FM 2009 – Official Hibernian FC Thread – Sunshine on Leith

hibee1875

FM 2009 – Official Hibernian FC Thread – Sunshine on Leith

Welcome to Hibernian Football Club

Hibernian Football Club are a Scottish professional football club based in Leith, in the north of. Along with Edinburgh their rivals Hearts, they represent the city in the Scottish Premier League. The club were founded in 1875 by Irish Catholics, but this identity has been downplayed to the point where support for the club is based on location rather than religion. Hibernian's Irish heritage is still reflected, however, in the club's name, colours and badge.

The club's name is usually shortened to Hibs. The team are also called "Hibees" (pronounced "high-bees") and the "The Cabbage",a shortening of the rhyming slang for Hibs of "Cabbage and Ribs", by the club's fans. Hibs supporters are known as "Hibbies" (singular: "Hibby").

Club Information

Chairman Status: Will Listen To Offers

Fierce Rivals: Hearts, Celtic, Rangers

Club Legends: Jimmy O’Rourke, Pat Stanton

Club Icons: Frank Sauzee, Keith Wright, John Blackley, Willie Ormond, Lawrie Reilly, Alex Cropley, Gordon Smith, Bobby Johnstone, Eddie Turnbull

Finances: Okay

Media Prediction: 6th

Continental Competition: Intertoto Cup

Squad Personality: Ambitious

Club Captain: Rob Jones

Club Vice-Captain: Chris Hogg

Finances

Estimated Value: £25.5m (Loan Debt: £6m)

Balance: £5.45m

Transfer Budget: £200k-275k

Wage Budget: £39k-44.5k p/w

Stadium & Facilities

Name: Easter Road Stadium

Capacity: 17,400

Expansion Capacity: 22,000

No. of Season Ticket Holders: 10,500

Average Season Ticket Price: £300

Average Ticket Price: £19

Reserve Stadium: Almondvale Stadium, Livingston (West Lothian Courier Stadium in game)

Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic Corporate Facilities

Training Facilities: Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Staff

Chairman: Rod Petrie

Manager: Mixu Paatelainen

Assistant Manager: Donald Park

Coach: Gareth Evans

GK Coach: Gordon Marshall

Youth Coach: Bill Hendry

Youth Coach: Alastair Stevenson

Physio: Colin McLelland

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers

21. Andrew McNeil

41. David Grof

50. Yves Makabu Ma Kalambay

Defenders

2. Kevin McCann

3. David Van Zanten

4. Chris Hogg – Vice-Captain

5. Rob Jones - Captain

6. Ian Murray

16. Lewis Stevenson

19. Thierry Gatheussi

20. Paul Hanlon

25. Darren McCormack

26. Souleymane Bamba

Midfielders

8. Fabian Yantorno

11. Alan O’Brien

12. Filipe Morais

14. Joe Keenan

15. Steven Thicot

18. John Rankin

22. Dean Shiels

23. Ross Chisholm

30. Jordan Cropley

Forwards

1. Derek Riordan

9. Steven Fletcher

10. Colin Nish

24. Steve Pinau – (On Loan from Genoa)

28. Ross Campbell

Players Out on Loan

Meroune Zemmama – On loan at Al-Sha’ab

Abdessalam Benjelloun – On loan at Charleroi

Damon Gray – On loan at Partick Thistle

Recommended Formation

Using the current first team squad without making any changes, I would recommend playing a simple 4-3-3, with fast mixed or direct passing, decent width, little creative freedom (just use it for individual players), with a slightly attacking mentality, focusing passing down the wings.

GK: Makalambay

DR: Van Zanten

DL: Stevenson

DC: Hogg

DC: Jones

MC: Yantorno

MC: Murray

MC: Shiels

ST: Riordan

ST: Fletcher

ST: Nish

Recommended Improvements

In my opinion the squad could do with 3 or 4 quality signings to consolidate a third place finish or even push the Old Firm teams for the title.

I feel the first position that needs strengthened is Goalkeeper, Makalambay and McNeil are ok as back-up but good enough for first choice. Grof is definetly one for the future.

Left Back is another position that needs to be strengthened. Stevenson, Hanlon, Murray and Keenan can all play there but none of them stand out as a first choice. Murray and Stevenson are better used in Midfield and Hanlon is a good back-up and one for the future.

