[FM09] From Hong Kong With Love

Raware

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks tenthreeleader, glad you like it, much appreciated

Thankyou PaulHartman, glad you're enjoying it

That was my main problem with the FM09 thread, i found it very difficult to follow one in particular thread. But like you say, now everyone's is in their own thread it's much easier to follow a career and i'm enjoying reading all of the careers so far that are popping up on this forum.

I may indeed end up in Wales at some point, i have the league loaded. Like you say, it's been all UK so far. I guess you're from Wales yourself?

Nope I'm not, was just curious as it had been all UK so far :D

Nice result to win League 1 there, after 3 straight 8th place finishes it must have been a very satisfying victory :thup:

grats on the league win you must be very good at this game

Ha ha...i wish! I really am not that good even with 17 years experience ;). It took me 4 years to get out of League 1.

Nope I'm not, was just curious as it had been all UK so far :D

Nice result to win League 1 there, after 3 straight 8th place finishes it must have been a very satisfying victory

Ah, sorry i thought you may have been :o Yeah, it was a relief to finally get out of that league...i thought i was going to be there forever. It's amazing how difficult League 1 is compared to League 2. The gap in quality IMO is quite big, unlike between the BSS to League 2.

Championship football............at last. Well done mate

Cheers :thup: Like i said, i thought i was going to be stuck there forever!

Just chiming in here with a few comments

Critisicm Number 1: Stop Being so good, it's making me feel like a twit. :D

Fact 1: West Ham in League 1?

Fact 2: Norwich (Best team in world) getting promoted from league 1 :D

Fact 3: Havant & Waterlooville still struggling :( :(

KUTGW Raware, and keep those promotions coming.

P.S If you get a chance for the Norwich job please take it. For Me!!!

Just chiming in here with a few comments

Critisicm Number 1: Stop Being so good, it's making me feel like a twit.

Fact 1: West Ham in League 1?

Fact 2: Norwich (Best team in world) getting promoted from league 1

Fact 3: Havant & Waterlooville still struggling

KUTGW Raware, and keep those promotions coming.

P.S If you get a chance for the Norwich job please take it. For Me!!!

Critisicm 1 : :D

Fact 1 : They've suffered a tough fair few years along with other teams such as Birmingham, Southampton, Forest :( and Preston. It'd be nice to see them back in the big time some time soon.

Fact 2 : Norwich are doing really well, in the 10 meetings between myself and them i haven't won a single game and the following season they've proven to be the thorn in my side.

Fact 3 : Havant & Waterlooville are still in the BSS after losing in the Playoff semi final to Cambridge City.

I'm not sure i'd get the chance to takeover Norwich as their manager is doing a pretty good job at the minute.

Great job on promotion Raware. :D

Good luck in the Championship. :thup:

Cheers rancer, it's gonna be a tough season next year in the Championship.

Nice work Raware, proving those critics wrong again!! :D

I learned that they are never right. :p

May I please inquire about Guangdong Rizhiquan (China), and how are the European coefficients now in your game? Thanks in advance.

Raware the 2nd update above says that Lurgan Celtic finish runners up whereas in the small report it says they won it. Also in the Ross county part it says they finished sixth but in the report they finish fourth.

Brilliant updates otherwise:thup:

Nice work Raware, proving those critics wrong again!!

I learned that they are never right.

May I please inquire about Guangdong Rizhiquan (China), and how are the European coefficients now in your game? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, those critics never seem to get anything right! :p

As you can see Guangdong Rhiziquan struggled between 2010- 2021 playing in an unplayable league but have since gone on to claim a place in the Chinese Super League.

Guangdong Rhiziquan

As for the European coefficients - European coefficients

Raware the 2nd update above says that Lurgan Celtic finish runners up whereas in the small report it says they won it. Also in the Ross county part it says they finished sixth but in the report they finish fourth.

Brilliant updates otherwise:thup:

Thanks Hursty, edited now :thup: Because i use the same template i forgot to update the title :o

Nice work by Rizhiquan. :thup:

From my experience with them (and over 40 years experience with them :D), they're quite a small club. So for the AI to promote them to the Super League is a good sign. Pity they are last right now, but hope they can turn it around.

Quite surprised by Barca's performance. 5 overall among Spanish clubs in European coefficients...In some saves, I've noticed Barca's performance drop off a bit. Real always dominate even in the future in every save for me due to the sheer amount of money they get to spend each year. (realistic I suppose. :p)

Nice work by Rizhiquan. :thup:

From my experience with them (and over 40 years experience with them :D), they're quite a small club. So for the AI to promote them to the Super League is a good sign. Pity they are last right now, but hope they can turn it around.

