[FM09] The Other Red Side of Manchester - Featuring Bernard Brennan

hamilton162

Personally I'd rather believe that you got all this success, makes it more interesting :thup:

When can we expect another update hamilton?

I won't jump on the band waggon but there would of been 2 taskbars.

But as said by a few if you feel he has cheated then you don't have to support the thread by posting ect.

But why would he post it if he cheated. Would be a bit stupid :)

Anynews on next update hamilton?

Sorry, i've been away for 10 days and i've literally just got back from France!

1. Only 1 taskbar because i have some shortcuts enabled on the PC that i play on so i can take screenshots of just the active window.

2. If someone thinks i'm cheating, fine by me. Everyone has a right to an opionion. However, please leave the accusations of cheating out and don't post in here about it.

3. Precisely my point. If i had cheated, what would have been the point in posting this career?

That's the last word on the subject, i'll be asking for any posts containing cheating allegations in this thread to be deleted.

As for the update, should come in a few days time once i've recovered from severe sleep-depreviation and play through the last month or so of the season :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC United of Manchester - Barclays Premier League - 2019/20

A slightly disappointing season for FC United this year by their own magnificent standards, let’s take a look back at it.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We were dominant this season, scoring bucketloads of goals and not giving up top spot once after we had claimed it after 4 games, even when Man City had played 5 more games than us!

Community Shield – Used as a pre-season warm-up again and we won comfortably.

UEFA Super Cup – I was annoyed with this result and the performance. We were the worse team throughout and were lucky to take the game into extra time. The fact that their winner was offside just made me even more cross.

Club World Cup – Nothing special here, 5-0 and 4-0 wins in the semi final and final respectively in a competition which was used to give the youth a chance and build up morale and form of key players.

Carling Cup – We never get easy cup draws and did well to get to the stage we did. However, resting a few key players produced this result, but I was heartened by the performance of the very young side that I put out.

FA Cup – A huge disappointment. I expected to win this, but we played poorly. McGoldrick’s rocket had me delighted, but their winner was a real sucker punch.

UEFA Champions League This is getting a bit routine now. A much better group stage for us this year, 5 wins out of 6 and conceding just 4 goals. Lokomotiv Moscow, Arsenal, Ajax and Man City were beaten en route to our 4th consecutive CL title.

Transfers – Just the one move of significance to report on. Max Morrison came in for a £30m fee, but didn’t play as he was injured for the majority of the season once he joined us and he was also ineligible as we were his 3rd club this season.

Finances The stadium helped us to make a huge profit this season as we were selling out for most games. We topped the £500m barrier after receiving the season’s prize money.

Squad – An outstanding squad with world class players in every position. My aim is to try and get make many youth products as possible regular first team players.

Squad Profiles:

Andy Murray – Lost his place to Pitcher at the start and didn’t regain it.

Paddy Pitcher – A fantastic first season as our first choice keeper, still has his best years ahead of him.

Remy Riou – He got nowhere near the first team this season due to Pitcher’s fantastic form. May be sold next year.

Michael Short – Needs to improve drastically if he’s to make the grade at this level. Went on loan to Carlisle and didn’t make an impression.

Alexander Cuellar – Another marvellous season from the former captain in the right back position.

Steve Foster – Good season this year, developing into a class partner for Neumann

Robert Neumann – The rock at the back delivered again this season, but is now 30 and may need replacing in a few years.

Zhang Jian Needs to up his game in order to get ahead of Neumann and Foster in the pecking order.

David Vrba – Captain Fantastic again this year, what a player!

Ronald Christopher – He’ll leave soon, nowhere near the required standard to play for us. With Simmonds and Stead coming through and already ahead of him in the pecking order, I’d be surprised if I had to play him at all next term.

Jordan Stead – Another decent season from the youth prospect that I’m grooming to replace either Vrba or Neumann in the back 4.

Michael Simmonds – A very versatile player who was backup for Cuellar and on the bench for most matches this year. He’s got a lot of room to improve and is the player that will eventually replace Cuellar.

John Puckett – World Class as always. Provides so much flair and skill when he plays. The best right winger in the world

Fernando – Good when called upon. May find it harder to get into the first team next season with Morrison back from injury and available to play.

Stuart McGoldrick – Developing nicely into a quality right back for England and winger for FC United.

Ali Kvarnlof The best MC in the world produced the goods again this season, superb stuff.

Sam Carr Showed his class this year, a top quality MC to partner Kvarnlof.

Peter Hunt – Did a decent job although has slipped to 4th in the pecking order for the MC position.

Ryan Ford – Did very well this year despite missing much of it with a torn hamstring. Is now 3rd choice MC at the club and rightly so. Is described as a Wonderkid.

Armand Demanage The fantastic French winger just stepped up another level this year, amazing player and still very young.

Max Morrison Injured and ineligible this year, but could cause havoc next year and will challenge Demanage for the left wing position.

