The Old World Database - Discussion Thread

The Old World Database

A Newly created world

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"

This is for the discussion of my planned old world Database, to stop clogging up the ideas thread.

Downloads

Beta Version 0.18 - Now with 9 playable leagues, no players have been corrected, or cities, that will come soon. Test it and have fun. (Change name of folder's _ to spaces and it will work.)

The New Europe

Ideas keep on coming. Europe is developing very well right now.

The Leagues (Created ones so far in bold)

USSR - This will include all the former soviet republics

UK - Scotland, N. Ireland, Wales and England United

East Germany - Will take the longest seperating who is east and west

West Germany - As above

Czechoslovakia - Recombining these two as well

Basque - All the Basque Spanish teams shall have their own league

Catalan - A Catalan League will come into existence

Portuguese Empire - The whole Empire in one league structure

French Empire - The whole Empire in one league structure

Wallonia - Belgium split into North/South

Flanders - Belgium is to be split in its North/South Divide

Transylvania - The land of Horrors is here

Yugoslavia - Joining these nations together as well

Sapmi - The land of Santa, also known as Lapland

British Empire - All the non-UK Countries of the former empire

Spanish Empire - The whole Empire in one league structure (Minus Catalan & Basque)

Northern Italy - Find the true Giant of Italy is it North or South

Southern Italy - Find the true Giant of Italy is it North or South

Mediterranian Islands - Sicily vs Sardania vs Crete vs Cyprus?

African Islands - Carnary Islands, Azores & Madiera

North Atlantic Islands - Another large portion of islands up this way, the biggest being Iceland & Greenland (If included)

With the new ideas I have drastically cut down the number of empty leagues, but I am still going to need to fill some. I may end up making some previously unplayable leagues playable and otherwise I will find other ways to fill them. Then as for the Nations that no longer exist I am going to create them as nations of small states that are not currently recognised with not enough clubs to fill a league. eg. Sealand, Vatican City etc These countries would each have a club created for them and put into the nearest of the new leagues creating the chance of more Double Challenges aka San Marino

The Teams Placement

I have now created the leagues purely on reputation as any other method was causing huge shifts in the leagues in the early seasons, but since I have moved to purely reputation based it has made for some perfect leagues with movements not as drastic and teams seeming to match how they should be.

Help I need

1. More possible country split ups. eg Turkey?

If anyone can think of anything else that would be a great help as well.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Research List

Bold ones have been done by the name in brackets (If I missed your name drop a message at the end.

1. USSR - A full list of clubs from Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan & Tajikistan. (Thanks Pluckaduck)

2. Catalonia/Basque - A full list of clubs with reputation, giving an idea of what size league they can fill. (Thanks a heap Corinthiano)

3. Czechoslovakia - Club list with Reputations. Slovakia & Czech Rep. (Thanks Mikel)

4. Yugoslavia - Club List, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro & Slovenia. (Thank you Paul & Corinthiano)

5. East/West Germany - Split it out (Thanks a heap Corinthiano)

6. Sapmi - Land of Santa (Thanks Corintiano)

7. Northern Italy - Find the true Giant of Italy is it North or South

8. Southern Italy - Find the true Giant of Italy is it North or South

9. Mediterranian Islands - Sicily vs Sardania vs Crete vs Cyprus?

10. African Islands - Carnary Islands, Azores & Madiera (This one will prob be dumped)

11. North Atlantic Islands - Another large portion of islands up this way, the biggest being Iceland & Greenland (If included)

I am unsure of what other leagues I already have research for or who has helped so if you guys can just drop a message on the end of here I will make sure you get credited in the final release.

Other Possible

nations to research if someone would like to :)

Tibet?

Palestine

- Corsica

- Gozo

- Vatican City? (clutching at straws now)

- North/South Vietnam,

- Tibet,

- Kurdistan,

- West Papua

Haha, thanks mate. I've basically got about 5 hours straight of free-time tomorrow, So guess what I'll be doing!

I reckon I'll do Russia last, as IT's going to by far take the longest.

Is it alright if i do it on Excel mate? And then just copy and paste in all onto here? or would you like me to send you the file?

