dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Season Report AFC Hornchurch 08/09

Finished 10th in Blue Square South Table Pic

after a bad start to the season were goals were being scored against me for fun, things soon turned around. leaking 6 or 7 goals a game soon stopped and i was the one knocking them in, mainly down to the legend that is Louis Bell. i can't complain at 65 goals in 44 games. utter legend! results started to dip again mid-season but thankfully picked up again. need to be a bit more choosey in the transfer market as most of my signings were donkeys. fingers crossed Belly will do the business again next season so its the defence and a new goalkeeper i need to concentrate on. 104 goals conceded is just disgraceful.

Manager Overview

Confidence

Summary

Player Ratings

Staff

and all within Budget

Highlights of the season

Goalkeeper scoring

Great Game

so i now head into the 2009/10 season looking to build on a good first season with the thought of sneaking into the playoffs. Bring it on!

Originally posted by Oxslow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

I'm seriously peeved...just went out to finish a bottle of scotch,...good thing there were girls around...I can't get my backgrounds to work anymore!!. Damm

Sounds like you need to buy a new pc icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything was working fine till i changed a few things...to speed things up..now i'm wasting time icon_mad.gif I'll figure things out..my ego is too huge to let tech screw it.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Why would you "go out" to finish a bottle of scotch icon_confused.gif?

I've stayed in to do a bottle of scotch before, but never gone out icon_biggrin.gif.

A couple of girls..that's why..one of them was so ****ed with me..cos we had a couple of one night stands then i kinda forgot her number..sex is cheap where I am now..

Chelmsford City 10/11 BSP

Enjoyable season. Never threatened the very highest table positions, and for a long time it looked like too many draws would ruin the promotion possibilities. Finally end of season spurt raised the club to 4th place 4 points above non-playoff position. Made it to the promotion final against Aldershot. The game looked secure alredy in the 1st half when my team scored twice, but during the 2nd half Aldershot made it 2 all. Then came the 90th minute and amc Craig Disley became a Chelmsford hero when his shot found its way to Aldershot net. Promotion!

Table

Promotion final

Squad

Transfers

Important players

Craig Disley

Scott McGrory

Originally posted by rashidi1:

A couple of girls..that's why..one of them was so ****ed with me..cos we had a couple of one night stands then i kinda forgot her number..sex is cheap where I am now..

Now there's a beautiful story by a moderator on a board frequented by adolescents.

Still Webstie Error

ok still cant update my status on the website due it not letting me choose promoted from League 2 to league 1 by comming 7th (play off's) any reply to this would be great icon_biggrin.gif

or shall i just choose to have finished at a differnt position so it lets me selected promoted, as tbh the fact that i was promoted is the important bit not where i finnished in the league.

near the end of the season with AFC wimbledon , sitting 8th in the league with 48 points from 32 games . got a couple of experienced players in , with alan stubbs being the biggest of them . also signed aaron lescott(juliens bro) on loan from bristol rovers , and he is doing extremlly well for me at rb . i play 4-1-4-1 and it seems to work well , as i am winning most games 1-0 , 2-1 etc .

play offs is on the cards in my first season icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by jsar:

Still Webstie Error

ok still cant update my status on the website due it not letting me choose promoted from League 2 to league 1 by comming 7th (play off's) any reply to this would be great icon_biggrin.gif

or shall i just choose to have finished at a differnt position so it lets me selected promoted, as tbh the fact that i was promoted is the important bit not where i finnished in the league.

Did you contact Allan using the contact section on the website?

Anyway, I've let him know so hopefully your update should be able to be made soon.

Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rashidi1:

Now there's a beautiful story by a moderator on a board frequented by adolescents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Text speak and bad language as well icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Thread in Graphics forum.

I know that there are quite a few graphics people in here so thought I'd ask here too as I've had no replies so far. Just a quick question. Thanks.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it doesn't slow it down. It makes loading the game slower, although if you use the skin cache it makes no difference.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsar:

Still Webstie Error

Anyway, I've let him know so hopefully your update should be able to be made soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good idea icon_biggrin.gif nope i forgot all about that will do

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

Now there's a beautiful story by a moderator on a board frequented by adolescents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Text speak and bad language as well icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will he give himself a warning? icon_biggrin.gif

Hitchin Season Update - Blue Square Premier - 2009/2010

When the Hitchin board asked where I expected the team to finish the season in our first BSP season, I said that I expect that we will avoid relegation. I think that I was underestimating the players.

Oxford were the leading side in the division and were top of the pile after 24 games.

During the run in I took charge of my 100th match away to Oxford, in what I knew to be a 6 pointer even though at that point they were about 10 points clear.

