FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

Hey guys I'm new around here and started a save with Reds (my 2nd favourite team, the 1st is Corinthians!)

Just for the record, I'm brazilian and don't speak english very well so let's try.

Well, I saw that a few good players were injured (Skrtel, Aquilani) and atm I don't trust some players from the 1st Team (Dossena, Babel, Benayoun, Voronin) so I decided to make transfers...

Signings OUT:

Dossena £9.5M

Babel £11M

Pacheco £1.6M

Cavalieri (Loan Fee) £750k

Voronin (Loan Fee) £1.1M

Plessis £1M

Degen £2.8M

Signings IN:

Di Maria £4.5M

Kim Källström (Loan Fee) £1.6M

Jan Simunek (Loan Fee) £1.3M

Jakub Blaszczykowski (Loan Fee) £1M

Cesare Bovo (Loan Fee) £1.6M

Carlos Vela (Loan Fee) £3.5M

Eduardo Salvio £3.7M

Kyriakos Papadopoulos £2.5M

I didn't sell Benayoun cause I'll try to use him like Benitez sometimes; I prefer Di Maria rather than Babel so I brought him for AML (rotation with Riera); I plan to play Källström on MC (cause Aquilani is on a "bad trip") just for a season; same with Simunek and Bovo, that are reinforcements for DC area (cause Skrtel and Agger are injured); brought Vela to be my "pocket attacker" as I plan to rotate him with Torres (Vela will face smaller teams and/or fixtures from League Cup and FA) and to be a backup for El Niño while I don't have ideas for a young backup striker; and Salvio & Papadopoulos are for the future AMR (maybe next season I'll sell Kuyt/Benayoun) and backup DC

Well, in the pre-season we did well but I missed Torres' goals. In all the 7 games, Gerrard got himself 12 times in the scoresheet and Torres only 1 goal (in the second game he got injured for around 2 weeks).

Then I looked at the fixtures to come and surprise!

Liverpool x Everton in Anfield

Man Utd x Liverpool in Old Trafford

Yesterday I played only the first official game versus our Merseyside rivals Everton... They opened the score with Fellaini. Then I got nervous and made some touchline instructions to get forward. It worked and we turned the game around so the final score was 3x1 with an AMAZING HAT-TRICK FROM LUCAS!

Well that's it guys. I hope I didn't make big errors in "talking"/writing english.

And now I'll play the second official premier league game versus Man Utd...

You'll never walk alone!

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys I'm new around here and started a save with Reds (my 2nd favourite team, the 1st is Corinthians!)

Just for the record, I'm brazilian and don't speak english very well so let's try.

Well, I saw that a few good players were injured (Skrtel, Aquilani) and atm I don't trust some players from the 1st Team (Dossena, Babel, Benayoun, Voronin) so I decided to make transfers...

Signings OUT:

Dossena £9.5M

Babel £11M

Pacheco £1.6M

Cavalieri (Loan Fee) £750k

Voronin (Loan Fee) £1.1M

Plessis £1M

Degen £2.8M

Signings IN:

Di Maria £4.5M

Kim Källström (Loan Fee) £1.6M

Jan Simunek (Loan Fee) £1.3M

Jakub Blaszczykowski (Loan Fee) £1M

Cesare Bovo (Loan Fee) £1.6M

Carlos Vela (Loan Fee) £3.5M

Eduardo Salvio £3.7M

Kyriakos Papadopoulos £2.5M

I didn't sell Benayoun cause I'll try to use him like Benitez sometimes; I prefer Di Maria rather than Babel so I brought him for AML (rotation with Riera); I plan to play Källström on MC (cause Aquilani is on a "bad trip") just for a season; same with Simunek and Bovo, that are reinforcements for DC area (cause Skrtel and Agger are injured); brought Vela to be my "pocket attacker" as I plan to rotate him with Torres (Vela will face smaller teams and/or fixtures from League Cup and FA) and to be a backup for El Niño while I don't have ideas for a young backup striker; and Salvio & Papadopoulos are for the future AMR (maybe next season I'll sell Kuyt/Benayoun) and backup DC

Well, in the pre-season we did well but I missed Torres' goals. In all the 7 games, Gerrard got himself 12 times in the scoresheet and Torres only 1 goal (in the second game he got injured for around 2 weeks).

Then I looked at the fixtures to come and surprise!

Liverpool x Everton in Anfield

Man Utd x Liverpool in Old Trafford

Yesterday I played only the first official game versus our Merseyside rivals Everton... They opened the score with Fellaini. Then I got nervous and made some touchline instructions to get forward. It worked and we turned the game around so the final score was 3x1 with an AMAZING HAT-TRICK FROM LUCAS!

