will catch up on a few other careers I was following and post my pre season update soon, then crack on with season 9.

Leeds v Spurs might rule tonight out.

See you soon :thup:

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH COCA COLA LEAGUE 1

BulldogsFINAL.png

2017/18 PRE SEASON

NEWS

We negotiated a New 5 year kit sponsorship deal worth £60k per season.

Our Link with Gillingham was terminated as we are now in same league. My board instantly arrange a new deal with Plymouth which will earn us £16k per season and a friendly, I won't be making use of the loan option of the agreement.

I was offered a new 4 year contract worth £850 per week. Which I signed straight away, much to the chairmans delight.

I decided it was time for another staff member, so I brought a
to the club, he was recommended in a staff meeting.

Season tickets were sold out for the Kennel this year. We sold 6125 which brought in £2.2m for the club and boosted our bank balance to £4m at the start of the season.

SQUAD

Another set of youngsters has been promoted from the youth team.
was the pick of the bunch according to my staff.

There is speculation that Burge, McDonald, Faivre and Shields are going to be subject to offers form various clubs across the country. If any of these materialise i may need to hunt for some replacements. Otherwise i can't see anyone coming in as my scouts are finding it hard to find free players of the required standard. We did have an offer for Burge from Crystal palace. but the Championship side were looking for a Keeper on the cheap and i was not prepared to let my keeper go for £65k so the deal was rejected.

PRE SEASON

Pre season went well. We won 7 and drew 1. including a win against French club Metz. There were no injuries during the pre season games.

EXPECTATIONS

The media have predicted that we will finish 24th this season and head back down to league 2. The board just want us to fight bravely against relegation. We have always done more than is expected of us so i believe we can stay up this season. I'll be looking for striker
to improve on the 8 goals he scored last season or I may have to look through the other options in my reserves.

Thanks for the comments :thup:

Good to see you carrying this on WH :thup:. Although weren't you promoted last year? In which case your pre season update should say Coca Cola League One *pedantic mode over* :p

:o That will teach me not to be lazy when using the copy and paste function. Changed it now, thanks for spotting it. 1 gold star for you.

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH COCA-COLA LEAGUE 1

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2017/18

Media Prediction - 24th

Board expectations - Fight bravely against relegation

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

French midfielder
left early in the season as Partick Thistle made a £300k deadline day bid. I negotiated a price of £750k for him and the chairman accepted Particks improved offer instantly. I was sad to see him go but it was a good deal in my opinion. The downside was that my scouts had no obvious replacements in their shortlist. I decided to bring reserve players
and
into the first team to compete for the space.

In early October our first choice keeper
broke his leg and was sidelined for 6 months. His 2 young understudies
and
then had to battle for the no1 shirt in his absence. But with 4 losses in the next 4 league games I decided they were not up to it and had to act quickly to stop our season from falling apart. My staff recommended a Portuguese keeper
in our team meeting and I brought him in. He made a difference straight away as he recorded 5 clean sheets in his first 7 games for the club.

This recovery in form helped to stop the free-fall down the table and with a third of the season gone we were sitting 13th in the table.

We suffered some further injury problems when 4 midfield players all were ruled out for between 4 and 8 weeks. Shields, Hetherington, Zabek and Johnson were out with injuries ranging from a pulled hamstring to strained knee ligaments. Thankfully despite this setback it didn't have a drastic effect on our recently improved form.

When our injured players returned to strengthen the squad again we hit an outstanding run of form. 6 wins in a row in December resulted in me winning the manager of the month award. And 8 wins from 9 games saw us shoot back up the league to occupy 7th place, just outside the playoff positions with just a third of the season to go. We also had 2 games in hand on the teams around us.

Our good form continued as we only lost 4 from the final 15 games of the season. This form helped me gain the April manager of the month award and propelled us into 5th position in the league and a playoff place.

We were drawn against Southend in the semi finals. The first leg was a cagey affair and ended 0-0 at the kennel. The second leg was much the same but despite Southend being slightly the better team we managed to snatch an 80th minute winner.