Alas, things didn't go to plan and the better team won and, at that point, I believed that we had no chance of catching Oxford.

But for some reason Oxford started to draw games that they should have won. Coupled with an otherwise excellent March where 3 of my players took att 3 places in Player of the Month awards, with Elston taking the young Player of the Month award meant that we had a chance of snatching top spot.

With one game to go we were 2nd in the league and 3 points behind Oxford. As can be seen from the position graph we were 2nd for a long time behind them.

Our last game put us away to 20th placed Crawley and Oxford were going to 14th placed Woking. I expected us to win and Oxford to comfortably win.

We were 2-1 up and then early in the second half my central midfielder, Harry Smart, got his first red card. Luckily we held on and Elston managed to get his second of the game to secure the win. Oxford, however, were not so lucky as they lost 2-0

That meant that Hitchin were champions of the BSP on goal difference.

Transfer Centre - as can be seen I did bring in a number of players, some were for back up and 1 or 2 to cover for injuries to key players, most of the free transfers out were U18 players.

Squad - I've only included players with over 10 appearances for the club here.

Keith Gilroy was voted player of the season.

Shabazz Baidoo was scoring for fun this season. He did have a sticky spell in Jan/Feb but came good again. I'll have to try and get him on loan again for League 2.

Marc Elston didn't start the season as Baidoo's strik partner, but the other options didn't seem to click and they seem to relish playing with each other.

Aaron Goode has been very good in defence no matter where he played.

Russell Howarth has for the most part been a very good keeper, although he does have the habit of parrying a shot back into danger and putting the defence under undue pressure. If I can find a very much better keeper then I may well sell him, I've already turned down a £100K bid for him.

Russell Martin has become my new midfield general.

Peter Bore has all the attributes of a very good striker, unfortunately anytime I play him there he's pants. So I just play him on the wing and modify the tactics so that he should cut in more. Hopefully I can get more goals from him next season.

Ibrahim joined on loan during the run in to give us a much needed spark of creativity in midfield. I suspect that if he didn't join then we wouldn't have been champions.

Three of my players got into Team of the Year as well.

I though that I might be a victim of the confidence bug and not ahve my contract renewed by Hitchin. Luckily they did offer a contract

Now into the Football League we go.

Hitchin are now a professional team, luckily all the players and coaches I wanted to keep were already on full time contracts.

Hopefully not many of them will want new contract for the new season as I'll only have about £2.5K a week to play with and no transfer budget icon_mad.gif

I can now scout in the UK and Ireland, so hopefully I can get some decent players in on trial. I have also asked for a work permit feeder club. I doubt that I'll have any players that need to be sent there for some time, but you never know when it will come in handy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

Text speak and bad language as well icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">although if you use the skin cache it makes no difference.

I don't quite understand this. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The skin cache basically saves and preloads the graphics, so the game doesn't have to waste time loading them.

When you add custom content, you have to untick 'use skin cache' so the game can update the cache with the new graphics. If you leave it unticked, the game will load all the graphics at the start of the game every time you start it, which takes a while. Ticking it means that you avoid the loading times for the graphics.

Originally posted by smithers08:

also signed aaron lescott(juliens bro) on loan from bristol rovers , and he is doing extremlly well for me at rb icon_biggrin.gif

He got 4 red cards for my Hitchin team last season. Needless to say he's now on the transfer list as I don't need him to cause my team to drop points.

They're more then capable of doing that themselves icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">although if you use the skin cache it makes no difference.

I don't quite understand this. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The skin cache basically saves and preloads the graphics, so the game doesn't have to waste time loading them.

When you add custom content, you have to untick 'use skin cache' so the game can update the cache with the new graphics. If you leave it unticked, the game will load all the graphics at the start of the game every time you start it, which takes a while. Ticking it means that you avoid the loading times for the graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, ok.

Thanks for the help. icon14.gif

Originally posted by jsar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsar:

Still Webstie Error

Anyway, I've let him know so hopefully your update should be able to be made soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good idea icon_biggrin.gif nope i forgot all about that will do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please dont moan about the website on this forum, im pretty sure it just annoys evreyone else and I dont check the forum evreyday. Also I tend to have to skim-read alot of stuff so even if something is posted here I might miss it.

I tend to respond to all emails whithin 24 hours (other than weekend) so use the contact form on the site. icon_smile.gif I'll look into that bug now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

JIMBO

loved the superkyle story icon_smile.gif

That's the kind of attachment i can feel myself making with Andy Caton at the moment...

