The 1000 Appearence Challenge

The 1000 (and 500+) Appearence Challenge

What to do: You must get one of your players to reach 500+ games in all competitions throughtout his career to reach the Hall of Fame (HoF). International games do count. This can be run alongside any challenge or game. For you player to gain elite status, he must have an average rating of over 7.00 over his career. If he reaches 1000 games and does not have the required rating over his career, he will still enter the hall of fame but will not gain elite status. For your player to gain super elite status, then he must have played over 1000 games in his career and got a rating of over 7.50 over his entire career.

Rules

Genie Scout or any other scouting tool is not permitted.

For any of your players to gain elite or super elite status then he must of played over 1000 games.

To get on to the HoF, your player must have played at least 500 games for you (under your management)

International games do count but U19's and U21's don't count

More than half of the players appearences must be from starting positions (I know you cannot tell but it will be clear by the rating as most late sub appearences end in bad or 6.4 ratings.

Friendlies don't count apart from international friendlies.

More to follow - Including a clarification and more information on Elite Status

FM08 Completions

500-599

600-699

700-799

800-899

900-999

Paul Wallace - 985 appearences - 1073 goals - ST -

1000+

Azeryk - 1297 appearences - 1346 goals - ST Azeryk-Proof - Super Elite Status Gained

Igor Akinfeev - 1151 appearences - 1 goal - GK Akinfeev-Proof - Elite Status Gained

Gareth Bale - 1042 appearences - 45 goals - DL Bale-Proof - Elite Status Gained

Breno - 1010 appearences - 22 goals - DC Breno-Proof - Elite Status Gained

1500+

FM 09 Completions

500-599

Zach Norman - 582 appearences (7 internationals) - 44 goals - DL Zach Norman - Proof

Mladen Celic - 545 appearences (4 internationals) - 10 goals - Mladen Celic - Proof

Mark Sanders - 511 appearences - 0 goals - GK Mark Sanders - Proof

600-699

700-799

800-899

900-999

1000+

1500+

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Nep, it would be possible if I was playing in a league with more games. South African league is only 30 games, with cups and things I've got it up to around 50 games. My top guy for this challenge became my starting goalkeeper when he was 17 and now at 23 he has 228 appearances but theres just not enough games.

If you hit a similar situation in a longer more cup crazy league system you might be able to get enough games in.

Guest mikeytwigge

right i will acheive this now nep has said that. Having said that it is possible if you start playing a player iwhen he's 16 even if he's not good enough and play him for his entire career because then you have per season using premiership as an example

League 38

League cup up to 6 (if starting from 3rd round)

FA cup up to 6 (or more if you go to a replay)

champions League up to 15 (i think starting in 3rd qualyfying round (maybe more with new format))

Euro super cup 1

CLub World championship 2 (i think)

which is 68 plus you also have all the internationals which amount to a lot especially in tournament years so it is doable

Guest mikeytwigge

You could probably get 80 per season and over a 20 year career that would give you 1600 so maybe you should make it the 1500 challenge as 1000 is a bit easy :)

Guest mikeytwigge
I think 750 would be a better number. A player would still need to average 50 games a season for 15 years so the challenge is there, but it is do-able.

Ive just prooved its more than doable at 1000 though

I've seen it done twice on my games.

By Alan Shearer and Ryan Giggs.

Screenshots or it didn't happen. No offense, but considering these guys start late into thier careers in the game, where they've already got cup games discounted (the way player history works) - and the fact that they missed games in seasons, it just didn't happen.

Ive just prooved its more than doable at 1000 though

What you proved it is is possible, not doable. Two completely different things. Scoring 10,000 goals is "possible" - but not doable. 68 games, pus on average 6 internationals a season, thats 74 games. Now lets take into consideration this -

• Player doesn't get called up for international duty.
  • Team in question doesn't win the Champs League 20 years in a row (to qualify for WCC too)
  • Team doesn't win Domestic Cups 20 years in a row (Again, drastically cutting the amount of games the player could potentially play in)
  • Player gets string of short or even long term injuries. Especially a problem in FM09.
  • Player simply not good enough for the first team
  • Players Just CAN NOT play 70+ games a season for that long. They would constantly have the "Unf" tab on, and who in thier right mind would want to play 20 seasons with a player thats consistently under performing?

Again, I'm sorry, but 1,000 just isn't feasable. 700 would be a hard push. 750 would be closer to a "legendary" target.

It is possible, I had a player pass 1,100 on FM08 and was still going..... then I got bored :)

Again, screenshot or it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

yeah Nep maks a fair point. The challenge is even harder also because:

* To stand decent player of one player reaching the landmark, you'll need to have a few players attempting it.

* But as Nep says that will tire players drastically.