Michael Potts Got more games this year for us and his fine form early on when Thuller and Beckford were injured earnt him his first 2 international caps and goals against Bulgaria and Wales.

Michael Thuller – Injured for around a third of the season but still only did an average job.

Marc Beckford – Turned 20 this year and upped his performances with 32 league goals, the majority of them from the AMC position. To score that many goals when in the same side as the legendary Bernard Brennan is simply amazing.

Bernard Brennan – Has anyone got any words that can describe this man? Breaks 80 goals in a season for the first time and bags 46 in the EPL :eek: Just insane! :D Are there any limits to what this man can achieve?

Awards:

CL Best Player

CL Dream Team

CL Golden Boot

European Golden Boot

English Footballer of the Year

English Players’ Player of the Year

English Players’ Young Player of the Year

EPL Top Scorer

EPL Team of the Year

EPL Manager of the Year

CWC Best Player

European Goalkeeper of the Year

European Defender of the Year

European Midfielder of the Year

European Striker of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

World Footballer of the Year

World Team of the Year

Career Overview

Season       Division                     Position    Achievements                                 
2009/10     |Blue Square North           |1st        |BSN Champions
2010/11     |Blue Square Premier         |1st        |BSP Champions
2011/12     |League 2                    |5th        |Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists
2012/13     |League 2                    |1st        |L2 Title
2013/14     |League 1                    |1st        |L1 Title
2014/15     |Championship                |3rd        |Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists 
2015/16     |English Premier Division    |1st        |FA Cup Winners, EPL Title
2016/17     |English Premier Division    |1st        |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners
2017/18     |English Premier Division    |1st        |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, Club World Cup Winners
2018/19     |English Premier Division    |1st        |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Cup Winners
2019/20     |English Premier Division    |1st        |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Club World Cup Winners

Brilliant season there.

I don't know why Brennan is worth so little though! He should be worth over £30million at least.

I know! Still, i'm not complaining as it means i don't recieve many offers for him :D

Great season again.

Bernard Brennan there is no words to say how good he his. Can only describe his name which is ace. Any chance of seeing how many Bernard Brennan shots turn to goals?

What tactics do you use for Bernard Brennan? or is he that good you just tell him to play :D

His shots on target ratio is above 50% for every season he's played with me! His goals per game ratio for the club overall is 1.04 goals per game! 333 goals in 320 games for FCUM.

I use a mix of 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1, it doesn't really matter what formation he plays in because he's so good :D

FC United - Youth Player Prospects

Season 2014/15

YP1 - Paddy Pitcher - GK

Initial Profile / Initial Coach Report

Season 1 Profile / Season 1 Report

Season 2 Profile / Season 2 Report

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

Season 5 Profile

Season 6 Profile

Season   Club            Appearances   Clean Sheets  Conceded   MOM  Av Rat
2014/15  FC United       3(2)          3             4          0    6.90
2015/16  FC United       1             1             0          0    6.80
2016/17  FC United       3             2             1          0    7.10
2017/18  Sheffield Utd*  33            8             52         1    6.84
2018/19  FC United       15(1)         8             15         0    7.09
2019/20  FC United       64            39            41        3    7.08

YP2 - Stuart McGoldrick - DR/WBR/MR/AMR

Season 2 Profile / Season 2 Report [Not Availiable]

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

Season 5 Profile

Season 6 Profile

Season   Club      Appearances   Goals   Assists  MOM  Av Rat
2014/15  FC United 2(20)         0       0        0    6.72
2015/16  FC United 1(3)          0       1        0    6.97
2015/16  Coventry* 14            0       1        0    6.44
2016/17  Reading*  25(1)         1       2        0    6.30 
2017/18  FC United 1             0       0        0    6.70
2018/19  FC United 14(12)        3       2        2    7.10
2019/20  FC United 12(11)        7       5        2    7.22

Season 2015/16

YP3 - Michael Short - GK

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

Season 5 Profile

Notes: Will probably be offloaded as he isn't good enough to make the grade at FC United.

Season   Club      Appearances   Clean Sheets  Conceded   MOM  Av Rat 
2015/16  FC United 2(1)          3             0          0    6.87
2016/17  FC United 3             2             2          0    7.00
2017/18  FC United 2             0             2          0    6.75
2018/19  FC United 0             0             0          0    -.--
2019/20  Carlisle* 19            3             32        2    6.79

YP4 - John Pucket - DM/AMR/AML/AMC

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

Season 5 Profile

2015/16  FC United 45(2)         3       13       3    7.13
2016/17  FC United 30(11)        2       12       0    7.13
2017/18  FC United 55(6)         14      27       8    7.46
2018/19  FC United 53(4)         13      22       7    7.37
2019/20  FC United 54(9)         17      20       7    7.39

Awards:

Young Player of the Year - EPL 2015/16

Seasonal Best XI - 2015/16

Young Player of the Year - EPL 2016/17

Seasonal Best XI - 2016/17

Overall Best XI - 2016/17

Seasonal Best XI - 2017/18

Overall Best XI - 2017/18

Seasonal Best XI - 2018/19

Overall Best XI - 2018/19

Seasonal Best XI - 2019/20

Overall Best XI - 2019/20

CL Dream Team

World Team of the Year

EPL Team of the Year

Season 2016/17

YP5 - Marc Beckford - AMC/ST

Notes: My son comes through the ranks and hopefully he shall have a sparkling career.

