• English Championship Data [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Championship.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff
    2 hours ago, brad71 said:

Thanks for the response, but if that was the case why is Mikey Moore of Spurs in the game to name one as i have seen a few 15 year olds in the game.

Mikey Moore isn't 15. He is 16.

Moore was 15 in July 2023, when your new season save starts, but he turns 16 before the end of the 2022/23 academic year.

We only include people who are first-year scholars. ie they left school in summer 2023 and started full-time scholarships at the start of 2023/24 football season. They will be the cohort whose birthdays were between 1st September 2006 and 31st August 2007. 

Anyone born on 1st September 2007 and later is still at school. Therefore, they are still a schoolchild. No child of that age will be on a scholarship at any football club because they are still attending full-time education in the UK. And that is the cut-off we use. 

Edit: Matt Neil beat me to it! Thanks Matt!!

• SI Staff
    1 hour ago, shakey.bridge said:

This literally happened today. So, Powell not being at Sheffield Wednesday in Early Access is not a data issue, as it had not happened when the data was locked for the Early Access.

Powell will be set at Sheffield Wednesday for the next official data update. 

Coventry City - James Maddison showing as an icon for being a manager not a player. Also as a Coventry fan I wouldn't really consider him an icon. He only played 35 games for the club and slagged the fans off, whereas Mark Robins who has brought the club its most success in years is only considered a favoured personnel when he is probably bordering the legend status.

Coventry City - Kasey Palmer about to trigger a clause where we have to pay Charlton money. He played for Charlton 10 years before he signed for Coventry. Surely that cannot be correct?

Swansea City:

I know Bashir Humphreys is incredibly capable with both feet and it would eat into his CA to make him truly either footed, but according to his own admission, his left foot should be ever so slightly stronger than his right. (Currently it's the other way around in the game). He also took corners with his left and (indirect) free-kicks (for Paderborn) with his left foot.

“To be honest, my favoured foot has swayed over the years depending on which position I have been playing in,” he added.

“Now I am definitely more confident playing on my left foot, but I can use my right foot when I’ve played at right-back so I am not fussy about it.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/bashir-humphreys-hoping-follow-famous-footsteps-swansea-city

On a similar note, his potential seems a tad low for such a technically fantastic, versatile and composed player, who also was a star for England's u20s (also at the World Cup) and is currently a starter for England's u21s.

Hey, started a game as Coventry.

Just a few things about favourite personnel etc.

James Maddison is stated as being an icon and being a  manager. Obviously he was never a manager. Also, an Icon is a push, at cov, he was just a top prospect. that moved to Norwich for a decent fee for a young lad. The fact hes gone to play for England doesn't mean hes an icon. same could be said for Callum Wilson. 

Hamer should be knocked down too. 

Dublin has no place being on the page and his inclusion must be a wind up! Pretty much known as being the pantomime villain in cov.

Robins should be an icon, certainly higher up in the pecking order than anyone thats been included as an icon!

a low level historical rivalry with Sunderland might worth adding too.

Jamie Allen is more of an hard working AMC than a dmc too. 

2 minutes ago, pauldadams1984 said:

Hey, started a game as Coventry.

Just a few things about favourite personnel etc.

James Maddison is stated as being an icon and being a  manager. Obviously he was never a manager. Also, an Icon is a push, at cov, he was just a top prospect. that moved to Norwich for a decent fee for a young lad. The fact hes gone to play for England doesn't mean hes an icon. same could be said for Callum Wilson. 

Hamer should be knocked down too. 

Dublin has no place being on the page and his inclusion must be a wind up! Pretty much known as being the pantomime villain in cov.

Robins should be an icon, certainly higher up in the pecking order than anyone thats been included as an icon!

a low level historical rivalry with Sunderland might worth adding too.

Jamie Allen is more of an hard working AMC than a dmc too. 

Also, Kasey Palmer was for some reason transfer listed at the start of the game. There is no reason for this, although Simon Moore, who is available for sale IRL, isnt on the game

34 minutes ago, Dominic10 said:

Swansea City:

I know Bashir Humphreys is incredibly capable with both feet and it would eat into his CA to make him truly either footed, but according to his own admission, his left foot should be ever so slightly stronger than his right. (Currently it's the other way around in the game). He also took corners with his left and (indirect) free-kicks (for Paderborn) with his left foot.