No one right now Paul...Sorry if this message is unitelligable I just got home from new years celebrations. 2 am here :p

Hope everyone has a good one and we can all get back on this database asap.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

PS: Uk is about 10 teams from being completed in the database.

so does that mean you want me to do it?

I would think so mate, go for it!

I have just finished the Basque teas and am abot to send it ff, there are only slightly more than the Catalan teams so the same league set-up I suggested for that can be used with the Basque country.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I also included B teams in the Catalan and Basque lists.

Hi guys,

Just on here quickly. Seen all the news and info about the proposed database and it sounds really good.

For it's worth, here is my 2 penneth:

* I would base UK leagues on reputations - having the likes of Linfield in the Premiership will just skew the league and make it unrealistic. Perhaps putting in Cardiff or Swansea in the higher leagues would lesser this effect.

* When you're doing the database, trial it very frequently, ie: Do at least a season's long test for each country added, or 2 or 3 during the process for each country.

* Look in the editors forum at Dave's league swap guide - some leagues just aren't possible to do any swapping in (eg: Iceland).

* Concentrate on just doing a few I reckon - UK, USSR, Germanys and the Spanish areas. Once those have been done then think about the lesser splits / conglomerates.

and finally good luck, this should be awesome if it works. :)

Robert in a quick Summary we are taking some of the former larger nations of Europe and putting them back together again, then because the database has problems with taking out some nations and there will be space we are working on splitting out some of the nations that want to split, Ie: Catalan, Basque etc.

Yes it is still going to be posted as a Small-Club to big club challenge from me. If anyone else after seeing the database wishes to do something else with it then they can go ahead, In the end I started doing this as an idea and then it has grown now its a community project so not really all my work anymore.

Thanks everyone and I will give another update on progress soon, I have now assigned all the top 8 (or maybe 7) levels of England, just the regional leagues to go at this end. Oh and moving the left overs into the "A Lower League"

Just a suggestion mate, I know you're attempting to limit the amount of League's being added, But how about A Cornwall one, as they were once considered a different state to England. But that could tie in with GReat Britian, Just a suggestion mate, KUTGW

Ah ok mate, Sorry, Just a suggestion.

Been going most of the day, and over 400 sides from Russia alone. haven't got to many left, and I had A quick look at some of the other former Soviet states and many of them have very little, If any teams in their League.

- Sicily

- Corsica

- Greenland

- Gozo

- Gibraltar

- Northern Cyprus

- Vatican City? (clutching at straws now)

- North/South Vietnam,

- Tibet,

- Kurdistan,

- West Papua

I will do research on most of the above.

Is all that you want is the names of the teams and where they play?

My first bit of research in Vatican City has thrown up that Vatican City has 16 clubs which play in 2 divisons and a vatican city guy says that they could easily be as good as Inter Milan, Ac milan and juventus.

The last bit is irrelevant but interesting.

This is a list of the teams that play in the Vatican City and they are split into there two leagues with Girone A being the top league.

I cannot think of a country with a two league structure at the moment but they may be able to be compliled with another nation. Eg. Sicily or San Marino.

Girone A

Collegio Pio Latinoamericano

Collegio Sant'Anselmo

Divino Amore

Pontificio Collegio Americano del Nord

Pontificio Collegio San Paolo Apostolo

Pontificio Seminario Gallico

Redemptoris Mater

Sedes Sapientiae

Girone B

Almo Collegio Capranica

British Colleges United

Don Bosco

Istituto Patristico Augustinianum

Internazionale Mater

Pontificio Collegio Urbano

Seminario Romano Maggiore

UCro

Here is a list of all of the Sicilean clubs in alphabetical order. The divisions they play in vary with the most notable club being Palermo in Seria A. I suggest that we pair these clubs up with the 16 vatican clubs to give us 42 clubs.

A

A.C.R.D. Acicatena

S.S.D. Acireale Calcio 1946

Pol. Adrano Calcio

A.S.D. Akragas Calcio

U.S.D. Alcamo

U.S.D. Atletico Catania

C

A.S.D. Campobello

A.S.D. Castiglione

Calcio Catania

G

Gela Calcio

A.S.D. Giarre Calcio

I

F.C. Igea Virtus Barcellona

L

A.S.D. Pol. Libertas Acate

S.S.D. Licata 1931

M

S.C. Marsala 1912

G.S. Mazara 1946

F.C. Messina Peloro

N

Nissa F.C. A.S.D.