Season 1 Profile

Notes: A great 1st season, topped of with a brace in the Champions League at the Nou Camp to help us romp to a 9-0 victory.

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

Season 4 Profile

2016/17  FC United 9(21)         8       4        0    6.95
2017/18  FC United 43(6)         29      8        5    7.20
2018/19  FC United 42(4)         29      14       5    7.30
2019/20  FC United 43(9)         32      18       6    7.30

Awards:

Seasonal Best XI - 2016/17

Overall Best XI - 2016/17!!

Seasonal Best XI -2017/18

Overall Best XI - 2017/18

Seasonal Best XI - 2018/19

Overall Best XI - 2018/19

Seasonal Best XI - 2019/20

Overall Best XI - 2019/20

CL Dream Team

Season 2017/18

YP 6 - Harry Parsons - DM/MC

Notes: Could be a Leading EPL DM/MC in the future

Season 1 Profile

Season 2 Profile

Season 3 Profile

Notes: Needs to step up his game if he wants to hold down a first team place in the next 2-4 years.

2017/18  FC United  2             0       1        0    7.10
2018/19  FC United  0             0       0        0    -.--
2019/20  FC United  0(3)          0       0        0    6.67
2019/20  Leicester* 2(5)          1       1        1    6.45

Season 2018/19

YP 7 -Jordan Stead - DR/DC/DL

Notes: Could be a Good/Leading EPL Player in all 3 positions.

Season 1 Profile

Season 2 Profile

2018/19  Plymouth  8             0       0        0    5.90
2018/19  FC United 3(1)          0       0        0    6.20
2019/20  FC United 11(8)         1       1        0    6.89

Season 2019/20

YP 8 - Michael Simmonds - DR/DC/DL/WBR/DMC/WBL/MR/MC/ML

Notes: Could be a good player for EPL sides in all 9 positions, probably going to feature a lot if he develops due to his incredible versatility! I've never seen a more versatile player!

Season 1 Profile

2019/20  FC United  5(3)          0       0        0    6.78

Season 2020/21

YP 9 - Marvin Davies - DC

Notes: Some coaches say he will be a Good EPL DC, some say he shall be a Leading EPL DC. Only time will tell as to how good he can become.

* Denotes Loan Move

England – European Championship – 2020

After winning the World Cup 2 years earlier in my first tournament in charge, we qualified with ease for the Euro’s. The expectations of the FA were to get to the final, but I reckoned we could go one better than that and win our first ever European Championship Title. However, we would first have to negotiate the competition's "Group of Death".

England Vs Italy (Group B):

We played well and should have won by more.

Ireland Vs England (Group B):

A much easier game than I anticipated as we managed to keep Brennan quiet!

Hungary Vs England (Group B):

We deserved to lose this, but with our only shot on target we won the game in the dying moments as Italy were knocked out by a last minute loss to Ireland :D

France Vs England (Quarter Final):

A very tight game that we just about deserved to win.

England Vs Czech Republic (Semi-Final):

This was an enthralling match that was really enjoyable to watch and we fully deserved the result that we got.

Spain Vs England (Final):

In a game of few chances, a moment of brilliance proved to be the difference between 2 very closely matched sides.

Awards:

European Championship Golden Boot

European Championship Best Player

European Championship Dream Team

International Career Overview:

Year |    Nation  |  Competition                    |  Stage Reached
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 |    England |  World Cup (Italy)              |  Winners
2020 |    England |  European Championships (Russia)|  Winners

Great job with the England team hamilton162. If it was real life, however, the press would be hounding you for the scandal or verbal slip-up that would bring about your demise! :D:p

Thanks DodgeeD :thup: And yeah, they would be! Now to make sure i don't say anything stupid in press conferences... :D

Another good season hamilton162 although you must be a bit disappointed to only have picked up 4 trophies last year ;)

Well done on the England job :thup: I'm surprised you beat Ireland so comfortably with Brennan in the squad. I would have put my money on him haunting you and bagging a hatrick!

I was supprised about the Ireland result as well. I thought they'd be a dark horse after qualifying so convincingly for the championships, but no! The manager of Ireland played 4-5-1, which can't have helped Brennan at all as he doesn't play well in a one up top defensive system. It's about the only formation that he doesn't play well in!

Just getting 4 trophies was a tad disappointing, but at least it gives me something to build on for next year! :D

I was supprised about the Ireland result as well. I thought they'd be a dark horse after qualifying so convincingly for the championships, but no! The manager of Ireland played 4-5-1, which can't have helped Brennan at all as he doesn't play well in a one up top defensive system. It's about the only formation that he doesn't play well in!