As well as a new GK and Left back I feel another Attacking Midfielder who can play Left and Right and another Striker as back up are needed.

On the selling front, I would look to sell Gatheussi, better options for left back and right back, should be able to get £100k. Not too impressed with Morais so I will probably punt him as Yantorno looks a lot better. Benjelloun has a £1.9m option to buy in his contract if Charleroi decide to take it up.

So there's a brief description of the club and a basic analysis of the squad. With a few quality signings you should be competing for Third place and possibly a Cup. I would make it a three year plan to split the Old Firm and maybe even a title win!

I will update with my transfers in and out and results from my friendlies and Intertoto cup run.

Glory Glory

Nice one mate, good to see some more SPL threads on the go.

See the attacking midfielder you're looking for - have a look at Birkir Bjarnason, Icelandic international who can play AMR or AML. He's not in my Scottish demo, but he'll be there in the full version.

And your keeper - see if you can sign Vincent Enyeama, Nigerian keeper who is very good and very cheap. You might be able to get him.

Plus have a look round the EPL for a loan signing for up-top, bound to get someone better than Nish!

Nice one mate, good to see some more SPL threads on the go.

See the attacking midfielder you're looking for - have a look at Birkir Bjarnason, Icelandic international who can play AMR or AML. He's not in my Scottish demo, but he'll be there in the full version.

And your keeper - see if you can sign Vincent Enyeama, Nigerian keeper who is very good and very cheap. You might be able to get him.

Plus have a look round the EPL for a loan signing for up-top, bound to get someone better than Nish!

If we only need to get a better striker than Nish sign someone permanently from the Conference ;) lol

I will return to playing with Hibs once the full game is out, but on the demo the small database made it virtually impossible to find any good players - especially since the transfer budget is a mere 200K.

I played the demo long enough to learn that Steven Fletcher will be an important player for me this year as well, but I'd hoped that Ian Murray would be better - he's been better in earlier versions.

I was a bit worried about the news surrounding Rod Petrie's retirement (as Chairman), though, as it seemed a new board would bring in a new manager. Has anyone played on and ended up being replaced due to a new board coming in? No point starting up with Hibs if I'll be replaced after a few months every time...

Have been playing the demo and I am also finding it hard to find decent players to sign, a lot of the ones mentioned on the forums aren't loaded in the Scottish Quickstart. I have only made two signings, Binya DM/MC from Benfica for £190k, looks like a bargain, also signed David Moreno, a young spannish AML only 17 so one for the future. Struggled to find a decent goalkeeper, Enyeama isn't in the Scottish Quickstart, tried to get Jason Brown from Blackburn, transfer listed at the start and they wanted £400k so could'nt afford him. Also tried to sign Simon Lappin, as suggested by Donald Park in the team report but he went to Palace instead.

Sold Morais to Peterborough for £120k and Gatheussi to St Johnstone for £130k, so got £250k in but the board haveonly given me £200k to spend from that as transfer revenure is at 60%.

Managed to qualify for Uefa Cup 2nd Qualifying phase through Intertoto by beating Riga and Chernomorets (Burgas). Drew with Partick Thistle and beat Huddersfield in Friendlies, so not a bad pre-season. Have had a lot of injuries though,hopefully be fixed in patch.

Just about to start first SPL game against Kilmarnock. Will play demo to the end but will definetly start a new game when the game is released with a large database, hopefully will be easier to find players.

tried to get Jason Brown from Blackburn, transfer listed at the start and they wanted £400k so could'nt afford him. Also tried to sign Simon Lappin, as suggested by Donald Park in the team report but he went to Palace instead

I signed Brown on a season-long loan - No wages, No loan fee. Managed to sell Langfield for £1million after i'd done this :eek:

Lappin gets suggested for Aberdeen too :)

Can't remember how i was doing where exactly I was as the demo ended for me pretty much a few days after it was released. However i do remember i was on an unbeaten run playing a 4-4-2 diamond with the wingers and strikers allowed to be creative. Signed Don Cowie from inverness as soon as it started and play him either right mid or attacking mid. Also signed Brian Mclean from motherwell but he was joining in january. Rod petrie was also replaced on my game with some random director.

get emiliano insua on loan from liverpool got him intill the end of the season. its like having david murphy back

plus got fredik ljungberg for 14k his stats are still great did'nt know west ham released him hes at some american club top buy

Douglas Costa will join in January, but for 1,2 million pounds - so I had to sell quite a few players. Only wish I could find some way to offload Riordan - I only use one striker and Fletcher is doing really well. By next season Riordan's value will likely have dropped considerably as he's only warming the bench.

