FM10: Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Thread - :: Sleeping Giant :: -

JackEdwards

thats what im using and everything going to hoffs head, he had 5 in 3 before he got injured. doyle has 3 in 5 and seb 3 in 3, nice strikeforce to rotate, even vokes got 2 in the cup. looking forward to the season now and then to the youths =] i loooooove youngsters

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far so good.

3 games in and I've beaten Fulham 3-1 & Sunderland 3-0 and drew with Man city 1-1 (away).

Saha and Doyle looking good up front and Tosic is great on the left, scoring 2 and getting 1 assist so far.

Cue the curse of posting good news...

I'm amazed at how quickly some of you have got through your first seasons, I haven't even reached December yet :D

In any case, all is starting to come together for me. Initially, I was getting some encouraging results, but I just couldn't get the wins on the board, but recently I've managed to win my last two league matches against Blackburn and Aston Villa, so things are certainly looking up. I'm playing with an Arsenal-esque system (4 defenders, 2 CMs, 3 across the AM line (2 wingers) and a lone striker).

For those who are struggling with the fullback situation, I've signed Ansaldi and Masilela, and both are performing very consistently.

As for the original Wolves players, Milijas has been immense in the centre of midfield, whilst Kightly has done a great job on the wing with a huge number of assists. Doyle has also done well up front, as has WH in goal.

Finally, I'm really excited about the two young guys I've got, James Rodriguez and Romelu Lukaku. Rodriguez is playing AMC for me and doing a really good job for an 18 year-old, whereas Lukaku has got a couple of games through injury and has scored in the EPL as a 16 year-old, so things are looking bright for the future.

i play

gk

dr dc dc dl

cm cm

amr aml

fc fc

and it does alright for me. i went for lukaku and he went to fiorentina he looks a good prospect, also rodriquez has gone juve =[ unfortunatly. doing alright im 10th after 18games its all tight in the middle a few wins or defeats can see me go up to about 4th and down to about 16 i hope its the wins i get =] got lpool and chelsea next so doubt it =[ doyle is a machine btw and so is milijas what a player

Just commenting on the performance of Nenad Mijlas in the game i think he's stats for passing and shooting espically with free kicks should be alot better than already on the game this needs to be changed in the data update also maehoffer in the game is shocking I now he aint been great for wolves yet but his time will come his stats are really poor when actually once he settles he'll be a lot better, i advise this be addressed.

Had problems settling on a tactic, so i was 19th :(

BUT ive finally got a good tactic,

Since the tactic change

Liverpool away won 3-1

Hull drew 1-1

Arsenal away won 3-1

Pompey won 2-1

Burnley away 4-4

Gone from 19th to 15th in that time :D just 3 more games to go so hopefully wont get dragged back into the relegation battle..

I agree that Doyle is a monster. He is an ABSOLUTE GOAL MACHINE. I started a new game and the first game of the season....

Played Liverpool away.

He scored 4!

We lost 5-4

Torres turned us inside out but what a match..

Doyle hasn't been as good for me, however he still has a pretty tidy goal scoring record.

His in-game description of 'powerful striker' is definitely apt though, he's a bit of a beast.

i play

gk

dr dc dc dl

cm cm

amr aml

fc fc

and it does alright for me. i went for lukaku and he went to fiorentina he looks a good prospect, also rodriquez has gone juve =[ unfortunatly. doing alright im 10th after 18games its all tight in the middle a few wins or defeats can see me go up to about 4th and down to about 16 i hope its the wins i get =] got lpool and chelsea next so doubt it =[ doyle is a machine btw and so is milijas what a player

I overpaid for Lukaku so Liverpool wouldn't get him, but I have to say it has been worth it.

With my two best strikers injured, he has been getting quite a bit of time and is scoring quite readily. He even managed to collect third in young player of the month as a 16 year old :thup:

Had problems settling on a tactic, so i was 19th :(

BUT ive finally got a good tactic,

Since the tactic change

Liverpool away won 3-1

Hull drew 1-1

Arsenal away won 3-1

Pompey won 2-1

Burnley away 4-4

Gone from 19th to 15th in that time :D just 3 more games to go so hopefully wont get dragged back into the relegation battle..

It is strange how you can get those epic results against the big teams, and then struggle to get the win against smaller teams.

