FM10: Official Athletic Club Bilbao Thread - The Lions of San Mames

ArranoBeltza

Total budget of the club is different than. Most of that money goes to the upkeep of having world-class trainng and youth systems, sponsoring 3 clubs (Athletic Club, Athletic Bilbao and Baskonia), stadium upkeep (and probably reconstruction as they are reconstructing their stadium), etc. etc. along with transfer and salary money.

It however makes me feel ok about going to the editor and giving me a busget of let's say 12M euros.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Total budget of the club is different than. Most of that money goes to the upkeep of having world-class trainng and youth systems, sponsoring 3 clubs (Athletic Club, Athletic Bilbao and Baskonia), stadium upkeep (and probably reconstruction as they are reconstructing their stadium), etc. etc. along with transfer and salary money.

It however makes me feel ok about going to the editor and giving me a busget of let's say 12M euros.

Can you do anything without opening up an editor?

not like you need any transfer founds to finish top 7 anyway...on other news im halfway into first session for my 10,3 save, just bought Arteta, and what hapens....broken arm 20min into his first league game for me, so he is now out for 4 weeks

thanks god i bought in Riesgo in the jan window aswell, Iriazoz knocked out for 4 weeks...have also had de marcos out for 3 months, and Iraola for 4 weeks (during the first half of the session), gotta say im pleased to sit on a very insecure 4th place in the league (im dancing up and down betwin 7th and 3rd atm), i won my euro cup groupe, and made it to the final in the spanish cup

so yeah, im almost overpreforming ;-)

edit: gosh Arteta got hurt again, out for 3-4 weeks

Not bad, I think I could put in 6M upfront, and 8M over 48 months. Would put me in a little red at first but it must be worth it.

Athletic is the only team I have played as on FM that regularly makes monthly profits- you'll probably be okay.

I always have injury problems with Athletic, probably coded into game to always have troubles just as in real life. Check on football-lineups.com and see how many times in last few years Athletic had best line up on the pitch hehe

Maybe San Mames is cursed :D

Lets hope with new stadium they'll be luckier.

done with my first year on 10,3, and im pleased to say that i managed to mirror my preformace from the 10,2 save, i finnished 4th, and won the spanish cup after a good draw (again), Sevilla in one of the early rounds was the largest cup obstical, but i managed to overcome them in extra time, my european adventure ended in the secound knock out round vs Fulham (i dominated both games, but let in a goal in the 93'rd min of the away leg for a 2-2 result, and at home they scored one goal while i failed to put the ball in the net)

all in all it looked very good, my team was much more tidy in my own end, and i felt much more in control of events using my 4-2-3-1, I dont really have the creativety(or depth) yet for a consistant offensive production, using this line up, but it works much better in cup games then my 4-4-2

sadly i did not find any good start of the game regens, so i hope spain produce some nice once for me to pick up over the summer

League table:

bilbauleague.png

Transfers of note (note that values are in swedish kr, atm that would make it 1.00 GBP = 10.9156 SEK):

transfersbilbau.png

The wheels are coming off of my challenge for 4th spot. I'm still 4th, but Valencia are chasing hard - 3 points behind me and although I do have a game in hand, my form is so erratic at the moment, (thanks to losing half my starting 11 to injuries and my backups having poor morale) I don't think it's that much of an advantage. My last 3 games in all competitions have all been 3-3 draws, primarily because my main defenders are all crocked. I've got HSV in the 2nd Knockout round of the EC, which I think is where I'll exit the competition, due to the fact they beat me 2-1 and 3-2 in the group stages...

The wheels are coming off of my challenge for 4th spot. I'm still 4th, but Valencia are chasing hard - 3 points behind me and although I do have a game in hand, my form is so erratic at the moment, (thanks to losing half my starting 11 to injuries and my backups having poor morale) I don't think it's that much of an advantage. My last 3 games in all competitions have all been 3-3 draws, primarily because my main defenders are all crocked. I've got HSV in the 2nd Knockout round of the EC, which I think is where I'll exit the competition, due to the fact they beat me 2-1 and 3-2 in the group stages...

atleast my injuries was spread out, so i pretty much had 1-2 different players crocked on long terms all the time, hench it did not have a massive impact on my overall preformance, but it was still annoying

Apzi is my long term target. I've looked at Arteta as well, but don't really see a use for him in my side, unless I move Javi Martinez to BWM and play Arteta alongside him...

I only bought Arteta becouse he fits well into my tactic and the signing philosophy of my tactic, with Arteta i get more creativety on CM while i can push Ander up into AMC, and i can also use Arteta on AMC, had i played 4-4-2 i would not have bought him

I noticed alot of people pick Garrido, probably because he is cheaper.

I am going to go with Monreal to be different. Supposedly Athletic get's cash often, so over 48 months shouldn't hurt, unless of coarse someone has had him and he's been crap. =P

I noticed alot of people pick Garrido, probably because he is cheaper.

I am going to go with Monreal to be different. Supposedly Athletic get's cash often, so over 48 months shouldn't hurt, unless of coarse someone has had him and he's been crap. =P

well you dont get cash often, but you have no loan repayment screwing over your economy, and if you do well in europe you can affor spending the extra cash, its more an issue of finding players to use said cash on

for the lb spot, i have pretty much figured that Castillo dont cut it, due to his fittness he cant play one full game, so i pretty much replaced Castillo with Garrido, whoem have been solid rotating with Koikili

so now im faced with the dilema of what to do with the returning loan players...oh and i also bought Raul Garcia, sadly he have not made the same kind of progress as he did on my 10,2 save (in which i got £40milj bids rejected, and he got sellected in team of the year).

but well, i figured that it was for the better to buy him now so that i have a long term replacment for Orbaiz

Can you still get the other Llorente striker for free at the end of the first season?

Deciding where to spend my cash, and if I should get a third striker.

most of the time i have seen him get transferlisted after the first session but on my 10,3 save he got regular play at Villarreal

as for other strikers, take a look at Aduriz (Mallorca) or Kepa (Getafe)

Hopefully I am not being overly-ambitious, but I am going to try for Monreal, Ander and Stephane Ruffier over 48 months.

After that it will be focused primarally on buying, developing and selling. (With the exception of Azpilicueta probably in the second season)

Hopefully I am not being overly-ambitious, but I am going to try for Monreal, Ander and Stephane Ruffier over 48 months.

After that it will be focused primarally on buying, developing and selling. (With the exception of Azpilicueta probably in the second season)

sounds solid, what kind of tactic do you plan for? something similar to TG's?

Still unsure about the formation, will depend on whether or not I want to use wingers.

Actually I was reading that is is better to use several different formations during a season as the AI won't know how to play against you. So I intend on using several formations, with and without wingers.

Archived