Well that's it guys. I hope I didn't make big errors in "talking"/writing english.

And now I'll play the second official premier league game versus Man Utd...

You'll never walk alone!

Welcome to the forums :) always nice to beat the blue noses

Good luck with the rest of your save keep us updated

I've started for Liverpool as always, 17 games played in EPL and I'm first with 38 points, 1 point ahead of MU and 2 points ahead of Chelsea.

Lost to Fulham, Wolves and West Ham :|

Sold:

Babel - 11.5M € (Man City)

Lucas - 12M € (Chelsea, fans hate me for that)

Benayoun - 11.5M € (Tottenham)

Cavalieri - 3.9M € (Panathinaikos)

Dossena - 6M € (Napoli)

Degen - 3.3M € (Stoke)

Voronin - 7.75M € (Sunderland)

Bought:

Miguel Veloso - 13.75M €

Dario Srna - 21M €

Oscar Cardozo - 8M €

Andres Guardado - 8.5M €

Gerrard plays extremely well (never played well for me before btw), scores a lot of long range screamers (14 goals in 17 games) and has an average rating of 7.64

Thanks lfc7

In the Premier League we are still unbeaten (5 played/5 victories/2 points ahead of Sunderland & Arsenal), which 3 matches were against our rivals (Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea).

In the Champions League, Inter and Rangers are strong teams but I believe we can qualify if we get good results in Anfield.

In the League Cup, we did 3x1 away against Nottingham County for the Third Round.

Premier League:

Man Utd 0x1 Liverpool

Liverpool 2x0 Chelsea

UEFA Champions League Group (Liverpool, Inter, Rangers, Kobenhavn):

Liverpool 1x0 Rangers

League Cup 3rd Round:

Notts Co 1x3 Liverpool

My next matches are Blackburn (home) for Premier L. and Inter (away) for Champions L.. And for L. Cup 4th Round we'll face Watford (home).

Just finished my first full season with Liverpool. Won the league with a game to spare, ended up 5 points ahead of United in second place.

Didnt do to well in any cup competitions. Lost in the 4th round of the Carling cup to Arsenal, Lost in the Semi-Final of the FA cup to Chelsea, and despite beating Barcelona 2-0 at home in the first leg, was put out of the Chmpions league at the 2nd Knockout round.

Gerrard finished up with 27 goals and 25 assists in all competitions set as a Trequartista. Torres finished with 43 goals in 46 games in all competitions.

Well after the abysmal 1-0 home defeat to the "mighty" Hull, quickly followed it up with a 3-0 away win against Birmingham with Torres getting a brace and Carra with a diving header.

Then up next was Man Utd at home. Managed to come away with a 3-2 win, Masch putting us ahead on 7 only for Aurelio to give away a pen for 1-1. Second half Rooney scores for 1-2, then I decide to go counter attacking as they push to finish us off, and Torres quickly equalises. Then I smell blood and go attacking for Torres to score the winner on 87mins. Good times!

Thanks lfc7

In the Premier League we are still unbeaten (5 played/5 victories/2 points ahead of Sunderland & Arsenal), which 3 matches were against our rivals (Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea).

In the Champions League, Inter and Rangers are strong teams but I believe we can qualify if we get good results in Anfield.

In the League Cup, we did 3x1 away against Nottingham County for the Third Round.

Premier League:

Man Utd 0x1 Liverpool

Liverpool 2x0 Chelsea

UEFA Champions League Group (Liverpool, Inter, Rangers, Kobenhavn):

Liverpool 1x0 Rangers

League Cup 3rd Round:

Notts Co 1x3 Liverpool

My next matches are Blackburn (home) for Premier L. and Inter (away) for Champions L.. And for L. Cup 4th Round we'll face Watford (home).

What formation you using? some nice results youve got there

Just finished my first full season with Liverpool. Won the league with a game to spare, ended up 5 points ahead of United in second place.

Didnt do to well in any cup competitions. Lost in the 4th round of the Carling cup to Arsenal, Lost in the Semi-Final of the FA cup to Chelsea, and despite beating Barcelona 2-0 at home in the first leg, was put out of the Chmpions league at the 2nd Knockout round.

Gerrard finished up with 27 goals and 25 assists in all competitions set as a Trequartista. Torres finished with 43 goals in 46 games in all competitions.