The Play off Final

A crowd of over 51000 turned up to see the game against Cardiff. It was an evenly contested game that looked to be heading for a 0-0 scoreline in the 90 minutes. Cardiff however had other ideas as they scored in the 88th minute to take the lead. The Bulldogs heads didn't drop and throwing caution to the wind we pressed forward creating several late chances. It seemed we were too late to turn this one around. Then in the first minute of stoppage time Zamaradi was tripped in the box. the ref pointed to the spot and Zamaradi picked himself up to score the equaliser and take the game into extra time.

Zamaradi struck in the 107th minute of the game to give the bulldogs the lead. Cardiff were not done yet and hit the woodwork in the final minute, but Bulldogs legend Hogarth picked up the loose ball before running to the other end and putting the ball into the open net to guarantee the win and the bulldogs promotion into the Championship.

• Cups

In the
F.A Cup
wins against Brighton and Northampton earned us a 3rd round tie against premier league opposition in the form of Blackburn. We managed a superb 0-0 draw at Ewood park. The replay resulted in a sell out crowd of 8000 at the kennel. Surprisingly we almost won it. We were leading 2-1 but Blackburn equalised in the 3rd minute of stoppage time to take the game into extra time. With no more goals coming it went down to a penalty shootout, but Blackburn were too good for us. man city were the eventual winners.

The
League Cup
Campaign ended abruptly again as Championship side Bristol Cit knocked us out. The 2-1 loss means We still haven't won a game in this competition. The eventual winners were Burnley.

In the
Johnstone's Paint Trophy
we reached the southern section final where we lost out to Colchester over 2 legs. Colchester won the competition this year.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

The only transfer of any note was
move to Partick Thistle on deadline day. He went for £750k which I think was a good deal for a player I got for free only last season.

8 youngsters left when their contracts were up.

• Incoming

was recommended in a staff meeting. I signed him when our form took a huge dive shortly after we lost
with a broken leg. He had spent 2 seasons playing regularly for Portuguese side Braga before they released him at the end of last season.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Man

• Highest Average Rating

7.20 from 43 starts

was beaten to highest rated player for the first time in 9 years. He came second with 7.17 from 35 apps

Squad Statistics

FORMER PLAYERS

was released by Scunthorpe when his contract expired. He spent most of the season unemployed. Tranmere, Kilmarnock and Rushden were all showing an interest in him. He received an offer from Institute who play in the Northern Irish Division 1. Unless he secures a big move in the future, i will no longer be following His progress.

Following Kilmarnocks relegation from Scottish Division 1
was snapped up by Scottish Premier League side Dundee Utd for a bargain £35k. He had a decent season making 28 starts and Dundee finished 4th, qualifying for the Euro cup.

went straight into Partick Thistles first team and made 31 starts. He was one of their best players in a season that saw them finish 2nd in the league ahead of Rangers. He could get a chance to play in the champions league next season.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

With 2 quick promotions I am expecting a very difficult season in the Championship. I don't expect my staff to find any free teenagers that are good enough to jump straight into the first team. I will be looking for players of potential again.

British Bulldogs Summary

Season    Team                   League                   Position            Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-10     BULLDOGS      Isthmian Premier Division           3RD           Promoted > playoffs
10-11     BULLDOGS      Blue Square South                   1ST           Promoted > Champions
11-12     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        9TH                
12-13     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        5TH          Lost in playoff semi final
13-14     BULLDOGS      Blue Square Premier Division        1ST           Promoted > Champions
14-15     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  9TH
15-16     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  6TH          Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 2                  1ST          Promoted > Champions
17-18     BULLDOGS      Coca-Cola League 1                  5TH          Promoted > Playoffs

Well done on promotion WH :thup:. What a roller coaster of a last few minutes of normal time! Good to see Hogarth sealing it for you; also love his 'new face'. Definitely looks like a no nonsense defender!

Good luck in the Championship next season. It's a big step up from League One as I found out with my AFC Wimbledon save last year.

Thanks Raware.

I'm expecting a tough season next time round with a real possibility of relegation on the cards. It is a big step up and the fact we skipped through League 1 so quickly could mean we are not ready for it. Especially when you take our transfer policy into account. We won't be able to just buy our way out of trouble as you could with another team. Should be a good test of character for my players in our 10th season.

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP

BulldogsFINAL.png

2018/19 PRE SEASON

NEWS

We received £400k as a result of wolves promotion back to the Premier League meaning they do not requiring their parachute payment anymore.