For anyone else that missed it. icon_wink.gif

I'd love Allan to find a place for that on his website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll see what I can do Jimbo icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrishunt1212:

Does anyone know of a place to get logos and kits for Mangotsfield and other lower leagues teams?

Have a look on the dafuge challenge website for the logos. icon14.gif

Not sure about the kits, I suppose dafuge will sort you on that one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now available in the downloads section of the website.

Originally posted by spankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

spankie. Is there any chance you could send me the file you have for the attribute colours? or direct me to where I can get it from.

It's not a file, I use Ackter's Metallic Skin as it's much better on my old eyes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, thanks.

I quite like the attribute colours.

Hendon - Coca Cola Championship - 2015/2016 Season Review

FA Cup

Well I was pleased to have a decent run this year & got to the 6th round where I was beaten 3-0 by Portsmouth. The highlight came though in the 5th round where I managed to get possibly as lucky as I ever will be as we beat Everton 3-2 at Goodison park. They totally dominated most of the play but with a makeshift back 4 it was clear they couldn't defend to save themselves & a MOM performance by Bradley Wright-Phillips who got a hat-trick was enough to send us through.

League Cup

We got drawn to Luton in the 1st round which we won comfortably 2-0 to set up a tie against Nottingham Forest where we drew 0-0 & managed to win 4-3 on penalties to send us through to the 3rd round. We were sent to premiership team Ipswich Town & lost 1-0 but really could have gone totally different, they needed an own goal by Dutch youngster Mark Blind just after half time who then went on to get sent off in the 61st minute but we still seemed to be the better side but couldn't score & went out the cup.

Coca Cola Championship

Well I saved the best until last & given my performances against premiership sides in the cup I think it was clear my team was performing much much better this season in the league. We started off great getting a win in our fisrt game of the season against Plymouth & followed that up with 2 draws to give me confidence we'd do ok. Straight after that we lost 3 games on the trot to Southampton, Blackburn & Leyton Orient which hit hard, although it hit hard when I look back now I have to admit that it wasnt no surprise as both Southampton & Leyton Orient had both been relegated from the Premier league & Blackburn the season before.

From that moment on our form was very much have 3 good games & then 3 average games, back to 3 good games & then 3 more average games. We found it really hard to string a long run together & this was giving me the thought we'd struggle to get a play off spot unless we sorted this out. My biggest problem was that we really didn't score many goals when compared to the number of chances we were creating & I opted to push my attacking central midfielder forward & my defensive one back into a diamond formation in hope I may get a few more goals from him. I also decided that Rui Forte would be given that role & I moved Dean Parrett back into the deeper role to play the passes about. This is probably the key for how the season ended as Rui Forte literally took the last half of the season by storm scoring 13 goals & making 10 assists in 24 games.

We immediately started to test teams defences more this way & when my strikers struggled to score often it was Rui Forte who popped up with a goal to get the result we wanted. Massive praise still has to be given to club favourite Dag Alexander Olsen who scored 30 goals from 46 appearances to be my top goalscorer but he made a great partnership with Bradley Wright-Phillips who got 24 goals from 53 appearances.

My defence was really solid throughout the whole season & I was very pleased with that, opting to play with a wide 4 in midfielder instead of my usual narrow really paid dividends as we didn't concede nowhere near as many goals as we did last year from wide positions. Curtis Obeng still impresses me everytime I feel he may get caught out & was awesome at centre back for me with an average of 7.18 over 56 games, However I do feel the best part of this was goalkeeper Ricardo Batista who was absolutely superb for me this season & managed to get himself 6 MOM even though I personally feel he deserved alot more then this as he kept teams at bay purely by himself at times it seemed. He also earnt himself a call up to the Portuguese national side as there 3rd goalkeeper so really pleased for him.

So we get to where we ended up, well with 10 games left we were right in there with a shout for the play offs & it was sooooo closed I really believed we could have got from 3rd-10th place depending on how the last set of games went. We were weakened during this stage as Olsen missed 4 of my last 10 league games through injury & those games were infact the ones we struggled with but our form was superb for the rest of them & we managed to nick 6th place right at the end 4-3 win against Newcastle who were left wondering whats going on as they came 17th in the league!

I was desperately wanting to avoid Leyton Orient as everything I tried against them this season failed miserably & they defeated us twice. I was given the tie against Crystal Palace in the semi-finals & I was quite happy with that as I felt confident I could beat them over 2 legs as they were never that good against me in the league games. The other semi-final was Norwich vs Leyton Orient which pleased me, I hoped Norwich would win as I knew they couldn't handle me when I counter attacked them in the league game in the run in, 1 game would be anyones & I believed they were my real hope of getting promoted if I should get into the final.

