FM10: Official Wolverhampton Wanderers Thread - :: Sleeping Giant :: -

JackEdwards

started a wolves save, here are my transfers:

In:

Shilla £0

Lukaku 2.1m

Otamendi 2.9m

Mulemo Loan fee 210k (agreed price of 625k if I want him on permanent deal)

Barazite Loan fee 1.1m

Fleck Loan fee 525k (agreed price of 2.3m if I want him on permanent deal)

Out:

Hill, Jones, Little, D Ward, C Iwelumo, A Keogh, Jarvis, Edwards, Surman S Ward all for 6.75m.

Am going for another attacking midfielder or two on loan, with Gabriel Torje a target.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
started a wolves save, here are my transfers:

In:

Shilla £0

Lukaku 2.1m

Otamendi 2.9m

Mulemo Loan fee 210k (agreed price of 625k if I want him on permanent deal)

Barazite Loan fee 1.1m

Fleck Loan fee 525k (agreed price of 2.3m if I want him on permanent deal)

Out:

Hill, Jones, Little, D Ward, C Iwelumo, A Keogh, Jarvis, Edwards, Surman S Ward all for 6.75m.

Am going for another attacking midfielder or two on loan, with Gabriel Torje a target.

sort of the same as me buddy and i finished 14th in my first season, only problem is that you sold Keogh he got 12 goals for me with the HOFF scoring 16, only becasue Blake and Doyle were injured for most the season

Just finished season 3, becoming champions and winning the Euro cup :) after finishing 9th in season 1 and 5th in season 2. still can't win a domestic cup though :(

GK: Hennessey

DR: Miguel Torres

DL: Peter Masilela

DC: Otamendi

DC: Kryvstov

MR: Kightly

ML: Jovetic

MC: Sandro

MC: Milijas

FC: Doyle

FC: Jo

onwards and upwards!

I started a wolves game at the weekend and I am currently in january of the first season.

I sold a lot of average players and brought in some good players like di Maria, Ansaldi, Annan etc

I am currently 8th in the premiership and I hope to finish around that mark

I will update transfers etc after I finish the season

I think wolves an a very fun team to manage

I started a wolves game at the weekend and I am currently in january of the first season.

I sold a lot of average players and brought in some good players like di Maria, Ansaldi, Annan etc

I am currently 8th in the premiership and I hope to finish around that mark

I will update transfers etc after I finish the season

I think wolves an a very fun team to manage

Yeah, they are a great team to manage, as you need to do quite a lot of work to get them into a position to win the EPL, but you also get a good amount of cash to start off with.

It sounds like you've put together a solid line-up, so good luck with the rest of the season :thup:

Just started my own Wolves game after reading through this thread!

Found it hard to get the players I wanted and only signed three players:

Kevin Thompson - £1.5m

Andres D'Alessandro - £12.5m over 48 months

Josh Lambo - £28k

Sold a few players who I didn't think I needed:

Stephen Ward - £1.3m

Darren Ward - £500k

Chris Iwelummo - £1m

Daniel Jones - £550k

Quite a disapointing transfer window but theres only a week left now and with less than a million to spend I am struggling to find any player who wants to join. (left back area urgently needs improvement).

The friendlies went well winning all the matches. We won 2-0 against Preston, Exeter and Luton, 1-0 against Norwich, 3-1 against Torquay and 6-1 against AFC Telford. Not really any tough competition so I was wary for the start of the EPL. Our first three games I knew we needed to win as they were against opposition we could points off of before we played Manchester United.

EPL results:

Wigan - W - 2-1

Fulham - W - 1-0

Birmingham - L - 3-1 - Outplayed them in all areas but could not score untill the last minute.

6/9 points before the United match and I am quite pleased despite the Birmingham result and its still early in the season.

That's a pretty good start to the season, John, and D'Alessandro should be a great signing :thup:

As for the LB position, Masilela is a very good option who cost me only $500,000. He is just really consistent and offers a fair bit going forward as well. In January, I managed to pull off a part-exchange deal for Gareth Bale (swapped Stearman), so I think I should be pretty settled in that position from this point onwards.

John if you are looking for a left back, you should look to loan maybe Gibbs from arsenal or Fabio from Man Utd...decent and cheap

or maybe get Javier Garrido from Man City but he may have already been snapped up.

If not Elokobi will do a decent job for you until january and you always have matt hill in the reserves as back up if needed

Well. 1st season expectations I'd said mid table. In Jan I was in 16th place I hit a rich vein of form (winning 5 back to back) thanks to Beckham and Pires arriving in the Jan transfer window and went from 16th to 8th.

