FM10: Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Thread - :: Sleeping Giant :: -

JackEdwards

how are nathaniel m-laing and hemmings doing for you guys? they seem to be progressing and playing well for me even though im only a few weeks into my first season... looks very promising for the future

Neither of them have really kicked on for me, but I haven't really put enough effort into developing them properly, so they could be much better than they are for me, or at least I would imagine that to be the case.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how are nathaniel m-laing and hemmings doing for you guys? they seem to be progressing and playing well for me even though im only a few weeks into my first season... looks very promising for the future

M-Lang is doing ok, im going to loan him out i hope in jan...the one for me atm is James Spray? hes scoring left right and centre, anyone else finding this?

I'm about halfway through my second season, currently sitting in 8th place (I was 4th after winning 5-4 at Manchester United a couple weeks ago). Here's my squad:

GK: Enyeama, Hennessey

LB: Pernia, Magnin

CB: Miranda, McManus

CB: Otamendi, Zubar

RB: Diego Renan, Halford

LM: Adu, Fleck

CM: Beckham, Lolo

CM: Milijas, Deco

RM: Kightly, Salvio

ST: Keogh, Ebanks-Blake

ST: Maierhofer, Vokes/Doyle

Out on loan: Papadapolous, Pepper, Muniain, Verrati

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my squad, although I'll have to restock my center midfield and left back sooner rather than later. I'm thinking about selling Vokes simply because there's not enough room on my squad for him, Doyle, and Maierhofer to all get a lot of minutes, and he seems like the guy I could get the most money for. I'd definitely advise picking up Mariano Pernia in January, if you can. I signed him for around $500,000, and he's been great. Enyeama is another player who you can buy real cheap and is absolute class. Keogh has been amazing for me this season, 16 goals in 13 games so far. Last season Milijas scored 14 in my last 10 to keep the team around midtable. If I end up selling Vokes, I'll look to buy another outside back because Pernia and Magnin are both getting up there in age (33 and 31 right now).

M-Lang is doing ok, im going to loan him out i hope in jan...the one for me atm is James Spray? hes scoring left right and centre, anyone else finding this?

James Spray was always dominating in the U18s squad, every match report would say he was the standout.

Although I forgot to offer him a new contract, so he decided to leave and isn't interested in coming back.

I'm about halfway through my second season, currently sitting in 8th place (I was 4th after winning 5-4 at Manchester United a couple weeks ago). Here's my squad:

GK: Enyeama, Hennessey

LB: Pernia, Magnin

CB: Miranda, McManus

CB: Otamendi, Zubar

RB: Diego Renan, Halford

LM: Adu, Fleck

CM: Beckham, Lolo

CM: Milijas, Deco

RM: Kightly, Salvio

ST: Keogh, Ebanks-Blake

ST: Maierhofer, Vokes/Doyle

Out on loan: Papadapolous, Pepper, Muniain, Verrati

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my squad, although I'll have to restock my center midfield and left back sooner rather than later. I'm thinking about selling Vokes simply because there's not enough room on my squad for him, Doyle, and Maierhofer to all get a lot of minutes, and he seems like the guy I could get the most money for. I'd definitely advise picking up Mariano Pernia in January, if you can. I signed him for around $500,000, and he's been great. Enyeama is another player who you can buy real cheap and is absolute class. Keogh has been amazing for me this season, 16 goals in 13 games so far. Last season Milijas scored 14 in my last 10 to keep the team around midtable. If I end up selling Vokes, I'll look to buy another outside back because Pernia and Magnin are both getting up there in age (33 and 31 right now).

That's a pretty impressive squad, you've done pretty nicely with the allocated budget, and the LM position is looking particularly exciting.

Good to see someone else buying Lolo, he was very good for me and has the ability to cover the midfield as well as defence.

For CM, Defour, Annan and Rodwell have been very good for me. I also have Fabregas but that was just good luck that Arsenal had a bad year, which meant he had a bit of interest in joining Wolves.

Any of those guys should do a good job for you.

For LB, I have Gareth Bale and he is a very consistent performer. Ansaldi also plays naturally there, so I have those two as my starting fullbacks with Halford as back-up.

