FM09's My Big Fat Goalie can score more than Your Big Fat Goalie...

Originally created for FM07, we're now into the third season of scoring goalkeepers.

FM08's version went a little something like this...

And ended quite spectacularly with Jimbokav's keeper hitting an amazing 100 goals.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

After recent discussion with NepentheZ, and after some inspiration from Nick Hamblin & Harper, I have decided to start a challenge of a different sort, that will run concurrently alongside challenges such as dafuge's challenge and Gundo's challenge, (although it can also be participated in without participation in any other challenge.)

The Aim.

The basic premise of the challenge is to see how many goals you can score with a GK, (goal-keeper).

The Rules.

Any team in any league in any nation can be selected.

Any size database may be used.

Any past experience may be chose.

Any nationality may be selected as manager.

National Teams may be managed.

When managing a National team, you may not manually select friendly matches. (this is impossible to check but I will simply disqualify anyone who I believe to be in breach of this rule).

At club level, only competitive matches count, (no frendlies)

At International level, goals scored in International frendlies do count.

You may move teams as and when you wish without limitation.

GK's may only be played in the GK position. You are not permitted for example to play your GK in an outfield position, (even for short periods).

Dual position players, (GK/ST or any other mix), are nor permitted under any circumstances. A player must be a GK and a GK only.

No external utilities such as FMScout should be used and the database should be uneditied. Should SI release a data update, this would be allowed. It is advised that people should update using the latest patches as they are released.

I repeat, absolutely no, (and by no I mean feckin NONE AT ALL EVER), use of the editor is permitted.

Rules for this thread.

Player naming is allowed, (however I would make a polite request that if you are talking about real players, perhaps you could give them nicknames to avoid spoiling it for others who may not wish to know that they have a budding Chilavert in their ranks.

Discussion of tactics is allowed, but try and keep it pretty basic. For anything in depth, please go to the T&TGF.

Screenshots for anything are encouraged, (and in order for you to be added to whatever sort of list I will be compiling, is a requirement.

FM07 Records

Most career goals - dafuge - Gylfi Juliusson - Kilmore Rec - 75

Most career club goals - dafuge - Gylfi Juliusson - Kilmore Rec - 75

Most career International goals - AB-forever - Ross Pollitt - USA - 1

Most career assists - Jimbokav1971 - Gabor Mezo - Lisburn Rangers - 41

Most career club assists - Jimbokav1971 - Gabor Mezo - Lisburn Rangers - 41

Most career International assists - davidbowie - Vesa Hovi - Finland - 3

Most goals in a game - dafuge - Gylfi Juliusson - Kilmore Rec - 4

Most assists in a game - Jimbokav1971 - Gabor Mezo - Lisburn Rangers - 2

Highest club shot % ratio (min 20 games) - dafuge - Gylfi Jiliusson - Kilmore Rec- 51%

Highest nation shot % ratio (min 5 games) - davidbowie - Vesa Hovi - Finland - 50% (1/2)

Most club goals in a season - dafuge - Gylfi Jiliusson - Kilmore Rec - 21

Most club assists in a season - Jimbokav1971 - Gabor Mezo - Lisburn Rangers - 13

FM08 Records

Most Career Goals : McIlmurray - Jimbokav1971 - Mosside - 51. Proof.

Most Career Club Goals: McIlmurray - Jimbokav1971 - Mosside - 51. Proof.

Most Career International Goals:

Most Career Assists : McIlmurray - Jimbokav1971 - Mosside - 12. Proof 1. Proof 2. Proof 3. Proof 4.

Most Career Club Assists: McIlmurray - Jimbokav1971 - Mosside - 12. Proof 1. Proof 2. Proof 3. Proof 4.

Most Career International Assists:

Most Goals in a Game: Mr. BFG - 5ergio - Kayserispor - 3. Proof.

Most Assists in a Game: James McKeown - Gilbster - Stamford - 2. Proof

Most Goals in a Season: Mr. BFG - 5ergio - Kayserispor - 16. Proof

Most Assists in a Season: James Smith - NepentheZ - Tandragee - 10. Proof

Highest club shot % ratio (Min 20 games): JK FK15 PK8 - 5ergio - Kayserispor - %53. Proof

Highest nation shot % ratio (Min 5 games):

-New Records-

Youngest Scorer: Paoli - Poyplemonkeys - Harrow Borough - 17 years old - Proof 1 and Proof 2.

Oldest Scorer: Oldest Scorer: Karim Zaza - Rhinosrule - Aab - 33 years old - Proof 1 - Proof 2

Longest Goal (Yards): Danny Lewis - slappybag - AFC Wimbledon - 85 yards Proof

*Not all FM08 Records are up to date, and the data could potentially be changed in the near future.

FM09 Record's Post :

*Any records that have been broken, just let me know, and I'll edit them in in the same format as dafuge runs the FM08 Records Thread.

FM09 Records

Most Career Goals :

Most Career Club Goals:

Most Career International Goals:

Most Career Assists :

Most Career Club Assists:

Most Career International Assists:

Most Goals in a Game:

Most Assists in a Game:

Most Goals in a Season:

Most Assists in a Season:

Highest club shot % ratio (Min 20 games):

Highest nation shot % ratio (Min 5 games):

Youngest Scorer:

Oldest Scorer:

Longest Goal (Yards):

-New Records-

Career Hat-Tricks:

Free Kicks in a Season:

Career Free Kicks:

Penalties in a Season:

Career Penalties:

Ok, well according to the opening posts, i was the holder of this one from last season, so may as well stake my claim again this season already:

Most Assists in a Game: Curtis Aspden - Gilbster - Mangotsfield - 3 - proof

edit: changed picture and record, due to not realising I had a better one already!

Didn't the rules get a minor tweak last year? Goalkeepers with a dual position are allowed, on the condition that a screen shot of "number of times played in position" is put up and proves that the 'keeper has actually been in goal.

You might be in for the longest goal ever, actually. What are your pitch dimensions?

In real life the pitch at Darlington is 110 yards long. I would therefore say that if the dimensions have been kept the same, the goal is scored from approximately 90 yards.

Guest roberto922

Is anyone actually doing this atm?

Anyway, my goalkeeper just scored his 2nd goal :) I was just wondering, at the end of the season what do you need to post? Just his stats and positions tabs?

Most Assists in a Season: Jonny Lund - Whoopy D - Hyde United - 6 - Proof

Just noticed my goalkeeper had the most assists in my team for the season so thought I'd claim a record, not that I expect it to last very long :D

EDIT: I presume loan signings are allowed?

My keeper's now on 7, but I'll wait until the end of the season before taking the record ;)

Put him on Free Kicks and Pens, perhaps bring him up for corners every now and then. Thats pretty much the only way (Unless he hoofs it and it bounces over the other keeper.)

yeah I was talking specifically about the goalkick thingy but I guess thats just coincidence.

What is the highest FK attribute that anyone has seen their GK with?

The average seems to be 4 or 5, but I have seen 1 with 10 for free-kicks, (but he was a pants GK).

I am yet to find a single GK with a FK rating over 5 who is even an average lower leage GK.

A FK rating of less than 10 seems to mean that he can't even get a shot on target never mind about beat the GK.

I suppose this is an improvement in the game, just makes this challenge so much harder.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, I may save my LFC Game, and continue it but save an attempt at this seperately. Hmm, what if I trained an outfield player as a keeper lol? Sure i'd do well then but doubt I'd be allowed to lol. Was just wondering.

You'll have trouble keeping the shots out of your net for some time with that attempt for sure :) Also as far as I know the player has to be neutral (20/20) in goalkeeper position, not sure though.

Archived