Then it all went pear shapped again in the latter part of the season and I went from 8th to 11th. If I hadnt hit that rich form I think it could of turned into a dog fight.

I got 10.5 million for finishing 11th and requested a stadium extension. They agreed and now they have just messaged me saying that the stadium will be expanded by 12000 which should really help gate receipts and player wages, as I found the Wage Cap quite low.

Be really really careful about selling Jody Craddock, especially if you have him as captain/vice-captain, as he is obviously a fans favourite and they can turn on you pretty damn quickly because of it.

Start of 2nd season an offer came in for Berra from Marseille boss Mr Blanc I said give me 7.5 million they wouldnt offer it but Sporting would so he has left. Berra is a rock at the back but I'm hopefully he can be replaced pretty easily.

All in All I had a bit of a ship out at the end of the season, I'd brought in a lot of old players to give me some cover signed on 1 year contracts which I havent extended, so the likes of

Pires

Jari Litmanen

Robert Pires

Ivan Campo

2nd Season expectations I've gone for a top Half finish, this has given me 420k per week up from around 300k and a transfer budget of 20 million, its interesting that Relegation dog fight battle bravely avoid etc weren't options to pick.

Milijas looks like he may be off to pastures new, Tottenham have started sniffing around him, I cant say he was particularly outstanding for me so would be willing to sell if a decent 9-10mill offer is made. Same for Sam Vokes, everton have made an official enquiry asking how much I want, I've said 10mill so I may have 30-40 million to spend pre season which would mean I'd get a DM LB CB CM, Defensively in midfield Karl Henry gets walked over and when playing against the big teams or the teams who will attack heavily with their midfield I really struggled, theres a real need for a Brute to boss and break legs, and none of our current DM's do this for me.

I'll just also add that I started with Foley at right back and he got injured so with reluctance I played Greg Halford at right back and he did a pretty awesome job for me getting Fans player of the Season with an average rating of 7.32. He has a good heading and I was finding very very little attacking coming down my right as the floated balls he would cut out and lay forward. Not very attacking but with Kightly infront of him then its really all you need on the right hand side.

LB is a different story, I decided to ignore the advice of my staff and not sign a left back. I was confident Elokobi and Surman would be sufficient, Surman for attacking games and Elokobi for defensive ones, but neither did their job very well and our Left hand flank certainly needs some bolstering.

Cheers Rossco and Willis for the suggestions but unfortunately the transfer window ended before I could get anyone else. I have played a few more matches with some mixed results but things are looking very positive:

Southampton(league cup) - L - 1-1 10-11 penalties - disapointing defeat at home

Manchester United - L - 1-0 No complaints they dominated the game

Liverpool - W - 4-2 at Anfield, was a great result although currently Liverpool have played 6, drawn 4 and lost 2.

Hull City - W - 2-0

Only dropped 6 points so far in the league against United and Birmingham so things are going good. Keogh and Jarvis are the star performers in the early season. D'Alessandro has been pretty poor so far but I thought he would fit into my formation better than what he has.

Back on the transfer front I did manage to sign Viduka on a free for cover upfront and another Australian left back/midfielder(cannot remember his name) just as cover.

CaMel UK

It looks like you had a pretty solid season there, good job :thup:

I also found that Halford played really well, even though I used him primarily as a back-up option for Ansaldi.

How did Vokes play for you?

As I used a lone striker system, he didn't get much time for me, but I've kept him on a he appears to show a bit of promise.

John 23

Amazing result against Liverpool, and a good start to the season overall :thup:

On the Australian LB, I would guess that Chipperfield might be the man you have purchased. If so, I think he should be pretty reliable for you, unspectacular but solid, as he is in reality.

---------------------------------------

I have just finished my first season, so I might do a little write-up in the near future.

Here is a quick review of my first season:

Transfers

Well, I started early by clearing out a lot of the players that I felt weren't really good enough to succeed in the Premier League, as well as others such as Foley and Berra who I received good offers for.

In terms of those who came to the club, I purchased the following in season 1:

Ronaldo

James Rodriguez

Ansaldi

Lukaku

Verratti

Masilela

Bale (part-exchange for Stearman)

Appiah

Lolo

Kryvtsov

Nene

Assulin

Whilst most of the buys were youth oriented, it was great to get a strong ball-winning midfielder in Appiah to play alongside Milijas in the centre of midfield, as well as an old, yet high quality forward.