In my game, I won against Chelsea 2-1 away from home, and the next game Bolton smashed me 3-0. I suppose the uncertainty is what makes the game fun to play though.

On your game, it looks like you are clear of relegation for now, best of luck for the final three games :thup:

Survived :D

Been giving 23M just to avoid relegation

Got Deco on a free so far

23M :eek:

Did you have much left over from the previous season?

Hopefully I'll be receiving a similar figure at year's end, although that is still a fair way off given that I'm still in January.

Congrats on avoiding the drop too :thup:

started my wolves game the other night pre-season has been good so far got blackburn first game of the season. playing a standard 4-5-1 trying to keep it simple

sold the championship deadwood (wont be needing them anymore)

D Ward

S Ward

M Hill

Dan Jones

M Little

made 3 million on those

Also swapped Stearman for Morton Gamst Pedersen

also bought

Trainios Dellas for 500k

Lee Naylor on Loan lol

so i still have a lot to spend if anyone has any decent suggestions

Im playing a wide 4-1-2-1-2

it goes like this

-----------------------------------------WH-------------------------------------------

-----FOLEY-----------------TORE REG------------WALDO PONCE-------------ANSALDI---

----------------------------------------ANNAN-----------------------------------------

IGNACIO SCOCCO-----------------------------------------------------------VICENTE---

-------------------------------------RIVALDO------------------------------------------

--------------------------RONALDO-----------------KIKIN FONSECA---------------------

In the begining team really stuggled to gel, but getting better, kikin fonseca 7 goals in 6(3) and ronaldo 6 goals in 8 matches.

I took lead agaisnt man utd 1-0, but in last ten minuted they scored 2 goals! :mad:

And agasint chelsea took lead 2-0 in first 30 mins, then they scored another 3 on the trott to go up 3-2 but then i scored to make it 3-3 in the 85th minute and in the 94th minute BLOODY JOHN TERRY POPS UIP WITH ONE!!!!!!! :mad:

i have been involved in 3 4:3 matches won 2 lost 1!

Any way loving this one, coming in at January are Jadson and Beckham!

Post more later. :thup:

After some experimenting I have started my save.

Few changes to the DB (Marlon King banned, few tweaks to PA, not major tho, added DR to Zubar)

Made quite a few signings as always, and its looking good so far. had to address the issue on the left straight away, and AMC is an important position for me too. Also wanted cover for Kightly on right. Also sold off a lot who I deemed not Premier worthy.

Sold

G.Friend - Forest 650k

D.Ward - Derby 725k

David Jones - Ipswich 2.2m

S.Ward - QPR 2.2m

Daniel Jones - Notts C - 325k

Mark little - Hartlepool Loan

Carl Ikeme - hearts Loan 100k

A.Surnam - Newcastle P/Ex

Brought

A.Di Maria - Benfica 4.5m

J.Garrido - Man City 2.1m

J.A Albin - Getafe 9.0mil

I.Shilla - Free

Stephen Taylor - Newcastle 3.0mil + Surman

G.Lux - 2mil

R.Van der Vaart - R.Madrid loan

N.Barazite - Arsenal loan

Bernardo - Cruzeiro loan

j>Rodriguez - Banfield 1.0mil

J.Cristaldo - Velez 1.4m

J.Fleck - Rangers loan

Had to spread the payments over long periods for some deals, and use clauses etc. Albin & Di Maria said they weren't interested, yet still signed to my delight.

Playing a 4-3-1-2 with Wingers, and its going quite well 3 games into season 1win 1 loss 1 draw, but great performances. lost Milijas to injury though.

will update later

Well im finished my first season. Yes it went very very well after all. Picked up massive away wins to Arsenal 4-1 and Man Utd 3-0. This form kept itself from November right to the finish line.

League:

league0910.jpg

Heres how the first team looks before any changes for the new season:

teamjun10.jpg

Kevin Doyle, decent goalscorer:

doylehistory0910.jpg

Anyone try out this fella from the 18s when they were stuck? Believe me its worth it:

mendezlaingjune10.jpg

So going into the new season im thinkin with 36 million to spend, and the money I shall recoup from selling the likes of Vokes ( who requested leave ) I may buy a superstar striker if I can and a playmaker to compete with Skjelbred. Definitely a center back since the exit of Mancienne back to Chelsea and a left back wouldnt be a bad idea either.