* As I will do, people will just play there youngsters as much as they can. But, this will (at least in the early stages) lead to teams getting knocked out of cups and qualifying for less cups.

*So really, if to have any chance. You have to have a lot of youngsters attempting it, a lot of luck with injuries, some early international call ups, and lucky cup and league runs. Therefore, very, very difficult challenge.

Guest mikeytwigge

What you proved it is is possible, not doable. Two completely different things. Scoring 10,000 goals is "possible" - but not doable. 68 games, pus on average 6 internationals a season, thats 74 games. Now lets take into consideration this -

• Player doesn't get called up for international duty.
  • Team in question doesn't win the Champs League 20 years in a row (to qualify for WCC too)
  • Team doesn't win Domestic Cups 20 years in a row (Again, drastically cutting the amount of games the player could potentially play in)
  • Player gets string of short or even long term injuries. Especially a problem in FM09.
  • Player simply not good enough for the first team
  • Players Just CAN NOT play 70+ games a season for that long. They would constantly have the "Unf" tab on, and who in thier right mind would want to play 20 seasons with a player thats consistently under performing?

Again, I'm sorry, but 1,000 just isn't feasable. 700 would be a hard push. 750 would be closer to a "legendary" target.

but ive prooved its poosible to do 1600 and 6 is a very low average for internationals as if there a team like england then they will qualify for most major tournaments. Also i did say that you would have to start playing them at 16/17 when they wouldnt actually be good enough for your team because i admit that its not possible to do if your picking the team on ability. Based on my estiamation they could afford to miss about 20 games per season (based on a roughly 50 capped international career) and as its possible to play more than the games i specified such as fa cup replays and the community shield. So allowing for those 10 games per year missed say you only made quarters of champ league (realistic target playing as United/chelsea that would knock 6 off (semis. final,super cup and CWC) Leaving a futher 14 for you to drop out of the FA/League cup early. Also for your fitness concerns they dont have to play all the games just take them off after 10 minites.

As for all the others who have been mentioning problems with this challenge don't you think that it would have been better to mention them during the week or so this has been up in the ideas thread as thats what the thread is there for

Well that's in all competitions, around 650-700 are from the league I think, with the rest in the cups, I played him in every possible match as I wanted to see how many games and goals I could make someone have. He's looking rather awful now but am still playing him, well I would be if I ever went back to FM08.

Couldn't you do this challenge where say there are different bands of appearances say:

600-700

700-800

800-900

1000+

I don't know you could have a different title for each one "legendary etc". This way it might entice more people to play as whilst i agree with both sets of people here, 1000 is mathematically possible but its damned hard and there's not going to be many people who can reach that. Just a thought.

Fine, screenshot coming soon, just checked and I have FOUR players over 1000 games :D
Even called my main striker "Azeryk" after he started banging in goals at a young age, and as you can see 20 years later he still was.

proofdm2.th.jpg

SEN. SATIONAL. Clearly, its possible ... but I still don't think many people will achieve it. If any, in FM09.

I'll leave the thread be now. Obviously I will come back if I ever have a player dragging close by (Can't see it happening though :( ) - But good luck to those that attempt it. In FM09 - those that succeed will go down in history on these forums. :thup:

Screenshots or it didn't happen. No offense, but considering these guys start late into thier careers in the game, where they've already got cup games discounted (the way player history works) - and the fact that they missed games in seasons, it just didn't happen.

He said he's seen it done with both players, not that he's done it with both, so it would mean they've clocked up 1000 appearances including what they were on at the start of the game (like taking charge of MUFC on FM09 and getting Giggs another 250 appearances).

Guest roberto922

I think this could be possible with Stones since he's been playing week in, week out since his first season. Robert Smith was on 399 at the age of 25

FM08 Completions

500-600

600-700

700-800

800-900

1000+

Azeryk - 1297 appearences - 1346 goals - ST Azeryk-Proof - Super Elite Status Gained

Igor Akinfeev - 1151 appearences - 1 goal - GK Akinfeev-Proof - Elite Staus Gained

Gareth Bale - 1042 appearences - 45 goals - DL Bale-Proof - Elite Staus Gained

Breno - 1010 appearences - 22 goals - DC Breno-Proof - Elite Staus Gained

1500+

FM 09 Completions

500-600

600-700

700-800

800-900

1000+

1500+

I think it is also possible in smaller leagues.

I had keeper in the Hungarian league play 63 games in one season. That is only a 30 game league, and he wasn't an international. The league cup provides min 10, max 15 games though, plus Hungarian Cup (6), and Euro Cup Qualifiers (6) and group stage (6) took it there.

It is also more than possible to keep an average player for 20yrs playing in a weaker league. The problem is if you actually get a decent player, as the bigger teams will come calling.

Archived