The first leg was at Hendon Park & with a packed stadium to full capacity it was a close game, I knew if we just stuck at it we'd create enough chances to hopefully get the better of them as we won 1-0 thanks to a Dag Alexander Olsen goal just before half time. The bad news was he then got injured in the 2nd half & would miss the 2nd leg which gave me big worries as I felt we needed him for his goal threat to be able to poach a goal at there place.

So off we went for the second leg at Selhurst Park with a 1-0 advantage to ourselves knowing we could defend if we had to & had the ability to nick a goal at the other end. I decided to bring in Mark Blind for this game as my DMC as he would provide more cover for my defence then Dean Parrett would, I shifted Parrett into the attacking midfield role & pushed Rui Forte up front to partner Bradley Wright-Phillips. They started really well & had 4 chances in the first 15 minutes that left me on the edge of my seat, I realised I had to try & counter them as they were all out attack against me it seemed as they pressed me really high up the pitch & were creating gaps behind my defence far too easily. I dropped my defensive line & pulled Parrett back into a normal MC role whilst leaving Blind in his usual DMC role. I setup a slower less attacking style with counter attack in hope we'd soak the pressure up & when we get a chance up there end we might get a goal.

This worked a treat & we managed to only give them long range chances for the rest of the half as it seemed like one way traffic but I never really felt that they would score 1 goal let alone 2 so had hope we'd be ok. The second half kicked off & I left things the same, my defence were playing out of there skin & nothing I would do would stop them from creating chances as they were clearly desperate for a result. Batista made 2 crucial saves after half time & it was clear this wasnt going to be there day & that was compounded when Rui Fonte latched on to a long ball to put us 1-0 up after 67 minutes. I knew then that was it as they'd need to get 3 goals & decided to bring the hard working Wright-Phillips off & both wingers who were on yellow cards. We conceeded a goal after this but held on for a 1-1 draw to send us into the final.

The final was then setup with Norwich who had beaten Leyton Orient 7-3 on agg in the other semi final, I was pleased with this as I knew if I played the same style that earnt me a win during the run in of the season we'd have a great chance. They always seem to be far too attacking for me & if you try to attack them they just rip you to shreds with the ability of there strikers, but when you counter attack them with a strong defensive setup they lose that cutting edge & you have the chance to score on the break. I knew my plan, my players knew my plan & now it just had to be done, it would be ugly & it would need 100% hard work from everyone in my team if it was going to work.

The first half was exactly as I expected it with only 5 shots being made on goal by both teams, it was ugly & the commentator didn't seem best pleased at half time but I quite frankly didn't care, my job was to make sure my team had the best chance to get a result then try to please him & get hammered for my troubles! No sooner had the second half kicked off & a mix-up in there defence left Bradley Wright-Phillips with a great chance to score from inside the box, GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL the crowd go mental, the attendance was 89897 but at that stage it seemed like every single one was a Dons fan!

I sat back & knew this could be it, my plan was working to a treat & the Norwich players were in shock, so shocked it seemed that they set about in panic to get the goal back. I was pleased to see there strikers shooting from anywhere, didn't matter if it was 30 yards out they had decided to panic & shoot, this pleased me as either a mistake would be needed or a goal of the season be scored for them to peg me back. Just sit back I though, if hey want to shoot from there let them & it was clear there strikers didnt like being given no space to run into as they had resulted to this.

10 minutes of this made it appear like they'd hammered us in terms of chances created but in reality they really had sucked when it came to shooting. After 60 minutes there fitness seemed to lower & we took over, slick passing & great movement by the midfield started to open things up & Rui Fonte latched on to a great one two with Olsen to put us 2-0 up in the 63rd minute, I was so overcome by joy as this was just how I wanted it to go, ugly football but clinical finishing to put us in the premiership.

We conceeded a goal in the 90th minute when they went to a 343 formation but it didn't matter, the job was done & the whistle went, hearing the Dons fans going a bit mental in the stands was a joy to behold, truly a memory we'll all live to remember!

2015/2016 Coca Cola Championship Table

Hendon Squad

Hendon Transfers 2015/2016

Play Off Final

Hendon Finances

(On a small note I would advise anyone who gets a new stadium to stop & wait for the patch before carrying on, it is absolutely impossible unless you're in the premier league to be making £6m a season profit just to keep playing this loan)

Chelmsford City 11/12 League 2

I installed the beta patch, and my tactic pretty much stopped working. After a couple of games of experimenting I came up with a really weird 4312 formation that looks like a christmas tree more than anything else - but it certainly seems to be bringing about good results.