Half a season in now. Made quite a few changes to the squad. Binya arrived for pre-season already, along with Carlos Tordoya. Then Georgian goalkeeping talent Makaridze joined just before the season started. Three good players who should be able to do a good job for me for many years to come. In defence young McCormack, Hanlon and McCann are playing well, though some inconsistency is to be expected for players of this age.

In the Euro Vase I suffered poor luck in the draw - after killing off some baltic part-timers I was drawn against Stuttgart in the "final". Mario Gomez ended all hope fairly quickly with a hattrick in the first leg at home. I had to swallow my pride at an early press conference, suggesting I thought Celtic would win the league. My team is talentful, but too young and lightweight at the moment. The aim has to be third spot, getting some UEFA-cup action next year to give continental experience to my players.

The speculation about chairman Rod Petrie's (and my own) future at the club started early in the season. In the end, a businessman named Steve Ross took over. Rather than add some money to my coffers he decided to promptly cancel the work being done on updating my training facilities. An ominous sign. I may end up hating this guy. He let me stay on in the job, though. As he should - I'd just hammered Hearts 3-0 at home, and was sitting at the top of the table (but Celtic and Rangers had a match in hand).

As christmas was approaching I realised a lot of potentially valuable players weren't getting any action. Geoff Hogg and Rob Jones were offloaded at £1 million each. Nish had already left in the summer for £500K. Ian Murray and a bunch of others followed quickly, some of which I clearly sold to cheaply. Offering some of the players to clubs I received up to 20 bids for each - all matching the asking price. I only wish I could get rid of Riordan. He's a decent player, but I never liked his IRL nightclubbing, bouncer-bashing attitude. Shame. I could have done with even more funds, but January would be eventful on the transfer front in any case. Two brazilians - Douglas Costa and Bernardo - both making my scouts jump up and down were added for just over £3 million. Scraping together some money from my unused wage budget that was only just doable on my transfer budget, and also allowed me to bring in young Ivorian N'gossan for a bargain £100k. He had a bit of an attitude - clearly just wanting to use his time at Hibs to show off his talents before he moves on, but I have different plans for him. With Steven Fletcher doing a good job as a lone striker, (and now I've taught him to place his shots, which is working well) I now have a good, very young, and talented first team, with:

GK: Makaridze (inconsistent though, at 18 yrs old)

DR: McCann

DL: Hanlon

DC: Tordoya

DC: McCormack

DMC: Binya

MC: Bernardo

AML: Douglas Costa

AMC: N'Gossan/Shiels/Pinau

AMR: Yantorno

S: Fletcher

Hopefully that can land third spot and if my youngsters develop as I hope I can do one better or even get a title challenge next season. This season I've been struggling to get goals away from home, with some embarrassing defeats to smaller teams. At home Easter Road is becoming a bit of a fortress, with Celtic, Rangers and Hearts all sent home weepy-eyed. Would love to get some more scottish talent in as well. Maybe at right wing - any pointers? Am watching the progress of young Hamilton central midfielder James McCarthy as well, but he's having a poor season so far.

Will keep you posted.

Ok, that's me just played my first SPL game. Had a reasonable pre-season, although got knocked out of the Inter-Toto early on. brought a few guys in fairly late on so they didn't play any pre-season. just fired them into the 1st game @ Killie and they did the business. won 2-1 thanks to a double from loan signing Heidur Helgusson. Here're my transfer dealings so far...

in

Richard Kingston (wigan) - loan

Rodrigo Possebon (man Utd) - loan

Michael Chopra (sunderland) - loan

Heidur Helgusson (bolton) - loan

Hugo Ibarra (Boca) - £250k

Freddie Ljungberg (Seattle) - 14k

Mascio (Cisco) - 20k + 20% sell on

Carlos Tordoya (Bolivar) - 70k

out

Felipe Moaris (MK Dons) - 140k

Yves Ma-Kalambay (Atalanta) - 100k

Ross Campbell (Crewe) - 400k + Future incentives

David Van Zanten (Hull) - 50k loan (future sale fee 500k)

Probably a few more deals to be done. could do with another centre back, but with Flakirk holding out for £2MIL for Darren Barr i think i'll give that a miss. hopefully a few more gems from Bolivia to come

Top of the league by 7 points in February, into 2nd knock-out round of EUFA cup against Aston Villa - beat Bordeaux 2-1 on aggregate in 1st Round after qualifying from a group with AC Milan, Ajax, Heerenveen, and Dortmund. Into the final of the CIS cup and Quarter Final of the Scottish Cup. First season Quadruple here we come!!! :D

Signed lots of players and managed to move a few on for big fees.