P

A.C. Palazzolo (Sicily)

U.S. Città di Palermo

A.C. Paternò 2004

R

U.S. Ragusa

S

U.S. Siracusa

T

A.S.D. Trapani Calcio

V

F.C. Vittoria

A.C.D. Città di Vittoria

This is all im going to do tonight but I will do some more tomorrow. Tell me if this helps and what other information you want on these clubs.

The other option is to add them to the Italian Leagues, lower down obviously and then have them with Vatican City Nationality so the country starts generating players.

This would also be a good idea for both the SIcilian National Team and the Vatican team and then if you can in the editor you could put both of them in the World Cup and European Championships qualifiers and for a challenge, it could be win both of these competitions with them.

I understand that you are running a challenge with this database if it works but would I be allowed to run a challenge.

The challenge would be to do with me setting like a weekly or monthly challenge from the database.

Yeah Robert, I think I posted further up the thread this is going to be a resource for anyone, if someone wishes to set their own challenges using that Database once its completed they can go ahead.

I am really really enjoying this set-up, and no matter what it takes I will get it to work :)

That is the point of this database, create leagues for countries that no longer exist (e.g. U.S.S.R. and Yugoslavia in their former composition), "countries" that are separated IRL (e.g. UK) or for parts of countries which are not recognized as independent (e.g. Catalonia, Basque, Sicily).

This is a list of the teams that play in the Vatican City and they are split into there two leagues with Girone A being the top league.

I cannot think of a country with a two league structure at the moment but they may be able to be compliled with another nation. Eg. Sicily or San Marino.

Girone A

Collegio Pio Latinoamericano

Collegio Sant'Anselmo

Divino Amore

Pontificio Collegio Americano del Nord

Pontificio Collegio San Paolo Apostolo

Pontificio Seminario Gallico

Redemptoris Mater

Sedes Sapientiae

Girone B

Almo Collegio Capranica

British Colleges United

Don Bosco

Istituto Patristico Augustinianum

Internazionale Mater

Pontificio Collegio Urbano

Seminario Romano Maggiore

UCro

Disappointingly none of these clubs are in the editor, but I can create them :) It shouldn't be much extra work really once its done its done haha.

Look what I have running... Basque

The Basque league is now running on holiday and working brilliantly :)

Next mission to make the league work perfectly, is to remove the affiliations of some clubs with Athletic as they are currently dominating as they have 4 B teams + Reserves. So Bilbao & The others will become their own unafiliated clubs. And then i will move the cities into Basque Nationality and then the final step will be to move all the players in :p

Yes Pluck that is the AD Fafe squad of 1988/89 in the background after their historic 0-0 draw with FC Porto.

And I have managed to run the league through at least one season on holiday with no problems...

Top Place Qualifies for Champions League, 2nd for Euro Cup, 3-4th for Euro Cup depending on the Basque Cup Winner.

Well Max, I would rather use clubs in the current leagues :) It just makes it easier, I think the only exception is going to be the Vatican Teams.

On that point, if anyone can come up with more teams to split from Italy than Vatican & Sicily that would be great cause currently the smallest empty playable league I have needs 108 teams to be viable. We really need a minimum of 48 teams to have that league working, but more than that would be best if possible.

Yes Pluck that is the AD Fafe squad of 1988/89 in the background after their historic 0-0 draw with FC Porto.

And I have managed to run the league through at least one season on holiday with no problems...

Top Place Qualifies for Champions League, 2nd for Euro Cup, 3-4th for Euro Cup depending on the Basque Cup Winner.

Well Max, I would rather use clubs in the current leagues :) It just makes it easier, I think the only exception is going to be the Vatican Teams.

On that point, if anyone can come up with more teams to split from Italy than Vatican & Sicily that would be great cause currently the smallest empty playable league I have needs 108 teams to be viable. We really need a minimum of 48 teams to have that league working, but more than that would be best if possible.

Sardinia is one of the Italian islands along with Sicily... not sure whether you'd get the required number of teams though.....

EDIT: according to Wikipedia, there are only 13 teams in Sardinia, so that's not much cop....

Archived