Our Link with Plymouth was terminated as we are now in the same league. My board worked quickly to arrange a new deal with Italian side Lecce which will earn us £38k per season and a friendly, once again I won't be making use of the loan option of the agreement.

We sold out our season tickets again this season. 6125 tickets were sold raising an impressive £2.8m and boosting our Bank balance to almost £5.5m at the start of the season. I expect the Kennel to be full for most games this season. The Chairman may need to develop the stadium soon as the 8000 capacity stadium is tiny compared to some of our rivals this year, if he can raise the funds of course.

SQUAD

Another set of youngsters has been promoted from the youth team. However my staff were not particularly impressed with any of them.

PRE SEASON

Pre season went fairly well, We managed 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. There were no injuries to report.

EXPECTATIONS

The media have predicted that we will finish 24th this season and The board just want us to fight bravely against relegation. Relegation really could be on the cards this season after two quick promotions we have not had the time to strengthen the squad sufficiently. Our pre season team meeting highlighted that we were one of the weakest teams in the league in almost every possible area apart from speed.

I thought I would share some latest facegen faces I made for my players.

Hogarth.

harryhogarth.png

Welch

welchv.png

Zamaradi

zammo.png

This is why my season update is taking so long. I must get back to playing the game. (season 3/4 finished now.)

Hi Raware,

I downloaded the free version of faceGen from here. Then you need a paint program to edit them with.

You can either randomly generate a face, Make your own from scratch by tweeking various sliders or use a photo as a base in the photo fit section, then edit it to until you have what you need.

If you unpack the fm10 graphics folder with the resource archiver tool there are lots of player pics you can use as a base. Or any facepacks you may have already downloaded. (they just need to be JPG instead of PNG for the facegen program.)

I downloaded a hair pack from Here, The guy has done a good job with them but they may need some resizing to fit with the facegen image.

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH COCA-COLA CHAMPIONSHIP

BulldogsFINAL.png

SEASON UPDATE - 2018/19

Media Prediction - 24th

Board expectations - Fight bravely against relegation

SEASON SUMMARY

• League

We started much better than I expected we would. Not promotion form but much better than relegation form. In the first 15 games we managed to win 4 and draw 5. This form was good enough to put us in 15th place in the table, seven places above the relegation zone. With a third of the season done, I would be more than happy to end it now with us sitting in such a comfortable position.

became the Bulldogs first ever full international player when he came on in the 89th minute for Congo in an African Nations qualifying game.

Our mid season form was a fraction worse but still good enough to keep us where we needed to be. We only won 3 from the next 15 games but the 6 draws we also gained meant we picked up a reasonable haul of points . With 2 thirds of the season gone we were in 17th position with 32 points. We were 10 points ahead of the last relegation place. My First target is to get 45 points which should just about keep us up using past seasons as a marker

In the January transfer window I sold Defender John hardy to Watford for £120k. I was glad to get rid of him as he was regularly missing from training and I was getting fed up with fining him.

Spanish 2nd division side Malaga bid for Defender
Their offer of £1m upfront with £500k over 12 months and 10% of any future fee and with a friendly thrown in was too good for my chairman to refuse. Pearce is the first bulldogs player to move abroad. He had been with the club from the start 10 years ago, at the age of 16, in the Isthmian premier league.

With 2 defenders leaving, 20 year old center back
was promoted from the reserves to provide cover. This is his 4th season at the club since coming through the youth academy.

In Feb I was offered the Portsmouth job. They are currently in the relegation zone of the championship. I turned them down to stick with the bulldogs.

I brought in a
to help train the youngsters. He was recommended to me in a staff meeting.

Our form in the run in was slightly improved and it needed to be. The teams around us were fighting for survival and picking up more points than previously. We lost half of our final 16 games of the season but we also managed to gain 6 wins which helped us to stay out of the relegation zone. Things were looking very worrying for a while as we dropped down to 20th position just above the drop zone. But 3 wins from our final 4 games saw us move up to 17th and 11 point above the final relegation position.

• Cups

In the
F.A Cup
We beat fellow Championship side Ipswich in the 3rd round to set up a big 4th round tie against Man City, which resulted in a full house at the Kennel. Their new £25.5M striker Gonzalo Higuain was our main tormentor scoring a debut hat-trick as they thrashed us 5-1. Arsenal were the eventual winners, beating Newcastle in the final.