Good luck with your save :thup:

Wow, great result. I managed to beat Liverpool at home 2-1, Man Utd at home 3-1 and drew with Arsenal at home 3-3.. 6-0 that is excellent and yes I agree, this version is so far fantastic. So many neat little changes (even things like arranging friendlies is easier).

To add to my transfers I just spent £7m bringing in Mancienne on a permanent deal. Need class English players and he looks like he could become top quality.

This is my first season as Wolves, so far::D

My Best Result:

Wolves 3 - 0 Birmingham (aet)

Worst Result:

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Wolves

OK so I decided my buys were rubbish in the main and started again. So now I've got:

GK - Vilar (fffb), Hennessey

DR - Osorio, Foley

DL - Masilela, Pinto

DC - Stearman, Zubar, Shilla, Mancienne

MR - Kightly, Halford

ML - Skacel (surprisingly good), Jarvis

MC - Krivets, Linderoth, Milijas, Surman, Castillo

ST - Doyle, Mista (£0, and very good), Fonseca, Maierhofer, Vokes

I managed to shift all of the dead wood, which pleased me. Got no money left, but my team is set for the season, I reckon. Berra leaving for £2m + 20% to Newcastle in January but see no real need to spend.

I'm playing a 4-4-2 at home and 4-1-4-1 away, and am 8th in mid-October. I even beat Man U 1-0 at the Molineux, and only lost narrowly away to the 3 of the big 4. Pleasantly surprised.

edit - forgot Edwards, who has done well as cover for his AMRC role.

12M, so he was a little expensive, but he certainly improved my midfield.

quality signing, i have tried and failed with other wolves saves to sign him and Sakho from PSG but without sucess they always wanted insane money..

Im hopefully going to raise some funds in January of trying to get Wijlinum (SP) from fayenoord, quality player

sooo far league games in and id thought id give an update..

here are my final transfers... will not be making anymore and im very happy with them all.. except maybe samba who hasnt really performed so far, but its early days.

transfersi.th.jpg

these have been my results so far... take note of the two excellent results against the big teams .. liverpool and chelsea .. its just the slight hiccup of man city that spoils my perfect start :(

fixturesgy.th.jpg

this lad has got off to a flyer and his stats have shot up aswell... looking every bit the michael owen of the east tbh.. hasnt missed a one on one opportunity yet.. awesome

kaskov.th.jpg

quality signing, i have tried and failed with other wolves saves to sign him and Sakho from PSG but without sucess they always wanted insane money..

Im hopefully going to raise some funds in January of trying to get Wijlinum (SP) from fayenoord, quality player

Yeah, it was a pretty tidy buy. I also tried to sign Sakho but they wanted an amount that went a long way beyond my transfer budget.

Do you mean Wijnaldum? If so, I think he'd be a great buy. I haven't had him on this year's game, but I did buy him on FM09 and he turned into a wonderkid pretty quickly for me.

sooo far league games in and id thought id give an update..

here are my final transfers... will not be making anymore and im very happy with them all.. except maybe samba who hasnt really performed so far, but its early days.

these have been my results so far... take note of the two excellent results against the big teams .. liverpool and chelsea .. its just the slight hiccup of man city that spoils my perfect start :(

this lad has got off to a flyer and his stats have shot up aswell... looking every bit the michael owen of the east tbh.. hasnt missed a one on one opportunity yet.. awesome

That's a really impressive start, welshace:thup:

Kas'kov looks like an absolute star for his age, my young project player up forward is Lukaku, and he's starting to look very good a couple of season in.

Just a quick update:

I now have three wonderkids in my squad, and those are Jack Rodwell, Kryvtsov and James Rodriguez.

Also, I just had my best win ever, as I won against Barcelona, in first knockout stage of the CL, 3-1 with goals to Fabregas, Barreto and Lukaku.

Having said that, the second leg is away, so I will have to do a great job in order to qualify for the next round.

Just a quick update:

I now have three wonderkids in my squad, and those are Jack Rodwell, Kryvtsov and James Rodriguez.

Also, I just had my best win ever, as I won against Barcelona, in first knockout stage of the CL, 3-1 with goals to Fabregas, Barreto and Lukaku.