Formation

The basic starting formation and team was as follows:

WH

Masilela/Bale-----Lolo/Mancienne-----Kryvtsov/Mancienne-----Ansaldi

Appiah-----Milijas/Jones

Nene-----Rodriguez-----Kightly

Ronaldo/Doyle

I tried to play a pretty technical, Arsenal-esque game which relied mostly on short passing. Appiah provided the grit in midfield, whilst Milijas played as a bit of a box-to-box midfielder. Further, the fullbacks were quite aggressive in their approach (wingback instructions), and Nene was set to an inside forward role. Other than this, the other positions were pretty stock standard and as illustrated above.

Key Players

My best players for the season were as follows:

- Ronaldo

He ended up as one of the top scorers in the EPL, with about 25 goals in the league. Sadly, he struggled a bit towards the end of the season, and as a result, Doyle will probably have to play a more prominent role next season given his gradual decline.

- Kightly

He was awarded Fans' Player of the Season, and rightly so. He provided a huge number of goals from the AML position, and also chipped in with 10 EPL goals himself. I was actually quite surprised with how well he played this season, however with the likes of Everton circling, I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold on to him.

- Milijas

In a similar boat to Kightly. Not only did he generate a lot of goals through his passing, but he also scored a number as well, most of which came from outside the box (amazing from range :eek:)

- Misc.

Special mentions to WH and Ansaldi, who were extremely reliable, as well as James Rodriguez, who played the whole season at AMC despite being just 18 years of age. He also managed to earn a call-up to the national team, which was pretty impressive as well :thup:

Finally, Romelu Lukaku became the youngest scorer in both cup competitions, as well as for Wolves, and even managed to finish 3rd in young player of the month at 16 years of age. Whilst recording 7 goals for the season, his stats also shot up as wekk, so I really think he could be a superstar if I can train and tutor him effectively in the future.

Results

This has become a little longer than I anticipated, so I'll try to be brief.

Basically, in the league I ended up in 6th place, and only managed to earn European qualification on the final day of the season, as Everton and Tottenham finished just behind me (1 and 2 points respectively). It was a really immense finish to the season, as I went down 1-0 early on, but 2 second half goals against Burnely ensured that I finished in a great position.

I managed to get into the Quarter Finals in the FA cup before losing to Tottenham, and despite winning against Chelsea in the LC, I went out early in that competition.

The Future

In the upcoming transfer window, I am looking to find a star Att. midfielder, as Rodriguez probably shouldn't be left to do it all himself. VDV in my primary target, but I'm also looking at some other options such as Mati Fernandez as well.

I am also looking to buy a high quality CB, with Henrique, Caceres and Otamendi being the primary targets.

Another CM would also be fantastic, and possibly even another forward as well, but I'll have to search around first before I can identify any targets of significance.

Final Thoughts

All in all, a really pleasing start to my Wolves career, and finishing 6th was far better than what I expected initially. I'm looking to build a young team based largely around technical ability, but of course, obviously the odd tough-nut will be needed for the team to succeed in the highly physical EPL.

In any case, things are looking bright, and I will update you all once I've had the chance to bring some new players in and ship some current players out.

Thanks for reading :thup:

Thought I would give a quick update on my save as things have gone drastically wrong. I said before about trying to get good results against lower teams and that has not happened at all. Using the same tactic my team has gone from beating Liverpool and Hull to losing 4 games consecutively.

Portsmouth - L - 1-0

Stoke - L - 2-1

Bolton - L - 3-0 (We had 65% possesion throughout the game?)

Tottenham - L - 3-1

Something has gone wrong and I can't seem to find out what? Now I have the harder games of the season with a run of games that include Manchester City, Aston Villa and Chelsea. My tactic has stopped scoring and started conceding more.

Thought I would give a quick update on my save as things have gone drastically wrong. I said before about trying to get good results against lower teams and that has not happened at all. Using the same tactic my team has gone from beating Liverpool and Hull to losing 4 games consecutively.

Portsmouth - L - 1-0

Stoke - L - 2-1

Bolton - L - 3-0 (We had 65% possesion throughout the game?)

Tottenham - L - 3-1

Something has gone wrong and I can't seem to find out what? Now I have the harder games of the season with a run of games that include Manchester City, Aston Villa and Chelsea. My tactic has stopped scoring and started conceding more.

Are you making adjustments throughout the course of the match?

I find this to be one of the most vital things about your tactics. It doesn't necessarily mean shifting around your formation, but just adapting to the situation and changing your approach accordingly.

The touchline shouts can also make improvements to your side's on field performance as well.