Transfers In

Dalibor Volas (ST) - 140k

Mitja Viler (ML) -110k

Emiliano Insua (DL) - loan

Darron Gibson (MC) - loan

Carlos Tordoya - (DC) - 90k

Arpad Vas (AMC RLC) - 70k

Roberto Fernandez (GK) - 50k

Celso Borges (AMC) - 500k

Binya (DMC) - 190k

Michael Morton (DRC, DM, MRC) - 75k

Jonathan Cristalod (FC) 300k

Sherman Cardenas (AMLC) - 350k

Sebastien Phiri - Free

Matais Lequi - Free

Stanley Aborah - 35k

Razak Omotoyossi - 325k

Transfers Out

Ross Campbell - Wolves - 750k

Fillipe Morais - Sheff Utd - 300k

Rob Jones - Wolves - 1.5m

Yves Makalamby - Standard - 500k

Thierry Gatheussi - Dunfermline - 50k

Alan O'Brien - Crystal Palace - 1m

John Rankin - Coventry - 500k

Sol Bamba - Exeter - 20k

Ross Chisolm - Birmingham - 500k

Colin Nish - Cardiff - 200k

Still have 1m to spend in the summer as well!

Just finished my second season, just grabbing 2nd place to improve from last season's third place. Am now meeting Olympiakos in Champions League qualifying. ECC group stage would be a dream, as the finances would no longer be a problem. In the league I'll have a real challenge taking the title. Celtic have bought in some good, mature players (Pizarro, Miguel Torres and a few more) who are playing well. My team of youngsters may not be quite ready. I'm looking for a Cantona-type influence to be the hub and inspiration of the team...

A lot of good regens in this game. The two most talented actually coming through the Hibs system! One AM/FC and one DC who should get first-team action this season at 16 and 15 yrs old respectively. My coaches rate these players higher than any other players at the club in terms of potential, even though I have an abundance of young talent. I also try to check out Aberdeen U19's and a few others. Having scouts roam different areas of the globe also helps -they've uncovered a couple of absolutely phenomenal right backs (one argentinian, one italian), a few great DM (notably one greek kid who's in my starting line-up and the best prospect I've seen), a super GK (who Manchester City is now after. Am contemplating offering him for 35 million pounds, just to see what happens) and quite a few strikers. Make sure you pay special attention to the first round of internationals in a new season. Many of the best prospects will make it on to U19s or even the senior squads. Often they haven't signed a professional contract yet and can be picked up for free or compensation.

Player-pointers to others: Daniel Rahamim - Israeli DC was picked up during the first season for 200k. He is a rock in defence. I'm really surprised that he hasn't been mentioned in any of the forums. That could mean that many of his stats are random, but for me he's immense. For a right winger, Rajiv van la Parra (?) (dutch, can't remember where he came from but not expensive) is a good choice. He was my second best player after Fletcher this season, getting tons of assists. Also look out for Lucas Trecarichi, who got transfer listed by Sevilla. Doing really well on the left flank. On a less positive note, my purchase of Douglas Costa has so far not paid off. His lack of stamina, poor natural fitness, and I assume high injury proneness means he doesn't get enough games and he doesn't develop. Bernardo, my other brazilian, is also struggling to make an impact, but he's getting a lot of interest from the larger clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

i came third in first season playin mostly 4-5-1 attacking although a few players will probably need to be brought in to suit it fully.

Also switched to 4-3-3 attacking when things werent working.

In second season now and 4-5-1 seems to be working a treat. There seems to be alot of quality cheap DMC MC that will sign for hibs.

Good luck

managed to come third in the first season as found it hard to attract much quality.

currentyl second at the 3/4 point in the second season a point behind celtic, should hopefully have second sewn up hich will bring a chance of Champions league next year.

Got Zarate, Leto (on loan), and santana in the summer.