23M :eek:

Did you have much left over from the previous season?

Hopefully I'll be receiving a similar figure at year's end, although that is still a fair way off given that I'm still in January.

Congrats on avoiding the drop too :thup:

i'd spent all of my money from the season before

Congrats on doing so well in your first season McNuggetâ, Nathaniel Mendez-Liang looks to have developed amazingly, how did you train him so quick? I wounder what his PA is.

Ive just completed my 1st season and managed to come 9th. At work at the moment so dont have much information to hand. Milijas performed amazing though, so recommend anyone to keep him in the team. I also loaned V.Weiss from Manchester City, really promising young midfielder, managed to sign him for £5.5 million at the end of the season.

Starting pre-season later - Im thinking of buying young British talent, stick with the ethos of young and hungry we have a wolves. Need a new defensive midfielder who could possibly become club captain, i was thinking Cattermole - can anyone shed some light on how is fairs on this football manager. Other British talents im looking at include Mattock, Gibbs, Shelvey. Thinking this could turn out like Martin O' Neill's Villa and buying all the under 21 talent though, but guessing thats not such a bad thing though :)

After some experimenting I have started my save.

Few changes to the DB (Marlon King banned, few tweaks to PA, not major tho, added DR to Zubar)

Made quite a few signings as always, and its looking good so far. had to address the issue on the left straight away, and AMC is an important position for me too. Also wanted cover for Kightly on right. Also sold off a lot who I deemed not Premier worthy.

Sold

G.Friend - Forest 650k

D.Ward - Derby 725k

David Jones - Ipswich 2.2m

S.Ward - QPR 2.2m

Daniel Jones - Notts C - 325k

Mark little - Hartlepool Loan

Carl Ikeme - hearts Loan 100k

A.Surnam - Newcastle P/Ex

Brought

A.Di Maria - Benfica 4.5m

J.Garrido - Man City 2.1m

J.A Albin - Getafe 9.0mil

I.Shilla - Free

Stephen Taylor - Newcastle 3.0mil + Surman

G.Lux - 2mil

R.Van der Vaart - R.Madrid loan

N.Barazite - Arsenal loan

Bernardo - Cruzeiro loan

j>Rodriguez - Banfield 1.0mil

J.Cristaldo - Velez 1.4m

J.Fleck - Rangers loan

Had to spread the payments over long periods for some deals, and use clauses etc. Albin & Di Maria said they weren't interested, yet still signed to my delight.

Playing a 4-3-1-2 with Wingers, and its going quite well 3 games into season 1win 1 loss 1 draw, but great performances. lost Milijas to injury though.

will update later

when Di Maria said 'not interested' how did you overcome that? Also how did you get Van der Vaart on loan FFS?

Here is my second season squad. Looking to finish around 10th.

wolverhamptonwanderers.th.png

I am very dissapointed the way the defence is going, I think I need to sharpen the left side up a little bit and maybe get another solid CB as Caldwell is not very good. Well he is good but very shaky. I play Gignac as target man and Riquelme as playmaker. Both are really good players. Deco has not played in the Prem yet. Injuries :rolleyes: . D'Allesandro is also very good, chips in with a few goals and plenty of assists. Suprisingly Kris Boyd is playing well, but Kev Doyle is far superior to him, as soon as he gets fully fit he will be banging in the goals until im Champions League.

when Di Maria said 'not interested' how did you overcome that? Also how did you get Van der Vaart on loan FFS?

I just offered him the terms that came up as default (around 26kpw) and amazingly he accepted.

As for Van Der Vaart, he's transfer listed so I put an offer in for him with a loan fee of 1.3mil 40% wages and future fee of 6.5mil, lazio and Galatasary came in too, and I didnt expect him to join but he did

I just offered him the terms that came up as default (around 26kpw) and amazingly he accepted.

As for Van Der Vaart, he's transfer listed so I put an offer in for him with a loan fee of 1.3mil 40% wages and future fee of 6.5mil, lazio and Galatasary came in too, and I didnt expect him to join but he did

That's pretty amazing, I tried for both of those players and neither had any interest in joining the club.