Just getting 4 trophies was a tad disappointing, but at least it gives me something to build on for next year! :D

I wouldnt care what formation we played as long as we qualifiyed for a Major Tournament :o

• 2 weeks later...

FC United of Manchester - Barclays Premier League - 2020/21

League Table

League Positions Graph

We dominated the league this year, conceding just 10 goals and finishing with maximum points in our best season ever. Brennan was at the heart of this phenomenal achievement, blasting in 60 goals en route to our 6th successive Premier League Crown, which was clinched with just 29 games gone!

Community Shield – Brennan’s skill, pace and brilliant finishing give us the perfect start to our new campaign

UEFA Super Cup – After the sending off, I thought we were done for. But that really sparked the game into life. They had more chances, but Brennan’s clinical finishing was the difference as is so often the case! =]

Club World Cup – This was really very easy and all it really did was boost morale and give Brennan a chance to add more goals to his impressive tally.

Carling Cup – We never seem to get easy draws in this, an EPL team in all rounds again this year but we showed great character to come away from the final victorious when we deserved to lose

FA Cup – An easy run to the final for once, where we completely dominated and the scoreline didn’t do us justice!

UEFA Champions League We were handed a tough draw in the group stages. But we sailed through as Brennan hit top gear and his goals propelled us to our 5th consecutive CL win.

Transfers– Kevin Roche came in for an astronomical fee, but he was well worth it as Neumann is getting on and I desperately needed a world class player to replace him and to help bring through the youngsters. Leach and Papon are fantastic prospects for their age.

Finances We only made a small profit due to the phenomenal fee that I had to pay Man City for the services of Kevin Roche

Squad – The golden generation are starting to reach their peak now and some are ageing already :( It’s going to be one hell of a tough job to replace them.

Squad Profiles:

Andy Murray – Never got close to the first team, with Pitcher and Papon now ahead of him.

Paddy Pitcher – Another brilliant season from the English No. 1

Remy Riou – Is getting increasingly unhappy due to lack of games. Will probably be sold next season.

Cyprien Papon – A fantastic season for the teenage prospect. Will really challenge Pitcher for the keeper’s jersey in the next few years.

Alexander Cuellar – Another rock solid season from the star right back, but his days are numbered as he’s reached his peak and is now 30 :(

Steve Foster – Lost his place first to Jian and then to Roche due to poor performances, but may be used more at right back as backup to Cuellar.

Robert Neumann – His aerial dominance was clearly visible again this year. Has a couple more years in him yet!

Zhang Jian Stepped up to the challenge and regained his place before Roche arrived in January.

Kevin Roche – He cost me an astronomical £84m but he was worth it. Neumann’s successor.

Marvin Davies – A good first season for the youngster, might be sent out on loan to gain some regular first team action next year.

David Vrba – Kept bombing forward this year and ended up with an insane number of assists!

Jordan Stead – Vrba’s successor got a few games, but was injured for nearly half of the season, which halted his development.

Michael Simmonds – Cuellar’s replacement went on loan to Scunthorpe in League 2 to get some playing time, hopefully he’ll develop more next year.

John Puckett – What a player. His work rate and ability make him a crucial part of the team.

Fernando – Hardly any games this year due to the arrival of Morrison.

Stuart McGoldrick – Got some games, but needs to step up a level in order to challenge Puckett for the right wing place. May be used at right back more as Cuellar starts to age.

Ali Kvarnlof The Finnish playmaker is reaching his peak. Didn’t score much, but put laid chances a plenty for Brennan.

Sam Carr A fantastic season from the England international,

Peter Hunt – Probably going to be sold soon, he’s simply not good enough.

Ryan Ford – A great season, he managed to stay injury free and some world class performances were the result. Gained his first England cap and scored on debut.

Harry Parsons – Sent out on loan again, he’s not going to develop into a class player like I was hoping unfortunately =[

Stewart Leach – A great prospect for the future, a steal at £5m

Armand Demanage A brilliant season from the Frenchman who was like dynamite on the left wing alongside Vrba

Max Morrison Was injured for half of the season but his fine performances when he was available more than made up for it.

Michael Potts Got fewer games this year as Brennan and Beckford were in top form and Thuller is becoming a better impact sub than the lower league legend.

Michael Thuller – He’s started to become a fantastic impact sub, negating the magnificent Potts =[

Marc Beckford – Didn’t score quite as many goals as last year, but to score that many when his main job is to supply Brennan is unbelievable

Bernard Brennan – I never thought I’d live to see a player to the 100 goal a season mark under my management, but the living legend that is big Bernard Brennan proved me wrong as he smashed in a ridiculous 123 goals at an average of 1.92 goals a game :eek: What a player, he must surely be one of the best players that has ever graced the game! :D

I also became the Greatest Manager of All Time in the Hall of Fame! =D The club also got to keep the Champions League Trophy!