Having said that, your team might just need some time to gel and adjust to the tactic further, as I know I battled a bit to start off with too.

Good luck in any case :thup:

Just started as my beloved gold and black due to a house move and forgetting my password for this forum only just got around to FM again...

So far so not good...

Signed Garrido from Man City and Bejnani on a cheap one...

Couple of Free ones to keep the transfer budget in check...

Just cant get rid of the "dead weight" so to speak...

Smashed it in pre-season, Benjani and Doyle on fire..Meirhoffer chipping in with a couple and more suprisingly Matt Jarvis popping up with a few here and there...

Started the season but with kightly injured am having to deal with either Halford or Edwards on the right..so any one with ideas for a good "backup" for when kites is injured would be most welcome...

First 2 games... Blew Birmingham away with a 0-3 Win..Mierhoffer with 2 penos and benjani with a sweet finish from a jarvis cross

2nd game smashed by tottenham at home 2-0..next games are Arsenal, Man Utd, City, Then Liverpool...need to get a point in somwhere!!!!

Good to be back amongst the Wolves thread!

Just started as my beloved gold and black due to a house move and forgetting my password for this forum only just got around to FM again...

So far so not good...

Signed Garrido from Man City and Bejnani on a cheap one...

Couple of Free ones to keep the transfer budget in check...

Just cant get rid of the "dead weight" so to speak...

Smashed it in pre-season, Benjani and Doyle on fire..Meirhoffer chipping in with a couple and more suprisingly Matt Jarvis popping up with a few here and there...

Started the season but with kightly injured am having to deal with either Halford or Edwards on the right..so any one with ideas for a good "backup" for when kites is injured would be most welcome...

First 2 games... Blew Birmingham away with a 0-3 Win..Mierhoffer with 2 penos and benjani with a sweet finish from a jarvis cross

2nd game smashed by tottenham at home 2-0..next games are Arsenal, Man Utd, City, Then Liverpool...need to get a point in somwhere!!!!

Good to be back amongst the Wolves thread!

Check out Xabi Prieto as back up for the right wing and 'krivets'

Check out Xabi Prieto as back up for the right wing and 'krivets'

Will do my man, thanks...

what are they saying price wise as until Crystal Palace stop messing me around im down to my last 800k!

Trying to get rid of craddock, Hill, Ward, Keogh (gasp), surman, jones..etc to raise some funds for a decent enough CM and LM..

current line up is somthing like..

WH in goal

Gariddo LB

Shilla/Zubar CB

Berra/Mancienne CB

Foley RB

Jarvis LM/AML when i think its a "weaker team"

Henry CM (CPT as hes the local lad!)

Mijias CM

RM Kightly/Halford/Edwards (kightly is injured for me alot so Halford steps in but edwards gets a nod here and there)

Doyle S - attacking forward

Benjani S - out and out

Subs are to varied to list but i really am just trying to clear out so i can free up the transfer budget

Will do my man, thanks...

what are they saying price wise as until Crystal Palace stop messing me around im down to my last 800k!

Trying to get rid of craddock, Hill, Ward, Keogh (gasp), surman, jones..etc to raise some funds for a decent enough CM and LM..

current line up is somthing like..

WH in goal

Gariddo LB

Shilla/Zubar CB

Berra/Mancienne CB

Foley RB

Jarvis LM/AML when i think its a "weaker team"

Henry CM (CPT as hes the local lad!)

Mijias CM

RM Kightly/Halford/Edwards (kightly is injured for me alot so Halford steps in but edwards gets a nod here and there)

Doyle S - attacking forward

Benjani S - out and out

Subs are to varied to list but i really am just trying to clear out so i can free up the transfer budget

Xabi Prieto is 2.5m. Krivets about 1.2m

Other 'bargains' for Wolves I am targetting are

Ansaldi

Otamendi

Ponce

Masilela

Annan

Kikin Fonseca

I've just finished August, so it's time for an update on my transfer dealings.

Purchases:

seasonpurchases.png

With a little more money to play with, I went for some a couple of established guns in Milevskyi and VDV, and so far they have played pretty well for me, especially VDV.

I also continued on with my strategy of signing quality youth, by bringing in Otamendi, Feghouli, Muniain and Areola. So far, I've been bringing Feghouli on late to replace VDV as he seems to tire quite easily, and he's been having a great impact, just a great passer of the ball who brings his teammates into the game. Otamendi has also done well in defence so far, but as with any young CB, he is prone to the odd mistake. He also seems to end every match with a yellow card, and I'm guessing this is due to his high aggression stat.

