FM10: Official Liverpool thread - Home of El Niño

weeeman27bob

Another update from my 1st season which I'm half season, the January window just got started..

Premier League:

We are at top of the league with 1 match and 7 points ahead of United.

51 points, 21 played, 16 won, 3 drawn, 2 lost, 45 goals for (best attack), 13 goals against (3rd best defense)

Top Goalscorer - Rooney 16 (3 ahead of Gerrard)

Top Assists - Kuyt 9 (1 ahead of SWP)

Champions League Group (Liverpool, Rangers, Inter, Kobenhavn):

L'pool 1x0 Kobenhavn

Kobenhavn 3x1 L'pool

Rangers 0x3 L'pool

L'pool 2x0 Inter

Liverpool and Inter qualified for 1st Knockout Round

League Cup:

(4th Round) L'pool 2x0 Watford

(Quarter final) Aston Villa 1x2 L'pool

(Semifinal 1st Leg) L'pool x Chelsea

Note: This match against Chelsea was very good!

In the beggining of the match, 21 seconds, Gerrard made 1x0 thank to a mistake by Cech. At minute 9, Essien equalized after a cross from Hernanes 1x1. At 17", the Blues' Cassano turned around with a counter-attack move 1x2. At 26 minutes, Hernanes crossed and Lampard made 1x3. Still in the 1st half 42", Gerrard minimized 2x3 in a rebound. In the half-time I made the team talk and didn't change any role. At 85 minutes, Kuyt equalized in a rebound 3x3. Then we started to press them like beasts. And in the 89" Torres provided Di Maria who turned the match around again 4x3. With this result I got happy but then... At the 90+3 minutes, Gerrard provided Torres and we got 5x3! WOW! It was an awesome match, the best I've played in FM10 till now! But Gerrard taken a knock :(

For signings I'm still trying some things, I'll post it up later.

Anybody think off a good back-up for Torres? I just sold Kuyt in my 2nd season, and Ngog is my only other striker...:eek:

I need a backup too. Torres got injured for half season in my save and Vela doesn't shown much.. :(

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah thats the same with Gerrard in my save! He wouldn't stop scoring!

Anyway, All the friendlies are done, slightly worried with Torres to be honest:

lfc.png

Looking at that, I shouldn't be but compared to Gerrard that's not enough, Voronin has scored more for god sake! lol.

I have Torres as Advanced Forward and set as target man with ball to feet

I also told him to "Run with ball through centre", he was unstoppable and won quite a few penalties over the season.

Anybody think off a good back-up for Torres? I just sold Kuyt in my 2nd season, and Ngog is my only other striker...:eek:

How about Dzeko, Balotelli, cant think of any more aas am not on my save at the moment

Damn it, just drew to Everton 2-2 on the first day. :(

We should have won it too.

Unlucky

Oh ffs. Typical Football Manager. Winning 2-1 AGAIN, this time against Chelsea, and they score a late goal.

2-2 again. :|

Unlucky again try and change something for the last 10 mins if winning i.e more defensive

I need a backup too. Torres got injured for half season in my save and Vela doesn't shown much.. :(

I bought Artem Mislyskyi from Dinamo Kiev, he seems to be doing a decent job got 5 goals in 1(6) appearances. Would recomend him as he only cost me £5million!

I bought Artem Mislyskyi from Dinamo Kiev, he seems to be doing a decent job got 5 goals in 1(6) appearances. Would recomend him as he only cost me £5million!

I never said that quote?

Also, I beat Arsenal and Stoke but I'm upset with Torres still. Also, thanks for the advice lfc but, how do I set him to both Advanced forward and target man?

EDIT: Never mind! I found it, lol. :)

won the league cup after an 80th minute steven gerrard goal against man utd, just lost the F.A cup semi to tottenham 1-0 and drew barcelona in the semi's of the champions league after beating chelsea 2-1 at stamford bridge and 2-0 at anfield. still not doing so well in the league and will not make 4th. 5th is the best i can hope for.

Am top of the league in January :)

Playing my own 4132 formation, with Torres and Dzeko my front pair, Aquilani AMC and Steg on the right, Babel on the left. Swap Monster with Toulalan in DMC role. Had bought Toulalan to partner Monster, but then I figured why not play two strikers and just one DMC - awesome.