Having said that, the second leg is away, so I will have to do a great job in order to qualify for the next round.

How many seasons in are you?

what role should I be using for Doyle, SEB and Milijas?

Milijas definatly tell him to take as many long shots as possible...due to the long shot bug on the game...

Doyle i personally have as a deep lying forward attacking

SEB (again awfully underatted on FM10) poacher or advanced forward but i cant get him to preform for me at all so its normally a Doyle/Benjani front line for me. More than likely somone else has got him bangin in the goals tho....

Yeah, it was a pretty tidy buy. I also tried to sign Sakho but they wanted an amount that went a long way beyond my transfer budget.

Do you mean Wijnaldum? If so, I think he'd be a great buy. I haven't had him on this year's game, but I did buy him on FM09 and he turned into a wonderkid pretty quickly for me.

Yeah thats the one...i tried but failed, Feyanoord wanted somthing stupid like 10 mill upfront then another 10 over so many seasons...Eff them!!! :thdn:

SEB (again awfully underatted on FM10) poacher or advanced forward but i cant get him to preform for me at all so its normally a Doyle/Benjani front line for me. More than likely somone else has got him bangin in the goals tho....

Have you seen SEB's performances of late? Based on real life games he is a little over rated in the game :p

I had Doyle as deep-lying forward (support), SEB as poacher, both scored more than 1 per 2 games played, however Milijas was poor for me so perhaps its very hard to get all three banging them in?? (actually, those who've had success with Milijas what did u set him as??)

After telling myself that seeing as I almost made Europe in my first season I was going to have a consolidating summer window, I spent big!!

My squad now looks like this:

GK: Ochoa, Hennessey (why change when they were so brilliant last year!)

RB: Zapata (2M + 9M over 48 months), Halford (Zapata signing upset my CB's as they're paranoid he's taking their place!

LB: Ansaldi, Elokobi (same as last year)

CB: Burdisso(free), Berra, Andrade, Zubar (not clicked yet...)

DM: Thomson, Henry, Poulsen (loan) (Poulsen replaces Castillo, but alot more expensive!)

CM: Fellaini(2M + 10M over 48 months), Milijas (Fellaini not really settled, should come good...)

RM: Kites, Salvio, Krivets (Krivets actually fills in all over the pitch, Salvio already looks the part...)

LM: Buonanotte, Jarvis (biggest mistake was signing Buon - not cut out for LM imo)

ST: Milevskyi (1M + 5M over 48 months), Gignac(2.5M + 10M over 48 months), SEB, Doyle.

Milev (8 in 7) has been awesome! Gignac (8 in 11) started scoring as well, if only neither got injured...

Notable outs:

Reginiussen (7.5M UPFRONT from Zenit - all profit since got on a free in Jan)

Maierhofer (4.4M, most over 48 months)

Vokes (2M now, 5 over 48 months and 20% profit sell-on, funded Milevskyi)

Donovan (7.5M over 48 months - Offered upfront, club pulled out so then offered him out for same amount as I was now getting Buonanotte so I needed the space, also all profit)

Surman (1.2M loan fee)

Also, Shackell, Murray, Ward, Dave Jones for 6M in total, mostly over 48 months

I also REJECTED an 8.5M offer UPFRONT from Villa for Berra - having already lost Reg and with only a day of the window to go, didn't want to lose both my CB's from last year without sufficient time for a replacement. Now wish had kept Reg as he's better, but obv didn't know the Berra offer was coming at the time...

I'm currently 7th but leaking lots of goals, Zubar and Henry want to leave because of competition, but i'm scoring loads and hopefully once some signings settle down i'll be fit for Europe...

SEB is always pants for me. Not consistent at all. I am finding that a mass clear out is neccessary. Only Henners, Doyle, Kightly and maybe Milijas worth keeping

exactly the problem i have.

The only players ive managed to sell are Stephen Ward to Coventry and Darren Ward to Rangers total of like 1.9 mil.

