FM2009 Keycode

Guest mikeytwigge

because its not for sale to the 14th ao its highly likely that its pirated thats why it sounds dodgy. Anyway like i said email SI with the details of the place that sold you the game

Well, if he isnt lying and it is genuine, this is exactly why this type of DRM sucks, poor guy will have to look at his case, read the manual for 6 days before he can play it. They should have the actviation servers or team or phone up at least one of them for early releases like this.

On a different note, I can get copies from Monday/Tuesday from local shop as the owner will sell me one as soon as he has stock!

Well, if he isnt lying and it is genuine, this is exactly why this type of DRM sucks, poor guy will have to look at his case, read the manual for 6 days before he can play it. They should have the actviation servers or team or phone up at least one of them for early releases like this.

On a different note, I can get copies from Monday/Tuesday from local shop as the owner will sell me one as soon as he has stock!

Bit pointless to get excited considering what was said before. :p

It wont happen again because of the new registering system. Thats why SI have made everyone do this to stop shops releasing it early. Having said that shops still mite but gamers wont be able to play so everyone is in the same boat

It wont happen again because of the new registering system. Thats why SI have made everyone do this to stop shops releasing it early. Having said that shops still mite but gamers wont be able to play so everyone is in the same boat

Its awsome really, think SI are trying to see how many customers they can lose in one go with this release, first they use a DRM protection that nobody likes, restricts you in a small but inconvienient way. Then people who do get the game early cant play it and get annoyed, It wont affect the shops, hust the people who bought the game, more paying customers. Its irrelevant that the protection may or not be a good thing, Mention DRM, you turn people off straight away, then combine that with people who cant play the game for a week coz they get the game early. Nice!!

Well if shops sold the game on the date they are meant to then people wouldn't have this problem, simple really! Sell on 14th November and people can buy the game and play it when they get home, shops sell early and people then get in a huff cos they can't play the game yet so it's really a case of the shops sticking to the law. Is it that hard to understand for some shops?

Yep... I bought the game at a LEGAL way (don't like the "dodgy" accusations) , and I can't play it for a week? :(

Mate, SI have the brown nosers on here so wound up in a web of piracy lies that you will always get them calling you out for Piracy.

Not one of them will sympathise with you either because they are jealous they don't have it.

Well if shops sold the game on the date they are meant to then people wouldn't have this problem, simple really! Sell on 14th November and people can buy the game and play it when they get home, shops sell early and people then get in a huff cos they can't play the game yet so it's really a case of the shops sticking to the law. Is it that hard to understand for some shops?

Unfortunatley the shops are only concerned with sales, and if they sell one more than their competitor because they have sold early then for them its a success. SI will get the brunt of it because it wont be able to be activated until midnight thursday/friday. some may go and get refunds, some might wait some might complain, who knows until it happens I guess

It's not my fault that I have the game, and my "punishment" is that I can't play.

Take it back to the shop you brought it from, demand that you get your money back and threaten to report them for illegally selling the game. That way, it's the retailer that pays the price

It's not SI's fault if a shop sold the game before it was due for release either?

SI doesn't have negative consequences, I have. (consequence for SI is dissatified consumers, not when they "open" the activation)

Its awsome really, think SI are trying to see how many customers they can lose in one go with this release, first they use a DRM protection that nobody likes, restricts you in a small but inconvienient way. Then people who do get the game early cant play it and get annoyed, It wont affect the shops, hust the people who bought the game, more paying customers. Its irrelevant that the protection may or not be a good thing, Mention DRM, you turn people off straight away, then combine that with people who cant play the game for a week coz they get the game early. Nice!!

The shops will get just as much complaints as SI will. The authentication system is there for a reason. Everyone can then get the game and play the game on the proper release date which should prevent some people spoiling the secrets of the game before other people even get it. How would you like it if someone was playing teh game because they got it early which is illegal (by the shop) and you have pre-ordered yours so have to wait. I dont like waiting but i think it is fair. Life isnt fair. You just have to get on with it

SI doesn't have negative consequences, I have.

You don't think there are negative consequences for SI if one or two retailers decide to start selling copies of FM a week before everyone else?

SI doesn't have negative consequences, I have. (consequence for SI is dissatified consumers, not when they "open" the activation)

But why do you seem to want to ignore the responsibilities of the shop? They have caused your dissatisfaction and not SI.

Heres a question for you.... The week before your birthday you go visit your grandma and grandpa and they give you a big present but they say '' here you are, you can have this now but it's NOT to be opened until your birthday'' Would you run straight home and open it...or do as they asked and wait ?

What SI are asking is the same thing .... please wait until release day before playing .... and to avoid whats happened several years before, they have the activation only available on the release date ..thats to stop people who ''run home and open their present''

Of course, you could tell your grandma and grandpa to keep the present for another week but then you would have to go visit them again the next week .... Same here... you could tell the shop you bought your copy from to keep it but then you have to go back...but now you have it...just put it away and wait like everyone else...

If however you answered that you would run home and open it straight away ... then you obviously need to review your decision making... of course.. it may just be your new tactics :D

Heres a question for you.... The week before your birthday you go visit your grandma and grandpa and they give you a big present but they say '' here you are, you can have this now but it's NOT to be opened until your birthday'' Would you run straight home and open it...or do as they asked and wait ?

What SI are asking is the same thing .... please wait until release day before playing .... and to avoid whats happened several years before, they have the activation only available on the release date ..thats to stop people who ''run home and open their present''

Of course, you could tell your grandma and grandpa to keep the present for another week but then you would have to go visit them again the next week .... Same here... you could tell the shop you bought your copy from to keep it but then you have to go back...but now you have it...just put it away and wait like everyone else...

If however you answered that you would run home and open it straight away ... then you obviously need to review your decision making... of course.. it may just be your new tactics :D

Fantastic use of metaphor, my friend.

haha doesn't everyone?
I love the smell of fresh paper, so I'd happily sniff the manual :D

Good to see I'm not the only one, just sniffed the FM08 one and it smells like dust. :( That's because FM08 has been in the DVD drive since I bought it by the way, not due to not playing it!

I don't have any grandparents at all, the last one died when I was four (I am now 24). So that situation just goes over my head! :D

• Administrators

The game has not been released therefore none of the activation codes have been activated. You should report the vendor that sold the game directly to Sports Interactive. The game should never have been sold to you and it will not be able to be activated until the actual release date.

Archived