Quite surprised by Barca's performance. 5 overall among Spanish clubs in European coefficients...In some saves, I've noticed Barca's performance drop off a bit. Real always dominate even in the future in every save for me due to the sheer amount of money they get to spend each year. (realistic I suppose. :p)

Yeah, Riziquan have done well over the past few years as have a few other AI controlled teams from around the world, climbing from obscurity to the top leagues.

I'm surprised at Barca too. In the past 20 years they've only won 7 league titles and 3 Champions League cups where as Real have won 12 league titles and 2 Champions League cups. But the English teams have somewhat dominated Europe in the past 20 or so years, namely Arsenal and Man City.

Theres always next season :D

I hope so!

League 1, but spent most of their time in League 2 :( Oh well, better than my other games where they are in the unplayable leagues :(

Did York have a takeover or was it just luck?

Maybe they'll have a takeover soon and climb the league's.

As for York, they had two takeovers. One in 2012 which was a promotion from within (an Englishman) and one in 2022 from a consortium (an Englishman again). Whether or not they injected loads of money into the club i don't know. Isn't it usually businessmen who pump in millions? At the minute their financial status is Rich but i presume that is from the Premiership TV money from the past few seasons.

unlucky with the playoff upset's Raware :thdn:

hopefully you can make it third time lucky, or better still, automatic promotion :)

Yeah, it was a bit gutting to lose in the play offs two seasons in a row. I'm hoping that i can avoid them completely this year by, as you say, gaining automatic promotion.

good read!!!

Thanks, glad you're enjoying the read. Why not post your own career to share with us all?

Twice losing in the playoffs, unlucky :thdn: Just finish in the top 2 next season so you won't have to bother with them :D

That's what i'm hoping for this year. I don't think i can take another play off defeat!

i buying next year's

now still playing mine fm2007

As long as you state in your introduction to your thread which version of FM you're playing, it doesn't matter. FM09, FM07, CM1...i'm sure you've got a great career to tell. ;)

Rangers! Well done on this, you deserve it after grasping so many promotions!

24 new signings! Wow is your first 11/subs bench all new?

Cheers :thup: It's nice to finally be considered with the bigger clubs. The Rangers offer was just too good to turn down, even with the hard work i'd put in to getting AFC Wimbledon up to the Championship in the 10 years.

No, there are still players who were at the club before i arrived who are in the first 11. The Rangers squad was a bit thin so i needed to strengthen it a bit if i was to have any chance of meeting the boards expectations of Europe, plus i wanted to bring some players along with me from AFC Wimbledon. The other signings are rotation players and a few who are young who have already gone out on loan, so i'm looking to the future with regards to them. Hopefully they can blossom in a few years...if i'm still there! ;)

Nine years without a title and even St Johnstone winning one?!?

Good luck at your new club Raware

Cheers :thup: Yep, 9 years without a league win! Unbelievable. Celtic have grabbed 4, St. Johnstone 1, Hearts 1, Aberdeen 1 and Hibs 2. The Old Firm domination of the SPL has been well and truly stopped.

Well done Raware. Congratulations on getting the Rangers job and good luck on your rebuilding job!

C.

Thanks C. It's going to be interesting to see how i can build Rangers back into the force they once were considering how strong the other teams in the SPL have become, but i'm hopeful i can do it...providing the board give me time. Saying that though, Celtic have just cashed in on 4 of their star players, raking in £10 million so i'm pretty confident that they're not much stronger than me now.

Great thread, makes me wanna play FM again. How is the game running? Also how do you make your newspaper updates?

Thanks Jonfun1980 :thup: Much appreciated. Get FM back out and get playing it :D I'm currently closing in on the year 2029 with a fair few leagues and it's running fine.

I use both Photoshop and Illustrator to make my newspaper updates. It's fairly easy once you've done a few as you can use the original's as a template for each update.

You've hit the big time now Raware. Finally in the top flight of a European league and managing one of Scotland's biggest teams. :thup:

My question is, do you have any idea where you want to go at the pinnacle of your career? What I mean to say is, are there any big clubs that you have your eyes on managing in the future? Perhaps even international management?

I know it is a difficult question seeing as you have only just signed on with Rangers but I just wondered if you have thought about where you want to manage if you manage to reach the very top of worldwide football management.

C.

Archived