Nice job ;)

I am very dissapointed the way the defence is going, I think I need to sharpen the left side up a little bit and maybe get another solid CB as Caldwell is not very good. Well he is good but very shaky. I play Gignac as target man and Riquelme as playmaker. Both are really good players. Deco has not played in the Prem yet. Injuries :rolleyes: . D'Allesandro is also very good, chips in with a few goals and plenty of assists. Suprisingly Kris Boyd is playing well, but Kev Doyle is far superior to him, as soon as he gets fully fit he will be banging in the goals until im Champions League.

You have a very good squad there with a fair bit of quality across the park, so I don't think you'll have too many issues making the top half of the EPL.

Riquelme is an absolute superstar in this year's version, if he hadn't already agreed a deal with Bayern I would have loved to have signed him.

save game broke =[ upset i was 9th....

new game and already causing trouble ha sold little and the fans are angry at it =[ god i had everything all set up perfect on my old game too.

That's really bad luck, hopefully you can get back up to speed shortly :thup:

signed bruno verratti, what a class kid he looks

Yeah, he does look like a good kid, I was thinking of signing him but I had other areas to attend to first (such as the horrific full-back situation :p).

It will be interesting to see how he develops for you.

Having some great results against the big teams this season.

Liverpool 3-0 (h)

Chelsea 2-1 (a)

Man U 1-1 (a)

Arsenal 2-1 (h)

Man U were lucky to get a late equaliser, the Aresnal result was really satisfying. Dominating the first half, infront of 42,000 in the newly expanded Molineux. Kleber and Defederico took a while to gel but are doing great now. Kleber is using the deeplying forward role and Defederico as a poacher...both are getting plenty of assists and getting into the box too. Allthough I have to say quite a few of the assists are them getting fouled around the box so Milijas can knock in the freekicks.

I would suggest anyone short on cash looking for a CB to look at Nelson Cabrera, he only cost me 575k and is on 1700 a week wages but he's well up to the job.

Having some great results against the big teams this season.

Liverpool 3-0 (h)

Chelsea 2-1 (a)

Man U 1-1 (a)

Arsenal 2-1 (h)

Man U were lucky to get a late equaliser, the Aresnal result was really satisfying. Dominating the first half, infront of 42,000 in the newly expanded Molineux. Kleber and Defederico took a while to gel but are doing great now. Kleber is using the deeplying forward role and Defederico as a poacher...both are getting plenty of assists and getting into the box too. Allthough I have to say quite a few of the assists are them getting fouled around the box so Milijas can knock in the freekicks.

I would suggest anyone short on cash looking for a CB to look at Nelson Cabrera, he only cost me 575k and is on 1700 a week wages but he's well up to the job.

Some very good results there, hopefully I can do the same as I think I play at least 3 of the big 4 teams to finish off my season.

My CB bargain was Lolo from Sevilla, at 1.1M he is doing a great job at the back. I also managed to get Gareth Bale in a part-exchange deal for Stearman, as Spurs seemed to be desperate for CBs in January. My only other signing was Kryvtsov, who looks to be a really impressive prospect at CB, but he'll still need a little work.

Very much looking to the future with my transfer dealings (aside from the Ronaldo signing) and I think I'm starting to build a pretty solid foundation with the likes of Bale, Rodriguez, Lukaku, Kryvtsov and WH.

How are you all finding Kightly?

He is absolutely immense for me.

started my wolves game the weekend and took a gamble on sol campbell and i must say he has been class for me in my first 3 games, MOM in two of them. started with a shakey performance away at Everton and lost 3-2 but my next two results won 2-1 home to burnley and 2-1 away at wigan. any body else looked at big Sol??

Also managed to sign John Fleck from rangers as jarvo yet again is underated in my opinion. picked up benjani also from city but he is yet to feature as SEB and Doyler have both scored in each of my games.

one thing i must admit to and as a season ticket holder at the wolves i am a little ashamed of myself seeing the pound signs for our player of last year Kevin Foley, QPR came in with a bid of 5.2m and as we have got Stearman and Mancienne after much thought i decided to let him go. please forgive me fellow wolves fans

one thing i must admit to and as a season ticket holder at the wolves i am a little ashamed of myself seeing the pound signs for our player of last year Kevin Foley, QPR came in with a bid of 5.2m and as we have got Stearman and Mancienne after much thought i decided to let him go. please forgive me fellow wolves fans

for 5.3 million im sure anyone could forgive you.... im pretty sure fans would take 5 mil for him irl too

Nice thread!