Awards:

CL Best Player

CL Dream Team

CL Golden Boot

CL Best Goal

English Players’ Young Player of the Year

EPL Top Scorer

EPL Team of the Year

EPL Manager of the Year

EPL Goal of the Season

CWC Best Player

European Goalkeeper of the Year

World Player of the Year

England – Confederations Cup – 2021

After having won the World Cup the year before and the European Championships 3 years earlier, we came into this as massive favourites. I expected us to reach the final, as did the FA and the fans.

USA Vs England (Group A):

We played awfully, nowhere near the standard that has seen us top the rankings for the last 3 years, but a moment of pure brilliance from Carr won us the game.

England Vs Spain (Group A):

We were in total control in this one, we should have scored more and, believe it or not, the scoreline didn’t do us justice at all!

New Zealand Vs England (Group A):

I put out a weakened team and this was the result. A fantastic display from everyone all over the park

This was how the group stages finished.

England Vs Mexico (Semi-Final):

We scored early and never looked back as we booked our place in the final with ease against a poor Mexico side.

USA Vs England (Final):

They gave us a run for our money in the groups, but the final was a completely different story as we dominated from start to finish to clinch the Confederations Cup for the very first time! :)

Awards & Other:

Best Player

Top Scorer

Richards Resigns

New England Captain :D

I was offered the Brazil Job just after the semi final, which I obviously turned down.

Year|    Nation |  Competition  (Hosts)           |  Stage Reached
-------------------------------------------------------------------
2018|    England|  World Cup (Italy)              |  Winners
2020|    England|  European Championships (Russia)|  Winners
2021|    England|  Condfederations Cup (Mexico)   |  Winners

This really has turned out to be some career! FC United from BSN to Prem, CL and CWC champs. A club legend, goal scoring machine in Brennan and England's domination of international football. :thup: Great work!

What are your goals now? What else is there to win? ;) I presume your main goal will be to try and reach the 1000 goal mark and further?

This really has turned out to be some career! FC United from BSN to Prem, CL and CWC champs. A club legend, goal scoring machine in Brennan and England's domination of international football. :thup: Great work!

What are your goals now? What else is there to win? ;) I presume your main goal will be to try and reach the 1000 goal mark and further?

Thaks Raware :thup: It's been a phenominal career so far and there's still plenty of life left in it yet!The things that i want to do in the coming years are as follows:

1. To get Brennan to 1,000 career goals and beyond, thus completing the Danny Roberts Challenge.

2. To reach the £2bn balance mark.

3. To get my son to the international goalscoring and caps record for England.

4. To get a youth player of mine introduced into the FM09 YP Hall of Fame

If i manage to achieve all of these things, then I shall be a very, very happy man indeed :D

• 3 weeks later...

FC United of Manchester - Barclays Premier League - 2021/22

League Table

League Positions Graph

Our 107 game unbeaten run came to an end at the hands of Spurs mid-season, but that didn’t stop us claiming our 7th straight Premier League title

Community Shield – A comfortable game

European Super Cup – A relatively easy game and good win to kickstart our season.

Club World Cup – Why do the others bother? 2 big wins, Brennan grabbing a hat-trick in both as we clinched our 5th successive CWC Title

Carling Cup – We had an easier draw this year, which helped us to said through the rounds with ease before pipping Arsenal in the final! :)

FA Cup – We were completely dominant against an out of sorts Chelsea team

UEFA Champions League We sailed through to the final with no fuss. The Final itself was a tight affair, Brennan broke the deadlock with his 105th goal of the season and Carr sealed the trophy with a 35 yard stunner! :D

Transfers– Ryan McIntosh was the only acquisition this year and came in to rotate with Puckett

Finances We continue to make a large profit due to selling out the stadium every match.

Information Overview, Facilities, Scouting &Affiliates

Squad – This is the year where the golden generation, or the majority of them, peaked, so the look of this may change dramatically in the future as they start to age and retire :(

Squad Profiles:

Andy Murray – Nowhere near the first team all season

Paddy Pitcher – Superb all season long, will have the World Cup to look forward to

Remy Riou – Got nearer the team this year, but didn’t make an appearance as Pitcher was on top of his game

Cyprien Papon – A decent season, although very error prone at times. Attributes rising though

Alexander Cuellar – He’s 31 now, but he’s still a fantastic player!

Steve Foster – Played just 3 games due to a severe injury in October that kept him out until the start of May

Robert Neumann – Our star centre back is still going strong, even at 32

Zhang Jian Hardly any games due to Neumann, Roche and Davies performing magnificently all year long.

Kevin Roche – He’s turned into a fantastic partner for Neumann, and will be one of the first names on the team sheet for years to come

Marvin Davies – Attributes rising thanks to a storming breakthrough season

David Vrba – Almost 30, but still ripping the opposition defence’s to pieces!