Had trouble with the striker in my 4-5-1 formation. had tried clarkson, sammon and anier there with no luck. got through the first half of the season on lucky one nils etc

however my new signing seems to be doing the business up front finally

Also David Van Zanten seems to be a cracking player

Just had my best result so far 6-0 vs Celtic

hibspu9.th.jpg

After finishing 3rd in my first 2 seasons, the third season's really starting to pay dividends. boys are playing really well and i should probably win the league. I'm currently 4 points clear in January. After generating cracking transfer money in the summer with the sales of: Segundo Allejandro Castillo (4.5mil), Ross Wallace (3.7mil) and Juha Hakola (5 mil). i managed to bring in some beasts. Current first XI sits like this...

GK - Jan Aksel Larsen

DR - Kevin McCann (although hopefully Mohammed Issufu by the end of the window)

DL - Scott Goulbourne or Paul Hanlon

DC - Leo

DC - Carlos Tordoya

MR - Danny Haynes or Victor Moses

MC - Sunny

MC - Mascio (will probably struggle to hold onto him for much longer)

ML - Jeffren or Hosni Abd Rabo

FC - Jonathon Cristaldo

FC - Marquinhos

Got the big push for the title and a champions league spot. Old firm hot on my tail. Come on Boys!

Right. Not long started.

Tictacs are the standard 4-4-2 diamond attacking, tweaked to each individual (which largely means no one on long shots as they are all woeful at it, lower creative freedom, mixed cross balls/ through balls often as I am dross in the air against big defenders and the mentality tightened up a bit)

Flogged:

Morais £150k to Crewe

Currie £275k to Shef Wed

O'Brien £300k to Crewe

McNeil £100k to Brighton

In:

John Ruddy - Everton on Loan

Fabio - Man U on Loan

Henri Lansbury - Arse on Loan

Steve Marlet Free

Oscar Olou Free

Freddie Ljungberg - £14k

Mascio - £30k

Tordoya - £100k

Results

SPL

Lying 5th in after 5 games - won 2 drawn 3 lost 0

Europe

Bt Riga 1:0 2:0

Bt TPS 3:1 0:1

Bt Rujika 1:0 2:1

Bt Benfica 1:0 Second leg away still to come

Riordan is getting punted - he couldnt hit a cows backside with a banjo

Fletcher and Shields scoring almost exclusively

Getting a decent scout was murder but just landed Terry Johns from Man City

I expect the wheels will fly off the trolley now as i have rangers and benfica away to come

More later - oh and the proposed takeover has been running on longer than Coronation Street

hi barry could i see your tactic as i am struggling to settle into this game as i just cant pick a tactic

have signed:

mascio

ljungburg

chopra(loan)

fabio(loan)

well done by the way

Yeah no problem

to be honest i more or less just play standard formations with 4-5-1 attacking by far my most used formation.

Also use 4-3-3 standard and attacking if i need a goal. Find the standard are better then the cuxtom made available for download

Can be difficult to find a forward that plays well with this though, took me about 4 tries after selling fletcher

Came second in the end two points behind celtic but won the scottish cup

Good team Rorinho, how you coping with the homegrown player rule? think its going to be a problem for me this year

Homegrown player rule hasn't been too much of a bother, barrynaughton. although if i'm not careful next year it could be. i've got quite a small first team squad and so make up the rest with reserves and u-19's.

Update for you - Just gone into the split for the top 6. still sitting top, but only by a point from Celtic. Got them and Rangers at home, so hopefully can beat both of them and dent their challenge. Mascio's been injured for the last 4 months, cut Cevasco's come in and done really well. also Danny Haynes and Marquinhos're having a good shoot-out for top scorer. Lazio knocked me out the UEFA cup after pumping me 5-2 in the Olympico and i never looked like turning it around at easter road (finished 5-3 on agg.)

Get in. Didn't perform very well in the top 6, but there were points dropped by everyone. Won 3, lost 2. thought it was over when Nakamura scored in the last minute to beat me at Easter Road. Went into the last game of the season level with Celtic, but they had 10 goals better. I managed to beat Motherwell away 2-1 thanks to two goals from Jonathan Cristaldo. Never before have i celebrated a Rangers goal, but when Danny Welbeck equalised for Rangers at Celtic Park, i almost let out a smile.