As for the
League Cup
We finally got a win under our belts in this competition with a fine display against Dagenham and Redbridge. Then did even better to beat Premier Division side West Ham in in the second round. Aston Villa proved too strong for us in the 3rd. The eventual winners were Newcastle who beat last years winners Burnley in the final.

TRANSFERS

• Outgoing

The only major transfer was when
left for Malaga for £1.5m.

Hardy was sold to Watford for £120k just to get rid of a trouble maker.

10 more players left, most on free transfers but 1 went for £10k.

• Incoming

Big center back
was brought in when Man Utd let him go.

Midfielder
was snapped up when his contract at rangers was not renewed.

Arsenal decided defensive midfielder
was not going to make it so I decided to give him a chance.

was surplus to requirements at Everton despite being able to play Central defence and Midfield positions.

All 4 were signed as players for the future but Andrews got a few chances when Hardy and Pearce left in January.

STATISTICS

• Top scorer

• Most Assists

• Most Man OF Man

• Highest Average Rating

7.17 from 41 starts

Squad Statistics

FORMER PLAYERS

had a pretty average season for Dundee Utd. They finished 6th in the league and Rains has been transfer listed as not needed by the club. He wants to stay with the club but there is interest from Championship side Oldham and Premier League side Peterborough. His asking price is just £130k

had a good season at Partick Thistle. They finished third in the league and played in the champions league qualifying rounds. He is unsettled and looking for a move. Some very big clubs are interested in him including A.C.Milan, Olympiakos and Sporting CP.

did fairly well after his move to Malaga. He played regularly and his team avoided relegation from Spanish second division, finishing 17th.

PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON

Fight to stay up.

British Bulldogs Summary

Season  Team                League                Position            Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09-10   BULLDOGS   Isthmian Premier Division        3RD           Promoted > playoffs
10-11   BULLDOGS   Blue Square South                1ST           Promoted > Champions
11-12   BULLDOGS   Blue Square Premier Division     9TH                
12-13   BULLDOGS   Blue Square Premier Division     5TH          Lost in playoff semi final
13-14   BULLDOGS   Blue Square Premier Division     1ST           Promoted > Champions
14-15   BULLDOGS   Coca-Cola League 2               9TH
15-16   BULLDOGS   Coca-Cola League 2               6TH          Lost in Play-off Final & JPT Runners up
16-17   BULLDOGS   Coca-Cola League 2               1ST          Promoted > Champions
17-18   BULLDOGS   Coca-Cola League 1               5TH          Promoted > Playoffs
18-19   BULLDOGS   Coca-Cola Championship           17TH         

I'm Planning to add a list of the competition winners for all the top leagues (The ones I have loaded) and international competitions for the 10 seasons so far.

If anyone wants an update on a team or player, just let me know who and i'll let you know how they are doing. (if they are in my game)

Thanks for the comments :thup:

@LCFC,I will be happy with another season like last, it will be difficult to stay up again this season but I would like to be safe a bit sooner than last season. we only guarenteed suvival with 3 games to go.

@Taylor B, Zamaradi has been capable of scoring at every level so far. There have been a couple of low scoring seasons for him but he is our all time league top scorer with 115 goals from 252 games. Foster is the next best with 110 goals from 284 games.

@Marrayzoster, Rangers will feature in the 10 year update but I will look to add some more detail if i find anything of interest.

HEADER10.jpg

Time to catch up on the goings on around the rest of the world.
(I can only supply info on the leagues i have running in the background)

INTERNATIONAL

WORLD CUP

YEAR	1ST	     2ND	         3RD
2010	ITALY	     SERBIA	BRAZIL
2014	ARGENTINA     CROATIA	SPAIN
2018	BRAZIL	     GERMANY	TURKEY

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

YEAR	1ST	     2ND
2012	ITALY	     FRANCE
2016	FRANCE        ITALY

OLYMPICS

YEAR	1ST	     2ND	         3RD
2012	NIGERIA	     SPAIN        GERMANY
2016	ITALY         ARGENTINA    FRANCE

EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

YEAR	1ST	    2ND
2010	ARSENAL       JUVENTUS
2011	CHELSEA       A.C. MILAN
2012	R. MADRID     CHELSEA
2013	AT. MADRID    ROMA
2014	R. MADRID     BARCELONA
2015	FC BAYERN     LYON
2016	CHELSEA       AT. MADRID
2017	R. MADRID     BARCELONA
2018	FC BAYERN     INTER
2019	JUVENTUS      FC BAYERN