I also signed Defour and Gago to play in Central midfield, and whilst Defour has settled well, Gago hasn't had a great start to the season. I'm hoping this is just a matter of adapting to a new league, but I'm not sold on him just yet. However, at 3.9M, it was a pretty tidy purchase.

Lastly, my biggest buy was Dzsudzsak. I may have overpaid a touch, but he has great stats in all of the right areas for a winger, so I'm really happy with this buy. In his first game, he managed two assists, so that was pretty good in spite of a poor result (2-2 draw against Newcastle).

Of course, to fund all of these transfers, I had to make a number of sales, whilst also letting go of some of the players who were no longer in my plans.

Departures:

seasonsales.png

I feel I did pretty well here, especially for Masilela. It was interesting to note that Portsmouth were splashing the cash after the board recently lifted their transfer embargo. I wasn't complaining, as they seemed to take a liking to a number of my players.

I will say that the fans were really unhappy at the sale of Milijas to Villa, and I guess it is somewhat understandable. I was kind of sad to let him go as well, but he was pretty keen to leave, and they made a great offer, so that was that.

Finally, Doyle was sold to fund the Dzsudzsak deal, and I was okay with that, as I have Milevskyi up front on his own. However, it does leave me a little thin in terms of forward depth, with only Lukaku and Vokes as back up, and I'm not sure either of them are really ready to step in and perform to an overly high level just yet. However, Lukaku is looking really promising, so hopefully this added responsibility will see him improve at a fast rate.

Overall, I'm pretty hapy with my work in the transfer window, as I've added some quality to the starting line-up whilst also planning for the future.

The preferred starting line-up is now as follows:

-----WH-----

-----Bale-----Otamendi/Kryvtsov-----Lolo/Burdisso-----Ansaldi-----

-----Defour-----Gago-----

-----Dzsudzsak-----Van Der Vaart-----Kightly-----

-----Milevskyi-----

Just to finish off, I've had a pretty average start to the season, with 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw in the league. Having said that, I managed to get through the Europa League qualifiers, and I won my first group stage match 3-1 against PSV, which was really good.

The most amusing result of the season so far was a 1-0 win against Bolton, and the screenshot below should highlight why this was the case:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2466/whgoal.png

A WH goal from about 60-70 yards out :D

He just smashed it forward off a free-kick, the ball then bounced over the keeper's head and settled in the back of the net. I think I almost fell off my chair upon seeing it.

Anyway, that's it for now, hopefully I can have another great season to follow on from the first one.

Thanks for reading :thup:

i'm managing Wolves too and managed to escaped relegation with a firm spot in the middle of the table..

Wayne Hennessey is excellent..for left back i bought J.Garrido..on the right Greg Halford play as he as Dani Alves..really good during attacking..for defender anyone has try Nicolas Burdisso-Vincent Kompany combi??they work really2 good..

For midfield i got tosic-surman-milijas-kelvin etuhu while jo and michael owen on attacking position..

jo quite good and he scores a lot of goals but owen not as good as in FM 2009..plus i need new DL position as Javier Garrido is not efficiently as Halford..any suggestion?

i'm managing Wolves too and managed to escaped relegation with a firm spot in the middle of the table..

Wayne Hennessey is excellent..for left back i bought J.Garrido..on the right Greg Halford play as he as Dani Alves..really good during attacking..for defender anyone has try Nicolas Burdisso-Vincent Kompany combi??they work really2 good..

For midfield i got tosic-surman-milijas-kelvin etuhu while jo and michael owen on attacking position..

jo quite good and he scores a lot of goals but owen not as good as in FM 2009..plus i need new DL position as Javier Garrido is not efficiently as Halford..any suggestion?

I had Burdisso, and he was really solid for me, but I was offered 6.5M for him, so I sold him to Genoa.

As for DL, Masilela is a very consistent performer and is pretty good going forward. I have Bale at LB, and he is really good and continues to improve.

Tosic is a great buy, in my game he is dominating for Man Utd, hopefully he does the same for you :thup:

I'm having my customary game with wolves (as a season-ticket-holder for 6 years I always start with us!) and have just reached the end of the first season. Its my demo save but my life is busy with other things atm!

We started really well, had a rocky couple of months before going on an amazing run of 5 consecutive victories in January/February! Looked like I was going to finish 6th behind the 'big 5' but a terrible last 5 games saw me slip to 8th on the last day :(

IN:

Ochoa, Ansaldi, Andrade, Reguissen(sp) (Jan), Thomson, Krivets, Donovan (Jan).