Hibees, League Champions - Get In

I have just started at Hibs. Was nice to see they hade over 6mil in the bank. I sold off quite a few players and brought in some youngsters who have good potential.

Transfers in:

Hamed Diomande - ASEC 100K Good defender and is only 20

Tordoya - 85K

Sander Puri - 375K

Binya - 190K

Jonas Elmer - 160K

Makaridze - 95K

Bi - ASEC young striker 90K

Borges - 500K

Naylor - GK from Saprissa 400K bought to help Borges settle in and is also a good young GK

Ever Guzman -24K

Total - 2mil

Transfers out:

Campbell - 220K

Morais - 140K

Keenan - on loan with future fee

Rankin - on loan with future fee

O'Brian - 60K

Hogg - 300K

Ma Kalamby - 130K

and some youngsters on loan

Total - 875K

I just beat Metalurgs 3-0 in the 2nd qual round in europe so hopefully will get a nice draw for the next stage.

After about a month I asked the board for more money and they gave me about 3.5mil to spend which was good.

Team lines up in a 4-3-3 formation like this:

GK - Naylor

RB - McCann

LB - Elmer

CB - Tordoya although McCormack as Tordoya is injured

CB - Diomande

MC - Puri

MC - Binya

MC - Borges

FC - Guzman or Yantoro

FC - Fletcher

FC - Riordan

Binya is the captain and more defensive where Borges is more attacking.

Quite happy with the team and with the training schedules all set hopefully the future is bright!

barrynaughton, Haynes is a quality player, and very versitile. i play 442. the starting XI he's the right midfielder, but to be honest he's probably played as many games as a striker this season. he seems to be a bit like Ronney IRL, he's goes on scorin runs where he'll be a beasto fro 4 games, then not score for a while. for the right price (i got him for £2 mil) he's a very handy player to have

Well i have just start my career game and im starting as my beloved hibernian fc....mon the cabbage.

wow to tell the board u will achieve european qualification and you get 200k to reflect this is pretty real for a club like hibs.

But the amount of money you can make from selling decent players is amazing,they are good players but you can bring in better.

For example...

Players out in pre season 1 -

Rob jones 1.1 mil to wolves

alan obrien 750 k to palace

makalamby 160k to man city

morais 160 to crewe

gatheusii 130 k to a lower french team

chris hogg 425 k to birmingham

and all these were upfront and i now have a massive kitty of 1.9 mill to dip into

this is totally amazing and all the players are totally replaceable

Ill post more info soon :)

Started a Hibs game today. The 1st time i am managing in Scotland and don't ask me why i've chosen the Hibs. ;)

My transfers:

IN:

Fabio Loan

Fredrik Ljungberg €16k

Fran Merida Loan

Craig Beattie Loan

Jhasmany Campos €5k

Seyfo Soley Free

Mascio €45k

Matias Lequi Free

notable OUTs:

Ma Kalambay €100k

Ross Campbell €200k

Thierry Ghatuessi €100k

Paul Hanlon €70k

After 4 games i'm sitting in 3rd place with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Rangers are rock bottom with just 1 point. I beat Motherwell in the last match after being 0-2 down. Merida, Murray and Fletcher were the scorers in a great 2nd half comeback.

In the UEFA Cup i'll face a hard test vs. Germany's Hertha BSC in the 1st round.

EDIT: Just have been taken over which raised my transfer budget to €16M! Luckily I haven't been sacked.

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to get this thread going again! :)

I just started a Hibs career. And 1 month in, i was taken over by a Chillean billionare! :D I've been promised £49.5M to sell on players :)

Currently 2nd in league after 8 games :)

Lets get this back on track!

• 1 month later...

Just started a new game with Hib's, patch 9.3.0

I've got about 5 mill in the bank, but no transfer funds?? and the option to ask for more is greyed out?

anyone know why?

And on another note, preston just stole one of my youth players - i got no money for this??

anytime i try to do this is says i have to pay x amount

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished season one. In the first season i loaned in players to cover my LB and GK positions. Season two i am finding quite a bit of difficulty. I have a 1 Mill Pounds transfer fee and looking to fill these positions. Any recommendations- Loan or Purchase?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Just started playing fm 09 for the first time properly.

Struggling to find players for the first time ever on Fm, any suggestions?

Also whats with loans? Is it possible to loan anyone without paying a fee? I could see if it was a first team player, but a youngster!?

Archived