EUROPA LEAGUE

YEAR	1ST               2ND
2010	AT. MADRID       PSV
2011	TOTTENHAM        GALATASARAY
2012	SCHALKE	        EVERTON
2013	A.C. MILAN       BORDEAUX
2014	PALERMO	        TOTTENHAM
2015	ROMA	        STUTTGART
2016	A.C. MILAN       ARSENAL
2017	JUVENTUS         ARSENAL
2018	NEWCASTLE        LAZIO
2019	BARCELONA        HSV

EUROPEAN SUPER CUP

YEAR	1ST	          2ND
2010	ARSENAL	         AT. MADRID
2011	TOTTENAHAM        CHELSEA
2012	R. MADRID         SCHALKE
2013	A.C. MILAN        AT. MADRID
2014	R. MADRID         PALERMO
2015	FC BAYERN         ROMA
2016	A.C. MILAN        CHELSEA
2017	R. MADRID         JUVENTUS
2018	FC BAYERN         NEWCASTLE

DOMESTIC LEAGUES & CUPS

ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

YEAR	1ST	     2ND	          3RD
2010	CHELSEA	     MAN UTD	ARSENAL
2011	CHELSEA	     ARSENAL	MAN UTD
2012	ASTON VILLA   MAN UTD	CHELSEA
2013	CHELSEA	     ARSENAL	MAN CITY
2014	ARSENAL	     CHELSEA	NEWCASTLE
2015	MAN UTD	     CHELSEA	MAN CITY
2016	MAN CITY      MAN UTD	ARSENAL
2017	ASTON VILLA   CHELSEA	MAN CITY
2018	MAN UTD	     NEWCASTLE	ARSENAL
2019	MAN UTD	     ARSENAL	ASTON VILLA

ENGLISH FA CUP

YEAR	1ST	     2ND
2010	EVERTON	     TOTTENHAM
2011	MAN CITY	     CHELSEA
2012	MAN CITY	     MAN UTD
2013	MAN UTD	     NEWCASTLE
2014	ARSENAL	     NEWCASTLE
2015	NEWCASTLE	     WOLVES
2016	BURNLEY	     NORWICH
2017	TOTTENHAM     FULHAM	
2018	MAN CITY	     STOKE
2019	ARSENAL	     NEWCASTLE

ENGLISH LEAGUE CUP

YEAR	1ST	          2ND
2010	MAN CITY         CHELSEA
2011	TOTTENHAM        MAN UTD	
2012	ARSENAL	        LIVERPOOL
2013	ARSENAL	        MAN UTD
2014	MAN CITY         LIVERPOOL
2015	ARSENAL	        EVERTON
2016	CHELSEA	        MAN UTD
2017	ARSENAL	        WEST HAM
2018	BURNLEY	        BLACKBURN
2019	NEWCASTLE        BURNLEY

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE

YEAR	1ST	     2ND	          3RD
2010	RANGERS	     CELTIC       ABERDEEN
2011	CELTIC	     RANGERS      DUNDEE UTD
2012	HEARTS	     CELTIC       RANGERS
2013	CELTIC	     RANGERS	HEARTS
2014	CELTIC	     RANGERS	DUNDEE UTD
2015	RANGERS	     CELTIC	HEARTS
2016	CELTIC	     HEARTS	RANGERS
2017	RANGERS	     CELTIC	DUNDEE UTD
2018	CELTIC	     PARTICK TH.	RANGERS
2019	HEARTS	     CELTIC	PARTICK TH.

