Rossini

Full Name: Marcos Antônio da Silva Gonçalves - Marquinhos

Club: Palmeiras

Value: N/A

Sell Value: £15+ Million

Position: AML, AMR, ST

Screenshot:

marquinhospalmierias.jpg

The best 14.4 million I have ever spent! Play him up front and tell him to run with the ball, don't be fooled with his finishing rating of 15, he is clinical! I posted a thread a few days ago asking if I should sign Keirrison, a few of you recommended Marquinhos instead and I can see why! He scored both goals in a 2-0 away win against Man Utd, scored the equaliser against Chelsea away and just scored a last minute 30 yard screamer after latching onto a through pass and skinning 3 players! No player has brought me so much joy to my Cardiff team since Mauro Esposito! Thanks to everyone who recommended him to me!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it helps that he is versatile and very fast! I am a fan of using pace up front. I signed Bogdan Stancu and Danny Haynes as my 2nd season strikeforce and finished 12th with a tight budget. My 3rd season I selected an optimistic top half finish and Ridsdale for some reason decided to dip into the funds giving me a staggering 33.5 million to spend! I have signed Radoi to shore up my defence and Marquinhos is doing the business at the other end, I signed that Ukranian striker from Dynamo Kiev for 11 million as well (Milevskyi?) Those 2 up front with Bogdan Stancu as backup has suddenly given me a lethal front line, Marquinhos is averaging over a goal a game!

Milevskyi is a very good player too! I think I should direct you to the Cardiff Thread for this mate http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=68863 as this thread will probably be closed tomorrow.

So post in there and get some good feedback from other players I see you have already posted in there but if you want this thread to stay open, probably wise to keep it just about Marquinhos in general and not Cariff:)

Back on topic.

Yeah he can play anywhere in Midfield and does it well too. but I prefer him up top, hes playing backup to Vela and Balotelli though, so not get too big a chance but he seems happy on the bench and playing cup games for now anyways.

Sorry I got a bit carried away there! Getting back on topic all I can say is if you're a mid to lower Premiership club looking for a striker to score and create goals to elevate you from mid table mediocrity to European qualification, Marquinhos is your man!

Dexta, i'm assuming you're Arsenal? How much did Balotelli cost you? I bid close to 19 million for him (my entire budget at the time before I signed Marquinhos) and they turned the offer down.

Oh yeah you did already say you was Chelsea! In that case how much did Vela cost you and who out of Vela and Balotelli has been the better signing? I'm happy with my strikers for now but when I get more funds I would like to splash out on one more world class striker!

Nice to see others are having as much joy with Marquinhos as I am! That's a great deal with Vela, best offer I had was Victor Moses for 450k, he is currently a fringe player and coming along nicely!

Marquinhos has to be my favourite player on this game... i rotate him at AMC with Guilerhme and he does wonders.... i signed him for £3.9million in 2008/09 and he has played 30+ games each season.

Second season being his best where he played 50, scored 17 assists 16! AvR of 7.35!

Oh yeah you did already say you was Chelsea! In that case how much did Vela cost you and who out of Vela and Balotelli has been the better signing? I'm happy with my strikers for now but when I get more funds I would like to splash out on one more world class striker!

Vela was 30m over 24months in the first season which isn't bad considering i'm Arsenals rivals.

hm, at first it was Vela but now in 4th season I think Balotelli is edging it, Vela looks amazing statswise though.

My chairman just sold him to Barca (I am Deportivo) for £30M, summer 2011. They offered me 14M and I slapped a 30M-pricetag on him. Barca came back and the chairman accepted. Could need the cash, though.

He played one season for me: 31 apps 5 gls 3 asts 3 MoM 7.13 Av R

Not spectacular, but I guess he would become even better next year.

I see people signing Marquinhos for Reading, Hull for a low price but when i scout him for Fullham, he's not keen in coming any ideal? I'm in the beginning of 1st season. I really wanted him but worried if i wait till next season will his transfer fee soars?

He's a killer on the right wing, too. He's got everything - pace, stamina, technique, dribbling, passing, creativity, crossing...

I guess, he'd be good on left wing, too. Since his right foot is better he would probably cut in often because he would naturally try to pass his man on the right, but I prefer my wingers crossing the ball instead of cutting in, and I already have a good left winger.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost bought him with West Ham whilst in the Championship, i was going to pay 15.5 million for him and had offered him a contract as he was interested but he picked Napoli over me.

Gutted because he would have been supurb in the Championship for me to get me promoted

Glad everyone else is having fun with Him!

Marquinhos has to be my favourite player on this game... i rotate him at AMC with Guilerhme and he does wonders.... i signed him for £3.9million in 2008/09 and he has played 30+ games each season.

Second season being his best where he played 50, scored 17 assists 16! AvR of 7.35!

3.9m! His club rejected a 10m bid from me!

I regularly played him on the right, and he was good, but wasn't scoring as much, so I shifted him to the left and he's my best player, there. He's the 4th top scorer in the league, and the highest scoring midfielder, he's had the most assists and his average rating is 7.6, which isn't bad considering I sub him around the 60th minute every game. Also, those stats are done whilst playing 5 less games than the other players near him. He's first choice on the left now over Ribery, Buonanotte and David Silva.

Personally i think guilherme is the better young brazlian option, i am yet to find a striker who scores more goals and as consistantly as that guy. Well actually i have found such a person, its guiseppe rossi, together they make an unstoppable strike force. turned my team (newcastle) from a club fighting for 4th to premiership champions the next season. Played them together for 2 full seasons and together they scored 93 goals in all competitions. that is also taking into account that one of them was injured for 3 months and the other 2 months during that time too :p

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought Marquinhos in the January transfer window in season 2 and tried playing him up front as a striker, But he doesn't seem to be any good up front. Anyone else bought this guy, If so where is the best position to play him?

I am using Tugs FM09 training and currently have him training in the strikers section but i am thinking maybe it is better to put him in attacking mids section and playing him on right midfield/right wing. I would like your thoughts on this player, And to see if he is in fact any good in FM09.

I am currently managing Celtic.

So what position did you guys play him?

Was He any good for your team?

Does he need to be sent on loan for a season or two? (Currently in season 2).

Frankie 7

I merged your post into the current open thread about Marquinhos, it's best kept in one place. :thup:

If I had him, I'd use him in the AML/AMR positions myself but I haven't had him. (yet)

Sorry mate i did a search but nothing showed up. :( Cheers bud. And my apologies mate. :D

Give him some time to settle also, might be a fact of him still adjusting.

Yeah could be actually. Nearing the end of season 2 so really he has only had 1/2 seaon to settle. He has just scored his 5th goal of the season, After going 11 hours of football wihtout scoring just scored 2 against Hibs there. 5 goals in 13 apps so far with 1 league game and 1 scottish cup final to go.

I signed him for Barnsley, 12m having trouble getting the best out of him, do you guys set him up as a target man/to foot or something special that i might be missing? He does have 6 in 12 games but that includes a hatrick and 2 goals in 1 match

So really he has scored in 3 matches of 12.

I should give him more time i guess?

Archived