FM10: Official Athletic Club Bilbao Thread - The Lions of San Mames

ArranoBeltza

I'm not doing so well right now- I'm in December and 14th in La Liga and i didn't progress past the group stages in the Europa League due to goal difference. My team are very good at creating chances, then shooting the ball right at the keeper...

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKAY- So I played Atletico Madrid and lost 6-3, right now I'm playing Real Madrid and I'm down 4-2 at half-time. So, when I play crappy teams, my team can't finish and end up losing. When I play good teams, they can finish, but the defense is shaky.

I'm not doing so well right now- I'm in December and 14th in La Liga and i didn't progress past the group stages in the Europa League due to goal difference. My team are very good at creating chances, then shooting the ball right at the keeper...

I had the same kind of start to you, except in my case I was winning then losing, winning then losing. Very frustrating. I went out in the 2nd round of the Euro Cup to Marseille.

OKAY- So I played Atletico Madrid and lost 6-3, right now I'm playing Real Madrid and I'm down 4-2 at half-time. So, when I play crappy teams, my team can't finish and end up losing. When I play good teams, they can finish, but the defense is shaky.

I seemed to concede a lot of goals against weaker teams, rather than the big ones. For example, I conceded 4 against Almeria recently. I lost 4 times to Barca (twice in the league, twice in the Supercup), lost and drew with Real Madrid, and lost and beat Atletico. I think my 3-1 win over Atletico was my best result all season.

Finished 10th after a really disappointing end to the season. We were so close to 7th, just a few points separating Valencia, Getafe, us and Racing, but we lost 3 out of our last 4 games :(.

pretty much my opinion to, Velez dont cut it for la liga, dunno what Aristouy look like tho...

Averagly good stats, but scores goals in my setup. :) (8 minute hat trick against Perm in Europe :p)

He is 29, and I am only planning on keeping him one season, gonna sell him off for the cash. (Signed for free from L.A. Dax in lower league France)

What did you guys do with Armando?

I am thinking I can use him as a tutor and he is already "definitely staying in the game" so hopefully he would become a good coach too?

I will not get an offer greater then 200k for him.

What did you guys do with Armando?

I am thinking I can use him as a tutor and he is already "definitely staying in the game" so hopefully he would become a good coach too?

I will not get an offer greater then 200k for him.

sold him when i brought in Reisgo, it will take a few more years befor he becomes backroom staff

Planning on getting Azpilicueta at Second Season myself, and I would rather send Ramalho on loan (I think, don't know how good he gets. =\)

Besides, Zubiaurre has been averaging 8's over 5 games now. (Granted he has been playing the weaker teams mostly, as Iraola is the first choice)

Planning on getting Azpilicueta at Second Season myself, and I would rather send Ramalho on loan (I think, don't know how good he gets. =\)

Besides, Zubiaurre has been averaging 8's over 5 games now. (Granted he has been playing the weaker teams mostly, as Iraola is the first choice)

I like to keep my best yougsters around so i can do the training for them, and give them the ocational first team game, and Ramalho surly becomes good, mid session in the first year he had played Zubiaurre out of the first team and taken over the back up role to Iraola

Is there any way to make the players at Bilbao Athletic use your training schedules? Because, at the moment, it seems like they don't improve at all there for me, whereas my first teamers and Under 19s, who are on my training schedules, are progressing very nicely. I have players like Keko and Koke who are now too old for the Under 19s, and obviously not good enough for the first team yet - but I don't like the idea of them stagnating at Bilbao Athletic.

In pre-season of my second season, 2 friendly wins so far. I've chaged from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2. My transfer ins and outs:

In:

Joseba Llorente - £2.6m - Villarreal

Javier San Sebastian - 65K - Real Union

Mikel San Jose - Free - Liverpool

Outs:

Ustaritz - £2.2m - Trabzonspor

Ion Velez - £1.5m - FC Lorient

Eneko Boveda - £1m - Cesena

Loan returns:

Mikel Balenziaga - Numancia

Ander Murillo - Salamanca

Also, what's everyones experience with Inigo Perez? I brought him into the first team squad in the winter break, gave him a couple of games, and I'm pleased with his development so far.

6e170576697817.gif

I like to keep my best yougsters around so i can do the training for them, and give them the ocational first team game, and Ramalho surly becomes good, mid session in the first year he had played Zubiaurre out of the first team and taken over the back up role to Iraola

Hmm...

The way I understand it, is that training redirects where the CA gains go to in the stats, playing time actually increases CA.