Jordan Stead – He’s really starting to look like a suitable replacement for Vrba

John Puckett – Just sensational, possibly his best year ever

Fernando – Going to be shipped out soon, just not good enough anymore

Stuart McGoldrick – A decent amount of games, put appearances limited by injury

Ryan McIntosh – Signed in January and made an instant impact

Ali Kvarnlof The Finnish sensation was back to his brilliant best this year

Sam Carr Exceptional all season long

Ryan Ford – Injury curtailed his season by around 3 months

Harry Parsons – Not going to be good enough to reach the first team, now rated as having the potential to be a good Championship centre mid

Stewart Leach – Injuries plagued his season, but still managed to play well when he appeared

Armand Demanage Just wow. Best season yet, and he’s got a couple more years at his peak yet!

Max Morrison Played a bit part role, stepping in when I needed to rest Demanage

Michael Potts The legend turned 30, managed to keep up his record of scoring in every season with us, and decided that he’s going to become a coach! :D

Michael Thuller – Hardly any games at all, now 4th in the pecking order behind Smith, Beckford and Brennan!

Liam Smith – He came through my academy at the start of the season and had a sensational first year, already rated as a Leading Championship/Decent Premier League player!

Marc Beckford – What a season, scoring over 35 in the same side as Brennan is an amazing feat

Bernard Brennan – The Irish CSE Forum legend broke the 100 goal barrier for the 2nd season in succession, smashing in a ludicrous 105 goals at an average of 1.54 goals a game. He’ll easily get 1,000 at this rate, and he’s still got a few more years at his peak yet!

Aims for Next Year and the Future

· Find some players capable of replacing the ageing “Golden Generation”

· Expand the Stadium

· Retain the World Cup this summer with England

Awards:

CWC Best Player

World Player of the Year

World Team of the Year

European Golden Boot

Champions League Best Player

Champions League Dream Team

Champions League Golden Boot

EPL Manager of the Year

EPL Team of the Year

EPL Top Scorer

Career Overview

Season       Division                     Position      Achievements                                 
2009/10     |Blue Square North           |1st          |BSN Champions
2010/11     |Blue Square Premier         |1st          |BSP Champions
2011/12     |League 2                    |5th          |Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists
2012/13     |League 2                    |1st          |L2 Title
2013/14     |League 1                    |1st          |L1 Title
2014/15     |Championship                |3rd          |Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists 
2015/16     |English Premier Division    |1st          |FA Cup Winners, EPL Title
2016/17     |English Premier Division    |1st          |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners
2017/18     |English Premier Division    |1st          |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2018/19     |English Premier Division    |1st          |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners
2019/20     |English Premier Division    |1st          |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, CWC Winners
2020/21     |English Premier Division    |1st          |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
2021/22     |English Premier Division    |1st          |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners

Another top, top season Tom :thup: - Your sons scoring record country is nothing short of exceptional! Must be getting close to the record? Thuller being fourth choice shows the strength in your squad tbh, I'd kill to have him as first choice :D.

What are your objectives for the next few seasons?

Another top, top season Tom :thup: - Your sons scoring record country is nothing short of exceptional! Must be getting close to the record? Thuller being fourth choice shows the strength in your squad tbh, I'd kill to have him as first choice :D.

What are your objectives for the next few seasons?

Marc is an exceptional player and he's only going to get better. If i didn't have Brennan leading the line, then he'd be the one going for the 1,000 goals. Rooney holds the record for international goals and caps, at 75 and 143 respectively. Marc should smash that in future, he's still only 22 remember! :eek:

Strikers are not hard to come by in my game, i've been very lucky in that i have 4 of the top 10 or so strikers that are around.

As i said in my season report, i'd like to expand the stadium, win the World Cup and find some players that can replace the Golden Generation. I think that you need to read a bit more thoroughly :p

England – World Cup – 2022

After winning all of the tournaments since I arrived as manager, the task was simple, to retain the World Cup, something that only Brazil and Italy had done before.

Ireland Vs England (Group A):

In the tournament opener, Ireland’s chances evaporated once Brennan was sent off 8 mins in and we cruised to a comfortable victory

England Vs Uruguay (Group A):

We dominated in this and should have won much more comfortably. With this win, we qualified from the group stages

England Vs Morocco (Group A):

This was target practice for us as we made light work of the surprise qualifiers from Africa.

England Vs Holland (2nd Round):

We were under par and were matched for the 90 minutes by a stubborn Dutch team. But Morrison came on and ripped their back line to shreds for 30 minutes, claiming Man of the Match with 2 fantastic goals.

England Vs France (Quarter Final):

This was a very tight game that France had the better of, but our clinical finishing was the difference between the sides as we marched into the semi finals.

After this game, I got offered the Brazil job again, just as I had after the Confederations Cup Semi-Final, but I turned it down again.

England Vs Czech Republic (Semi-Final):

We were in complete control from the minute Marc put us ahead with his 50th England Goal and we never looked back, claiming our place in the World Cup Final of 2022 and looking to defend our title.

