Who will be the Hottest Prospects on FM09

jaaaws

Everybody knows about Galvan, Kroos, Bojan, Pato, Banega, Anderson, Sakho, Vela among others on 8.0.2.

but besides the mentioned players who will become the new youngsters with the best potential on FM09?

I've read somewhere in another thread that Aaron Ramsey (currently -8) could be one of them (at least -9 in fm09). who else?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody knows about Galvan, Kroos, Bojan, Pato, Banega, Anderson, Sakho, Vela among others on 8.0.2.

but besides the mentioned players who will become the new youngsters with the best potential on FM09?

I've read somewhere in another thread that Aaron Ramsey (currently -8) could be one of them (at least -9 in fm09). who else?

Benzema - Dunno if you can call him a prospect really now, but I think/hope he will be amazing in the next FM.

Theres a few belguim guys who should improve also, I can't remember there name of the top of my head tho ops! Lol.

Theres also some young french people who should improve in next years FM, Lorc Remy should improve aswell I hope after his fairly successful loan spell.

- Torric Jibril, a Ghanaian, might be one to look out for. Supposed to a great prospect.

- Francis Coquelin as well. He's signed for Arsenal so he'll obviously get a boost.

- That Brazilian wonderkid Neymar will be atleast a -9 in the next patch I reckon.

- Aaron Ramsey will definitely be improved.

- Ruben De La Red will be greatly improved and might be one of the "must buys" on the game I reckon.

- Same is the case with Dani Guiza.

- Aquilani HAS to be improved a lot imo.

- Flamini will be improved to be one of the best DM's on the game. How convienient now that he has left my team! icon_frown.gif

Thats just a few. A lot of them will be going down as well though. Ronaldinho most notably I reckon. Dos Santos should be downgraded to a -9 as well. Ah well, lets wait and watch. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

Arda Turan - Should be better also.

Modric - Might be improved abit more too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, until it gets patched and Spurs are bottom half of the league and he's doing crap

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ssaun is cool:

Macauley Chrisanthus - Currently at Hamburg

Franco Di Santo - He's at Chelsea now isn't he?

Jovetic - Young Serbian striker at Partizan. Linked to Utd and is reasonably well known already.

Pique - Apparently rated highly by everyone but Utd. (I'm listing him because I reckon he will improve more, which is unexpected)

Manucho- Needs a boost in stats tbh.

Sadick Adams - I reckon he will become a stand out must buy next year.

I expect they'll dig up a few new gems, correct or not, for us to devour as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's at Barca next season now.

The three hot prospects from Standard Liège (Belgium), already quite good on fm2008:

Marouane Fellaini

Axel Witsel

Steven Defour

chased by some european giants, they should be slightly even better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kerlon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He will not have improved, he has been plagued by injury over the last few seasons and he hasn't developed as well as his former U17 national team mates the likes of Anderson of Man Utd. I would expect Kerlon to be abit worse on the new FM, as at the moment he doesn't seem the player that his potential has suggested. He has hardly shone at Cruzerio over the last few years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what does -8 and -9 mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

player's potential. only really use the '-' on younger players, to give them a minimum potential and indeed maximum. for example, Anderson of Man United is a -10, so his P.A will turn out between 180 and 200. a player -9 between 150-180.

etcetera.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Magnificent Kolo Toure:

Walcott should be much better now. Both in his current and potential ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, for me his current stats don't reflect the quality that we have seen from him IRL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cr33o:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Magnificent Kolo Toure:

Walcott should be much better now. Both in his current and potential ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, for me his current stats don't reflect the quality that we have seen from him IRL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's only got 7 goals all season, thats in nearly 40 appearances,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's only got 7 goals all season, thats in nearly 40 appearances, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A LOT of them as a sub and most of them playing on the wings. He's started to come of age in latter part of the season. Definitely needs an improvement in his dribbling skills atleast.

Dont think he merits a huge rise though. Especially not in PA. I reckon 175 is about right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ssaun is cool:

Pique - Apparently rated highly by everyone but Utd. (I'm listing him because I reckon he will improve more, which is unexpected) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are joking? He's so overrated on FM already!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He's only got 7 goals all season, thats in nearly 40 appearances, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A LOT of them as a sub and most of them playing on the wings. He's started to come of age in latter part of the season. Definitely needs an improvement in his dribbling skills atleast.

