The 2007/08 Chelsea Thread

Philip Rolfe

So good and bad news this morning.

Apparently JT has agreed on a new 5y deal worth 131k/w.

But he has broken a toe against Suwon icon_frown.gif

(hopefully not the start of last seasons problems all over again)

If it is really broken we need backup fast with at least Alex and a youth or someone new.

Don't want to see Glen at DC like yesterday lol

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

"Robben agrees Deal with Real Madrid" audio clip on BBC Sport but I have no speakers. Would someone care to listen to it for me?

Just says Robben agreed a 5-year contract with Real, and will leave for spain from the pre-season tour on Friday. Apparently the fee is not agreed yet, as we are holding out for 15m, while Real are ready to pay 12m.

And apparently we put in a 7m bid for Drenthe

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

All the reports seem to be suggesting GJ had a solid game in the middle.

If we get Alex we don't need further backup. Gives us JT, RC, TBH, Alex at centreback with Johnson and Essien more than capable of covering.

Watched the game on TV here and GJ didn't do too bad at the back because there was nothing to deal with.

But of course i was saying we need backup if Alex doesn't come..

Also the robben thing is the same has before..reports state he has everything agreed with Real but that there's no deal between the clubs.

John Terry will play against Galaxy despite the hairline fracture in his toe. Maybe it's just be, but playing an injured key player in a friendly is surely a particularly stupid idea?

according to the bbc:

Terry set to play against Galaxy

Chelsea captain John Terry is in line to play in Saturday's friendly match against LA Galaxy despite suffering a hairline fracture of a toe.

Terry, 26, was hurt in Wednesday's 1-0 win over the Suwon Bluewings, but the injury is not serious.

The Blues are on tour in the United States and will play David Beckham's new side in a high-profile sell-out friendly match on Saturday.

Terry's fellow defender Wayne Bridge is out for two months with a hip problem.

However, it now seems certain Terry will be fully fit for the start of the season and is also set to be available for England's friendly against Germany on 22 August.

Terry scored the winner in Chelsea's first match of their pre-season campaign, a 2-1 win over Mexican side Club America in California.

Originally posted by orion318:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Roman stepping in on the Robben issue icon_cool.gif

link? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BBC gossip column

Originally posted by yovan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Chelsea have never ruined a player's career.

It’s not true, you made Winston’s life miserable. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think he was that miserable, getting 30k a week to do fcuk all.

QPR complete Mancienne loan swoop

Queens Park Rangers have signed teenage Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old impressed Rangers boss John Gregory during a seven-month loan at Loftus Road last season, playing 30 games in the Championship and FA Cup.

Gregory said: "Michael had an outstanding period with us last season.

"I would like to pay a special debt of gratitude to Chelsea for allowing Michael to continue his footballing education with us."

That's great news tbh, he's never going to get a look in as the squad stands at the moment and he's been to QPR and impressed before. Should get a lot of game time.

You can stream it online from the site I linked to earlier on this page (for the Bluewings game), it's easy to spot the channels it's showing on.

1-0 Chelsea, left footed strike from Terry on the edge of the area, off the post.

Archived