Dzeko is a beast. Outscores Nando but both have ~ 20 goals.

Only concern is that as Dzeko and Toulalan were lots of cash over 48 months, the club may fold. Annoying as I don't *need* Toulalan now anyway :(

Let's see how it goes.

I also told him to "Run with ball through centre", he was unstoppable and won quite a few penalties over the season.

I'm planning to sell Kuyt too. After using him for more than half a season, I realized that he's only half decent, both as a striker and as a winger.

I brought in Ashley Young for 20m. He had 2 assists on his debut. Needs no introduction to English football I guess. And he is certainly a signing that will take Liverpool to the next level.

Usually I play him on the right. But he can play anywhere from left center right midfield to striker. If Torres is injured, I'll slot Benayoun onto the right and put Young up front. I like pacy strikers. I rely on the offside trap alot.

Not bad because you probably only play 1 striker and that's Torres. I don't wanna waste $ buying another natural striker to sit beside Ngog on the bench.

Edit: I have Marco Borriello on loan though, but he's rotting in my reserves. He totally can't click with Gerrard. Can't terminate his loan for some reason, maybe bug. Ngog has more goals than him!

I'm struggling with setting up my tactics a bit, here's my ins and outs and current line up.

IN:

Mirko Vucinic £18.5m

Arda Turan £10m

Mileyvski £7.5m

VDV £1.8m (loan)

Lukovic £200k (loan)

Vincent Enymea £500k

OUT:

Cavialari £7m

Dossena £9m

Aurelio £7m

Babel £9m

Plessis £1m

Voronin £6m

I'm lining up like this.

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel Insua

Mascherano

VDV

Turan Gerrard Vucinic

Torres

Reina: Sweeper keeper

Johnson: Attack

Carragher: Defend

Skrtel: Defend

Insua: Support

Mascherano: Defensive midfielder, defend

VDV: Deep lying playmaker, support

Turan: Winger, attack

Gerrard: Trequartista

Vucinic: Inside forward, attack

Torres: Complete forward, support

I need some help to succesfully build this tactic, at the moment I play good passing possession football and I'm reasonably solid at the back. I just lack penetration and Vucinic could be more effective but I'm unsure what to change, any tips would be gratefully received.

:D

To LFCMatt7.

If it were down to me... Gerrard to be Inside Forward (Attack). Torres to be Advanced Forward (Attack). No way you're putting Torres on Support!

My latest stats for the 2 players:

Torres: 24(2) Appearances, 28 Goals, 2 Assists, 6 MoM [link]

Gerrard: 26(1) Appearances, 13 Goals, 16 Assists, 6 MoM

Edit: Hehe. Old Scouser Tommy, you're almost at the same date as me.

To LFCMatt7.

If it were down to me... Gerrard to be Inside Forward (Attack). Torres to be Advanced Forward (Attack). No way you're putting Torres on Support!

My latest stats for the 2 players:

Torres: 24(2) Appearances, 28 Goals, 2 Assists, 6 MoM [link]

Gerrard: 26(1) Appearances, 13 Goals, 16 Assists, 6 MoM

Edit: Hehe. Old Scouser Tommy, you're almost at the same date as me.

Cheers for the advice. I changed Torres to a support role as he was getting isolated and simply marked out of games, with support role on he plays alot more like he does in real life and runs at defences alot more. I should also add I'm playing at a quick tempo with more direct passing on and my philosophy is fluid, does this sound ok?

Haha. You should work on your supplying midfielders instead of changing Torres around. Maybe you can refer to my tactics. Might help... I don't know whether it suits you though.

4-4-1-1. [link]

1 x Advanced Playmaker Support

2 x Wingers Attack

1 x Inside Forward Attack

1 x Advanced Forward Attack

Fluid Philosophy. Pass Shorter. Press More.

Results:

epltable.jpg

Haha. You should work on your supplying midfielders instead of changing Torres around. Maybe you can refer to my tactics. Might help... I don't know whether it suits you though.

4-4-1-1. [link]

1 x Advanced Playmaker Support

2 x Wingers Attack

1 x Inside Forward Attack

1 x Advanced Forward Attack

Fluid Philosophy. Pass Shorter. Press More.