I really want to get in Addison from Derby and Weitz from Standard...both accepted but have had to delay and hope to god that someone will buy Keogh,Craddock, Shackle...ect...

it all depends on what overall formation and tactics you are using.. but i use him as a center mid on support... i.e sits in the space and sprays passes around and takes long shots...

he doesnt have the strength to play a deep laying playmaker's role and isnt good enough for anything more advanced like amc imo...

just play around with him and see what you can do

SEB is always pants for me. Not consistent at all. I am finding that a mass clear out is neccessary. Only Henners, Doyle, Kightly and maybe Milijas worth keeping

Maybe I've just been lucky but SEB has been brilliant for me, details in my last post.

Stearman, Berra and Foley are all good enough, however I got great offers for all of them, the fact that Morgan let me reject an £8.5M bid for Berra should be enough to convince you that he's good enough!

Although I brought in Thomson, Castillo can do a solid job and Henry is a great captain, even if he's not too clever technically. Both Surman and Jarvis are surprisingly good on the wings if you set them up well, Mancienne looks awful but was a brilliant RB for me.

Add that to those you mentioned and all you need is a left back! Ansaldi was my pick...

When I get a long period of time to play over Christmas I might start again, but sign a max of 3 players in the first window - i seriously think the starting squad is nearly good enough for mid-table!

Other than long shots - i do not know what settings to give for Milijas - what type of midfielder is he as set out in the tactics generator?

I only had him for one year before Villa bought him from me, but I set im to box-to-box midfielder with support duty.

He was one of my better players in that season, so it might be worth trying him on that set of instructions.

I just won the CL :eek:

It was an amazing match, I was 4-3 up in ET against Man Utd, then Rooney scored in the 119th minute, so the match went to penalties.

It was 4-4 when Welbeck stepped up to take his spot kick, saved by Ochoa. Gareth Bale then calmly nestled the ball into the back of the net and that was that.

It has to be the best ever FM game I've played.

Further, I also won the EPL and the FA cup.

I was quite shocked to be honest, but bringing in Barreto and Morimoto in January really lifted my team.

I always used to read through these team threads and see people winning the league, the CL and the FA cup in one season and I thought to myself, no way this isn't possible, you always lose somewhere along the line, but for once I've managed to achieve it myself.

Good times :thup:

Osorio is doing very well for me at DR. Trains to cover DL as well.

I'm a couple of games before the end of Season 1 and am sitting in 8th. Pleasantly surprised. Vilar has been my best buy, but Mista, Pinto, Osorio and Linderoth have all done well. Of the pre-existing squad, Jarvis and Kightly have been good, as have the central defenders.

I've signed Burdisso and Riquelme on frees for next season.

For some reason I've lost 2-1 in every game against the Big Four. Can that be a coincidence or am I doing something wrong? My best result was a 7-0 thrashing of Newcastle in the FA Cup with Mista getting 5.

i play with wolves aswell :D

i joined them in the middle of the second season, finished 10th, and in 4th season i won the league :D

MILJAS is reall a beast

my 1st 11 look like this:

- - - - - - - - - - REGEN GK - - - - - - - - - - -

REGEN DR - - ZAPATA - - BIKEY - - - GUILHERME

- - - - - - -ZUCCULINI - MILJAŠ - - - - - - - -

KNIGHTLY - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -WITSEL

- - - - - REGEN ST - - DOYLE - - - - - - - - -

i also have some quality backup players but now i decided to start building all HOME GROWN team..will only buy players younger then 18 and try to bring as many players as possible from my u18s to first team :) - will do lots of tutoring

Hehe Miljas' goal yesterday inspired me to play him again.

He's 30 yards out, he hits a curling shot to the (gk's) top right-hand corner of the net for his first goal og the season!! :D

Yep, league cup quarter final, the only difference being on the game it curled inwards, not away from the 'keeper...

Back to FM, that's an impressive achievement Mitjabarbic, especially since some of the original players have survived.