SCOTTISH CUP

YEAR	1ST	       2ND
2010	CELTIC	       ROSS COUNTY
2011	CELTIC	       HIBERNIAN
2012	RANGERS	       CELTIC
2013	CELTIC	       DUNDEE UTD
2014	DUNDEE UTD      HEARTS	
2015	HEARTS	       INVERNESS
2016	CELTIC	       FAKLIRK
2017	RANGERS	       DUNDEE  
2018	RANGERS	       DUNDEE UTD
2019	PARTICK TH.     CELTIC

SPANISH LIGA BBVA

YEAR	1ST	             2ND	             3RD
2010	BARCELONA	            R. MADRID	SEVILLA
2011	R.MADRID	            BARCELONA	SEVILLA
2012	R.MADRID	            BARCELONA	AT. MADRID
2013	BARCELONA	            R. MADRID	AT. MADRID
2014	R.MADRID	            BARCELONA	AT. MADRID
2015	R.MADRID	            AT. MADRID	BARCELONA
2016	BARCELONA	            R. MADRID	SEVILLA
2017	AT. MADRID	   R. MADRID      BARCELONA
2018	R.MADRID	            SEVILLA        AT. MADRID
2019	AT. MADRID	   R. MADRID      BARCELONA

SPANISH CUP

YEAR	1ST	           2ND
2010	R.MADRID        BARCELONA
2011	VALENCIA        BARCELONA
2012	BARCELONA       ALMERIA
2013	BARCELONA       AT. MADRID
2014	AT.MADRID       BARCELONA
2015	BARCELONA       VALENCIA
2016	BARCELONA       SEVILLA
2017	R.MADRID        DEPORTIVO
2018	DEPORTIVO       AT. MADRID
2019	AT.MADRID       MALLORCA

ITALIAN SERIE A

YEAR	1ST	     2ND	           3RD
2010	JUVENTUS	     INTER	ROMA
2011	JUVENTUS	     INTER	A.C. MILAN
2012	JUVENTUS	     INTER	ROMA
2013	JUVENTUS	     ROMA	          INTER
2014	JUVENTUS	     A.C. MILAN	INTER
2015	JUVENTUS	     INTER	ROMA
2016	INTER	     FIORENTINA	NAPOLI
2017	INTER	     A.C. MILAN	JUVENTUS
2018	INTER	     JUVENTUS	GENOA
2019	INTER	     JUVENTUS	LAZIO

ITALIAN CUP

YEAR	1ST	     2ND
2010	LAZIO	     INTER
2011	JUVENTUS	    FIORENTINA
2012	UDINESE	     ROMA
2013	JUVENTUS	     INTER
2014	CALGLIARI	     GENOA
2015	PALERMO	     LAZIO
2016	FIORENTIN     JUVENTUS
2017	A.C. MILAN    JUVENTUS
2018	FIORENTINA    ROMA
2019	A.C. MILAN    LAZIO

GERMAN FIRST DIVISION

YEAR	1ST	      2ND	       3RD
2010	FC BAYERN     W. BREMEN	SCHALKE
2011	FC BAYERN     SCHALKE	W. BREMEN
2012	FC BAYERN     W. BREMEN	STUTTGART
2013	FC BAYERN     W. BREMEN	STUTTGART
2014	FC BAYERN     STUTTGART	W. BREMEN
2015	FC BAYERN     W. BREMEN	STUTTGART
2016	FC BAYERN     W. BREMEN	FRANKFURT
2017	FC BAYERN     HSV	         W. BREMEN
2018	FC BAYERN     HSV	          STUTTGART
2019	FC BAYERN     W. BREMEN	STUTTGART

GERMAN CUP

YEAR	1ST	                    2ND
2010	FC BAYERN	               HSV
2011	FC BAYERN	               SCHALKE
2012	FC BAYERN	               LEVERKUSEN
2013	STUTTGART	               HOFFENHEIM
2014	W. BREMEN	               TSV EINTRACHT
2015	SCHALKE	               AACHEN
2016	FC BAYERN	               DUISBERG
2017	W. BREMEN	               BEILEFELD
2018	W. BREMEN	               LEVERKUSEN
2019	STUTTGART	               DORTMUND

FRENCH LIGUE 1

YEAR	1ST	        2ND	     3RD
2010	LYON	        MARSEILLE	     BORDEAUX
2011	LYON	        BORDEAUX	     MARSEILLE
2012	MARSEILLE	        LYON	     P.S.G
2013	LYON	        LOSC LILLE	     MARSEILLE
2014	LYON	        MARSEILLE	     BORDEAUX
2015	MARSEILLE	        LYON	     P.S.G
2016	LYON	        MARSEILLE	     P.S.G
2017	LYON	        MARSEILLE	     BORDEAUX
2018	MARSEILLE	        LYON	     BORDEAUX
2019	MARSEILLE	        BORDEAUX	     P.S.G