Cheers pal, I'll have a look at them. I don't think I'd be able to integrate Vucinic into a 4 man midfield though, thats the only problem. I might be able to get some ideas from them though, thanks :)

Cheers pal, I'll have a look at them. I don't think I'd be able to integrate Vucinic into a 4 man midfield though, thats the only problem. I might be able to get some ideas from them though, thanks :)

Maybe you can drag the 2 wingers higher to AML AMR positions. Change one CM to Ball Winner/Box to Box to balance the team up else you'll be pwned in the middle of the park. :D

But if you do that, you would have to sacrifice VdV for either Aquilani/Lucas. VdV can be a good back up for Gerrard's position though. :thup:

---

Dil10: No, they are still banging it in for me like before! If not more!

:D going to go and buy the full game tomorrow!

Im playing a 4-4-1-1

Gerrard has played 29 games and has 28 goals and 10 assists. 8 mom.

Torres has played 28 games and has 35 goals and 6 assists. 11 mom.

any tips for a new centreback? aggers stats are kind of average so i want to sell.

Im playing a 4-4-1-1

any tips for a new centreback? aggers stats are kind of average so i want to sell.

ZAPATA.

£10m. Cheap and good. Might take a while to gel, so ease him in. No problems at all for me whatsoever, so far.

Im playing a 4-4-1-1

I bought Otamendi, he's a young Cb that has pace to burn and only cost ~£3million

I'm struggling with setting up my tactics a bit, here's my ins and outs and current line up.

IN:

Mirko Vucinic £18.5m

Arda Turan £10m

Mileyvski £7.5m

VDV £1.8m (loan)

Lukovic £200k (loan)

Vincent Enymea £500k

OUT:

Cavialari £7m

Dossena £9m

Aurelio £7m

Babel £9m

Plessis £1m

Voronin £6m

I'm lining up like this.

Reina

Johnson Carragher Skrtel Insua

Mascherano

VDV

Turan Gerrard Vucinic

Torres

Reina: Sweeper keeper

Johnson: Attack

Carragher: Defend

Skrtel: Defend

Insua: Support

Mascherano: Defensive midfielder, defend

VDV: Deep lying playmaker, support

Turan: Winger, attack

Gerrard: Trequartista

Vucinic: Inside forward, attack

Torres: Complete forward, support

I need some help to succesfully build this tactic, at the moment I play good passing possession football and I'm reasonably solid at the back. I just lack penetration and Vucinic could be more effective but I'm unsure what to change, any tips would be gratefully received.

:D

I have Torres set as Advanced Forward and as target man with ball to feet

He can slot in right away tbh, he has Tackling 16, marking 16, and Heading 15. Concentration 15, anticipation 16 and positioning 18. Then his physical stats are better than Agger's and Skrtel's!

only has heading 12 and marking/tackling 15 on my game? :confused: are his stats random?

Otamendi doesn't know English, so it would be bit risky at first. But I'm sure he would get along well as many of the squad players speak Spanish.

Carragher will perform excellent for the 1st season, at least. I'm still using Skrtel and Carra as 1st choices though. Zapata has overtaken the out-of-form Johnson on the right, till I trust him enough to start him in the middle. Would sell Agger if someone comes in with a bid for him. And also Srktel if > £10m.

Neeeeeed cash.

To: Dil10

Good for you!

I signed Guti and VdV on loan as cover. LOL. Sent Guti back to Madrid during winter as I now have Hamsik rising up to take over. You can try Camacho next season. £3. My coaches rate him as future quality player.

My Liverpool career so far..i see that most of you have sold Babel for a nice tidy fee and i tried to follow suit and but some -10 and -9 wonderkids but i was unable to get rid of him...well i am so glad that i have kept hold of him because he has scored 8 in 20 games in the A/Mid role and have an average rating of 7.34,not bad..the liverpool defence is so poor,maybe my tactics..there is just no pace there! Skrtel loves to dive into tackles which i hate,he wont adapt so im going to sell him..anyone bought the defender Omer Toprak? Looks like a nice pacey replacement for carragher.

finished 6th in the league, not a great first season won the league cup against man utd (barely) lost out in the fa cup semis to tottenham and just scraped through against barcelona to the final of the champions league against arsenal. fernando torres has been sensational this season along with gerrard.