“To be honest, my favoured foot has swayed over the years depending on which position I have been playing in,” he added.

“Now I am definitely more confident playing on my left foot, but I can use my right foot when I’ve played at right-back so I am not fussy about it.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/bashir-humphreys-hoping-follow-famous-footsteps-swansea-city

On a similar note, his potential seems a tad low for such a technically fantastic, versatile and composed player, who also was a star for England's u20s (also at the World Cup) and is currently a starter for England's u21s.

I actually changed his strongest foot to right based on how he's played this season. Despite playing mostly on the left side he's tended to come back on his right more often than not. It's been marginal as he's obviously good with both, but he hasn't looked confidently left-footed so far (perhaps in large part due to being a centre half asked to play as a left back). His weaker foot did get an upgrade even though there was a change in which one that is. Maybe he'll change his mind himself soon?

His variable PA range was set by the German research team based on last season's performances. I agree that it could be a little bit low given his profile but not massively so, and I haven't seen him play enough to think it's an obvious error that needs fixing. He's struggled quite a bit in his early appearances for us (as Marc Guehi did to be fair). His CA is certainly high enough to be involved in the England u20/21 sides in-game.

Pierre Ekwah of Sunderland needs a dramatic glow-up and Anthony Patterson’s determination stat needs a review. Patrick Roberts’ mentals seem a little weak too, not to mention Luke O’Nien’s jumping reach. I watch Sunderland week-in week-out and there is definitely scope for slight improvement in most players.

Theyre currently one of the top scorers in the league and sit 4th. They beat Southampton 5-0, yet their players are head and shoulders above. Granted it was one game but the gap isn’t as huge as FM24 makes out. 

LEEDS

• Wilfried Gnonto should have "Favoured Personnel (idol)" set to Lionel Messi - proof 01:05 in this YouTube interview
    • Brenden Aaronson should have "Favoured Personnel (idol)" set to Lionel Messi - proof 00:05 in this TikTok video (I know he is on loan at Union Berlin, but from what I can remember from earlier years' this is the right thread to mention it)

13 hours ago, Mst82 said:

Pierre Ekwah of Sunderland needs a dramatic glow-up and Anthony Patterson’s determination stat needs a review. Patrick Roberts’ mentals seem a little weak too, not to mention Luke O’Nien’s jumping reach. I watch Sunderland week-in week-out and there is definitely scope for slight improvement in most players.

Theyre currently one of the top scorers in the league and sit 4th. They beat Southampton 5-0, yet their players are head and shoulders above. Granted it was one game but the gap isn’t as huge as FM24 makes out. 

Ekwah has had a fairly big increase across the board, not really sure what areas you're thinking is in need of dramatic changes and would stand by the CA set as things stand. Patterson hasn't actually got a determination stat set currently in the database but is something that will be reviewed in future along with everything else. With Patrick Roberts' mental stats nothing stands out as requiring a change to me, specifically what do you think is majorly wrong there? Finally the jumping reach stat is linked to height, because of this Luke O'Nien has the highest possible set for someone of his height

On 20/10/2023 at 10:49, stokie1863 said:

Some stuff I noticed for Stoke City

Staff

Ryan Cunningham - is a First Team Match Analyst: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-cunningham-286169168/

Mamady Sidibe - is a First Team Scout: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mamady-sidibe-3a2875105/

Conor Froud - is a First Team Recruitment Data Analyst: https://www.linkedin.com/in/conor-froud-9a93801b5/

Cunningham & Froud I can get added, thanks for those. 

Has anything changed with Sidibe to be a first team scout? The original brief he was brought in under is several years old now, but it was the case that he was to help more of the youth set-up in terms of connections in France & Africa. 

Think Leeds' corner takers have been forgotten. Summerville & Dan James our corner takers and actually quite good at them. They have 5 and 4 respectively.

Rutter also acts as our first line of the press but his mentals don't reflect this

Edited by AStack99

On 20/10/2023 at 20:41, SmartLuckShippo said:

Coventry City - James Maddison showing as an icon for being a manager not a player. Also as a Coventry fan I wouldn't really consider him an icon. He only played 35 games for the club and slagged the fans off, whereas Mark Robins who has brought the club its most success in years is only considered a favoured personnel when he is probably bordering the legend status.