England Vs Ireland (Final):

In the Final, we met surprise package Ireland, whom Brennan had propelled them into the Final. It was a very tight game with few chances which looked like going to extra time. Then, from out of nowhere, 17 year old Liam Smith struck a crashing 30 yard drive into the roof of the net with 8 minutes left to sink the very brave and determined Irish side. It was so close, yet so far, for Bernard Brennan and Ireland, but a new superstar is born, in the shape of 17 year old Liam Smith! :D

Awards & Other

World Cup Golden Boot

World Cup Dream Team

World Cup Best Player

World Cup Best Goalkeeper

Managerial Casualties

2 in a row!

Ford thanks Tom Beckford

FA World Cup Assessment

England win World Cup again!

Marc Beckford Pleased with World Cup Triumph!

Year| Nation |  Competition  (Hosts)           | Stage Reached
----+--------+---------------------------------+----------------
2018| England|  World Cup (Italy)              | Winners
2020| England|  European Championships (Russia)| Winners
2021| England|  Condfederations Cup (Mexico)   | Winners
2022| England|  World Cup (Mexio)              | Winners

Nice, a World Cup Final.

We cant be losing to the English twice in one tournament though.

I admit that i was supprised at Ireland's progress, they have a fairly weak team compared with the likes of Germany and Argentina, but they managed to beat both and a few lesser teams. They do have a few up and coming players though, so they could become a real force by the next World Cup.

The first match was very one sided, with England winning very easily, but the Final was much, much harder. Brennan caused us constant problems, and it was only from a flash of inspiration that the game was prevented from going into extra time and penalties.

FC United of Manchester - Barclays Premier League – 2022/23

League Table

League Positions Graph

I really thought that we’d lose our Premier League crown this year, but after our dreadful start, Brennan inspired us to our 8th successive title!

Community Shield – This was very close and we were very lucky. On another day, it could so easily have gone the other way

European Super Cup – The single goal was enough, although we should have scored many more

Club World Cup – Compete and utter dominance as usual

Carling Cup – We had the easiest draw possible this year, dominating every game from start to finish

FA Cup – Man City put up a real fight, but their back line just couldn’t deal with Brennan

UEFA Champions League We struggled through the group stages, but as soon as the knockout rounds began, we hit top form which helped us to secure our 6th straight Champions League title

Transfers– Milosevic, Banfield and Peters came in as potential replacements for the Golden Generation

Finances Still rising at a healthy rate, hopefully we’ll have enough for a stadium expansion soon

Information Overview, Facts, Stats, Facilities, Scouting, Affiliates& Hall of Fame

Squad - The era of the Golden Generation is fast coming to an end :(

Squad Profiles:

Andy Murray – Never looked like breaking into the first team

Paddy Pitcher – Another brilliant season

Remy Riou – Got a couple of appearances when Pitcher and Papon were unavailable

Cyprien Papon – Performed well in the games he played in & gained his first 2 international caps for France

Alexander Cuellar – 32, but still going strong and still world class

Stuart McGoldrick – Attributes rising fast thanks to an incredible breakthrough season

Steve Foster – Kept out of the side by our awesome first choice 4

Robert Neumann – Another fantastic season, but his days are numbered

Kevin Roche – As Neumann is phased out, this lad is going to become our rock at the back

Marvin Davies – Continued his brilliant form from his breakthrough season

David Vrba – Turned 30 on Christmas day, but hasn’t lost his magic touch just yet

Jordan Stead – Injured for a majority of the season, which was extremely annoying

Goran Milosevic – The 20 year old Serbian Sensation came in for a paltry fee in January and slotted into the back 4 effortlessly. Having him in the squad is like having a second Vrba, he’s almost a clone of the greatest left back in the world! :D

John Puckett – Inducted into the CSE Youth Player Hall of Fame at the end of last season and showed just why he is the youngest player to be inducted with his scintillating performances this campaign

Ryan McIntosh – Scored his first FCUM goal this campaign and looked lively when on the pitch

Ali KvarnlofNow 30, but still the best midfielder in the world. My favourite player in any FM save, it’ll be a sad day when he decides to retire :(

Sam Carr Stepped into a crucial role this season for club and country, working brilliantly in tandem with Kvarnlof

Ryan Ford – A fantastic player, but not a patch on Kvarnlof or Carr

Stewart Leach – Another injury hit season, but he’s developing nicely

Armand Demanage Just as insane as ever working in tandem down the left flank with Vrba and Milosevic

Max Morrison Breakthrough year at club and international level, popping up to score vital goals just when they were needed, whilst constantly attacking opposition right backs

Michael Potts Attributes rose, despite being 31, and got the 2nd highest average rating, second only to Brennan!