Torres: 28 league games 28 league goals, 6 cup games 6 cup goals, 10 european games 12 european goals 11 MoM 44 appearances 46 goals.

Gerrard:27 league appearances 14 league gols, 6 cup appearances 4 cup goals, 10 european appearances 4 european goals 22 seasonal assists 22 goals in 43 appearances.

about to play the final game of the season against arsenal champions league final here i come a bad result here will more than likely see me sacked....heres hoping the result goes well

Stevie G...Glory or insanity awaits...

Otamendi doesn't know English, so it would be bit risky at first. But I'm fine he would get along well as many of the squad players speak Spanish.

Carragher will perform excellent for the 1st season, at least. I'm still using Skrtel and Carra as 1st choices though. Zapata has overtaken the out-of-form Johnson on the right, till I trust him enough to start him in the middle. Would sell Agger if someone comes in with a bid for him. And also Srktel if > £10m.

Neeeeeed cash.

Yh carra is pretty solid, have u tried kyrigiakos as a limited defender? his actual defending stats are pretty sound. doesnt zapata limit you attacking wise on the right?

Yh i need cash aswell, loaned in dos santos and he is my only option for the right flank, i use reira when dos santos is fatigued, hoping gerrard and torres will fire me to the prem and then can get some funds to buy david silva :D

I'm in half way through the second season, had Carragher tutoring him first year which improved his mental attributes.

oh yh im gonna sign him then, currently in the 1st season jan window. how did your first season go?

Yh carra is pretty solid, have u tried kyrigiakos as a limited defender? his actual defending stats are pretty sound. doesnt zapata limit you attacking wise on the right?

Yh i need cash aswell, loaned in dos santos and he is my only option for the right flank, i use reira when dos santos is fatigued, hoping gerrard and torres will fire me to the prem and then can get some funds to buy david silva :D

Yeah I watch him on 3D and he looks so cute when attacking. Only playing short passes to the guys around him. But it's okay because my midfielders are pretty attacking in nature. Only Mascherano is falling back to defend. Zapata is playing behind my Ashley Young. So he helps keep my team defensively sound.

Will bring back Glen Johnson soon!!! He is too good to be missed out on. Zapata has to have a bad game 1st, but it hasn't happened yet! Jeez.

PS: I loaned Kyrigiakos out. He kept getting outpaced in pre-season against weak oppositions. Wasn't gonna take a chance.

Here is my transfers from my new save (fingers crossed it dosent crash)

transfersseason1fm10.jpg

My squad now looks like this

GK - Reina - Areola

DR - Johnson - Carra

DL - Insua - Mattock

DC - Carra - Skrtel

DC - Agger - Otamendi

CM(D) - Mascherano - Lucas

CM(A) - Aquilani - Buonanotte

AMR - Di Salvio - Gerrard

AML - Di Maria - Riera

AMC - Gerrard - VDV

ST - Torres - Villa - Lukaku

Am still trying to get 1 or 2 loans in if i can but my wages are 33K in the rd due to the Villa deal

Also Gerrard was on fire in pre-season am hoping he takes this form in to the season

stevieg.jpg

Wow Lfc good one signing Villa Ive never signed him before.Also great signings Btw ill post some SS later on of my game.

oh yh im gonna sign him then, currently in the 1st season jan window. how did your first season go?

First season went relatively well, won the league by 5 points. Didnt do so well in the cup competitions though so aiming to do better in Europe this season.

Bought quite a few players at the start of the 2nd season including Dzeko, Hamsik and Inler. Had to change the formation to accomodate Torres and Dzeko, but it's working well so far, rotating all the midfielders as there is Gerrard, Aquilani, Hamsik, Gourcouff, Inler, Mascherano, Lucas and Di Maria!

Sitting 2nd in the league with a game in hand of Chelsea who are 1 point ahead. Also sitting top of the Champs League group, in which i got an easy draw with Galatasaray, Zaragoza and

Anderlecht.

:thup:

How's your season going so far?