Many outs, many for too little I reckon, but I did get £5.5M for Stearman in January!

What do you think I should do about Castillo/Mancienne?? Castillo has been a solid back-up for me, is he worth £2.2M, or will Red Star accept less? Mancienne has played RB for most of my season and excelled, is it possible to buy him at a reasonable price?

OK perhaps I should go into more detail, at the end of the season my squad looks like this:

Goalkeepers:

Ochoa, Hennessey, Murray

Defence:

Mancienne(loan), Halford, Andrade, Berra, Reguissen(sp), Zubar, Ansaldi, Elokobi

Midfield:

Thomson, Castillo(loan), Henry, Jones, Milijas, Krivets, Kightly, Donovan, Jarvis, Surman

Forwards:

SEB, Doyle, The Hoff, Vokes

I play 4-4-2 with Doyle as deep-lying forward and SEB as a poacher and they've both been brilliant. SEB misses a few but his pace usually gets him a couple of chances each match, both averaged more than 1 goal in 2 games. Both big men have been disappointing when played as TM, will look to sell Hoff and loan out Vokes... Suggestions for replacements?? One TM and one similar to Doyle would be nice!

I started off with Thomson and Milijas in CM but found Milijas a bit too lightweight so he's hardly played. Instead I brought in Krivets as a B2B who started off very well and always gives 100%. Thomson is solid as you would expect, gets through alot of work as a ball-winner with Castillo a ready-made back-up who plays similarly well. Both Krivets and Thomson are now valued just under £5M with bigger clubs sniffing.

Further back Ansaldi has been a solid if not spectacular LB for me, if I don't keep Mancienne might swap him to RB and bring in another LB - any ideas?? Andrade was brilliant at the start but then started making silly mistakes, in the end my partnership was Reg and Berra who are both extremely solid, but can be beaten by a bit of class... I hardly played Halford due to the excellence of Mancienne (averaged 7.2 over 30+ games at RB) but due to what others are saying I might give him more of a chance next year.

Ochoa has been fantastic, meaning Hennessey has only played 8 games all season. The main reason for my good season. Twice sent Murray on loan for fitness, twice got injured for couple of months in the first two weeks!

So, any ideas where to strengthen, where to sell??

Still don't know what to do about Castillo and Mancienne, any advice welcome and gratefully received!

Hey guys just started a game with wolves. managed to bring in masilela for the left back problem, Almen Abdi for some more bite in midfield, also brought in Ansaldi. Having a problem with the left wing though, all the players i bidded for did not want to come! Got bids accepted for Tosic, Di Maria but neither wanted to come. Somehow Vicente and Martin Petrov is not on the transfer list for this game of mine. Seriously need a left midfielder. Any ideas besides the players i named?

Surman and Jarvis did a good job for me there, or you could play Milijas there as a wide midfielder and license to roam... I'm also struggling to find decent cheap left wingers tho, on 09 alexis sanchez could be picked up cheaply at the start but i'm not sure about him on 2010

Anyone willing to give me advice?? I've decided to let both castillo and mancienne go, but may put new loan bids in!

Hey guys just started a game with wolves. managed to bring in masilela for the left back problem, Almen Abdi for some more bite in midfield, also brought in Ansaldi. Having a problem with the left wing though, all the players i bidded for did not want to come! Got bids accepted for Tosic, Di Maria but neither wanted to come. Somehow Vicente and Martin Petrov is not on the transfer list for this game of mine. Seriously need a left midfielder. Any ideas besides the players i named?

Obinna, Scott Chipperfield

John Fleck is pretty good down the left, and will come for around the 3 mil mark but is one more for the future than the current season. Jarvis will do a fairly good job and always seemed to get high ratings for me. I found it best to wait it out until January and then you can generally pick up a few bargains that are transfer listed, i managed to get Royston Drenthe from R.Madrid for 2.5 million and he can play anywhere down the left hand side.

You could always play Milijas down the left if you are desperate, but i prefer him in the middle of the park where he bags 15 goals a season from all kinds of distances.

I found Mancienne the harder player to replace, i tried to get him back on loan but he broke into the Chelsea first team in season 2. I managed to get Miguel Torres for 3.2 mil and he is doing a pretty good job a DR.

Try looking at Sandro, a Brazilian DMC/MC who seems to pair up well with milijas. only problem is he is a little costly at around the 8 million mark.

I purchased Nene from AS Monaco for the left wing, he did a good job for me in the first season. Nothing overly spectacular, but he provides a good amount of assists and a few goals as well.