FRENCH CUP

YEAR	1ST	          2ND	
2010	FC LORIENT	TOULOUSE FC	
2011	CAEN	         NANTES	
2012	BORDEAUX	         AUXERRE	
2013	LYON	         BESANCON RC	
2014	LOSC LILLE	AUXERRE	
2015	TOULOUSE FC	RENNAIS	
2016	TOULOUSE FC	BORDEAUX	
2017	MONACO	         BORDEAUX	
2018	LYON	         MARSEILLE	
2019	LYON	         RENNAIS	

Hi Murrayzoster.

Here is some more info on Rangers.

After winning the league and Scottish league cup in 2010 Walter Smith left the club. (I can't click on him so I assume he has now retired) He was soon replaced by former Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies.

Davies spent 8 years at Rangers and won 2 SPL Titles, 3 Scottish Cups and 1 Scottish League Cup. He left to take the West Ham Job. Terry Butcher was brought in as his replacement.

Butcher was a strange choice. His only real achievement was winning Scottish First Division with Inverness CT in 2011. Butcher was in charge from November and his first season in charge saw Rangers finish a woeful 7th in the SPL.

What reputation did you give the club? And also what budgets?

Really enjoying this btw.

Hi, glad your enjoying it.

From the opening post.

The British Bulldogs are a semi-professional club based in London. They play in English Non League football in the Isthmian Premier league, which is the 7th tier of Football in England. Their reputation is 1000 which is the average of all the teams in that league . They have a decent stadium nicknamed "The Kennel" that holds 8000 fans and has seating for 2000. The club have £50k in the bank and the chairman is not exceptionally wealthy as he has invested most of his cash into a state of the art youth academy and training facilities. The estimated value of the club is high due to its facilities but the reputation and finances are in line with other teams in that level of football

Hey WH, just caught up with your progress. Congratulations on reaching the Championship hopefully the Bulldogs will make a better fist of it next season, good luck

On the subject of updates, could you if possible give me an update of how Jonjo Shelvey is doing in your game at the moment? cheers

Hi CFCIan75. Thanks for the comments, here is the Jonjo update.

Jonjo Shelvey spent the 2010 season at Charlton, His 11 goals in league 1 saw him attract the interest of Premier division clubs. Fulham managed to sign him for a bargain price of £2.3 million. He made 23 league starts for Fulham but failed to score a goal.

He was loaned out to German side Schalke and performed quite well, he scored 1 goal in his time there and won his first trophy as part of Schalkes Europa league winning team. Winning this competition raised his reputation enough to get him noticed by Liverpool who signed him for £12.5 million.

He is now starting his 8th season for Liverpool and has scored 48 goals in 260 league games in his career. He has performed well throughout his career as he has an average rating of 7.25.

He was part of the England U21 team that won the U21 European Championships in 2013 and as a result was called up for his first full international later that year. He is now a regular for England and has scored 4 goals in 25 international starts.

The Bulldogs are going to be on hold for a while as my computer went pop before a burning aroma started to escape from it and now won't turn on. lol.

I'm on my old laptop at the minute which has no chance of running FM.

My save game is safe on an external hard drive right up to the start of season 11. I must have sensed the the impending doom as I only decided to copy the save game a few days ago.

Any luck and i'll be able to get back into it once the repair job is done.

Hi Shr3kk_wpg,

Luckily i'm an old fashioned type of guy, so I wrote everything down on a notepad before I started editing :thup:

Minimum was 300 (Small but still reasonable for the starting standard)

Maximum was 10000 (Incase we made it up the pyramid)

average was 1000 (A good average for the starting league & the same as my real team Kings Lynn used to get :()

Its good fun and you can be quite competative in the lower leagues. It gets very hard to replace players with good players when you go up the leagues. ( I found my staff suggested better players in the team meetings than the scouts could find) Playing this way you do miss the thrill of big money transfers.

Let us know how you get on if you do get one started.

Thanks for the info WH. Those sound like quite reasonable attendances. I was working on this kind of save last night but have a few glitches to take care of. Did you create your team from scratch? When I try that, no FA Cup for them in the first season. I am gonna start out in the 8th level of English football I reckon.