Came here to raise this and agree with this mostly, but think Maddison is still an icon alongside Callum Wilson. Robins should definitely be icon status, if not legend status. 

Also - perhaps worth noting the rivalry with Sunderland that has crept up in recent seasons. 

On 20/10/2023 at 11:21, Dean Gripton said:

He returned from his ACL in pre-season as that article states, but the club have only mentioned an undisclosed minor injury since then (23rd Aug), and that they are being careful with him. I'm not sure what you would expect us to be able to do with that lack of info really.

On 20/10/2023 at 07:25, GriffiN94 said:

Thanks for catching this one Dean,

@GriffiN94 as Dean states, Ayman has played some minutes in the u23's this season. His current injury is as yet not been made public. 

Nige has been pretty clear that he's being treated with kid gloves for the foreseeable for his MH as much as anything, but from a purely FM perspective, he's "fit". 

This is all for Norwich City.

Contracts 

I think I brought this up last year so it was probably already looked at but Ben Gibson being on 40k p/w with a 100% promotion bonus seems far too excessive considering the pay structure of the club. Teemu Pukki was only on 50-60k base wage in the Premier League. 40k is what Spotrac says but they're hardly a 100% accurate source. I'd consider bringing it in line with Hanley and Giannoulis at 30k p/w.

Player Data 

Borja Sainz - Not a player I've actually watched yet but a lot of what I've read would suggest he's a much more tenacious player than his in game attributes would suggest.  Things like Work Rate, determination and even tackling seem low. He was signed to be that in your face, front foot winger by a manager from the German school of the Gegenpress.  Here's an article from the Athletic that talks about him in decent depth. 

https://theathletic.com/4655946/2023/07/01/borja-sainz-norwich-analysis/

Jacob Sorensen - Still don't know where that 'dictates tempo' player trait has come from.

Adam Idah - I think he should be nerfed across the board. He's one of those players that will go an score 30+ goals a season in game and continue silly numbers even if promoted. I'd probably bring down his teamwork, work rate and determination as well as his finishing ans acceleration. I'd potentially remove all of his player traits too as I wouldn't say his game is that defined. 

Jonathan Rowe - On the other hand I think there are a few buffs he should receive. He regularly puts his head in where it hurts so his Aggression/Bravery attributes seem very low. His jumping reach seems a little low as he is springy, for lack of a better word. I think his dribbling might be too high but his finishing and heading are probably too low. I'd almost consider him a striker playing on the wing at the moment.

Liam GIbbs - He's clearly been hard at work in the gym over the course of the last year. I'd say he's filled out and is more physical across the board. I'd also say his pace is probably higher than his acceleration and not vice versa. He's one of those players that takes a little bit to get going.

Kallen FIsher - I'm guessing this is a harder one to put numbers on as he's not played much outside of the National League.  He's performed well against Bristol City, QPR and Fulham in the cup and well enough across the Pre Season to that the club decided that he was the backup right back. As it stands he'd be eaten alive playing at this level. 

West Brom -

The finances at the start of the game don’t seem to match up to how they are in real life and seems a tad unrealistic. Starting balance is relatively healthy, when in real life it is not the case as we don’t have much cash in the bank and were almost relying on player sales to keep the club running day to day as the finances are so stretched. 

The ownership status is also wrong. It states in game the owner is Enjoying/Loving life at the club, when in reality he is looking to sell and we are also in very early talks with a few parties.  Has been absent and also looking to sell up for quite a while now too so not sure why this hasn’t been reflected in game.

In my save, Liam Rosenior has moved from Hull to QPR at the end of the 2023-24 season when QPR have just been relegated to League One and Hull finished in the top half of the Championship.

Perhaps means Rosenior needs a reputation boost or QPR need a drop? Not sure but definitely an unrealistic move.

Also, Darnell Fisher (who was last at Middlesbrough) has announced his retirement via Instagram. Wasn't sure where to post it however.

image.thumb.png.967659f1195ceb92095db3a79a78fc55.png

Harry Clarke who now plays for Ipswich, moved there in January and made 20 league Appearances for us in League One last year. His career history says that he moved here this season in the Championship as it seems to have skipped his half season for us in League One.