I know this question has been asked before, but what settings have you got Milijas on???

i play with wolves aswell :D

i joined them in the middle of the second season, finished 10th, and in 4th season i won the league :D

MILJAS is reall a beast

my 1st 11 look like this:

- - - - - - - - - - REGEN GK - - - - - - - - - - -

REGEN DR - - ZAPATA - - BIKEY - - - GUILHERME

- - - - - - -ZUCCULINI - MILJAŠ - - - - - - - -

KNIGHTLY - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -WITSEL

- - - - - REGEN ST - - DOYLE - - - - - - - - -

i also have some quality backup players but now i decided to start building all HOME GROWN team..will only buy players younger then 18 and try to bring as many players as possible from my u18s to first team :) - will do lots of tutoring

Looks good mate, but his name is Kightly not Knightly :cool:

Thought I'd post an update while I can get online briefly

In my 4th season with Wolves now, and finally managed to shift the majority of the dead wood. My squad has quite an overhaul from how it first looked, but i would have had a few more of the starting sqyad there still if they had not turned into moany little girls the minute another club came by.

First season I finished midtable followed by an 9th and then an 8th place finish ( I was top till Jan), also had 2 decent runs in the LC semi and final apps,

main squad as now is

GK Ochoa\Hart\Portela (portugese 18 yo, is actually my best rated keeper already)

RB Cesar Azipuleta (sp)\ De Silvestri (just joined in Jan)

LB Mattock\ Gibbs

CB Steven Taylor \ Mancienne

CB Otamendi \ Leo

RM Kightly \ Bernardo (altho he moans ALOT)

LM Adam Johnson \ Di Maria\ Mendez Laing

MC Hermanes \ Rodwell

AMC Wilshire \ Dzagonev \ Shelvey

ST Kleber \ Vela

ST Sturridge \ Guilherme

I have quite a big squad really, but these are my main 23, some good youth prospects about to break in though.

Notable signings been and gone are,

RVR got him on loan at start and managed to snag him at end of season pretty cheap.

German Lux & Scott Loach came and filled in while WH was being a baby, until I got Ochoa this year

Beckham and Ruud Van horseface came in first transfer window and did ok

Riquelme came in on a end of season 1 and was magical for 2 seasons

Every major transfer I seem to go for Newcastle beat me too, The got Sakho and Hermanes for combined fees of over £70million, I jumped in when Hermanes requested a transfer tho.

Still have SEB and Milijas altho both loaned out, as neither seem to hit any form, I converted Zubar to RB and sold him for £8mil, WH moaned his ass off in the end I got fed up and dumped him to spurs for £8mil. I just can't get rid of Karl henry tho, plenty of offers, he just wont accept terms with anyone for a number of reasons.

I'm currently in feb and 9 points clear at top of league, beating 3 times champs Chelsea home and away for the 2nd season running, I also did Villa 6-2 at villa park.

I'll update again when I get my internet at xmas

Aiming to get Gareth Bale and Royston Drenthe in to bolster my left side. After that only really need a DMC.

Should I keep Vokes? Everton have bid £6m. I'm selling Maierhofer for £5m, so my remaining strikers are Mista, Doyle and Fonseca. If I sell Vokes, who would be good in his place? Ideally someone with HG status.

Not HG, but Milevskyi is absolutely brilliant - in second season and averaging over a goal a game for me atm!! Even gets a couple of assists as i'm playing him as a deep-lying forward.

You can get him for around £5M, i got him for 1M upfront, 5M over 48 months, so hardly dents the budget!

Looks good mate, but his name is Kightly not Knightly :cool:

lol wowwwww...i didnt know that...

knightly sounds much better though :D

and MG539 -

i am using the modified tactic under THE CHINA CREATION - if you read that thread there are 2 tactics: original and LEE PEAS - i use lee peas ...

funny though..miljas`s instruction is to only shoot rarely from distance :D

i am now finishing season 2013-14 will probably win the league again as i am 9 points up and i am just about to play Barcelona in UCL semi final :D

Not HG, but Milevskyi is absolutely brilliant - in second season and averaging over a goal a game for me atm!! Even gets a couple of assists as i'm playing him as a deep-lying forward.

You can get him for around £5M, i got him for 1M upfront, 5M over 48 months, so hardly dents the budget!

Yeah, Milevskyi was great for me, but then I sold him due to a great bid and replaced him with Morimoto, who has been even better.

I would recommend either of them.

Archived