Well done on your league win :thup: am using Gerrard as Trequartista and Torres as Advanced Forward with target man ticked and ball to feet still only a few days in as my last save crashed so had to start again

Struggling to beat the lower teams (lost to Stoke and Burnley, drew with Wisla in the CL, and scraped wins past Hull in the LC and Wolves) anyone else the same?

Torres scoring a few but missing alot of sitters too, get him set as a complete forward as he has the right stats but might change him to a poacher.

For anybody in season two how much money did you get? (I know its going to change game to game but I could get a rough estimate)

i am 6 games into my 1st season and for the first time on FM i have Torres firing on all cylinders after just 6 games he has scored 11 every time i play as LFC Torres has always been hit and miss for me. So i am doing well this season 4th only downside i played a weakened side in the league cup and lost 3-2 to Ipswich. I have signed Kone, Ronaldo (brazilian) and Litmanen i have sold Babel, Dossena and Voronin on loan.

More Updates soon

Did my best to get two quality players for each position during the summer, which was really hard given the budget!

Sold Dossena, Degen, Voronin, Babel, N'Gog and Lucas.

Brought in Di Maria, Hamsik, Lavezzi and Hernanes.

The squad is a short on the right hand side, and i would have preferred a better 4th choice centre back but this will do me.

Reina/Cavilieri

Johnson

Agger/Carragher

Skrtel/Kryiagos

Insua/Aurelio

Kuyt/Benayoun

Mascherano/Hernanes

Hamsik/Aquiliani

Di Maria/Riera

Gerrard

Torres/Lavezzi

Currently playing with a 4-1-3-1-1 formation, with Mascherano/Hernanes as the holding midfielder, Hamsik/Aquliani playing box-to-box and Gerrard in behind Torres. 24 games in to the season, and i have won 17, lost 4 and drawn 3 leaving me top on goal difference from United.

I have the best attack in the league and also the best defence, only problem is a couple of really unexpected defeats. Wolves have managed to take 4 points from me, and Bolton destroyed me 4-1!! Got knocked out of the league cup playing a weakened side, but im still in the Champions League and the FA Cup.. Gerrard has an astonishing 28 goals, with an injury plagued Torres on 16. Hamsik and Kuyt have been chipping in also, with Lavezzi finally finding his scoring boots. Skrtel also has a Champions League hat-trick to his name.

Man United up next..

i am 6 games into my 1st season and for the first time on FM i have Torres firing on all cylinders after just 6 games he has scored 11 every time i play as LFC Torres has always been hit and miss for me. So i am doing well this season 4th only downside i played a weakened side in the league cup and lost 3-2 to Ipswich. I have signed Kone, Ronaldo (brazilian) and Litmanen i have sold Babel, Dossena and Voronin on loan.

More Updates soon

Gerrard & Torres have been on fire for me 20 goals each already in Jan as well in my 1st season.

What instructions you both using for Torres?

Am going to stick with Advanced forward and target man ball to feet as when he had this on the demo he scored 26 in 26

Hey guys im new here, but figured id finally get around to post as something is bugging me. i'm 8 games into my first season, top of the league but really struggling to keep a clean sheet. i'd post some screen shots of my tactics but i cant find where they are stored once i press print screen :(

Once you've pressed the "print screen" button on your keyboard, open up a programme such as paint and then CTRL + V or go to the drop down menus and press paste. Hope that helps.

Hey guys im new here, but figured id finally get around to post as something is bugging me. i'm 8 games into my first season, top of the league but really struggling to keep a clean sheet. i'd post some screen shots of my tactics but i cant find where they are stored once i press print screen :(

Welcome to the forums :) the more reds posting the better

Good opening post and it's good to see the thread back for this new season. Was wondering though where people are getting £45m transfer budgets from? I know with adjusting budgets and obviously selling brings money in but it just seems quite a lot.

Anyway having just started with the full game I am at the moment top after 11 games jointly with Chelsea on 25 points. Not really brought anyhting in player wise of any note. A couple of loans and frees.

I am also progressing well in the cup competitions and will post soon images of system and results.

Transfer ins & outs.

Nothing exciting at all but I like not to change things too drastically to begin with. I figure the squad is pretty decent anyway and would like to 'drop' the odd big signing in rather than buy and sell for the sake of it. Doesn't make it right or wrong but just how I like to do it.

Transfercentre.jpg

This is what I'm using at the moment but it gets tweaked between another which uses an AMC, normally either Gerrard or Aquilani, and 2 central midfielders.

