Has an FM save ever made you follow/adopt/support a football club?

Has an FM save ever made you follow/adopt/support a football club?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Has an FM save ever made you follow/adopt/support a football club?

• Yes, I always look out for the team's results and I am now a casual fan of the club
    • Yes, I have bought replica shirts or other merchandise
    • Yes, I have bought merchandise & I intend to/already have made a pilgrimage to the club
    • Yes, I have attended 1 or more games and I casually support the team
    • Yes, I've adopted them as my second team and I get to games when I can.
    • Yes, I have attended several games and I am a fan of the club
    • Yes, I have become a proper supporter of the club and they are now my one true love!
    • No, but FM has made me even more passionate about the club that I support
    • No, but I hope one day that I will have a save that makes me feel like that about a club
    • No, this has never happened to me and I don't think it ever will

Few years back I wanted to try get into a serious save that was outside of England, ended up in Denmark managing FC Nordsjælland, now most of my long terms save ever since have been with the Wild Tigers and find it difficult managing any other team or in any other league (Danish league is very well done imo, good job to the Danish researcher!). I have their website on my bookmarks (wish they had an English news section!) and check their results regularly, hopefully catch a stream or two of their games sometime soon.

My current save with them I've reintroduced the Royal League and Danish Super cup to add more competition.

I do have a soft spot for certain clubs since I have been playing football manager games since they were still CM.

Clubs I had successes with and I do occasionally follow are Palermo, Pro Vercelli, Hendon FC, Gjovik FF (Norway) and Bath City. Tempted to get a soccer jersey from them as well but pink isn't really my colour.

For my sins, I have a Stockport county away top after a 17 season game in FM08 (Im a Notts Forest lifer). I would also cheer on liverpool due to a similar game in FM00/01 and although I bought no Merch, my hardcore Liverpool nut girlfriend has bought me 3 away kits in a row now - Always gets me Agger on em not sure why, since any time I have a football at my feet I play up front and i'm a right footer!

Don't mind admitting I keep an eye on Knockbreda and have even caught a few games in NI since they're not far from me due to an other save, and I do enjoy watching Lecce do well.

I had a nice save with PSG when i was a wee boy back on champ man 99 - with Pauletta upfront. Ever since i've followed them, and have the Ligue 1 website as a shortcut on my address bar .I was lucky enough to see them earlier this year in the Europa league... Parc des Princes est magnifique!

Played in FM/CM and I check their results semi-regularly:

Crewe

Leyton O

Shrewsbury

Gloucester (current save)

Not living in the UK means the chance of me ever watching a game is practically nil, though I did watch some of Arsenal v Leyton O on the box recently.

As my nick might suggest, I fell in love with Fiorentina back in FM 2007 with my most-successful ever manager. I've been following them ever since... which was interesting when they matched up with Everton in the Euro Cup a few years back.

To my own surprise I was gutted when Prandelli moved on. On my most recent holiday in Italy I went to Florence, visited the club store and bought a home and away kit.

I picked up FM08 (World Wide Soccer Manager actually, since I'm in the USA) on a whim, knowing very little about football because I wanted something challenging. The game has made me a big football fan! The first team I managed I chose because I liked the name - Dagenham & Redbridge. I totally got hooked on the game and started following them irl as well. Nowadays, I still check in on 'em occasionally! The only professional soccer within hundreds of miles of me is the NSC Stars, part of lower league football here in the US... they are in the newly reborn NASL... this is the first season since the league went down in 1984! I'm gaining some team loyalty and hope it grows (and the league stays alive...) for a long time to come! Real life football passion from virtual roots, lol....

Knowing nothing about football at all, I walked into a games shop looking for a management/strategy type game. I had heard something about a good soccer game in a review somewhere but didn't really know the details. The guy in the shop showed me two, FM08, and something else. I said which one is better and the response was if you want detail I would go for Football Manager. I have bought every version since, and it is the only game i play.

Back to FM08, I had no idea at all what I was doing(marginally more now hehehe), but after reading the manual, the one thing that stuck out for me was, choosing a team in the lower leagues may reduce the pressure on yourself.

Looking through the leagues, I didn't know what team to choose, in the end I chose Cheltenham, as it was the suburb I was living in. From there I started looking at the real Cheltenham FC and I still follow them now, keeping an eye on their results and what not. I bought the strip, before they changed it, and was looking at sponsoring Marley Watkins (he played really well on one of my saves) but they loaned him out.

I now have player strips , for Torres(Liverpool), Giggs, Rooney, a Rangers strip and the afore mentioned Cheltenham strip, several books on football, and most recently David James England issue GK gloves signed with a COA.

I blame SIGames :D

When I was little I was a glory supporter and was a supposed Man Utd fan. Then I kinda fell outta supporting anyone until I bought CM03/04 and chose Hull City. I class myself a their lucky charm. That was the start of their rise to the heady heights of 17th in the Prem!! But yeah I now support Hull.

Despite Lincoln City being their (slight) rivals I also support them because of a game on 09.

Other teams that I follow as a result of are AGF (in Denmark), Leverkusen and Slavia Prague. I'm also quite a fan of AFC Wimbledon and Arsenal as a result of FM. I am a slave to this football management simulation.

Archived