First season went relatively well, won the league by 5 points. Didnt do so well in the cup competitions though so aiming to do better in Europe this season.

Bought quite a few players at the start of the 2nd season including Dzeko, Hamsik and Inler. Had to change the formation to accomodate Torres and Dzeko, but it's working well so far, rotating all the midfielders as there is Gerrard, Aquilani, Hamsik, Gourcouff, Inler, Mascherano, Lucas and Di Maria!

Sitting 2nd in the league with a game in hand of Chelsea who are 1 point ahead. Also sitting top of the Champs League group, in which i got an easy draw with Galatasaray, Zaragoza and

Anderlecht.

Yeah decent transfers there. My season is going brilliant :D. brought in di maria, vargas, lux and guti. made a 4-4-1-1 formation and my goal outlet is basically gerrard and torres with the odd goal from a centreback, unbeaten in the league so far only blemish is a penalty carling cup loss to spurs, really need a right mid though in this window, any ideas for a cheap one? dont mind age, just need him to finish the season out. wish beckham would join but hes not having it lol.

Here is my transfers from my new save (fingers crossed it dosent crash)

transfersseason1fm10.jpg

My squad now looks like this

GK - Reina - Areola

DR - Johnson - Carra

DL - Insua - Mattock

DC - Carra - Skrtel

DC - Agger - Otamendi

CM(D) - Mascherano - Lucas

CM(A) - Aquilani - Buonanotte

AMR - Di Salvio - Gerrard

AML - Di Maria - Riera

AMC - Gerrard - VDV

ST - Torres - Villa - Lukaku

Am still trying to get 1 or 2 loans in if i can but my wages are 33K in the rd due to the Villa deal

Also Gerrard was on fire in pre-season am hoping he takes this form in to the season

stevieg.jpg

glennb73: how did u make all those transfers? i sold a good 50m worth of players but the americans take the best part of it. how did you get villa for 60m? share your tips lol...

I didnt make the transfers LFC made them was just replying to the post would be great if i got Villa.

glennb73: how did u make all those transfers? i sold a good 50m worth of players but the americans take the best part of it. how did you get villa for 60m? share your tips lol...

All i did was transfer list everyone i didnt want on day 1 and put all my bids in for whoever i wanted aswell and when it come to buying Villa who was my last Purchase i had a £15M balance and about 284k spare in wage budget (from selling all the players i didnt want freeing up loads of wages) so i transfered the excess wage budget and had about £30M which i then used to buy Villa £20M upfront and £40M over 48 months which took the £30M from my budget

I might go bankrupt by the end of the season but you dont know if you dont try

All i did was transfer list everyone i didnt want on day 1 and put all my bids in for whoever i wanted aswell and when it come to buying Villa who was my last Purchase i had a £15M balance and about 284k spare in wage budget (from selling all the players i didnt want freeing up loads of wages) so i transfered the excess wage budget and had about £30M which i then used to buy Villa £20M upfront and £40M over 48 months which took the £30M from my budget

I might go bankrupt by the end of the season but you dont know if you dont try

lol true. how are mattock and buonanotte doing for you?

Wow Lfc good one signing Villa Ive never signed him before.Also great signings Btw ill post some SS later on of my game.

Thanks glenn

Anderlecht.

Well done on your league win am only 3 league game sin at the moment

2-0 victory won the champions league although board think i should of done better. no pleasing those yanks :(

Well done on your CL win

lol true. how are mattock and buonanotte doing for you?

Havent really played Mattock yet being playing Insua but Buonanotte is a beast playing him in CM as Advanced playmaker (support) and he scored a 30yarder against W.Ham away

Havent really played Mattock yet being playing Insua but Buonanotte is a beast playing him in CM as Advanced playmaker (support) and he scored a 30yarder against W.Ham away

thinking about signing him but the 2 for strength is putting me off, did u just offer 1m in loan fee or any other clauses?

Sorry to be moaning as we are all doing quite well,im currently third in the league but im unbeaten in 15,winning my last six so im gunning them down! Man C are walking the league though..Liverpool have to be the most underrated team in the game,some of Arsenals kids would make this team..Aquilani two stars??? Really?? He should be easily be 3..3 1.5...

Archived