System.jpg

Results so far

Resultssofar.jpg

How it stands after 11 league games. Not too bad but hopefully there's more to come and we're really starting to play well now creating lots of chances.

Leagueafter11games.jpg

What formation you using? some nice results youve got there

I'm using a 4-2-3-1, fluid, counter/control/attacking, direct, expressive, press more, cautious, zonal, float cross, more roaming

GK (Goalkeeper)

DL & DR (Fullback; defend)

DC & DC (Central; stopper)

DMC (Defensive; defend)

MC (Ball Win; support)

AMC (Adv Playmaker; attack)

AML (Winger; attack)

AMR (Winger; support)

ST (Poacher; attack)

Sometimes I send touchline instructions depending on how the match is running.

Just another little update:

We beated Inter for the Champions League, in Giuseppe Meazza, 3x1 (Gerrard lost a penalty to Júlio César)

In the Premier League, Arsenal fell down for us in Emirates, 2x0 with debut goal from Salvio.

I'm pretty satisfied with this tactic for the "early season"

I'm using a 4-2-3-1, fluid, counter/control/attacking, direct, expressive, press more, cautious, zonal, float cross, more roaming

GK (Goalkeeper)

DMC (Defensive; defend)

MC (Ball Win; support)

AML (Winger; attack)

AMR (Winger; support)

ST (Poacher; attack)

We beated Inter for the Champions League, in Giuseppe Meazza, 3x1 (Gerrard lost a penalty to Júlio César)

In the Premier League, Arsenal fell down for us in Emirates, 2x0 with debut goal from Salvio.

Hey sounds like a dumb question but how does one send touchline instructions? I click on the tactics portion at the top, there is touchline instructions, then i try to click on it like they say, but there is only one small cross out box. How do you do it?

playeroftheyear.jpg

Wow, look at all the accolades for Torres! And I'm only halfway through my 1st season! Not to mention that he scored 4 goals in a game against both Man Utd and Man City!

(Tip: Torres as Advanced Forward, set to Target Man with Ball to Feet)

Just signed Ashley Young for 20m during the winter window. Certainly hope he can cut it. He's English, so I should probably have no worries. Anyone else bought him for Pool?

Good opening post and it's good to see the thread back for this new season. Was wondering though where people are getting £45m transfer budgets from? I know with adjusting budgets and obviously selling brings money in but it just seems quite a lot.

Anyway having just started with the full game I am at the moment top after 11 games jointly with Chelsea on 25 points. Not really brought anyhting in player wise of any note. A couple of loans and frees.

I am also progressing well in the cup competitions and will post soon images of system and results.

Am getting money as i sell most of the squad off get half of the fees then do all my ins over 48 months so only a tiny bit come soff at a time

For e.g if i bought someone for £20M over 48 months only £5M would come off my budget

GK (Goalkeeper)

DMC (Defensive; defend)

MC (Ball Win; support)

AML (Winger; attack)

AMR (Winger; support)

ST (Poacher; attack)

playeroftheyear.jpg

Wow, look at all the accolades for Torres! And I'm only halfway through my 1st season! Not to mention that he scored 4 goals in a game against both Man Utd and Man City!

(Tip: Torres as Advanced Forward, set to Target Man with Ball to Feet)

Just signed Ashley Young for 20m during the winter window. Certainly hope he can cut it. He's English, so I should probably have no worries. Anyone else bought him for Pool?

Thats how i have Torres set up i posted it a few posts up on both my demo save she got about the same goals as games i also ask him to learn the place shots PPM

Havent had A.Young on FM10 but let us know how he performs

currently in feb and struggling in 6th, started very bad losing 6 games running ended up 17th pulled my way back to 3rd but the injurys i keep getting have forced me back down to 6th. got into the league cup final against man u and lyon in the last 16 of the champions league. hull are the team i have to beat to progress in the F.A cup so not too bad there.

players in:

areola - PSG £40k

di maria - benfica £2.8m

delfounso - aston villa £12.5m

papastathopolous - genoa loan fee £2.4m

fleck - rangers £3m

van nistelrooy - real madrid £700k

criestig - inter £1.8m

total: £23m

out:

threfeall accrington loan

babel man city £11.5

dossena man city £9.5m

voronin sunderland £6m

degen stoke £5.75m

kacaniklic grimsbury loan

bruna getafe £500k

pachecho birmingham £625k

plessis derby £850k

darby swansea £575k

kelly coventry £550k

delfounso preston loan

el zhar peterborough loan £500k

dalla valle nottingham forrest loan

fleck nottingham forrest loan £300k

ayala shef utd loan

buchtmann werder bremen £500k

delfounson nottingham forrest loan (latest after he came back from preston)

weijl macclsefield loan

ngog udinise loan

ince rochdale loan

el zhar nottingham forrest loan (after peterborough)

total: £37m

torres and agger currently out injured. so all in all not a good season so far for me.

stevie G out for now...