Only just started playing so still in pre-season (some of us have work and kids to contend with!).

I like to play an attacking 4-4-2 - bought Krivets for £1.3m as cover for both flanks, Di Maria for £2m initial with £2.3m over 24 months (my big spend!), Shilla for free and Enyeama(sp) for £220k. Got rid of Edwards, Jones (both), BCI, Ward, Craddock (god bless), Matt Hill, Stephen Ward and Mark Little (fans weren't happy with me).

Looking forward to more tonight....

Why would you want to get rid of Edwards? I didn't use him at first, admittedly, but an injury crisis bumped him up and and he finished the first season scoring 14 in 10 apps from an AMC position helping us to finish 9th in the league. I am 5 games into the new season and he has already scored 4, including 2 away at Chelsea with an average rating of 7.95. :)

In fact on the current performances its hard to replace much of the original squad, and with the improvements i am seeing to Vokes and Keogh i am focusing on bringing in younger prospects like John Fleck and Jonjo Shelvey.

Why would you want to get rid of Edwards? I didn't use him at first, admittedly, but an injury crisis bumped him up and and he finished the first season scoring 14 in 10 apps from an AMC position helping us to finish 9th ninth in the league. I am 5 games into the new season and he has already scored 4, including 2 away at Chelsea with an average rating of 7.95. :)

In fact on the current performances its hard to replace much of the original squad, and with the improvements i am seeing to Vokes and Keogh i am focusing on bringing in younger prospects like John Fleck and Jonjo Shelvey.

Because I needed the cash for Di Maria and I don't play with an AMC. Glad he's done well for you though.

Oh...and he's a bit of a headless chicken.....;)

What is best role for Doyle and Ebanks striker partnership ?

I play Ebanks - Poacher ( attack ) , Doyle - Target Man ( Support )

Not really work

The best way to put them is Ebanks Blake deep lying attacker and Doyle as advanced forward. This works better because Doyle is a better finisher. Scored 19 in 30 I think for me first season... For some reason Ebanks Blake is better shooting from distance. Hope this helps.

What is best role for Doyle and Ebanks striker partnership ?

I play Ebanks - Poacher ( attack ) , Doyle - Target Man ( Support )

Not really work

i play Doyle as advanced and ebanks blake as a deep lying forward

its working so far after 3 games they are both on 3 goals

Seems I jinxed myself, after my last post I lost both my strikers to injury, put it this way Vokes and Hoff do not work as a partnership if you play without wingers. Dropped out of the cup to Sunderland at the semis, stole a draw against West Brom, but I fear that December and January have killed any hopes of European football next season, especially as I played almost nothing but home matches over this period.

Only silver lining is how much better I felt when Kleber returned and we spanked Man City 4-1, shame we cant do the same against any team in the bottom half of the table.

After a 2-0 win against Bolton away, the most important game of the season has arrived.

If I can win against Tottenham, I should be able to qualify for European competition at their expense, but if I lose then things will be very difficult, given my difficult run home.

My major problem is that James Rodriguez, who just won his first cap for Columbia courtesy of a great season for Wolves, is still tired from international duty, so I'll have to play either Verratti or Kevin Doyle at AMC, which is by no means ideal. In any case, an intriguing match awaits, so I better get to it :thup:

EDIT: At 1-1 the game froze, so that was somewhat of an anti-climax :D

after losing 6-0 at home to Man City last night having had milijas, doyle and stearman sent off and SEB go off injured with no further subs to bring on in his place i threw a bit of a strop and slammed my laptop shut. once i had cooled off i opened it again only to find a black screen, i then crashed my laptop and loaded the game up again only for it to say that the file was corrupt anybody know how i could get this back???

Playing a 4-1-3-2 formation at against weaker teams and a 4-5-1 against the stronger

--------Maierhoffer--Doyle----------

Milijas---Hamann--Jones/Edwards

---------------Castillo------------------

Garrido--Zubar--Otamendi--Foley

-----------Hennessey-----------------

-------------------Doyle----------------------

-Jarvis--Henry--Milijas--Castillo--Kightly-

Garrido--Zubar--Otamendi/Berra--Foley

--------------Hennessey---------------------

wolverhamptonwanderers.th.png

How do you use Gignac? i bought him soo can you tell me? :thup:

Archived