Michael Thuller – Got more games due to niggling injuries that plagued Potts, Smith and Beckford

Liam Smith – Plagued by injuries, but 8 goals in 16 games is an outstanding return from an 18 year old with the potential to be the best player in the world

Marc Beckford – Almost got 30 goals again from the AMC position. Just superb & probably the second best player in the world behind his strike partner

Bernard Brennan – The Irishman bagged over 100 club goals for the 3rd season running, he’s at his peak now and the world is at his feet. 1,000 goals is fast approaching, he’s currently got 703 goals for club and country! :D

Aims for Next Year and the Future

· Expand the stadium

· Get Brennan past the 800 goal mark

· Get Marc Beckford to become the All Time England Goalscorer (He’s on 71 goals currently, the record is 75, held by Wayne Rooney

Awards:

World Footballer of the Year - John Puckett

World Player of the Year - Bernard Brennan

World Team of the Year

European Footballer of the Year - Bernard Brennan

European Striker of the Year - Bernard Brennan

European Golden Boot – Bernard Brennan

European Defender of the Year - David Vrba

CWC Best Player - Sam Carr

English Footballer of the Year - Bernard Brennan

EPL Top Scorer - Bernard Brennan

English Players' Player of the Year - Sam Carr

EPL Manager of the Year

EPL Team of the Year

CL Best Player - John Puckett

CL Golden Boot - Marc Beckford & Bernard Brennan (2&3)

CL Dream Team

Career Overview

[font=Courier New]Season       Division                     Position  Achievements                                 [/font]
[font=Courier New]2009/10     |Blue Square North           |1st      |BSN Champions[/font]
[font=Courier New]2010/11     |Blue Square Premier         |1st      |BSP Champions[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12     |League 2                    |5th      |Lost in Playoff Final, FA Cup Semi-Finalists[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13     |League 2                    |1st      |L2 Title[/font]
[font=Courier New]2013/14     |League 1                    |1st      |L1 Title[/font]
[font=Courier New]2014/15     |Championship                |3rd      |Playoff Winners, FA Cup Finalists [/font]
[font=Courier New]2015/16     |English Premier Division    |1st      |FA Cup Winners, EPL Title[/font]
[font=Courier New]2016/17     |English Premier Division    |1st      |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2017/18     |English Premier Division    |1st      |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2018/19     |English Premier Division    |1st      |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2019/20     |English Premier Division    |1st      |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, CWC Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2020/21     |English Premier Division    |1st      |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2021/22     |English Premier Division    |1st      |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners[/font]
[font=Courier New]2022/23     |English Premier Divsion     |1st      |EPL Title, CL Winners, CS Winners, Super Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners[/font]

You planning on done a game on FM2010?

Ive just started a game as FC United, never played lower league before but really enjoying it.

I might get FM10, i might not. If i do, i'm going to try and get Brennan and Marc Beckford to the 1,00o mark and finish all of the careers of the Golden Generation, including Pitcher, Marc, Puckett etc. before starting a new save, so it'll be a while before/if i start a new save :thup:

If i do get FM10 however, i'm going to be over to Gigg Lane quicker than you can say Bernard Brennan! :D

• 1 month later...

Just a little note from me to say that this career is far from dead, i've had laptop troubles and a mountain of work to do recently.

However, i have now finished all work and sorted the laptop problems and Bernard Brennan and the rest of the FCUM team are alive & kicking, and are hungry for yet more success :D

'Mon the goals :D

Good to hear :thup: I'm expecting the man to hit the 1,000 goal mark before the year's out. :D

I think that 297 goals in around 65-70 games would be a bit crazy tbh Raware, even the great Andrew Smylie couldn't do that at his peak in Northern Ireland, so for Brennan to do it in England would require a great deal of luck, skill and brilliance! :D

Although he's started this season better than any other, i think that the 1,000 target won't be met for another 3 years or so! :D

I actually meant end of the year IRL but now I expect him to hit that mark at the end of the year in game time! ;):D

He won't do either, i'm an incredibly slow player Raware and i've got quite a busy festive period, although flying from country to country allows me to play FM for hours on end :D

• 2 weeks later...

Midway through the season, and Brennan has just netted his

, the 3rd ofa hat-trick against Israel, a hat-trick which sent Ireland through to the 2024 European Championships by the skin of their teeth, and a pretty decent goal it was too!

Knowing Ireland, they'll go on to win the whole competition now and end England's unbeaten run! :D:(

Well, the groups for the 2024 European Championships have been drawn.

I'm fairly pleased with this group, although i'd have liked to have been in Group D, but i'm also thankful that i'm not in Group C, that's a real "Group of Death" as far as i'm concerned! Holland, Spain and Ireland are all in the top 10 of the world rankings! :eek:

But we (England) are miles clear at the top of the rankings, so we should retain our trophy. Having said that, anything could happen as Bulgaria and Croatia aren't bad sides and if we don't perform to our best, we could be heading out at the group stage!

So, the legend that is Bernard Brennan has just turned 30, and as a result, his long term plans have been put into his personal screen. It doesn't make good reading unfortunately :(

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel as Ali Kvarnlof, the midfield legend, had exactly the same plans a year ago, but today is probably staying in the game :cool:

Here's hoping that with a bit of luck and persuasion, the great Irish goalmachine can be pursuaded to stay as well! :thup:

Archived