Just getting to play my first game after changing alot of stuff. Beat the reserve lads 2-0. Good game too.

Torres and Gerrard getting the goals, abit annoyed though since it could easily have been 5-0 if it weren't for Voronin's poor finishing.

OK, lads. Only getting to play the game now due to work and stuff. So far everything is going fine. (Except no one said hi to me, I've been forgotten again! :(;) )

Well, Anyone got ideas on a formation to play?

Alright KB mate :) i had to start again after my save crashed ive nearly finished pre-season when i do ill post my transfers i signed Villa for £60M but have no money left for backup for my wingers ohwell

Alright KB mate :) i had to start again after my save crashed ive nearly finished pre-season when i do ill post my transfers i signed Villa for £60M but have no money left for backup for my wingers ohwell

Hello, lfc. :D

How did you get 60m? I can't get anything off the owners. lol.

For some reason I can't find the place were you can tell players to changed their preferred moves either. :(

EDIT: Oh never mind found it. :)

Hello, lfc. :D

How did you get 60m? I can't get anything off the owners. lol.

For some reason I can't find the place were you can tell players to changed their preferred moves either. :(

EDIT: Oh never mind found it. :)

I didnt exactly get £60 the deal is £20M upfront with £40M over 48 months if you sell a good bit of the squad then make your incomings over 48 months you can get a good few players but the only thing is the club might go in the red (if it does it does)

Ah. ok. Well, Torres isn't doing too well to be honest in my save, he should be scoring alot more. Whereas Stevie is scoring left, right and centre! Also, I think I found a bug, the commentator said "Gerrard has paid back a large chunk of the transfer fee tonight" but Gerrard has been in the first team for like 10 years? lol.

Here is my transfers from my new save (fingers crossed it dosent crash)

transfersseason1fm10.jpg

My squad now looks like this

GK - Reina - Areola

DR - Johnson - Carra

DL - Insua - Mattock

DC - Carra - Skrtel

DC - Agger - Otamendi

CM(D) - Mascherano - Lucas

CM(A) - Aquilani - Buonanotte

AMR - Di Salvio - Gerrard

AML - Di Maria - Riera

AMC - Gerrard - VDV

ST - Torres - Villa - Lukaku

Am still trying to get 1 or 2 loans in if i can but my wages are 33K in the rd due to the Villa deal

Also Gerrard was on fire in pre-season am hoping he takes this form in to the season

stevieg.jpg

Here is my transfers from my new save (fingers crossed it dosent crash)

transfersseason1fm10.jpg

My squad now looks like this

GK - Reina - Areola

DR - Johnson - Carra

DL - Insua - Mattock

DC - Carra - Skrtel

DC - Agger - Otamendi

CM(D) - Mascherano - Lucas

CM(A) - Aquilani - Buonanotte

AMR - Di Salvio - Gerrard

AML - Di Maria - Riera

AMC - Gerrard - VDV

ST - Torres - Villa - Lukaku

Am still trying to get 1 or 2 loans in if i can but my wages are 33K in the rd due to the Villa deal

Also Gerrard was on fire in pre-season am hoping he takes this form in to the season

stevieg.jpg

Yeah thats the same with Gerrard in my save! He wouldn't stop scoring!

Anyway, All the friendlies are done, slightly worried with Torres to be honest:

lfc.png

Looking at that, I shouldn't be but compared to Gerrard that's not enough, Voronin has scored more for god sake! lol.

KB set Torres as a Poacher, in my first season he scored 45 goals in 46 games in all competitions!

Yeah I did that for his last two games and he got 2 in 2. I suppose I should wait awhile to see how he progresses. I also told him to place his shots, that was a godly move in FM 09 and 08 so hopefully it still does the trick. :thup:

Yeah I did that for his last two games and he got 2 in 2. I suppose I should wait awhile to see how he progresses. I also told him to place his shots, that was a godly move in FM 09 and 08 so hopefully it still does the trick. :thup:

I also told him to "Run with ball through centre", he was unstoppable and won quite a few penalties over the season.

Anybody think off a good back-up for Torres? I just sold Kuyt in my 2nd season, and Ngog is my only other striker...:eek:

Archived