I have since replaced him, but I managed to sell him on for a solid profit :thup:

After winning the league in season 2 (I'm not quite sure how I managed it, I just seemed to be able to pull out good results against the big clubs, including a 5-0 win over Arsenal), I have managed to sign Cesc Fabregas :eek:

He cost me 56M, but he should be amazing alongside Anthony Annan in central midfield. I can't wait to watch him spraying passes all over the park next season :D

After winning the league in season 2 (I'm not quite sure how I managed it, I just seemed to be able to pull out good results against the big clubs, including a 5-0 win over Arsenal), I have managed to sign Cesc Fabregas :eek:

He cost me 56M, but he should be amazing alongside Anthony Annan in central midfield. I can't wait to watch him spraying passes all over the park next season :D

LOL. let me know how that works out..Wolves FTW lol...

I purchased Nene from AS Monaco for the left wing, he did a good job for me in the first season. Nothing overly spectacular, but he provides a good amount of assists and a few goals as well.

I have since replaced him, but I managed to sell him on for a solid profit :thup:

thks man. managed to get Salamon Kalou in after Chelsea transfer listed him in the last week of the transfer window. Have managed a solid if unspectacular start to the campaign and is now 12th in the league 10 games in ahead of sides such as Aston Villa and Blackburn.

Found the strikers to be competent but uninspiring though. Hoff especially just look huge in 3D but contribute little else. Same could be said about the center defenders, found all 4 of about the same quality but just not good enough.

looking forward to January now.

LOL. let me know how that works out..Wolves FTW lol...

I was shocked that he wanted to come, and I just couldn't resist bringing him in.

Yeah, I'll keep you updated, the scouts seemed to think he'd fit in well with the rest of the squad, so hopefully there are good times ahead :thup:

thks man. managed to get Salamon Kalou in after Chelsea transfer listed him in the last week of the transfer window. Have managed a solid if unspectacular start to the campaign and is now 12th in the league 10 games in ahead of sides such as Aston Villa and Blackburn.

Found the strikers to be competent but uninspiring though. Hoff especially just look huge in 3D but contribute little else. Same could be said about the center defenders, found all 4 of about the same quality but just not good enough.

looking forward to January now.

Kalou should be a great buy, and will be useful throughout his entire career given his versatility.

Yeah, I had some issues with the CB players early on in my first year too, and I ended up signing Lolo and Kryvtsov in January.

In other news, I've had to let Kightly go, which is kind of sad. He was absolutely dominant for me, and I rejected an offer for 9M from Man Utd which made him unhappy, so I decided I just had to get rid of him.

I ended up getting 12.75M + 20% next sale + arrange friendly from Man Utd, so it wasn't too bad a deal in the end.

Sad to see him go, but it is now time to find a replacement, any suggestions for a new AMR?

how do you guys play kightly? i can't seem to make him perform real well. Currently playing a 4-4-2 with kightly as a attacking wide midfielder. Tried him as a winger too but he just can't seem to provide good crosses and thus ineffective.

Going to sign James Tompkins from west ham in January. one for the future as he developed into England's first choice in my other games so decided to bring him over as well. hoping for Garay or someone similar to get transfer listed in January.

hey all... just started a wolves save.. want this one to last too... so we shall see...

very happy with my transfers thus far... impressive in's and out's imo

transfersx.th.jpg

and heres my first team so far.... am hoping to bring in a few more players if i can , money wise

tacticsj.th.jpg

who have you guys brought in staff wise? i feel it needs an overhaul...

any thoughts appreciated

hey all... just started a wolves save.. want this one to last too... so we shall see...

transfersx.th.jpg

and heres my first team so far.... am hoping to bring in a few more players if i can , money wise

tacticsw.th.jpg

any thoughts appreciated

Both same screenshot btw

transfersx.th.jpg

tacticsj.th.jpg

any thoughts appreciated

I also did the Bale for Stearman exhange deal, and Bale has been really good and consistent for me.

On your other transfers, you've done really well, so that should hold you in good stead for the coming season :thup:

I have got some good staff, but I can't remember their names off the top of my head. I'll have a look later and report back to you.

how do you guys play kightly? i can't seem to make him perform real well. Currently playing a 4-4-2 with kightly as a attacking wide midfielder. Tried him as a winger too but he just can't seem to provide good crosses and thus ineffective.

Going to sign James Tompkins from west ham in January. one for the future as he developed into England's first choice in my other games so decided to bring him over as well. hoping for Garay or someone similar to get transfer listed in January.

I played Kightly as a winger, with attack duty, and he was amazing for me.