Dont think he merits a huge rise though. Especially not in PA. I reckon 175 is about right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah I agree alot were from the wing, which I think is probably where he'll play from now on as a striker he's not all that good, but out of his appearances this season almost exactly half were from a sub, half from the beggining, but I guess thats abit misleading as a fair few were League Cup etc where it was hardly a great team out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiscoStu94:

I think Walcott's PA is still uncertain, he should be given a PA of -9, we've only seen a little of what he can do, and there's no way we're certain how good he can really be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this.

I just personally feel that FM doesn't really give him credit for some of his technical ability, talking as much about CA as PA here.

-Theo Walcott should be a -9 like DiscoStu said.

-Gael Clichy should have a bit higher PA... maybe 181 or around that.

-Daniel Opare is should at least have a -9 PA.

-Jose Callejon(R. Madrid) He's been scoring for fun for Castilla(R.Mad B-team) this year, and should be upgraded a lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think Walcott's PA is still uncertain, he should be given a PA of -9, we've only seen a little of what he can do, and there's no way we're certain how good he can really be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but can you tell for certain about ANY player? There are so many players that have blossomed late on in their careers. Flamini was average till this year, Luca Toni didnt become what he is today until quite late in his career, Dani Guiza has suddenly come to fore this season. So you cant really say for certain about any player.

The biggest reason why they decided to give Walcott a fixed PA (I think) is just to create a little bit of balance. Arsenal alredy have SO many players who are -9PA players (more so than any other team I think). It'd just get crazy if everyone has a -9. And now they've gone out and bought another kid in who's probably going to be pushing the -9 bracket as well!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gael Clichy should have a bit higher PA... maybe 181 or around that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. He's due an upgrade. Needs to be given a better PA than bloody Ashley Cole who's not been at his best for a good 2 years now. Sagna needs a boost in PA as well I reckon.

Arsenal players to be upgraded

Flamini - Arsenal until 1st Julyicon_smile.gif

Hleb - Arsenal til someone makes a bid

Walcott - improved alround, but not much.

Randall - Highly rated, great for Burnley and very good footballing brain

Merida - Is he still only -9? Hes amazing, young Fabregas!

Gibbs - Should be higher on 08 IMO, will/should be on 09

Clichy - IMO the worlds best LB!

Almunia - Had a great season, higher CA but only slight rise in PA

Song - One for the future, and he's a DC not DM!

Arsenal drops -

Senderos - Has he ever actually run full speed?

Eboue - What an, erm, poo. Awful player, they should put in a cheating stat just for him!

van Persie - always injured, but great on FM

Adebayor - great season but not worlds best striker like on FM

Mannone - No reason, just dont like him

Gilbert - Not very good player, should only have League 1/low Championship stats.

Gilberto - Hasnt been too good this season, and has lost pace. Should have been great on 08, but, rightly, wont be on 09.

Think thats everyone TBH.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ihsaan:

Jack Wilshere should have a higher PA too I think after some of the rave reviews from reserve games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a -9 already IIRC, no need to improve that, he turns out amazing anyway!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtuck01:

So should Sean Scanell (sp?), he has looked quality when I have seen him in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean Scannell icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LabbRatt:

i know hes not exactly what you would call a prospect but surely dean windass should be plumped up a little! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's fat enough isn't he? icon_wink.gif

Chris Maguire(Aberdeen) - slight increase.

Kevin McDonald(Dundee)

Victor Moses(C.Palace)

Sam Hewson(Man Utd) - The next Paul Scholes they reckon. Big things to come from him.

Ruben De La Red(Getafe)

Gerardo Bruna(Liverpool) - Lighting up the under 18's league.

Peruvian Reimond Manco of Alianza Lima, (will join PSV Eindhoven when the summer transfer window opens), should be much better in FM09.

He was thought to be one of the best performers in the under 17 World Cup in South Korea, along with fellow Peruvians Eder Hermoza, Nestor Duarte, and Carlos Bazalar, aswell as Bojan Krkic, Toni Kroos, and Macauley Chrisantus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> without a doubt JONNY HOWSON from leeds... arsenal wanted him a bit ago and hes just turned 20, hes amazing at leeds should upgrade his pa alot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did brilliantly on sunday right enough icon_rolleyes.gif

Look for Fleck to be uprgraded a bit on his u18 performances, and Lafferty when he moves to the Old Firm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamj11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> without a doubt JONNY HOWSON from leeds... arsenal wanted him a bit ago and hes just turned 20, hes amazing at leeds should upgrade his pa alot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did brilliantly on sunday right enough icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes because players are judged on the basis of one performance and not a whle season.....................I despair at some people these days.

Archived