Thanks for the info WH. Those sound like quite reasonable attendances. I was working on this kind of save last night but have a few glitches to take care of. Did you create your team from scratch? When I try that, no FA Cup for them in the first season. I am gonna start out in the 8th level of English football I reckon.

You cant compete in the FA cup until your 3 years old or something.

I made the expansion capacity 10000. I'm not sure if that means I can expand it to a max of 10000 or expand by 10000 for an 18000 capacity. I'm sure I will find out in time.

As for the Bulldogs, I created a team from scratch then moved cray out of the league and added the bulldogs to that league. I set the year they were founded to 2005, this might be why I was able to compete in the F.A. Cup, im not sure. If not then It was almost certainly down to the work of uncle ron as I used his lower league expansion form THIS THREAD

Computer update: My power supply had stringy bits of melted plastic coming out of it and i'm pretty sure my motherboard has had a failure too as there was some black markings around some of the components. I have some bits on order so I hope they are all I need to fix it.

I made the expansion capacity 10000. I'm not sure if that means I can expand it to a max of 10000 or expand by 10000 for an 18000 capacity. I'm sure I will find out in time.

Your total capacity will be a max of 10000

As for the Bulldogs, I created a team from scratch then moved cray out of the league and added the bulldogs to that league. I set the year they were founded to 2005, this might be why I was able to compete in the F.A. Cup, im not sure. If not then It was almost certainly down to the work of uncle ron as I used his lower league expansion form THIS THREAD

ok, so I will have to go back and set my team to a 2005 or 2006 start I guess. But i am for sure going to start in the 10th level using SuperBladesman's database

My computer is now back up and running. It seems stable enough.

I will give it a good test run tomorrow as i'm due down the pub soon. ;)

Should be able to get my pre season update up tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I turn the computer on when I get home.

My aplogies if I post a drunken mess of an update later.

Let me know if you want any updates on teams or players.

BRITISH BULLDOGS - ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP

BulldogsFINAL.png

2019/20 PRE SEASON

NEWS

The board announced plans to enlarge the stadium by 2000 seats. The estimated cost is £2.5m and the work is expected to be completed in 4 months so should be ready in September. The stadium will hold 10000 when finished with seating for 4000. My chairman informed me that the council would not allow any further expansion of the Kennel as there was simply not enough space. If we are to grow in the future we will need a new home. That won't come cheap.

Despite a slight reduction in the capacity while the work is being done and a difficult season in the Championship we still sold over 5700 season tickets which brought in £2.7m and covered the cost of the stadium upgrade.

We received £400k as a result of Fulham not needing their parachute payment.

SQUAD

Another set of youngsters has been promoted from the youth team. However my staff were not particularly impressed with any of them.

I intend to thin out my reserve squad as it's getting hard to cover the Wage costs they are now £80k per week, which isn't a lot for a championship side but is hard to cover with our income. The main problem (apart from having a small ground) is that we only attract 60k per year in sponsorship.

I managed to get 3 youngsters who were released from big premier league teams. The pick of them was former Man Utd striker
who has the potential to be a premier league striker according to my scout. I will add more detail in the transfers section of the end of season update.

PRE SEASON

Pre season went fairly well, We managed 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. There were no injuries to report.

EXPECTATIONS

The media have predicted that we will finish 24th this season and The board just want us to fight bravely against relegation. I'm expecting another difficult season and will be happy to fight off relegation for another season.

We now find ourselves in a difficult position. Players of the required quality are hard to come by. When players do start to shine at this level, bigger clubs come in for them and in most cases we have to let them go for a good offer. We could be fighting relegation from this level on an yearly basis, if we can stay up.

My computer is now back up and running. It seems stable enough.

I will give it a good test run tomorrow as i'm due down the pub soon. ;)

Should be able to get my pre season update up tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I turn the computer on when I get home.

My aplogies if I post a drunken mess of an update later.

Let me know if you want any updates on teams or players.

Glad to hear your computer is back up and running :thup:. Like me, it would have been a shame to lose all the hard work you've put into your save.

I don't know why but suddenly one day I thought I need a back up of this save. Then a day later my computer dies. lol.

In the end it wasn't anything to do with my hard drive, but I will save an extra copy after every season from now on just in case.

Glad your still looking in:thup:

Archived