On a side note, it was kind of funny how when I first sold Kightly the fans were really annoyed at losing a 'fan favourite.' A few weeks later, I checked the confidence section and they felt I had done really well to get 12.75M for him and they were thrilled with the deal.

A serious change of heart. I guess fans are fickle, as they say :D

OK so I've not long started a Wolves game and this is what I've managed so far in terms of my team:

GK - Hennessey, Hahnemann

DR - Foley, Halford

DL - Elokobi (who isn't good enough), Youssef El-Akchaoui (£950k from NEC), Jean-Alain Fanchone (£575k for season's loan from Le Mans but he can't play as I forgot I'd used all my 25 available spaces :( )

DC - Mancienne, Zubar, Berra, Sergiy Federov (£0, free), Matthew Booth (£120k from Sundowners but he had his leg broken 2 mins into the first game of the season by Adebayor and is out for 6 months), Marian Ciskovsky (£1.3m from FC Timisoara)

MR - Kightly, Sergey Krivets (£2.4m - BATE)

ML - Jarvis, Surman, Koen Daerden (£350k - Club Brugge)

MC - Henry, Milijas, Castillo, Tobias Linderoth (£450k - Galatasary), David de Freitas (£85k - FC Nantes)

FC - SEB, Vokes, Doyle, Maierhofer, Javier Chevanton (£975k - Sevilla), Gigel Bucur (£1.5m - FC Timisoara)

Players I've sold: David Jones (£1.5m - Preston), Andy Keogh (£2.5m - Ipswich), Richard Stearman (£4.5m - Spurs), Darren Ward (£700k - Derby), Jody Craddock (£350k - Coventry), Dan Jones (£110k - Shrewsbury), Matt Hill (£375k - Notts County), Stephen Ward (£1m + 30% - Swansea)

I tried and failed to get rid of Iwelumo, who kept refusing to go to Blackpool on the wages they were offering, and Elokobi.

Currently playing a fairly standard 4-4-2 on a counter-attacking basis, playing the balls down the flanks and aiming to get crosses in from the bye-line. I'm only 3 proper games in so it's a bit hard to judge, but they were 0-4 (Man City could have had 8), 2-0 v Burnley and 1-1 at Craven Cottage. Plus 4-1 v Tranmere in the League Cup. So ok-ish, but I think the better teams are going to make mincemeat of me. The back 4 and Hennessey aren't good enough.

So who has bright ideas for who I've missed to buy and what not?

Well, I just played against Real Madrid in the Champions League, and things were looking good at half-time as it was 1-1 courtesy of a Cesc long shot. However, after half-time, it turned ugly, and I ended up going down 4-1.

Having said that, after 10 league matches I'm currently top, but some of the other big teams have games in hand. In any case, I'm happy to be in contention, and I'm looking to make it through the Group Stage in the Champions League too.

I had kightly for 1 game then injured..:mad: but after 3 weeks came back put him in the reserves injured again :mad: by this point im playing either Dave Edwards or Halford on the right, or switching Jarvo over to the right and playing this french winger 22 y/o i think its Richard Soumah (sp) as i didnt beef up the right as i figured Kightly was nailed on in the posistion..anyways he comes back from injurys and i play him winger attacking...1st game 2 goals 1 ass..second game 1 goal 2 ass...havent got around to the 3rd game yet but from his layoff he seems to have come back hungry for the prem! I always play him winger attack or attacking mid attack to give me some optons down the wings...

hope this helps!

my biggest issue is clearing out the dead wood, i really deperatly need to free up wages and funds...

i just cant get rid of Big Chris, Keogh, Ward, Stearman, Friend....its sooo frustrating!

But so far so good with my save...Wolves are 9th after 12 games with some sweet results (1-1 away to Arsenal) (2-2 city away) (liverpool 2-1 at home) (Birmingham 0-3 away! the fans are still bubbling about that one as we would be in real life!)

Although highlight so far is the epic Carling cup run...Torquay were swept aside, then Man City 3-0 at home drubbing FULL STREGNTH TEAM!, Chelsea away 0-1 with 10 men! then Watford were beaten with a second team 2-1, now onto Fulham in the Semi and either Man Utd or West Ham in the Final! Id love to bag some silverwear in the debut season the fans would love me!

how are nathaniel m-laing and hemmings doing for you guys? they seem to be progressing and playing well for me even though im only a few weeks into my first season... looks very promising for the future

Both vastly under-rated in the game.

Poor PA's. I wouldn't say they will turn out good....

Archived