I was wondering, since you can move clubs between Athletic Bilbao whenever you want, can you train them at your club, and only bring them to Athletic Bilbao during match days, then bring them back to your club?

Also, I noticed players from Athletic Bilbao can tutor your youngsters, but how does training work? Does it work in reverse too, that Athletic Bilbao train with your players? If so, can I choose which schedules they have?

Edit: Crosspost with the last post, which asked the exact same thing! :D

Inigo Perez won't improve much then what you have already unfortunately.

Might make a few millions off him though! :)

I'm going to do everything in my power to prove you wrong :cool:

Inigo Perez will be a success!

So Muniain was pretty unimpressive for me in the league early, but here I am in April and he's EXPLODED!

Starting against At. Madrid in the 5th round of the Spanish Cup (Real Sociedad knocked me out in the Semis, btw), he scored a goal in each. Then, he got a hat-trick against Valencia and has kept up scoring. Right now I'm playing Xerez at home and he has two goals and an assist.

Shame that nobody uses Castillo, he's been good for me.

I refer you to my post on the last page :D. I might be using Balenziaga more now that he's back from his loan though.

Is it just me who sees Xabier Castillo as a good player? A lot of people here seem to dump him on the bench or sell him, but I think he's very good especially considering he's only 23. If I can get his stamina up then he should be a top player imo.

I refer you to my post on the last page :D. I might be using Balenziaga more now that he's back from his loan though.

HA! I meant to respond to that post, but I couldn't find it. I'm personally going to sell Balenziaga or Koi because I bought a newgen who's good at CB and LB.

I will say, though, that due to Castillo's low stamina and fitness I do rotate him a lot, but he's my first-choice LB.

Koikili is closer to his peak and is older.

I think with Monreal as first choice, I am going to sell Iraola, use Castillo(or Balenziaga) as back up until a good offer comes in for either of them or my youth develops far enough.

Note- any links below are screens from my game

Well, the 2009-2010 season has ended in my game. Despite a shaky start to the season, my team turned it around in the second half and I managed to finish 6th and qualify for the Europa League (Table).

As far as transfers, I made San Jose's loan permanent, and the only other real player I signed was Gorka Elustondo from Real Sociedad- he did okay, but was mainly a sub for me. I'll probably keep him around for another year or two then sell him off, or I'll just let his contract expire.

Llorente, Iraizoz, and Muniain all had very good seasons, with Javi Martinez, Susaeta, and San Jose doing pretty well. In the final game of the season, I started Etxeberria as it would be his last professional game and he scored my only goal in a 1-1 draw with At. Madrid.

Here are the regens I've signed:

Francisco (LW, from Ecija)

Sergio Rodriguez (RW, from Villarreal)

Ivan (CB, from Numancia)

I also have a GK regen I started with who my scout says is good, but he hasn't developed much yet so no screens of him for now.

Anyway, hopefully in the next season my team perform a bit better in the Europa League and I'm really hoping that the youngsters I have continue to develop. As far as transfers, the only real players I'm looking at are Aranzubia and Aduriz, other than that I'll continue to focus on signing regens. I'm probably gonna dump off a few players too.

will play a bit on my Athletic save i think, having some luxery issues and will need to sell about 1-3 players to fit under the registration rules

how annoying, Balanzegia got unsettled by a smaller club and dont want to sign a new deal, seams like i may be forced to keep Koikili, just to be sure then

a vital win! hopefully Llorente's late goal will prove enough in leg 2, and it may very well allow me to play on the result

athleticvictory.png

as for Balanzegia, i will be loaning him away atleast for 6 months and keep Koikili around, if Balanzegia wants to sign a new deal i will recall him in the jan window and prolly sell Koikili then, if Balanzegia dont want to sign a new deal i will bring him back in dec and cash in on him

I. Don't. Have. CB. Available. Against. Barcelona.

72857983.jpg

what can i do? :(

edit: even in Sub19 team i don't have ANY CB. I think i'll have to use the editor, there's no way.

edit2: i won. i'm feeling dirty. but i couldn't help it.

88776824.jpg

By the way- I uploaded the latest version of my Basque 4-4-2. Check it out if you're interested, I want to at least know how well other people do with it.

almost like we can compile a set and add it to the first post now, considering that me and TG have posted the tactics we used

Can someone help me understand why Yeste's stats have shot up like this?

6paz5v.png

I was going through my list of players telling them they'd be good coaches/managers etc. and when I came across him, his stats have improved immensely! He has only had a couple of good games lately.

I haven't edited him at all if you were wondering. (This game has had 0 editing outside of the league registration business)

Archived