Tactic

The season did not start the best possible way, but after the tactics change, things went smoothly my team mostly hovering just in and out of the playoff places. All the top teams were very close to each other not many points separating them. The final fifth saw Chelsmford to challenge for automatic promotion places. It already began to look like Chelms were to be promoted, but a small disaster became very close. I lost 3 last games of the season. Only by what I see as a stroke of luck, the most dangerous adversary, Yeovil, also hit bad form and lost 2 of their last 3 games. Chelmsford 3rd and thus promoted.

Table

Graph

Squad

Transfers

Important player

Alex Valentini

There is no biz like show biz in Accy Stanley way

Robbie Williams & Danny Glover

Originally posted by Allan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Still Webstie Error

good idea icon_biggrin.gif nope i forgot all about that will do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please dont moan about the website on this forum, im pretty sure it just annoys evreyone else and I dont check the forum evreyday. Also I tend to have to skim-read alot of stuff so even if something is posted here I might miss it.

I tend to respond to all emails whithin 24 hours (other than weekend) so use the contact form on the site. icon_smile.gif I'll look into that bug now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

JIMBO

loved the superkyle story icon_smile.gif

That's the kind of attachment i can feel myself making with Andy Caton at the moment...

For anyone else that missed it. icon_wink.gif

I'd love Allan to find a place for that on his website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll see what I can do Jimbo icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrishunt1212:

Does anyone know of a place to get logos and kits for Mangotsfield and other lower leagues teams?

Have a look on the dafuge challenge website for the logos. icon14.gif

Not sure about the kits, I suppose dafuge will sort you on that one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now available in the downloads section of the website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry mate icon_biggrin.gif

Well done to be promoted to the Premier Division Spurs. I'm right behind you! icon_wink.gif

Have to see what my board will do with my team Chelmsford's stadium, should I ever get that far. Its already way too small (3000) and I'm currently in League 1.

Chippenham Town Season 4 2011/2012 Blue Square South

Hi all, My tactical nightmare has continued. I have missed out on promotion via the play offs again! Season started well. Tom and Super kyle up front scoring goals for fun, but still conceding. My league progress has been steady and just for a few silly draws in the last couple of games i would of been promoted.

But such is life ! I have been given a new contract which is great, BUT the board now want the league title. So have HAD to agree to it for this season.

So this is make or break for me now.

Here are my seasons screenies!

Table

Squad

Transfers

Play off Semi 1

Play off semi 2

Star Player

Manager of the Month 1

Manager of the month 2

Mangotsfield 2010-2011 BS Premier End of Season Review

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible because i'm quite tired and might get some sleep.

First thing I had to do in pre season was to eradicate some of the dead wood in my team, and try and improve the squad in general so here's my wheeling and dealings and was hoping these players coming in would be something of an improvement.

The season started off extremely slowly, with no goals scored in the opening 4 games, with 1 draw and three defeats. This left me in dead last, just as I was predicted. Then Cheltneham, my feeder club sent me him and instantly my teams fortunes began to change.

I proceeded to go on and win the following 11 games pushing me right into the playoff positions where I managed to keep myself in and around during the season. I was lucky really because when I was dropping points, all the teams around me were dropping points too, so even when we had a slump and lost six in a row, I was only 3 points from the playoff positions, which we duly pulled back and ended the season in te playoff's.

This is the squad that got me into the playoffs, and will hopefully gain me promotion. Also this player was a legend during the whole season, scoring almost for fun at this level, and attracting league 1 teams. Might have a battle on my hands to keep him here next season though.

Just about to play my playoff now against Rushden, and will keep everybody posted as soon as I play every game.

Wish me luck icon14.gif

Originally posted by Storzy:

I'm calling it a day for this challenge untill well get the next patch at least. I just can't face a long term game with it as it is.

Storzy. I'm just killing time with it until I can restart because the more I play the more I get into debt and I will get the right arse if they sack me.

Maybe just play a little less seriously than you normally do if that's possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Storzy:

I'm calling it a day for this challenge untill well get the next patch at least. I just can't face a long term game with it as it is.

Storzy. I'm just killing time with it until I can restart because the more I play the more I get into debt and I will get the right arse if they sack me.

Maybe just play a little less seriously than you normally do if that's possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree here, this confidence bug is really annoying, but with the beta patch it seems to have improved, only making any sort of money is impossible, and my board are "deeply saddened by the state of the clubs finances"

I have tried everything in my power to get myself out of this mess, but so far no luck... Oh well I carry on in vein and hope icon_biggrin.gif

Archived